Forum Settings
Forums

Bomb attack injures 12 in Germany’s Ansbach

New
Jul 24, 2016 7:03 PM

Jul 2009
At least 12 people have been injured after an explosion struck a bar in the southern German city of Ansbach, Bavaria. Authorities believe the act was ‘deliberate’ and the perpetrator died in the blast after setting off an improvised device.

The attacker was a 27-year-old Syrian who had entered the country about two years ago, but had been refused asylum, Bavarian authorities told a press conference. His application was rejected a year ago but the man was allowed to stay in Germany temporarily, due to ongoing hostilities in Syria.

https://www.rt.com/news/353036-germany-restaurant-explosion-killed/
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jul 24, 2016 7:09 PM

Jan 2009
is RT reliable? its government funded by Russia so there will be bias, i see that MAL and 4chan likes this news source

but this particular news is true though

that muslim asylum seeker might be thinking fuck it if im gonna go back in syria and die there then i rather do it here here germany
Jul 24, 2016 7:12 PM

Jul 2009
j0x said:
is RT reliable?

j0x said:
its government funded

j0x said:
by Russia

j0x said:
so there will be bias,

j0x said:
i see that MAL and 4chan likes this news source

/mega_facepalm

Are people still playing this retarded song?
Jul 24, 2016 7:33 PM

Jan 2013
Tsundereppoi said:
j0x said:
is RT reliable?

j0x said:
its government funded

j0x said:
by Russia

j0x said:
so there will be bias,

j0x said:
i see that MAL and 4chan likes this news source

/mega_facepalm

When has CNN or the BBC ever lied? (in stiches from the laughing, also on your side if you get confused.)
RedArmyShogunJul 24, 2016 7:39 PM
Jul 24, 2016 7:44 PM

Jan 2009
RedArmyShogun said:
Tsundereppoi said:

/mega_facepalm

When has CNN or the BBC ever lied? (in stiches from the laughing, also on your side if you get confused.)

Russia have known to twist news from RT in the past in favor of Putin http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/18/sara-firth-resigns-russia-today-lies-anchor_n_5598815.html
Jul 24, 2016 7:49 PM

Aug 2013
Damn another terrorist attack in Western Europe. I thank God I was never born in any major terrorist target country like America and the western European countries. Hope the people that were injured make full recoveries and condolences to the family of the one person that died.
Jul 24, 2016 7:50 PM

Jul 2009
j0x said:
RedArmyShogun said:

Russia have known to twist news from RT in the past in favor of Putin http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/18/sara-firth-resigns-russia-today-lies-anchor_n_5598815.html

Just as much as every single popular news source on the planet.
Wake up dude, there's no such thing as independent unbiased media. The news market (just as any other) is a rough place, and unless you have a stable source of very good income, you won't be getting anywhere.

State sponsored or something-else sponsored, nearly all "independent" western news media have more than once bonded together to launch anti-Russian propaganda campaigns, government toppling campaigns, as well as to aid left-wing narrative across the North-Atlantic.

So pointing at RT for having "biased funding" in this day and age is just comedic.
Jul 24, 2016 7:52 PM

Apr 2013
Appropriate:

RIP Deutschland
Jul 24, 2016 8:02 PM

Jan 2009
Tsundereppoi said:
j0x said:

Wake up dude, there's no such thing as independent unbiased media. The news market (just as any other) is a rough place, and unless you have a stable source of very good income, you won't be getting anywhere.

State sponsored or something-else sponsored, nearly all "independent" western news media have more than once bonded together to launch anti-Russian propaganda campaigns, government toppling campaigns, as well as to aid left-wing narrative across the North-Atlantic.

So pointing at RT for having "biased funding" in this day and age is just comedic.

i admit i think all news sources have bias in them, but people should look for the lesser evil then or lesser bias, RT have shown to be corrupt base on their resigning reporters, so the bias of RT is more strong than other news sources, so there is direct evidence of RT being bias unlike other news sources mention here like CNN or BBC
Jul 24, 2016 8:05 PM

Jan 2013
j0x said:
Tsundereppoi said:

i admit i think all news sources have bias in them, but people should look for the lesser evil then or lesser bias, RT have shown to be corrupt base on their resigning reporters, so the bias of RT is more strong than other news sources, so there is direct evidence of RT being bias unlike other news sources mention here like CNN or BBC

*sigh* As blind and stupid as ever I see.

http://cnnlies.blogspot.com/ http://biasedbbc.org/blog/2013/07/22/bbc-lies-and-smears/

Go have fun reading.

Use the half a brain I hope you have and just type the channel with bias, or lies. And there you go. Lots and lots of things if those don't work for you.

RT is the LEAST bias of those three though for whatever that's worth.

The only "Real news" is by the AP when its a press release read off, and the weather. And half the time the former is told what to say, and the later is wrong every so often.
RedArmyShogunJul 24, 2016 8:09 PM
Jul 24, 2016 8:09 PM

Jan 2009
RedArmyShogun said:
j0x said:

*sigh* As blind and stupid as ever I see.

http://cnnlies.blogspot.com/ http://biasedbbc.org/blog/2013/07/22/bbc-lies-and-smears/

Go have fun reading.

Use the half a brain I hope you have and just type the channel with bias, or lies. And there you go. Lots and lots of things if those don't work for you.

RT is the LEAST bias of those three though for whatever that's worth.

if you think those are reliable sources of biases then i do not since they never been reported by other big news outlets

what im saying as evidence here is that multiple big news sources have reported the same thing like what RT have done in the past in favor of Putin
Jul 24, 2016 8:11 PM

Jan 2013
....maybe as most of the western press is owned by the same people?

I mean its really hard to look up stocks and ownership databases..heaven forbid.

I would continue this with you, but I've not slept well the last few days, and I long ago concluded I would have better luck teaching a monkey than I would you.
Jul 24, 2016 8:12 PM

Jan 2009
RedArmyShogun said:

The only "Real news" is by the AP when its a press release read off, and the weather. And half the time the former is told what to say, and the later is wrong every so often.

true AP is less bias and i think even Reuters is less bias sources of news too
Jul 24, 2016 8:14 PM

Jan 2009
RedArmyShogun said:
....maybe as most of the western press is owned by the same people?

I mean its really hard to look up stocks and ownership databases..heaven forbid.

I would continue this with you, but I've not slept well the last few days, and I long ago concluded I would have better luck teaching a monkey than I would you.

if you think im more stupid than a monkey so be it if that makes you feel good about yourself

funny though i never personally attack any of you here but you are not convincing with your points, attack my points instead of my intellect then
Jul 24, 2016 8:53 PM

Jan 2014
Jesus fuck, can we get a mod in here to clean up j0x's derailing?

OT: Seems like Bavaria is getting hit pretty hard by islamists, it's one of the, if not thee, most conservative state in Germany so I don't see this going over well if it keeps up. Hopefully my ancestral homeland pulls through and starts taking action.
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Jul 24, 2016 10:13 PM

Jan 2009
papsoshea said:

lol @j0x do you have no shame?

what i have to be ashamed of here?
Jul 24, 2016 10:13 PM
Feb 2014
Uh guys, you have it all wrong, The Young Turks and Buzzfeed are the best news source on the entire Internet. Very informative! They make me hate myself and there's literally nothing wrong with that!

OT: Religion of peace
Jul 24, 2016 10:20 PM
Jul 2018
Lol using religion as a reason to partake in violence. So sad.
Jul 24, 2016 11:42 PM

Nov 2009
RedArmyShogun said:
Tsundereppoi said:

/mega_facepalm

CNN is not funded by the state, in fact iirc it is owned by one of the ISP companies. Not positive but I Think PBS is funded by the govt. to some extent (or one of them, I know it isn't any of the major news sources in America).

Having said that, it is kind of irrelevant since even state funded media would be less bias than RT since that is backed by the Kremlin. That would be equivalent to if you had the BBC run purely by UKIP while still using federal taxes to fund it. Even US news is not run completely by the same people in charge of the president's PR, that just screams corruption.
Jul 25, 2016 1:03 AM

Jun 2016
Authorities believe it was 'deliberate' lol that's adorable, nah obviously he was carrying that destructive device around as a fashion statement smh #getthesyrialook

If they can't keep these guys who came here years ago in check then why are we even surprised if the "fresh" ones are practically unsupervised?
Jul 25, 2016 1:06 AM

Mar 2016
Europe awake, before it's too late!
Jul 25, 2016 1:45 AM

Sep 2011
j0x said:

Having a tunnel vision and continuing the same song and dance, your reaction on the terrorist events are soooo predictable.

And also ironic that you cite HuffPo as a credible source after calling out RT as biased.

OT, so this is going to occur weekly or fortnightly? Better get something done or I fear Europe would be going to war soon.
No way to recall
What it was that you had said to me
Like I care at all
But it was so loud
And you sure could yell
You took a stand on every little thing
And it was so loud
Jul 25, 2016 2:18 AM

Jan 2009
Syndromic said:
j0x said:

Having a tunnel vision and continuing the same song and dance, your reaction on the terrorist events are soooo predictable.

And also ironic that you cite HuffPo as a credible source after calling out RT as biased.

OT, so this is going to occur weekly or fortnightly? Better get something done or I fear Europe would be going to war soon.

the HuffPo news article cites AP or Associated Press that is considered unbiased source even by the other poster
Jul 25, 2016 3:27 AM

Mar 2008
What are these bombs made of usually? Maybe some sort of red flag should be set off if one person buys all the materials needed.
Jul 25, 2016 3:47 AM

Jun 2013
Welp there goes my European Dream Holiday.
Jul 25, 2016 3:50 AM

Jul 2015
traed said:
What are these bombs made of usually? Maybe some sort of red flag should be set off if one person buys all the materials needed.

Bombs are not really hard to make, agricultural fertilizers can be used as key component mixed with other easy to get ingredients and nails for additional shrapnel
Jul 25, 2016 3:54 AM

Jun 2013
Sukebe14 said:
traed said:

Bombs are not really hard to make, agricultural fertilizers can be used as key component mixed with other easy to get ingredients and nails for additional shrapnel

If there's something that I learned in chemistry class is that ammonium nitrate is easy to detonate. No we didn't actually test it out in the lab though.
Jul 25, 2016 6:08 AM

Jan 2012
Tomboy said:

You can always visit the Scandinavian countries ,or did u wanna visit Germany ?

Jul 25, 2016 6:12 AM

Feb 2016
Tomboy said:

Aw its not that bad there
Jul 25, 2016 6:13 AM

Feb 2016
"RT is biased"

"CNN and the BCC are not biased"

Man how many times do I hear this on 9gag?

Wait this is MAL.
Jul 25, 2016 7:52 AM

Jan 2013
Tomboy said:
Sukebe14 said:

If there's something that I learned in chemistry class is that ammonium nitrate is easy to detonate. No we didn't actually test it out in the lab though.

Bombs are laughably easy to make. Even some Chemical and Biological weapons are, with things that can be found in the local super market.

You can even find instructions just with a simple click of a mouse, or books decades past.

If buying such items set off "red flags" we all would be under investigation. Even a camping torch, and some cans of shaving cream can make an IED, or alcohol and chlorine tablets. You really want to do something, then buy some cleaning supplies. But no details on that from me out in the open.
Jul 25, 2016 8:04 AM

Jan 2009
Tomboy said:
It's quite sad if a few violent Attacks that can always happen makes someone to cancel their Trip to another Country, even though the Risks are statistically much lower than to have a Traffic Accident.

Germany is a politically stable Country with well-trained Police and one of the best Special Operation Forces in the World. If it comes down to it, the State will show its strong Side and completely turn over the whole Country until every single Rat has been found in various Raids and Crackdowns. However, I can't really imagine anyone wanting that, so at most, this is possibly an equally irrelevant Act of Revenge than the German Side does with its Reconnaissance Flights and Tanking Support over Syria. At the very least, I still don't want to to think that anyone would hate Germany that much, considering we are barely military active. Unlike other Western Powers, we don't use Drone Bombings at all, so there's no Reason to blame us for what happened in Syria. If anything, they should be gracious that we were willed to take in that many People from there and from elsewhere.
Jul 25, 2016 9:49 AM

Mar 2016
Hehe, I read the "german" police is warned the bomber to leave the country. Two times! But they forgot to check is he left or not...

WoW, I also read the "german" government's statements. Should I laugh or cry? Well, I'm not from German-Caliphate, so I guess, I'm laughing.
Dave8814Jul 25, 2016 9:56 AM
Jul 25, 2016 10:03 AM

Jul 2009
j0x said:

The "resigning" reporters simply wanted to make a carrier for themselves by flipping PR stunts during moments when the particular topics enjoyed the attention of the entire world. It's a business, and those who know how to "play the game" properly, profit. But somehow I really, really doubt that the Crimean and eastern Ukrainian people were very grateful for those self-congratulating PR stunts. Reporters trying to make money on human suffering are pure scum.

As for "lesser evil" and/or "lesser bias", the notion of Russia being evil or biased was invented by western press. When did RT engage in branding every western leader as Obama's Trojan Horse? Western "independent" and "non-state funded" press is starting to mimic Soviet level of ridiculousness.

Jul 25, 2016 10:09 AM

Jun 2013
AllenVonStein said:
Tomboy said:

You can always visit the Scandinavian countries ,or did u wanna visit Germany ?

Germany and France. Lol I feel like I'm missing out since my sis and parents had gone for a Europe trip before I was born. Well I was like 6 months old. XD

Is Sweden, Norway and the Netherlands safe for tourists?
(I know I'm in no position to ask this, seeing as I'm from of those countries were rape is rampant.)

I sure would love to visit a lot of museums and historical buildding. Also I wanna satisfy my sweet tooth. I've had packaged stroopwaffels before, but I also wanna try the fresh ones, also maybe some crepes.
Dildry said:
Tomboy said:

Aw its not that bad there

Of course. Europe is like Disneyland for us Asians. It's just that you have to be careful nowadays seeing all the recent shit thats been happening.

(Trust me, Iran was a beautiful, secular place. My dad had an assignment there way before I was born and he said it's just a shame wow such a beautiful place turned into a shitstorm because of politics.)

My dad's got tickets to the UK for now. I actually had visited England when I was in second grade. I even have the old teddy bear I got from Harrods. I hope Queen Liz will provide me with a warm welcome!
(Pay reparations you bastards! JK don't kill me xD)
Jul 25, 2016 10:16 AM

Jul 2009
Merkel along with the rest of the Europe elite pushing the open borders and multicultural policies need to be charged with treason, as they've effectively without a doubt betrayed their own people.

It's one thing when you have a corrupt and stubborn leadership, but it's a completely different thing when you have a leadership that's doing everything in its power to destroy the sovereignty and security of its people. Be this Medieval times, people like Merkel would have already been burned at the stake.
Jul 25, 2016 10:20 AM

Jun 2013
Noboru said:
Tomboy said:
It's quite sad if a few violent Attacks that can always happen makes someone to cancel their Trip to another Country, even though the Risks are statistically much lower than to have a Traffic Accident.

Germany is a politically stable Country with well-trained Police and one of the best Special Operation Forces in the World. If it comes down to it, the State will show its strong Side and completely turn over the whole Country until every single Rat has been found in various Raids and Crackdowns. However, I can't really imagine anyone wanting that, so at most, this is possibly an equally irrelevant Act of Revenge than the German Side does with its Reconnaissance Flights and Tanking Support over Syria. At the very least, I still don't want to to think that anyone would hate Germany that much, considering we are barely military active. Unlike other Western Powers, we don't use Drone Bombings at all, so there's no Reason to blame us for what happened in Syria. If anything, they should be gracious that we were willed to take in that many People from there and from elsewhere.

I would kneel down and bow my head before those who had saved my family from a warzone instead of trying to make them accept my culture. In fact I would discard my culture if it meant my survival.I would eat beef if it was my only meal (trust me I have, don't like the taste though but it's food).

I read this quote some where - "War doesn't determine who are right, only who are left."

It's sad for those families who lost their homes, but if you are welcomed by another nation, you should follow their rules and customs.

Whoops I rambled on. You're correct, statistically dying in a car crash is more likely to happen to you than dying in a airplane crash or terrorist attack.But we are more traumatised and influenced by humans killing other humans.
Jul 25, 2016 1:01 PM

Jan 2009
Tomboy said:
I would kneel down and bow my head before those who had saved my family from a warzone instead of trying to make them accept my culture. In fact I would discard my culture if it meant my survival.I would eat beef if it was my only meal (trust me I have, don't like the taste though but it's food).
Same here, except that I don't have any Food Restrictions except for other Humans. If I were in some African Country, I would go without Meat for my own Safety or generally whenever I think it could be spoilt.

The Quote is nice and fitting.

I wouldn't follow a Rule or Custom that would go against my Morality, but I would at least try to not cause any Trouble.

No Problem and you are right, especially when it happens right next to us. Fortunately, I didn't have to witness anything like that so far.
Jul 25, 2016 2:28 PM

May 2016
The Islamic state claims the suicide bomber who attacked in Germany..

I found this information here..
Also here
Jul 25, 2016 6:40 PM

Nov 2012
Elanin said:
The Islamic state claims the suicide bomber who attacked in Germany..

I found this information here..
Also here

Heard that this morning as well. This made me laugh:

"We don’t know if this man planned on suicide or if he had the intention of killing others,” Hermann said,"

lol, guy was totally walking in a crowded area and thinking, "Man, committing suicide at home with a knife is so troublesome. Much better to detonate this bomb I happen to have right here and save some time."

Jul 26, 2016 5:00 AM

Mar 2016
Meanwhile in the liberal media

Jul 26, 2016 5:13 AM
Oct 2014
Guys, who can blame him. We did actually colonize his country.

Jul 26, 2016 10:48 PM

May 2009
Dave8814 said:

Care to explain? I know what's wrong with that title, but I have a feeling you do not.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2016 12:33 AM

Oct 2013
I'm glad i live in Mexico
Jul 27, 2016 12:50 PM

Jan 2009
A psychological report compiled earlier this year and leaked to the tabloid Bild showed that Daleel was known to have suicidal tendencies and he was “to be believed” when he said he was planning “a spectacular suicide”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/27/munich-gunman-saw-sharing-hitlers-birthday-as-special-honour

I'm left speechless...

UnoPuntoCinco said:
I'm glad i live in Mexico
That is, as long as you aren't openly a Dissident.

AO968 said:
Dave8814 said:

Care to explain? I know what's wrong with that title, but I have a feeling you do not.
lol; that looks like a "Can-you-spot-the-Mistake" Picture to me with multiple right Answers xD
Jul 27, 2016 2:02 PM

Mar 2014
So I guess it's Germany's turn now, huh? Then I guess it's only a matter of time until the terrorist attacks hit Sweden

Maybe I should stay in North Murica
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jul 27, 2016 2:25 PM

Oct 2013
That's exactly my point
Jul 27, 2016 2:28 PM

Jan 2009
What? At least over here, you only get raided at most if you go too strongly into one specific Region.
Jul 27, 2016 3:05 PM

Oct 2013
Noboru said:
What? At least over here, you only get raided at most if you go too strongly into one specific Region.
I meant that, as a random guy in the mall or any public space the probabilities of being a victim of a mass killing are almost non existant, as you mentioned, those involved in power conflicts are the ones who get killed.
Jul 27, 2016 9:32 PM

Jan 2009
UnoPuntoCinco said:
Noboru said:
I meant that, as a random guy in the mall or any public space the probabilities of being a victim of a mass killing are almost non existant, as you mentioned, those involved in power conflicts are the ones who get killed.
Ah thanks; I understand what you mean now and yeah, if you aren't involved in such "power conflicts", you're less likely to die from a Shooting than from having a real Accident.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.