Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 28, 2017 12:27 PM
Oct 2016
Pipe said:
Interesting episode, for me the real ending was the 11. Overall the adaptation was good

I also felted this. And the entire discussion about DLC's it was metalinguistic.

So, this episode was just that, a DLC to the series. The true final was the previous one.
Sep 28, 2017 12:27 PM

Jan 2017
Is it just coincidence that Amano promotes epilogue DLC's about what happens to the characters after the finale of a game, when at the same time this episode feels like exactly that to the whole show?

All in all, I found this show unexpectedly great. While it really made me hungry for gaming, at the same time it was one of the more memorizable Rom-Coms Anime has had to offer lately.
Sep 28, 2017 12:30 PM

Jan 2014
Laughed my ass off so hard!!! The reaction faces just kill me xD

I'm really gonna miss this show, every character was extremely likable. The only thing I wished the show did, was show more of the characters in the actual game club that Tendou was in. But other than that it was a solid show

8/10

SEASON 2 PLEASE
Sep 28, 2017 12:31 PM

Aug 2012
This kinda let me down but I really enjoyed the series(ep 1-11) even though misunderstanding right and left ... they should just end it at episode 11 for satisfactory.

8/10
Sep 28, 2017 12:33 PM

Jan 2013
Are you excrementing me?!! You wasted the entire season barely talking about games and instead it was all these dumb excuses of comedy in form of misunderstandings and now, I mean NOW, when it's the final episode you remember "Oh yeah, this is an anime about "Gamers", right? They need to discuss games and stuff."? Remember K-ON? You know, that anime about music that everybody joked that it was about anything but music? Well guess what: K-ON never forgot that it was about music and actually had music. Gamers fails horribly at this and I can't believe I thought this thing had potential.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Sep 28, 2017 12:33 PM
Jan 2013
"Elders Hunt"
what is it a parody of??
Sep 28, 2017 12:41 PM

May 2010
Pretty much the first episode was about the title, and the last episode was about the title, and everything in between was fairly bizarre.
Sep 28, 2017 12:48 PM
Jan 2016
What even was that episode? It didn't even feel like a finale. I've seen the criticism of 'felt like just another episode' a bunch of times for season finales, but this didn't even feel like 'just another episode'. As I've seen a bunch of people say, episode 11 was more of a finale, and it was my favourite episode of the series. This episode just felt...awkward, and I think I know why.

1. Literally nothing happened. There was no progression in any relationships or characters, no revelations, no resolution, no nothing. Although, I guess Aguri lost a debate, and don't even get me started on the debate.
2. The whole episode was a debate. An awkward, somewhat obnoxious, forced one at that. I guess they were trying to educate the audience? But then again, what demographic do they think an anime called 'Gamers' attracts? Gamers, who probably already know all that shit! Aguri just seemed obnoxious.
3. This didn't even feel like an episode of Gamers. What I like about this show is the fact that it's a bunch of gamers doing normal shit like having relationships, with their quirky personalities. The anime was only centered around gaming in the first episode, which denied the premise of the type of anime this episode seemed like it came out of. This was just over 20 minutes of them talking about DLC. Like, seriously?
4. This is barely a point but I just hate fanservice so much, goddammit! Do I even need to point that shit out in the onsen scene? Yes, I can see that they're naked. Stop zooming in on their concealed genitals and breasts. Also, I really fucking love Chiaki(best girl any day of the week), and I really didn't need to see her naked. It's like when you see a doujin of an anime you're really emotionally attached to. It just makes you feel uncomfortable.

Just gonna pretend this episode never happened, because it sure wasn't needed. So, still a 7/10 anime.
KababiNov 11, 2017 3:54 AM
Sep 28, 2017 12:50 PM

Jul 2014
I take this episode as an extra story (I mean, the episode was about DLC). Besides, episode 11 already had an appropriate ending (at least for this season).

Anyway, it was a great episode, the discussion about prices, DLC and gaming was very interesting. Aguri nailed it with the leveling...and thanks for the onsen.

Goodbye to my favorite show of the season, I hope to see more in the future.
Sep 28, 2017 1:01 PM
Dec 2012
Am I the only one that felt that they (staff) actually gave up and just did whatever they wanted for the finale... Pretty pointless...
I was waiting (at least) to know why did Karen fell for the MC.

It was a bait... a bad bait...
I was expecting nothing, and it still managed to disappoint me...
:v
Sep 28, 2017 1:04 PM

Aug 2015
I liked the show, but this was quite the odd episode. It was very inconsistent with the rest of the series. This felt more like some cheap "obligatory hot springs OVA" that was made after the series.
Oh well.

I don't see there being a season 2, but for what it's worth, I really enjoyed this show, and getting to know the characters. I would like to see another episode that helped Amano and Tendou's relationship grow more though. The series really neglected that a lot.
Sep 28, 2017 1:07 PM

Dec 2013
That ending wtf...

Sep 28, 2017 1:15 PM

Aug 2013
This episode was basically the DLC of the series which they were parodying obviously but the show did make a very valid argument/point about the gaming industry and how DLC is often used as a method to bait free players into buying into an entity that should have been finished upon production. Yeah this episode did not hold back on that front and that was the primary enjoyment of it for me. It felt like an OVA though, especially with the unexpected amount of fanservice and "nudity" (which was censored) so I guess they had to get their pandering out there to guarantee sales of the BDs. Overall it's a pretty fun series. It's worth a solid 6/10 in terms of being what it is but the laughs that it brought and references to stuff IRL makes it a 7. Not sure I'd be interested in reading the original source since I personally don't think it has that much attraction (unless you're in it for the romance) but for what it's worth, it was fun.
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 28, 2017 1:21 PM
Mar 2016
Ya know Aguri does have a point , games were just a waste of money, thought, as a young guy you would frown on that , but wait when you get older and the budget it tight, then that's when you realize it.

Man Y6,000 on a game? that's about $53.38, and what about Y11,000 is about $98.
Sep 28, 2017 2:03 PM
Jul 2018
this episode felt like an OVA... asdfasdfasf
Sep 28, 2017 2:06 PM

Oct 2016
very meh ending. I feel like this show ended after episode 6
Sep 28, 2017 2:09 PM
Apr 2011
Kikko002 said:
11 Episode is the last episode, 12 is a DLC
This.
Strange the union between terra formars and ika musume, but it was a good detail with the original voice of the latter one.
Sep 28, 2017 2:25 PM

Nov 2011
Overall this anime turned into nothing fantastic. The misunderstanding were taken way to far at moments and it would have been just as fun if they focused more on gaming and being a club then High School Drama. Chiaki and Aguri ended up being really likable characters.

Tendou just was the worst for me throughout the series. My god her love for Amano was just annoying at times and she was just not funny. She was the worst part of this show in my opinion.

Final Score is 7/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 28, 2017 2:25 PM

Dec 2014
I agree this felt more like an OVA than a last episode, but overall I'm satisfied with the series. Had good laughs; albeit sometimes the misunderstandings were overused..
Aguri's words hit home, when they were talking about DLCs, they are such a rip-off and they keep getting worse imo. More and more content locked behind paywalls, that should instead be included within the base game..I always buy GOTY editions since at least I'm paying once for a single game (on sale too most of the time), never ever bought or will buy separate DLCs. Going back to Gamers I wouldn't mind a second season down the road, for now I'll settle with the end card~

AnathorSep 28, 2017 2:33 PM
Sep 28, 2017 2:38 PM
Jul 2018
barely made me laugh, too obvious like most anime most of the time, generic shit overall.
was pretty tense one episode with the accidental confession but that's about it...
romance felt k.
5/10.
Sep 28, 2017 2:38 PM

Oct 2014
It's over.

Apart from the fact that the animation on episode 11 turned into DEEN, very solid season.
Well... except for the part that turn Chiaki into a thieving cat and romance breaker.
a lot of people dislike the bait after bait after bait every single episode, but at the same time they came back anyway lol.

Season 2... if internet is a good indicator, then this should get one. (but we all know it's not)
but tbh, there's a constant decline of animation quality after the first arc is over, with the low point at the final episode (episode 11, we all agree this episode feels more like an OVA lol.) Either somebody f***ed up with the management, or they just lost interest after such a brilliant complex chain of romcom turned into Nisekoi.
but I personally am confident this show will get a Season 2. First, it has the attention it needs. Second, the characters aren't special, but they're... "noticeable". They leave an impression that could last for sometime. These two usually translate into good merc sales. As long as something pays for it, Season 2 is usually in the books.
Sep 28, 2017 3:04 PM

Sep 2015
Okay, wow, anime was great until episode 11... What happened to the story? Lame, rushed, and nonsatisfying ending.

6/10 because I'm a bit biased and like the show but damn, what an awful conclusion.
Sep 28, 2017 3:12 PM

Mar 2016
The Socratic method, featuring Aguri.
Sep 28, 2017 3:13 PM

Nov 2016
Obviously not as good as the previous episode, but well.

Overall a rather entertaining watch with some good moments, but nothing groundbreaking tbh.

Solid 5/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 28, 2017 3:25 PM

Jun 2011
Valentine777 said:
Best episode ever, i just wished that the entire show was like this from the start, but Aguris criticism just make this episode golden, Final Fantasy 15 part was pretty accurated, and Tendou being a masoquist pretty much because of dark souls series, makes me lmao

Ahah the criticism on Final Fantasy 15 made me laugh so hard since it was so true.
I pretty much agree with what Aguri said regarding the DLC, its just bs.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2017 3:32 PM

Sep 2015
So a filler and fan service episode of Aguri trying to understand the attraction of game. kind of expected since last episode felt pretty tiddy up. The bath scene for the girls was like staring at steam only... And when seaweed got up, it was just a straight beam of steam. At least they could try harder to censor -_-. It was so blatantly obvious...
Though they still have the whole AguriXAmano.
No Konoha this episode :(

Sep 28, 2017 3:57 PM

Apr 2017
Is' probably an okay anime. My feelings about this are totally mixed. I like it and I don't like it. It's an okay anime, but at the same time it's below average. I liked the talk about the games and them really explaining to Aguri what it's like to be a gamer. Kinda a weird end of the show, but to be honest, I didn't expect anything for this episode. I didn't have a clue about what's gonna happen. Overall, it's a good anime with some flaws and one major flaw - MISUNDERSTANDINGS. It's ok to have some, but at the episode 8 or so they had like 5 big misunderstandings on-going. Misunderstandings are funny sometimes, but like a gag anime, if there's too much of it, it either becomes boring or unbearable. Other than that flaw, I don't think there are any other big mistakes. I give this anime 7/10.
Sep 28, 2017 4:00 PM

May 2015
One of the best shows this season in my opinion. Really enjoyed it, hoping for another season. Guess I'll have to occupy myself with the LN for now.

Going to miss it. Decent finale. 9/10.

Sep 28, 2017 4:03 PM
Jul 2017
Was not expecting a Shinryaku! Ika Musume reference in Gamers so that was pretty cool.
Sep 28, 2017 4:17 PM

Feb 2009
Lots of problems with this anime. The side characters should be mains, there's no 'gaming' really involved, and etc.

7/10, although it should really be a 6. Amano and Tendou really drag this show down at times.

Sep 28, 2017 4:19 PM

Dec 2016
I can consider the 11th eps. is the finale, it's more emotional than this one but this also was good and funny (except fucking fanservice), summary this show the best one for me with fun among all animes in this summer but need better end than this, hope for a 2nd season it will be cool. Idk why the ED was changed in eps. 9 & 10 but they were so good.

I give it at all 8/10
Sep 28, 2017 4:35 PM

Dec 2009
Soooo.... Karen is a masochist lol.

If they managed another climax like they did in episode 6, i would have given this a 9/10, but this rather mundane result after that point, and inconclusive finale, dropped my opinion of it by a fair bit.

This show's glory was it's ability to embrace comedic misunderstandings, and take it to a beautiful level of absurdity that ascended it above all other attempts at the same type of comedy, and then it just lost it's spark after.

Unfortunate.

As usual : anyone saying the misunderstandings is a flaw, were watching the wrong anime from the start. THIS IS NOT A FLAW, IT WAS THE PURPOSE AND INTENT FROM THE BEGINNING.
GenesisAriaSep 28, 2017 4:40 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Sep 28, 2017 4:55 PM
Sep 2017
Amano-Aguri EndGame ♥
Sep 28, 2017 5:11 PM

Jun 2017
A show like this seriously didn't need fanservice.

Despite the crappy ending, 7/10.
Sep 28, 2017 5:20 PM

Jun 2010
-Aki said:
Amano-Aguri EndGame ♥

This, 100%. Even down to the last episodes in one of the last scenes, the Aguri-Amano pairing is just too adorable for words. The scenes with those two this episode were literally the best parts of this episode and made the happiest out of everything.

Also, 11 episodes and NOW they start talking about actually video games? LMFAO!

And Chikai was just as useless and pointless and personalityless and didn't need to be there as much as last episode.
Sep 28, 2017 5:21 PM

Apr 2013
Overall, story wise, the show was okay, but boy I really enjoyed the humor and character antiques
Unfortunate that some people still watch it to the end expecting for a more serious plot. Their choices though
Sep 28, 2017 5:29 PM
May 2015
I thought the last episode was weak. Actually, for the last few episodes, it definitely went down. I remember watching this and feeling the cliff hangers, the energy, the surprise, this was one of the few anime this season where I was dying for the next episode and rewatching episodes for those outrageous scenes. The last few episodes have lacked that a lot and the last episode for this season was so so.

It seems to be like "oh crap, we forgot, the main subject title is gamers so we gotta talk about games again!" right before the show ends.

Last episode 5/10 for how much I enjoyed it.

There was some slight relationship closure but it ended weak. Disappointed.
Sep 28, 2017 5:38 PM

Dec 2009
sessizkalmak said:
GenesisAria said:

As usual : anyone saying the misunderstandings is a flaw, were watching the wrong anime from the start. THIS IS NOT A FLAW, IT WAS THE PURPOSE AND INTENT FROM THE BEGINNING.
It doesn't change the fact that the misunderstandings were overdone and got boring after a while. If you plan to base your whole plot on misunderstandings you gotta make sure they feel natural and they are actually funny. That was not the case here.

They weren't boring up until ep6.

You clearly lack understanding of how making fiction/entertainment works. The issue is not WHAT is presented, so much as HOW it's presented. They lost their flair after ep6, so it just got meh. They could have set their sights even higher and made an even more insane misunderstanding climax for the finale, and that would have made this anime go down in the history books.

They screwed up the second half of this anime into lackluster nichijou stuff and it makes me sad, because i've never laughed so hard to an anime in my life before gamers ep6 came out; i never found misunderstandings to be exceptionally funny either (usually just moderately amusing) until this anime.
GenesisAriaSep 28, 2017 5:45 PM

Sep 28, 2017 5:51 PM

May 2010
And I thought it couldn't get any worse. What a sad way to end a series.
Sep 28, 2017 5:52 PM

Dec 2009
@sessizkalmak
I didn't say you had to find it funny; you said "you gotta make sure they feel natural" which ironically, is what i was right from the beginning praising this anime for: how the misunderstandings, silly they may be, all make total logical sense, despite them being stupid and presumptuous. There wasn't a single contrived improbable misunderstanding, all of these chars are idiots, and they acted like it, and sold it perfectly. You made a pseudo-objective statement in a subjective response, to an originally objective statement.

I wasn't expressing opinion so much as poking holes in a conclusion you most likely got via emotional association or other personal correlative means that do not measure the entertainment itself, as these are biases.

. . .
I'm not an elitist or any bs like that you might seem to think of me as being, because i'm not. I'm someone who understands the technicalities as well as the heart and soul, as well as the many possible interpretations of all kinds of fiction. There's no high horse, fiction is a passion of mine, and i seek to understand it on a deep level, which most don't bother. I'm not sure how old you think i am but lol, you're barking up the wrong tree. I'm a philosopher and metaphysicist who studies fiction as a hobby, not some kid arguing with you.
GenesisAriaSep 28, 2017 5:56 PM

Sep 28, 2017 5:58 PM

Dec 2009
@sessizkalmak
I'm glad i amuse you, and you've proven i've wasted my time trying to be helpful... improving opinions on things by eliminating false causes for negative responses.

Sep 28, 2017 6:00 PM
Jul 2016
The rest of the cast got blown the fuck out by Aguri. Good Finale
Sep 28, 2017 6:12 PM

Feb 2017
Wow what a garbage fire of an ending, if i wanted to ruminate about spending money on games... well i don't, as any actual gamer has done so at some point in their lives and imo, this kinda show is going to be watched by people who are very likely to be gamers. not to say some will watch it and be amazed at the epihany, I felt it was a waste of an episode.

The series started strong and the high point for me was when he
beyond that the romance just started getting more and more uninteresting and a massive hang up on misunderstanding, which are funny and entertaining in moderation, but when taken to the extremes like this get frustrating.

Erg I was looking forward to this show, now I regret watching it.
Sep 28, 2017 6:43 PM

Jul 2013
This is literally the only episode that lives up to it's titles.

All in seriousness though, this episode was okay. I mean the characters talking about DLC in games. Also, the onsen scene... I didn't care about it that much.

Overall, the show was something else. 6/10

Oh I forgot to mention.... I could understand Karen (I refuse to call her Tendou for "reasons") and Tasuku misunderstanding the friendship of Aguri and Keita but why Chiaki? I still don't get that
GalacticMagnaSep 28, 2017 6:47 PM

Sep 28, 2017 6:57 PM

Dec 2010
bleh, worst episode by far.
8/10 anime
Sep 28, 2017 7:25 PM

Jun 2014
What the hell kinda ending was that? Up to episode 11, there is plenty of buildup that could have easily been wrapped in one more episode. Episode 12: abandons all prior plot points; resolves nothing from previous episodes; and then runs off with a side story that would have been more appropriate as OVA material.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » [Poll] Gamers Romance

Lnlover - Aug 30, 2017

30 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:19 PM

» Misunderstandings

Shomix - Sep 29, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:18 PM

Poll: » [the usual] BEST GIRL POLL

GangsterCat - Sep 7, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:15 PM

» Do people not understand that this is a parody? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Feb 23, 2023

61 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:14 PM

Poll: » Gamers! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2017

179 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 6:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.