Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Girls' Last Tour
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 27, 2017 5:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Decent episode. We got the two girls exploring the city.
With some of the strange looking structures, it almost feels like they're being watched.

Really liked how they use darkness as a way to show the girls exploring the place in the unknown. Quite thrilling. Photos are worth a thousand words.
Chi believing herself as a God is priceless.
Stark700Oct 27, 2017 7:55 AM
Oct 27, 2017 5:54 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
An episode with a small message if you listen between lines. Quite interesting the plot concept of this episode.

Oct 27, 2017 7:35 AM

Dec 2016
I never cease to be amazed how this show sets out to do the same sort of show, don't tell approach to worldbuilding Made in Abyss did, but does a better job and doesn't rely on shock factor at all. This is my top show of the season so far and I cannot wait for more episodes.
I arrange video game sheet music for piano:
My arrangements
My (very few) anime arrangements
Oct 27, 2017 7:36 AM

Apr 2016
Nice episode.

That photo they take together, was kind of ... sad.

Also that number on that camera, was it a year ? there was 3000+ something. (the other number not that how many photos left).
Oct 27, 2017 7:36 AM

Feb 2017
To be honest the second half of the episode is pure bliss. Their description and interpretation of the concepts of Afterlife, Paradise and Gods is very surreal. To each other, the only Gods is the other person because they feel the most at ease around each other, that is pretty deep actually.

Also since they cannot recognise the sapling on top of the statue and then the fake plants, I think due to our lifestyle, we ran out of vegetation, which in turn killed all herbivores, which is why they do not know what chocolate and cheese is. Maybe that is why they kept building layer after layer of civilisation to get more respiratory gasses. Just a thought though.

All in all, I liked the episode.
MetalZ1Oct 27, 2017 7:40 AM

"All it took was an arm and a leg"
Oct 27, 2017 7:37 AM

Mar 2016
Those eyes in the pipes kinda freaked me out at the beginning. That was some serious stuff they planted, really heavy stuff in today's episode.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Oct 27, 2017 7:46 AM

Nov 2010
I'm fed up with the rations.
kuroneko99Oct 27, 2017 9:45 PM
Oct 27, 2017 7:49 AM

Dec 2014
Really nice episode.

I love the picture they took of themselves and the first half with the camera stuff was really fun to watch.

The second half of the episode was quite interesting and it was interesting to hear the girls thoughts or rather interpretations of what God, afterlife and paradise were. I honestly loved the entire scene where the room was lit and the soundtrack was fantastic.

I like how Chi-chan points how we make out these worlds like the afterlife to be bright places simply because we don't wanna think that there's nothing after death. Just a mechanism to make us feel at ease. I also liked the little comparison Yuu made regarding Chi-chan being God for her. The food offering part made me laugh though. xD
Oct 27, 2017 7:59 AM

Jun 2015
It was nice to see the girls learning how to use the camera and take pictures with it. They discovered some weird statues and a temple with a lot more. They also had an interesting conversation about God, the afterlife, and paradise.
Oct 27, 2017 8:02 AM

Dec 2015
Great episode. Looks like the statues are pointing somewhere.
Oct 27, 2017 8:31 AM

Dec 2014
So the year this is set in is 3230 of their world, that is if the camera isn't messed up.

While the cheese set up was funny, with the rations and the camera, Japanese can't really use the "cheese" method for photos, since their way of spelling the word is different "cheezu", Chi's mouth was duck shaped lol.

They had some weird religion back then, with all those weird faces and triagles. The written words and images looked something more akin to math than religion. Maybe their version of Illuminati?

Hail god Chi-chan-sama!
Oct 27, 2017 8:57 AM
Mar 2012
Swagernator said:
Also that number on that camera, was it a year ? there was 3000+ something. (the other number not that how many photos left).

Yes, I don't think it was visible in the episode, but in the manga when Chi reads the inscription in the temple and says that it is around 400 years old, the number 2800-something can be seen in the text.
Oct 27, 2017 9:06 AM
Nov 2016
I think this was the best episode yet because it handled subjects like, exploring the unknown, the importance of memories(aka photos) and what religion is.

I like how the show handles these complex themes with the help of two innocent kids in the shape of Chii and Yuu

There were some funny moments too.
Oct 27, 2017 9:08 AM

Jan 2015
Seriously, those creepy statues. I wouldn't surprised IF one of them has some hidden camera or something like radio-wave transmitter device. Even after the girls see the "goddess" version of it at the Temple. xD
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Oct 27, 2017 9:34 AM
Jul 2018
Yuuri is quite a philosopher for someone who can't write and read. Felt for her a bit when she was in the dark.

The chiizu part was the best part lol
Oct 27, 2017 11:11 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Another great episode. We got Chito and Yuuri traveling ever so closer to that big light they see when it's nighttime. Those statues as they went along their way were pretty odd looking. It felt pretty nice that they wanted to take pictures along they way, especially one that included themselves.

The ending was pretty funny how they talked back and forth about them being gods and asking one another to feed them food. Excited for the next episode.
Oct 27, 2017 11:17 AM

Aug 2016
This one was pretty good, especially that last scene. :D All hail Chii-chan.
But I'm a bit disappointed, cause this is fourth episode already and still no trace of plot. I wonder if it's gonna be some kind of an episodic anime like Mushishi or Kino no Tabi.
Oct 27, 2017 11:21 AM

Aug 2015
If by some miracle the human race still exists in the year 2830 (3230-400 going off the camera and glyphs), we'll be worshiping giant dildos with faces.
Oct 27, 2017 11:25 AM

Jul 2014
Pretty decent episode, although surely the camera will run out way before they use up those 52,000 photos they have left, cos I find it hard to believe there are many camera batteries just lying around in the ruins of the world. The temple bit was also pretty interesting as a look back on what the past was like, but it was also very bizarre.
Oct 27, 2017 11:27 AM

Sep 2013
Nice camera, going the the light building which is a temple for the statues, they find nothing.
Oct 27, 2017 11:41 AM

Feb 2014
Chito sums up back-seat drivers in a nutshell. Get distracted by them too much and you'll end up having an accident. At least their hard hats saved them from hellish pain from the falling stone statue though. =P

Their use of the camera was interesting. Having over 52,000 photos left to take, it makes more sense for the battery to run out first. It's also hinted in the camera and glyphs that the year is around the 2800's or 3200's, so its obvious that the battery is ultra advanced compared to the ones we have now in 2017.

The second half of the episode was stronger, as the two girls reach the temple, which after a while, lit up to showcase how nice it looks inside. I found it funny when the two of them imagined themselves as gods, especially Chito right after the credits. =)

All in all, I'm liking the episodic style that the show has taken so far. I wonder what the girls will encounter next time...
Oct 27, 2017 11:43 AM
Feb 2014
They keep circling around the afterlife topic, quite fitting to this anime's setting. There's no main plot but I find it oddly interesting. I can't wait for Friday for this one and Kino no Tabi. (Although gotta admit Saturday is even better.)

Anathor said:

While the cheese set up was funny, with the rations and the camera, Japanese can't really use the "cheese" method for photos, since their way of spelling the word is different "cheezu", Chi's mouth was duck shaped lol.

I thought it was meant as a joke that she'd do duckface when she said cheese. Girls doing duckface even at year 3000+ kinda way.

Oct 27, 2017 11:48 AM

Sep 2017
Some interesting philosophy by Yuu. All hail goddess Chi!

Now for real, this was quite a nice episode, even if it's first half seems kinda weak compared to the absolute surreal wonder of the temple. People don't like darkness, so they thought of a shining afterlife to confront it. The fact that even after seeing that light Yuu said that she was better in darkness after she found Chi brought some feels and thoughts.

Maybe instead of worrying about the afterlife and trascending physical demise, enjoy the time you have left with those you love. I feel that was the philosophy of this chapter, and the part were they take feels like a simbol of that worry about decay and death. Especially after Yuu's comments about the pictures and how they will remain after the city collapses, causing Chi to want to take a picture with her.

But in the end, this turned out to be a pretty hopeful chapter. I can't wait for the next.
Oct 27, 2017 11:58 AM

Nov 2016
Quite the interesting episode which gave also of a very melancholic vibe.

Had to lol @ the last part.

Yuu: Maybe I'm a god.
Chii: Definitely not.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 27, 2017 12:05 PM

Jan 2014
If you look at the camera date, you can see that the date is either 7th August or 8th July depending on how which system they use (most likely 8th of July because only Americans use the weird date system). Does that mean that whole blizzard shit in earlier episodes were set in Spring/Summer or was there some large time skip? Does this mean it is still going to get colder? rip
Oct 27, 2017 12:24 PM

Aug 2013
Good episode.

The god statue looked a lot like Chi.

Oct 27, 2017 12:38 PM

Jul 2016
Best episode so far. Show was cute before but now it really has my attention.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2017 12:49 PM

Oct 2014
The girls learned about the death, the afterlife, and god in this episode. Its surprising that they had never experienced religion before now, churches/temples and religious texts must be incredibly rare in this post-apocalyptic world...

Oct 27, 2017 2:37 PM

Oct 2017
Swagernator said:
Nice episode.

That photo they take together, was kind of ... sad.

The format is Year-Month-Day-Hour-Minute. I’ve never seen a camera that shows the date like that on the viewfinder. I think it was just a way for them to show the year.

Meta_Yoshi said:
Their use of the camera was interesting. Having over 52,000 photos left to take, it makes more sense for the battery to run out first. It's also hinted in the camera and glyphs that the year is around the 2800's or 3200's, so its obvious that the battery is ultra advanced compared to the ones we have now in 2017.

Yeah, but that’s an anachronism. How does a battery from the future get into a camera with 2005 technology? It has to run out. Unless its some kinda hybrid tech combined by the survivors. If that’s the case though, why wasn’t their vehicle combined with similar tech? Or the guys bike.

On the subject of technology, wheres the electric vehicles in this new layer of civilization? or whatever they used for transit.
Oct 27, 2017 3:08 PM

Apr 2017
Love the episode. It was all about the camera and the god thing. I really like the atmosphere of this show, it feels relaxing.
Oct 27, 2017 3:22 PM

Dec 2016
Yeah I would probably take quite a few pictures myself.

I wonder what those structures were, same kind of faces anyway.

It was nice to see Chi have fun at Yuu's expense for once, pretty cool place once it completely lit up.

Everyone bow down and worship God Chi.
Oct 27, 2017 3:32 PM

May 2016
Another good episode this week. Being a (hobbyist) photographer I was able to relate to Chi and Yuu's experience with the camera. Seeing the girls learn about religion was a nice touch. Nice settings as per usual, I liked the creepy overbearing statues all over the city. The temple with the shining light was beautiful!

All hail Chi god!
Bondrewd did nothing wrong.
Oct 27, 2017 3:39 PM

Aug 2015
this might be my favourite show of the season. this episode was great
Oct 27, 2017 3:42 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The discussion about gods and the afterlife was fascinating.

Yuu seeing Chi as her god after she gets to know that a god is being worshipped and that it shall make you feel at ease. The afterlife being possibly dark and an effort to make it bright and a good place is a nice deed of those who made this temple.

These two are adorable together, they can't live without each other by now, we can say that 100 percent after this episode.
Oct 27, 2017 3:47 PM
Dec 2015
Vongalaxy said:
If you look at the camera date, you can see that the date is either 7th August or 8th July depending on how which system they use (most likely 8th of July because only Americans use the weird date system).

The date is actually August 7th. You can actually see the numbers 3230.08.06.13.09 at the beginning of the episode. The after credits scene says 3230.08.07.20.16. Which makes sense since it probably took the girls a full day to reach the temple.

Vongalaxy said:
Does that mean that whole blizzard shit in earlier episodes were set in Spring/Summer or was there some large time skip? Does this mean it is still going to get colder? rip

Probably not. I just assumed the world is just cold all year-round as a cause of wars.
Oct 27, 2017 4:04 PM

Feb 2014
Username23489023 said:
Meta_Yoshi said:

Yeah, but that’s an anachronism. How does a battery from the future get into a camera with 2005 technology? It has to run out. Unless its some kinda hybrid tech combined by the survivors. If that’s the case though, why wasn’t their vehicle combined with similar tech? Or the guys bike.

On the subject of technology, wheres the electric vehicles in this new layer of civilization? or whatever they used for transit.

One thing I'm unsure about is what is when the downfall to the human society started to take place in their world. I think whatever technology they had at that time probably would've been virtually wiped out in the war. Apart from the camera's battery, which a hybrid-style battery sounds convincing, they still have fuel that is compatible with the 1940's Kettenkrad that the girls use to travel around in.

Apart from that, there's a lot of question that have few answers to right now. Hopefully they'll be answered soon enough. =)
Oct 27, 2017 4:24 PM

Oct 2017
I’m pretty certain now the number format was a fuck up. They were probably imitating the fatherland with dots, but didn’t know which order to put the numbers, so they went ISO standard with the numbers. Should have been either 07.08.3230 20:16 or 3230-08-07-20:16, but we got this hybrid timestamp.
Oct 27, 2017 4:34 PM

May 2015
Seriously, Yuuri and Chito's interaction is just a joy to watch.

Great episode.

Oct 27, 2017 6:28 PM

Jul 2013
do we know how old these girls are? it's a question that's bothered me for a while so i might as well just ask. wondering if we get that info from the manga or somethin'.

also i am just so fucking in love with this show. i've given a few iyashikei(sp?) shows a try in the past but they always inevitably bore me to death. this one is great though. almost want to call it a mystery thriller or something. the intrigue just keeps building! even if we don't get an answer from the anime, i intend to pick up the manga so hopefully we get one at some point there. ^^
Oct 27, 2017 6:45 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Chii-chan is a goddess, haha! Her upset eyes look just like the eyes from those weird statues, lol. They sure are enjoying taking lots of photos with their camera.

The stuff at the second part where they're in the temple had some really intriguing philosophical dialogue, especially coming from Yuu. Chii-chan trolled Yuu when she remained silent while Yuu couldn't find her and was speaking about the afterlife. :P

Still loving this show. My favorite anime from this season. :D
Oct 27, 2017 7:01 PM

Sep 2017
This show continues to blow me away. Every episode they're able to cover such deep, philosophical topics, but done through the perspective of young girls who don't have a lot of knowledge about the world they live in.

The world builds itself, and it's like you're learning about it alongside the girls. Excellent.
Oct 27, 2017 8:09 PM

Jul 2016
Such an interesting episode with lots of thoughts about afterlife. Personally, I really enjoy every moment Chi and Yuu start talking about philosophical topics in such a relaxing way. Plus, I think the OST really helps to set up the atmosphere for some of these dialogues.
Oct 27, 2017 9:28 PM

Jun 2016
Another great episode. Ugh. So freaking in love with this anime. I hope it stays this way. :)

Those stone statues looks so funny with them eyes and it looks like them two. Haha. I wonder what those stone statues are. Glad they able to use the camera and take pictures. Pretty good for beginners already. Hehe. Their faces when they hit that stone statue then it hits them back. Hahahahaha!

Hahaha. So cute.

It'll take time before they figure out the selfie. Haha. Chi sure is smart that she finally figured what the cheese is about. Hehe. CHIIIIIIZ not CHIIIZO, baby. Hahaha jk.

The second half literally scared me when their lights went out. Jesus. I thought someone attacked Chi the reason why she's not responding to Yuuri's calls. You can't trust anime with this type of animation anymore, maaan, after Mahou Shoujo and of course Made In Abyss. Jesus. Don't mess with my feelings, show. I've had enough. ;-;

I hope Kanazawa-san is A-OK. I hope nobody harmed him. He's too kind to get hurt. Jeez.

Freaking loved this episode. 5/5. <3

P.S. I need that OP and ED on my phone now. Waaaah.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 27, 2017 9:37 PM

Jun 2013

Since I don't read the manga, I can only guess. They could be anywhere between 13 and 17, but they're most likely high school aged. I can only base this on their behavior, not their designs, which only tell us that they're at least teenagers.

The one-shot Final Tour by the author of the original manga, Tsukumizu, depicts the two of them as college students at one point, and they're noticeably taller there.
Based on that, they should be younger than college age right now.

I don't expect that we'll ever get concrete answers to the mysteries, not even in the manga, because I don't think that's what the point of this series is. I think the maxim of "the journey is more important than the destination" applies in this case. Even if we do get answers, they'll probably be at least a bit goofy, and the point will be some sort of a philosophical question - just like in this episode.
LeeTailorOct 27, 2017 9:42 PM
Oct 27, 2017 10:15 PM

Jun 2016
Amazing episode! The fact that Chito said humans made a bright representation of afterlife just to feel at ease kinda made me connect that to the fact that even today most humans believe in 'god' to have at least something to believe in and feel at ease as well, that's deep..
Oct 27, 2017 10:24 PM

Aug 2013
I'm usually a fan of calm, slice of life shows like this, but honestly I've found it to be a bit boring so far, other than last weeks episode when they actually ran into a person.

I'm a bit on the fence, because I find the world building, and the whole ambiguity of it pretty neat. Like you don't know anything about this civilization, how far into the future it is, since the land masses are metal platforms stacked on each other. You don't know what the culture was like in these places, why the wars between nations started. What the world was like where Chi and Yuu don't know a lot of what we would consider common things: chocolate, cheese, gods, temples, books, reading and writing etc. So much terminology is either completely unknown to them or they only have a vague idea of what it might be.

All of that is kind of neat because you're trying to piece together the imagery in your head as they kind of give you tiny slivers and tidbits about the state of everything. Plus the character interactions are obviously the forefront of the show.

On the other hand, it gets kind of boring, because there's literally nothing going on. Nothing, the world is so post apocalyptic that nothing they do is really exciting. It's just them driving, eating rations, and looking at shit while talking to each other. Originally I had expected the show to be darker since people were talking about how insanely good the manga was and how this was for sure the dark horse of the season...but I mean I just don't see it. Not that it's a bad show by any means, but its just so lacking because of the state of the world being dead that it loses a touch of enjoyment.

I'm still expecting a dark ending though if they decide to conclude the story. Just doesn't seem like the type of series where getting to the top deck of a post a ruined world is going to magically have a happy outcome.
Oct 27, 2017 11:24 PM
Jun 2017
Jonesy974 said:
I'm usually a fan of calm, slice of life shows like this, but honestly I've found it to be a bit boring

All of that is kind of neat because you're trying to piece together the imagery in your head as they kind of give you tiny slivers and tidbits about the state of everything. Plus the character interactions are obviously the forefront of the show.

I'm still expecting a dark ending though if they decide to conclude the story. Just doesn't seem like the type of series where getting to the top deck of a post a ruined world is going to magically have a happy outcome.

I've edited your comment a bit,you've answered your pondering about some sort of twist.
There is NO dark twist,Girls' Last Tour is indeed a "boring" "calm slice of life show".

Girls' Last Tour is very much part of the iyashikei genre

Edit: If it makes you feel better,given the pace of the anime,the girls will run into some other characters.not going to bother with spoilers,you really can not spoil Girls' Last Tour.

NordhammerOct 27, 2017 11:36 PM
Oct 27, 2017 11:32 PM
Jun 2017

LeeTailor said:

I don't expect that we'll ever get concrete answers to the mysteries, not even in the manga, because I don't think that's what the point of this series is. I think the maxim of "the journey is more important than the destination" applies in this case. Even if we do get answers, they'll probably be at least a bit goofy, and the point will be some sort of a philosophical question - just like in this episode.

Nicely said,bears quoting.

Oct 27, 2017 11:43 PM
Jul 2018
this episode was deeper than expected. that's what keeps me awake at night. I don't believe in the afterlife and that makes me fear death so much more. when you die it's all over. that is most likely why religions were created. people are terrified of death.
Oct 28, 2017 12:13 AM

May 2015
A picture is worth a thousand words. That's why it can hold that much. :)

Using the atmosphere, setting, and visuals with minimal dialogue to describe what a "God" and the "Afterlife" is. Direct and simple, yet complex and meaningful. The author knows how to send a message.

Cheese is probably synonymous to dank weed, because I swear these girls get high off of eating them.
TarotistNov 14, 2017 6:45 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2017

124 by ReganDesu »»
Apr 24, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2017

92 by ReganDesu »»
Apr 24, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2017

124 by ReganDesu »»
Apr 22, 6:22 AM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2017

142 by ReganDesu »»
Apr 12, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2017

158 by ReganDesu »»
Apr 9, 8:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.