Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kobato.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 28, 2010 5:47 PM
Aug 2009
oh yeah, i understand now !!

so, basically kobato herself was a student in Yomogi when kiyokazu still small.
kobato died and she trying to transcend time to go back to that time, because she didnt have the chance to tell her feeling to kiyokazu "in the past".
but the reason why her wish must "wait 4 years" maybe because she didnt complete the coffeto in time o__oa

hmm about the reborn concept, i dont think she back to ZERO age. i think that the same age when she leave kiyokazu in the park plus 4 year more. the reborn is transcend time, meaning she'll born again at her current age. altered people memory around her for her "childood life" maybe, that not imposible for God.

Mayora-Hime said:
I don't care what anyone says, I loove the ending. It was very touching and cute. I looove Ioryogy-san!! He deserves a thousand points!! :D
The only part that they could've done better was u know let Fujimoto and Kobato kiss or something, they haven't seen each other in 4 years...
Too bad the anime ended, now back to the manga :)

about the ending not kissing, i think that what it should for them.
i mean the childish kobato (that doesnt even understand about love, look when doumoto confess her and she had no idea) vs the tsundere + stiff kiyokazu??
for their personality, only hugging is at their best. lol
Mar 29, 2010 9:12 AM

Aug 2009
AHHHHHH SO GOOD NOW THATS WHAT YOU ALL A LOVELY ENDING AAHHH I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY ANYMORE. SO THIS ALSO HAPPENED TO KOHAKU AND THAT DOCTOR DUDE, LOL. DIFFERENT WORLDS AAA.

I wonder how Fujimoto remembered Kobato at first and everyone was like "Oh who's that girl?" I also loved how they skip the time and everyone was like all grown up and everything. I was like "OH SHIT THIS CAN'T BE." Also loved how they showed all of the characters that Kobato helped throughout the entire series in the ending. One last lovely thing is that Ioryogi chose to stay beside Kobato, aww.

Kobato saying "I'm home." to Fujimoto was just epic fucking win. I love Fujimoto's response saying "You made me wait throughout these years." I wonder what happened to Kobato in all those "years". WAIT SO BEFORE KOBATO DIED, SHE WAS A STUDENT IN YOMOGI NURSERY AND FUJIMOTO WAS THE TEACHER THAT TIME? THE FUCCKKK IS GOING ON SON?
MoonfrostMar 29, 2010 7:25 PM
Mar 29, 2010 6:15 PM

Apr 2009
AHHH THE ENDING :OOOOOO
AMAZING
-CRIES-
Mar 29, 2010 7:57 PM
Oct 2009
Blargh, this entire anime was a slow paced episodic boring story.

Ending wasn't bad, but like...the real story was like crammed into the last episodes while nothing else really made much sense at first...kinda the same thing happened in Canaan really. Character development was very slow in general and backstory wasn't made very clear for most of the show. And still wasn't all that clear by the end.

The art and music is good...I just didn't find this show very interesting.

6/10, not really very special.

I think I'll stick to ecchi romance comedies and the occasional shonen.
A2ZOMGMar 29, 2010 8:02 PM
Mar 29, 2010 10:52 PM

May 2008
Happy ending,
this reminded a bit like clannad somehow, where someone loses another and is alone for a year or two, then comes back... well something like that

I was so emmotional with the piano. etc and the scenes =/

Anyway overall i liked kobato series, gave it a 8/10

=) need to get the ost
Mar 29, 2010 11:26 PM
Oct 2009
mel-hime said:
why don't you just shut up >_< really....my friends always tell me 'don't push yourself'...if you didn't like it why'd you have to forcefully watch it and then complain how sucky it is..your type of people i hate the most...
Did you know that I hate your type of people the most? The ones who are too chicken to actually give things a chance if they don't like them at first sight? If you don't 'push yourself' to watch something that might actually be good, it's your own damn fault for failing to give things a fair chance. Now go do yourself a favor and watch Element Hunters for me please.

I like a few others try my best to be a fair critic. If you can't accept that people will have reasons for not sharing your opinion, you have no business being on this message board.

I personally don't really know what to think of Kobato, besides the fact I really didn't enjoy it much, although I do agree with noteDhero that this show does leave much to be desired in various categories.

DeathfireD said:
So basically they could have just made a 5 episode OVA lol.
lmao you think so? That makes too much sense.
A2ZOMGMar 29, 2010 11:30 PM
Mar 30, 2010 7:06 AM

Nov 2007
This Anime had so many ups and downs, and imo more downs than ups. And it may be cliché to the point where many may drop it, but for me it was still enjoyable. And probably more than I'd admit. Heck, I guess I loved it.

That last episode was really great and touched me somewhat.
7/10
:)
Mar 30, 2010 5:42 PM

Apr 2009
Melissathekaiki said:
i sat and waited for a KISS!!!

Ah, so I'm not the only one? XD

I really did like the ending. For one thing, I got canon. :3 Fujibato, yay (though, I can't help feel that it was cuter and more well-developed in the manga). Nevertheless, it was still cute to watch. As far as cheesy happy endings go, I liked this. :)

Now I just have to wait for the manga to update. D: I want to see how that one will end.
Mar 31, 2010 8:16 PM

Mar 2010
Spazzcase said:
Melissathekaiki said:
i sat and waited for a KISS!!!

Ah, so I'm not the only one? XD

I really did like the ending. For one thing, I got canon. :3 Fujibato, yay (though, I can't help feel that it was cuter and more well-developed in the manga). Nevertheless, it was still cute to watch. As far as cheesy happy endings go, I liked this. :)

Now I just have to wait for the manga to update. D: I want to see how that one will end.

Ayaa, AGREED AGREEED.

I hope they get to finishing the manga. I've been waiting a billion and one years for drop 21 or whatever! The music is beautiful, though.

I love CLAMP's stories, even when they get a bit long, because even the ones I'm not fond of have something beautiful to take away with us.

I wonder if the manga will end differently?

I WANTED A KISS SO BAD THOUGH.
Apr 1, 2010 8:03 PM

Jan 2008
cute ending. now to wander on to read the manga x3
Apr 2, 2010 4:49 AM

Sep 2008
... Okayy... I see lots of "controversy" about the ending on this thread. XD

I liked it. It was cliche but definitely a "feel good" ending, and it was sweet.

Konataku said:
I don't mind CLAMP recycling their works, at least they didn't steal it from others.It also gives a somewhat nostalgic feeling? XD

I like CLAMP though, so... I dunno... somehow I'd like to see more creativity on their part? Their original creations were pure originals, and they were fantastic. We love their characters, but they should create new ones for us to love instead of reusing them? DX Can't say it without sounding mean I guess.

Anyway I enjoyed this series and that's all that matters to me. :D The enjoyment factor. Why watch something if you dread watching it anyway?
Apr 2, 2010 5:11 AM

Sep 2009
Beautiful ending! Kobato scores 100!
Apr 2, 2010 5:17 AM

Dec 2007
THIS
IS
HOW
YOU
DO
A
FUCKING
SHOUJO/ROMANCE/SLICE OF FUCKING LIFE

*manly tears of joy*
curse these femal tear ducts.

but overall, It really was lovely, it truly was beautiful. It's great when everything is summed up and not left open in an attempt at making it seem deeper than it really is, and a HAPPY ENDING, didn't even know they existed anymore, a rare breed indeed.

10/10
Apr 2, 2010 8:38 PM

Nov 2008
Tatynin said:
Beautiful ending! Kobato scores 100!

Agree~ XD

I don't know why, but I love these type of endings. <3

I was starting to think it was going to be a bittersweet ending, where Kobato won't get her memories back, but when she did, I just got even happier. I love happy endings~ :D

Onto the manga, ahaha~
Apr 4, 2010 12:10 AM

Aug 2009
I liked the ending a lot! No, the whole series. I just loved it! :D

It doesn't matter if the ending is cliche or not. It was a good ending, and that's all!

And gotta love the characters! Those touching moments too, such as Doumoto confession to Kobato. Usyagi-san made the most scary sound of the serie, and Kobato.. she is lovely! And some extra points for those crossover scenes

The only thing.. I expected a kiss scene too :<

Well, for every serie there are the ones that like it and the ones that don't, but it's normal, so there's no need for such hate... o__o'
Apr 5, 2010 1:34 AM
Jun 2007
Gah. There are still so many things left unexplained. I guess I should go and read the manga? :/
Apr 8, 2010 2:23 AM

Nov 2007
I loved the ending, very appropriate. And seeing the kids all grown up was a real treat. :D
Apr 9, 2010 7:59 AM

Aug 2007
Oh, this was probably one of the best endings of the seasons. Yes, call it cliché, but it was done with style. I bet this was also different for the manga-readers, because I knew that the anime was pretty slow... I liked it. I guess I'll start reading the manga and I'll see that there will be a REAL CLAMP ending, not like this sweet anime version. I mean, hello, an eye hasn't been eaten yet, so the anime is not CLAMP worthy. But I liked. Yes, the last episode made me turn it back to 8 again instead of 7.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Apr 11, 2010 2:50 AM

Dec 2007
What a beautiful and bestl ending and I really loved it! It was enjoyable and good series.
Apr 15, 2010 4:51 PM

Aug 2009
wow...the music made the hugging effect that much special T_T

Fujimotos response To kobato was Freaking Epic XD
whalegatorzApr 15, 2010 4:54 PM

Apr 21, 2010 1:47 AM

Apr 2010
this anime started off slow and boring but in got me at the end. it had me in tears. i love animes that takes your heart and put in as low as it can go then everything ends happy. the last 5 episodes turned the anime around for me greatly. it took a 6/10 anime and drove it all the way to a 10/10. great anime and great story. Does the manga go past this or does it retell it in a different way?
Apr 28, 2010 9:01 PM

Apr 2008
It could have been so much better..
They should've ended it with Kobato and Kyokazu meeting, Kohaku had said that they'd meet again so that was enough for the happy ending, the whole memories returning was too much...
And still not that much as for the war Ioryogi and the others made against heaven.. I was only watching this till the end (after that fillerish beginning I really didn't felt like ending this) to get some clues to the real story (the manga one).. Could have used a little more of that..

Overall 7/10, the art was pretty, the songs too and I really adore Ioryogi. He should get his own anime showing the rest of the story...

KazukiUchiha said:
Does the manga go past this or does it retell it in a different way?

The manga has more story in the beginning and is starting to show who Kobato really is and why Ioryogi cares that much, it's still ongoing. And it isn't possible that Kobato's dead like here so you might wanna see it.
The anime started too soon, there wasn't enough manga to do anything a lot better than this =/
Lumi-chanApr 28, 2010 9:05 PM
May 2, 2010 9:00 AM

Apr 2009
Its realy excellent anime!!!
And this episode especially !!!
May 5, 2010 8:54 AM

Apr 2009
Having not read the story line on this anime I just have to say I can so relate to this Series. Beautiful in every way! Let us all hope to overcome time so we can be with the one that was ment for us. And I dont care about what other ppl though about Kobato's singing! I thought it was suppose to stay sweet and innocent. Good job Clamp!!!
May 5, 2010 9:35 AM

Sep 2008
tsubasalover said:
Ends with that photo, still no Kobato that time.

Btw, who says there's no Kobato in the picture??? She's in that picture, squatting down with kids surround her!!
May 19, 2010 10:10 AM

Nov 2007
i don't know about you guys but this one, i'll give it a 10/10
May 25, 2010 5:17 PM

Aug 2007
Oh man, what a sweet ending. I was going to give this a 6, but hearing Fujimoto call Kobato by her name completely sold me. Can't wait to read the manga now. UGH. Tears. ;___;
Jun 4, 2010 11:37 PM

Jun 2009
Loved the episode
i cried..tears..
Loved the ending
10/10:)
Jun 5, 2010 3:27 PM

Mar 2008
ending would have been better if kobato was borned as his daugther.. i think it's the best...
Jun 27, 2010 5:46 PM

Aug 2009
I CRIED SO MUCH!!!!

ITS BEEN FOREVER SINCE I SEEN A ANIME THAT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL AND GAVE ME EMOTION LIKE THAT!!!

It was such a BEAUTIFUL ending! LOVE THIS SHOW.. PERFECT 10!
Jul 5, 2010 9:58 PM

Sep 2008
Canelo said:
wow...the music made the hugging effect that much special T_T

Fujimotos response To kobato was Freaking Epic XD

The song definitely made that moment more touching than it already was. I went from crying out of sadness (since episode 23) to crying because the moment was just so beautiful.

I also liked how Fujimoto told the "granddaughter" that the song was something an "old love" used to sing. :)

Jul 12, 2010 7:50 AM

Aug 2009
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
Was that a tear? Yes, I think that was a tear!

Such a beautiful ending, however I believe the series would have been much better if it was shorter. I didn't get into it until the last 5 episodes or so.

Trust Ioryogi to give himself 100 points >__<
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jul 15, 2010 7:14 AM

Feb 2008
Finally dragged myself to finish this after being compelled by my OCD.

Horrible characterisation, terrible pacing complete with an almost forgettable soundtrack. At least the OP was okay.

Probably would have enjoyed it if I were say.. 15 years younger and haven't watched CCS yet.
Jul 15, 2010 4:42 PM

Jan 2010
That ending was beautiful T_T. Overall pretty good, not spectacular but nice.
Jul 25, 2010 12:29 AM

Jun 2008
Outstanding ending, i'd like the series better if there were 10-12 eps long, 24 are like too much. Anyways I'm giving this an 8

Aug 13, 2010 9:10 AM

Nov 2007
That was so beautiful ;u;

Anyone who's complainin takes life to seriously >:(

Aug 14, 2010 4:56 PM

Nov 2008
Why did I cry when Fujimoto began to play the piano? ;.;
I'm glad there's happy ending.
Aug 17, 2010 10:53 PM

Feb 2008
okay, i liked the ending.. But i have to ask, the manga is still ongoing right? So up to what part does the anime follow the manga?
Aug 19, 2010 3:57 AM
Aug 2010
Okay. Am I weird? Since I really liked the ending. No, seriously, it made me cry and I was sooo happy when Fujimoto and Kobato ended together. Well, I did think for a moment "Ah, this is so cliched" but it still gave me a really warm feeling.
I have to agree, that there was no storyline though. It caught my attention for some unknown reason and I finished the whole anime in two days.
I guess I watched it just to see Fujibato together. That's enough to make me happy. :D *shoujo fangirl*
So overall, i find it enjoyable and don't regret watching it.
Aug 28, 2010 8:35 AM

Mar 2010
Yay it was a happy ending.
The moment of reunion was beautiful with Kabato's song, it was somewhat touching, I didn't cry but there was tears...
Anyway, good series, beautiful art, great music and theme songs -> 9/10 d(^_^)b

Sep 22, 2010 11:06 AM
Dec 2007
Nonoriri said:
AND IT ENDS. FINALLY... What a shitty ending. Not like I was expecting much. No, scratch that. I was hoping that even though this was the most painfully boring, and probably the most terrible thing I've ever seen... I was hoping it'd end good. Like, with Kobato just dying and never returning. Kobato was basically WISH, only more annoying. I guess I forgot it was CLAMP. I have lost all respect I once had for them. I didn't have much, but still. UGHH...

I can understand your disappointment, but do keep in mind that this is but a "shitty" anime adaption. The manga is not finished, and the anime simplified the storyline by adding dozens of unnecessary filler episodes and bad comedy which made Kobato seem more annoying and Fujimoto more unlikeable. The anime adaption turned out to be a shoujo piece with childishness, pinkness and fluffiness overload. With the current number of manga chapters released, Kobato still remains to have great potential (although it is not as dark as TRC or holic yet and prolly never will), it is only a shame the anime never realized the potential. CLAMP, therefore still deserves respect, not for the anime, but for their original work, the manga. As for Kobato being "Wish" all over again: Doesn't CLAMP always use the theme Wish in their works? Clover, X1999, xxxHolic, TRC...they ALL circle around this. It's just a fascinating topic.
viMALSep 22, 2010 11:16 AM
Sep 30, 2010 3:32 PM
Oct 2009
When I think about how ridiculously awful of a protagonist Kobato is, one who basically exhibits no development from being a self-centered and inconsiderate do-gooder for the entire span of 24 episodes...seriously. How the hell is this show in the top 300?

Not to mention 95% of the show had nothing to do with the main plot. If there even was a main plot.

I'm a very patient person and I'm usually open to trying new things, but man, this show really took me to hell and back testing my patience.

Changed my rating to a 4/10. Bad characters, bad development, barely existent plot, hardly anything that grabs your attention.
A2ZOMGSep 30, 2010 3:35 PM
Oct 6, 2010 5:56 AM

Jul 2010
I keep asking myself why do people who hate the anime keep watching and watchig it? If u hate it then just DON'T WATCH IT. And don't bother us with it, it's so annoying if u comment on each episode like; it's crappy shit, it doesn't follow the manga closely enough, it's fake, it has no story etc... We knów, after like what, 3 times, it's clear that u dislike it!
If u hate it, fine, but don't comment at every positive comment here, don't u have something better to do than that? Like searching for an anime you dó like? -_-

I personally love this anime, Kobato is the sweetest/purest characters I know I guess xd She's great and the anime was cute. I didn't understood eveyrhing about her wish *what was that with the flashback when she was so young and Fujimoto was kinda the same age?* but I'm glad it was a happy end ^^ So glad she got het memories back :)
Oct 11, 2010 2:00 PM
Oct 2009
I watch shows with the idea that every show has potential to do well. I finish it before deciding I don't like the show, since that is the best way to objectively criticize an anime. And I'll go back to NoteDhero's argument that since nobody can make any clear statements as to why this show is any good, the show is indefensible.

There's a number of shows that start out mediocre but end up turning around with something high quality to make up for their poor beginnings (I will kindly direct you to Element Hunters, a clearly superior show that starts out mediocre, but wins mid-story). Kobato is not one of those shows. It starts out with a pretty mediocre concept (one that is pretty much guaranteed to make the show largely based on episodic filler), and insists on sticking to that concept with pretty much complete disregard to actual plot and character development until like the last 2-3 episodes. And Kobato is by far one of the worst protagonists I've ever witnessed in a show. Besides lacking any real development, she's just a clueless, inconsiderate, and self centered girl who causes people more problems.

I gave this show a chance like every other show I watch. And I live to fairly criticize. This show is not good.
Oct 15, 2010 4:18 PM

Feb 2010
Animefanx3 said:
I keep asking myself why do people who hate the anime keep watching and watchig it? If u hate it then just DON'T WATCH IT. And don't bother us with it, it's so annoying if u comment on each episode like; it's crappy shit, it doesn't follow the manga closely enough, it's fake, it has no story etc... We knów, after like what, 3 times, it's clear that u dislike it!
If u hate it, fine, but don't comment at every positive comment here, don't u have something better to do than that? Like searching for an anime you dó like? -_-

I personally love this anime, Kobato is the sweetest/purest characters I know I guess xd She's great and the anime was cute. I didn't understood eveyrhing about her wish *what was that with the flashback when she was so young and Fujimoto was kinda the same age?* but I'm glad it was a happy end ^^ So glad she got het memories back :)

+1!
I totally agree.

I must be honest, I did had this anime on hold for a while, that's the reason why I completed it so many months later. But the four last episodes I watched it non-stop.
Yes, the ending is a bit like the one from TRC, but I don't mind! Isn't it just beautiful having things developed like that? Yes, Kobato is not much of an outstanding protagonist in braveness or wisdom or beauty, but doesn't this make her special?
Please, put this anime on the dropped-list if you hate it, but don't rip it apart! =.=
CLAMP has made wonderful series, I like them all.

MUST READ THE MANGA
Oct 16, 2010 7:08 PM
Mar 2010
I bawled my eyes out, holy crap that was the saddest thing ever! I didn't expect it to be a sad anime, but shit, I couldn't stop tha water works. Even when everything turned out alright, I was still crying, in fact I started crying even harder during the end credits.
And I usually don't like it in an anime when people don't kiss eventually, but I totally had no ill will towards them two, I was totally cool with the fact that they just hugged it out. I wish I could give this anime a rating of 8.5 or something ._.
And I never expected the nursery to actually get knocked down, that happened. I didn't expect Kobato to be a dead woman walking, that happened. Ah, man this was such a wonderful ending! I seriously get this feeling with a lot of animes, but I seriously wish I didn't zip through it so quickly! Ah god man, I wish I could still be watching it right now :(.... fackin amazing last ep!

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
Oct 17, 2010 4:49 PM

Jan 2010
To be honest that was really predictable, but I loved it so much...
Dec 6, 2010 12:48 AM

Apr 2010
This was too beautiful, too sweet, too everything. Cliché? I don't care, I didn't even think about that, actually. It made me cry and laugh so much, I LOVE the art.

10/10 Yesss~

Dec 21, 2010 1:38 AM

Dec 2009
from start to end I loved this show! the ending was good and i fell inlove with kobato's song instantly! i'll remember this anime!
Jan 3, 2011 12:42 AM

Jun 2008
I'm glad I decided to finally finish this show, I didn't expect to enjoy it this much. It's been a while since I've watched something that brought tears to my eyes. A nice ending, but I felt it took too long to get there.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kobato. Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Mar 2, 2010

115 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 26, 12:24 PM

Poll: » Kobato. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kappaka - Oct 6, 2009

237 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 6, 10:32 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Kobato Episode 23

KingSunWukong - Dec 12, 2023

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:18 PM

» Hanato Kobato is an example of "The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Kiryotsu - Oct 22, 2023

0 by Kiryotsu »»
Oct 22, 2023 1:00 PM

Poll: » Kobato. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2010

100 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Jul 15, 2023 2:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.