Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ajin: Demi-Human
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 6, 2016 4:22 PM

Dec 2013
John_Max said:
puqtato said:
The whole scene with Nagai was just so uncharacteristic of him, I can't help but think he has some ulterior motive.

exactly, whole episode i was w8ing for Nagai to pull some trick and change the outcome but damn, they failed :|
I guess the drama was kind of realistic in way that they prepared for this day so hard and missed their chance in a seconds.

Not really that realistic considering that they still had a decent chance. Kei's reaction was really over dramatic.
Dec 7, 2016 3:22 AM

Jul 2015
G_Spark233 said:
John_Max said:

exactly, whole episode i was w8ing for Nagai to pull some trick and change the outcome but damn, they failed :|
I guess the drama was kind of realistic in way that they prepared for this day so hard and missed their chance in a seconds.

Not really that realistic considering that they still had a decent chance. Kei's reaction was really over dramatic.

I guess you're right, they went a little overboard in that part but i think they just wanted to show that Nagai is a smartass and he figure it out that they run of luck the moment that Satou got up.
Also that guy with glasses was kind of like father figure for him, so it suppose to be really hard, i guess.
Dec 7, 2016 10:32 PM

Oct 2008
Damn! So many perished from the guys of Tosaki!
I hope Team Tosaki, Nagai & others defeat Satou once and for all!
4/5.

Dec 8, 2016 9:55 AM
Mar 2016
I felt disappointed. As soon as Satou started fighting the Anti-A's, the show threw logic out the window - yeah, in some shows you just have to accept that it's just for show, and go into a state of disbelief to just accept what happens as showmanship. But this, a show that tries to show a lot of strategic thinking... it felt boring.

The alleged "highly trained, specialized" forces didn't shoot Satou for whatever reason while they were capturing the rest of Satou's team. Even if he resets very quickly, it should take him a few seconds, (As shown in the fight after the toppling of a skyscraper) thus, allowing him to reset his team.

When this didn't happen, and Satou strolled through effortlessly, it felt fully clear that everything will fail in ridiculous ways with "plot twists", and the episode felt pointless after that point. Satou will complete his objective, nobody on his team will get captured and the show just goes on.

I was unfortunately right.

In my opinion, it sucks to see a show with MC's having the most misfortune ever, and never being able to do anything according to plan. It gets stale knowing they'll just fail every time, because it becomes too predictable.
SychoruxDec 8, 2016 9:59 AM
Dec 8, 2016 9:46 PM

Jun 2013
Damn, that was intense!
And kei losing it affected me more than i expected.
Dec 9, 2016 9:14 PM

Jan 2013
I know that Satou is the bad one but i still can't stop loving/admiring him, he is so badass xD They don't stand a chance against him, he is always 5 steps ahead of them.
That elevator part xD "That was like a rollercoaster ride" hahahaha
I wonder what they found, probably some nukes.
Basically, Nagai spent all his time training his IBM for nothing...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 12, 2016 1:54 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Next episode is time for..........The Big Gun!
Since it was locked away, it must be a plot point soon. Meanwhile our rag tag gang of heroes is at a low point. Satou is riding a wave of success. And it is dinner time for me......
Dec 15, 2016 10:52 AM

Mar 2015
Not really surprised with Nagai's emotion here. We all know how this show introduced Nagai as emotionless / objective freak and kind of sociopath, but there's such thing as character development and don't forget that our MC is a high-school dude. If you don't like the consistency with his core personality, i guess you have to blame the author. lol! iGreat series so far, felt bad for some who didn't watch it because of CGI issues (animation taste adjustment).

Gramps Satou have always been the bad-ass villain since season 1, i hope there's a back-story abt him.
One of best villain ever created in anime.
lyovDec 29, 2016 7:29 AM
chill, let's just agree to disagree.
Dec 24, 2016 4:22 AM

Aug 2011
Satou is on some serious sh*t. He is a character I just love to hate, and he brings it every time he appears.

I have to say it was awesome seeing the WTF look on Nagai's face; he's gotten way too arrogant this season.
Dec 30, 2016 1:34 PM

Apr 2016
Great episode. I think this series deserves more attention.

Satou is now in my top list of the best villains of all times. Really evil and cool in the same time.
Dec 31, 2016 5:30 PM

Feb 2013
Satou has his IBM well trained. Didn't see that one coming now did we?
Hat-man FTW!

I wonder what was locked up in the basement.
Jan 1, 2017 4:52 PM

Feb 2013
Satou won again, they can't beat him.
Jan 4, 2017 8:46 PM

Sep 2013
Holy shit. So freaking good.
Jan 12, 2017 8:25 AM

Jan 2015
Best episode by far!
Jan 17, 2017 4:04 AM

Mar 2015
Whoa so intense, this one! To see Kei helpless and squealing served him and his arrogance right but it was so sad to see all those others die. Can he still say they were expendable?
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 28, 2017 1:37 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Sato obliterated them. He's just too skilled and experienced.

Nagai's IBM is useless and cannot be trusted.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 31, 2017 12:41 PM

Jan 2011
Eh, that was a lot of forced story.

Satou did anticipate the angle he's gonna be attacked without even knowing that someone is there mutliple times. And not just *barely* catching it, or some luck with a little random twitch getting him out of the way, but he had his IBM in *exactly* the right spot, down to the cm.

And all those guys..not hitting stationary targets half the time, and the other half not even trying. Especially the police in the end. Tanaka and co where clearly visible on the stairs, and what does the police do? Totally ignore them.

Not that the other side is better. "Reset our guys" "I'm kinda busy". Huh? With what? Shooting at tables? They lay in plain sight, he didn't even have to move out from cover. Heck, he could have beat them to death with his bare hands without leaving cover.

And who the hell designs locks for a super secret experimental whatever weapons cache that *open* when power is out? That it is not shielding against EMP is another issue. While they did not expect Sato to have/use one, i don't think it's unreasonable for a company that builds experimental equipment with a lot of tech to shield the storage.

The fact that these new launcher didn't have any purely mechanical way of firing..it might not explode directly over the targets head (though that presentation was bad enough. What does it do if someone doesn't have a gaping hole in the shield? Or if they are covered from above?), but it's stll a grenade launcher.

How Satou knows all this shit is still a mystery, too. His computer freak can only look for something he knows that is there, you won't accidently stumble upon the existence, location and how to open a secret weapon bunker. Unless they have a non-secret weapon bunker with electronic locks and a physical key that only the CEO has. I wonder though why they use what looks like a key card to mechanically move a lever. Or they conveniently forgot that electronics were supposed to be disabled in the same scene they were talking about the *purely* electronic looks being disabled..

And of course Nagai breaks down in just the right moment, despite being in deeper shit before. And Sato makes threats he can't make true. He can either kill Nagai now - pointless. Or he can cut his eyes or whatever, sure, but then someone else can simply kill Nagai. Heck, if he leaves him behind like he did, the goverment is sure to do so in their tests, so at most it will be a day or so blind or whatever.

And Satos IBM, which according to him doesn't show much initiative, shows quite a lot there. Picking up a gun, shooting two people, sliding the gun to Sato and attacking Nagai. Thats like four actions totally independent from each other (except that it did need a gun to shoot, but that doesn't mean it knows it has to get a gun, heck, it might not even know what a gun is.

That even the (at this point still cool-headed) Nagai doesn't immediately secure Sato, but instead is dumbfounded that they actually got him..probably wouldn't have helped, but this didn't really help, either.
Feb 12, 2017 1:15 PM

Jun 2015
Dayum wtf, is satou unstoppable or what, somebody just fucking catch him already, he annoys the fuck outta me.
Feb 19, 2017 7:30 AM

Apr 2015
Started watching anime again, this would be the start

Eh the scene in the room was a bit stupid really, could have been much more convincing IMO
Me not having any emotional resonation with MC doesn't really help in this episode
Feb 24, 2017 12:04 AM

Dec 2016
Wow whaddya know, Nagai-kun actually does have feelings! I knew he had to actually care a lil deep down... it was nice to finally see it, even though I felt so bad for him :( A lot of people are rooting for Sato because he's a badass OP villain which is cool but I'm with Kei here in that he really dgaf about ajin rights and just wants the power for himself so I hope they find some way to stop him. I don't even care who does it just pls someone wipe that menacing smile off his face one way or another lmao

So many unexpected things this ep tho (especially Tosaki actually helping out and not throwing them under the bus lol), and I think it was really well done, even though I do agree with the ~*random plot twists!*~ being slightly overused lol
Mar 7, 2017 7:44 PM

Jan 2012
weak lol , satoo is a beast

May 12, 2017 2:39 PM

Aug 2009
Damn, they mercilessly killed off those dudes in front of Nagai... That was hard to watch.
The rest of the episode was incredibly intense. Satou is such a bad ass, holy shit.

I'm really hoping we'll get a third season someday, but I highly doubt it. Probably one of the best action thrillers I've ever seen.
5/5
May 14, 2017 12:34 AM
Oct 2008
I watch this anime while i do other stuff in the computer, but I don't get how it can make so little sense.
They in some way show their world is very similar to ours, but on the other hand it doesn't.

The goverment decisions make no sense at all. You have a group of superhuman entities threatening the national security of japan.

This group tell you WHERE and WHEN they will attack, and they send a group of guys to stop them. What?
How many people used to stop them? 100? 200?.

Here is what would happen in our world if This shit went on for real. First, after the few kills on the list, the rest of the group of targets, would be sent to to highly secure military bunkers, protected by a few thousands soldiers.

After all the killings satou did and all the threats he presents, you don't seend a small platoon of elite guys. You send a whole corps, we are talking around 30k soldiers, and around the zone you send a few regiments of 4k people to different connection points, also for backup to control connected areas. NOTHING gets even close to it. And you don't send a single helicopter. You send a few, and also a few more close to the zone in case backup is needed and to control in and outs.

The idea that Satou and his team have any chance is ridiculous and nonsensical. Such team would be completely annihilated by anything close to resembling Current Japan army, Not to say that it wouldn't create a few Elite units, you would have at least a full battalion of guys trained to fight these things. Polly with not only specialized ranged weapons (maybe archers, since arrows are very crippling yet non lethal) but also melee weapons, like blunt weapons, and other crippling yet non lethal weapons., prolly kind of Nets, and cuffs traps.
Also big sized cages, where you can throw people in immediatly and lock them in.

The idea that a this small Ajin team can actually fight head on the Japanese goverment is nothing short of ridiculous and nonsensical.

The sad part is that they could still create an interesting story, they are still have advantages, and they have the main advantage of any Rebel group. They fact that they don't know where the main base is, or where they are gonna strike next. Because that it would create an interesting story.

But the idea that they could actaully fight head on the goverment of japan by announcing the place and time of their targets, is just so laughable non believable that is just moronic.

Jun 1, 2017 4:48 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Satou had all planned :/
Jan 1, 2018 3:29 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
It was almost back to the laboratory for Nagai lmao. Satou is extremely dangerous!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 24, 2018 11:00 PM

Jul 2013
Damn Sato is really some badass mofo. He just makes you wanna root for him. Anyway I wonder how Kei and his gang can make a comeback from here.
Mar 13, 2018 3:05 PM

Nov 2015
That was hard seeing the team members die, I liked them. RIP
Sep 25, 2018 9:19 AM

Apr 2014
I love it when shows aren't afraid to give total despair a try. Let the MC lose, let someone important die, back to square one.

Too many shows nowadays go the happy ending route.
Jan 2, 2019 5:15 PM
Jul 2017
I came here right after the breakdown scene before finishing it, just to see if anyone else was as pissed off as me. Of course not, everyone is always looking at the bright side. Well, I almost threw my laptop across the room. Kei was way too out of character. After all that talk about Kei having an advantage with his IBM and him being so composed all this time, to see him freak out so much just because Satou's IBM was moving on it's own. What happened to being adaptable to changes?? If he had kept his guard up and his composure like always, instead of cheering like the idiots he look down on, he would have had a great chance at stopping him. I swear that reminded me much of that pathetic final ending of Death Note. No matter how deeply you look into it and no matter how poetic you make it out to be, it was all total bs.
Jan 2, 2019 5:35 PM
Jul 2017
puqtato said:
The whole scene with Nagai was just so uncharacteristic of him, I can't help but think he has some ulterior motive.

Overall the episode was pretty meh aside from the Satou action.

The whole time Nagai was freaking out, I thought he was just acting and waiting for a chance for some genius plan to come together and turn the tables on Satou while he thinks he's won, up until the crew members were all killed. Then I realized the director actually intended us to buy into that overdramatic bs.
Feb 21, 2019 4:38 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
satou is like super OP can they even beat him? o.o

Apr 15, 2019 12:41 AM

Jun 2017
Best episode in this anime ajin
Nice job!
Feb 9, 2020 3:24 AM

Jul 2015
Best episode so far in this second season, really on par with Satou's attack from the first season

Satou really is a monster, I wonder how many thousands of times he has practiced in order for him to move his IBM like that.

Jul 7, 2020 10:49 PM

Dec 2018
"Time to return the favor" lol, it's as if Tanaka don't find to be killed by Satou quite pleasing.

Seems that glasses man have put quite a dent on Kei's heart.

Tanaka wants to kill that president by himself, that's why he's mad he died at the hand of Satou. It seems eventually Tanaka will betray him.

Somehow this battle is easier than the one where Satou fights the Elite Special Force(whatever that name is).

I thought the winged IBM will join the party, but it seems it's still too early.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Aug 22, 2020 3:05 AM

Sep 2018
I support Satou about equal rights of Ajin but it seems that he wants something more :( Poor Tanaka, he wants to go back to normal life.
Aug 27, 2020 6:39 AM

Jul 2020
It’s great to see that the special forces put up a good fight at least. Satou’s combat skills is just in a different level.

It’s also good that Satou wasn’t defeated by Kei. It will be a disappointment if that happens because obviously Satou’s plan is much better and he’s really a badass. Kei needs to learn more. I just wonder why he can’t summon his ghost given that he’s so rational and calm in the past episodes. Maybe Satou triggered something in him that makes him unstable emotionally.

Overall that was a nice episode. One of the best so far for this season.
May 18, 2021 5:49 PM
Oct 2019
Haha

Plan failed

I wonder how you practice having your ghost stay alive and do things when you're incapacitated. Doesn't make sense

Also wonder if Tanaka and acetone else will turn on Sato since he keeps doing his own thing (i know they're weak, so they won't)

Why do people that are ajin age? Doesn't make sense

And Sato being quick and able in hand to hand combat like that - up against younger military guys - is nonsense. Not believable at all
Sep 26, 2022 10:57 AM
Mar 2017
Hated seeing what a useless little kid Kei is when it comes to fighting.
Dec 30, 2022 2:27 PM

Nov 2020
Ugh! They were so close to beating him! He is just too good!
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Feb 2, 2023 3:25 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Well, that was an epic fail.
Jan 10, 9:10 PM

Oct 2022
I was afraid Tosaki was going to make a different decision there at the end.. Glad he turned around

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

187 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 17, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2016

58 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 17, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2016

39 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 15, 1:51 AM

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2016

70 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 13, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2016

70 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 9, 10:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.