Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 5, 2016 4:53 AM

Mar 2011
Fai said:
dgraymanfan said:
Why are there so many whiny people whining about the voices they sound good to me.
Why do people expect voices to stay the same after around 8 years it is a fact of life people move on voice actors do it to so get off your high horse and quit expecting something that was not going to happen at all.

The the VA cult. I will never understand people like that but they do indeed exist. Whenever some work gets a remake or sequel and characters change VAs, it always happens, no matter what.

No, it's not just about who voices whom. And please, don't call it a VA cult. People support VAs but I don't see any reason why it should be called a cult.

It's not just because the old people who have seen the first part of the anime simply miss the old VAs (well that's one of the reasons). But in voice acting, it's the characterization that counts. And some people here invest their feelings on the characterization. For example, we knew Lenalee because of her smooth and soothing voice. It's not as cutesy as it is right now, but you will know that her character before didn't bank on how she looked like, but now, it seems like it (no offense meant) As for Lavi's.... the playfulness is just gone, and that's how most of the fans loved him. I didn't know Suzumura Kenichi when I first liked Lavi—what I liked about him is his playfulness, and it seems to be gone now.

Not to spread hate, though. All VAs are doing their best to deliver us the best performance that they can offer. Let's all just hope that the characterization will get better in the next episodes. :)
Jul 5, 2016 5:09 AM
Aug 2015
I like the Noah's new costume.. they reminds me of The Arrancar from Bleach lol
Allen's voice acting is good, it fits him in his puberty time.. Kanda and Komui were good to, while Crowley's, Lavi's, and Lenalee's weren't that good..
Miranda looks like a different person o_o

I don't read the manga, and i think this episode is good.. that cliffhanger tho.. looking for next episode!
Jul 5, 2016 5:10 AM

Aug 2014
I like the new animation,the voice acting feels a bit odd, but I think It's time to rewatch the entire anime without fillers because I seriously forgot everything lol.
Jul 5, 2016 5:11 AM

Sep 2014
All I want from this anime is for it to stay loyal to the manga. So far, so good.

Also, it's probably a really good thing that most people approve of Kanda's and Allen's VAs since they're going to get most of the screen time this season.

LOL, who am I kidding. This is going to be my favorite anime of the year. I'm so hyped to finally get to see Kanda's arcs that I'm just happy this exists and was surprisingly satisfied with his VA change since he was my fav from the original.
Jul 5, 2016 5:31 AM

Apr 2009
D.Gray-man's my top favourite both anime and manga but honestly speaking it's not the same anymore (anime).
I mean, the previous adaptation had poor animation. This adaptatio's animation is better but it's still very much so-so. And also the soundtrack, the seiyuu, Allen's husky voice, Kand's Sakurai Takahiro's low voice - I mean, so many things that created the unique atmosphere in the previous adaptation they are gone now.
We see Lavi for the first time, he opens his mouth and wtf comes out of it. Not the humorous Suzumura Kenichi's voice. I know they tried their best to choose the VAs, and I'd say that Kanda's voice is okay more or less but not Allen's.

I know that some seiyuu from the previous adaptation have died but it's not enough of a reason to change the whole cast!! Why did they do that?? Even Cross Marian's voice!

I know I will get used to it but it actually reduced my enjoyment of this adaptation by 50%.
And are they sure they can fit the whole Alma Karma arc into jjust 13 episodes???
Sig Removed. Hosting site unavailable and giving fall virus readings
Jul 5, 2016 6:01 AM
Jun 2013
Okay this episode was a 4/5 for me. It was a good episode overall.

Animation was great the characters looked really pretty too. (i was so afraid they would screw sth up after seeing some of the promotional art) The character designs were great. The backgrounds were really eye catching and beautiful. It was all very pretty to watch. My only problem: colour pallete too bright! (Compared to season 1&2) But still very happy with the animation.

Sound department was good too. Im so happy they retained the old OSTs instead of creating some new ones.

VAs i need time to get used to. Kanda and Allens VA were perfect. Kanda voice kicking ass. I prefer Ayumu Murase's deeper sounding voice compared to Sanae Kobayashi in the last season. Komui sounds great too. I miss lenalee and lavis VA but im not complaining since ive waited like 10 YEARS for this.

OP song was very catchy. probably one of the best OP this season. Only thing was the visuals did not fit the song and looked abit sketchy at sone parts. ED normal.
AllenWalker876Jul 5, 2016 7:02 AM
Don't give up. There is no shame in falling down! True shame is to not stand up again!

~Midorima Shintaro, Kuroko no Basket
Jul 5, 2016 6:27 AM

Apr 2009
I think making second season of D.Gray-man per se is a mixed blessing, so I give them credit for trying. But I also wonder - why? Obviously there were some reasons for the 8-years delay, but why pick something after 8 YEARS and stuff it into 13 eps (given that the first season was 103!)? It makes me hyped and disappointed at the same time. As did the 1st episode - Leenalee seemed completely off - both looks and voice, the voices as a whole were not bad, rather voice acting itself was akward. But the bigger problem for me - as a person not reading manga - was that I vaguely remember what happened the first season and it felt veeeery confusing to watch this now. So my advice is - if you're also not familiar with the manga - to briefly remind yourself the story so far. Otherwise the new story seems interesting but I just don't get the same vibe as the first time, rather awkward and hasty. :( To me it looks like someone had a flash, "Oh, that was something people really liked back then, why not make new stuff about it and don't give a sh*t what comes out"...
TZUN4IJul 5, 2016 6:34 AM
Jul 5, 2016 6:55 AM

Feb 2010
Really weird seeing the different animation and VAs but I personally think they done a decent job and it will just take a while to get used to the differences. In saying that, its really weird to be watching more dgm in general after this long lol :-o.

Straight into the story :-D. Dah, I never did like the clothes of the noah lol.
cloud8100Jul 5, 2016 7:00 AM
Jul 5, 2016 7:08 AM

Sep 2014
Good to have the gang back after so long.
Jul 5, 2016 7:12 AM

Jul 2013
renzospark said:
I like the Noah's new costume.. they reminds me of The Arrancar from Bleach lol
They look like strippers, I honestly prefer their classic, older outfits. Especially Tyki's one.
Jul 5, 2016 7:20 AM
Jan 2016
Animation is okay I guess but their noses are so strange! Am I the only one noticing this?
The voices doesn't fit either. Allens voice is fine but Lavi and Crowley doesn't fit at all. Same with Kanda and Johnny.... But it's probably best not to compare them to the old voices too much, that'll just ruin the experience ^^
But I'm really looking forward to meet the Noahs and to see the next episode with Timothy that awesome boy!! I'm really hyped.
Jul 5, 2016 7:31 AM
Jul 2016
Just watched it!!!!

Love it but LOVE the old ones more... But let's me complaints first 😤😤😤

The ARTS are completely changed... I mean in the old ones... the characters' drawing and the art were quite neat, unique, on point and had darker overall tone, which made it quite unique and which I fell in love with both manga n anime... This one is largely lacking in that department... But I may use to it if I watch more...but I need that dark unique tone back 😤 But we have to make do with this one now. This is better than nothing

I m ok with Allen's and Kanda's voice.. Not my Favourite ones either 😤

But what's up with lavi, lenalee, cross voices...Too high pitches... Especially cross...he doesn't have that arrogant man voice anymore 😤

But all in all... Good to see my favorite characters in action✌️✌... It gives that overall serious feeling but feel like something is lacking... But I will continue to watch upcoming episodes... Because this is my all time favourite manga n anime... And brought me back those old memory haha... Like how I needed to rush home from school to see those new episodes n all ✌️✌✌
sayuri228Jul 5, 2016 7:38 AM
Jul 5, 2016 8:24 AM
Aug 2013
I´m quite happy about this sequel, sure the new VA´s seemed a bit weird at first, but I can live with that considering the original ended 8 years ago. All in all we could have gotten a berserk (2016) just be happy we didnt. XD
Jul 5, 2016 8:34 AM

Jul 2010
Kakuja21 said:
Guys no need to complain about the new voices. I mean if those new VA were actually in the 1. season too would you still complain? This all happens because you ALWAYS compare them to the older ones. I think the VA did a good job with this i have no complains at all. Art and animation were good but there were issues with the framerate (maybe not the studios fault). The pacing was ok no big changes at all but the only thing i disliked were the big noses and Allen/Lenalle purple eyes >.>
Overall great episode!!

Ofc you can complain and it's not like you have to compare but just focus on how the voices fits their bodies/personality and most of them really don't, too many high-pitched voices.
Jul 5, 2016 8:37 AM
Apr 2014
Only problem I had with this was Miranda, Lavi, Lenalee, and Cross's VA

The art is more on par with the manga now than it was before.
I don't remember Lavi being so important in these arcs but he's getting a lot of screen time.

People complaining about Miranda and Lenalee new art, they look like that in the manga, Miranda is changing and Lenalees hair is growing back. U should assume there's time skip.

Miranda's voice is messed up to be honest , really doesn't fit the character.
Jul 5, 2016 8:52 AM

Apr 2014
Tyrel said:
165-168 Adapted. Pacing was just fine. Lenalee's voice does not fit her at all. Kanda's voice is okay but I like his previous one better. OP + ED Was good and fit the show well IMO. Cross Marian Arc and that bloody cliffhanger!

Some of the events got rearranged, but I think it's fine...

I thought the same thing, i mean i can last with the change in Lavi and Kanda, but Lenalee was one of the few characters which i thought were cool. I don't know what the previous VA did, but she was the best for Lenalee i.e being calm and collected, but when her family/friends are getting hurt, she will protect them. The feeling this VA gives is the type when the girl needs saving while Lenalee is the type to do the saving/protecting more than being saved/protected.

I can (kinda)accept the new VA's as the (kind of)growth of the other characters but for Lenalee it feels like the opposite.
Jul 5, 2016 8:53 AM

Dec 2015
Kakuja21 said:

Yep we wont probably see Cross that much anymore so theres no problem. Lavis voice was a little too high but i noticed that happened most when hes talking too loud or while fighting. Mirandas voice was meh but it didnt bother me cause shes not a very important side character. I liked Allens voice too it fits him well :D

Well Cross being a favorite character for me, I do consider it disappointing. So I think that will be many people. They will be more skeptical with the voice if it's a favorite character or character they liked a lot.

For example, I am not crazy about Lenalee, so I don't care what voice she has. lol If I have complaints about her, they're not voice-related lol
Jul 5, 2016 9:23 AM
Jan 2013
Too disappointed !!
Why did they change all the seiyuu TT.TT
I have nothing against Murase Ayumu (I like hinata's voice) but I think his voice isn't made for Allen. The previous seiyuu did a better job of giving us a mature and child-like voice but now... he's just like a child even when is shout.
Very disappointed
Jul 5, 2016 9:36 AM
Apr 2013
Ugh wtf!! I've forgotten so much since watching last, but I have no memories of the series being this bad, painful watching.
Jul 5, 2016 10:08 AM

Jan 2009
The episode is actually better than I expect (probably do not too high expectation in term of art and animation since last anime did have animation error as well). Prequel also did not have high budget for all episode so I'm not surprise that it does not high budget, but I also do not think it is low budget as compare to most shows. (will rejudge after season end)
The pacing is good and end at a good cliffhanger. Rearranging of scene is quite nice.
The art is nice and look great aside for some moment where art seems off. It's trying to stay as close as the manga (noted that recent manga chapter 219-222 has longer nose as well).
Character design for Allen and Lenalee could have been better for most part IMO but mostly well done as of now.
Animation is quite fluid throughout the episode except for a few scene (e.g when the group walking inside the new HQ).
Most coloring are quite nice, though some coloring not quite fit.
Action scene at the beginning is good since it is just a simple fight but better than expected.
Allen and Cross scene is really well done IMO, although a few scene is skipped but the main part still intact.
OST is still very good.
Voice acting is also actually better than expected. Though I think Krory's voice is the only strange one for me as of this episode. Hope the VA keep up the good work. I think the VA did as best as possible.
Opening and ending song is great. Ending animation is nice but opening animation is decent for now. Hoping there will be new opening animation as the opening animation for the 1st episode seems to introduce our four MC.
It seems there at least won't have heavy censoring compare to prequel which is air during evening while Hallow air in mid night.(one of the good thing)

I'm surprise that a lot of people actually complain about Miranda's design and voice but I don't find much complain on her. (Maybe because I read the manga and see the changes through the chapters).
I hope Clown Crown color return to being white cause its more natural to see white color Clown Crown.

So far, I'm happy with the animation

Judging from Episode 2 preview, they already in midway of Phantom Thief G arc(around chapter 177). It seems there will also be rearranging of scene for the upcoming arc. I guess the animator try to fit in 2 episode for this arc, which is rush IMO but hoping at least the action scene delivers. If this is true, at least Alma arc has at least around 9-10 episodes. If properly pace, it should be good.

That first opening scene really shock the hell out of me but it can also be the end of chapter 208. Seeing that first opening scene and the last ending scene, the animator might actually try to end the season at chapter 208 instead of chapter 205(which I initially thought), in which chapter 209 is the start of the next arc(ongoing). It might not be a bad stopping point to be honest, provided if the studio actually care to plan for a sequel ahead(not going to have high expectation yet, see how this season goes)

Overall, it is pretty good so far considering it is not easy to adapt D.Gray Man manga and art into anime to be honest. However, I still think it could have done a better job. Still looking forward to next episode and episodes ahead.
Jul 5, 2016 10:10 AM
Jan 2016
koto said:
Man, I am not digging the new voices. Almost all of them sucked. Lenalee, Lavi, and Crowley do not fit the characters well. Kanda could have been a bit better. Miranda sounds a little bit too mature for me compared to her old voice.

Voices may not really matter for an anime, but they do for me. Really hard to sit through and watch the episode with unfitting voices.

i feel u man, ughhh how i wished the old voice actors are casted instead >__>
Sakurai Takahiro... Kenichi Suzumura..............
Jul 5, 2016 10:15 AM
Jan 2016
So-Intense said:
Do I need to watch the original to watch this?

u must! if u dont, u will not have any idea about the Noahs and the Millennium Earl
but tbh, manga is always better.
Jul 5, 2016 10:16 AM
Jan 2016
dolly94 said:
That was sure depressing, the voices were so so painful to listen to. I couldn't concentrate on the content at all.
Why the hell did they give Leenalee a loli's voice? now she seems tooo tooo girly to me and Lavi, oh my poor bunny, he got the worst and most unfitting voice out of all of them.

Some people may think that changing voices isn't a big deal, but seriously for me, its the most important thing. I think its better for me to stick with the manga. 2/5... dropped.

hey do u know the status of the manga? its been like forever for a new chapter to get released. Its like forever at "Searching for A.W" =___=
Jul 5, 2016 10:30 AM

Dec 2008
I was so excited about this, but after seeing the first episode, now I'm like "meh." The character design is not really working for me, especially with Lena Lee and Miranda. Lavi's looking really HOT, though! Not really caring too much for the voice actors, either.

Still, I'm going to continue watching in hopes that it'll get better with time.
Jul 5, 2016 10:36 AM

Apr 2014
unfoldedwings said:
Fai said:

The the VA cult. I will never understand people like that but they do indeed exist. Whenever some work gets a remake or sequel and characters change VAs, it always happens, no matter what.

No, it's not just about who voices whom. And please, don't call it a VA cult. People support VAs but I don't see any reason why it should be called a cult.

It's not just because the old people who have seen the first part of the anime simply miss the old VAs (well that's one of the reasons). But in voice acting, it's the characterization that counts. And some people here invest their feelings on the characterization. For example, we knew Lenalee because of her smooth and soothing voice. It's not as cutesy as it is right now, but you will know that her character before didn't bank on how she looked like, but now, it seems like it (no offense meant) As for Lavi's.... the playfulness is just gone, and that's how most of the fans loved him. I didn't know Suzumura Kenichi when I first liked Lavi—what I liked about him is his playfulness, and it seems to be gone now.

Not to spread hate, though. All VAs are doing their best to deliver us the best performance that they can offer. Let's all just hope that the characterization will get better in the next episodes. :)

To dgraymanfan, i won't deny that i might be one of the whiny people and i know the VA's voices are good, but are they good for the characters?
Allen's VA is proper, Kanda and Lavi can have the growth excuse, but Lavi change from the fun to serious voice feel paper thin, his fun voice belongs to Lavi but his serious voice doesn't match up. Lenalee is 100% different.
The original VA made Lenalee strong and a person who wants to help/save her loved ones and they can also depend on her. But the new VA makes her to be the type that's weak and needs to be saved. The previous VA made Lenalee an independent person, but this VA makes her to be the dependent type.

To Fai, if your favorite character was a strong awesome person with a strong personality but then the VA suddenly changed and the character became strong and kind, it changes the image the character originally had. I don't have much anime which change their VA's nor did i watch a remake anime but the movie Bakemono no Ko had a very good voice change from a kid to an adult, i couls barely tell the difference.

To unfoldedwings, Thank you for clearing up what was different with Lavi, i couldn't get the exact thing that was missing from him.

I don't mean to say i hate the VA, but she changed the personality of the character i really liked. When i was watching anime years ago(when i was a kid), Lenalee was the first strong female character i found from all the anime i've seen which usually had a weak female character who would only cry & not even try to help out.

Sorry if i annoyed anyone, but i just wanted to state my opinion. I know it's unfair to judge the VA's on only one episode but i just don't want anyone to do a 180 difference in the character's personality.
Again, sorry for the disturbance.
Jul 5, 2016 10:39 AM

Dec 2015
Ginnnn said:
dolly94 said:
That was sure depressing, the voices were so so painful to listen to. I couldn't concentrate on the content at all.
Why the hell did they give Leenalee a loli's voice? now she seems tooo tooo girly to me and Lavi, oh my poor bunny, he got the worst and most unfitting voice out of all of them.

Some people may think that changing voices isn't a big deal, but seriously for me, its the most important thing. I think its better for me to stick with the manga. 2/5... dropped.

hey do u know the status of the manga? its been like forever for a new chapter to get released. Its like forever at "Searching for A.W" =___=

You're waaay behind. The manga has been back since last Jul. The chapters are relased quarterly, due to Hoshino's health. So we get 4 chapters a year. The chapters being released Jan. Apr. Jul. and Oct.

We are on chapt. 222, currently And chapter 223 will be out the 15th of this month.
Jul 5, 2016 10:48 AM

May 2016
This was...disappointing. I dont know, having watched the old series years ago kept me comparing the two and to be honest...the new series doesnt seem to hold a candle to the old one. I remember Kanda being more silent and Allen less...obnoxious? Childish? Lenalee and Miranda look completely different, heck, timcampy is the only one who stayed the same :p The art looks horrible and the new black order uniforms look rubbish compared to the old ones. I hope this gets better soon. I was looking forward to a prequel after all these years...
Jul 5, 2016 11:43 AM
Jan 2016
SilverWolf442 said:
Ginnnn said:

You're waaay behind. The manga has been back since last Jul. The chapters are relased quarterly, due to Hoshino's health. So we get 4 chapters a year. The chapters being released Jan. Apr. Jul. and Oct.

We are on chapt. 222, currently And chapter 223 will be out the 15th of this month.

Really? Only 4 chapters a year? That's painful to hear x__x
Anyways, thank you for the info.
Maybe 1 of the reasons why we only get 13 episodes for the new series is because of the progress of the manga.

Keep up the good work Hoshino-san!
Jul 5, 2016 11:45 AM

Oct 2011
Honestly my only issue so far with this is Lenalee's voice acting.
I just want to strangle her every time she opens her mouth.
It does not fit her at all.

The rest of them, I could probably get used to it somewhat... Lavi looks bad ass as usual. <3
Jul 5, 2016 11:57 AM

Jun 2014
While I have some opinions regarding the episode as a whole, can we just appreciate the last 15~ seconds of the opening?
Jul 5, 2016 12:11 PM

May 2015
I wonder how crowley's voice sounds when he's in normal mode
I think the other voices are fine as they are I think its just cringy for those who just watch s1 and those who rewatched it recently
Jul 5, 2016 12:20 PM

Apr 2011
Knowing that Katsura Hoshino decided to change her art style in the manga, I wasn't really surprised by how the animation was different from the first animation. Also although the voice actors are different doesn't really affect me, I mean it's been 7 years there's definitely going to be a lot of changes. its just the first episode, still more to come. Haha.
Jul 5, 2016 1:00 PM

Oct 2015
This is a new series done with different directing, different art style and different voice actors. Of course fans will compare it to the original! The original anime is what made us fans of D.Gray-Man to begin with and if you don't like comparison between the new and original adaptations then tough. Deal with it because it's not gonna stop.

First of all, these are complaints coming from a fan of the original anime and a reader of the manga. Those noses are killing me! How didn't they notice how abnormally pointy they are?

Second of all, I abhor the new voices! Its the same studio so why couldn't the original voice actors and actresses return? Lavi's VA is obviously trying his best to imitate Suzumura's performance but it comes off so unnatural and high-pitched that its grating to listen to. Lenalee sounds too generic high school girly compared to Shizuka Itou's performance. Kanda I didn't mind much as his stayed true to the character. However, Allen's is by far the worst. Both the voice and voice acting kept throwing me out of the moment.

The animation I thought could have been better considering this is the pilot of a 13 episode series. You'd think they go all out given the name this series already has for itself as well as the fact that fans will be comparing this to the preceding adaptation. It wasn't bad but I wanted it to be better. Not a fan of the art style, especially the noses and super glossy hair but that's a minor.

The OST was welcomed. Its a treat to hear Kaoru Wada's gothic score again. It feels right at home in D.Gray-Man. Again, why couldn't the original VAs return?

This adaptation is obviously relying on watchers being acquainted with the original anime or at least with the events of the manga which, given a production gap of 8 years and the manga being in limbo for several, could serve to be disastrous as memories from older fans fade and new watchers are thrown into the middle of the story with no connection to the plot or characters.

5.5/10 for the pilot episode, will continue to watch as I love D.Gray-Man. I hope my opinion improves.
Jul 5, 2016 1:23 PM
Apr 2008
Only thing i'm dissapointed with are the new VAs.
Then again, its' only because i'm used to the original VAs I think.
Jul 5, 2016 1:26 PM

Sep 2013
I liked this first episode.

The characters look okay; especially Lenalee. Still prefer her look from the start of the series, but this is fine.
I'm glad that they're continuing to recuperate her character from before the end of the last season. It got really annoying when she kept crying over everything and was completely helpless in every situation (seriously, her breaking down in tears last season because shoes made her feet warm was the absolute worst >.<)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2016 1:43 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
New voice cast isn't very good, especially Lenalee's and Miranda's. And I didn't know that was Miranda until they said her name. And Lenalee looks a little different too (especially her eyes). Pacing was fine and the ending was great.

3/5
Jul 5, 2016 2:23 PM

Sep 2013
WE HAVE BECOME FUJOBAIT! XD

Seems they skipped a small arc but whatever.
Getting the truth about 14th and Mana and suddenly Cross dies :'(

LENALEE

ichii_1Jul 5, 2016 2:28 PM
Jul 5, 2016 3:21 PM
Oct 2013
ExoticBankai said:
I don't like the new lenalee, she was a bad ass with twin tails, now she look like a schoolgirl....

Lenalee cut her hair off towards the end of the first series, so it would be a bit odd for her to suddenly have long hair. I don't know what she looks like in the manga though. What bothers me is her voice. It sounds too "cutesy"... if that makes sense.

Jul 5, 2016 3:35 PM

Jul 2013
Vilvake said:
ExoticBankai said:
I don't like the new lenalee, she was a bad ass with twin tails, now she look like a schoolgirl....

Lenalee cut her hair off towards the end of the first series, so it would be a bit odd for her to suddenly have long hair. I don't know what she looks like in the manga though. What bothers me is her voice. It sounds too "cutesy"... if that makes sense.

She lost her twintails in the battle against the Level 3 when the exorcists were travelling to Edo. After the battle against the Level 4 in the headquearters, she let her hair grow a bit (when we currently are), but I remember her hair being purple in that part in the manga.
Jul 5, 2016 4:02 PM

Apr 2007
nnnoooooooo I completely forgot Marian died around this time :((( What a bad first episode for me.

On another note, the new voices take a lot of getting used to despite not having watched the original series for so many years. Marian, Allen, and Howard weren't bad, but Lavi, Komui, Miranda ugh. Especially Miranda. I fear for my other favorite, Tyki, now.

Not a bad start though. I dropped the manga because of the bad release schedule aaand it looks like a lot of Kanda focus this season. Not sure how I feel about that :v
Jul 5, 2016 4:09 PM
Oct 2010
Im so damn hyped for this since it was my favorite anime,but its sad that the manga has barely progressed even after all these years so it makes sense for it to be so short
Jul 5, 2016 5:27 PM

Jan 2008
Been nearly 10 years since I last saw an episode of D.Gray-man... I've no idea wtf is going on anymore.
Jul 5, 2016 5:34 PM

Feb 2014
Ginnnn said:

It updates once every 3 months.
dolly94Jul 5, 2016 5:38 PM
Jul 5, 2016 7:56 PM

Oct 2015
So I'm a new fan; finished binge-watching DGM a week ago and believe me, it's so damn hard to get used to the new VAs! Kanda's and Komui's and (unpopular opinion) Miranda's voices are the only ones close to the originals. Lenalee's sounds okay to me. Allen's, not at all. AND LAVI'S. LAVI'S! What have they dooooone. He's my fave character in the show and I thought his voice before was childish and then I heard the new one :/ I really loved Lavi's voice before. It's personally throwing me off. And, like, he's 18 years old with that kind of voice.

I think the first ep is kinda rushed... esp the beginning, when they're fighting the demons... but the rest are fine. I'm not a nitpicker and I really loved DGM more than I thought I would so I really want the sequel to succeed! And honestly, it's a much better pilot than most I've recently watched this season. Give it a few more episodes and it'll pick up its pace. Hopefully.

4/5 for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2016 8:28 PM

Sep 2012
Jfc, it's been waaaay too long. I'll need to reread and catch up with the manga. I don't remember jack shit and here we jump right into Cross dying.
That aside, I only prefer Lenalee's old voice. It was much more calming. But w/e, I'll get used to the new one.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Jul 5, 2016 9:01 PM

May 2016
What?! Cross dies?! Just like that? I thought that he was one of the stronger characters and he just dies like that? Wts, who killed him?
Jul 5, 2016 9:20 PM
Apr 2011
I realised I have forgotten almost every thing that happened in the previous season. Totally lost now. People complaining about new VA's voice but I can't even remember the old ones.....
Jul 5, 2016 9:25 PM

May 2016
@SilverWolf442

Nah, its ok. I think I'd rather watch the series and see where this goes... Thanks anyway.
Jul 6, 2016 2:04 AM

Apr 2014
OKAY OKAY D. GRAYMAN IS BACK BABY!

LOVE THE ART STYLE! THE PACING IS ALRIGHT FOR NOW! BUT...THE VA'S...(ToT)

WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO LAVI'S VOICE?! It sounds a bit high pitched for my taste. His old VA give him a sense of playfulness which fits perfectly with his character. His current VA attempts to do it, but it felt very lackluster and flimsy compared to the old voice. But at least his current VA did a fine job in portraying his serious tone. (^-^;)

Allen's voice is alright. It's about time he sounds like a man.

Kanda...okay okay, his VA did a pretty good job in portraying his character. I have no problem with it. It's just that...I MISSED TAKAHIRO SAKURAI'S SILKY COOL VOICE (ToT)

Lenalee's voice is alright. I can still hear the kindness within it so that's all good.
Jul 6, 2016 2:29 AM

Jun 2013
Lenalee VA sounds like sickeningly sweet cotton candy! D: I DO NOT LIKE. I preferred her normal-sounding VA.

I'm still on the fence with all the new VAs but I suppose it's really hard to get all the old seiyuus back.

Timcampy is cute as usual and we get to see more of Kanda's familiar. His familiar having a staring match with Timcampy lol

RIP Cross Marian. You are the most badass motherfucker on this show.
臭い-
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2016

131 by iamnameers »»
Dec 22, 2023 2:05 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2016

64 by iamnameers »»
Dec 22, 2023 1:12 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2016

82 by iamnameers »»
Dec 22, 2023 12:26 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2016

71 by iamnameers »»
Dec 22, 2023 12:06 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2016

79 by Choostopher »»
Nov 6, 2023 10:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.