Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 19, 2017 1:58 PM

Feb 2017
nikki-chan92 said:

This episode in particular I hate how they randomly show central losing to the dorms with no build up, no tension, nothing its just a easy win and weak lead in for season 4. I really hope they fix the pacing issues in the next season.

Well it was exactly like this in the Manga. Why would they show Megumis or Nikumis full shokugeki against some random central guys? Those nobodys were just cannon fodder for the purpose of showing that some people can still defend themselves against central. They've already shown Ryos Shokugeki, that was more than enough to show who they are up against. No one wants to see more of those.

But yea, this season was kind of rushed sometimes, allthough it wasn't always in a negative way. The Manga was kinda slow at some points in this arc, so the anime did pretty well in speeding it up sometimes.

When you swim in the sea and an eel bites your knee, that's a moray!
Dec 19, 2017 2:09 PM

Feb 2014
For one thing, I'm glad that they used the big reveal to end this season on a cliffhanger and the good thing is that we only have to wait until April to resume the second cour. =)

Although Soma's dish was truly impressive and delicious looking, Tsukasa's dish was in a completely different level. Although Tsukasa's U-turn to having Soma join Central might've been a bit of a downer, in a sense, he made the right choice, as he explained to Soma and the others about his decision. =)

As for Megumi and Ikumi's victories against Central, as explained already, the manga only showed their victory panels and that's pretty much it. The anime followed it with a few extra dialogue, but nothing else that was noteworthy.

The whole scene with Azami at the Polar dorm was done nicely, as was Erina finally finding out that Soma's dad is Joichiro. Now I want to see how J.C Staff adapts the next main arc, as well as the few build-up chapters beforehand.

All in all, season 3 was, for me, as good as season 2. Pacing was mostly the same and the animation quality was the same as well, with the odd inconsistencies here and there.

9/10.
Dec 19, 2017 2:23 PM
Dec 2017
Wadafakkkkkkk. Why it had to end now????? I cant believe this! This episode is The best one I've seen ever and this season is just full of suprises! Best season for me but the cliffhanger is just sooo horrible! God!!! Someone contact the anime makers and tell them to release the 2nd cour sooner :/

10/10 except for the cliffhanger
Dec 19, 2017 2:24 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
And so the last episode is finally here. Despite the stakes its important that Erina and the others taste the dishes throughly to determine who wins here. Its their role and responsibilities as a chef after all. Hmm using coffee in a dish involving wild game and chestnuts sure was interesting. So Eishi won after all then. Well at least Souma didn't join central. Still its nice to see that Souma's victory protecting the dorm inspired both Megumi and Nikumi to score victories against Central. So Azami was a former alumini of the dorm huh. Hmm nice ending that set it up for the next arc which is the promotional arc. Nice to see that Erina now knows who Souma's dad is.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2017 2:26 PM

Mar 2012
It's been expected that Souma would lose Eishi. There's no way he could beat the First Seat on his current level. At least, he doesn't end up joining Central.

Ah, finally I've been waiting for that big scene to be animated. Erina eventually finds out that her idol is the father of Souma when the latter just casually told Azami about his relations to Jouichirou.

Overall, I still enjoyed this first cour of season 3 despite rushing past a few scenes and rearranging the big reveal. Looking forward to see the second cour on April 2018.

Credit to Hihanteki
Dec 19, 2017 2:45 PM

Apr 2015
Would be an 8 but the last few eps take it down to 7
Dec 19, 2017 2:47 PM
Nov 2017
This season honestly was underwhelming . The middle of the season with azami first appearing and erina running away was good but other than that I’ve never had myself really excited for next weeks episode . The animation felt weird and it wasn’t as enjoyable as the other seasons , it didn’t have enough erina either
Dec 19, 2017 2:50 PM

Jan 2011
Well, IMO, this season was much better than the 2nd one, which I had to force myself not to sleep while watching. So I really liked the addition of an actual plot change in the plot in this season.

Regarding this episode: Erina's reaction at the end was a bit underwhelming, I was hoping she would get visibly mindblown, let's hope she's got some questions for Souma at S04E01
supreme master of the godtaste
Dec 19, 2017 2:53 PM

Jan 2011
Blackbird said:
Well it was likely plan to have 3rd season end before christmas and new year.
Autumn 2018 seem like a good date to spot it on, manga also need to catch up so we can get a fully season.

Ah it kind of remind me about this scene in manga, kind of lacking but still decent. :P

Season 4/3 Part 2 has been confirmed to Spring 2018, and probably will feature 12 episodes only.
supreme master of the godtaste
Dec 19, 2017 3:08 PM

Dec 2012
I was disappointed that Erina didn't have her reaction after she found out about Souma Father.
Manga version:
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Dec 19, 2017 3:09 PM

Nov 2014
The current students center around Soma, while the alumnis centered around Joichiro.

Must wait for 3 months to continue that a bit-liked cliffhanger
Dec 19, 2017 3:20 PM

Mar 2014
I loved this episode, the reveal was well done in my opinion. This episode itself i'd give 8/10 i think.
Overall, this season is easily the weakest one. I'll give it a 7. Season 1 and 2 both got an 8 from me, though 1 was better than 2, but heh, there's no decimals on MAL and i didn't wanna give S2 a 7, so it got a 8.

So yeah, 7/10 for this season. Season 4 should go back to 8 based on the manga.

Profile Picture and Avatar/Signature made by SenpieX, requested in this thread :https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1568530&show=0
Dec 19, 2017 3:36 PM

May 2015
Omg, that ending! Can't end it any better way than this, to make people even more hyped for the next cour.

Enjoyed this season as much as the previous ones.

8/10.

Dec 19, 2017 3:45 PM
May 2016
Heart broken.
When the end music started playing I got so sad. I thought "this kinda feels like a finale, wtf" and it was :'(
I thought this was a 24 episode season so the ending completely caught me off guard and really saddened me :(
Episode itself felt rushed but I understand why. Overall another great season :)
Dec 19, 2017 4:32 PM

Jan 2011
LOL ayyyyyyyyyy she found out finally ,i dunno when this season first started i felt like something was missing for a while and then it got more into the classic souma i've come to love but this arc has taken this show down a little not the biggest fan of it right now regardless i still liked this season just not nearly as much as 1 ,2

while i think the complaints about the quality of the show being shit are a little over blown ,i can agree it did look bad at times but still managed to look good most of the season most of the blame lies with J.C doing 3 shows this season and Kujira getting most of the love.

7.5/10 i'll be ready for spring this time.
Dec 19, 2017 4:42 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

Didn't expect Souma to beat Tsukasa anyway but he whipped up a great dish, he might have won the competition when it comes to creativity but couldn't match Tsukasa in pure taste.
It's nice that he recognizes the difference in skill between Tsukasa and him and aims to do better.

Looks like Megumi and Nikumi won their respective Shokugeki's to save their clubs. :)

So this is the infamous Soums Dad reveal, I find it interesting that Azami's current motives have some sort of connection to Souma's Dad.

Overall, another great Shokugeki season. I'll say the first part of the season was definitely the stronger especially the episode with everyone helping Souma beat Kuma. That was easily one of the best Shokugeki episodes of all time. The second half of the season was still good and I'm looking forward to more next Spring which is already looking lit.

9/10
Dec 19, 2017 5:15 PM
Oct 2011
Its been an exceptionally interesting season. In this last episode it was kinda expected that Tsukasa Eishi would win as the First Seat. Only question was how Soma was gonna get outta this pinch (which worked out well hilariously enough).

Was a bit disappointed they simply threw in Megumi and Nikumi's Shokugeki just like that. "Oh, we showed them in the OP didn't we? Let's throw them in there like a dash of garnish." >__> By the 11th episode I was already expecting there to be not enough time for it and maybe be just a sneak peek for the 2nd cour so I wish they'd done that instead.

But other than that it was an interesting end. Sorta a cliffhanger but not so much of a cliffhanger? Lol. Someone seriously needs to put a dent in NAKAMURA-san's (Nakiri's dad) face soon though, he's seriously creepy to the max.

Can't wait for the continuation next Spring! :D
Dec 19, 2017 5:19 PM

Jan 2016
The ending is more tense than the fight between Soma and Eishi lol

Finally Erina know the truth and I think it'll make a great development for the story in the future~

A really enjoyable show even though most part are pretty predictable imo~
Dec 19, 2017 5:19 PM

Dec 2013
Not surprised that Souma lost. I can definitely understand why Tsukasa wouldn’t want Souma to work with him lol

Dat ending! Erina finally learns the truth.

I’m looking forward to season 4.
Dec 19, 2017 5:29 PM

Jan 2017
Kudos to everyone who said that Erina and them will judge the battle 😂😂, so bait it was gonna happen.

For me, a whole season went waiting for them to reveal soumas father to Erina... And it has to be the episode they close on.

It was clear that souma was gonna lose.

I swear to god, anime in general creates characters driven by their personal sense of morals and justice (madara's struggles etc.); in this case, nakiri Azami to salvage the ruined saiba joichiro [really, ?]. Yh, I like nakiri Azami -whereas, in his initial introduction I thought he needs to go die 😅

2018 could not come sooner
Dec 19, 2017 5:36 PM

Mar 2016
Oof... I couldn’t decide who was gonna win last episode!
White Hair boi won ... I knew Souma wasn’t going to join central somehow!

Sorta sad that they didn’t show the other two matches more fleshed out :/
NOW I HAVE TO WAIT TILL THE SPRING SEASON FOR MORE EPISODE AHHHH

Damn Erina was SHOOOOOKKKK at the end
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2017 5:50 PM

Sep 2016
As expected, since the story now is so full of shit, it was finally okay for Yukihira to lose in that unofficial shokugeki. At least Erina was fair enough to say Eishi's dish was better. The other two bitches hesitated because Yukihira is their friend. If he won that match, I'd just forget the whole series.

The way he addressed Azami as Nakamura senpai was also terribly rude. I'd slap his f*ckface if I were Azami.

Megumi, Nikumi, and Shinpachi's shokugekis were skipped like they're NPCs. Great.

Season 3 sucks so hard that even Ousama Game seems more enjoyable.
TheSmilingShoujoDec 19, 2017 5:54 PM
<GENERIC SIGNATURE>
Dec 19, 2017 6:05 PM

Dec 2015
The reveal sucked, comparing to the manga.

It's rushed, didn't receive any proper reaction from characters, and just left people hanging halfway through.
Dec 19, 2017 6:25 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
I figured Soma would lose, I also figured Eishi would let him go. I still can't understand why he would join Azami's side, but maybe his mercy shows that he's not entirely onboard with him after all.

Finally got to see some Nikumi action despite it only being stills panning to the left. We need more of her.

Did not see that reveal coming. I knew it would eventually come, but I never thought I would see it animated. So glad the cat's out of the bag. Will Erina get even wetter for Soma? Can't wait to see her reaction next season.

This season was an absolute joy, a big step up from season 2. Lots of development for characters and the plot moved forward in a really big way. Also the battles were terrific. This definitely brought back the quality we got from the first season. Can't wait for part 2!

9/10
Dec 19, 2017 6:30 PM

Apr 2016
nice, Erina finally found out the truth about Soma being Saiba's son
it was a pretty nice season finale, and I'm glad Food Wars will be back early next year
Dec 19, 2017 6:32 PM
Sep 2016
I see people are STILL getting confused for that 'season 4' that will air in April 2018. If you guys would look up it up here on MAL it says season 4, that's wrong. The kanji in the key visual and video PV are still 'San No Sara'. Its the 2nd cour for the 3rd season. "San No Sara: Tootsuki Ressha- hen."
Dec 19, 2017 6:40 PM

Apr 2014
Well, I would say this ep. had a perfect cliffhanger. And I had feeling and hope we our much more Erina will finally find out that Souma is Saba son.
For me, this season was the weakest. Somehow I couldn't enjoyed it fully. The plots sometimes was cheap for me. Also the animation was - compared to previous seasons poor. The only thing that I really enjoyed in this season was Rindou-senpai. For me she is probably the best girl in shokugeki. And I would ship her with Souma,/end with Souma. But we already know that if Souma will end with some girl it will be Erina - because she is FMC. To be honest I don't like her very much.

In conclusion this season wasn’t really bad, but could be much more better. I am wondering between the scores of 6 or 7 - In time like that I really want MAL to have half scores. Oh well for that cliffhanger and Rindou I will give it:
7/10
Dec 19, 2017 6:51 PM
Jun 2013
The revelations and hints at the end had me going CRAZY! I loved it. Not a perfect season by any means (I preferred the second more, overall), but the first half with the festival was some of the best from Soma overall to me, and the content of the last two episodes was phenomenal. Finally, Soma's skills have been acknowledged by the top tier chefs and now Erina finally knows who his father is. There was an episode or two (the ryo shokugeki was boring and accomplished little to me), but I also got to more focus on the Elite ten and getting to see Soma go against 3 of them was exactly what I wanted. I want to know more about everyone's connection with Soma's dad and how this is all going to play out. Hopefully, Soma can take an Elite ten seat soon!
Dec 19, 2017 7:03 PM
Oct 2017
despite there were some changed the plotwise in some point but didn't damage the whole story,

this is simply lovely 10/10 for this episode and 9/10 point for entire first half of this season.

i have nothing more to say, hands down J.C Staff especially the Director-san.
GGWP
Dec 19, 2017 7:47 PM
Jun 2016
Okay, I was annoyed they skipped it, but it makes sense now to push it to the season finale, as thats a good way to do it.
Dec 19, 2017 7:52 PM
Jul 2018
The way they end this season makes anime-only viewer hyped even more.
Dec 19, 2017 8:16 PM

Jan 2014
SO THEY PUT THE REVEALING AS A CLIFFHANGER.
finally, the scene I've been looking for.

still, the delivering in manga are more superior.

can't wait for 2nd cour in april.
I think they're going to the rooftop scene or train scene as an ending for next season since key visual show Souma in the snow.
Dec 19, 2017 8:24 PM

Oct 2017
I'm so..... HAPPYYYY!!

Even though we all knew Erina was gonna learn this since the first season..... but still..... it was so fulfiling to see it finally happen!!

We can only have good tea
while we're alive.

Dec 19, 2017 8:47 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Woah did not expect the ending. I thought the ED song was more like a transitional to the 2nd half of the season since I expected 24 eps but next thing i know the show ended.

Tsukasa's dish was so vivid in color, Soma's looked good as well.
But that reveal at the end, if only they had spent a bit more on that tbh. Overall I liked this season so an 8/10.

Dec 19, 2017 9:08 PM
Sep 2015
Why did Soma believe he could beat the first seat with a dish that simplistic? I'm sure it was good, but he should have known it wasn't going to be enough.
Dec 19, 2017 9:28 PM

Dec 2011
What a way to end the season.
I was a bit mad when they omit it after Eizen fight but this timing work well with the anime though i wanted to see Erina being tormented by the revelation xD
Dec 19, 2017 10:01 PM

Jan 2015
Yup, I could say about this final episode... It's particularly pretty much the "same" way Souma battle, lose, and the cause against Shinomiya in the previous episode. But different things comes after that.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 19, 2017 10:33 PM

Oct 2014
Damn, the Soma x Erina is very strong.

I hope Hisako confess to Soma already, lol.

Great season as always.
Dec 19, 2017 10:58 PM

Jan 2013
And i thought that we would have 24 episodes straight, at least we will have to wait 5 months, which is not bad at all.
It was quite obvious that Souma would lose, but still, it was an entertaining battle xD

You simply can't end a season like this and tell us to wait until April...
So many revelations, but it was probably the best way to end the season.

Erina now knows that Jouichirou is the father of Souma, the face she made when she found out xD Will be interesting to see how she will change after knowing this information. Also a very interesting reaction from Erina's father.

Another great season and can't wait for the next one, because it promises a lot! For me, this is one of those animes that should just keep going until it ends xD Even though that this ending felt kinda unexpected and fast, i still enjoyed it.
9-10/10
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 19, 2017 11:46 PM

Oct 2011
If nothing else, at least the reveal was made great. I agree that this was the weakes Food Wars season

Dec 20, 2017 12:37 AM

May 2017
Well that was predictable, when Souma served his dish first its obvious he'll lose and it's really too early, if he'd beat him now that would be a plot armor

S1 > S3 > S2

9/10
Dec 20, 2017 12:48 AM
Oct 2015
Well on the bright side in about a few weeks time the next 12 episodes are gonna air :).
Heckle was here...
Dec 20, 2017 12:56 AM

Jun 2017
For those complaining about the omitted reaction from Erina, they might be reserving it for the next cour's episode 1, actually. It would lead in well to the third Egg-themed dish scene.

Overall, the season was a disappointing adaptation. The School Festival arc was adapted poorly because of pacing (too fast), just like the Autumn Election Finals arc. Soma vs Kuga was far more intense in the manga, and made Rindou's commentary about the "two sore losers" really memorable. Hayama and Alice's bickering about their stand was also much funnier, but I think the anime-watchers hardly remember it without mention.

The Central arc was definitely lame even in the manga, but I think they adapted the key Shokugekis fairly well, although I personally did not like Soma vs Eizan's match that much because of how they just skimmed through their cooking and focused on Soma's burns and Eizan's reaction to them instead.
CrossburnDec 20, 2017 1:10 AM
Dec 20, 2017 1:12 AM

Dec 2015
Yooooo what on earth was with that JoJo-style ending???!!

I honestly feel as if the decision to split the cour into 2 parts was rushed; this episode and the last was quite strangely paced.
~
Dec 20, 2017 2:15 AM
Jul 2015
YES! YES! YES! YES! Now they know! God dammit I'm so glad it finally happened. Good episode. Battle vs Tsukasa went pretty much how everyone expected it to. Wish they capitalized on the potential humor for Azami's creepy ass face in the door way. Azami obviously has a crush on his senpai. Can't wait til next cour!
Dec 20, 2017 2:23 AM

Jan 2016
The wait was so worth it!
Dec 20, 2017 2:28 AM

Feb 2016
that azami's face was still creepy even in anime
Dec 20, 2017 2:36 AM

Aug 2017
Great Episode.. ending was awesome.
Erina finally knows the truth. Never thought that azami admired yukihira's father.
I'm dying for second half.
Dec 20, 2017 2:58 AM
Apr 2016
Erina's heart goes doki doki
Dec 20, 2017 3:18 AM
Nov 2016
So they did change the sequence of events. Erina finally knows the truth now.

Personally, I thought this was a pretty weak season but I don't think it deserves a lower rating than the previous season.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2017

151 by Alaa1991 »»
Feb 25, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2017

147 by Alaa1991 »»
Feb 24, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2017

128 by dspr »»
Jul 16, 2023 7:32 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2017

118 by dspr »»
Jul 16, 2023 6:43 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2017

108 by dspr »»
Jul 15, 2023 10:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.