Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2017 10:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And the final battle...

Yuri restored while Phoena uses her power to help everyone. I must say..Yuri and Aram make a better team than enemies. Chain Chronicle overall was a pretty straightforward show. I'm probably not going to give the games a try as it doesn't interest me.
Mar 25, 2017 11:15 AM

Nov 2015
It was ok. I'm happy Phoena is still alive and Pirika is back.

Mar 25, 2017 12:28 PM

Dec 2014
the final battle was so epic..... fantastic ending
Mar 25, 2017 1:03 PM

Sep 2015
I realised something at the very last episode, the Tv version's quality is actually better than movie version. Some background/skill colouring has a tiny difference and brighter. One example below:

This is movie version,

The current Tv version(better version, you can see dark barrier clearer),
valvravetruthMar 25, 2017 1:23 PM
Mar 25, 2017 1:04 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The episode was the same to the last part of the third film!!!
This episode is a episode very comun, full of cliches, and end open to new adventures!!!
Can you image, the dark is elimated, all the characters are alives, and begin a time of prosperity, but this is this end, BORING!!!!
This series, the best was the characters, like it.
The worst, the plot, unpalatable!!

6/10.
Mar 25, 2017 1:05 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
valvravetruth said:

This is movie version,

The current Tv version,

Yes, the Movie Version, the qualite is better!!!!
Mar 25, 2017 1:13 PM

Sep 2015
In many RPG fantasy anime, this Chain Chronicle series should be come up as one of the top or even the best(Despite many members said plot is stupid/cliche and such).
But then you don't really find "MC become evil" and "The good lose their 1st battle against evil" together in same genre series.

The OSTs and action/animation really is better than others. I mean look at other RPG fantasy animes, their action is boring and quick pace/short duration. Whatsmore this kind of large scale characters series up the barrier even higher.

Easily get 7/10.

Btw as a RPG player, its very cool to see:
-Tanker use sheild skill in action
-Cleric use the cage skill on dark Yuri
-and power shots from bow
valvravetruthMar 25, 2017 1:32 PM
Mar 25, 2017 2:09 PM

Jun 2015
The fight was pretty cool. Pirika returned back to everyone. Phoena is still alive because of her father. This was a decent show.
Mar 25, 2017 2:17 PM

Dec 2016
Nice to see that it was a join effort by Aram and Yuri's friends in order to save him.

Also good to see the black kings returning to his true self for a short while so he could save Phoena.

That dragon battle was pretty good.

And that is the end of a pretty good series/movie, I enjoyed it a lot.
Mar 25, 2017 3:26 PM
Apr 2016
Though obviously they could have made it look better, AND without knowing the context you feel left out of some things, but overall it is a decent participant in good versus evil crusade.
Re:formed
Mar 25, 2017 3:28 PM

Jun 2013
I liked it! The dragon fight was awesome and I'm glad no one ended up dying. Well, besides the Black King, but at least he died happy. Yuri's return felt a little anticlimactic though after all the build up.

anime list
manga list
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
APC
Anime Advocates
Mar 25, 2017 4:28 PM

Feb 2012
Yuri turns good again. His new armor looked pretty cool. I'm pretty disappointed he never ended up doing some really evil stuff while he was corrupted. I liked the dragons fighting tho it was really short.

Just my finals thought on the show. All the girls in this show looked great but the show was pretty mediocre overall.
Mar 26, 2017 2:20 AM

Nov 2011
Thanks to this final, so daring, very lively and compelling, I would say that this series deserves a little bit more than I had budgeted. If not for the plot a bit obvious, the end result would have been better, of course. Very nice costume design, as well as backgrounds, even though the characters do not feature too, were to my liking. Unfortunately it was a missed opportunity for the middle, this anime series.
Really nice all end-card at the end of episode. I forgot, also very beautiful soundtrack.

7/10
Mar 26, 2017 2:54 AM

Dec 2012
Damn, that was actually really awesome. An epic ost to match one hell of a final battle. It also ended on a nice note - with Aram continuing the cycle by drawing in comrades just as Yuri did for him. A complete 180 from his previous life of living only for himself. Chain Chronicle emphasizes the importance of bonds, as that was the main difference in how Yuri faced the black king at the end as opposed to the first episode where he felt he alone had to carry the weight of the world as a hero.

Chain Chronicle, for all of its imperfections, managed to do two big things for me that really stood out. The first was its sense of adventure. Maybe it's just because I recently re-watched the LOTR trilogy, but I couldn't help but think about the parallels of watching a small party setting out on a journey to save their world.

The second distinguishing feature was the presentation. The saying "style over substance" often carries a negative connotation. In Chain Chronicle's case, however, I beg to differ. The main reason I enjoyed watching this was because, well, I liked to look at it. As opposed to other shows where the CGI tends to stick out like a sore thumb, CC manages to cloak it well while making the most of it. Chain took the reins on trying something new and managed to develop its own personalized style.

Overall these two traits - adventure and style - are what won me over in spite of the other qualities that Chain Chronicle lacked.

7/10
Mar 26, 2017 5:05 AM

Dec 2015
Series was okay. I liked the action and the different chars and the fantasy setting. Some episodes were 8/10, some were 6/10. Most were 7/10. Staying with 7/10 at the end.

Did not like the final battle that much. But it was okay and the ending scenes after the battle (Aram and the boy with the apples) was nice.

I liked those battles with larger groups/armies better. (Previous episode with Shuza joining at the end was the best.) But I guess it was necessary for the plot to end to focus on the small group of Aram + Yuri and the others and not giving Shuza a lot more screen time.
Mar 26, 2017 7:53 AM

Jan 2011
I like fantasy so this would be a fun game to play I expect. The cast is pretty vast and I liked them all for the most part. The adventure component is always rewarding. That aside, this adaptation does the best it can but falls short as it's expected to for viewers that no nothing of the game. Still entertaining at segments but overall it was nothing more than fine.
Mar 26, 2017 3:14 PM
Oct 2013
^

I'm glad finding someone who has the same thought as mine. This anime would be great as an Role-Playing Game. I would love to play it. The large cast of characters are unique and well-designed, something memorable for a long time. However, it's somewhat lacking as an anime.
Mar 26, 2017 3:50 PM

Jun 2013
i liked it for what it was i guess
Mar 26, 2017 5:19 PM

Jul 2009
Could have been better, I had high hopes, but in the end it was just a fine anime...
At least Phoena is save, even when we did not get to know how her dad turned bad...
6/10
Mar 27, 2017 12:10 AM

Oct 2015
It was a nice ending. Soundtrack was on point!

5/10
Mar 27, 2017 6:41 AM
Mar 2016
Nice one, and wtf Phoena is the black king's daughter.
Mar 29, 2017 12:11 PM

Dec 2013
So the fairy girl disappears for the entire series, only to be brought back somehow in the last few minutes? Okay...

Nakama power and good triumphs over evil and all that jazz. I think my favorite character was the evil Oni dude. At least he was keeping it real.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 29, 2017 6:44 PM

Oct 2008
yey! the demon king was finally defeated because of Bonds (kizuna) and team-up of Yuri & Aram!
4/5.
7/10 - cuz of nano

Mar 30, 2017 2:09 PM

Jan 2015
I like how now former black king collapsed after saving Phoenna and no one even gave a shit, no one even turned to see what happened to him. LMAO. Who cares for an oldman right LOL
In the end that was pretty good anime with incredible characters 10/10 for me, the character design especially :O too bad most of them weren't developed or we didn't see much of them since there are TONS of characters 40+
Also i'm a shadowverse player and a lot of characters were similar, maybe that's why i loved characters so much.
Music, sound, art, animation top notch 10/10 That OP and ED song Ahh <3 i also liked how we got beautiful art at the end of each episode.
The story is one thing i had problem with. also wish it was more episodes and some parts weren't rushed.
8/10 in the end.
HirugikuMar 30, 2017 2:13 PM
Mar 31, 2017 8:12 AM

Apr 2014
Okay, that's a good finale I guess.
So I'll give this a 7 out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Apr 8, 2017 4:39 PM

Feb 2013
Where did Yuri get the fancy white armor?

Oooh! Dragon fight! Pretty!

Also, that shield -> archer scene was great.

4/10 (below average)
I wonder if the movie version might have been better. The anime suffered from poorly placed scene cuts too often. Action/animation quality was quite nice. The plot was alright. Characterization and storytelling were almost non-existent.

There were far too many characters for the number of episodes, making it seem rushed. The entire anime felt the same as a compressed summary movie of a longer anime.
Apr 16, 2017 1:02 AM

Dec 2012
That's finale was really great. The teamwork of the different classes and Aram/Yui were nicely done.
And for once, the boss was impressive and had several form, it looked like a good final fight of game.
Phoena also used her power to save everyone :).

Regarding the anime, Chain Chronicle could have been very good, but the way they skipped too many scenes made it hard to understand. Fortunately, the animation of actions is beautiful, which compensates the story (especially the last episodes) that are full of cliches.
Apr 24, 2017 10:33 AM
Jul 2008
Overall it is not bad.

So the reason the volunteer army didn't won at first was because they did not have Aram the OP character. Yuri was right to roll the gacha to get Aram to win.

What I'm disappointed for is some interesting characters in OVA do not appear or got sidelined here. Pirika only appear for 2 episodes, Yuni only talk like 1-2 lines, Touka talk for about 10 seconds, and Nympha does appear at all even though they're in the first anime key visual. I want to see Knuckle the glowing guy too.

valvravetruth said:
I realised something at the very last episode, the Tv version's quality is actually better than movie version. Some background/skill colouring has a tiny difference and brighter. One example below:

This is movie version,

The current Tv version(better version, you can see dark barrier clearer),

I read somewhere that TV version is a 'remastered' version of the movie version. TV version aired after the movie version. The movie is just 4 TV episodes merged into one
May 10, 2017 9:54 PM

Mar 2015
Good ending, Yuri was always gonna come back and eventually win.

But I guess I'll never fully understand it all unless I've played the game. Unless this was meant to drop us in the middle of the plot and we just accept and take it from there

6/10
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 7, 2017 1:34 AM

Oct 2015
This was the best anime i have watched so far for me and i will watch it again. Aram was my favorite character, although he spout those shonen bravado i adored him. His fighting style and look. 10/10 baby.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 2, 2017 4:50 PM

Jun 2013
I really like the fact that the anime was story focused action packed anime without any unnecessary drama. The beginning was confusing as it was a continuation from the game I assume but it wasn't complicated to understand.

6/10
Mar 26, 2018 2:35 AM

Feb 2012
Having never played the game, I felt that the lack of any sort of initial summary episode was a very negative way to start the series - Especially since this series came out AFTER the game was closed down (in the west).

Overall, this was a rushed, trope-heavy series that was... Barely enjoyable. Points for character design and the animation wasn't bad, but the background music was forgettable and the OP/ED never made me want to sit through and watch them after the initial.

6/10.
"The speck of fear grows in your eyes
You'll meet your death in no disguise
It may come as a small surprise
There will be no compromise for you"

- Nikopol Lyrics, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Mar 29, 2018 11:53 PM

Dec 2012
Aludra oppai.
Eirenus oppai.
No! Don't hurt Eirenus! Shuza you bastard!
Eirenus! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dat Phoena oppai!
Aram was saved.
Marina oppai. Kain lives. Mishidia oppai.
Yami Yuri...is no more. Dat new armor. Yuri the White Ranger now.
Red Eyes Black Dragon?
Blue Eyes stomped on him.
Blue Eyes vs Red Eyes.
Dat fall.
Blue Eyes returns to normal.
Seize the light!
They won.
Phoena dead?
Black King returned to normal.
He's dead.
The light in Phoena's oppai has been restored.
Pirika is back.
Selene. Katya.
Dat ending.

And that was the end. It was good. Disappointed that Eirenus had to die. She was too fine to die. Also, Nimpha not being in this makes me sad.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 28, 2019 2:52 AM

Jun 2011
meh guess this is yet just another promotional anime for the game.. story probably works for a game format but it's far too weak for a proper series. Very generic script as well as far as conversation/dialogue between characters.. characters dont really stand out..

Not a show worth the time watching.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 17, 2019 2:31 PM

Nov 2016
Wonder why so low ranking I really loved this anime (putted into favourite). The only bad thing in anime was: it missed too many information for someone who didn't play the game I had problems at start to understand what the hell is happening(ova wasn't enough it needed like 40-50 episodes to know backstory) but then I somehow connected what everything happened and I start enjoying this really good anime full of actions, adventure,magic without pointless comedy or parody (its hard to find good fantasy anime without that) and also it had also some looses not only full wins like in any "evil vs good" stories
Dec 31, 2019 5:45 PM

May 2018
This is clearly underrated. It's not a top anime, but it's better than some which are popular. The CGI was off at many parts but I enjoyed it nonetheless. 7/10 for sure. I loved Aram as a character! My shonen trash heart was happy!

►"The deeper the darkness the more dazzling the light shines." ◄
►"As you live you lose reasons and hope. But as you keep on going, you pick up new reasons and hope."◄
►"If I don’t stand up here… If I don’t reach higher here… When am I ever going to do it?"◄
Oct 16, 2020 3:15 AM
Oct 2019
It'd have been better if they made an ova with a prequel...like how Yuri and Phoena met...how they make a party etc.

Overall awesome animation which makes up for the plot. Was gonna give 8...but 7 cuz Yuri didn't got much spotlight.
Sep 3, 2022 5:46 AM
Jul 2021
very nice plot twists
Sep 20, 2022 2:04 AM

Mar 2013
Great ending even if the story telling was rather, to be honest, boring... good animation and battle scenes though, especially the background, the characters and their designs were spectacularly well made.
The song True Destiny by Nao Touyama made this series bearable to how the battle scenes and OSTs should be executed.
I actually love the story but disliked it on how they made it boring by making it too fast paced.
8~9★ would be the appropriate rating for me.
P.S. This is what a fantasy story should be like (and what I love about retro RPGs) but sad to say I didn't get the chance to play the game as the Eng version was removed from GPlay.
CrazyButNot4USep 20, 2022 2:10 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2017

32 by SamYG_ »»
Nov 25, 2023 9:00 PM

Poll: » Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2017

69 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Aug 31, 2022 9:02 AM

Poll: » Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2017

17 by Rob »»
Mar 29, 2018 11:13 PM

Poll: » Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2017

14 by Rob »»
Mar 29, 2018 2:42 AM

Poll: » Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2017

21 by Rob »»
Mar 29, 2018 1:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.