Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 18, 2017 5:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah more mysteries.

We got focus on the story of the Abyss and Ozen as well. Oh poor Riko and Reg, they got into a tough spot this episode but still manages to survive. (tbh, I think Reg took a huge risk to face off against Ozen) I really like how they manage to make Ozen really intimidating this episode.
Stark700Aug 18, 2017 8:52 AM
Aug 18, 2017 6:25 AM

Oct 2014
I think Ozen's nightmare face lost some of its effect because her mouth moved, but this episode was still a 9/10 for me.
Aug 18, 2017 6:48 AM
Jun 2011
the fight against ozen was pretty good and worth the wait
Aug 18, 2017 7:27 AM

Jul 2016
Truth revealed: Riko is actually an animated corpse/zombie just like the creepy dinner Ozen animated for the lulz...

And I love how direct and brutal Ozen's words are, especially the "...try leaving a defenseless child in the depth and imagine how the child get torn asunder. If you still need to, show no mercy."

5/5 episode. though the preview shows that I still have to wait to see
Aug 18, 2017 8:01 AM

Dec 2014
That was qute the revelation in the first half. So Riko got resurrected by the relic and has a limited lifespan that nobody knows when it will run out. Not to mention that her interest in the netherworld is also tied to the box.
The fight with Ozen was awesome, she did go serious mode but I thought she was actually going to kill them. Don't remember if they showed it before, but Reg's "irredeemable" seems to be what Lyza used to say; so they definitely met up before he lost his memory, while he was already active, and should know more about what happened to her.
AnathorAug 18, 2017 8:04 AM
Aug 18, 2017 8:16 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Ozen damn well had me completely fooled

The reveal about Riko's birth was dark and twisted but the delivery of that reveal from Ozen was even more twisted and I was just shocked, terrified and disgusted which is something that I really should have seen coming from her

That sudden switch in character was crazy but for her to literally beat the shit out of both Riko and Reg so effortlessly followed by the reveal of the enhancements that she has (Mind you that little brief lesson on all of the recorded white whistles came in handy in regards to hyping up Ozen), I was scared out of my mind for those kids - Great fight nonetheless though lol

Thankfully this was an all act because I dunno how I would have felt if she was serious but man, Ozen is even more twisted than I thought for pulling all that stuff off.....Regardless, I came out of this liking her a lot mainly because of that brief look at her relationship with Lyza and I think that it's sweet how she took her in as an apprentice.....You can tell that their dynamic was great based off of their dialogue with one another

Another great episode overall though and I'm quite excited to see that Ozen is going to be training them/testing their survival skills....Also I had the biggest smile on my face when she told them that Lyza really is alive lol
Aug 18, 2017 8:16 AM

Dec 2013
Seems Riko has a limited amount of time. That could be the reason why her mother called her down to the abyss.

Reg definitely needs some training. Training arc hype!

Ozen is utterly terrifying!
Aug 18, 2017 8:18 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Lot of shocking revelations this chapter, especially with the truth about that vessel. Riko was stillborn but was brought to life or rather was given the ability to move by that vessel. We have no clue how long she'll be able to continue living at this rate. We also got the truth about that thing we saw next episode.
Interesting bit of information about how all the reanimated things moved towards the center of the Abyss.

Ozen completely wrecked Reg and Riko in the fight though the latter didn't really do much.

Nice flashback with Lyza and Ozen.
Ozen certainly seems to know something about Reg. @Anathor is probably right, Reg might be linked to Lyza somehow because of the way he calls Ozen 'irredeemable'.

Good luck to our duo for surviving in the wilds for 10 days.

Aug 18, 2017 8:20 AM

Aug 2013
Ozen was pretty scary in this episode. She went full sadist mode on Reg. Riko being still born and being resurrected by the cube relic was a huge revelation. That also explains how she survived the Abyss. So that moving creature was a meat.

Well, it's Nice to know that Lyza is still alive.

Aug 18, 2017 8:29 AM

Jan 2015
Whoa, that really send shivers down my spine. Not about the fight but the moment Ozel told the truth about discovering her and explained about that white cube thing.
I'm starting to like the way Ozen talk, deliver the message through those harsh-sarcasm. And Marulk... Thank you very much for being a considerate person.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 18, 2017 8:31 AM

Jun 2015
So the thing Riko saw was a piece of meat that was turned alive when Ozen put it in the vessel. The same thing happened to Riko. She was dead when her mother delivered her and Ozen put her in the vessel. Ozen completely wrecked Reg in that fight. She was testing him. Nice flashback with her and Lyza. She is still alive. Now Reg and Riko are going to try to survive for ten days. I wish them luck.
Aug 18, 2017 8:47 AM

Sep 2012
Finally the ep I was waiting for. They did a good job with it.

BUT

Why did they show the half of the flashback? We missed the best part of it. Probably we will see that next week oh well.

Also claps for Sakamoto Maaya with Lyza
Aug 18, 2017 8:48 AM

Apr 2016
Ozen = best girl.

Looks like training part starts next week.

Manga spoiler up to the last chapter:

sasalx said:
Why did they show the half of the flashback? We missed the best part of it.

Yeah i was wondering same thing, that dialogue was great :/
Aug 18, 2017 8:49 AM
May 2017
this one was pretty intense, only complaint is that they didnt make ozen any edgier than she already is lol

the fighting style was a little unexpected in my opinion, but its a new style to me which i enjoyed

i feel like voice actor for reg could have had a little more expression in the fighting scene, otherwise good stuff
Aug 18, 2017 9:03 AM

Apr 2013
Jesus Christ this was a nice change of pace, like seriously I love how tense the first half of this episode was, the OST used during this EP also enhanced the tension in this episode, it was amazing can't wait for next week's episode!

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Aug 18, 2017 9:21 AM

Nov 2016
Very good episode.

The circumstances of Rikos birth astounded me.

The fight against Ozen was quite intense and I felt the despair of Regu going up against her. Ozen put on an amazing act and she' becoming more and more my favorite character in this show. Also because she's has more than one layer to her character and definitely more good natured than one might think at the first glance.

And damn we even get a (survival)trainings session,I'm a real sucker for dat shit, this gives some extra points in my notebook.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 18, 2017 9:24 AM
Jun 2011
Swagernator said:
Ozen = best girl.

Looks like training part starts next week.

Manga spoiler up to the last chapter:

sasalx said:
Why did they show the half of the flashback? We missed the best part of it.

Yeah i was wondering same thing, that dialogue was great :/
i think they will show the rest of the flashback next episode during their training
Aug 18, 2017 9:42 AM

Jul 2016
I knew people said the series got dark but geez, that was really freakin' fast!

I don't think this was really the best episode yet. I take back what I said about Ozin last episode, because she was just over-the-top silly and I could not take her seriously. On the plus side I'm glad we got to see some of those cave raders that were sadly missing in the previous episode.

Lastly, it was a mildly interesting development that Riko is technically a zombie but I have my doubts that it'll actually lead anywhere.
Aug 18, 2017 9:57 AM

Aug 2010
Best ep so far.

The Riko reveal, the Lyza flashback and confirmation, All the Ozen sadistic creepy shit and finally training incoming! With the Penkin-kun music. Amazing episode
Aug 18, 2017 9:59 AM

Jun 2016
well in the end i like it even that ozen beat the little girl well i don't care about that shouta robot because he well built.. ozen you are irredeemable... i hope there is more to explain about the world it self...
I-TECiAug 18, 2017 10:02 AM
Aug 18, 2017 10:09 AM
Aug 2013
TheGreatMizuti said:
I knew people said the series got dark but geez, that was really freakin' fast!

Let`s say that this episode was a bit darker but trust me fckd up is a more appropiate word for what`s to come
Aug 18, 2017 10:23 AM

Jan 2015
This adaptation is impeccable
Awesome episode, guess they will show the full flashback best week

@TheGreatMizumi lol, this wasn't even dark, compared to the next three arcs.
Aug 18, 2017 10:25 AM

Sep 2016
Xenocrisi said:

at this pacing the anime won't even reach it
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Aug 18, 2017 10:27 AM

Jan 2015

GangsterCat said:
Xenocrisi said:

I know that, I Was just saying
Aug 18, 2017 11:33 AM

Sep 2014
Ozen creeps me out. This anime is pure gold!
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 18, 2017 11:33 AM

Sep 2013
Ozen with the tough test, beating reg and riko is useless :'(
They now go training.
Aug 18, 2017 12:01 PM

Feb 2016
Can any of the web manga readers inform me of how the pacing is so far? Because unfortunately there are only 13 episodes and they're still only in the early stages of their journey it seems like. (Without spoiling ofc)

Is it possible for a conclusive ending or could their be a second season because I am really enjoying this so far.
Aug 18, 2017 12:20 PM

Apr 2017
Kuriji said:
Can any of the web manga readers inform me of how the pacing is so far? Because unfortunately there are only 13 episodes and they're still only in the early stages of their journey it seems like. (Without spoiling ofc)

Is it possible for a conclusive ending or could their be a second season because I am really enjoying this so far.

As far as the manga is, there is definitely material for a second season, even though it is not probably enough of it for another cour. Id say there is material for like 18-20 episodes so far. The pace slowed down signicantly, becuase before the Ozen arc I wondered if we'll have it split into 2 or 3 episodes and now we know the latter is true (that's just a little spoiler). Now they are takeing every single panel, window, sentence and word from the manga, every single one of them.
Aug 18, 2017 12:23 PM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Sadly, even if the episode was good, they removed a part of Lyza's past compared to the manga. Hope that they add that part in the future because there is a reason WHY Ozen is training Riko. Surprised me that they didn't add that part.

Kuriji said:

The pacing is good. They had covered 16 chapters of the manga (42 - 43 published so far). The training is chapter 17. A possible ending.... no maybe arriving a particular layer (won't want to spoil with details). They need a second season to add several features that aren't going to be in the animation, but after removing half of Lyza and Ozen past, I lost all possible hope for a second season.

Aug 18, 2017 12:28 PM

Apr 2017
PipeBoss said:
Sadly, even if the episode was good, they removed a part of Lyza's past compared to the manga. Hope that they add that part in the future because there is a reason WHY Ozen is training Riko. Surprised me that they didn't add that part.

Kuriji said:

The pacing is good. They had covered 16 chapters of the manga (42 - 43 published so far). The training is chapter 17. A possible ending.... no maybe arriving a particular layer (won't want to spoil with details). They need a second season to add several features that aren't going to be in the animation, but after removing half of Lyza and Ozen past, I lost all possible hope for a second season.

It is obvious the remaining part of the flashback will be next episode, 100% sure. No need to worry or be dismayed.
Aug 18, 2017 12:32 PM

Mar 2011

I found it kind of funny and cute how Ozen stares at the cube and smiles
Aug 18, 2017 12:39 PM
Jun 2011
Xenocrisi said:

GangsterCat said:

I know that, I Was just saying
and i glad that they wont reach that far . there are some over the top things need to be saved for anoudher season if there will be one
Aug 18, 2017 12:47 PM

Apr 2012
i love ozen and her va is perfect for the role

Quite the twist that Riko is actually an animated stillborn.

Aug 18, 2017 12:51 PM

Jun 2012
First anal probing from Riko, now Ozen "test" They really love abusing poor Reg :)
Aug 18, 2017 1:10 PM

Aug 2013
So...if Ozen trained Lyza, then that means Ozen must be GILF level. Anywho, what a friggin thrill ride this episode was. Ozen had me completely fooled playing that possible villain card and then just outright troll everyone with the dank sarcasm. Man I think I really wanna read this manga now because my hype is on fire for more.
Don't believe the hype.
Aug 18, 2017 1:39 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ozen, bringing a new meaning to tough love. What a terrifying yet badass character.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 18, 2017 2:18 PM

Nov 2016
I really love this anime. Such an amazing world and awesome characters.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2017 3:15 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
First half was incredible, intensity was off the charts.

Ozen is truly awesome even though she has..uh..her own way to deal with people that want to descend further down xD o__O

Survival training, huh? That will be intense as well i would assume, can't wait.
Aug 18, 2017 3:50 PM

Mar 2016
Ozen is very scary...dark and mysterious as well...almost inhuman and she wasn't holding much back for testing Riko and Reg!

Overall it was a really good episode that had me on the edge of my seat and in the end we see a small glimpse of the humanity left in Ozen as she remembers her time mentoring Lyza...it was almost sad because it shows how much the abyss has depleted Ozen's humanity and emotions.

I'm excited to see how Riko and Reg stand up to Ozen's ridiculously high standards in the survival training
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Aug 18, 2017 4:19 PM

May 2015
Ouzen is one creepy character, but so damn powerful. That part was just way too intense.

Survival training should be interesting as well.

Aug 18, 2017 4:50 PM

Dec 2012
Scalpelexis said:
Kuriji said:

As far as the manga is, there is definitely material for a second season, even though it is not probably enough of it for another cour. Id say there is material for like 18-20 episodes so far. The pace slowed down signicantly, becuase before the Ozen arc I wondered if we'll have it split into 2 or 3 episodes and now we know the latter is true (that's just a little spoiler). Now they are takeing every single panel, window, sentence and word from the manga, every single one of them.

I feel a little biased, but it seems when i read manga and watch the anime of a manga on a weekly basis, the pacing seems to feel slow. But i like it. This story deserves to be told in it's full. Let's just hope we get a 2nd season of it
Aug 18, 2017 5:54 PM
Jan 2016
What the heck was Ozen saying about Reg being an Aubade?
Aug 18, 2017 6:15 PM

Mar 2014
A bit of a let down, tbh. I was expecting a lot from this fight, but it was just ok. The manga did it better.
Aug 18, 2017 6:22 PM

Mar 2016
After all this episodes this sh*t stills surprise me!
Mother fuck*ng fuck*r!

10/10 episode
Aug 18, 2017 6:29 PM

Apr 2008
Wow, Riko is technically a zombie. So we don't have to be afraid of her dying, because she's already dead to begin with :D
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this signature is unavailable in your region.
Aug 18, 2017 6:37 PM

Mar 2014
they wasted the whole last ep to do nothing. this ep should focus on

Mod edit: added spoiler
BrandonAug 26, 2017 9:42 AM
Aug 18, 2017 7:08 PM

Apr 2014
So basically Ozen is immortal?
Aug 18, 2017 7:17 PM

Dec 2016
Awesome episode, especially the first half. Reveal was really well done. I'm really excited to see where it goes.
Aug 18, 2017 7:42 PM

Jun 2017
Another boring episode.

Ozen:

"I hate you Riko. Yes, for no apparent reason."

"Fight me, robot kid."

"Just kidding! It was a test. I guess I'll train you now."

"Riko, you were dead and this thing reanimated you. Because reasons."

"Oh and also I reanimated some meat and half of it got away."

Meh. Probably dropping this.
Aug 18, 2017 8:18 PM

Apr 2015
Ozen is fucked up.

I hope they will survive alone.

3/5
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2017

769 by zaddysenpai89 »»
May 13, 10:16 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2017

202 by karut-kun »»
May 8, 4:28 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2017

236 by karut-kun »»
May 8, 3:52 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2017

352 by karut-kun »»
May 8, 3:23 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2017

180 by eWEQRW123123 »»
Apr 19, 7:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.