Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 25, 2017 4:23 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, this Lavender guy is pretty vicious. Didn't even waste time at all to attack Gohan, especially his face and eyes.

Gohan going Super Saiyan was definitely expected tbh.
The fight was intense, really good momentum this episode imo from start to finish without any pauses. A really close fight imo between them.

Goku to fight next. HYPE.
Feb 25, 2017 4:29 PM
Jul 2018
This arc is really off to a good start, and we haven't even gotten to the team being made yet.
Feb 25, 2017 4:30 PM

Oct 2011
most satisfying ending to the fight

gohan done justice ;)

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Feb 25, 2017 5:00 PM

Jul 2009
Welcome back Gohan! What took you so long?!
Nothing in this world lasts forever, and it´s time you accept that.
It's better to not cling to these things that you will eventually lose.
Feb 25, 2017 5:36 PM

May 2010
So the universes were already pending erasure to begin with, so Goku's eagerness to fight didn't threaten Universe 7 after all.
Feb 25, 2017 5:41 PM

Mar 2010
Some amazing discoveries were mentioned, and also this fight was better than buu's.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 25, 2017 6:25 PM

Dec 2015
Good to see Gohan fighting again. Hope that he gets back to how he was strength wise. Everyone's going to be erased from the losing universes except for the angels and Whis and sis are like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 25, 2017 6:27 PM

Sep 2016
Hell yeah, Gohan is back in action! I hope goku ends his opponent without showing his ssj blue power in front of every universe's gods >.>
Feb 25, 2017 6:50 PM

Feb 2017
That reaction from beerus and champa to vados and whis was funny :D
Gokus enemy looks stong and bulky, looks like it will be a good match next week
Feb 25, 2017 7:02 PM

Jan 2016
Good for Gohan, if it weren't for the toxic techniques he could have had an easier time with Labenda. But at least he didn't lose as fodder xD

They found a turn of events to say that Goku wouldn't be the responsible of other universes' destruction because Zeno planned to destroy them for being weak anyways lol

The most surprising fact is that U7 is the second weakest verse, with U9 as the weakest. This means Goku will mop the floor with Bergamo in the next episode as I really doubt he'll need God ki for that wolf xD
THANKS SENPIEX
Feb 25, 2017 7:12 PM

Apr 2014
The episode was pretty cool. The only thing I wonder now is, will we be seeing Universes 1, 12, 5, and 8 fighters later in the future? Because knowing that they will not be participating in the Tournament of power because of their mortal level power is over 7 then I hope we can see some fighters of those 4 universes who are exempt from the tournament of power because it would be BS should we not see what they are capable of. Considering the mortal power level I wonder what the ranking is like for all Universes exactly? Anyone want to guess? For example we a know Universe 7 is second bottom of the 12, and Universe 9 is the lowest of the 12. I wonder how strong the other Universes are? Guess we are about to find out later in the future hopefully. And I would like to know which Universe is the STRONGEST out of all the 12. But we all know it won't be twelve universes anymore that is for sure... XD
Feb 25, 2017 7:43 PM

Apr 2014
good to see gohan did really good especially since this was his first real fight since a long time now i cant wait to see him get even stronger now cause you can tell he want to get better after this fight and im looking forward to it

great fight great ep now goku is next then to look forward to the forming of the team and then the team battles

this arc is already to good!
"one step at a time"
Feb 25, 2017 7:53 PM

Jun 2016
So basically Goku gave U7 a chance to avoid the destruction by telling zeno to make the tournament? or im wrong here?

And Good Fucking Job Gohan, Thank you.
Feb 25, 2017 7:56 PM

Jan 2012
Good showing Gohan, even if you only managed a tie. Interesting background info on the main tournament and the exempt universes.
Feb 25, 2017 8:02 PM

Dec 2011
That was quite a revelation that Universe 7 is at the second bottom lowest level universe.
So Universe 1,5,8 and 12 won't get erased but still will participate in the tournament.This is so hype and Gohan did a really good comeback fight..
Even if i thought Gohan will lose but still winning as a tie is a good thing to start getting serious.
Feb 25, 2017 8:23 PM

Jan 2009
wow so stronger universes will not be erased
too bad for Goku's universe 7 they are second to the lowest so they have to win the tournament of power now lol

nice fight Gohan i hope you train more again to reach Mystic/Ultimate form again
Feb 25, 2017 8:29 PM

Dec 2015
Clever how toei have avoided showing all of their cards in this arc. By leaving the 4 strongest universes out of the tournament, even after the tournament's over and we've seen all the fighters from the other 8 uni's, we'll know there's still 4 more mysterious universes filled with strong fighters to use in future arcs.
It also turns goku from being the destroyer of 11 universes to the savior of at least one.
And, perhaps most importantly, it really drives home just how capricious and heartless zeno and the grand priest are, even towards the gods; perfectly paving the way for them to be the final villains of the show.
By and large, brilliant story crafting that I wouldn't normally expect of dragonball.

Oh, and the fight was kinda cool I guess.
Feb 25, 2017 8:39 PM

May 2015

Once again I like the battle choreography... Gohan refused the Senzu Bean and even with all of the poison in his body he managed to be the last man standing even if it was for a second, in my eyes he was the winner.

My reaction after all the universe ranking and tournaments rules and motives were once again explained but this time with more details... I'm searching for the rules pamphlet. Lol!

With this new revelation, the Tournament is going to feature the 12 universes? or the ones who are the weakest are the ones who are going to fight?!

I hope the losers get the chance to merge and make an even stronger universe (that is a good way to avoid so many deaths and ad more layers to the current earth were Goku & company lives)...

If the merge route doesn’t materialize... I'm a little bit confused if the Angels are only the ones who are going to be erased can they unite and undo the process? Like this ED song suggest when Zenou tears the manga paper/page [representing the erasing?] and Whis &Vados do their reverse the hands of time trick...

So many questions so many little answers. Can’t wait to see how all of this unfolds.
Feb 25, 2017 8:49 PM

Oct 2015
great more "story"
or rather excuse to potentially milk the series so hard,
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Feb 25, 2017 8:57 PM

Jan 2009
wut are you guys sure that the stronger universes exempted from being erased are not included on this tournament of power? because i miss that fact then

and come to think of it, the Grand Priest said Zeno already has plans to destroy the weaker universes anyway so Goku's universal tournament proposal would at least save 1 weak universe from being destroyed, Goku is not that evil after all

is Zeno thinking about survival of the fittest thing here? looks like it, he only wants the strongest to survive
Feb 25, 2017 8:58 PM

Dec 2011
Joido said:
Nah, universes 1, 12, 5, & 8 won't be participating in the tournament. Their power is great enough that they are exempt.

Yeah but they can still participate if they want.
Feb 25, 2017 9:17 PM

Dec 2014
I still wanted Gohan to win. :(

Background info on the tournaments finally revealed, I'm interested in the exempt universes with mortal level over 7, I wanna see one of the guys from there fight.

Whis is in the clear no matter what happens. xD
Feb 25, 2017 9:27 PM

Jan 2009
i just rewatch the part where the Grand Priest detailed the revelation of the tournament and ye the 4 strongest universe are really exempted from joining

if those 4 universes will not fight that means they are future plot arcs so Dragon Ball Super will not end after this another tournament arc
Feb 25, 2017 9:27 PM

Jul 2016

I'm scared, so Goku DID save the universe!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 25, 2017 9:35 PM

Aug 2015
It's not about weak Universes.
It's about
The Universe Rating isn't about power. It mortal death ratio.

That the reason why Beerus was mad at the Supreme Kai for not taking action about the way mortals were living despite Beerus sleeping through everything after telling Frieza to destroy Planet Vegeta, Saiyans destroying and killing mortals and Kid Buu rampage across the Universe.

Death ratio not who stronger.
Feb 25, 2017 9:43 PM

Jan 2009
Otaku_DJK1NG said:
It's about

That the reason why Beerus was mad at the Supreme Kai for not taking action about the way mortals were living despite Beerus sleeping through everything after telling Frieza to destroy Planet Vegeta, Saiyans destroying and killing mortals and Kid Buu rampage across the Universe.

are you sure?

ningen in japanese means any living being that are not immortal like humans, saiyans and any other mortals

so mortality or death chance is not the one being mentioned there
Feb 25, 2017 9:50 PM

Aug 2015
j0x said:
Otaku_DJK1NG said:
It's about

are you sure?

ningen in japanese means any living being that are not immortal like humans, saiyans and any other mortals

Yeah meaning because there a low number of mortal then that universe is dead weight while the other universes are filled.

If it was about power then it wouldn't make sense because this is the first universal tournament because Zeno doesn't know much about fighting.
Feb 25, 2017 10:15 PM

Jan 2009
Otaku_DJK1NG said:
j0x said:

are you sure?

Yeah meaning because there a low number of mortal then that universe is dead weight while the other universes are filled.

If it was about power then it wouldn't make sense because this is the first universal tournament because Zeno doesn't know much about fighting.

so you mean the overpopulated universes are the highest mortal level rank

i do not know about that but thanks for clarifying your interpretation of it
Feb 25, 2017 10:37 PM

Dec 2011
Joido said:
But why would they want to do that? They would be subjecting themselves to the same danger as everyone else in that case.

They would participate just for the fight.Even if Universe 7 is in the lowest mortal level that doesn't really mean that it is the weakest in term of strength.Also they might not be erased even if they lose in the tournament.Nothing mention that for now..
Feb 25, 2017 11:03 PM
Feb 2017
I still don't understand why won't Gohan use his ultimate form?
Feb 25, 2017 11:13 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Lelouch0202 said:
I still wanted Gohan to win. :(

Background info on the tournaments finally revealed, I'm interested in the exempt universes with mortal level over 7, I wanna see one of the guys from there fight.

Whis is in the clear no matter what happens. xD
This was a W for Gohan imo

Them making it a tie was just to avoid the TKO but Gohan was the last man standing and declared himself as the winner while Lavenda was seeing stars on the ground
Feb 25, 2017 11:28 PM
Jun 2011
kaitonic said:
That was quite a revelation that Universe 7 is at the second bottom lowest level universe.
So Universe 1,5,8 and 12 won't get erased but still will participate in the tournament.This is so hype and Gohan did a really good comeback fight..
Even if i thought Gohan will lose but still winning as a tie is a good thing to start getting serious.
no universe 1 5 8 and 12 wont praticipate since their mortal level is above 7
Feb 25, 2017 11:35 PM

Aug 2015
ExileZee said:

It's not a form. It's his base has always been his base.
The more he train his base the stronger he gets and if he doesn't it get weakened to the point where to reach or go beyond it he need to go Super Saiyan.

Which why before he didn't need to because his max potential was topped but because he did training the potential opened again.
Feb 26, 2017 12:11 AM

Apr 2014
Thank you, Toei...

If you're a fan of Gohan and you have been since Dragon Ball Z when he was a badass in the Cell Saga and when he unlocked the mystic form in the Buu Saga... then there will be little to complain about anything in this episode. It was a really great episode. Good fight
themanualreader@proton.me
Feb 26, 2017 12:46 AM

Apr 2012
If there's one thing I understood about the universe ranking is that universe 6 is stronger than universe 7 despite the loss they got back then.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Feb 26, 2017 1:09 AM
Feb 2017
Otaku_DJK1NG said:
ExileZee said:

It's not a form. It's his base has always been his base.
The more he train his base the stronger he gets and if he doesn't it get weakened to the point where to reach or go beyond it he need to go Super Saiyan.

Which why before he didn't need to because his max potential was topped but because he did training the potential opened again.

Such a shame, he looks much cooler with his white aura.
Feb 26, 2017 1:37 AM

Sep 2014
Good old Gohan is back!He was so close to win but the poison had already put him in a disadvantage in the whole fight.Now is Goku's turn for the final round.Also U7 is the second weakest universe power wise.I'm not surprised to be honest putting aside Goku and Vegeta there is no one who can even match their strength.I could count Golden Frieza but since he is dead it's pointless to include him.So Zeno already intended to destroy all the weak universes from the beginning and Goku actually with his stupidity saved his universe for now lol.
Feb 26, 2017 1:48 AM

Aug 2014
Did the writers just confirm, that the main purpose of existence in Dragon Ball is the power level? Lol. That sounds like some joke you'd make to parody the series. And I gave Zamasu shit, because he didn't have his shit together on the whole "mortals are evil and must die"-scheme.
Feb 26, 2017 1:50 AM

Sep 2016
that was very interesting conversation with great priest. 8 universes are going to get annihilated anyway, so goku pretty much saved universe by bargaining through tournament lol. great priest said universe 1, 12, 5 and 8 don't have to enter, so will they fight or not? I thought there are some characters from those universe introduced already? this episode open up more potential besides brainless do or die tournament, there are deeper plot when great priest said "lowest mortal" rank. the angels looking down at everyone else, can be connected to ending theme lyrics as well. i hope this won't be the last arc and goku will fight angels later on.

excited.

also great example of bad and lazy management (kaioshin + hakaishin) make a bad company (universe). universe 6,7,9,10 got pretty bad gods their universe rating went down lol
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Feb 26, 2017 2:10 AM

Oct 2015
10/10 episode, I haven't enjoyed an episode this much since the Hit vs Goku fight.

The Gohan vs wolf-guy fight way fine, I enjoyed it, but that wasn't the best thing about this episode!

I like the new pieces of information we received, I love it: The 4 strongest universes will not participate. It means a few things:
-In the end 5 universes remain (worst-case scenario)
-The other 4 universes have the STRONGEST opponents, so for future arcs it's perfect!!!
-The number of new characters will be less overwhelming, since 80 fighters is still more acceptable than 120. (still a lot imo)

I mean obviously this isn't some top-notch One Piece writing with depths, but I definitely LOVE the direction the show is going!

Also, there's much confusion about this "power-level" thing.I think it's the same level when in DBZ Vegeta said "It's over 9000!". It's the average power-level of each mortal-being in the universes. Let's say we only take the power-level of Earth. Humans have like 1-10 power-level in average. But there are people like Goku, Vegeta, who has like millions of powerlevel(???), but in avg it'd still be like 10-20 the power-level on earth. . There can be strong mortal-beings in each universe, but since we're talking about average, even the weakest beings are calculated into it. So yes, universe 6 lost a few arcs ago, but they're stronger in average, since there are less weak creatures in that universe. So stronger universes could be just less diverse in power-level, but they don't necessarily have the strongest fighters. I don't know if I got it right, but this seems logical.
Slim_LamieFeb 26, 2017 2:33 AM
Feb 26, 2017 2:33 AM

Mar 2008
Well that's kind of a cheap way to go. What was even the point of setting up Goku with an arc if they were going to just rip it away and absolve him of any blame? Not that it matters. Goku doesn't seem particularly concerned with universes getting wiped out of existence anyways. Kind of a lazy move to just say those universes were all on the chopping block anyways for some random determination.

Oh well, will just have to work with it. Credit to Gohan who makes a pretty darn solid return to combat status. Considering he could only use super saiyan and hadn't had many fights lately it was solid. He had to use his head and instincts. In a sense forcing combat instincts back into him which isn't a bad thing. And he put in a strong effort. Not an easy fight, but he worked through it. Good on him.

Let's see how this tournament plays out.
Feb 26, 2017 3:01 AM

Jan 2010
The fights in this tournament are beginning to look like pointless drivel. There's no real feeling behind them and I miss the crowds, the commentator and the unique opponents from the original DB. Zeno's announcement was really cool though. It's hilarious that even Beerus has to be concerned for his own life and that Goku's universe is one of the most pansy ones.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Feb 26, 2017 3:15 AM

May 2015
Gohan use seismic toss. It was super effective!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 26, 2017 3:56 AM

Sep 2016

Joido said:
tkrisz2 said:
10/10 episode, I haven't enjoyed an episode this much since the Hit vs Goku fight.

The Gohan vs wolf-guy fight way fine, I enjoyed it, but that wasn't the best thing about this episode!

I like the new pieces of information we received, I love it: The 4 strongest universes will not participate. It means a few things:
-In the end 5 universes remain (worst-case scenario)
-The other 4 universes have the STRONGEST opponents, so for future arcs it's perfect!!!
-The number of new characters will be less overwhelming, since 80 fighters is still more acceptable than 120. (still a lot imo)

I mean obviously this isn't some top-notch One Piece writing with depths, but I definitely LOVE the direction the show is going!

Also, there's much confusion about this "power-level" thing.I think it's the same level when in DBZ Vegeta said "It's over 9000!". It's the average power-level of each mortal-being in the universes. Let's say we only take the power-level of Earth. Humans have like 1-10 power-level in average. But there are people like Goku, Vegeta, who has like millions of powerlevel(???), but in avg it'd still be like 10-20 the power-level on earth. . There can be strong mortal-beings in each universe, but since we're talking about average, even the weakest beings are calculated into it. So yes, universe 6 lost a few arcs ago, but they're stronger in average, since there are less weak creatures in that universe. So stronger universes could be just less diverse in power-level, but they don't necessarily have the strongest fighters. I don't know if I got it right, but this seems logical.

Yeah, you're spot on. The average includes every inhabitant of each respective universe — weak, strong, and all.

That's why U7 is ranked so low; the imbalance in power is clear as day just from looking at their team alone. Having just two heavy hitters isn't enough.

The other universes, while they may or may not possess much individual might, are far stronger as a whole. They have the numbers, U7 doesn't.

no, mortal level is more like the overall well-being of the universe
Beerus is too lazy to destroy defective, useless and undeveloped planets and kaio shin looks like never been involved in developing/helping any mortal civilization. so, there are too many useless and undeveloped mortals in Universe 7. just look at how many evil galactic ruining the universe like babidi and freeza.

universe 1,5,8, and 12 get a pass because their gods are doing their jobs properly to make their universe good in comparison.

I said it before it's like a company with its management officer. u7 got bad management, bad universe. nothing to do with power level i believe.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Feb 26, 2017 4:22 AM
Nov 2009
tfw Beerus is just as fucked as all other mortals
Feb 26, 2017 4:39 AM

Feb 2013
Gohan had a cool fight.
So the "worst" universes are the ones who will be erased if they lose.
Feb 26, 2017 4:54 AM

Sep 2016
Joido said:
GangsterCat said:

no, mortal level is more like the overall well-being of the universe
Beerus is too lazy to destroy defective, useless and undeveloped planets and kaio shin looks like never been involved in developing/helping any mortal civilization. so, there are too many useless and undeveloped mortals in Universe 7. just look at how many evil galactic ruining the universe like babidi and freeza.

universe 1,5,8, and 12 get a pass because their gods are doing their jobs properly to make their universe good in comparison.

I said it before it's like a company with its management officer. u7 got bad management, bad universe. nothing to do with power level i believe.

I don't know about that. Mortal level being the average power of each universe sounds like the most plausible theory to me, considering this is the tournament of power.

Tyrants like Frieza could have put a dent in the score by destroying other planets, but that's about it. Hopefully they'll go into more detail about what 'mortal level' is next week.
we even have this in real life

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Development_Index

it's deifnitely something like this.
CrossAnge

Feb 26, 2017 5:43 AM

Mar 2016
Another good episode, I hope they keep this up.

As a Gohan fan I was very pleased with his fight, he showed that he still has a sense for battling.

Average doesn't mean much, Goku and the rest of the guys may surpass their universe's average by a landslide.

Feb 26, 2017 5:55 AM

Oct 2013
Great episode!
So then that means that after the tournament of power following Zen's orders.
If universe 7 wins then 7 universes will be destroyed, and the 4 mentioned + the winner will not be?
I.e after ToP 5 universes will remain... right?
Feb 26, 2017 5:59 AM

Jan 2013
The whole ranking of the Universe idea, I hope it opens up to new plots. This means Super's still got wayyyyyyyyyys to end after all.

The fight between Gohan and that wolf man was decent. Hope this will motivate Gohan even more to get in his past self level.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 95 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2017

86 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 94 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2017

79 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 93 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

109 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 1:51 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 92 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

110 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 91 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

59 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 1:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.