Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 9, 2017 12:44 PM

Apr 2009
Asui \o/

That end was cute~
Sep 9, 2017 1:29 PM

Sep 2013
The matchups continue, teachers being soft on them.
Momo getting her confidence back.
Sep 9, 2017 1:32 PM

Mar 2016
Some good action and a bit of character development for the guys with less time in the light...but it was overall a fairly lack luster episode for the very high bar they have set in this anime...not saying it was a bad episode just that it was missing that extra something this anime always seems to deliver

In any case I'm looking forward to the next set of battles! I'm really interested to see how the principal fights

PLUS ULTRA!!!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Sep 9, 2017 1:45 PM
Jul 2011
Kind of disappointing Aizawa went soft at the end but understandable, wanted Momo to get her confidence back with him being pushed to his limits but if she took another lost she would probably fall even deeper into despair. Her plan was solid just needed better execution. Hopefully she stop second guessing herself now.

Like how dense/goofy Todoroki can be at times though, really adds to his character. Him reacting to Momo making those creations from her chest was funny.

If Asui wasn't great already she definitely got even more points this episode. Good support character. She is an incredible partner being the main X factor for Tokoyami and even Deku back in Season 1 vs. the water villains.

While notable character development all around, glad they're not dragging these episodes out. Just mainly waiting for the real event, Bakugou and Deku vs. All Might, that shit is gonna be epic.
Sep 9, 2017 1:45 PM

Oct 2015
Another good episode. Loved the Tokoyami and Asui combo and finally Yaoyorozu is on her way to gaining back her confidence. It was a long time coming.

Horikoshi's tweet for the episode:

Sep 9, 2017 2:18 PM

May 2014
Loving the development of the characters this arc! Pretty swell.

Too bad best boy Lida got only one scene, but it was epic so I'm DAIJOUBU

Sep 9, 2017 3:06 PM

Mar 2017
Nice to see development for Momo, sometimes i forget shes in the anime. I cant wait to see Ochako's reaction, love Deku x Ochako <3
Sep 9, 2017 3:34 PM

May 2015
Oh boy, the ending after the credits. Are we getting a little bit of romance now?

Great episode.

Sep 9, 2017 3:44 PM

Jul 2013
I'm glad they gave Momo some spotlight, since she deserved it considering her lackluster role in the tournament. It was also pretty sweet of Aizawa's part holding down a bit to recover her confidence in herself.
I loved how Todoroki reacted to Momo creating those ropes xD

It seems next episode will deal with the battle of the rest of the class, so the battle with All Might will mostly be the episode after that.
Sep 9, 2017 4:57 PM

Apr 2013
dicecop said:
The ship has saaaaaAAAAAAAAAAIIIILEED!

Yes, the time has finally come <3

.·:*¨ ๐•พ๐–Š๐–™ ๐•ธ๐–Š ๐•ฑ๐–—๐–Š๐–Š - ๐•ต๐–Š๐–˜๐–˜๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–† ๐•ต๐–š๐–“๐–Œ ¨*:·. ๐“†ฉโ™ก๐“†ช
๐Ÿฌ:๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฑ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ใ…‡โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐Ÿฏ:๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฒ
โ†บ¹ |โ— โ–ถ โ–ท| โ‹ฎ≡
Sep 9, 2017 4:57 PM

Dec 2015
the asui and tokoyomi fight already made the episode good
Sep 9, 2017 6:10 PM

May 2014
It's weird because the Stain arc was the one I was looking forward to most this season of MHA, but I think this arc is my favorite so far.
Not only are the match-ups great, but they're addressing all the groundwork laid out for characters earlier in the series. Momo's self-esteem issues have always been there in the background, but it's only now she's backed into a corner that we get to see her work to change it.
No wonder Aizawa let them win- they really deserved it.

Also love the fact that Asui doesn't have any big weaknesses that need addressing ;)
She plays the support role really well and seems to have a natural knack for bringing to best out in whoever she's working with.

Ending with Aoyama and Ochaco was hilarious. His VA does an insanely good job! I actually thought it was Namikawa until I searched up on it, but it's a Kuwano Kousuke- who's only been in MHA and Cheer Danshi. Hope he gets more roles in the near future!! *o*

Kind of sad that only the Kirishima/Sato team lost. Hopefully they aren't the only ones who fail the practical :/

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2017 6:24 PM
May 2017
Wow, where to start with this one. It was great obviously. Its fun learning what superheroes can do but its even more interesting what they do when it comes to their short comings.
Some unique Quirk Team ups happened that I did not see coming like Tenya's Engine Tail spin thing (I declare that Tail Spin is that moves name now despite what the author says.), Momo's flash grenade and capture surprise and Froppy's disgusting but somehow incredibly endearing throw-up power.

All great stuff with some nice character resolution and development thrown in.

I'm curious how the Black Hole Quirk will be dealt with. Based on observations of the Quirks involved it should be pretty easy for Uravity to just turn off the Gravity and render 13 mostly useless. Though then the wind would still be sucking her towards 13 so maybe she'd need too... make the Black Hole have no gravity!
That is my theory! As well as my argument for why Physics only make super power's more fun.
Sep 9, 2017 7:15 PM

Jul 2009
My nigga Aoyama dropping that bomb right at the end
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Sep 9, 2017 7:17 PM

Dec 2015
Personally wasn't too convinced with Momo's character development, she literally changed from having the mindset of a "15 yo" to whatever age she is now in an instant. Despite that battle being the cornerstone of the episode, the plot was particularly weak, mainly due to pacing which is disappointing.

It's quite evident that they had issues squeezing an entire class of side characters within these 4 episodes whilst leaving the 25th for an epic showdown. Instead of just "going with it," that filler post-internship episode should have been left as an OVA.
~
Sep 9, 2017 7:22 PM

Jan 2011
Oh jeeze only a few more episodes to enjoy. I'm sad.
Sep 9, 2017 7:23 PM

Jul 2009
GrowingLore said:
Wow, where to start with this one. It was great obviously. Its fun learning what superheroes can do but its even more interesting what they do when it comes to their short comings.
Some unique Quirk Team ups happened that I did not see coming like Tenya's Engine Tail spin thing (I declare that Tail Spin is that moves name now despite what the author says.), Momo's flash grenade and capture surprise and Froppy's disgusting but somehow incredibly endearing throw-up power.

All great stuff with some nice character resolution and development thrown in.

I'm curious how the Black Hole Quirk will be dealt with. Based on observations of the Quirks involved it should be pretty easy for Uravity to just turn off the Gravity and render 13 mostly useless. Though then the wind would still be sucking her towards 13 so maybe she'd need too... make the Black Hole have no gravity!
That is my theory! As well as my argument for why Physics only make super power's more fun.

The way the fight ends is actually pretty great
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Sep 9, 2017 7:26 PM

Apr 2017
IZEROII said:
Oh jeeze only a few more episodes to enjoy. I'm sad.

Now it's time to decide between reading the manga or waiting for another season

decisions decisions
๏ฝ๏ฝ๏ฝŒ'๏ฝ“ ๏ผฃ๏ผน๏ผข๏ผฅ๏ผฒ ๏ฝ’๏ฝ๏ฝƒ๏ฝƒ๏ฝ๏ฝ๏ฝŽ

๏ผฃ๏ผน๏ผข๏ผฅ๏ผฒ ๏ฝ‚๏ฝ๏ฝ๏ฝ !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ๏ฝˆ๏ฝ…๏ฝŒ๏ฝŒ ๏ฝ™๏ฝ…๏ฝ๏ฝˆ !
๏ฝ†๏ฝ’๏ฝ๏ฝ ๏ฝ”๏ฝˆ๏ฝ… ๏ฝ„๏ฝ‰๏ฝ“๏ฝ”๏ฝ๏ฝŽ๏ฝ”
๏ฝ™๏ฝ…๏ฝ๏ฝ’ ๏ฝ๏ฝ† ๏ผ’๏ผ๏ผ’๏ผ–

๏ฝ”๏ฝˆ๏ฝ…๏ผฃ๏ผน๏ผข๏ผฅ๏ผฒ ๏ฝ๏ฝ๏ฝŒ๏ฝ‰๏ฝƒ๏ฝ…
๏ฝ๏ฝ’๏ฝ… ๏ฝ๏ฝ†๏ฝ”๏ฝ…๏ฝ’ ๏ฝ๏ฝ… !
Sep 9, 2017 7:59 PM

Apr 2016
fine episode.
any time we see Tsuyu in action I'm happy at least
the last couple episodes have succeeded in making me like Momo as a character
Sep 9, 2017 8:46 PM

Jul 2017
Ah beauty momo episode with my boy aizawa too.
JkickitSep 9, 2017 8:57 PM
Sep 9, 2017 9:01 PM

Sep 2015
Two of my ships seem to be progressing :)
Sep 9, 2017 9:40 PM

Jan 2013
Amazing episode!
Tsuyu did a great job, glad that they won.
That challenge seemed too easy for Iida.
Oh boy... who could guess that Momo was the one that would create the best plan, even though that it was kinda obvious from the episode name xD Still great plan! Hope that this will help her to recover.
Kinda unexpected ending xD Aoyama finally was useful hahaha hope Can't wait to see Ururaka's face :D
Next episodes will be epic!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 9, 2017 10:08 PM

Dec 2014
well that was something ...nice test students to work on their weaknesses...but I am still wondering what ill happen to people who does not pass
Sep 10, 2017 1:00 AM

Jan 2015
Awesome episode!
Really good to see more of Tokoyaki
Sep 10, 2017 1:21 AM

Jan 2011
Really? Their fight was the 4th, its not like they didnt have plenty of time to discuss strategy before the start. And its not like they dont get along to avoid talking to eachother.
Shitty needless drama...
Not that I didnt like the episode, but seriously this bugged me to no end :/
Sep 10, 2017 4:56 AM

May 2014
I really like Froppy's calmness and teaming with fumikage was pretty good the other fight is really great as well specially todoroki/momo pair its good that momo finally get back her confidence

the most surprising is the bomb Aoyama drop on Uraraka

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2017 5:21 AM
Nov 2015
AlexGK said:
Really? Their fight was the 4th, its not like they didnt have plenty of time to discuss strategy before the start. And its not like they dont get along to avoid talking to eachother.
Shitty needless drama...
Not that I didnt like the episode, but seriously this bugged me to no end :/

This is a problem, in the manga all the fights happen at the same time so they dont have time to strategize. In the other hand, this format would be a mess in the anime, Bones put an order to the fights to make them easier to understand and to accomodate the climax on the second to last episode.
Sep 10, 2017 6:53 AM

Jun 2015
Fang said:
Meh worst episode so far imo. Always hated shounen romance and it seems it's starting to sneak in now in BnHA.
Can't wait for the All Might fight, seems like that's another episode away, though. I was told these last few episodes were going to be incredible so I'm feeling slightly underwhelmed lol.

Totally agree with you bruh.
Sep 10, 2017 6:59 AM

Sep 2013
Worst episode of the season, sadly. Yaoyorozu was just so annoying I had to skip most of their fight cause I couldn't stand her thinking, talking and making of faces.
Sep 10, 2017 7:04 AM

Jun 2017
I'm really excited for the next episode so we can see Uraraka and Aoyama vs Thirteen!
Sep 10, 2017 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
Momo and Todoroki worked well together. That ship is basically set.

Please no Ochako and Deku...please no. Like the ending was funny but please GOD NO. That's just generic.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of the other characters and their fights next week. I guess it will be Mineta heavy but I'm looking forward to seeing Kouda and Jirou team up. There's not much about Kouda we know so it will be cool to see some development from him.

Also PLEASE SHOW HAKAGURE'S FIGHT!!!!

We also seem to forgeting something very important about this episode.

BLESS THAT FROG ASS!!!!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 10, 2017 10:16 AM

Apr 2017
so only 2 episodes left... of course the Deku match will be the season finale... It better be damned good.
Sep 10, 2017 10:28 AM

Mar 2013
It was a nice episode. I liked how the students defeated those teachers.

Momo is really cute. the really need some self-confidence.
Glad to see Aizawa willingly playing into her traps lol

That end tho. Lmao :v
Sep 10, 2017 10:35 AM

May 2015
They're bouncing! B)

Uraraka do you like him? :DDD
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 10, 2017 12:08 PM

Jul 2015
This was an awesome episode as always..

I loved how they have screen time to the characters get and the development.
Momo... yes... It's great to see her with her confidence back. I wonder what they'll do with her more into the show.
Sep 10, 2017 12:47 PM

Dec 2015
Tsuyu and Tokoyomi team did awesome, they both did an equally great job. This episode was basically focused on Yaoyorozu and Todoroki, it seems that she got her confidence back after this match!

Next episode with Midnight, she looked so hot in the PV!!!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 10, 2017 3:25 PM

Jun 2013
This episode was fucking awesome
Sep 10, 2017 3:31 PM

Sep 2016
uraraka has an obvious advantage with her zero gravity querk against thirteen. should cancel his power out completely actually. i wonder if they will fuck that up, probably not.
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Sep 10, 2017 7:34 PM
Aug 2017
I love how complex the characters in this anime can be. For exemple, Yaoyorozu have self-confidence problems and Todoroki have issues with his father...
Speaking on him, I'm taking liking for him each episode I watch. He can be pretty nice and friendly at times, and, despite his smartness, he's also a little naive too! Heh.

Anyway, I just love how Yaoyorozu started to believe more in herself. This remember the problems I have with my iinsecurity.

AND THE LAST SCENE JUST GOT ME, AHAHAHAHAHA!

Sep 10, 2017 7:52 PM

Jul 2016
I really liked this episode. Tokoyami and Tsuyu work really well together and the whole battle scene was enjoyable. I also liked watching Momo and Todoroki vs Eraser Head. Nice to see Todoroki realize that he should have talked things over with Momo and Momo gaining more confidence in herself. Excited to see Uraraka and Aoyama fight together! The preview was funny
Sep 10, 2017 8:16 PM
Oct 2011
Ivson_Gomes said:
Anyway, I just love how Yaoyorozu started to believe more in herself. This remember the problems I have with my iinsecurity.

Yup, this was good to see, really like her, hope to see her more often.

BONES has absolutely nailed this show.
DangerMouseDMSep 10, 2017 8:44 PM
Sep 10, 2017 9:13 PM

Oct 2014
Oh no Uraraka, your in deep shit, considering Midoriya is watching it live.

Also, Did Midoriya saw Momo boobs in the live screen? Lucky dude
Sep 11, 2017 6:11 AM

Nov 2015
I didn't know Yaoyorozu was that genius like cmon that was unexpected.
Sep 11, 2017 12:24 PM

Oct 2013
Yaoyorozu was awesome and cute. One of my favorite characters now
Sep 11, 2017 1:19 PM

Nov 2013
Yo does anyone know which track played in the last bit of team Todoroki's test?
Sep 11, 2017 1:53 PM
Jul 2017
This should be called the Ship hype Train episode! I loved all the fights:
Asui and Tokoyami had amazing teamwork, it was simply great
Tenya and Ojiro: how the heck didn't Ojiro get dizzy while rotating at that speed?!

Momo x Todoroki: best ship ever please let this be canon (insert other fanboy sentences here)
Sep 11, 2017 7:52 PM

Jul 2015
2 Minutes in and I was already proud of Tokoyami and Asui, was also proud of everyone else of course but they were the first ones. I look forward to hearing Uraraka's answer next episode.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Sep 11, 2017 8:01 PM
Jan 2015
12HD said:
I didn't know Yaoyorozu was that genius like cmon that was unexpected.
Well if you look back on season 1 during the matches in the building, she showcased she was extremely intelligent to the point she was overwhelming All Might with her knowledge, so its not like it came out of left field. Plus being a student who got into the academy through recommendations alone speaks volumes.
My Queens

Sep 11, 2017 10:09 PM

Sep 2009
SoraSenpai said:

Please no Ochako and Deku...please no. Like the ending was funny but please GOD NO. That's just generic.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of the other characters and their fights next week. I guess it will be Mineta heavy but I'm looking forward to seeing Kouda and Jirou team up. There's not much about Kouda we know so it will be cool to see some development from him.

BLESS THAT FROG ASS!!!!

Dat frog face doe. Tell me that's not erotic.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Sep 12, 2017 3:31 AM

Nov 2011
MortalMelancholy said:
SoraSenpai said:

BLESS THAT FROG ASS!!!!

Dat frog face doe. Tell me that's not erotic.

I feel like this scene was done on purpose though...I mean not that I mind. XD
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2017

192 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 1, 1:37 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

577 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 30, 6:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2017

198 by OodleString »»
Apr 29, 11:06 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

238 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 18, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

194 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 18, 3:54 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.