Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Handa-kun
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 25, 2016 3:16 AM

Nov 2012
So in the end Hand finally notice his... well, not friends, but I guess... "admirers".
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Sep 25, 2016 4:17 AM

Jul 2014
LOL I like the effects they always make whenever Eraser is around!

I really enjoyed this show but as much as Barakamon. (Probably because of Naru. lol and also Sei is loads more neurotic in that show which makes him better and even more hilarious in my eyes xD)

But still, I loved watching this show and it was loads of fun from start to finish.
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Sep 25, 2016 5:22 AM

Apr 2013
Funny show. So this is how Handa turned into a narcissist. Now I want to see these characters on Barakamon especially Eraserhead and the Handa Force.

Sep 25, 2016 11:46 AM

Dec 2012
Great ending, I'm happy that Handa finally understood how he is popular. Handa-kun was a good comedy :)
Sep 25, 2016 8:18 PM

Aug 2013
good run..
ERASER! my favorite lol
Sep 25, 2016 9:31 PM
Jan 2015
Funny show. ERASER the best.

6/10 (because I didn't like this adaptation so much, I still prefer the manga)
Sep 26, 2016 11:56 AM

Aug 2010
Eraser is so fun XD

I loved how he found out everyone loves him :D I felt like this was the opposite of Kumamiko which ended on a dark note. This one is bright :)

Why the fuck is everyone comparing to Barakamon. They have absolutely nothing to do with eachother in terms of genre tbh. Even tho u could say its a prequel. It really isn't. Not comparable at all
Sep 26, 2016 3:30 PM
Dec 2011
I have not yet seen Barakamon but I had blast with Handa-kun. I enjoyed most episodes, and the ending was more satisfying than I expected.

Overall I think deserves something like 8-8.5/10
Sep 26, 2016 7:13 PM

Aug 2015
I'm pretty satisfied with how they managed to end it, and bring everything together. And finally able to help Handa take down his wall and see that everyone likes him.

Yes. Definitely a very satisfying ending.

Fantastic show. Absolutely fantastic.
Sep 27, 2016 7:16 AM

Jun 2016
Oh my god this anime had stolen my heart ! I can't imagine my life without it !
The last eposide is perfect !! my heart is rasing :(
when he finally know that all people around him are love him !
and he fainally can say good morning and feel good !
the ending is the best !!! when they become real beside him and he smiling at the end :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2016 8:16 AM

Dec 2012
xHaya said:
Oh my god this anime had stolen my heart ! I can't imagine my life without it !

Handa-kun does it again!
Sep 27, 2016 2:51 PM

Oct 2011
Will miss Handa kun. Good bye Handa Force
Sep 28, 2016 6:46 AM
Feb 2012
It certainly had its moments but overall I enjoyed Handa more in his tsukkomi role in this show's sequel.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Sep 28, 2016 6:24 PM

Mar 2016
Very good final episode
Why many people compare this with barakamon?This is spin off lol

8,2/10

Sep 28, 2016 6:25 PM

Mar 2016
Very good final episode
Why so many people compare this with barakamon?This is spin off lol

8,2/10

Sep 29, 2016 6:49 AM

Jul 2013
Im surprised by how much it improved. The last 3 eps were all great and elevated the show a lot.
Fantastic finale too.
Sep 29, 2016 9:57 AM
Jul 2016
I thought it was gonna be a lame ending with nothing resolved for Handa usually how an anime ends, but it was nice to see that he finally realized that he's actually popular and and everyone actually loved him.

Really liked the last two episodes.

Barakamon was better than this(IMO) , but still it's a good watch...
It was an enjoyable journey.

My rating 6/10
Sep 29, 2016 11:00 AM

Apr 2014
This anime was surely one of the best shows for Summer Season this year.
So because of that I'll rate this anime a 8 out of 10 score overall.
I wish they make a sequel to Barakamon soon. Oh well, I'll read the manga then.
Haters always gonna hate.
Sep 29, 2016 1:00 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
You know what? I didn't expect them to let Handa realize that he's being liked, so GOOD on that one. 7/10 instead since this was a good payoff.
Sep 29, 2016 3:19 PM

Oct 2008
Handa-kun now finally knows that everyone doesn't hate him.
It was a good episode season ender.
ERASER still a stalker!
4/5.
7/10.

Sep 30, 2016 12:19 AM

Oct 2015
Finally Handa realised that he was popular in the end and it was pretty expected. I dont know whether Kawafuji was trying to hog the spotlight from Handa when he told him to put the prized helmet on him or was it to help Handa to live a normal life.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 30, 2016 3:57 AM

Feb 2016
The last few episodes seemed a bit less funny than the previous ones or maybe overused. The suicide ep was by far the best. Still liked the show, think it should be a tad higher.

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Oct 3, 2016 9:46 AM
Apr 2014
Kawafuji finally forcing Handa in the right direction after keeping him in his illusions for so long.

Actually a nice and unexpected end to this. Overall it was not quite as good as Barakamon but it definitely improved after the first few episodes.
Oct 11, 2016 8:33 AM

Aug 2012
I don't really get the bad reviews of this series.
I'm not really entertained by the main series - Barakamon, but this spin-off was really enjoyable till the end, despite the off-putting first 10 minutes of episode 1.

Solid 8/10 for me.
Oct 13, 2016 10:17 AM

May 2012
A fine ending I guess, in general it was a fun watch but it felt lacking in so many points and had so much forced comedy that it started to bother me.

So in general a fine anime but definitely not as good as Barakamon!
Oct 18, 2016 6:06 AM

Apr 2015
nice ending...
at last, Handa knew that everyone doesn't hate him...
now give me the 2nd season of Barakamon!!
Oct 22, 2016 12:28 PM

Jun 2016
I reallyenjoyed this show! The characters are all likeable, and the misunderstandings are quite funny. Especially love Handa and his innocence! <3
Oct 22, 2016 9:32 PM

Jan 2012
It had a rocky start but it was pretty decent
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Oct 25, 2016 10:07 AM

Oct 2013
Pretty nice ending for a depressing series, finally Handa knows that everyone loves him, like focken get a clue will ya.. wtf, and Kawafuji dude is such a despicable person

Overall score 6/10 nothing special about it, nothing compares to Barakamon
Nov 4, 2016 5:38 AM

Mar 2015
Ok again. Little plot twist for Handa realizes that everyone likes him.

ED Animation: 3/5

3.1/5

Overall: 3/10
Nov 14, 2016 11:45 AM

Aug 2008
The end made me think of Kuma Miko. Contrary to that piece of shit, here we had some actual closure and resolution. Even if everything was done for comedic purposes (humour was quite often falling flat though) the actual drama was somewhat resolved. Overall, it was very rough around the edges, graphics especially were rather poor but it was still pretty enjoyable. Overall, I would say it worked as comedy actually better than Barakamon as slice of life or even drama. Nothing amazing but at least there were no annoying kids around.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 26, 2016 10:16 PM

Jun 2012
That was actually a really great ending. The comedy throughout was good and it really recovered from a poor start. I hope they make Barakamon Season 2 now.
Dec 14, 2016 9:44 AM

Nov 2014
Tbh I wish it was separate series from Barakamon. Knowing what will happen later made all those funny characters feel unimportant.

And Eraser best girl.
Jan 3, 2017 7:36 AM

Mar 2015
Nice way to end this one! Had its enjoyable moments for sure!

6/10!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 19, 2017 1:52 PM

Jun 2011
That was cringy, spent the entire series forcing Handa to misunderstand every situation he can, then forcing him to accept that he's been pretty popular all this time.. the 180 turn in direction feels kind of weird and sudden.

The entire series was boring, the only part I found amusing was when Eraser started singing as she was gonna kill herself. Handa is basically Diva in this show, I don't know how that will work once he's out of his shell.

I know people often use the "..but Handa-kun is not Barakamon" argument, but I can't help but feel that the mangaka probably doesn't know why Barakamon became popular.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 26, 2017 7:43 PM

Feb 2015
This was great for the people who haven't seen Barakamon I guess.

I really enjoyed it.
Apr 3, 2017 1:27 PM

Mar 2017
Wait wait.
So Hana finally understood what the people around him felt?

Wah I'm so happyyyy~

Really enjoyed this series. Can't believe that it has so low reviews.
And also,

Please stop comparing this to Barakamon.

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Aug 14, 2017 9:21 PM

Apr 2016
As expected, the first half of the episode was hilarious! XD

I love that Rai-kun proudly bought the Handa-chan manga! I love that delinquents typically seem scary, but Rai-kun was walking and reading his Handa-chan manga, while his friend was holding cotton candy. :P Well, it was great to know that Rai-kun enjoyed his manga, since he commented, “Pretty cute.” XD

It was nice to see the Handa Force hang out, during their break. It’s too bad – the crew wanted to visit Hanada, to get their Handa makeovers, but third-years approached them for help. LOL at Tsutsui’s “What’s the matter? Wait, who are you?!” XD I assumed that Tsutsui would know the third-years when he asked them what was wrong. :P It was nice of the third-years to approach the Handa Force about Kuro High’s arrival, but lol, anyone would have thought they were injured from protecting Handa. The third-years deserved getting beaten, for lying underneath the stairs to stare at girls’ panties. ‘-_____-

While the Handa Force were searching for Handa, it was cute to see our protagonist sit and eat the bread that ERASER tends to leave for him, in his Elizabeth I costume. :) It’s kind of funny that Kuro High never actually hurt anyone, but people kept screaming and running away from them… xD Hanada’s Handa makeover abilities was impressive!! So many people looked like Handa! :O LOL at Kuro High’s confusion -> “Why does the person handling the makeup look the least like him?” It’s Hanada’s teeth!! XD Bravo to Hanada for not revealing Handa’s location, since he “swore [his] alligence to Handa!”, but lol to Dash for arriving and revealing our protagonist’s location :P

LOL at Tsugumi, who was simply sitting there! I love that she was still fortune-telling, but she scared Rai-kun, and chased the poor delinquents! XD Meanwhile, it was nice to see that ERASER and Hirayama were still hanging out, and chose to protect Handa together. I guess being tied up by ERASER, didn’t stop Hirayama from befriending her…? :’D Btw, what was that word that flashed by behind Hirayama’s head?? + LOL at the biology teacher, Okayama, for acting like he didn’t hear their conversation! XD What’s with the beard?

It seems that while the Handa Force were busy looking for Handa and Kuro High, Aizawa made sure to have fun – he got himself a fun pair of glasses, a frilly necklace, and food! XD I love that Hanada hung onto Dash, to report to the Handa Force about the ‘crime’ the runner committed.

It was fun to see Shiro High again! They were very generous for buying 30 copies of the Handa-chan manga, for their class! :) It was nice to see the Ichimiya Force take a photo in front of their own calligraphy sign as well! Handa, how can you not recognize how loved you are? The festival is named after YOU! And there are even stations that are named after you, with chibis of YOU!

Congrats to Handa for being prepared for the afternoon Romeo and Juliet play! Handa is SO precious! Handa felt empty, and thought it was because he wasn’t doing anything… So he thought he should have a line. LOL that while Shiro High and Kuro High were bickering and fighting, Handa was still focused on saying his line! XD “Cease your fighting!” had beautiful timing Handa, lol!! All hail Elizabeth I! <3 I’m glad Shiro High and Kuro High got along afterwards. :) (And lol at the Shiro High members, for taking after their Handa Force counterparts. :P ) Although, poor Rai-kun got attacked by ERASER! … He didn’t even finish writing down her nickname in his blood. xD

Sorry Tennouji…I still can’t get used to your hair. ;______; LOL to Juri and Maiko still bickering, as both of them didn’t have the courage to approach Handa! LOL to the Bishoujo Picture Club and Tsugumi for looking away, when Handa looked in their direction. xD Of course, the Handa Force were creeping up on Handa… But LOL, Handa still questioned, “What’s going on?” :P Yay to Kawafuji smiling at Handa. :) LOL to ERASER and Hirayama for creeping on Handa, but then disappearing once he turned his head… :P

Congrats to the Bishoujo Picture Club for their Club Activity award! Sakurame looked nice in that cardboard crown! :P LOL to ERASER for catching Handa’s cup, when he dropped it out of shock, after he was called to go on stage! XD

It was kind of cute to see the Handa Force’s protectiveness, like Aizawa’s “Stop it already! Who in the world are you?!”, and Reo’s “Get off, four-eyes!” Bravo to Kawafuji’s friend for defending our four-eyes -> “Hey! Don’t you dare treat Kawa-chan like some underling!” Whoops, the whole school got into a fight, since they wanted the helmet, if Handa wasn't going to get it… Tsutsui’s “Everyone, shut the hell up! There’s no way that guy there is Handa-san’s friend!”, and Hirayama’s “He’s right! There’s no reason for Handa-kun to give him the helmet!” really reinforced how high of pedestal the whole school placed Handa!

It was touching when Kawafuji said, “Take a closer look at the way things really are,” and Handa’s admirers cheered for him – his wall broke down, and he was surprised by the love his student body had for him. :-) It was nice of Kawafuji to finally tell Handa that he’s popular, and “nothing [he does] will make anyone hate [him].” <3 As atonement for letting Handa live in confusion for years, Kawafuji got things thrown at him, and was willing to take the helmet from our protagonist, to then receive hate from the school population, since everyone believes Handa deserves the Best Class helmet! It was so epic when Handa announced, “This…isn’t mine. It’s not Kawafuji’s either. The cultural festival’s glory belongs to everyone here! We all pitched in to make the cultural festival a success. I’m sure there are a lot of things to think about, but I think everyone did their best. So this belongs to everyone. I think this is for everyone.” Queen Handa won everyone’s hearts again. <3 And I like Aizawa’s interpretation -> “That’s right… Like Handa-kun said, everyone did their best. Everyone should receive the Best Class award! Handa-kun belongs to everyone! He’s everyone’s friend!” (But LOL to Handa for wondering what was everyone's friend xD)

Afterwards, it was great to see the Handa Force comfortably approach our protagonist. When the Handa mikoshi arrived, and was burned in the fire… It’s great that Handa didn’t actually get on the mikoshi. xD But at least Handa was beginning to understand his admirers’ feelings. :-) Regardless if Handa went on the mikoshi or not, the Handa Force would have had positive things to say.
Aizawa: Handa-kun, it’s so beautiful!
Handa: Huh?!
Reo: Aah…burning Handa is so exquisite!
Handa: Huh?!
Tsutsui: He’s like a god of fire.
Handa: What?!
Kawafuji: *holds in his laughter*
Handa: Oh, I get it… So, that’s how they see it.
I really think that this ^ moment was the first time, Handa heard his admirers’ comments. The Handa Force was always around Handa, without telling him their thoughts. :-)

I think Handa’s speech + people knowing that Kawafuji's his friend, made him seem approachable, which is how all of his admirers gained the courage to greet him, on their way to school. ^^ LOL to Kawafuji, for not being surprised, that ERASER was ready to stalk Handa in the bushes. xD (LOL to Dash for never being able to say Handa’s name – “Hand–Blurgh!”) It was just heartwarming to see everyone gather around Handa, instead of hide, and he embraced them all with a smile, along with a “Morning!” :) – I wish we saw each person’s face as they greeted Handa, so that I could match the voices and the faces to each other. xD

The ending theme song was fulfilling to watch. It was nice that Handa’s admirers, along with Kawafuji, proudly walked with him! Handa didn’t turn around and saw no one – this time, they were all together and Handa smiled while blushing. :)

I’d definitely like to see an animated continuation of Handa-kun – how does Handa interact with his schoolmates now? I want to know what happened in the time frame, between Handa-kun and Barakamon! This final episode was fulfilling!! <3
Dec 6, 2017 1:47 AM

Nov 2016
had a fun run. i was actually hoping it was going to be as chillaxed as barakamon. kids being kids and nothing out of the ordinary. wonder if barakamon s2 might come out.
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Feb 16, 2018 6:48 PM

Jul 2012
Boring overall, none of the characters stood out. It was somewhat entertaining, like watchable.

Barakamon is the only one worth talking about.
May 28, 2018 12:46 AM

Sep 2013
Very satisfying ending. Actually caused me to raise my overall score by a point.

8/10

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 5, 2019 12:09 PM

Dec 2008
Ugh...prequels rarely do well, and this was no exception. All the years I waited for an extension to barakamon...*smfh * So few laughs, too much gneder bending or whatever strange obsessions with Handa was going on. And the endless beta male syndrome all over.
There is little resemblance between the handa in barakamon and the one in hand kun. BUt at least it ended like Burning Man. O>o 3/10 show for the slight connection to the first one and slight positivity.
Feb 25, 2019 7:56 PM
Apr 2016
Good episode. Handa finally realized that people like him, took him long enough...12 episodes. Oh well cool anime, was INSANELY hilarious at parts hahaha
Jul 19, 2019 11:56 AM

Jul 2013
This prequel in a nutshell:

"IT'S ALL A BIG MISUNDERSTANDING."

So instead of Barakamon season 2, we got this piece of shit instead? An anime where Handa is the law and every single thing is for Handa. Start a cultural festival? Why not do it for Handa? Where the side characters probably get more screentime than Handa himself despite being the titular character. Where every situation is caused by a misunderstanding. 12 episodes of misunderstandings until Handa realizes he's actually well loved by everyone. This has been one of the most painful experiences I've ever had watching anime. Good riddance. 1/10

Give me back my Naru and the people from the island! Come on.
Dec 22, 2019 4:22 AM

Feb 2019
At last Handa realised that he had friends
Jun 16, 2020 6:55 AM

Nov 2010
I usually hate this type of shows, but it was pretty funny at times and the end was kinda nice, although it didn't quite make it imo
Jun 20, 2020 10:33 PM

Aug 2018
I honestly love Handa so much :)

Sep 23, 2020 6:44 PM
Jul 2020
Aw, he finally realizes that everyone doesn't hate him.
Sep 27, 2020 11:26 AM

May 2020
Culture festive is my favorite episode.a lot of funny moment there. Big baloon of Handa is burned in the end. Warmful ending when finally Handa can get along with them. 7/10 so much fun.
Feb 18, 2022 4:04 PM
Feb 2022

the funniest thing you can see, I appreciate the end it wasn't Handa-kun even believing they hate him
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Handa-kun Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2016

94 by Destroyer31 »»
Mar 15, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Handa-kun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2016

184 by Destroyer31 »»
Mar 15, 1:50 AM

Poll: » Handa-kun Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2016

63 by Wonderlust_Arte »»
Feb 13, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Handa-kun Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2016

46 by RGreatDanton »»
Nov 22, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Handa-kun Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2016

88 by RGreatDanton »»
Nov 19, 2023 9:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.