Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ajin: Demi-Human
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 16, 2016 10:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Back-to-back episode this week. Hmm, I think this episode was pretty entertaining. Interesting to still see Satou's followers alliances and loyalities in this operation.

Seeing Kei using his Ajin powers again was quite a sight to see although I think he was reaching his limits? I love how their conflict is turning more or less into a personal rivalry.

Satou is still tough as ever. Poor Tosaki..I feel like this season has been rather unlucky for him.
Stark700Dec 17, 2016 8:29 PM
Dec 16, 2016 11:49 PM
May 2013
No, Kei hasn't reached his limits with his Ajin powers. Satou prevented him from bringing out another IBM by using his own to pin down Kei's, instead of destroying it like it did the earlier ones. According to Satou , while Kei has a good amount of IBM stuff to bring them out in succession, he won't be able to manifest 2 at the same time. Hopefully he's wrong. Kei said it would 'take a while", but not sure if he means he can still bring out another with time, or just waiting for the current to disappear? Better be fast - Tosaki needs all the help he can get. I hope he doesn't die.
Dec 17, 2016 2:22 AM
Jan 2016
Jaslen said:
No, Kei hasn't reached his limits with his Ajin powers. Satou prevented him from bringing out another IBM by using his own to pin down Kei's, instead of destroying it like it did the earlier ones. According to Satou , while Kei has a good amount of IBM stuff to bring them out in succession, he won't be able to manifest 2 at the same time. Hopefully he's wrong. Kei said it would 'take a while", but not sure if he means he can still bring out another with time, or just waiting for the current to disappear? Better be fast - Tosaki needs all the help he can get. I hope he doesn't die.

Well, it's actually possible for Ajin to create multiple IBMs, but Nakamura is the only known case of that happening and it wasn't a conscious choice.

Kei's IBM lasts longer than other IBMs, so the "take a while" might be referring to how long it'll take Satou's IBM to dissipate and stop pinning his down.
Dec 17, 2016 3:07 AM
May 2013
MysteriousBanana said:
Jaslen said:

Well, it's actually possible for Ajin to create multiple IBMs, but Nakamura is the only known case of that happening and it wasn't a conscious choice.

Kei's IBM lasts longer than other IBMs, so the "take a while" might be referring to how long it'll take Satou's IBM to dissipate and stop pinning his down.

Thanks, now I recall... Nakamura did. Kei someday might, given how much of the black stuff he has.

And you're right about the 2nd point. Kei simply said "Shibaraku yurei wa denai", not 'dasenai'. Just wishful thinking on my part, I guess. lol Would be really cool to see multiples of his IBM all at once. Satou is so overpowered at this point. Not just physically but mentally as well.
Dec 17, 2016 5:43 AM
Sep 2015
So exciting, so intense and so thrilling. Love this anime. Plus finally i get to see nagai use his ghost to fight again. I really love it when Nagai tries his best to fight Satou. I like this Nagai that didn't give up even though you fail once

I really hate the fact that Satou only does this to entertain himself as a player just because he loves to do something thrilling. The way he shouts to nagai not to get in his way is really scary

but, why does the ending have to be a clifhanger where Satou shoots at shimomura plus with Tosaki's leg injured, really excited to see how they actually deal with Satou, and maybe end it once and for all
Dec 17, 2016 5:53 AM

May 2009
I hope soon Kai and his Ajin friend with wing IBM joins the team. I'm hoping for that to happen both in the anime and manga.
Dec 17, 2016 6:33 AM

Feb 2015
Things are looking quite bad for Kai and his team. I don't know how the situation will get any better but it must. I don't want Tosaki to die.
Dec 17, 2016 7:05 AM

Dec 2013
That was a rather predictable episode. The plan wasn't really that amazing tbh

Preview for the next episode is looking extremely intense.

Based Satou with the killer cliffhanger!
Dec 17, 2016 7:18 AM

Sep 2015
Dam it Satou is always several steps ahead of them
Dec 17, 2016 8:03 AM

Feb 2016
Does Satou have a future sight power or something? he ALWAYS find a way to ruin anyone's plan

(btw is not nice to eliminate a message here without giving a proper answer first)
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Dec 17, 2016 8:03 AM
Apr 2016
I can only hope that the promises Tanaka gave make him playing until the end to stab him in the behind. Though, how possible is it at this point...
Re:formed
Dec 17, 2016 8:09 AM

May 2015
Oh god, I hope they'll finish this show with a bang next week. It's really been a thrilling and exciting ride.

Dec 17, 2016 11:01 AM
Oct 2007
I'm not sure if I'm liking the fact that the changed story plot make me feel that Satou is really just a simple player. He wasn't even expecting that the US army troops might be using the poisonous gas against him after giving those weapons up in the first place. He even chose an underground (feels like a plot convenience to me) to fight and confront even if the US army troops do come?

Anybody who have read the original materials (novel?/manga?) care to summarize simply what happens alternatively instead? I did saw a comment few episodes back mentioning that the original materials didn't had a good story plot to end it as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2016 12:09 PM

Jun 2015
Having two episodes of Ajin is great. For this episode, Satou was really mad Kei and the others got in his way. Looks like Tosaki got hurt pretty bad. Now Satou is going to find everyone and kill them. Can't wait for the finale.
Dec 17, 2016 1:21 PM

Jun 2014
So Okuyama and the other guys did end up helping out Kei and the others. Not too surprising, they were starting to look uncomfortable being allied with Satou.

It seems like no matter what kind of plan you have against Satou, he'll somehow find a way to counter it. That cliffhanger though.....the final episode is going to be crazy.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 17, 2016 3:26 PM

Dec 2012
Fantastic episode.

Nagai's group working with Okuyama & the others.
LOL Ogura-"It's almost like a harem".

Nagai's strategy to bury Satou was good, but he's always a step ahead of everyone else.

DAMN that ending. Game...Start. So badass!!!

Can't wait to see how this ends.
Santoryu_XBurnerDec 17, 2016 3:31 PM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 17, 2016 4:37 PM

Jun 2013
an't wait to see how it's going to end
Dec 17, 2016 7:49 PM

Jan 2016
i watched this before the previous soooo

the pre-opening really shocked my 11/10

tanaka, i like him, full-apprentice now

soooo, japan/us continue to **** up

Satou's plan for anti-ajin group countered the kei plan that he did not want and.... k

i don't even know, but... AJIN ORGY INBOUND!

Dec 17, 2016 8:22 PM

Apr 2014
I feel bad for Tanaka the poor guy was literally in hell and to top it all off it was Satou who saved him and used him. He probably feels like he's his only option. The episode was pretty good though. I can't wait for the next one already. Glad to see Kei's sister warm up to him again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2016 8:29 PM
May 2013
Daniel_Naumov said:
I can only hope that the promises Tanaka gave make him playing until the end to stab him in the behind. Though, how possible is it at this point...

I have hopes of that too. He needs to be shown redeeming himself. I do not want to see him captured and have to go through those years of horrendous torture again. He's basically a good guy.
Dec 17, 2016 8:34 PM

Feb 2013
luccide said:

Anybody who have read the original materials (novel?/manga?) care to summarize simply what happens alternatively instead? I did saw a comment few episodes back mentioning that the original materials didn't had a good story plot to end it as well.

Most of what happens in the manga from the point of divergence
Dec 17, 2016 9:08 PM
Jan 2016
luccide said:
I'm not sure if I'm liking the fact that the changed story plot make me feel that Satou is really just a simple player. He wasn't even expecting that the US army troops might be using the poisonous gas against him after giving those weapons up in the first place. He even chose an underground (feels like a plot convenience to me) to fight and confront even if the US army troops do come?

The anime's portrayal of Satou is consistent with the manga's. Satou was never about liberating Ajins, he just used it as a way to corner the government and force them to deploy weapons and soldiers they would have never admitted to otherwise.

The manga went a different route: in the anime they waited for Satou to target the health minister to spring a trap (which the Americans interrupted), but in the manga they waited at the third and fourth targets' (the CEO and his secretary) office; the anti-Ajin force and American military were not introduced in that fight, but Kei's team was wiped out by Satou, and Satou did not get his hands on any secret experimental weapons.
Dec 17, 2016 10:34 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Looks like the government is ready to sacrifice people in order to stop Satou.
Everyone gets together and formulates a plan to take down Satou.

Bury him alive eh? Well it's not a bad plan. Sadly enough Satou had countermeasures.

Next episode is gonna be an intense finale.
Game...Start xD
Dec 18, 2016 12:21 AM

Oct 2012
Dang Satou is one hell of a player. He's so well prepared it scares me :/
Looks like we'll be getting an exciting conclusion next ep, can't wait!
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Dec 18, 2016 1:43 AM

Dec 2014
Even if his cellphone got damaged..may b he could have guided the IBM to manually trigger the bombs or to remove the rubble little by little which might have taken time but for an aging immortal it might not be a big deal...

Dec 18, 2016 5:16 AM

Mar 2013
Wew, Satou's one damn tough opponent, ain't he? Just when you thought you beat him, he appears again with his terrifying aura.

Still didn't understand why Tanaka chose to stay behind with Satou...
Dec 18, 2016 5:27 AM

Jul 2014
How does Satou always have a counter to anything you could possibly think to throw at him? His levels of preparation are downright ludicrous at times, but with any luck it'll make for a very interesting finale.
Dec 18, 2016 6:48 AM

Dec 2012
It irritates me that Nagai told Satou about the plan to gas him... why would he do that? It could have been a last resort.
Also, why didn't the government just hand out gas masks the moment Satou threatened to gas people?
Dec 18, 2016 6:55 AM

Mar 2014
Satou is looking for the end-boss? Jesus, he IS the end-boss.
I would shit into my pants if i would have him as end-boss XDDDDDD
Dec 18, 2016 7:04 AM

Jun 2016
Great week two Greats episodes
Satoooooooooooooo OMG O_O
Game Start X)

can't wait for the end...
EG99
Dec 18, 2016 9:14 AM

Dec 2016
Damn Americans using the Keep Your Hands Clean law against the Japanese citizens by using a nerve gas to capture Satou.

Satou is a true grand strategist I hope he takes out the American troops.
Dec 19, 2016 7:48 PM

May 2012
This second season has been great. I hope they can give us at least a satisfactory end to Ajin.

It was great that they went original, i hoped more animes like these would go original just to give a better end. Most animes have no chance of ever receiving more seasons so for a 24 anime i think it's better to go original at some point.
I despise woke people.
Dec 21, 2016 6:23 AM

Nov 2011
I like Satou so much more than the ignorant weaklings in Drifters. Why even bother with even an elementary strategy if the enemies are idiots?
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Dec 22, 2016 5:02 AM
Jul 2013
wew that cliffhanger.. really it will take something to take satou down.
Dec 22, 2016 10:27 PM

Feb 2012
I haven't enjoyed an antagonist as much as Satou for long time. This man just constantly surprises me. He just seems unstoppable. SUPER excited for the final episode.
Dec 23, 2016 8:42 AM

Jun 2013
Goddamn, what an episode! And what a cliffhanger!
Dec 23, 2016 10:41 PM

Oct 2008
oh Damn! Satou is really a tough one!
Still surviving from being buried!
Even though many are saying Nagai is a "baka" he's the only one who could match-up to Satou when it comes to planning strategies!
LOL so noisy when Kou met Takahashi and Ogura is correct, when all Ajin meets-up on one place, it feels like a harem LOLZ!
And now Okuyama team-up with Nagai with drone bomb support! it was cool but not enough to take down Satou.
Dat weapons Okuyama brought was awesome! it's really showy!
One more episode!!! can't wait!!!
5/5!

Dec 24, 2016 5:38 AM

Jan 2015
So I guess this time time is no more between Human and Ajin anymore, but more like Team Satou and Anti-Satou?
But even after that planning and the "team" finally work together, Satou proves himself to be one hell of an expert-difficulty type of enemy.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 24, 2016 8:40 AM

Oct 2011
Why is this show so good?
Dec 25, 2016 8:15 PM

Jan 2013
It seems that it's impossible to kill Satou since he always has a plan B.
Just one more episode!!! Can't wait to see how it ends.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 27, 2016 12:02 AM

Dec 2012
I'm happy to see Kei using his IBM again, it was a great episode. Upset Satou can be a good idea, but if he survives, you are sure to be dead. This guy is such a badass end-boss.
The cliffhanger with the epic song was perfect. So farm this anime is awesome
Dec 27, 2016 4:43 PM
Apr 2014
Okuyama is the best lol - "It was fun playing with you. Sorry." *explodes suicide drones*. And he saved the situation while they were discussing the co-operation. Even if he didn't need to do much. He at least understood in what position they are.

Also this is getting kinda ridiculous. Nagai's moods start to get a bit annoying. First he doesn't want to fight Satou again then he suddenly goes back and does want to fight Satou. Satou himself is unstoppable. Anything they do is meaningless because Satou has anything set up that saves him. And why the fuck is Tanaka still with him, that stupid piece of shit. "I thought we are fighting for Ajin rights" - then why the fuck are you still with him now that it is obvious Satou just wants to play games and doesn't give a shit about other Ajin...
Dec 28, 2016 5:03 PM

Jan 2016
Obviously Satou isn't gonna go down just like that
Dec 29, 2016 7:03 AM

Nov 2015
I think Kei's plan wasn't that good tbh.
Somehow Satou has a Plan B (again) & he seems very unconquerable.

4/5
Jan 2, 2017 3:16 PM

Feb 2013
That plan didn't work.
Jan 17, 2017 5:15 AM

Mar 2015
Hmmm wonder how this will wrap up. It's been great up to now for sure!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 21, 2017 4:04 PM

Feb 2013
Intense episode. Good stuff. Nice plan to get on Satou's nerves.
Feb 13, 2017 12:36 AM

Jun 2015
I legit think its over now, no one can fucking stop satou, he's too smart.
Jun 7, 2017 5:43 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The Nagai plan failed, and now Satou has the control!!!
I don´t know how will end:/
Dec 27, 2017 4:56 PM

Aug 2015
I can't believe that Shimomura will die, this is unacceptable ;-;.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

187 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 17, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2016

39 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 15, 1:51 AM

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2016

70 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 13, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2016

90 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 10, 9:10 PM

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2016

70 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 9, 10:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.