Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 9, 2016 10:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, Corteo feeling the pressure after the killing. Not that I blame him since murder isn't something to be taken lightly. Oh boy, looks like Avilio is about to make his move as well.

Got quite the silent-like chill from this episode.
Sep 9, 2016 11:58 AM
Sep 2011
Important information is revealed
Sep 9, 2016 12:12 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Okay, this is unfortunately what i expected to say. Who is that person again at the end? :/
Sep 9, 2016 12:21 PM

Sep 2015
Smudy said:
Okay, this is unfortunately what i expected to say. Who is that person again at the end? :/

I think it's Nero's uncle
Sep 9, 2016 12:22 PM

Jan 2015
Somehow I'm still thinking Corteo in this episode, even with that short appearance of his and while calling Avilio... Damn I'm so eager to know what's really happen to him.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 9, 2016 12:27 PM
Jul 2018
Corteo is making things even worse.

That ending!
Sep 9, 2016 12:35 PM

Jul 2014
Interesting twist that one of the key members of the Vanettis is the one who wrote Avilio the letter. I'm definitely curious to find out why he wrote it and just what he is aiming for in doing so. All in due time I suppose, as we've most likely got 3 or so episodes left yet.
Sep 9, 2016 12:48 PM

Sep 2007
This anime is just pure awesomeness. I can't even... WOW.
Sep 9, 2016 12:54 PM

Jun 2014
For a second I thought Avilio was going to stab the shit out of Nero before leaving.

I completely forgot who that guy at the end was, but judging by the fact that Avilio said "it was you, wasn't it?", I'm gonna assume he's the one who sent him the letter. I can't wait to get more answers next episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 9, 2016 1:09 PM
Aug 2013
ganzo was the guy at the end
edit: don't you think that barbero is angelo's father? i mean they really look alike (just a small hairstyle difference and blonde hair)
Sep 9, 2016 1:26 PM

Mar 2016
wasn't a huge fan of the animation throughout this episode

thebrentinator24 said:
For a second I thought Avilio was going to stab the shit out of Nero before leaving.

I was thinking the same thing, sort of wanted it to happen
Sep 9, 2016 1:28 PM

Jun 2016
Wow, so it was Ganzo. Seems so obvious in hindsight. I feel like a dunce for not thinking Corteo's random escape through.
Sep 9, 2016 1:40 PM
Feb 2016
...Wow, just, wow. So much happened in this episode. Next Friday can't come soon enough.
Sep 9, 2016 2:04 PM
Nov 2015
91 days really made a good work making you look to other side, so you couldn´t think about Ganzo.This was really a good episode.
Sep 9, 2016 2:10 PM

Sep 2014
nice twist!
After all, it makes sense that the uncle was with nero and his father on the first job. The "Real" Family..

I wonder if angelo is really going to kill them.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 9, 2016 2:12 PM

Mar 2015
The animation was a mess this episode... in some scenes i thought it was other person and not Avilio...

Build up episode, pretty good, hope the anime don't break in the next episode.
Sep 9, 2016 2:47 PM

Jan 2016
Super Intense, glad to see the obvious in that it was that dude
because father, son, best friend, best uncle.
I was very sad when they stopped corteo :c
expecting a lot of action next episode, this one was more development, and loved it!

Sep 9, 2016 2:52 PM

Dec 2015
This is hinting more and more that Avilio and Nero might stay friends. (Or they make it only seem like that to make it feel more dramatical when he still decides to kill Nero after all.)

Looking forwad to the next episode. End of this episode was very interesting. At first I also thought the 4th guy was the guy with Vincent (Neros father). But seems 4th guy was the guy at the end (and he kidnapped Corteo).
Sep 9, 2016 2:53 PM
Sep 2016
Loved the lack of music in some of the scenes and how quite this ep was. Felt very atmospheric. But holy...the uncle had sent the letter?! What?!
Sep 9, 2016 2:54 PM
Sep 2016
thebrentinator24 said:

I completely forgot who that guy at the end was, but judging by the fact that Avilio said "it was you, wasn't it?", I'm gonna assume he's the one who sent him the letter. I can't wait to get more answers next episode.

The guy at the end is Nero's uncle.
Sep 9, 2016 2:55 PM

Jul 2013
Didn't expected Nero's uncle to be the 4th man and the one who wrote the letter to Angelo. It has sense because a random character coming out nowhere would be weird and I guess Ganzo wants to take the leadership of the Vanettis and for that reason he wants Nero dead.

Exciting about how the next episode will be displayed.

Luthandorius said:
I also thought the 4th guy was the guy with Vincent (Neros father). But seems 4th guy was the guy at the end (and he kidnapped Corteo).
That was a very clever red herring, because at first the viewer will think that the new dude was the 4th man or something so you don't notice Ganzo's presence.
Sep 9, 2016 3:15 PM

Aug 2015
OMG!!!! Then as I understood, the 4th guy is that man standing beside Vanetti Vincent?
and Ganzo is the one who kidnapped Corteo?
even If he is not, seeing him calling Angelo by his real name made my hear beat loudly hahaha, that's kinda shocking.

Vacu0us said:
wasn't a huge fan of the animation throughout this episode

thebrentinator24 said:

I was thinking the same thing, sort of wanted it to happen

I don't think that Nero is going to die -or maybe he will die at the end-, It's anime logic.
I feel that a twist is going to happen next episode.
Ara Ara~
Sep 9, 2016 3:23 PM

Jul 2016
There was a lack of action but the plot was strong this chapter.
Sep 9, 2016 3:36 PM

Jul 2008
The animation was hilarious in this ep.
Sep 9, 2016 3:44 PM

Aug 2016
First off the animation in the episode just looked odd to me but it really didn't take away from my enjoyment of the episode.

I came into this episode just wanting to know what was going to happen with Corteo but I never expected the reveal in the end. Right about now I'm kind of wishing this anime didn't get the standard 12-13 episodes because honestly with more time and spacing this anime could definitely have been way more epic.
Sep 9, 2016 3:46 PM

Jul 2008
Not long after "Corteo's escape", I realized that it would be the Uncle. He was the only one who could make the kidnapping happen.

danieltortoisee said:
Interesting twist that one of the key members of the Vanettis is the one who wrote Avilio the letter. I'm definitely curious to find out why he wrote it and just what he is aiming for in doing so. All in due time I suppose, as we've most likely got 3 or so episodes left yet.

If all these guys from the letter die, he is probably the one set to inherit the Vanetti Family.

Mirai_Yanagawa said:
OMG!!!! Then as I understood, the 4th guy is that man standing beside Vanetti Vincent?

No, that guy ended in prison before the murder. The Uncle is likely the 4th guy.
Sep 9, 2016 4:22 PM

Apr 2016
I think I'm at the point of the show where I realize that this story is going to be a rather simple one. No crazy plot developments, no spontaneous reveals. Nice and simple. Yet intriguing nonetheless.

Now I'm wondering where the show will be heading next. With 3 episodes left, and the identity of the sender revealed, not much should occur except Angelo killing off Nero and his dad. Hopefully it concludes well, and Corteo doesn't end up dead.
All hail the Almighty Funyarinpa!... Wait, what do you mean you don't know what it is?! How DARE you! SAY you're sorry!!! APOLOGIZE TO THE FUNYARINPA!
______________________________________________________________________________________
Sep 9, 2016 4:54 PM
Apr 2014
the animation quality went down, there is also an animation error near the end of the episode when they are drinking and Avilio gets up to leave and goes up some stairs
he walks up to the top and stops when nero starts talking, the very next scene avilio is shown never to have walked up the stairs then next scene he is back at the top of the stairs when nero looks up
Sep 9, 2016 4:55 PM
Jul 2016
I've finally decided to post a comment for 91 Days.

I was kind of expecting Ganzo to be the 4th man.
I knew it have to be someone who was already shown in the anime but most important, it have to be someone really close to Nero and Vincent (Only options for me, being Ganzo and Barbero). After all, in the first episode Vincent said they just killed the former Don which means they were kind of traitors at that moment, plotting a betrayal is not something you do with untrustworthy people.

Still, I have some theories about what may happen next. Honestly I have had theories from the very beginning but the plot never came up as I expected LOL. Even so, I am going to hide them as spoiler:

I actually hope nothing of what I have said happens so I get really surprised at the end of all this.

Changing topic
Have anyone noticed that the scenes in the opening, the ones I personally thought were recycled from the episodes, are actually not?.

Like the scene of Fango attacking that taxy driver, I don't think we got to see that happening.

Also, Don Orco being cornered by someone at his office.

Angelo irrupting on a hotel room where Scusa(?) was sleeping with a woman? (This kinda happened with Fango and Lacrima though..)

So... Corteo is not going to be pointed at with a gun from the back as in the opening and no mafia gang (Galassias?) is going to massacre people in the town? Maybe those scenes were meant to just symbolize certain plot points.

I just find it funny 'cause some people called the opening "lazy" because of the "reused" scenes and now we see they animated those scenes just for the opening.
Sep 9, 2016 5:34 PM

May 2015
Talk about a sudden twist at the end.

Sep 9, 2016 6:01 PM

Mar 2016
mmmm I was getting suspicious of the uncle by the end. Couldn't help thinking how it must feel to have your nephew beating you out to inheritance. Once Nero said that he was pressuring for Avilio to get more responsibility I knew he was up to some shit.
Gotta find out how he knew what happened to Angelo now.

Anyway, it's nice to see Avilio be more... alive than he normally is. Seeing him actually worry about his friend and converse with Nero like a normal person. He had this tendency to be sort of robotic sometimes and I was beginning to wonder why someone as peppy as Nero liked him so much.

Corteo deserves better :'(
Sep 9, 2016 6:17 PM

Mar 2016
...... How many episodes this would be again?
No seriously.
Sep 9, 2016 7:26 PM
Sep 2013
bananyaishope said:

q66 said:
91, obviously.

Actually 13.

12. 7.5 recap episode excluded. 3 more to go.
Sep 9, 2016 7:31 PM

Jun 2013
Corteo gets caught by the Vanettis and tortured to make him spill the reason behind going after Nero. But Corteo doesn't say anything. His reason is related to Angelo so he doesn't want to speak out. And he escapes with the uncle getting himself injured in the process. Now the whole Vanetti family is after Corteo because he needs to die as that is what the Vanetti and Fango families want. And Angelo doesn't know what to do. Corteo is his friend but openly supporting him would put his position in the family in jeopardy but then Corteo did take things in a direction against Angelo's plans.

And Nero becomes the new don because Vincent believes he is old and he has now acknowledged Nero. And that's what Nero wanted all his life.

And it turns out that uncle Ganzo turns out to be the one who sent Angelo the letter. And since the one who sent the letter is most likely the fourth guy, Ganzo is the fourth guy. And Ganzo probably doesn't know right now that Angelo knows that there were four people. Angelo probably suspected him off letting Corteo go to force Angelo to then finish the job quickly. Ganzo obviously wants the family to himself but doesn't want to get his hands dirty so Angelo is doing it for him. Ganzo is using Angelo to stir up quite the trouble in the family by killing the top brass. That silent guy who spent time in jail is also suspicious of Angelo and he is suspicious in general.
Sep 9, 2016 7:46 PM
Sep 2013
Well.

WELL.

I love the symbolism and cinematography in 91 Days. Look at reddit's thread on ep 9, someone's already done a brief analysis. Worth a read.

Something that no one, or not many, has brought up. Angelo being pissed as fuck. And we rarely get to see more than just his budget scowls.

He comes home (current place he's staying at after leaving Corteo's) after seeing his best friend beaten up and interrogated, and told to leave for Barbero/Valbero and Nero to have some private chat (for once, it seems, he's not included). Once he's in he knows he's alone, in his own private space, he loosens his tie and kicks the coffee table in complete frustration. Why? Is it because his planning encountered a huge knot (Corteo's unexpected contribution), or is it because Angelo's finally realising the consequence of him dragging Corteo into his mess? Cerotto really helps Angelo to reach a conclusion.

It's really refreshing to see Angelo be visually frustrated. We're just as clueless as the characters, trying to guess just what goes on in Angelo's head. We finally know that he treasures his best friend and brother, Corteo.

That aside, the letter sender (unconfirmed if he was actually the fourth man, or he's taking advantage of the situation). Who would've guessed it was Ganzo with the animation quality they put in for his face? I mean, seriously, it's always looked like he was going to stay as a unimportant side character with wrinkle lines as thick as his eyebrows.

Which brings us to our next problem. Animation in general. We know it's been quite inconsistent the whole series. The contrast between episode episode 8 and 9 is too damn great. But I can excuse that, the story is what I love. I just hope the blu-ray comes out great and I have enough $$$ to buy it.
Sep 9, 2016 7:56 PM

Jan 2014
Things are changing quick but somehow business is stabilizing. It feels weird that the "only" problem they have to deal with is Corteo. And then there is the reunion between the big shots. And I'm guessing they are all gonna be off'd.
Sep 9, 2016 7:59 PM

Sep 2014
I knew it was the uncle the second he said Corteo escaped... Still a good episode none the less!

Also the tension when you thought he was going to grab that knife and attack Nero!
Sep 9, 2016 8:01 PM

Mar 2016
YellaTurtle said:
bananyaishope said:

q66 said:
91, obviously.

Actually 13.

Why isn't the episode count updated yet? :/
No seriously.
Sep 9, 2016 8:37 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode, Lot of developments.

Nero became the Don, Wow.

Makes sense that the guy who sent the letter was Ganzo, The fact that Corteo was able to escape seems to make sense only if Ganzo was the one who sent Avilio the letter. Cause I can't imagine that the bodyguard was able to walk in free Corteo, Injure Ganzo and then die. However if Ganzo was the one to orchestrate the events then all that makes much more sense. Looking forward to hear his reasons in the next episode.

They kept trying to pain Vincent's bodyguard in a suspicious manner by always showing him observing Avilio, Wonder if he will actually play a role in the upcoming episodes?
Interested in seeing how everything will play out now.
Sep 9, 2016 8:59 PM

Dec 2012
Corteo getting beaten up & Avilio can't do much to help.

Nero becoming the new Don.

So Gonzo Vanetti wrote the letter.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 9, 2016 10:25 PM

Nov 2012
oh wow, i think avilio was really about to attack nero with the knife. it's probably better he didn't though.
i wonder what's going to happen to corteo.
Sep 9, 2016 10:50 PM
Sep 2013
bananyaishope said:
YellaTurtle said:

Why isn't the episode count updated yet? :/

Not sure, but if you check out the official website, you can count the number of episodes they have.
http://91days.family/story/episode09
Sep 10, 2016 12:38 AM

Jan 2008
Wow, I really thought Barbero was the fourth person and the one who sent the letter to Avilio but I guess I was wrong? I don't know but I really suspect him. I never would have thought that Ganzo is the one.

For some reason, I don't want either Nero or Avilio to die but I guess it will happen. I mean, after all this blood spilling and sacrifices, there's no way this will end on a happy note. However, it could happen that one of them will live. I also hope that it doesn't end with Corteo killing Avilio.

Someone mentioned that Barbero might be Avilio's father. Well, I think this is far-fetched as we all saw Lagusa dying in the first episode, right? I mean, there's no way any of Avilio's family survived that night. Unless Barbero is a relative since he somehow looks like Lagusa but this has yet to be revealed. If Barbero is related to Avilio, then he is working for the Vanetti family to have revenge as well?
Sep 10, 2016 1:39 AM

Oct 2008
So is the 4th man Del Toro? or Ganzo?
4/5.

Sep 10, 2016 4:05 AM

Dec 2015
When Corteo escaped I thought something seemed off and was suspect of the uncle. But then changed my mind after they kept showing the one guy who never speaks and was locked up for 5 years.
Sep 10, 2016 4:06 AM

Jun 2013
This seemed like such a pivotal episode, pretty shit how they let the quality dip on this one
Sep 10, 2016 5:20 AM

Jul 2014
That Bad Animation...
Sep 10, 2016 8:06 AM

Jun 2013
Poor Corteo and Nero became the Don? so sudden
Sep 10, 2016 8:12 AM

Dec 2015
The person with the most to gain, with Nero's father, Nero and Vanno out of the way, is Ganzo. No wonder he's the one who sent the letter.

Even though Corteo was beaten up so badly, he didn't rat out Avilio as a traitor. Loyal friend to the end.
Sep 10, 2016 8:59 AM

Sep 2014
During the episode I started getting a feel that the 4th person from the murder wrote the letter , and this turned out to be true in the end. Hoping that we will get the reasons for that in the next ep. Is it that Ganzo has something against Vanettis or because he just wants to kill "that kid who ran away" ( I highly doubt this ).

I so don't want Corteo to die.. He wasn't bad at all.. But in wars , innocent are the ones who suffer the most.. Would be really nice if Corteo is staying in Ganzo's place at the moment , which would turn out that Ganzo is indeed against Nero.

Also I find these series funny how in the beginning Angelo was the one supposed to kill Nero , but when all the others aim for this too , Angelo is the one who stands with him
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2016

449 by pontes13 »»
Apr 3, 4:31 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2016

183 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 14, 11:38 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

213 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 11, 12:53 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2016

210 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 5, 7:53 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2016

174 by damoInstinct »»
Jan 27, 8:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.