Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 9, 2016 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well for it's worth, the OST sure is catchy for this show.

We also got some fan service..(kinda expected it tbh) with the girls. The introduction of the main characters is pretty generic. There's also implied tragedy based on the flashbacks as well...

Meanwhile, I guess the action is okay for most parts. And animation style looks decent. Hotaru is the coolest character from this series so far imo.
Jul 9, 2016 9:17 AM

Sep 2015
Hmm interesting series i musy say. The op was sang by Claris, its been awile seen i have listen to their songs. The OSTs are not bad also.

There is like 3 factions? magicians-sky, swordsman-sea and gunners-land. Their cooperation are so bad lol.
valvravetruthJul 9, 2016 10:37 AM
Jul 9, 2016 9:36 AM

Apr 2010
Let's just say the the start looked very good but ones the start was over this turned in too lameness overload and it got terrible generic.
I honestly regret giving this a try there was nothing much that stood out besides the start.
Maybe things will change but for now i doubt i will be watching this too it's end.
Jul 9, 2016 9:57 AM

Jun 2015
Loved this first episode. Seems to be a magic high school anime but not your usual ones. The ost was amazing. I love the characters so far and how their personalities clash. The mc is a douche so we can expect a lot of character development. I also like how we see how the factions work. They all want to rank higher so they fight each other. This can lead to some interesting developments. The visuals of the show were amazing too. I cant wait for the next episode.
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Jul 9, 2016 10:12 AM

Jun 2015
I'm okay with high schoolers running everything as long as they don't act like high schoolers. In Qualidea Code, they act like high schoolers. I get that all the adults are dead or something, but you'd think there'd be a sense of responsibility in protecting the entire world, instead of the whole war being a game or a competition.

The music is fucking awesome, though.
Jul 9, 2016 10:24 AM

Jan 2012
That wasn't bad. MC's attitude stinks, but it makes sense in context of a ranking system and isn't too bad. Love Cana, Hotaru and Maihime. Their personalities and abilities.
Jul 9, 2016 10:28 AM

Mar 2014
The music was awful really, or at least, it was awfully used, can't even hear what anyone is saying or any effects.
Jul 9, 2016 10:39 AM

Dec 2014
I personally liked this. The music was more than decent and the art was alright. Most importantly, some of the characters look interesting
Jul 9, 2016 10:46 AM

Dec 2013
I like it. Looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 9, 2016 10:57 AM

Sep 2011
OST is extremely catchy. Animation was pretty good and art seems okayish. Can't say much for the story atm though.

Paulo27 said:
The music was awful really, or at least, it was awfully used, can't even hear what anyone is saying or any effects.
I could hear them just fine, so no clue what you're talking about.
TyrelJul 9, 2016 11:00 AM
Jul 9, 2016 11:03 AM
Jan 2016
I Just Watch to Listen ClariS Song :P...
Btw I Hope It doesnt suck like GT Asterikh
ddynamic00Jul 9, 2016 11:11 AM
Jul 9, 2016 11:04 AM

May 2013
"Random aliens killed everyone and then...we had a magical battle academy in the middle of the ocean to train magical teenagers to fight them"

Are we sure this isn't a LN.

Jul 9, 2016 11:09 AM

Mar 2014
Ventris said:
"Random aliens killed everyone and then...we had a magical battle academy in the middle of the ocean to train magical teenagers to fight them"

Are we sure this isn't a LN.
Date a Live, The Hentai Prince and Oregairu authors, it's a LN³.
Jul 9, 2016 11:12 AM
Jul 2018
This isn't as bad as I thought! Good episode!

Ichiya needs to learn to work with others more.
Jul 9, 2016 11:13 AM

Mar 2015
The main character is so arrogant. I hate those type.

The girls look cute though. Especially the red headed girl.
Jul 9, 2016 11:24 AM

May 2015
OST and music is already the best of this season, lmao. Canaria's singing was beautiful.

Other than that, I enjoyed this first episode. But damn, Ichiya is one big ass, unlike the other characters. I wonder what these "Unknown" are, though. Hopefully this show will be good. It's one of the shows I've been looking forward to this season.

Jul 9, 2016 11:26 AM

Aug 2013
interesting..
I like the fact that they divide 'job class' based on different cities..

like wizards on tokyo, gunslingers & swordmen on others
Jul 9, 2016 11:27 AM

Jan 2015
And it also has Regional-rival. I wonder what power each of them have and the "common" question... THE STRONGEST?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 9, 2016 11:38 AM

Jan 2012
This is just as bad as i expected.
Decent charakter writing became pretty rare in Japan over the years.
No wonder Manwhas and webtoons get traction so fast. Koreans and Chinese are better charakter writers than the antisocial Otaku circlejerk that is the japanese Anime industrie and community.
"Es irrt der Mensch, solang er strebt." - Faust I, Vers 317
Jul 9, 2016 11:44 AM
Jun 2014
How can you be an ass with that big-titted singer kinpatsu one-san? Please MC-kun with that attitude you are right into NTR path. Good first ep, glad it's original, that way I don't feel the urge to spoil myself.
Jul 9, 2016 12:24 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty solid start, though a bit generic I'll say. The characters are pretty enjoyable and lively to watch that its pretty nice to see.
Jul 9, 2016 12:53 PM

Jan 2012
Extremely generic imo but I still like it for now. Unknown robot-like aliens? Students fighting? Students being heads? Where are the adults huh?
Hope they will explain later how they got those powers... I guess they didn't have them when they were first attacked.

MozillaFennekin said:
I'm okay with high schoolers running everything as long as they don't act like high schoolers. In Qualidea Code, they act like high schoolers. I get that all the adults are dead or something, but you'd think there'd be a sense of responsibility in protecting the entire world, instead of the whole war being a game or a competition.

+1
I can never understand why the students are the ones saving the world dressed in high school uniforms which doesn't seem all that practical for fighting...

@ your signature, I was going to say Mayoiga is the greatest of all but after reading your review I gotta say Big Order does seem more impressive xD
Jul 9, 2016 12:56 PM

Jul 2015
haha I expected people to say this anime was generic and terrible, but I gotta say, what isnt Generic and terrible? Time traveling Series? Action Anime? Everyone has their own taste, so that's to be expected, but sometimes you can appearicate certain anime for what's their worth, for some people it might be the music, for some the characters, and for some the animation, and for some it would be the plot. I personally wanted to see this show the most since the pv came out. Whatever though, some people just want to use harsh words I guess for 90% of the anime thats coming out and cant just enjoy a show cause its entertainment anyways.
Jul 9, 2016 1:16 PM

May 2016
generic battle academy start, I wonder there is a conflict in this anime.
Jul 9, 2016 1:21 PM

Mar 2014
lmao its not as generic as everyones saying i mean i thoroughly enjoyed myself throughout the entire episode because of the music and animation. and to those talking about mcs sucky attitude its not like theyre planning any character development and its totally warranted to judge based on 24 minutes of content, right? lol..
Jul 9, 2016 1:26 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
At this point, i'm just asking myself if A1-Pictures is just taking the piss now. xD

Generic battle academy show that will be an average/good watch, nothing more to say here honestly.
Jul 9, 2016 1:28 PM
Apr 2016
Nothing special but i like the part when yellow haired girl singing
Jul 9, 2016 1:32 PM

May 2010
what a waste of fucking time. TRASH!!!
Jul 9, 2016 1:43 PM

Jul 2015
An ok episode, cool music and all but the unknown designs were little sloppy imo.
lets see what happens later on :)
Jul 9, 2016 1:51 PM

Jun 2014
Overall, this wasn't as bad as I was initially expecting. I think it's pretty good that 3 LN writers collaborated for this project; I don't think I've seen that a lot when it comes to LN's in general, and in anime. The premise is pretty solid and intriguing, if not slightly cliche. The first couple of minutes before that quick battle were a little boring.

Maihime is my favorite character thus far, due to her high optimism and great personality. I can tell Aoi Yuki's having fun voicing her. The other characters are also pretty decent minus Ichiya, as he's very much like Yu from Seraph of the End. Overconfident, bratty, and dead set on killing the enemies. However, I think he is made more of an asshole by dialogue with Canaria. Seriously, you tell a girl that if her childhood nickname for you is revealed to the world outside of the city heads she could go kill herself? Rude. -_-

The animation's okay at this point, but I can see A1's putting a lot of effort into the battles, which is nice. The score's pretty good as well, and I liked hearing that dubstep piece.

Overall, I'm definitely interested in seeing where this goes. Hopefully Ichiya stops acting like an ass sooner rather than later.
DazzlingAnime1Jul 9, 2016 2:48 PM
Jul 9, 2016 1:51 PM
Mar 2016
Well, by the looks of it, there won't be any harem in this thing.
Jul 9, 2016 1:57 PM

Feb 2015
That was shit. The MC is an arsehole and the whole world set up is cliche to say the least. The art and animation is bang average for A1 and its not as good looking as Asterisk.

Throw in some bland character designs and crappy CG and this is probably the worst opening episode of the season. Gonna give this one more week to improve.
Jul 9, 2016 2:01 PM

Feb 2015
it went beyond my expectation actually.

Despite being generic for the aliens, apocalypse and highschool with superpower things, i enjoyed this episode because of various reasons. the first one is becaues of the soundtrack which is really catchy to this episode or maybe to the whole series i hope. especially when the girl with the mike was about to sing. i thought it was gonna be another generic idol song lol, but wow :o the song was really nice to hear :D

the second reason is because of the cool and a little bit mysterious and dark atmosphere as a result of combination between the soundtrack and the animation. The action looks great imo. well, not really that "impressive" like ufotable lol xD but it was atleast on pair like Arterisk but not colorful.

The third reason is because there are many action in this show rather than the fanservice scene. heck, i don't even see any fanservice in this show which is in my opinion a very good desicion. it would ruin the cool atmosphere imo if they put fanservice or ecchi scene in this show.

The fourth reason is because of the character relationship. story is being generic but the characters aren't. i didn't mean the relationship between Utara and Ichiya, i mean the relationship between those three schools, or more like between those three faction maybe what i supposed to called ? Like, none of them are getting along with eachother lol xD and that's what i found interesting but yet they look like are getting along like friend in my views sometimes. knowing A-1 is making this series, i hope they ain't gonna messed that up. and i know the MC was being so freaking arrogant lol. but that's what i like. lol i thought it was gonna be the MC like in any other harem series. not a likeable mc so far but i hope for a characterization for him. i bet there is a reason why he was being arrogant in this episode. there are still many mystery about their power and their world, i want to know more about that too. i seriously hope they ain't gonna messed everything up cause i really enjoyed the first episode.

*just checked up the staff*
i guess there will be no problem with it.
the original creator of oregairu is one of the staff. i really really hope they ain't gonna messed up anything cause so far, imo, it looks great.

and for the last reason why i enjoyed this episode, because there are many cool characters either boys or girls in this anime. like seriously. story is generic but characters are rather more entertaining to me. maybe that is the other most reason why i enjoyed this episode.

really enjoyed this alot. i hope they keep up with the nice soundtrack, good animation fight scene and amusing and entertaining characters.

looking foward for the next episode :D

Edit: am i the only one who enjoyed the first episode so much lol ?! there are many people who dislike the first episode. i feel lonely ;_;
YizelTroJul 9, 2016 2:10 PM
Jul 9, 2016 2:02 PM

Jul 2015
Well, I'll say I like the blonde chick and the soundtrack
Jul 9, 2016 2:19 PM

Apr 2016
I think it's worth my time to follow the 3 episode rule at least.

Also, why is it always teenagers that have to save the world?
Jul 9, 2016 2:24 PM

Feb 2015
twigglyfiggly said:

seems like many people asking the same question in this thread too.
i'm guessing because it's entertaining to the japanese anime fans. and that's why anime industry keep making the same thing over and over again. remember that anime industry ain't gonna give any fuck with the anime fans outside japan.

well for me, i'm okay with it :D
i found it entertaining too.
Jul 9, 2016 2:30 PM

Apr 2016
Tevens said:
twigglyfiggly said:

i'm guessing because it's entertaining to the japanese anime fans. and that's why anime industry keep making the same thing over and over again.
I'm at least hoping there's a reason why it must be kids. In Evangelion there was a vague, unnamed reason. And in series' like RWBY or Soul Eater, it's because they're training for something. Here, it looks like they're super-teens just because
Jul 9, 2016 2:32 PM

Feb 2015
twigglyfiggly said:
Tevens said:

i'm guessing because it's entertaining to the japanese anime fans. and that's why anime industry keep making the same thing over and over again.
I'm at least hoping there's a reason why it must be kids. In Evangelion there was a vague, unnamed reason. And in series' like RWBY or Soul Eater, it's because they're training for something. Here, it looks like they're super-teens just because

agree. there are still many question that need to be answer atleast in the next episode. so i'm really hoping that they ain't gonna messed everything up.
Jul 9, 2016 2:35 PM

Feb 2012
Looks like a really generic start I've seen done a million times. However I really like the character designs for this show. So far I really like Asuha. Our MC's gravity powers seem pretty cool.
Jul 9, 2016 2:40 PM

Jan 2012
DazzlingAnime1 said:
Overconfident, bratty, and dead set on killing the enemies. However, I think he is made more of an asshole by dialogue with Canaria. Seriously, you tell a girl that if her childhood nickname for you is revealed to the world outside of Maihime she could go kill herself? Rude. -_-

Yes I thought that comment was over the top too. It's like he will force her to commit suicide because he will be too embarrassed himself so he needs to get rid of the source. And he does actually seem to like her so it's even worse.
Jul 9, 2016 2:40 PM
Jul 2018
Decent art and animation! Hopefully we will able see a good story soon.
Jul 9, 2016 2:54 PM

Jun 2015
Tevens said:
it went beyond my expectation actually.

Despite being generic for the aliens, apocalypse and highschool with superpower things, i enjoyed this episode because of various reasons. the first one is becaues of the soundtrack which is really catchy to this episode or maybe to the whole series i hope. especially when the girl with the mike was about to sing. i thought it was gonna be another generic idol song lol, but wow :o the song was really nice to hear :D

the second reason is because of the cool and a little bit mysterious and dark atmosphere as a result of combination between the soundtrack and the animation. The action looks great imo. well, not really that "impressive" like ufotable lol xD but it was atleast on pair like Arterisk but not colorful.

The third reason is because there are many action in this show rather than the fanservice scene. heck, i don't even see any fanservice in this show which is in my opinion a very good desicion. it would ruin the cool atmosphere imo if they put fanservice or ecchi scene in this show.

The fourth reason is because of the character relationship. story is being generic but the characters aren't. i didn't mean the relationship between Utara and Ichiya, i mean the relationship between those three schools, or more like between those three faction maybe what i supposed to called ? Like, none of them are getting along with eachother lol xD and that's what i found interesting but yet they look like are getting along like friend in my views sometimes. knowing A-1 is making this series, i hope they ain't gonna messed that up. and i know the MC was being so freaking arrogant lol. but that's what i like. lol i thought it was gonna be the MC like in any other harem series. not a likeable mc so far but i hope for a characterization for him. i bet there is a reason why he was being arrogant in this episode. there are still many mystery about their power and their world, i want to know more about that too. i seriously hope they ain't gonna messed everything up cause i really enjoyed the first episode.

*just checked up the staff*
i guess there will be no problem with it.
the original creator of oregairu is one of the staff. i really really hope they ain't gonna messed up anything cause so far, imo, it looks great.

and for the last reason why i enjoyed this episode, because there are many cool characters either boys or girls in this anime. like seriously. story is generic but characters are rather more entertaining to me. maybe that is the other most reason why i enjoyed this episode.

really enjoyed this alot. i hope they keep up with the nice soundtrack, good animation fight scene and amusing and entertaining characters.

looking foward for the next episode :D

Edit: am i the only one who enjoyed the first episode so much lol ?! there are many people who dislike the first episode. i feel lonely ;_;

I enjoyed the hell out of the episode. Probably my favorite this season so far
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Jul 9, 2016 3:11 PM

Jul 2013
It's exactly what I expected: a battle magic academy series. Well, the soundtrack it's good and the battles looks cool.
MC is a total jerk, but he didn't annoyed me. He should be nicer with the blonde chick, though, she is too hot to be treated like that.

The ending of ClariS is great, as expected.
Jul 9, 2016 3:39 PM

Sep 2015
I watched this anime because of the hype around the OST, and I'm not disappointed on this point
The mc is annoying af and the plot seems "meh"

It entertained me, but it's definitely not the best start of the season
Jul 9, 2016 3:54 PM

Mar 2013
Honestly, it's one of the best in this season. Already seen too many BS over the past week, I have to give it highest rating...
Jul 9, 2016 3:58 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Not gonna lie, I'm only here for Saito Soma lol. Even if his character is sort of on the douche side, but it doesn't bother me that much. The music great as expected, but that and Saito Soma alone won't be enough for me to keep watching. It wasn't bad, the first episode just wasn't good enough of a hook. I did like watching Ichiya and Canaria though, especially near the beginning where he knew exactly what she needed and was one step ahead of her with giving her towel/parts of the uniform. It was also nice that he carried her bag for her, leading me to think he's actually a pretty good guy, even if his condescending attitude could use some fixing.

Also, Maihime's coat is ugly af.
Jul 9, 2016 4:18 PM

Aug 2013
Well didn't know what kind of crap I'll be getting myself into when I watched it as I have not watched any of the PV and stuff.

But I can say I like it as the clash of personality is nice, and funny as fuck!

The Edgelord MC been a ass was making me cry a river of blood as I hope someone will take him a notch down, and the Sniper didn't disappoint me in that regard!

And did I mention that the MC is acting as the maid/young maiden that looks after their childhood friend and so on.... that's a little messed up! (Points to the changing clothes and preparing Lunch part)

The entire part of been a Highschool setting is so over used it's stale, but hey at least they got some nice character design.

I wonder will Canaria get to sing more than one song?
Jul 9, 2016 4:18 PM

Apr 2016
Aversa said:
Let's just say the the start looked very good but ones the start was over this turned in too lameness overload and it got terrible generic.
I honestly regret giving this a try there was nothing much that stood out besides the start.
Maybe things will change but for now i doubt i will be watching this too it's end.

Exactly what I thought. But I think I'll be giving this anime 4-5 episodes, and if it's still not interesting, I'll drop it.
"Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater."
~Einstein
(~.~)

Jul 9, 2016 4:28 PM

Apr 2014
Ughhhh the best thing I liked about this anime was the red head chick.
Everything else I've seen hundreds of times. I feel like this is the kind of anime I'd only be interested in watching because of the character designs and nothing else.
Jul 9, 2016 4:37 PM
Jul 2018
OST was great and I liked the characters expect for Canaria. I found myself only interested come the end of the episode with the beginning slow. It was not much of a hook for me.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

111 by redorzo »»
Feb 23, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

93 by redorzo »»
Feb 17, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

105 by redorzo »»
Feb 14, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

175 by redorzo »»
Feb 14, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2016

89 by redorzo »»
Feb 13, 11:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.