Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 5, 2010 5:29 PM

Feb 2009
Wow, best episode yet! Shizuo is one hell of a badass motherfucker. He seems to get more badass with each episode. Izaya as well, except he's apparently a mastermind.

This episode made me hate Seiji even more than before. Ugh, his character is just extraordinarily annoying beyond belief.
Mar 5, 2010 6:08 PM
Apr 2009
One of the most epic episodes so far.

This episode tells you that Izaya is one of the users from the chatroom. Near the end when he was spinning in his chair, he went to check on the chatroom, but everyone that goes to it was busy.

Crazy stuff. XD
Mar 5, 2010 6:09 PM

Feb 2008
KayChan4U said:
Don't worry Izaya, I love you ;D
I fell in love with him even more after he got all excited about his love for people.

Shizu-chan is this episode was kick-ass! I laughed when he walked away after headbutting Seiji with a pen still in his leg. Shizuo. <3

The whole Selty thing was crazy. Really looking forward to next episode with Selty and Mikado talking to each other! God, this series is awesome.
Mar 5, 2010 6:37 PM

Jul 2008
so celty's head is on another girls body, who was stalking that seiji guy who killed her. i can understand his sister loves him and all, but she needs to get him some help
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 5, 2010 6:51 PM

May 2009
The shit hit the fan this week and I loved it. Seiji is one twisted dude. His sister twisted too. Keep me far, far away from that family. Shizuo and Izaya show exactly why they are the best characters on this show. Mikado loves to run away with women, whether they're his or someone else's. Poor Celty! Seriously, what's she going to do with the thing that's attached to her head once she get it back?! It's all so crazy, but so much fun to watch.
Mar 5, 2010 7:47 PM

Aug 2009
Oh hell oh hell oh hell. This episode just rocked. I can' believe I'm getting this excited watching anime. This series just seize me in amazement.

I just love all the characters in this anime. Shizuo is fuckin manly and Mikado is becoming more interesting than before. Izaya truly shines in this episode; ''I JUST LOVE HUMANS!". Inoright?...

Next episode basically promised us to be crazy. I just can't wait for it.
Mar 5, 2010 7:53 PM
Jan 2010
Seiji annoys me and Namie's obsessive love is creepy yet that cool/collected chief side of her is pretty cool. I love seeing those Celty + Shizuo scenes. It's interesting how these two completely different people are friends.

Le gasp! "Celty/Mika" speaks.
And, maybe someone already mentioned this, but when Celty/Mika got a text on her cell towards the end of the episode, containing:

'Are you safe? Where are you now?', it was from: nakura@tomail.com
And we all know who Nakura is.

I feel so bad for Celty. She was so frustrated and sounded so helpless when Shinra asked her if she was gonna cut her head off that body for her own sake. ):
Mar 5, 2010 8:09 PM

Aug 2009
I know waaaaay too many people like Seiji (ie, obnoxiously sure of their "love" and "soul mates"), so it was quite satisfying to see Shizuo kick the crap out of him. You don't how much I've wanted to that to those people (well, not *exactly* like that. I can't exactly throw someone a block and a half).

Mikado's centrality is also developing. I was beginning to think that for the "main character" he wasn't showing up too much, but now it looks like he will be finding himself thrown into the middle of everything. Should be good. I'm also assuming that the piece Izaya puts on his board at the end of the episode is supposed to be Mikado.

"Should probably get a band-aid before I take it out. Nah, maybe superglue would be better."
Ha-cha!
Mar 5, 2010 8:29 PM

Jul 2008
So Harima Mika is dead right? Whose brains/personality is in the body now?
Mar 5, 2010 8:45 PM

Apr 2009
INCEST IS BEST, PUT YOUR SISTER TO THE TEST! >;D

That said, screw Seiji. Freaking kidnapping Selty's head.... I am disappoint. :|

k0k0 said:

Shizuou is God.
Izaya is Satan.

Also, this.
Mar 5, 2010 8:47 PM

Jul 2008
Brilliant Episode~

HUMAN RABU FTW!!
Mar 5, 2010 8:48 PM
Nov 2008
Selty with a head is my favorite.

That is all.
Mar 5, 2010 8:58 PM

Jun 2009
GarLogan78 said:
So Harima Mika is dead right? Whose brains/personality is in the body now?

Well the brain would naturally be the one which was in Celty's head, but her personality seems to be more like Mika (who is believed to have stalked Seiji).

This echoes something that Shinra said a few episodes back, about how fascinating it is that Celty's personality and other features are there without an actual brain...so I think we can all see where the plot is going.
Waiting for: God Eater (PSP)

私が、探偵だからよ。
Mar 5, 2010 9:14 PM

May 2009
How is this anime so damn good? It just keeps surprising me with awesome every episode. Seriously, there's not a single character that I don't like or find interesting.

Seiji using ballpoint pens as weapons was weird; didn't seem to be very effective against Shizuo though. Shizuo is badass.
Mar 5, 2010 9:33 PM

Jan 2008
Damn I hate the Yagiri siblings...
Mar 5, 2010 9:41 PM
Mar 2010
mikado..he isn't rich.. he covers his own expenses outside of school fees so it is to be expected..

and the chatroom is empty.. because izaya made them busy ... with all the Harima thing..
Mar 5, 2010 9:47 PM

Nov 2007
OH MY GOD, there's so many things i wanna comment on.

1) i finally found a character in this series that i dislike. GUESS WHO. seiji. ( surprise surprise lmao ) yagiri siblings are pretty psycho. & their rotten psychotic attitude isn't the good type of psycho either. >8[
2) MIKADO, STOP GRABBING PRETTY GIRLS' HANDS & AVOID POKING YOUR NOSE INTO OTHER PEOPLE'S BUSINESS.
3) "i love people" scene was kinda lame; BUT I STILL LIKE IT SINCE IT'S MY FAVE IZAYA LINE. 8) i just wanted the whole "mikado come to me ehehehe /creeps" follow-up scene. :[
4) seiji looked like a dumbass when he attacked shizzy with pens, LMAO. way2go, idiot.
Mar 5, 2010 9:57 PM

Dec 2009
francismeunier said:
Oh God....oh....please don't tell me Seiji did kill Harima at that appartment....that Harima who is the friend of Anri......that the current head is Harima's head and her body has Celty's head and that head even talks..O_O Oh God I am so :o and also O_O at this. So Gruesome Scene I must say.
k0k0 said:
Seiji must be a mental patient. He's obsessed with that girl So the girl he killed was probably Anri's friend...so am I to assume that the body belongs to that friend and the head to Celty, and fused together, we have this Harima/Celty combo girl who, as I discovered in this episode, CAN speak and is crazy about Seiji and has no record of her own lifetime.
i could swear they showed the murder scene in a previous ep... ...or maybe i read it...

ringoo4 said:
Izaya truly shines in this episode; ''I JUST LOVE HUMANS!". Inoright?...
...i want to know why izaya always talks about humans... as if he is not one himself...

jog said:
MIKADO, STOP GRABBING PRETTY GIRLS' HANDS & START RUNNING AWAY WITH THEM
lol, the boy's got a talent for being in the right place
Mar 5, 2010 10:07 PM

Sep 2009
Why am I not digging Namie or Seiji? Both of them are total creepers. Regardless, the episode was beasting. Maybe it was Shizuo getting stabbed through the hand and just shrugging it off. Or Celty and her motorbike chase after her head. Or just Izaya's craziness in general.

Also, was that Mikado's house??
Mar 5, 2010 10:21 PM

Jul 2009
Nottori said:
Why am I not digging Namie or Seiji? Both of them are total creepers. Regardless, the episode was beasting. Maybe it was Shizuo getting stabbed through the hand and just shrugging it off. Or Celty and her motorbike chase after her head. Or just Izaya's craziness in general.

Seiji is a lameass but Namie looks interesting for me. I like beautiful evil character :P
Shizuo is badass,nuff said.Yeah Mikado apartment looks like that,he just move plus he's a student thats the place he can afford to stay.

Namie is mobilizing her henchmen to find that girl,hope Mikado should get some help quickly or he in deep trouble....
Mar 5, 2010 10:31 PM

Mar 2009
This episode was awesome.
I enjoy Namie character greatly, through Seiji is just an creep. I enjoyed those few minutes of Shizuo throwing him around like a rag doll greatly.
Mar 5, 2010 11:20 PM

Mar 2009
That last part of the episode with Izaya was brilliant
Mar 5, 2010 11:41 PM

Sep 2008
Shit doesn't even hurt.
Mar 6, 2010 12:46 AM

Oct 2009
k0k0 said:
OrochiPL said:
memoi567 said:
What is up with Namie having feeling for her brother...ewwwwwwwwwww

It's a japanese anime based on japanese novel. I'm more and more convinced that incest isn't anything abnormal in Japan.

The fact that it's not abnormal is freaky. I'll try to see it in a 'brotherly/sisterly love' way.

Namie's evil. I'm convinced.
Maybe she just loves him too much as in over the norm...<_<
Wasabi said:
monkatx said:
Hmm. What a great episode. But I am not so sure about head switch. Wouldn’t it be easier to just make Harima look like Celty, than actually switching their heads? It would benefit all sides. Namie would have the head and wouldn’t have to worry about it disappearing again, Saji would have his Celty and Mika would have her Saji. Maybe I think too much. Well, what a weird family and couple they make.

Well I'm assuming Harima is already dead when Namie first found Seiji after he stole the head so they can't exactly lop Harima's own head back on and everything would be dandy. Celty, being a supposedly immortal being, her head won't exactly "die" so they stuck that on and the body reanimated itself with the head or something something?
The body was compatible with the head so yeah it did reanimate itself......but the reverse process can be possible with one thing it is got to be magic and I hope you believe.....seriously other than that I don't know what else it can be.....maybe a reason we don't know since the original might be preserved somewhere like in that same container......Namie could be lying to her uncle about that head being the one he got first....
Jennichigo said:
TechDragon said:
Celty was so close!

ImageGif By francismeunier

Indeed This was EPIC.

Haha, love the gif.

Oh sure take or host it on your profile......take my link but thanks...I try to GIF make people happy! :D

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 6, 2010 1:38 AM

Aug 2009
ilikeyouevenmore said:
ringoo4 said:
Izaya truly shines in this episode; ''I JUST LOVE HUMANS!". Inoright?...
...i want to know why izaya always talks about humans... as if he is not one himself...
However, Izaya is still human. He is an informant. So, he looks upon everything happening in that city. That makes him somewhat 'god like'. I guess that's why.

I'm pretty sure that Izaya came to Ikebukuro because of Rhugamine Mikado. I wonder why... Also, Izaya said there are so much things that even Izaya himself does not know. So, I'm assuming there is something even bigger behind all these yagiri pharmacy, dullahan, dollars things.

In addtion, Seiji is a whiny fag.
Mar 6, 2010 2:19 AM

Jun 2009
francismeunier said:
Wasabi said:
monkatx said:
Hmm. What a great episode. But I am not so sure about head switch. Wouldn’t it be easier to just make Harima look like Celty, than actually switching their heads? It would benefit all sides. Namie would have the head and wouldn’t have to worry about it disappearing again, Saji would have his Celty and Mika would have her Saji. Maybe I think too much. Well, what a weird family and couple they make.

Well I'm assuming Harima is already dead when Namie first found Seiji after he stole the head so they can't exactly lop Harima's own head back on and everything would be dandy. Celty, being a supposedly immortal being, her head won't exactly "die" so they stuck that on and the body reanimated itself with the head or something something?

The body was compatible with the head so yeah it did reanimate itself......but the reverse process can be possible with one thing it is got to be magic and I hope you believe.....seriously other than that I don't know what else it can be.....maybe a reason we don't know since the original might be preserved somewhere like in that same container......Namie could be lying to her uncle about that head being the one he got first....

If you assume that Harima is dead then this is the only way. But Saji said that he MIGHT be killer. That means he didn’t check if she is dead or not. She may be seriously injured, but alive. She could have been saved by those scientist. They experiment with people, but there is no reason to attach their most prized possession on girl who stalks Namie's brother, with unknown result. Not to mention she still has her own personality and no memories of Celty. It can work with Celty and her immortal body, but humans don’t work that way. So I will stay with my theory that she still has her own head, until we will get confirmation how it really is.
Mar 6, 2010 3:14 AM

Mar 2009
Shizuo reminds me of Whitebeard xD
Mar 6, 2010 3:18 AM

Jan 2008
I have too many thoughts about this episode and this show in general to type it up here without typing pages and pages, but I'll say this one thing, and it's extremely profane and will probably have a lot of caps lock, so I'll place it in spoilers to hide it from more innocent eyes.

Mar 6, 2010 3:27 AM

Jun 2009
Nottori said:

It's an apartment he rented while going to school in Ikebukuro. His family is living in the countryside, remember?

Jog said:
2) MIKADO, STOP GRABBING PRETTY GIRLS' HANDS & AVOID POKING YOUR NOSE INTO OTHER PEOPLE'S BUSINESS.

He's got his reasons believe me...

私が、探偵だからよ。
Mar 6, 2010 3:31 AM

Feb 2009
Panaru said:

Annoying ranting is annoying
Anyways,good episode.I already spoiled myself,so the impact was not that big.Some parts felt forced.Other than that,Izaya is brilliant as ussual and he makes a pretty good pair with Namie.
Urufuzu_reinMar 6, 2010 3:35 AM
"This Forest isn't going to reveal all its secrets for the likes of you."
Mar 6, 2010 3:33 AM

Oct 2009
Panaru said:
I have too many thoughts about this episode and this show in general to type it up here without typing pages and pages, but I'll say this one thing, and it's extremely profane and will probably have a lot of caps lock, so I'll place it in spoilers to hide it from more innocent eyes.

The message in the spoiler...best insult to Seiji ever! You my man said most likely what I was thinking the first time I saw this in RAW and trust me I had a hard time of keeping it in....you just let it out for me.....thank you so much! Was thinking about Seiji exactly like when I am angry at him....about Shizuo....he did not know but if he does....pretty sure he will give him a beating.....
francismeunierMar 6, 2010 3:39 AM

Mar 6, 2010 3:53 AM
Jul 2018
Wow things are getting very interesting now, the plot is finally developping at a fast pace. I'm happy about this ^^

I'm starting to HATE this Seiji, and Shizuo powa !! xD
Mar 6, 2010 4:00 AM

Jan 2008
Urufuzu_rein said:

Anyways,good episode.I already spoiled myself,so the impact was not that big.Some parts felt forced.Other than that,Izaya is brilliant as ussual and he makes a pretty good pair with Namie.

Lol, way to read something in spoiler tags that you had to manually choose to click on and manually choose to read and then complaining.

francismeunier said:
The message in the spoiler...best insult to Seiji ever! You my man said most likely what I was thinking the first time I saw this in RAW and trust me I had a hard time of keeping it in....you just let it out for me.....thank you so much! Was thinking about Seiji exactly like when I am angry at him....about Shizuo....he did not know but if he does....pretty sure he will give him a beating.....

Yeah well <_< I couldn't contain my rage.
Mar 6, 2010 4:03 AM

Jun 2009
Urufuzu_rein said:
Panaru said:

I second that!

And just to throw some oil into the flame...I like Namie und Seiji.
It's not like Seiji did more than defend himself...

私が、探偵だからよ。
Mar 6, 2010 4:24 AM

Aug 2008
Was Celty slightly embarrased explaining Kishitani that she spent some time with Heiwajima or is it just my imagination? :>

I smell possibility for Shizuo x Celty.
Mar 6, 2010 4:27 AM

Mar 2010
Good episode, but severely lacking of Erika...(and Walker...).
Mar 6, 2010 4:36 AM

Aug 2008
Ximinez said:
Was Celty slightly embarrased explaining Kishitani that she spent some time with Heiwajima or is it just my imagination? :>

She was, i think so as well.
Altho I don't suppose they'll turn it into triangle. After all Celty already admited she thinks she feels love while being around shinra.
NiklaiMar 6, 2010 5:27 AM
Mar 6, 2010 4:47 AM

Oct 2009
seizonsha said:
Urufuzu_rein said:
Panaru said:

I second that!

And just to throw some oil into the flame...I like Namie und Seiji.
It's not like Seiji did more than defend himself...

I am sorry but since when was Harima was ever a danger by just being a stalker? Last I heard she was only following Seiji around....if he snapped then the rage is justified but if she attacked him then it's defense.....there is nothing that said she attacked......she was freaked out about the head in the jar......maybe because it looked like her head?

Mar 6, 2010 5:10 AM

Aug 2008
She was persistent. Seiji talked her off a few times, and smashed her with baseball once to back off and stop stalking him. She obviously didn't. And most stalkers are eventually becoming a threat - not really for their object (unless it's harcore case in which stalker kills his/her obsession in fear of being rejected - like 'if i can't have you, noone will'), just for everyone who are important to stalked person. It's just patological psychology, nothing good ever comes down from it.
Of course it doesn't justify murder, on the other hand it's freaking important to plot, after all show would be kinda boring without this course of actions.

btw i didn't read novel or manga, so this info was either given to us a while back in show or i happen to remember it from someone talking about what scenes are missing from manga. Either way i don't spoiler tag it. It's more like fun fact than something significant
NiklaiMar 6, 2010 5:15 AM
Mar 6, 2010 5:41 AM

Mar 2009
Niklai said:
Ximinez said:

Altho I don't suppose they'll turn it into triangle. After all Celty already admited she thinks she feels love while being around shinra.
yeah, I noticed .. and possibly jealous Shinra .. although I agree so far it doesn't look like there'll be any Shizuo x Selty romance .. they're real good friends though, as far as Shizuo being 'OOC' with her

Selty or Celty ?
Mar 6, 2010 5:49 AM

Jul 2009
koteg-senpai said:
Niklai said:
Ximinez said:

yeah, I noticed .. and possibly jealous Shinra .. although I agree so far it doesn't look like there'll be any Shizuo x Selty romance .. they're real good friends though, as far as Shizuo being 'OOC' with her

Selty or Celty ?

Celty for precise since she's is Irish fairy so it makes more sense it spelled Celty than Selty though both are right.But I go for Celty since the novel address her as Celty.
Mar 6, 2010 6:03 AM

Oct 2009
koteg-senpai said:
Niklai said:
Ximinez said:

That part where Shinra holds Celty's hand should prove all about love between them and Celty did not mind......I do agree there is the possibility of Celty x Shizuo but it depends in which direction it goes (example: Shinra dies).

Mar 6, 2010 6:04 AM

Jun 2009
francismeunier said:

I am sorry but since when was Harima was ever a danger by just being a stalker? Last I heard she was only following Seiji around....if he snapped then the rage is justified but if she attacked him then it's defense.....there is nothing that said she attacked......she was freaked out about the head in the jar......maybe because it looked like her head?

Or maybe Harima did something that was even more creepy and deranged than anybody else did so far. Those stalkers go extreme length to please the object of their desire...

私が、探偵だからよ。
Mar 6, 2010 6:14 AM

Oct 2009
seizonsha said:
francismeunier said:

Or maybe Harima did something that was even more creepy and deranged than anybody else did so far. Those stalkers go extreme length to please the object of their desire...
I agree with that but there was nothing said about it so let's assume she over freaked out and panicked......she then tried to get rid of the head and Seiji then snapped.

Mar 6, 2010 6:58 AM

Jun 2009
seizonsha said:
francismeunier said:

Yes, she did.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 6, 2010 7:08 AM

Dec 2007
Um wow that's the only thing i can say about this episode...oh and Shizuo is awesome. Someone needs to get that man a band-aid or superglue xDD. As for Seiji I wasn't a big fan of him anyway so this episode really didn't hurt my opinion of him. I am however wondering whats going to happen the next time Mika comes in contact with Selty or vice-versa.
Mar 6, 2010 7:45 AM

Oct 2009
im thinking wat'll probably happen is they find mika-with-cetly's-head, behead her, seiji carries her corpse around or something >.> those siblings are a bunch of crazies man! stabbing with ballpoint and falling in love with your own sibling...whoa. i mean seiji actually f***ing killed poor mika man. OMG. if mikado comes to know, im sure he wouldnt want a "happening" life anymore -_-
and i think kida was a dollars or some color gang member...<-off topic
I CANT EFFING WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE!!!! =X i love this show XD
il love you izaya ;D
Mar 6, 2010 9:18 AM

Oct 2009
madsin92 said:
whoa. i mean seiji actually f***ing killed poor mika man. OMG. if mikado comes to know, im sure he wouldnt want a "happening" life anymore -_-
Imagine what would Anri do.......go crazy?
madsin92 said:
il love you izaya ;D
Izaya can be my brother anytime......but being your lover.....at least treat him good! :D

Mar 6, 2010 10:27 AM

Nov 2009
Yay! Maybe Mikado can become important to the plot. Right now he is just associated with people, but he has barely done anything important. The fact that he bumped into Mika was indeed a bit forced, but shows are interesting because of that.
Can't wait for him to be hunted down by all these people ^.^
Mar 6, 2010 10:32 AM

Mar 2010
Actually, right now it may seem forced, but, judging by what I've learned of Mikado based on spoilers and the light novel, my theory is it wasn't THAT much of an accident.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

234 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

456 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

331 by Karva1 »»
Apr 19, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.