Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2016 6:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That Mikumo blush!

So looks like the group is separated but they still try to complete their objective. Too bad Roid captured her. Looks like the Aerial Knights show Mirage, Hayate, and Frejya more about what they've been fighting for.

Ah Bogue and his ideals...always getting the emotional side of him.
Sep 4, 2016 11:21 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Once upon in Macross the 'good guys' flew Valkyries in order to engage and defeat their opponents which were awesome, powerful or numerous (Zentradi, Vajra, Protodeviln etc). When that didn't work, they used the power of song

Now they just try to "infiltrate" the opposition which consists of 6 bishounens who say 'wind' in every sentence they utter. And get captured every time.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 4, 2016 3:45 PM
Aug 2016
Freyja singing Seikan Hikou make my heart go kyun kyun.. so adorable and cute...I hope they will release it ...I like her ver more than ranka now haha
Sep 4, 2016 6:10 PM
Nov 2012
Roid has turned into a pervert, sm bondage + creepy smile on Mikumo. At first i though his belief was annoying but now it's taken a turn for disturbing.
Sep 4, 2016 7:44 PM

Dec 2012
This episode somehow give me hope for Mikumo x Keith
with Keith will become white knight to save Mikumo XD
But seriously what a turn out for Roid, i really don't buy him being final antagonist.
Even if Mikumo the star singer become the last boss, The old guy and Epsilon by far is the most closest epytome for villain in delta.
Sep 4, 2016 10:20 PM

Mar 2016
Farabeuf said:
Once upon in Macross the 'good guys' flew Valkyries in order to engage and defeat their opponents which were awesome, powerful or numerous (Zentradi, Vajra, Protodeviln etc). When that didn't work, they used the power of song

Now they just try to "infiltrate" the opposition which consists of 6 bishounens who say 'wind' in every sentence they utter. And get captured every time.

I'm dying right now... ROFL! I agree, 1/4 of the show is spend on infiltrating...
Sep 4, 2016 10:26 PM

Mar 2016
I'll rate it on passable right now. I can't expect much out of the rest of 2 episode.

Probably, Roid gonna use Mikumo for the star singer technology, get a control the whole universe scheme going while the rest figured it out and "epic" fight ensures. Good guy and bad guy reconcile. Finish.

I totally see the direction they are taking the characters but man do they have trouble to flesh them out using the 26 episode screen time they have and develop the story. Too bad. Much potential. :(
Sep 4, 2016 11:05 PM

Jun 2013
Mikumo Tsundere Mode is moe as F*ck <3 <3 <3

Sep 5, 2016 3:02 AM

Nov 2012
it was hayate's father who gave freyja that music player wasn't it?
i wonder what roid is planning to do with mikumo.
Sep 5, 2016 5:01 AM
Aug 2016
Turtles_Leader said:
Why does Hayate have Runes now? Is that a thing you can pass on on other people non windamerians? Biggest WTF in the show.

Delta squad and Wälkure have disguise kits you know... Refer to earlier episodes where they disguised as cat humans.
Sep 5, 2016 5:06 AM
Nov 2013
Freyja singing Seikan Hikou was the best thing this episode...
Interesting to see where its headed for now, so Mikumo will be the final boss after all?
Sep 5, 2016 7:41 AM

Apr 2011
Blushing Mikumo is cute.
Sep 5, 2016 12:18 PM

Oct 2014
Whoa it's supposed to be the big revelation episode for Wright Immelmann... yet not a single real proof that he dropped the bomb.
The only proof about him is Freyja's music player, which has nothing to do whatsoever to the bomb. It only proves that he was there. (and actually, he was probably the reason why Freyja happened to be away playing when the bomb exploded.)
Heuh...

Btw, so... who's Mikumo, actually?
I mean the real Mikumo, before she was "genetically modified."
We still have 4 episodes, haven't we? (This thing is listed as 26 episodes, isn't it?)
And this is Macross... still enough time to do one more unpredictable twist.

I will still only wish there is no bullshit ending.

ps.: Album release of Seikan Hikou - Freyja cover when?
Sep 5, 2016 1:39 PM
Mar 2016
So, it looks like Roid might have some plans for Mikumo, and oh shit Hayate, Frejya and Mirage got captured again.
Sep 5, 2016 4:08 PM
Jul 2009
Revvie-chan said:
Whoa it's supposed to be the big revelation episode for Wright Immelmann... yet not a single real proof that he dropped the bomb.
The only proof about him is Freyja's music player, which has nothing to do whatsoever to the bomb. It only proves that he was there. (and actually, he was probably the reason why Freyja happened to be away playing when the bomb exploded.)
Heuh...

She wasn't genetically modified. She was genetically created. That's why she only has 3 years of memories. And the DNA used to create her probably comes from the original protoculture Star Singer.
Sep 5, 2016 4:24 PM

May 2015
VF-22 Strumvogüel II look sick as F*ck!

~ My conspiracy sense are tingling~
I sense a large conspiracy in this series Roid, the merchant and some at NUNS...

Theory time:

1.If Hayate's dad was the one who dropped the bomb I think he was blackmailed or tricked into doing it by either the Space Navy or Windermere.
2.It wasn’t his father and whoever did pilot it had Hayate’s father dog tags or they could have put a dummy (fake body) there and for someone who never seen him before it’s easy to think it was him.
3.Maybe he was trying to stop whoever was trying to drop the bomb, but it took his life in the process.
4.He did it himself but was controlled with the var syndrom.

Hmm... so Kumo-Kumo will be controlled by Roid using the protoculture system and go out of control only to be stopped by her friends???

LazerEyeBeam said:
Roid has turned into a pervert, sm bondage + creepy smile on Mikumo. At first i though his belief was annoying but now it's taken a turn for disturbing.
That Roid bastard had better keep his greasy hands away from Mikumo...

Revvie-chan said:
Heuh...
I have to agree...
Sep 5, 2016 6:31 PM

May 2016
Turtles_Leader said:
alterzero said:

Delta squad and Wälkure have disguise kits you know... Refer to earlier episodes where they disguised as cat humans.
The fact that they could be false didn't even cross my mind. But I didn't see Mirage wear one, so maybe that's why. Thank you.

To make you feel better I was also confused with Hayate's rune. I thought it was an animation error because it wouldn't be the first time. Unless the error was actually the legendary super windamerian awakening after finding love, all hail Bogue the one with 3 runes.
Sep 5, 2016 7:57 PM
Nov 2012
I find it strange that Freyja is standing there at a safe distance while holding a apple. Can't really remember but maybe the var brainwashing with the apple & water is more older than you think.

I remember the chaos guy who tried to blow up the ruins who spoke to the other chaos guys, who said if only the operationn 7 years ago had not failed, which could refer to wright. Just perhaps Wright was suppose to bomb something else & not the city.
Sep 5, 2016 8:13 PM

Jun 2015
Mikumo is so cute

lewd ending with Roid and his BDSM
i guess it will be like people said, Mikumo gets controlled and turns evil
Sep 5, 2016 11:00 PM

Jul 2007
Still waiting for Mikumo to NTR Hayate. That would pretty much be the cherry on top of this trainwreck so far.

The show has really gone downhill right after the episode with brilliant exposition about Mikumo. I have no idea how they are planning to finish this in 3 episodes.
AhenshihaelSep 6, 2016 12:48 AM
Sep 6, 2016 12:17 AM

Oct 2014
Turtles_Leader said:
Revvie-chan said:
We still have 4 episodes, haven't we? (This thing is listed as 26 episodes, isn't it?)

3. this one was 23. This remind me of Frontier rushed ending. where in one episode, they revealed all the plot twist, Varja changed side, Ranka's brother (IIRC) changed side, the story, the love triangle, Everything was settled in 20 minutes. The more we advance, the more I have a bad feeling about this.

Ah my bad at miscounting. Yeah, 3 episodes left. (24-25-26.)

Actually I am very okay with how they ended Frontier. It was suppose to explode, and it did explode.
Would love to continue this discussion on Frontier, but then it could potentially be spoiler to bystanders. :(
Sep 6, 2016 3:32 AM

Jan 2009
its obvious that the father of Hayate gave that audio player to Freyja

there will be some twist as to how the father of Hayate is a hero rather than a villain
Sep 6, 2016 8:56 AM
Aug 2016
Seriously not liking the pacing of this series compared to Frontier. They should have done with Mikumo stuff a few episode earlier... having her blush and all that aroudn episode 17-19 would be nice to set her up.
Sep 6, 2016 9:32 AM
Jan 2008
The main heroes were captured and I doubt anyone in the gang can save them. It seems that Roid will betray Windermere for some reason and end with everyone joining forces to fight against him and the Star Singer after learning the truth of how the whole conflict was fabricated.
Sep 6, 2016 10:59 AM

Dec 2013
The biggest plot twist I can hope for right now is that we actually come to the realization that the side we've been cheering on from the get-go were always the bad guys. That might actually save this series, but I doubt it.

The way things are going, I still find myself actually cheering for Bogues and the Arial Knights. Poor dude, lost his sister and everyone else to that dimensional a-bomb.

That said, Roid is being made to be the big bad of the show. It's all too obvious. What with the rape face when doing all that stuff to Mikumo.

Can't wait to see what sort of asspull we're gonna get to justify Hayate's dad's sins.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 6, 2016 4:37 PM

Oct 2008
Freyja finally seen her hometown!
First time we've seen Mikumo blushed!
It's clear now that both Freyja & Mirage liked the same man...Oh MAN!
Why the heck Hayate has those Knight Runes!?!? has that ever been explained!? Oh okay I read comments and it was disguise.
Mikumo has been kidnapped by Roid and she's now his captive!
Roid is definitely planning something with out the knowledge of Keith. Maybe he'll devote hmself to the Star Singer!?
4/5.
matias067Sep 6, 2016 4:47 PM

Sep 6, 2016 9:01 PM

Aug 2010
I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready for the album that could have a refined Seikan Hikou song that Freyja sings.

And there is no justifications for the NUNS whose pilot dropped the bomb, no way...
Sep 6, 2016 9:51 PM

Sep 2011
Not many episodes left. Will they end it rushed in 3 episodes or will we get another season of like 12 episodes or more?

Also, still no proof his father dropped the bomb. I bet the bomb was dropped unwillingly somehow.
Sep 7, 2016 2:38 AM
Apr 2014
I don't remember which episode, but I remember them say Wright Immelman didn't like the decision to drop the dimensional bomb and decided to drop it on the Spacy base instead. It was also revealed earlier in the series that the higher up Windermearens tell everyone that the Spacy dropped the bomb on them to use it to inspire hate in them.

Also, why does Mikumo need to be tied up like that? Like does she really have to be turtle shell bondaged? And Roid changed her friggin clothes.

This episode was weird.
Sep 10, 2016 7:31 PM

Dec 2014
I still think that the glass guy is the real villain here
Sep 11, 2016 9:27 AM

Mar 2010
I want to see how they will wrap this up in 3 episode without making it be an asspull. As a few other said in this thread, I don't think that Hayate's dad it while fully consious or in his right self, so potentially under Var or something similar.

The best part of the episode was Frejya singing Seikan Hikou and Reina and Makina eating together with Mikumo. To little to late I think but it was still pretty nice either way.
Sep 11, 2016 7:12 PM

Mar 2016
Tyrel said:
Not many episodes left. Will they end it rushed in 3 episodes or will we get another season of like 12 episodes or more?

Also, still no proof his father dropped the bomb. I bet the bomb was dropped unwillingly somehow.

Yep, 3 episode left.
Sep 11, 2016 7:13 PM

Mar 2016
SayaViking said:
I want to see how they will wrap this up in 3 episode without making it be an asspull. As a few other said in this thread, I don't think that Hayate's dad it while fully consious or in his right self, so potentially under Var or something similar.

The best part of the episode was Frejya singing Seikan Hikou and Reina and Makina eating together with Mikumo. To little to late I think but it was still pretty nice either way.

Seeing how they used the majority of the screentime of the anime, I would say biggest asspull in Macross history, gonna be even rusher than Frontier.
Sep 24, 2016 7:41 PM

Jun 2013
Not gonna lie, Mikumo was cute AF this episode!
Besides that, it was the usual great episode! only 3 episodes left!
Oct 30, 2016 3:12 PM

Feb 2013
So... Roid dropped the bomb and framed Hayate's dad?
Oct 17, 2022 9:10 AM

Oct 2012
This episode was honestly boring AF. This show had so much potential and it's looking like it's going to end in a predictable trainwreck. Smh

More topics from this board

» Movie vs TV Series

Reshiram_IX - Jan 16, 2023

9 by donnascherer »»
Mar 16, 4:21 AM

Poll: » Macross Δ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2015

447 by Zekkenshin »»
Jan 1, 10:09 PM

Poll: » Macross Δ Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

246 by AdrianShephardt »»
Mar 7, 2023 9:01 AM

» Macross Delta underrated? ( 1 2 )

SaltyShoebill - Apr 26, 2016

66 by procion »»
Aug 31, 2022 12:51 AM

» Would this be appealing to someone who watched Macross Frontier only and loved it?

kUshPandA_ENJOi - Oct 9, 2017

7 by procion »»
Aug 31, 2022 12:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.