Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2017 5:27 AM

Jan 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Reading the title I thought it sounded like a doujin level plot, and it kinda was.
cyruzNov 3, 2021 11:32 AM
Apr 20, 2020 11:33 AM

Dec 2015
It's kind of weird for me to say it but I really appreciate Fujimoto's strange sympathetic respectful depiction of different sexualities.
I'm not sure whether it flies under the radar of most readers, but especially when reading Fire Punch and seeing how he managed to sneak in a gay couple and transsexual main character and made us empathize with them and see the unfairness in their societal exclusion/ treatment, I can't help but be really glad, that he does this.

I think my reading experience of this one-shot was also affected by having read his other works (Chainsaw-Man also depicts a lesbian polyamorous relationships, has androgynous non-binary looking characters etc.)

I just really appreciate that he includes those aspects of his characters without it ever seeming out of place or forced and I'm happy his stories are so crazily insane and overboard in some aspects that he's able to depict things that most shonen magazines usually stray away from.
Sep 13, 2020 9:59 PM

Jul 2019
i thought it was ok, but some of what the characters say is kind of funny, i dont know if that was intentional or not though
My heart and actions are utterly uncloudedǃ They are all those of 'Justice

Jan 16, 2021 3:56 AM

Dec 2009
I'm almost certain that "When I woke up, I became a girl' disease" is bad translation which makes the situation hilarious at first, but quickly feels dreadful and dire with instant sympathy for the formerly male protagonist with how it realistically instigates the background characters of male to either mock or sexually harass him for sex, with the females categorizing as a disgusting pervert for now having the ability to coexist as a girl with them.

I'm straight, so I don't have any personal care or attachment to homosexuality or change of sex, but it's interesting to see a One-Shot implement realistic factors to the cliche genderswap.

It's fast paced but in its length it properly presents the girlfriend, her brother/his* friend protecting him and the difficulty of the couple dealing with their new situation, of which as a man at heart he stays true to his love for her and they stay as a couple.

... I've read very few genderswap manga but grew disinterested in them over time even though some could be very good. ... I don't think many go with this realistic approach though, at least not so harshly. If it's present it's usually short-lived.

Even though it's a little comedic. 7.5/10.
Apr 27, 2021 1:27 AM
May 2015
I was lost the entire time lol. I may have to reread because this one kinda went over my head. Different than anything I've read so far. It was kind of cute tho? I don't know. Fujimoto is an odd man that thinks about a lot of crazy shit on a lot of different levels. The characters are endearing for the most part except for those school bullies.
Jul 14, 2021 2:48 PM

Mar 2010
What a little pussy, twas so gey I couldn't find my dic!! HALP

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 17, 2022 11:33 PM

Jul 2021
i guess this mangaka fujimoto is a mas0chist , so he loves sadi$t , strong-minded , angry girls , like the little sister in this one-shot , lol .

Hello everyone , please check out and subscribe to my youtube channel , DayWithoutAnime 2.0 DayWithoutGame , that has many meme , funny anime / manga videos , thank you :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFNBo_02wOQwRJ4HXlzC9dw
Feb 5, 2023 12:17 AM

Dec 2020
I had to double take when I read the title
May 1, 2023 12:05 AM

Jul 2021
Eh too bad they didn't do the segs
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Aug 19, 2023 8:08 PM
Mar 2021
wtffff faded than a hoe  faded than a hoe  faded than a hoe  faded than a hoe  faded than a hoe  faded than a hoe  faded than a hoe  faded than a hoe  faded than a hoe  faded than a hoe  faded than a hoe  faded than a hoe  faded than a hoe  faded than a hoe 
Oct 3, 2023 12:14 PM
Mar 2023
The plot was weird but it was kinda wholesome
7/10
Oct 3, 2023 4:15 PM
Jul 2020
Thought it was good with its simple message and weird premise

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ningyo Rhapsody Chapter Discussion

waalex11 - Jan 16, 2021

8 by Cosenza »»
May 19, 1:06 PM

Poll: » Yogen no Nayuta Chapter Discussion

ExoticBankai - Jun 5, 2016

16 by 1u2i99 »»
Oct 4, 2023 9:55 AM

Poll: » Imouto no Ane Chapter Discussion

NextUniverse - Apr 18, 2021

10 by CQLLIST »»
May 1, 2023 12:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.