Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 2, 2016 4:54 PM

Jun 2014
you expect me to believe the wimpiest character just killed the most badass character with a broken bottle and a rotary phone?
Sep 2, 2016 5:01 PM

Jul 2014
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
you expect me to believe the wimpiest character just killed the most badass character with a broken bottle and a rotary phone?

Well, Fango was on the phone, pretty distracted and thought he'd already won, and Corteo was really desperate.

Still though, r.i.p Fango. I really liked him. His death was brutal.
Sep 2, 2016 5:03 PM

Sep 2014
well. at first I wanted Fango dead, but now this surprises me.

Its the Corteo family now? XD

The last few episodes I missed corteo, because he was literally in the back. But well. It was all for the plot it seems.

Shit will be interesting, and still few episodes left. Things like this usually happen in ep11/12.

If this anime would have a high quality animation it could become a classic.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 2, 2016 5:10 PM

Apr 2013
Ok, now that was a twist I never saw coming. I thought they had built up Fango to be the final boss and there he goes, killed by the wimpiest character no less. Now I honestly have no idea where the story will go from here/
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Sep 2, 2016 5:42 PM

Mar 2013
good riddance, let's make corteo the next one to go
Sep 2, 2016 6:03 PM

Jan 2013
TheTsunami said:
"I'm going to put you in a hopeless situation then turn my back on you, because logic."
Yeah, pretty much this.
I feel as if you could argue either way (arrogance or plot) but it did seem like a pretty big leap.
Either way I still enjoyed the episode.

Comander-07 said:
Hahaha xD
Sep 2, 2016 6:16 PM

Aug 2012
Most well directed episode of the series, that's forsure. Things juts ramped up, I'm ready for the downward spiral to come.
Sep 2, 2016 6:38 PM
Nov 2015
I think the reason Avilio trated Corteo like that was because he was planning to make his move again Nero,and wanted to have Corteo away to protect him. Guess it caused all the oposite.
Sep 2, 2016 6:47 PM
Jul 2018
"That sure feels good, boy!"
~ Last Words :D
Sep 2, 2016 6:53 PM
Sep 2015
JumBoRGiNo said:
"That sure feels good, boy!"
I thought that was a nice touch. It was refreshing to see that he truly was a masochist through and through.
Sep 2, 2016 7:44 PM

Feb 2010
Pure Savage ep.
I guess that makes him the new Don.
Sep 2, 2016 7:47 PM

Jun 2013
So the police is taking action against these mafias and their alcohol business. And obviously that's an inconvenience for these mafia dudes. They show how the mafia deals with these pests. Angelo goes to Delphy to try and bribe him and threaten him too. It doesn't work so they fire some bullets at his house to scare him a bit. All that goes along with threatening phone calls. When nothing works, they plan to take out his family. And they blow up the car his wife and daughter were about to board. That results in Delphy calling off the mission he started. The mafia can be so brutal at times.

Corteo wasn't fond of the mafia anyway and all this just makes him hate them even more. Corteo is also upset over Angelo becoming a full blown mafia man and doing all sorts of wrong things. Angelo has him part ways but Corteo decides to join Fango's side and leaks some information about Nero's movements which causes a commotion in the Vanetti household. When Delphy gets removed from the picture, Scusa shows up and gives Fango the recipe for Lawless Heaven. But Fango kills him because he didn't like his prices. And Fango first threatens to kill Corteo but then leaves him alone and decides to tell the Vanettis who was leaking the information. And Corteo beats the living hell out of Fango and kills him. I did not see that coming at all. This is quite the happening. Fango was irritating the Vanettis and was a big threat to them. Now Fango is out of the picture so who'll take his place? The mafia and shit has dragged Corteo into a lot of things he'll have a hard time getting out of. Angelo also noticed that Corteo is acting weirdly.

This is quite the twist. The Galasias had been subdued thanks to Fio and now the ex-Orco and now ex-Fango family has been put in a pinch. Nero was already breaking down. He had those bags under his eyes which show that he isn't in a relaxed state at all. All current threats to the Vanettis have been subdued so who will cause trouble for them if anyone is going to be interesting.
Sep 2, 2016 7:48 PM

Dec 2012
Delphy trying to clean up the town. Betrayal everywhere.

Holy Shit that ending. Corteo pushed to breaking point. That was brutal with the continuous smashing of the phone to his head.

R.I.P Fango. Corteo is screwed.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 2, 2016 7:54 PM

Aug 2015
Honestly I can't understand this anime, sometimes is boring and slow pacing, and then comes with kills like this.

This anime is gonna have 12 episodes or more? I don't know if the main story is currently advancing or not (Avillio is just stuck in nero's head in a friendly way, It's time to betray).
Sep 2, 2016 8:01 PM

Jan 2016
absolutely LOVED the ending. the beating with the music really went well and im hoping there will be similar gore scenes in the future.
Sep 2, 2016 8:10 PM
Nov 2015
The car thing was so predictable I wanted to kill myself, but the episode won itself back with that ending segment. Hooooooooooooollllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyy shit.

4/5
Sep 2, 2016 8:27 PM
Sep 2013
Reaction: https://twitter.com/TheKohai/status/771887799482011648

Post-episode reaction: https://twitter.com/TheKohai/status/771892041387159554

Well.

WELL.

This episode was just full of emotions... and no it wasn't the emotions you would expect. It was the everything has gone south kind of emotions. And all the focus this episode is on Corteo.

As all of you would have realised, Angelo said the same thing to Nero as Corteo said to Angelo. And of course, Corteo had to hear it. Already, Corteo's wondering why Angelo chose someone like Nero over him, despite being the one who offered to be his brother first. Corteo is beyond stressed out. It gets worse. It's very subtle at first, but Corteo's somewhat possessive, and because he's so passive, he can't move without the same confidence as Angelo. And because Angelo's so hard to read, Corteo misreads a lot of situations.

The Angelo Corteo knew is growing further apart. When Angelo gives Corteo money telling him to get into uni and stay out of his life, Corteo snaps it. He was dragged into it after all. Theory is, it was Angelo's awfully cold way of getting Corteo to leave the mafia he hates so much and continue a normal life. When Angelo agrees with taking out Delphy's family (a seemingly hypocritical decision), Corteo begins selling out info on Nero, and only realises it was a mistake when he becomes a suspect. He doesn't want his best friend to know he sold him out. And Fango really makes him snap.

Can we all agree the last few minutes were the best? The timid Corteo, also the biggest coward in the series, completely breaks and takes out Fango when he's discarded and possibly going to be dobbed on, his state of mind reflected by the record player stuck on a loop (absolutely loved this). And then, it ends with a much slower version of Rain or Shine (ED by Elisa). A very, VERY fitting tempo for the audience just to sit and stare at the screen, letting their thoughts catch up.
Sep 2, 2016 8:32 PM

Jul 2016
I definitely was not expecting Corteo to murder Fango, let alone so violently. His demeanor became almost psychotically nervous throughout the episode so I guess, in a way, his breakdown was hinted at.
Sep 2, 2016 8:37 PM

Jun 2015
Fango got wrecked by Corteo. I was not expecting that.
Sep 2, 2016 8:40 PM

Dec 2013
As everyone else is saying, I did not expect Corteo to be the one to kill Fango. I'm honestly very pleased with how that scene played out. Corteo has been watching all of the mafia's actions from the sidelines throughout the series, and it seems like he'd picked up on how things work within it. He wanted no part of what Avilio dragged him into, but he finally cracked and ended up killing Fango in an attempt to save himself. I'm interested to see what he'll do next--will he keep on coming undone until he is finally killed, or will he somehow evade being exposed as the traitor and get away?

There were a couple of things that, yes, were a little predictable in this episode. However, I actually think that, in a way, those earlier things being predictable really allowed the last scene to be completely unexpected and shocking. Throughout most of the episode, it seemed like Corteo was definitely going to be dead by the end of it, and his being summoned to Fango at the end kept feeding it. Even after Fango was letting him go and Corteo was clearly going to attack, I expected him to be overpowered by Fango and killed that way. But nope, it was Corteo who killed Fango, and brutally at that. Excellent job, creators.

This episode really amped it up again; things are starting to feel more developed and logical. I've been unsure of where the show has been heading with each episode, and I really enjoy that. Excited to see what's next!
Sep 2, 2016 8:48 PM

Sep 2014
I did not expect that to happen o.o.

I expected either for Fango to Kill Corteo, or someone from the Vanetti family to kill Corteo. the situation got turned O.O
Sep 2, 2016 8:57 PM

Jul 2015
Holy shit, this episode.. That ending was beautiful.. They mapped the madness in Corteo's mind pretty well
Sep 2, 2016 9:02 PM

Dec 2014
That was a good episode.

I was quite relieved to see the family alive, Would have been way to cold hearted of Nero to actually kill them. Though that car bomb did send the message.

Coreto betraying the family to stop Nero cause he doesn't like the mafia life, He should have probably taken Avlio's money and moved away. That was Avlio's own way of trying to look out for him.

Totally did not see Fango being killed by Corteo, I guess the pressure of the scenario drove him to extreme lengths. He had to do something else he would have been in deep trouble. That was quite the brutal killing though with him continuously wacking away at Fango's corpse. Interesting choice of OST as well with the jazz music, It actually felt right for the tone of this show. Poor guy at this point has probably gone insane.
Coreto's death flags are still up though.
Sep 2, 2016 9:03 PM

Apr 2016
I would talk about how the MC's character seems to be acting weirdly in the mafia, but HOLY SHIT, DID YOU SEE THAT ENDING?!?!?
All hail the Almighty Funyarinpa!... Wait, what do you mean you don't know what it is?! How DARE you! SAY you're sorry!!! APOLOGIZE TO THE FUNYARINPA!
______________________________________________________________________________________
Sep 2, 2016 9:06 PM

Dec 2015
Whoah, shit continues to get real...
~
Sep 2, 2016 9:06 PM
Jul 2018
Holy shit that ending.

I can't believe it was Corteo of all people to finish off Fango lmfao.
Sep 2, 2016 9:32 PM

Feb 2016
Good job guy who wear spectacles
Sep 2, 2016 9:41 PM

Apr 2014
Noooooooooo they killed best boy Fango! Oh well, I liked the way he went out at least. Quite poetic actually.
Sep 2, 2016 10:03 PM

Jan 2011
It was obvious Fango had to go at some point, never would have guessed Corteo would do the deed though. How sad to see how much Avilio has dragged him down.
Sep 2, 2016 10:29 PM

Jan 2011
oh my god that was brutal,this show tends to have predictable events but their the kind that you want to happen you know, granted i didn't expect Corteo would be the one to give him such a extreme death after all that guy lived through the music ques just got worse and worse through out that last scene.

never let your guard down after putting someone into despair
Sep 2, 2016 10:33 PM

Jul 2016
I didn't see that coming

Well, well, well this was so well executed. The breaking point of Corteo was clearly depicted and its interesting having Angelo in the backseat for a while.

R.I.P Fango, you were a crazay dude and a likeable bastard. But you don't rat people that isn't cool.
Sep 2, 2016 10:39 PM

Jul 2015
Corteo..........

MY MAN!

Sep 2, 2016 10:40 PM
Apr 2016
I mean it seemed like his existence was just for his brewing skills so he probably just feels like a slave, but holy shit I wouldn't have expected for him to kill Fango. I honestly think this was like, the best death scene ever (I'm not a sadist I swear). Like, that jazz just adds to the thrill, the angles were great, the red goes flying, and it was so fucking unexpected.
Sep 2, 2016 10:54 PM

Jan 2013
just when i started to like Fango after he had his sweet haircut lol
Sep 3, 2016 12:03 AM
Aug 2015
Poor guy Corteo, he didn't want to get involved in mafia things, yet he made thing get worse..

giganta said:
That's what happens when you corner quiet people.
This. Quite people are more dangerous than we know!
Sep 3, 2016 12:59 AM
Oct 2007
A moment for the policeman that got caught in between and died in the car explosion in the midst of everything :p
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2016 1:53 AM

Aug 2012
Chandela said:
TheTsunami said:
"I'm going to put you in a hopeless situation then turn my back on you, because logic."
Yeah, pretty much this.
I feel as if you could argue either way (arrogance or plot) but it did seem like a pretty big leap.
Either way I still enjoyed the episode.

Comander-07 said:
Hahaha xD

Pretty sure Fango just didn't think Corteo was capable of doing something like that.
.................................................................................
Sep 3, 2016 1:57 AM

Jun 2013
fuck you knew that the car was gonna blow so Fango got killed by the the weakest character in the show k
Sep 3, 2016 2:00 AM

Jun 2013
Damn now that was hella dank, this was definitely one of those episodes that felt shorter than it actually was .
Sep 3, 2016 2:17 AM

Jul 2012
Damn, that was some good stuff. Poor Corteo, but it was cool seeing some development from him
Sep 3, 2016 2:31 AM

Aug 2013
just glad they didnt kill the inspector wife & daughter..
Sep 3, 2016 2:36 AM

Sep 2013
Very intense episode and that final death scene was brutal. I agree that the classical jazz playing the background was great for that scene. It was even better when Corteo snapped and the record playing kept repeating the same track constantly to show his mind breaking.

They focused on Corteo a lot this episode, which I understand why but it still doesn't change the fact that his overall character grinds my gears.

I get that he wants his friend back but what was he expecting if he was successful in getting Nero assassinated? There's still more people Angelo needs to get his revenge on.

I also do not understand his logic. If Nero is dead, Corteo is no longer needed by Fnago and can be dispose of. Fango almost killed him after they found the recipe to Lawless Heaven, rending Corteo useless. It doesn't help that he would view as the traitor if he is found out. This just means the Vanetti are out to kill him on one end while on the other end we have the psychopath in Fango.

He literally sandwiched himself in between two mafias full of killers for a silly reason.

Anyways, great to see this back and I'm very excited to see what will happen next episode.
TehSnawnSep 3, 2016 2:43 AM

Sep 3, 2016 3:23 AM

Dec 2015
Absolutely wasn't expecting that ending. I'm gonna miss Fangos crazy ass to be honest. Loved his VA he captured Fangos insanity well
Sep 3, 2016 3:39 AM

Jul 2007
Welp, Corteo went bonkers I guess.

This episode was VERY HBO and VERY un-anime which is damn great. This show had it's minor downfalls into "we so anime" territory but this might as well been live action with absolutely nothing needed to be changed.

With Corteo going unstable like this, I guess Avilio will have to kill him in order to not jeopardize his plans....thus becoming identical to the peopler he wanted to get revenge on.
Sep 3, 2016 4:23 AM

Dec 2007
Looks like he got tired of being looked down on, lets see if this emotionally cripples him or if he finally grew a pair, great episode I mean i already thought he was a goner because Fango is Fango, what a twist.

Sep 3, 2016 4:39 AM

Nov 2012
Finally something happened that more like what I wanted to see from this series.

Corteo being dragged into this when he didn't want to,slowly losing track of it all and descending into madness and desperation and killing Fango.

I was expecting a "pull a gun,shoots Fango,screen fades to black",but him stabbing Fango's neck and beating him to death with the phone was nice too.
Sep 3, 2016 5:20 AM

Aug 2015
Intense episode holy shit. Corteo started giving Fango information and then ends up killing him. I honestly didn't expect Fango to die this early and die by the hands of someone like Corteo, going to miss him.
Sep 3, 2016 5:57 AM

Oct 2013
Wow XD he killed him! I can't believe it! Corteo, you're so screwed, why!
Sep 3, 2016 6:17 AM

Apr 2014
uuuuh fango is really over.....he had a bad end ,,i din´t expect that
will nero or avilio get to know that?? maybe corteo will be treated like a hero instead...wow complicated situation poor corteo

i love the intro sound too
Sep 3, 2016 6:21 AM
Jan 2012
This just shows that "A cornered rat bites back" and shows how in modern day society, people who get bullied end up with 2 routes but in similar fashion.

1) Kill Yourself
2) Kill Him/Her/Them/Everyone
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2016

449 by pontes13 »»
Apr 3, 4:31 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2016

183 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 14, 11:38 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

213 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 11, 12:53 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2016

119 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 8, 7:21 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2016

174 by damoInstinct »»
Jan 27, 8:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.