Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 7, 2017 8:22 AM
Jun 2017
Holy, what an amazing chapter! Can't wait for next weeks. Also i fkn knew that he would eat Kou, called it!
Oct 7, 2017 8:58 AM
Sep 2015
all those frustrations from last week's chapter are gone. Damnnn Ishida just how amazing are you??!!!
Well I guess..that's why it's GAME OVER cause you can still restart playing the game again...
Oct 7, 2017 9:02 AM

May 2015
Ishida managed to salvage last chapter barely, but I honestly wasn't feeling it... I will say that I'm glad Kaneki took Kou's fucking head off! 3/5

Oct 7, 2017 9:08 AM

Jul 2014
whoa..that's so unexpected
Oct 7, 2017 9:43 AM

Dec 2013
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Furuta's plans. His humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of literary analysis most of his motives will go over a typical reader's head. There's also Furuta's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Nietzsche for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of the suspect, to realize that he's not just funny- he is saying something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Furuta truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Furuta's existencial catchphrase "SUPER PEACE," which itself is a cryptic reference to V and the twisted birdcage which he will bring down. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Furuta Kichimura Washuu's (that's right) genius unfolds itself on their computer and phone screens as the panels load. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a LET'S SOLVE THIS PEACEFULLY and NIMUDASH tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Oct 7, 2017 9:50 AM

Jul 2013
Confirmed. Furuta = Aizen. Everything was a part of his plan.
Oct 7, 2017 9:55 AM

Mar 2017
this is to be expected when we found out ghoul cannibalism was the only way ken could regenerate without lowering his lifespan, now he ate like 100 ghouls, the man is ready to tango

come, you sweet hour of death
Oct 7, 2017 10:01 AM
Mar 2017
Looks like we got trolled in 143. Now we have a huge twist that the oggai squad was planned to be food for kaneki. It's like furuta's plan is to turn the one eye king into this 'dragon' from the very beginning.

Glad to know it's not a silly cliffhanger ending that we predicted last chapter. This chapter is actually good with all the inner conflict from season 1 again.
Oct 7, 2017 10:03 AM

Mar 2017
Capulett said:
all those frustrations from last week's chapter are gone. Damnnn Ishida just how amazing are you??!!!
Well I guess..that's why it's GAME OVER cause you can still restart playing the game again...

the game is over, ken kaneki is gone. I don't know who this dragon is, but he ain't ken. That frame when he decides to cannibalize to survive he looks more like eto than ken. We see a much more desolate and ruthless character, he isn't ken, he's something far more sinister.

come, you sweet hour of death
Oct 7, 2017 10:04 AM
Jan 2017
Lo and behold, the madman trolled us again, hard.
Oct 7, 2017 10:14 AM

Sep 2014
LMAAAAAAAAOOOO. Pathetic snowflakes got exposed last week by the master troll himself xDDD
Oct 7, 2017 10:28 AM

Apr 2012
No Sasako? I'm disappointed.
Affinity to MAL
Anime: 47.35%
Manga: 46.36%
Oct 7, 2017 10:44 AM

Jul 2015
I feel now CCG and Goat(Ghouls mainly) will join hand to defeat Kaneki.

Oct 7, 2017 10:54 AM
Nov 2013
I fully admit I was wrong. But you all know it was ishidas goal to piss people off last chapter, and resolve it with this chapter. Guess he wanted the controversy to increase interest and then deliver with this chapter. Smart man.
Oct 7, 2017 12:03 PM

Dec 2013

Why did I ever doubt Ishida-sama? Sasuga.
FragOutFire said:

Oct 7, 2017 12:10 PM

May 2015
Going to miss 'nugget' kaneki.
Oct 7, 2017 12:25 PM

Mar 2017
Thought chapter 143 was the last chapter of Re. Glad that wasn't the case.

Kind of want Ken to stay insane lol
LunarPisces1Oct 7, 2017 12:39 PM
Oct 7, 2017 12:28 PM
Jun 2017
The tournament-style set up between Kaneki and Juzo at the beginning was quite funny and I always enjoy the dips into Kaneki's psychology. Then the chapter took quite a turn. Honestly, I was ready for either an epilogue chapter, or a chapter following some of the other characters (Touka, Yomo, etc) dealing with the fallout of Kaneki's defeat., setting up for Part 3. However, nugget Kaneki somehow managed to kill and devour all the Oggai and turn into a turn into one of the (as I call them, since I'm not sure if they have an official name) "Mecha-Kakujas", kill Furuta (maybe?) and escape to the surface...

Like WTF.

Personally, I always found the idea of the "Mecha-Kakujas" (One-eyed Owl, Dodgy Mother, etc) pretty dumb, so it disappoints me to see Kaneki become one. It also seems like he is going to go on some sort of berserk rampage, apparently according to Furuta's plan. I assume this is to unite Ghouls and humans against a common enemy. Seems Ishida has read Watchmen.

I don't like where this series is going now. I originally got into it for the intrigue of the deep characters living out secret lives while dealing with their psychological issues and all the little moments of joy, despair, friendship, suffering, warmth and, above all, tragedy, that came with it. Just let me wallow in all the tragedy and drama; I'm not here for Kaiju.
Oct 7, 2017 1:08 PM

Oct 2013
WOW

JUST

WOOOOOOOOW
Oct 7, 2017 2:03 PM

Mar 2014
Not sure what happened at the end but at least Kaneki is not dead otherwise this series would have screaming WTF !!!
Oct 7, 2017 2:10 PM

Aug 2014
Doesn't get much stupider than this. Next week we see the fleshy-Gundam final boss. Yay..? Also love how apparently a girl he's been with for a little while is his reason for... pretty much doing everything. This is probably the author making fun of teens that think sex is the world, though, so that could be clever.

Still believe there is time to make it at least an okay ending. Fingers crossed.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Oct 7, 2017 2:18 PM

Aug 2010
This makes up for the last chapter for the most part. Loved the inner Kaneki monologues. One of my favorite aspects of his characters is all the multiple personas.

Looks like "Dragon" is born.
Ragna92Oct 7, 2017 2:23 PM
Oct 7, 2017 2:29 PM
Apr 2015
I would like to reply all of the Quote here But i need to say this first...

The manga is OVER.
Oct 7, 2017 2:31 PM

Dec 2013
Maledict said:
Doesn't get much stupider than this. Next week we see the fleshy-Gundam final boss. Yay..? Also love how apparently a girl he's been with for a little while is his reason for... pretty much doing everything. This is probably the author making fun of teens that think sex is the world, though, so that could be clever.

Still believe there is time to make it at least an okay ending. Fingers crossed.
I didn't particularly like this chapter (1/5) but it sure was an improvement from last week's - not that that is much of an achievement by itself.

The kekaku doori part of the chapter was still cancer, but getting a peak inside Kaneki's mind was good.
This panel in particular.

After the regression in his character development, Kaneki finally decided to discard the pacifist act. It only took the entirety of :Re, but we must count our blessings.
FragOutFire said:

Oct 7, 2017 2:42 PM
Apr 2015
arjupg said:
loli_a_ravioli said:
O

MY

MULTIPLE

KANEKIS
ya! i was thinking.. whta did that meant?
That mean is more kaneki to be Fucked
Oct 7, 2017 3:29 PM

May 2015
Maledict said:
Also love how apparently a girl he's been with for a little while is his reason for... pretty much doing everything. This is probably the author making fun of teens that think sex is the world, though, so that could be clever.

To be fair, Kaneki/Touka did interact with each other on an highly emotional level in part 1 despite the short time they spent with one another. Not crazy about Touka or anything, but Kaneki simply wants to keep his place of belonging intact. That being his primary motivation while in a heavely disoriented state seems fine to me....

Oct 7, 2017 3:52 PM

Jun 2016
Wow this chapter redemming Nearly all trash chapter Ishida have given us. Now this is one of the best chapter I have read. Great Finally Ishida prove me wrong. Now Ken Kaneki will become the monster far worse than anyone. But this is part of Furuta plan,to make everyone unite under banner to stop one common enemy to bring peace.

Oct 7, 2017 4:52 PM
Jul 2018
Soooo furuta whole plan banked on the thought that Kaneki would regain himself back up in that moment.... what if he didnt?
Oh silly me i guess i am just suppose to belive that despite having close to almost no interations with one another, that Kaneki is in """"love"""" with Touka and that Furuta is now tg equivalent to Aizen. Such brilliant writting indeed.
Oct 7, 2017 5:50 PM

Aug 2013
So this is the culmination of all Kaneki's character development throughout the entire series : being such a huge toukafag he wants to murder everyone.
Oct 7, 2017 5:56 PM
Jul 2010
Man, this chapter has reminded me how convoluted Kaneki's character transformation has been. Hopefully, this will be the last one before he returns to "normal" (if he returns to normal), but, then again, I've been thinking that ever since he regained his memories....
Oct 7, 2017 6:00 PM

Jun 2016
SeidouTZ said:
Soooo furuta whole plan banked on the thought that Kaneki would regain himself back up in that moment.... what if he didnt?
Oh silly me i guess i am just suppose to belive that despite having close to almost no interations with one another, that Kaneki is in """"love"""" with Touka and that Furuta is now tg equivalent to Aizen. Such brilliant writting indeed.

Ishida Sui was just trying too hard I guess lol but let's give the man some credit. Furuta's motivation was hinted all over Chapter 101 so at least it wasn't an asspull.
The obsessive Touka love though XD Ishida Sui needs work cause he was trying too hard on making Touka x Ken work with all those late interactions between Ken and her.
Gift by Mimurona

Oct 7, 2017 6:12 PM

Oct 2013
Izuru_Kamukura10 said:
SeidouTZ said:

Ishida Sui was just trying too hard I guess lol but let's give the man some credit. Furuta's motivation was hinted all over Chapter 101 so at least it wasn't an asspull.
The obsessive Touka love though XD Ishida Sui needs work cause he was trying too hard on making Touka x Ken work with all those late interactions between Ken and her.

You guys talk as if they only got to know each other a month prior to the events
Oct 7, 2017 6:17 PM

Nov 2011
We need a series with bunch of Kaneki just chilling together.

After losing Hide, Touka is the closest person Kaneki have, its only natural that he would do anything to protect her. If you think this is forced, you are moron.
Kaiser-chanOct 7, 2017 6:20 PM

Oct 7, 2017 6:18 PM

Jun 2016
gabrieuTG said:
Izuru_Kamukura10 said:

You guys talk as if they only got to know each other a month prior to the events

Its not a matter of how many months was my concern, rather its the amount of interactions they had prior to being in 'love'
Gift by Mimurona

Oct 7, 2017 6:24 PM

Oct 2013
Izuru_Kamukura10 said:
gabrieuTG said:

Its not a matter of how many months was my concern, rather its the amount of interactions they had prior to being in 'love'

For me, it was clearly obvious since Haise phase that he at least liked her. They just had the opportunity to interact properly again when he joined :re. I don't want to seem to be a blind fan but I think that's it's quite understandable they being in love. I mean, the guy has a child in her womb. And Ken can be kind IkariShinji-ish about relationships sometimes.
Oct 7, 2017 6:38 PM

Jun 2016
gabrieuTG said:
Izuru_Kamukura10 said:

For me, it was clearly obvious since Haise phase that he at least liked her. They just had the opportunity to interact properly again when he joined :re. I don't want to seem to be a blind fan but I think that's it's quite understandable they being in love. I mean, the guy has a child in her womb. And Ken can be kind IkariShinji-ish about relationships sometimes.

Well fair enough but I suppose for me I would've preferred more interactions leading up to it but then again who am I to say? I am barely into touchy feely stuff to start with or obsessive love XD Its just a preference thing I suppose
Gift by Mimurona

Oct 7, 2017 7:28 PM
Jul 2014
Can someone tell me what I just read?
Oct 7, 2017 7:57 PM

Dec 2011
This week in Washington Post:
“God Emperor plays 4D chess while the other candidates and the media play Tic Tac Toe in the sand.”
Oct 7, 2017 8:29 PM

Oct 2014
what the fUCK just happened: part 2

Oct 7, 2017 9:16 PM

Apr 2016
Kaneki used bite!
It was super effective!
Oggai fainted!
Hi,please be patient,thank you.
Oct 7, 2017 9:57 PM
Jul 2018
kaneki turning to a dragon is the last thing i could ever think of, this manga surprised me every time i read it
Oct 7, 2017 11:36 PM

Jun 2012
"Welcome to my madness"... Kaneki strikes again!!
Oct 8, 2017 12:08 AM
May 2017
I hope this gets animated.
Oct 8, 2017 1:29 AM

Apr 2014
I don't get the Aizen comparison with Furuta. His whole plan banked on Kaneki going nuts and eating the Oggais which is not really hard to pull off because we've seen Kaneki doing things like these when he's absolutely backed to the corner.
Z4KOct 8, 2017 1:33 AM
Oct 8, 2017 2:13 AM

Feb 2016
fullmetal-ghoul said:
For anyone that's confused, Kaneki ate the Oggai who contain high concentrations of RC cells, and as a result is going insane and forming a massive kakuja, becoming the Dragon Furuta talked about, completing his plan to create a common enemy for ghouls and humans. Which is pretty creepy if you think about it, Furuta has essentially planned Kaneki's life from start to where he is right now. But at least he's still alive.

But anyway, this chapter was brilliant. My favourite chapters are always about Kaneki's inner monologues, taking a look into his psychology and this chapter executed that aspect perfectly, as well as showing how much he's changed over the course of the series. It was also pretty funny, and I love how it essentially responds to the reactions made by people in last weeks chapter. The stuff after that was crazy, but intentionally so, I can't wait to see what happens. I'm thinking Touka or Hide are gonna have to bring Kaneki back to normal.

Edit: I can already see the people complaining this is an asspull, it was foreshadowed brilliantly, and for quite a while now, so I think it's fine.
http://readms.net/r/tokyo_ghoulre/101/3797/5

Man how could I forgot this foreshadowing !!!

I love Tokyo ghoul...there's no doubt about it
Oct 8, 2017 2:15 AM

Aug 2015
Whaaat? How utterly unexpected! I am totally shocked! I really did not see that coming! Wow!

(lol)
Oct 8, 2017 2:18 AM

Feb 2016
PriestSlayer said:

Why did I ever doubt Ishida-sama? Sasuga.

I swear I was about to share this pic

This is aizen from bleach right...

Everything was just according to my plan...
Oct 8, 2017 2:20 AM

Aug 2014
PriestSlayer said:
The kekaku doori part of the chapter was still cancer, but getting a peak inside Kaneki's mind was good.

Oh yeah, coincidentally I forgot to mention that I liked the first part of the chapter. Both interesting to read and good. After that, though...
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Oct 8, 2017 2:47 AM

May 2013
that's so unexpected but nais.
made by bunnyama
Oct 8, 2017 2:48 AM

Nov 2014
Quick mention, now I LOVE Furuta, I feel stupid for not knowing he would be able to pull off this plan of his considering he's been part of, or has had connections to almost all major group/organizations/characters

- Clowns
- CCG
- Dr.Kanou
- V/Washuu
- Aogiri(via Nico infiltrating the Organization)

Honestly dunno which part of this chapter was my favourite, Kaneki or Furuta's plan XD
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.