Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 27, 2017 10:31 AM

Jan 2011
Sinbad allways was the best character, I hope that after finishing "Sinbad no bouken", The author continues the story with a sequel focused on Sinbad.

The last arc was a mehh. who would say that Alibaba's return would ruin the plot. However Aladin was the worst character.
cronosteso23Oct 27, 2017 1:26 PM
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Nov 4, 2017 3:56 AM

May 2014
Forever in my heart as my favorite shonen.
Loved this during it's whole run, and it was too sad to see it turn for the worse in it's later arcs.. I really wished it was a longer series.. So many interesting and lovable chatacters..

Along with Akame ga kill, these two mangas had my favorite character designs of all time, the mangakas really knew how to draw their characters and make them different and lovable.

10/10, was never gonna give it any less even if it disappointed me. That's how much I love this series.

Will definately be getting the later volumes.
And crossing my fingers for an anime adaption.

Nov 5, 2017 1:01 PM
Jan 2016
i kinda want more i kinda don't
the ending was rushed but at least its an ending

glad that most of the characters didn't die but i feel like sinbad's death was just a fast and lazy solution to end the whole mess
and i would've liked to see more about their life afterwards

it was a long and nice ride, 9/10 recommend
Nov 14, 2017 2:21 AM

Jun 2014
That was a really rushed and unsatisfying ending. Pretty disappointing, overall still a decent manga. I prefer the sinbad one anyways, hopefully they dont do the same with that
Nov 14, 2017 6:45 AM

Jan 2017
I feel like this manga could have ended on a better note. Still, it was a great series. Gonna miss Mor and Aladdin (I'm not too fond of Alibaba).
Nov 15, 2017 9:41 AM
Jun 2016
last arc was pretty rushed. i was expecting an epic fight between sinbad and alibaba/kouen/aladin. when the story turned from fantasy to scifi to commercial manga,magi lost shine. i liked how sin was made out to be a villain but with david and all the talk about returning the rukh was so boring. atleast shinobu should have chosen an ending with alibaba's plan. the story had so much potential. characters like kouen should have gotten more screen time and morgiana needed development. still i kinda miss reading it.
akirakishitaniNov 16, 2017 5:00 AM
Nov 15, 2017 4:18 PM

Jun 2012
Shinobu should have ended it with Alibaba's plan succeeding at making contact with the other vertical dimensions instead of introducing David again to be the final boss. I was really hoping we could resolve all of the world's issues with just talking things out because that's where the series seemed to be leaning towards. I really wanted to see eveyone's philosophies clashing with each other and seeing how they could all find a compromise and even seeing how the gods viewed them. But all we got was David being stubborn and the only way to deal with him was through silencing him since he didn't want to talk or even try to understand everyone because he never wanted to in the first place. David had a god complex so talking with him would probably yield little results but I mean everyone is capable of evolving. Sinbad was the one and only man he respected instead of fighting with him it would have been nice to see them talk as equals. Sinbad has phenomenal charisma he should have been able to convince David that even though they are gods everyone holds value because they can all contribute something into your own development and ultimate power doesn't have to be through strength or knowledge alone.

Idk I was just really disappointed with this. This used to be my favorite manga but after Sinbad controlled Kougyoku and basically controlled the entire world I lost interest. Also I'm just butthurt about AlibabaXMorgiana it's so stupid it broke up two of my favorite pairings. AlibabaXKougyoku and MorgianaXHakuryuu felt way more organic then AlibabaXMorgiana.
Nov 16, 2017 5:35 PM
Jul 2017
wow what a quick ending! everything was suddenly over so fast, I had to read it twice. Why was it done like this, was it necessary? Why not put some more chapters to show the new world a bit more, show us our loved characters a bit more and how they work together now that everyone is equal again. What about Yam-san and Sharrkan? What about Judar not that he's not a Magi anymore? What about Kougyoku? What about Aladdin?!?!?! I hope for at least some extra chapters popping up someday somewhere -___- And it would have been so nice to see the dead people from Alma Toran and the people fallen into depr. to all go to a place for their afterlife together with the "normal" people. Oh and btw., there was no real ending for Arba, too, no? Just hanging around everyone now or what? Too rushed! Too many things left open.
Nov 17, 2017 2:33 PM

Jan 2017
İS SİNBAD REALLY DEAD
Nov 24, 2017 2:33 AM
Oct 2015
Regardless of its faults I believe this was overall a good series to read/ watch (watched the two seasons before reading the manga).
Heckle was here...
Dec 4, 2017 4:32 AM

Aug 2009
Just can't get enough of Arba
Dec 9, 2017 9:45 PM

Oct 2015
Morgiana is love is life <3
Feb 14, 2018 9:16 AM

Oct 2012
Author tried to make the manga more complex but ultimately failed to achieve it and it became a complete mess instead.
Half an arc worth of speeches which contradict each other was not something I enjoyed much.

On the other hand the start of the manga is something I read in a breeze with enjoyment.

Can't judge it too high overall, but it was still a pretty enjoyable shounen manga. It touches the questions of friendship, morality, love and war.

I would give it 7/10 overall, might be close to 8 actually, but the last arc was pretty bad.. and it's hard to say if it was actually not long enough or not short enough... since the arc was huge, the amount of content was huge, but the story itself was a complete mess which got wrapped up too quickly in the end... I would rather author shortened those discussions with complete 180 every chapter and made a slightly longer afterstory instead.

Oh well, I suppose there is still sinbad's early life story to read, so maybe it will give a better impression.
Feb 27, 2018 9:13 PM
Oct 2016
I shipped Kougyouku and Alibaba till the end...
May 7, 2018 3:27 PM
Mar 2013
I also would've preferred if it stayed about the feuds between nations and we saw how they clash together and how it goes at the end instead of Alma Torran and the whole other world stuff, was getting really good before that.
Now even though the main pressing issues were resolved it feels other matters weren't really concluded, if they get invaded by another strong world\race they don't have Metal Vessels or Magi, and even if the author wanted them to connect with other worlds it'll end up just like the situation with other countries before, so might as well kept it at that.

Was hoping for a happier (romantic) ending for Kougyoku but didn't want to see a bad ending for Morigana either, sadly it's too much of a taboo for authors to take Ren Kouen's suggestion back when he wanted Alibaba to become his subordinate

All in all, it was nice to see the main characters grow and develop, especially Aladdin, Alibaba and Kougyoku, Morigana in wedding dress was the saving grace for the ending for me, That and when she met the Falanis corps are the two scenes I really would've liked seeing animated
Oct 26, 2018 12:36 AM
Jan 2013
Ahhh my time with Magi is over ;_;

Definitely felt rushed in the end, which is disappointing, but not enough that it ruins the story for me. It's still going down as one of my favourites. Just sad that we didn't get to see more of the aftermath and some characters/ideas that didn't get fully explored.

Thoroughly enjoyed the story from beginning to end, it surprised me quite often with directions the story took and how concerned it was with different ideals and ways of thinking, also with not feeling the need to have consistent action which I actually ended up really appreciating.

Also, Kougyoku best girl.
Nov 16, 2018 12:34 AM

Aug 2012
I've been holding it off for the longest because I didn't want it to end. Now it's over.

It was fun.
Jan 11, 2019 4:17 AM

Nov 2016
Goood I'm going to miss this so much... Definitely one of the greatest stories I've gotten immersed in. You can tell the author loved this world and these character with passion, and that's all a good story needs. Aladdin, Alibaba, Morgiana, see you...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2019 7:47 AM
May 2019
I feel like the ending is pretty rushed, if they make like 10 more chapter to explain the situation it’ll be better.
I’m going to miss magi. Magi will always be one of my favorite manga. Tbh i’m actually a bit confused, but it’s ok i think.

9/10
Jul 5, 2019 9:04 AM

Aug 2014
This final arc was a convoluted, nonsensical mess and this ending was not only rushed, but also just feels incredibly lacking. A shame, considering everything prior to it was pretty good and enjoyable, so a 7/10 to me.
Jan 18, 2020 1:01 PM

Oct 2019
Last arc might be not the best, but it's still an enjoyable read nonetheless. Too bad Alibaba and Kougyoku ship never sail and forever stay on best friend relationship.
Apr 22, 2020 4:04 PM
Apr 2020
Can someone please tell me what happened in the manga after the Magnostadt arc. I only watched the anime but I'm a fanfic writer trying to figure out how to end my story with an anime that is only like halfway through the manga it is driving me up a wall. I know we aren't supposed to talk about what happened in anything other than this chapter but if you could like privately message me that would be the bomb.
Apr 23, 2020 9:42 AM
Jul 2019
I will miss this manga 9.9 out of 10
May 28, 2020 7:54 PM
May 2020
Magi's final chapter was rushed but it was solid. The final arc was strong at the start and even though it was rushed towards the end, there was some high points. It could've been fleshed out more but hey what can you do when you're being rushed by the magazine. She still made the best of it imo.

This manga is a masterpiece.

I urge people to reread the manga since I was looking at the discussions of the previous chapters of the final arc and I facepalmed. It seems like people forget the foreshadowing that Shinobu setup in Alma Torran.

10/10 series, one of the few shonens that doesnt feel generic.
Jun 21, 2020 12:19 PM
Jun 2019
GangsterCat said:
what a disappointing manga, everything got ruined after the climax of edgy hakuryuu & judal arc
i can agree with this tbh. it was around this point that things started to stop making sense and just go off the rails
Jul 20, 2020 9:32 PM
Apr 2015
Soo the second protagonist ends up with someone but not the main protagonist ?? WTF!! , they could have paired aladdin with a number of girls smh
Oct 11, 2020 1:46 AM
Mar 2019
Absolutely love this manga and the plot it unconvered, but I can't help but feel like this has been way too rushed. For the first two major arcs it took at least 50 chapters to unveil interconnected conflict and perhaps around another 50 chapters to resolve things. The ending was just handed to us like a cup of instant noodles -- and while I like instant noodles, I just know Magi was so much more than that. I really liked the final arc showdowns and it kinda reminded me of FMAB in the sense that Edward gave up his alchemy realizing he's got something far better than it (which is his family and friends) but with the rest of those affiliated with the Magi system giving up their powers as a whole and figuring out everything as regular people, but the way the story unfolded was just... not up to par with the first major arcs.

I enjoyed it nonetheless, but it feels like it could be far better than that. I would give it an 8 but Aladdin, I love you baby boy so yes +1 for my adorable, strong Magi.

P.S. MORGIANA AND ALIBABA WEDDINGDFHGDFKDHFJGHJKDJJK WHY DID THIS THING DIDNT GET ANIMATED ALL THE WAY ANYWAY PLEASE. MORG IN WEDDING DRESS. MORG AND ALIBABA WEDDING CEREMONY ANIMATED PLEASE
Jan 23, 2021 8:39 AM
Jun 2019
CaptainCrustyyy said:
GangsterCat said:
what a disappointing manga, everything got ruined after the climax of edgy hakuryuu & judal arc
i can agree with this tbh. it was around this point that things started to stop making sense and just go off the rails

Now looking back this is still true, but I do think the ending was good just maybe too rushed.
Jan 30, 2021 4:10 AM
Oct 2011
The series crashed and burned after the first big flashback. What a shame.

The last arc especially was so underwhelming. During the first 20 chapters it's like nothing ever happened and now they're living in this capitalistic utopia. Where's the conflict? Where's the consequences? Where's the social criticism that the manga had before? The 'conflict' between Sinbad and Aladdin was so stupid. The whole trading company nonsense was so stupid. At some point the series felt like advertisement for the Sinbad series. Then there's all the power of friendship nonsense and all the stupid idealism..

I loved the series, it's sad to see it turn into such a clusterfuck.
Candor123Jan 30, 2021 4:15 AM
Feb 9, 2022 1:15 PM

Oct 2011
last arc was a torture to read through but everything before that was decent enough

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
May 3, 2022 8:26 PM

Apr 2020
The last arc was not on par with the rest of the manga. But even still its not terrible. The First half was of magi was absolutely amazing with amazing world building and characters.
water
May 4, 2022 3:07 AM

Oct 2010
people don't know what they're talking about here, the last arc and the final chapters were a masterpiece. It ended perfectly at 369 the number of the universe and the overall conflict was resolved, what more can you ask?
May 25, 2022 8:53 AM
Feb 2013
Agree with the consensus that the final arc was really bad, but tbh I found it pretty up and down even before that: high highs, but some very low lows throughout the series. I liked the way the story was set up as this grand adventure with a power trio where everything is a part of the greater flow and the story wasn't afraid to kill off characters early on (since they still existed in some way as rukh). But it felt like as the story went on, it wasn't as well planned out, with arcs getting dragged out unnecessarily and a lot of foreshadowing going to the wayside, and I thought the author got really attached to certain characters and backed out of making them real villains (particularly Hakuryuu and Judal... Sinbad somewhat, too. And he wasn't a villain, but I felt the Magnostadt arc went way off-track when Titus was introduced, because she didn't want to kill him off). Not to mention a boatload of characters who served absolutely no purpose at all, like those two generals and the pirate kids who started following Alibaba around (I guess households were just abandoned entirely at some point...?). Most of the big battles were set up haphazardly and didn't accomplish much of anything. A lot of wasted potential, imo.

Honestly, I was just laughing at the final arc a lot, with the absurd number of plot twists it introduced and immediately dismissed, along with the general incomprehensibility of it all. Even before the climax, the post-timeskip section switches track so often that it gives whiplash. And, while I liked Morgiana for what she was originally (an amusing, quirky, cutesy main girl who was actually useful in combat and not just shallow ship tease for the main character), she was an in absentia character for almost two-thirds of the series... and also became a love interest in such a sudden and forced way that I had to wonder if it was a setup to some long-term gag, right before she disappeared from the series almost entirely. And when she did come back, she had not one iota of character development, picking up exactly where she'd left off, even though years had passed in-series. While I wasn't big on shipping (because, let's be real, rooting against the main boy/girl is a losing proposition 99% of the time), it was a little insulting that Kougyoku was a far less flat character who had better rapport with Alibaba, but that went absolutely nowhere (and I'm pretty sure the author was trying to slam her together with Aladdin in the space of a couple panels at one point... which was fortunately one of the many dropped setups. On a similar note, I thought it was amusing how Sharkkan and Yamuraiha were literally shoved together by Masrur in their last appearance together). I often find shonen series written by women to have better romances than average, but I certainly didn't think that was the case here (except for Sheba/Solomon, that was a pretty good little story. Sheba was badass).

So... I dunno. Decent series overall, with some concepts and ideas I really liked, I just found a lot of its long-term plotting unfocused and without payoff, and thought it undermined itself at all the wrong times. Could have easily been a lot better.
Jan 16, 2023 7:03 PM
Sep 2022
The perfect ending for Magi. It was amazing and heartwarming. Some of the people above me are making a big deal out of something stupid. They don't understand anything. What will happen after this is part of a new adventure as the narrator says. Why do you think this manga ended at chapter 369? Overall Magi is a masterpiece.
Feb 25, 2023 11:16 AM

Mar 2017
First time in a while that I felt the emptiness that comes with finishing a series I've grown attached to. Not overly familiar with how people saw it as rushed, but I'm still satisfied with the ending (especially with Mor and Alibaba) 

One thing I'd like to note though is that the last parts of the arc felt a bit like FMAB, with the whole battle against a god and sacrificing the magic stuff. Anyway that's that, now I'm just wondering if I'll go watch/read the Sinbad spinoff, go for the author's next work - Orient, or move on to a different series altogether. 
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Mar 23, 8:16 AM

Nov 2014
No Aladdin x Kougyoku? Laaaaaaaaaame. They could have been a better couple than Alibaba and Mor.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» opinions on Magi's depiction of Arabian culture?

laaare - Oct 30, 2016

17 by Afan_123 »»
Apr 30, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 31 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Sep 26, 2012

7 by Marloges »»
Apr 29, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 30 Discussion

BackLashWave - Dec 31, 2011

10 by Marloges »»
Apr 29, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 29 Discussion

10 by Marloges »»
Apr 29, 8:14 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 28 Discussion

9 by Marloges »»
Apr 29, 8:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.