Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 26, 2017 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was a pretty tense episode, a race to help Alisha as Sorey and the others journey to help her. RIP Alisha's father.

Glad to see that they came on time as well. That segment with Sorey using his Shepherd powers is quite something (Season 2 OST release when). Also, Rose deserves some credit for her effort imo. What a comeback for her and the others.
Feb 26, 2017 6:43 AM
Jan 2017
Fuck Rose...That's All
Feb 26, 2017 7:07 AM

Dec 2014
Decent episode.

There was this smoke arrow CGI during the palace break in that I felt looked very awkward.
I started laughing when Bartlow committed suicide. xD

The purification scene was awesome but I wish there was at least a short fight with the dragon or something before the purification started.

I guess we're going to directly confront the Lord of Calamity now? That's the only way they can end this in 4 episodes.
Feb 26, 2017 7:17 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The whole group is together now.

Nice purification scene.

RISING UP!
Feb 26, 2017 7:54 AM

May 2015
Finally some action, and it was decent I guess. OST was pretty neat though.

Feb 26, 2017 7:58 AM
Aug 2015
The idea of Rose and Alisha fighting together to help Sorey was not bad but they screw the entire show focusing too much on Alisha, so even this scene was not epic. Putting "Rising up" here probably means they won't show the battle at Glaivend Basin against the dragon Tiamat. One of my favorite scene in the game. =/
But wait. What's Lunarre and Maltran's role in the anime? And Sergei? Will he come back? It doesn't seem so since they show Symonne.
So they will be able to purify Eizen, not sure about the idea. I mean, I like Eizen but the idea of Sorey saving everyone is a bit childish compared to the game.
Feb 26, 2017 8:18 AM

Sep 2016
pretty good episode, can't wait for sorey to bring back our first mate!!!!!
they better ask eizen his past story so we can get ToB anime for real
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Feb 26, 2017 8:20 AM

Dec 2013
Literally the worst game adaptation in history. This is way too childish.
1/10 and don't you dare touch Berseria, you incompetent Ufoshit.

GangsterCat said:

Ufoshit free adaptation plox.
Feb 26, 2017 8:24 AM

Sep 2016
Kamiyan3991 said:

GangsterCat said:

Ufoshit free adaptation plox.

zestiria game is already shit beyond salvation, so the only thing matter is the potential to bring back the first mate
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Feb 26, 2017 8:24 AM

Dec 2007
I concur, this is getting boring
Feb 26, 2017 8:25 AM

Dec 2013
GangsterCat said:
zestiria game is already shit beyond salvation, so the only thing matter is the potential to bring back the first mate

Play it first tho.
Feb 26, 2017 8:36 AM

Jun 2011
oh nice, they're totally sh*tting on the game the way i like it.
Feb 26, 2017 9:07 AM
Aug 2015
Kamiyan3991 said:

Yep. I can't believe this anime was supposedly made for the Tales of 20th Anniversary. Purifying Eizen won't even save the show. It would be too childish and moreover this isn't Tales of Zestiria anymore but Tales of Alisha.
I hope ufotable will never make another Tales of anime adaptation.
Feb 26, 2017 9:12 AM

Aug 2013
I still dont get it how Alisha can be so fine like it nothing happened after her father's killed..
Feb 26, 2017 9:29 AM

Jun 2016
That ending was really cool
Feb 26, 2017 9:44 AM

Jul 2014
Finally, the plot has actually returned! Maybe there's hope for this show yet.
Feb 26, 2017 9:44 AM

Dec 2014
Well, from the looks of things at least it's ending this season then, I don't think they'll have the whole "go to the elemental shrines to get powered up" thing from the game, and considering they were supposed to fight this dragon much earlier at the Glaivend Basin it looks like we're near the conclusion with Symonne showing up out of nowhere

Now only a few questions remain for this adaptation, what are they going to to with Maltran and the shrine at the start of the game? Will Alisha be accompanying the group from now on? And are they gonna actually purify Eizen?
Feb 26, 2017 10:21 AM

Apr 2010
That was so exciting, never have I seen such an intense display of people just standing still and yelling. Also both Rose and Alisha being relegated to glorified malevolence filters - lmao.

Feb 26, 2017 10:37 AM

Jul 2014
That was so EPIC !!!! animation , ost , art everything was LIT

It will have much more impact if you played the two games and now how much they rambled about how it's impossible to purify a dragon and all but in the anime they did it , it different than the game since in the game he can only have one Squire while in the anime he can have two , now to deal with the LoC
Feb 26, 2017 10:40 AM
Jun 2014
i dont get all this hate for the game. i havent played previous installments of the tales series, and compared to berseria its "bad", but i dont dislike tales of zestiria. i'm disappointed that they made it possible to purify dragons :/ still, good episode
Feb 26, 2017 10:59 AM

Jun 2014
The episode got pretty intense toward the end with the whole purification thing. I liked the OST that played during that part as well.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 26, 2017 11:02 AM

Dec 2013
arganthos said:
i dont get all this hate for the game. i havent played previous installments of the tales series, and compared to berseria its "bad", but i dont dislike tales of zestiria. i'm disappointed that they made it possible to purify dragons :/ still, good episode

There was nothing wrong with the game. Actually, it has better battle system than Berseria (way more challenging). But, overall, Berseria is far better due to story, characters etc.

Basically, Ufoshit could fix some flaws in this adaptation... Contrary to our hopes, they just made it shit. Welp, it also proves that Ufoshit is all about animation. They don't have good directors etc. And that's probably the reason why Type-Moon chose another studio for Grand Order.
Feb 26, 2017 11:41 AM

Aug 2010
Wow. This was... pretty bad. Seriously. Horrible horrible story-telling.

Kamiyan3991 said:
And that's probably the reason why Type-Moon chose another studio for Grand Order.

That's not the reason, no.
Feb 26, 2017 11:47 AM
Jun 2014
Kamiyan3991 said:
arganthos said:

There was nothing wrong with the game. Actually, it has better battle system than Berseria (way more challenging). But, overall, Berseria is far better due to story, characters etc.

Basically, Ufoshit could fix some flaws in this adaptation... Contrary to our hopes, they just made it shit. Welp, it also proves that Ufoshit is all about animation. They don't have good directors etc. And that's probably the reason why Type-Moon chose another studio for Grand Order.

regarding the difficulty i have to agree. as i was new to the game series, i had to play on moderate, while in berseria i have no problem playing on intense (maybe even chaos, but i didnt try it)

its just that even on other boards or on reddit, i see a lot of hate for the game just because its not as good as previous installments.

i think its sad that they rush everything near the end just because they wanted to give alisha more screentime
Feb 26, 2017 11:48 AM

Jul 2013
The episode was much better than the previous ones and we finally had some decent action (plus they actually purified the dragon! I hope ufotable doesn't pulls a cruel twist and Sorey manages to save Eizen a the end), plus the appearence of Symmone or whatever name that dark seraph chick has indicates things will move forward (hopefully).

Still, Alisha's reaction to his father's dead was a bit... cold. I mean, he died to save her, and then she confronts Bartlow like if she just meet the king for the first time. I don't know, at least show some grief, he just killed your father in front of your eyes. It's important to stay firm as a leader and that stuff, but is your father we talk about. That was just as bad as the seraphs making a party for Alisha after Lunarre ate Maison some seconds ago in the special... Oh, wait, not, I don't think it was THAT bad compared to that scene. At least Alisha hasn't forgot the king.

Bartlow's death was also underwhelming, it lacked dramatism. At least show how he fell to his death, that way just looked like if he escaped instead of commiting suicide.
Feb 26, 2017 12:09 PM

Jan 2009
finally Bartlow is gone he is an annoying villain

im wondering why the king or father of Alisha has malevolence though but he seems still good since he sacrifice himself to save his daughter Alisha

and they purified a dragon the first in history eh lol
Feb 26, 2017 12:21 PM
Oct 2007
Hmm.. I thought it was pretty anti-climatic after all the semi boring build ups.. but still quite well done in term of overall if I just take this week episode itself.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2017 1:13 PM

Oct 2012
Pretty strange to me, the ep felt a little off as a whole. Liked seeing Rose and Alisha supporting each other.
Best part about the ep was without a doubt just listening to Rising Up~
thebrentinator24 said:
The episode got pretty intense toward the end with the whole purification thing. I liked the OST that played during that part as well.
It's called Rising Up if someone hasn't already told you. By far one of my favorite Zestiria OSTs
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Feb 26, 2017 1:21 PM

Nov 2015
The purification scene was good. They are all together now.

Feb 26, 2017 1:54 PM
Aug 2012
It's looking more and more likely that they'll manage to save Eizen in the anime.
Feb 26, 2017 2:05 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode.
So long Bartlow.

R.I.P Alisha's father.
Sorey's Armatization is so cool. And that purification scene with Alisha & Rose was awesome. Cool OST.
Can't believe he purified a dragon.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Feb 26, 2017 2:10 PM
Apr 2010
I don't mind Sorey being able to purify a dragon, but the way they did it was just irrespectful to the Zestiria/Berseria series. I mean, none in the entire history has ever been able to purify one, and sorey just did it on a whim.
Feb 26, 2017 2:28 PM

Jun 2011
Googuix said:
I don't mind Sorey being able to purify a dragon, but the way they did it was just irrespectful to the Zestiria/Berseria series. I mean, none in the entire history has ever been able to purify one, and sorey just did it on a whim.

Well. it's clearly different from the game.In the anime, Sorey has to absorb and purify the malevolence whereas he didn't need to do that in the game. Remember that only a select few possess the Silver flame which is what's needed to purify a dragon. We don't even know if the previous shepherds possessed the flame.
Feb 26, 2017 2:30 PM

Sep 2016
Theorder14 said:
Googuix said:

Well. it's clearly different from the game.In the anime, Sorey has to absorb and purify the malevolence whereas he didn't need to do that in the game. Remember that only a select few possess the Silver flame which is what's needed to purify a dragon. We don't even know if the previous shepherds possessed the flame.
purification and OP-as-fuck armatus only invented after berseria. and number of shepherd and dragon are probably not much after berseria to even had a chance to even fight at all.

so, "nobody ever done that in history!!!" is basically only in 1000 years
CrossAnge

Feb 26, 2017 2:42 PM

Sep 2015
That OST was goooddd.... yay now Edna's bro can be purified without being killed. Lol PV always good.
Feb 26, 2017 3:15 PM

Dec 2016
That was a great episode.

Never thought they would be able to purify a Dragon.

Maybe there is hope for Eizen after all.

Been forever since we last saw Symonne, maybe this means we see the lord of calamity soon.
Feb 26, 2017 3:16 PM
Apr 2010
Theorder14 said:

They have tried before while their technologies were far more advanced.
Berseria endgame spoil:

Lailah:"Michael-sama, your unfulfilled dream may come true"
Implying the previous shepherd had the silver flame and tried to purify a dragon.
GooguixFeb 26, 2017 3:29 PM
Feb 26, 2017 3:27 PM

Jun 2011
Googuix said:
Theorder14 said:

They have tried before while their technologies were far more advanced.
Berseria endgame spoil:

Feb 26, 2017 3:43 PM
Apr 2010
Well:
Feb 26, 2017 3:54 PM

Sep 2011
Same OST from the game. At least it had that going for it, but yeah... Meh. 4 Episodes for them to beat the final boss? Kek. So much skipped, though that was expected since they were changing most of the material.
Feb 26, 2017 4:10 PM
Apr 2010
I just hope we get to know Symonne's story. This is the one thing I want from the anime. But they're so not on point with every single character that I don't think they'll be able to deliver something good.
Feb 26, 2017 5:19 PM

Sep 2011
Okay, as fan of the game myself I have to say that this is the episode where this is starting to get really bad. They have been deviating from the story of the game a lot but this is too much, I don't feel I'm watching Tales of Zestiria anymore...
I know the game got a lot of hate for reasons I don't really undertand, but it's that really motive to trash the story and characters like this?
As far as characters are concerned, Rose is my favourite character in the game, but here, I'm just not feeling it. It's like, although they have a lot in common, she's a different person... And she's not the only one like this but she's the one who's having a bigger impact on me now, cause I really like her character
Veldin461Feb 26, 2017 5:26 PM
Feb 26, 2017 6:08 PM

Dec 2013
Veldin461 said:
I know the game got a lot of hate for reasons I don't really undertand...

Veldin461 said:
I don't feel I'm watching Tales of Zestiria anymore...

Same here. And I rly wanted to see armatized Rose...
Feb 26, 2017 6:37 PM
Aug 2016
Kamiyan3991 said:
arganthos said:

To be honest, I wouldn't mind if the show was just animation. I already knew that story and characters were going to end up being bad the moment I saw the first episode. Except when you think about it, there wasn't really much of those moments. And when it happened, they were pretty lame. That's not to say that they're bad, but as someone who recently watched Fate/Zero, I was kinda disappointed. Maybe I set my expectations too high...

Also sucks that there's no armatized Rose either. And the whole Eizen thing feels pointless now. Wouldn't mind seeing it still.
Feb 26, 2017 6:40 PM

Sep 2011
Kamiyan3991 said:
Same here. And I rly wanted to see armatized Rose...

As this is going we probably wont see it... Rose being badass? nah, that's a game only feature like Dezel having a backstory, Sorey realizing that sometimes he does need to kill, Etna learning that there's nothing that can be done besides to end it, etc. etc.
Hey Dezel, Symonne is right in front of you *wink wink*
Feb 26, 2017 7:16 PM

Jul 2014
Bartlow dies in a fast and pathetic way, Alisha's father dies and she's OK, Sorey is the super shepherd.

Purification scene was visually amazing (as always).

I still like the series but it's too "simple" (I don't know which word to use exactly)
Feb 26, 2017 8:29 PM

Jun 2015
Quite an intense episode. Alisha wanted to talk to her father, but he got killed trying to save her from Bartlow. The purification scene was epic. Sorey managed to purify a dragon.
Feb 26, 2017 8:31 PM
May 2016
I didn't like how Alisha stupidly put her spear down when she should've known Bartlow could be nearby, even if she didn't mean to kill him she could have used it just to defend herself and her mistake actually gets her father KILLED saving her yet she doesn't even act guilty or anything and still puts on a righteous air towards Bartlow after... I guess by the show's logic some old guy's death is no big deal despite him being the king and Alisha's father lol.
Feb 26, 2017 9:25 PM
Feb 2017
glutton said:
I didn't like how Alisha stupidly put her spear down when she should've known Bartlow could be nearby, even if she didn't mean to kill him she could have used it just to defend herself and her mistake actually gets her father KILLED saving her yet she doesn't even act guilty or anything and still puts on a righteous air towards Bartlow after... I guess by the show's logic some old guy's death is no big deal despite him being the king and Alisha's father lol.

ah, so this week episode still about alisha ?! hahaha i do not need that, give me back my sorey story and his adorable seraph, cant we just stop or skip this second season please, give me third season already Ufotable, and please stop give us your shitty story about princess crap
Feb 26, 2017 9:34 PM

Jul 2016
viave44 said:
glutton said:

ah, so this week episode still about alisha ?! hahaha i do not need that, give me back my sorey story and his adorable seraph, cant we just stop or skip this second season please, give me third season already Ufotable, and please stop give us your shitty story about princess crap

First half finished Alisha's arc (Ladylake). The 2nd half dealt with a Dragon and Sorey's party...

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Apr 29, 2017

179 by hihappy »»
Aug 18, 2023 9:59 AM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2017

93 by LeonhartAugust »»
Aug 16, 2023 5:06 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2017

95 by LeonhartAugust »»
Aug 16, 2023 5:00 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2017

72 by Dawizz »»
Nov 16, 2022 6:05 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2017

85 by Dawizz »»
Nov 16, 2022 12:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.