MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya Movie Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu »» The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya Movie Discussion

Pages (43) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: The Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

1228 89.57%
4 out of 5: Liked it

98 7.15%
3 out of 5: It was OK

31 2.26%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

6 0.44%
1 out of 5: Hated it

8 0.58%
Voters: 1371

02-05-10, 8:53 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So this highly anticipated movie has finally hit the Japanese theaters, Im sure the question many people are asking is...was it any good?
Although I would say im bracing for epic based on the OST + trailers + screens + reading the novel I wonder if anyone lucky enough has already gone and watched this 2 hour and 43 minute event. And of course, give us your thoughts on it.

I guess the best we can do for now is wait for a camrip soon(not likely) or for the DVD/BD months from now
Modified by game8910, 02-06-10, 10:58 AM
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA? :D
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)

02-06-10, 1:05 AM

I just watched the movie this afternoon. I did not read the novel so I knew nothing excepted it was about Haruhi's disappearance, but I thought the story was pretty good. Didn't seem so long either, but some scenes were amazingly epic. I think that Kyon and Yuki are my favorite characters, now. :3

02-07-10, 4:35 AM

Kyon-kun asa da yo, okite~!

Amazing movie, it was a perfect adaptation of the novel . In fact, I feel like I like the movie is better than the novel because some scenes were just amazingly well done, and felt more intense than the novel counterparts.
The production values are of course top-notch, this being a KyoAni production and all.

Also, as expected, Yuki moe overload. And long haired Haruhi キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━!!!!
Modified by Charliehsv, 02-07-10, 7:55 AM

02-07-10, 8:23 AM

I read the novel again yesterday just because I wished I could be watching the movie.....

At this point I'd watch a shitty camera rip.

I'm hoping that in like a couple months a copy of the DVD, not for sale, will be circulated very low key by top KyoAni members. Then one of them will rip it for us! This is how most movies in theaters now (at least in the states) get pirated before the official DVD release.

Of course that is just my wishful thinking.....

/me wants movie

02-07-10, 11:16 PM

Watched it yesterday. And of course it was fucking awesome. Yuki was definitely the star of this movie. Certainly a moe overload. Have no real complaints other than the soundtrack.

02-12-10, 11:30 AM

Faust721 said:
Watched it yesterday. And of course it was fucking awesome. Yuki was definitely the star of this movie. Certainly a moe overload. Have no real complaints other than the soundtrack.

What's wrong with the soundtracks? I've listened several time movie OST and it's really great. Well, unless you dislike orchestra then that explains why. Seriously to say, I can't even imagine how some people can dislike orchestra. :/

Anyway, can't wait for DVD rip and cam rip(if there's going to be one which I highly doubt).

02-14-10, 11:21 AM

Like Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody(2nd favourite story after... well, you know) I'm really looking forward to it. But I want to know what differences there was with the new Bouken Desho Desho?

02-14-10, 1:47 PM

To all of you who are like me, going crazy waiting for a chance to view this movie, a word of advice; don't read the novel.

I read The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi again and let me tell you, it only made me want to the see the movie EVEN MORE. This wait just became exponentially longer and harder for me (pause). Seriously, biggest mistake I've made in 2010 was rereading that novel.... I want to see the movie so baddddddd

02-15-10, 7:36 AM

Yesterday, I watched this movie. I fell unconscious and crying.
It is faithful to the original animation was created.
And really felt the spirit of Kyoto Animation.
Still, the scene of snow falling above the Yuki and Kyon ・・・・T.T

I'm sorry in poor English.

02-17-10, 6:59 AM

I watched this movie last week in Kawasaki. When op song "bouken desho desho" was playing, I felt our haruhi had come back!! A lot of people in the theater seemed to be moved. The most impressive scene is that Kyon pushed Enter key, which is button to return to previous world.

This movie reminds me that haruhi is in a class of my own.

02-18-10, 7:29 AM

REALLY epic movie!!
Alt-Nagato is extra moe!
and Kyon did good job on his monologue.
Also Ryoko dancing in the end was awesome.

Actually they kept rather faithfull to the novel, which is a good thing.
Yeah, the movie was almost three hours but didn't feel that long.

I think It was sold out on the day I watched it (Shinjuku Wald 9).
Good thing they had online reservation.

"Time is liquid. One moment is no more important than any other and all moments quickly run away."

04-02-10, 8:54 PM

even with the crap quality, the flickering....and the resolution...it didnt matter...this movie was just incredible...I was left speechless for a lot of moments, and even though I read the novels and I knew what was going to happen, all the good scenes from the novel were just pumped full of steroids for the movie....there is no comparison here, usually the source material is better than the adaptation...but im making an exception here...this movie surpassed what I thought was the best arc of the Haruhi series...things this good dont show up very often...here is a 10/10 for this movie, I guess that makes it the 5th thing I give that score on my list now
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA? :D
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)

04-03-10, 2:09 AM

Watched it today along with saka ^^. And of course it was fucking awesome. Yuki was definitely the star of this movie. Certainly a moe overload. Have to rewatch it with better quality but ye so far i enjoyed it was very exciting and had wtf moments lol XD

Haruhi with long hair as well <3

04-03-10, 2:25 AM

Naratchi said:
You could partially skip through the beginning or something, just to check the quality, and decide on your own if it's worth watching/waiting for the subs.

Oh... 36 minutes. Сould not stop before.
game8910 said:
even with the crap quality, the flickering....and the resolution...it didnt matter...this movie was just incredible...

absolutely agree. amazing thing.
sorry for my english

04-03-10, 2:50 AM

aeo said:
Naratchi said:
You could partially skip through the beginning or something, just to check the quality, and decide on your own if it's worth watching/waiting for the subs.

Oh... 36 minutes. Сould not stop before.
game8910 said:
even with the crap quality, the flickering....and the resolution...it didnt matter...this movie was just incredible...

absolutely agree. amazing thing.

I watched 23 minutes of it...a whole normal episode. God, I want subs with this, the quality doesn't ruin the giant greatness of the movie, just as you guys say.

04-03-10, 3:59 AM

Well, I just skimmed through cam rip. Yeah, movie looks incredible. Can't wait DVD/Blu-ray!

04-08-10, 7:37 PM

Just caved in and watched the camrip version... it only makes me anticipate a proper release more. I can already tell even with the low-res that the animation is great, the characters/VAs are at the top of their game (even without words, knowing the characters/plot/context and a their delivery allows one to get the gist of the conversation), and from what I've heard of the firsthand experience, they didn't sacrifice the plot either. Can't wait for a good-quality release with subs.

04-09-10, 4:26 AM
News Team
I'm liking the movie even though it's camrip right now. Nice Yuki-chan with emotion, very shy~.

I chose to watch raw ver. of camrip instead of sub, but it is worth to wait until DVD release and watch more HQ ver., in raw later.

Modified by tsubasalover, 04-09-10, 8:25 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

04-09-10, 5:10 AM

tsubasalover said:

Gonna rewatch it now with the Mazui subs. I'll probably watch this movie many more times. <3
Modified by Vinhthehero, 04-09-10, 5:20 AM

04-09-10, 6:48 AM

do i need to finish the 2nd season to be able to watch the movie xD?

Pages (43) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices