Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 20, 2017 9:42 PM
Dec 2016
Martin_Taylor said:
@emilyhime19 Ok, young hime-sama I got it :D, no need to be defensive, I don't know anything about this show, just watched first two episodes. I will give a try to that. But I swear to kami, if some of those guys will show too much affection for each other... But Oda, you said? I knew that one will be interesting.

I am not means to come off as defensive. Sorry for if it seems that way to you. I just want to explain the historical aspect of the show to new watchers. I am a little enthusiastic when it comes to history.
Jul 22, 2017 7:23 PM

Feb 2013
I enjoy this anime better when it sticks to the action. I don't find the characters very interesting.

As far as modifying time goes... the "bad guys" don't have to do the assassination when they only have to cause enough changes for it to happen on its own. It's too early to tell at this point though.
Aug 3, 2017 3:12 AM

Dec 2013
Characters already seem meh.

Ending got a little more interesting.
Aug 9, 2017 4:15 AM

Jan 2014
Like the animation, love the period setting, but go full cringe at the characters every time. Everything about the writing just screams mediocrity.

Dropped 5/10
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Aug 11, 2017 1:34 PM

Dec 2012
ah I love love love the art of this show
Aug 19, 2017 8:04 AM
Mar 2012
Holy grail ring spitting more swords...
Duno why, liking Izumi more, maybe nice va. Tonbokiri & the rest are ok, but not the haughtypants.
Having survived Hanamaru, the slow char intros were ok.
Well Hijikata is famous & appeared in at least Drifters too, shinsengumi crossover when?
Enemies more interesting & seem well planned than the mains.
Ufo & their Kalafina
What does the fox say? el psy congroo, and butterfly effect ain't exist yet.
Dec 10, 2018 6:17 PM

Aug 2007
I got to say, if the idea is to get Japan to start a war with some other country then why even do anything at all? Japan manages to do that fairly often without any shadowy goblins wrecking havoc and 'changing' history. If anything, getting Japan *not* to engage in bloody wars would way more of a change to history, just go ask, say, Korea *and the whole rest of Asia*.

Not that it matters all that much, this isn't exactly a history lesson but it amuses me to no end.

Still, I'm liking this better than the Hanamaru anime. For starters, there is a sense of an overarching plot even if it's still ill-defined, the Fox does something other than be cute and Saniwa actually appears and does stuff as well as opposed to being a NEET.
Mar 22, 3:51 PM

Sep 2020
Why is this guy so surprised by a steamship? Isn't he supposed to be from the future? Is he stupid?
Mar 22, 4:02 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to Nocturnal
I got to say, if the idea is to get Japan to start a war with some other country then why even do anything at all? Japan manages to do that fairly often without any shadowy goblins wrecking havoc and 'changing' history. If anything, getting Japan *not* to engage in bloody wars would way more of a change to history, just go ask, say, Korea *and the whole rest of Asia*.

Not that it matters all that much, this isn't exactly a history lesson but it amuses me to no end.

Still, I'm liking this better than the Hanamaru anime. For starters, there is a sense of an overarching plot even if it's still ill-defined, the Fox does something other than be cute and Saniwa actually appears and does stuff as well as opposed to being a NEET.
@Nocturnal This is such an hilariously ironic comment given how in the last 1000 years Japan has only been involved in foreign wars in the period 1860-1950 and during the 1590s.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2017

46 by WienGirl »»
May 3, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2017

51 by WienGirl »»
May 1, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2017

88 by Ryuzaki775 »»
Jul 12, 2022 11:44 AM

Poll: » Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2017

246 by A-Simple-Squire »»
Mar 20, 2022 2:24 PM

» Can I watch this without watching Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru first?

Kirukato05 - Sep 9, 2021

2 by Kirukato05 »»
Sep 10, 2021 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.