Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2010 8:26 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, finally, it's here.

Once again, Taurus vs. Bennu is the focus this time. Animation as consistent as always (OVA after all) although Kagaho's futile punches at Rasgado's chest was a bit stupid. He should have punched him more on the face like the first time....

Bennu, despite not being one of the three judges, definitely possess skills that can match them to a certain degree....

But Taurus has amazing endurance, as we will see in the next episode.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 27, 2010 4:12 PM

Apr 2009
Nice,i think it's a bit stupid he paunch'ing the golden armor when there's a entire face to do a One-hit-KO but ok...maybe guys from Saint Seiya are stupid after all.
Feb 28, 2010 7:40 AM

Jun 2009
\o/ Aldebaran vs Kagaho
Finally started

Kingwel said:
Nice,i think it's a bit stupid he paunch'ing the golden armor when there's a entire face to do a One-hit-KO but ok...maybe guys from Saint Seiya are stupid after all.

Yeah it's very stupid XD

Feb 28, 2010 2:50 PM

Jun 2007
wakka9ca said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
So, finally, it's here.

Once again, Taurus vs. Bennu is the focus this time. Animation as consistent as always (OVA after all) although Kagaho's futile punches at Rasgado's chest was a bit stupid. He should have punched him more on the face like the first time....

Bennu, despite not being one of the three judges, definitely possess skills that can match them to a certain degree....

Where did you find it? Is there a group that just released it?
Mar 1, 2010 3:43 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
DeathfireD said:
wakka9ca said:
So, finally, it's here.

Where did you find it? Is there a group that just released it?

Unfortunately, raws and Chinese subs are the only one available for now. Gleam will release (they are subbing from Chinese I think) soon enough.

Chinese subs are the fastest subs in the world. They get usually released within 12 hours after the episode is released. Pretty much on par with certain raws....

For instance, 幻樱字幕组 has good quality files
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 5, 2010 4:32 AM

Sep 2007
It's why i loved this episode ...
Taurus is one of my favorite guys.
Mar 8, 2010 7:12 AM

May 2009
guys u all watched SPA/FRA subs?

coz i cant find Eng Subbed vid T_T and it seems like will take more 1-2month T_T
Join now Saint Seiya - The Lost Canvas Fan-Club
Mar 9, 2010 10:00 AM

Jun 2009
JustLegend said:

coz i cant find Eng Subbed vid T_T and it seems like will take more 1-2month T_T

I watch in PT-BR sub ^^"

Mar 11, 2010 5:57 AM

Apr 2009
Ryuuki6 said:
JustLegend said:

I watch in PT-BR sub ^^"

Me too. haha XD
Mar 12, 2010 3:43 PM
Dec 2007
This fight is very similar to that of Aldebaran vs Seiya of the first series. Except that the Gold Saint's testing the power of an anti-Seiya this time. Decent episode.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 13, 2010 3:51 PM

Oct 2007
Rather funny episode, seeing Taurus taunting those specters was just damn funny.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 25, 2010 12:05 PM

May 2009
fine ep... what can i say more? :D just it's p**sing me off that the eps are just 24-25 mins long... 4-5mins are opening/ending/flashforward... >.< that sux
Join now Saint Seiya - The Lost Canvas Fan-Club
Mar 26, 2010 2:00 AM

Apr 2009
At least it isn't like Bleach which is 3 minutes of opening/ending and 10 minutes of flashbacks in the middle of the episode...
Mar 7, 2015 6:31 PM
Mar 2012
Kagaho is beast--he actually might own it more than Radamnythnus from the Sancturay arc. Loved that cocky as fuck grin that he threw at Dohko at the end there.

BTW, is Kagaho on the level of the three judges? He's getting a lot of hype so I'm assuming he is. He seems tougher than Minos who has fallen already.
Feb 7, 2018 11:49 AM

Jul 2013
And Taurus Aldebaran receives the spotlight this time. As a Taurus myself (as much as I find astrology just a mere curiosity), I'm really proud of this dude, since he, unlike the Taurus from the classic series, wasn't a jobber and was truly impressive. How he defeated the revived squad of Minos was great. They thought all of them combined would be able to subject a bull, what a bunch of fools.
And speaking about them, I always wondered what kind of power did that Specter with the black sclera. He had a cool design, and seemed to be the right hand of Minos, even his title (Necromancer Byaku) sounded dangerous, but he ended being fodder. My guess is that he was going to have some role at first, but the author aborted that plan and left him as a mob enemy. Quite sad for him.

Tsundere Aldebaran is best Aldebaran, lol, didn't remembered that moment with Dohko.
I like the fact that Kagaho went to the Sanctuary (later than Minos's group, for some reason) just to kill Dohko. It's not that he is going to kill Dohko, to kill Athena later, no, he is just here for Dohko, cause he damaged his lord. This Kagaho xD

Ah, the disciples of Aldebaran. They may seem like filler at first sight, until you know how much they mean for Aldebaran, for a bunch of minor characters, I ended liking them.. The fact he (back when he was Hasgard) went adopting orphaned children and taking care of them speaks volumes of how great of a person he is.

And the battle of Aldebaran vs Kagaho starts. This has to be one of my favourite fights of the whole series, Aldebaran is just that great. So, Kagaho ignores you thinking you are trash when you want to teach him some manners? Grab him by the sappuri. Kagaho then tries to burn you with his deadly flames for trying to stop him? Knock him to the ground while making a huge crater and being unfected by his puny flames. Kagaho, getting tired of your shit, shoots you a huge ball of fire? Tank it with your arms folded. This guy is amazing.

That moment where Kagaho avoids the Great Horn and says the same trick won't work twice on him reminded me of Ikki from the original series (since he was one of the ones who used that trick the most out of the main characters), who is quite funny, since Kagaho is basically the edgier version of Ikki.
Gotta give some props to Kagaho, since his movements were awesome, and were able to turn the tables on his favor. Aldebaran was too confident, if he would have been serious instead of trying to educate Kagaho, he wouldn't had suffered those burns.

Cannot wait to watch the second part of the fight.
Oct 19, 2022 6:17 AM

Mar 2018
Taurus has so much charisma it's crazy

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas - Meiou Shinwa Episode 8 Discussion

wakka9ca - Dec 25, 2009

21 by Cosenza »»
Oct 15, 2022 8:02 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas - Meiou Shinwa Episode 4 Discussion

JustLegend - Aug 26, 2009

21 by Cosenza »»
Oct 12, 2022 10:11 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas - Meiou Shinwa Episode 13 Discussion

wakka9ca - May 2, 2010

22 by bushman66 »»
Mar 21, 2022 5:34 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas - Meiou Shinwa Episode 11 Discussion

wakka9ca - May 2, 2010

7 by bushman66 »»
Mar 21, 2022 5:30 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas - Meiou Shinwa Episode 3 Discussion

Jacut - Aug 23, 2009

21 by bushman66 »»
Mar 20, 2022 7:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.