Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 7, 2017 9:43 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this is pretty much the same as the movie's first part with the action as we meet the characters such as Yuri.

The magical elements of the world are also presented along with some of the antagonists. Not much else to see if you've seen the movie. Imo, I think the movie had better quality than the TV version. That being said, I still like Aram the most out of the characters introduced so far.
Jan 7, 2017 9:50 AM

Nov 2007
I've posted the same thing (in another forum), but posting again:
Anyways, lol @ the mini character part for TV series!! OP & ED were nice.
tsubasaloverJan 7, 2017 4:15 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 7, 2017 10:35 AM

Jun 2009
Weeell, at least we have OP and ED
Nothing new happens. The same as film
Jan 7, 2017 10:41 AM

Sep 2016
so.... should i just watch anime/movie version?
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 7, 2017 10:42 AM

Nov 2011
GangsterCat said:
so.... should i just watch anime/movie version?

If you want better visual quality, yes. Personally, I think the movie has better quality.
Jan 7, 2017 10:45 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
well, looks like i might as well just watch the movie version of it.
I was waiting the first episode to see if different stuff happens but looks like nope.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 7, 2017 11:48 AM

Sep 2016
is this from video game? it's already way better than tales of zestiria (not like anything can be worse than that pile of garbage)
*ahh of course it's from gacha mobile phone game lol
GangsterCatJan 7, 2017 11:52 AM
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 7, 2017 3:06 PM

Nov 2011
Guess will have to wait for the movie rather than the TV version for new content huh
Jan 7, 2017 4:12 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Here's the opening (might disappear soon but eh)
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 7, 2017 6:18 PM

Apr 2014
The way how it started out must be really confusing for a lot of people. Those who played the game would know what exactly happened. The way how it started out for me was not too bad. Although very confusing. Eventually I hope everything will make sense on how the story will go when the series continues.
Jan 7, 2017 7:23 PM

Sep 2013
Nope. I'm watching the movies if it's the same thing lol.
Jan 7, 2017 7:31 PM

Jun 2013
So this is the aftermath of a failed plan. Even though they probably outnumbered the black army, they still lost because the final boss was too much for them. Yuri is disheartened and he feels it's all his fault they lost. He does want to defeat the black king but he's not sure if he should lead these folks anymore. And this Aram kid is important in some way.

Pretty cool stuff I guess. The visuals had quite some coolness. The fights looked good. The explosions were lacking a bit. That first person Yuri view when the little village was under attack was pretty cool. Will stick around for some more episodes.
Jan 7, 2017 8:43 PM

Dec 2016
I haven't played the game but saw the preview on YouTube a little while ago so I thought I would watch it.

Looks like 1 character comes form the Assassin's Creed world. Good on Aram for helping out that old lady, and he looks very useful in battle. Helped our hero come back to his senses.
Jan 8, 2017 12:13 AM

Aug 2008
Damn, they should start from scratch not in the middle of something, for a non-player of the game didn't understood much. Dropped. It look good on trailer, meh. Hm, 3 animes, 2 let down so far for winter.
The spider is watching
Jan 8, 2017 12:28 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
dany_elle1908 said:
Damn, they should start from scratch not in the middle of something, for a non-player of the game didn't understood much. Dropped. It look good on trailer, meh. Hm, 3 animes, 2 let down so far for winter.
How when it's pretty straightforward

There's an evil demon king terrorizing the world and the MC + His band of cohorts came together to try and defeat him
Jan 8, 2017 1:30 AM

Aug 2008
Do not
Tokoya said:
dany_elle1908 said:

There's an evil demon king terrorizing the world and the MC + His band of cohorts came together to try and defeat him

It kinda bored me... I think I look for something else on animes latetly. Some get me bored pretty fast. Imagine if a shounen-ai did, and i love bxb stuff. O.M.G i'm getting old. JK, felt it lack something. I could not concentrate. I might pick up as it's end. I tend to do that.
The spider is watching
Jan 8, 2017 2:33 AM

May 2010
liked the episode overall but without any knowledge of the game its hard to understand what is actually going on. not so sold on it yet.

i like Aram already tho :D
Jan 8, 2017 2:42 AM

Jun 2014
And dropped it 10 minutes in. I guess there really aren't any other good mobile game adaptations besides Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis after all... Right off the bat, this starts off with a bunch of fights and switches around the POV like crazy, nothing actually making any sense and the fights aren't even that great. Then the MC, I guess? Fails to beat the dark king or whatever and the dark king rips up a book his daughter is holding and then all of the evil in the world gets released....... Then the retarded logic kicks in, they question why they used a rookie and a bunch of rookies to defeat the demon king, one of the most powerful entities in this world, because of some retarded logic. This is so dumb.

Dropped/10
alpha_shadowJan 8, 2017 2:49 AM
:3
Jan 8, 2017 2:58 AM

Mar 2015
dany_elle1908 said:

If they had started from scratch and still lose the final battle, i don't think i could handle it.
Jan 8, 2017 3:53 AM

Dec 2015
Your usual/average fantasy anime. It is "okay". Since I like fantasy I'm going to watch the next episode as well. But I don't like the 2 boys (Yuri and that other thief guy). But the female looking like a warrior/knight princess is nice.
Jan 8, 2017 5:43 AM

May 2015
Guess I'll just skip the first four episodes if they're pretty much the same as the first movie.

Jan 8, 2017 8:02 AM

Aug 2016
I haven't seen the movie, and while it might be better to watch it, I much rather watch the TV series. Speaking of the TV series...

I love it. A lot. The OP is by nano, whom I love, so that's a plus. It's been a while since I've seen a fantasy anime, but this is REALLY good. I'm excited for next week!
Jan 8, 2017 8:10 AM

Jun 2009
meh... kinda felt like I started to watch a longrunning show midway. Gonna stick with it for a few more episodes.
Jan 8, 2017 10:32 AM

Feb 2015
I found it to be decent at best, though it's very similar to Tales of Zestiria, which is much better, I'll continue this anime, becuase it might become better later on.

Jan 8, 2017 11:37 AM
Jul 2018
Movie content >.> Sigh

Now i regret watching the movie version...
removed-userJan 8, 2017 11:40 AM
Jan 8, 2017 11:55 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
First episode watched, and was interesting, with a nice plot that need to evolve, and characters very tipical in any net game, although all stay in how evolve, for this instant is a 7/10....

"I am Aram".... appears the hero of this story? O will be Yuri? ummmm next episodes will watch!!!! xS

tsubasalover said:
- 1 Movie = 4 TV eps.

Thanks for the information ;)
Jan 8, 2017 12:56 PM

Sep 2015
I hope they get explained soon, everything we don't understand clearly if we didn't watch the other stuff
Jan 8, 2017 1:14 PM

Jun 2013
I thought that was super enjoyable!
Jan 8, 2017 1:31 PM

Jul 2007
While its still same as the movie(since movies are basically a prescreening according to the staff), its still nice to see again.

One of best OPs of the season too.
Jan 8, 2017 1:50 PM

Oct 2014
Now this is literally a fanservice anime: an anime where only people who had been fans of the franchise previously will understand.

Though, if you do understand, you will realize just how much good they've done here by getting rid of that annoying fairy right at the first scene.
Yuri and Phoena stay useless, as always, though.

Dem assassin's parkour, though. =D
Jan 8, 2017 3:07 PM

Jul 2015
Oh cool, didn't expect the hero dude to lose like that, it started off looking pretty boring so I kind of just stopped thinking about it, so I was a bit surprised. A bit, and that doesn't mean it still wasn't boring, just not as boring as I thought it would be. Guess this is something I can stick around for.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jan 8, 2017 5:03 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
dany_elle1908 said:
Do not
Tokoya said:

It kinda bored me... I think I look for something else on animes latetly. Some get me bored pretty fast. Imagine if a shounen-ai did, and i love bxb stuff. O.M.G i'm getting old. JK, felt it lack something. I could not concentrate. I might pick up as it's end. I tend to do that.
Try the movie version....Maybe you'll resonate with it more since it's essentially episodes 1-4
Jan 8, 2017 6:57 PM

Jun 2015
This was a cool first episode. The animation looks stellar and the sound is great. I like the OP, but not so much the ED. It sucks the Volunteer Army was unable to defeat the Black King. I hope they do. See Paprika vanish was sad to see.
Jan 8, 2017 7:32 PM
Jan 2016
It's weird how they could retreat without any hitch considering the King seemed to get more powerful from the Chain Chronicle book. Oh well.
Jan 8, 2017 8:31 PM

Jun 2013
what's an assassin doing here?! lol
Jan 8, 2017 10:49 PM

Nov 2011
The action in the end was good but everything else is so dumb. Why is the book and fairy in there with the enemy who wants said book? Generic I'll protect her but turns out I can't do shit and just stupidly gets caught then die triggering dark shit.
I hate Arslan but at least they know you should equip a helmet. Heck even in RPGs you're supposed to equip a headgear. Grandma who can't buy food, said to the boy who brought her food that she'll give him food. How when she can't buy her own? I thought it is gonna be boring talk shit but they just talked enough to pique my interest but maybe it'll turn into another boring talk shit anime later.
Accidentaly rated the movie 6/10 instead of just planned to watch. But I won't fix it for now, it might end up with the same score anyway.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Jan 9, 2017 6:13 AM
Apr 2016
If you can not fathom basic concept of what is going on you are either way an amateur in this field of expertise or simply... not... meant to understand it. Let me sum it up for those talking bad about the setting: This is your generic hero vs evil story except it is part 2: United nations failed to destroy the evil and the series takes it from that point. The King, obviously, is not that evil (which you understand already if you are not an amateur) and there is an even bigger evil waiting in the end.
Edit:My bad I have read some more... commentaries on why this is bad. Well... some simpletons are not supposed to be wasting their time on bonafide symbolism. Can not argue with that...
Daniel_NaumovJan 9, 2017 6:16 AM
Re:formed
Jan 9, 2017 6:25 AM

Nov 2010
OMG. LET ME JUST TELL YOU THAT THERE IS A LOT HAPPENING IN THE FIRST TWO MINUTES OF THIS FRICKIN' ANIME. OMGGG. There are so many amazing characters. About all of them are in some sort of squad and they all have some beef happenin'. HAHAHA. OH. HOMEGIRL JUST GOT SMACKED SILLY. Danggg. This is going to be pretty dark.
This anime was from a video game. Dude. You can clearly tell that it is. It feels like a multiplayer right now. omg. So many great looking characters. Some badass boss. Did the fairy girl die? He just squished her, man. That book is what the evil dude wants. Both characters reached out for it and they rip it in half. Like, straight in half. Pirinka, the fairy, is gone.
So basically, Yuri and his people were supposed to be fighting off this Lord of Black. They weren't strong enough even with so many people on their side. HAHA. THE WRONG GROUP FOUGHT THE LORD. Then there's this book that gets ripped in half and the Lord of Death takes half. There are so many characters. I already feel like I'm being wooshed into this world. HAHA. I can't wait to meet everybody and see what their part is in this takeback.
I like the theme song.
omg. there's the white haired guy.
Dang. There were so many people from all over the place to help fight. Now that they had lost, everybody went back to their respective lands. They really depended on Yuri and the Volunteer Army.
Yuri wakes up. Are there some tender feelings between Phoena and Yuri? HMMMM.
omggg. the white haired kidddd. Omg. So cool. wat. Assassin Creed. HAHAHA. I thought that he was just going to be some violent punk but he's totally cute. And Helpful. awww. my heart. i'm already invested in this boy.
Yuri and the Volunteer Army lost and returned back to their land only to be hated by some. They thought that they would strive after being saved from the Black King.
Oh, is this a different white haired kid? Their magic is weak in this block fog and yuri is having something of ptsd. i wonder if that white haired kid is going to be the new hero. Sorry, Yuri. He already knows his stuff. He'll pulling mana left and right. He don't need no comrades. HAHAHA. OMG. YURI WON'T LET THIS KID WIN. Thye've both got red mana. OMG. THAT'S SO HOT. THEY LOOKED AT EACH OTHER. HAHAHA. WTF.
I can totally see this as a video game now. I want to play it. The kid's name is Aram. omggg.
ENDING THEMEEEEE. Of course. Damn. I like it. I'm enjoying it really well. whoa. that ending note tho.
Jan 9, 2017 8:36 AM

Feb 2014
This is kind of like Middle Earth the anime. I like it
Jan 9, 2017 9:23 AM

Jan 2012
Well I found the fight at the end a bit overdramatic... not sure I'll lep watching this
Jan 9, 2017 4:37 PM

Sep 2014
I always like Fantasy and war mixed hero adventure type animes, so I'm going to stick around.

Although to problems with this episode, one how'd they get away...? Two, did the MC just use his finisher on a regular "black army" solider?
Jan 10, 2017 8:08 AM

Sep 2016
Goku said:
I always like Fantasy and war mixed hero adventure type animes, so I'm going to stick around.

Although to problems with this episode, one how'd they get away...? Two, did the MC just use his finisher on a regular "black army" solider?
I believe you can already start spamming OP shit moves since this is already the 2nd half of the game
CrossAnge

Jan 10, 2017 9:12 AM

Jul 2013
3/5 so far, I think it was a rather strange first episode. I've read somewhere that it is kinda pointless to watch the anime if you haven't played the game (which I haven't) and I think that is the reason I was so unhappy and confused about the first half of the episode. My sister constantly spammed me with "isn't the link broken? seems like episode 10 or something in the middle of the series" and I even tried other streams to be sure. Oh well...

The white haired kid seems to be interesting (people called him baby/mini altair in another forum haha), the animation and the character designs are also nice. The story is meh since nothing was explained. Let's hope they clear some of the things up in the next episode or maybe give us a recap of how the heck the war in the beginning even started.

3 episode rule once more
Jan 11, 2017 10:03 AM

Sep 2015
alpha_shadow said:
used a rookie and a bunch of rookies to defeat the demon king,

Yuri, rookie? lol
Yuri has been able to defeat all who appear in the first episode, is the only one able to defeat the black king, the only problem is that he has no military training.

Let's lighten up the events of the movie with a little information of the game(spoilers of the game)

Any questions you have, I can answer
NayoutJan 11, 2017 11:33 AM
Jan 11, 2017 11:21 AM

Jan 2017
Nayout said:
alpha_shadow said:
used a rookie and a bunch of rookies to defeat the demon king,

Yuri, rookie? lol
Yuri has been able to defeat all who appear in the first episode, is the only one able to defeat the black king, the only problem is that he has no military training.

Any questions you have, I can answer

Yeah, maybe you can put this under spoiler tag.
Jan 11, 2017 11:31 AM

Sep 2015
LoliLabezerin said:
Yeah, maybe you can put this under spoiler tag.

Many of the things they comment happen in post-movie episodes, but...
Jan 12, 2017 8:37 AM
Sep 2015
Who is the real main character in this anime??? Yuri or Aram???
Jan 13, 2017 10:38 PM

Oct 2008
is this the most generic anime ever? i think it is
Jan 14, 2017 2:47 AM

Jun 2009
this ep make me sad. it reminds me how I loved play Chain Chronicle till GUMI shut it down... -.-"
Jan 14, 2017 3:36 PM

Jul 2011
Aram is a better mc than the mc already lol. Though a bit hotheaded.

nano's song is great, but iunno about using it for this anime. Not that fantasy-ish. xD
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2017

32 by SamYG_ »»
Nov 25, 2023 9:00 PM

Poll: » Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

38 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 20, 2022 2:04 AM

Poll: » Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2017

17 by Rob »»
Mar 29, 2018 11:13 PM

Poll: » Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2017

14 by Rob »»
Mar 29, 2018 2:42 AM

Poll: » Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2017

21 by Rob »»
Mar 29, 2018 1:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.