Forum Settings
Forums

Official 2016 Euro Football/Soccer tournament thread!

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (38) « First ... « 36 37 [38]
Jul 10, 2016 3:05 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
@Zefyris
I'd like to agree but the problem with that is that it'd slow down the game so much if the referee had to go look at video evidence at every single situation. But yeah if it was applicable only for the most decisive calls like penalty appeals for example I'd buy it
Jul 10, 2016 3:05 PM

Mar 2012
France deserved to lose just for the Griezmann dance.
End Zionazism
Jul 10, 2016 3:07 PM

Aug 2015
This is funny Becuase when Portgual were 3rd in the group stage I thought they were knocked out and now Portgual won euro 2016
Jul 10, 2016 3:10 PM

Apr 2013
gallivant said:
It'll go down as memorable because of Ronaldo and the moths.

Ahah, that moth was immortalized. Was probably quite blind to take Ronaldo for a flower tho.
Jul 10, 2016 3:11 PM

Oct 2015
I wish I was in Lissabon right now. Must be wonderful.
*darn, using my right hand is off-limits for a while. Typing with my left hand only is ... eww.*
Jul 10, 2016 3:11 PM

Apr 2013
HaXXspetten said:
@Zefyris
I'd like to agree but the problem with that is that it'd slow down the game so much if the referee had to go look at video evidence at every single situation. But yeah if it was applicable only for the most decisive calls like penalty appeals for example I'd buy it

I don't think it would that much. Peoples wouldn't try to dive, so less fool, less contesting. Have a few referee looking at the video footages and communicate with the main referee about what happened when there's anything.
Jul 10, 2016 3:12 PM

Oct 2014
Revolt1021 said:
This is funny Becuase when Portgual were 3rd in the group stage I thought they were knocked out and now Portgual won euro 2016

blame the shit 24-team format. Hopefully in 2024 they don't do that shit. (In 2020 it's confirmed they will)
Jul 10, 2016 3:13 PM

Oct 2014
HaXXspetten said:
@Zefyris

just make it so that each Team can use Camer Assisst 2 times/Half or something
would help aloooooot.
Jul 10, 2016 3:16 PM
Jul 2018
Congrats portugal.
Jul 10, 2016 3:17 PM

Apr 2011
I don't really understand how Portugal were so lucky. If they were lucky, they'd have beaten Iceland and Austria and those two deflected goals Hungary scored wouldn't have gone in. If they were lucky, Ronaldo would've scored one of those numerous shots he squandered against Poland.
Jul 10, 2016 3:20 PM

Jun 2015
yhunata said:
I don't really understand how Portugal were so lucky. If they were lucky, they'd have beaten Iceland and Austria and those two deflected goals Hungary scored wouldn't have gone in. If they were lucky, Ronaldo would've scored one of those numerous shots he squandered against Poland.

Well, don't forget the chances Croatia and France missed.
Jul 10, 2016 3:21 PM

Apr 2011
Ozul said:
yhunata said:

Well, don't forget the chances Croatia and France missed.

I didn't watch the Croatia game, so I opted not to say anything about that match.
Jul 10, 2016 3:22 PM

Feb 2015
Shrimperor said:
Trequartista said:

How are Portugal one of the worst teams?
Aesthetically maybe. But their defensive solidity and organisation surely deserves some merit.
People really can't stand defensive tactics huh...

They won only 1 game in 90 Min.
I mean, if they atleast won more games, i wouldn't have said anything, but until the semi-final they had EX-Luck.

This 24-team format sucks.

How they didn't get an "easy" bracket because of the 24 team format it was because Spain and England both fucked up not to mention all the hype Croatia got with people saying they were one of the best teams.

You just seen salty that they played "Anti-football" they never lost a game either and beat the team in the "best" bracket without their best player and without penalties.

Though I do agree the 24 team format made the group stages pretty boring.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2016 3:26 PM

Jul 2015
Zefyris said:
Koscielny getting a yellow card for a hand he never did and the portugal asking for it to the Referee was absolutely disgusting to see. Portugal being portugal, as usual.

You do know being able to play the ref is a part of football... It's part of the technique in football
Jul 10, 2016 3:29 PM

Apr 2013
Here-Hear said:
Zefyris said:
Koscielny getting a yellow card for a hand he never did and the portugal asking for it to the Referee was absolutely disgusting to see. Portugal being portugal, as usual.

You do know being able to play the ref is a part of football... It's part of the technique in football

It's definitely part of the Portugal team technique in any case. And it has been the case for a very long time. There's playing the ref and playing the ref btw. This one was particularly disgusting.
Jul 10, 2016 3:30 PM

Oct 2014
CrossfitJesus said:
Shrimperor said:

They won only 1 game in 90 Min.
I mean, if they atleast won more games, i wouldn't have said anything, but until the semi-final they had EX-Luck.

This 24-team format sucks.

How they didn't get an "easy" bracket because of the 24 team format it was because Spain and England both fucked up not to mention all the hype Croatia got with people saying they were one of the best teams.

You just seen salty that they played "Anti-football" they never lost a game either and beat the team in the "best" bracket without their best player and without penalties.

Though I do agree the 24 team format made the group stages pretty boring.

I don't care if they are in the easy or the 'harder' Bracket, but no team should be able to be in the semi-final by just drawing their way through lol.
Jul 10, 2016 3:31 PM

Jan 2016
This match:

Jul 10, 2016 3:32 PM

Apr 2011
Zefyris said:
Here-Hear said:

It's definitely part of the Portugal team technique in any case. And it has been the case for a very long time. There's playing the ref and playing the ref btw. This one was particularly disgusting.

Portugal? Everyone plays the ref. Barcelona, Real, Atletico, Bayern, United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, England, France, Germany, Argentina, etc..
Jul 10, 2016 3:39 PM

Jan 2013
Juventus doesn't play the ref
They'd rather pay them tbh
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Jul 10, 2016 3:44 PM
Jul 2018
Shrimperor said:
One of the worst Teams in the tournament won this....

Can we all agree that Euro2016 never happened?

Sorry, man. We had the most awesome team in the 2004 EURO, and we had to stand there and get whooped by fucking Greece... the epitome of "bad" football.

Now it's our turn to be Greece.
Jul 10, 2016 3:45 PM

Apr 2013
yhunata said:
Zefyris said:

Portugal? Everyone plays the ref. Barcelona, Real, Atletico, Bayern, United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, England, France, Germany, Argentina, etc..

Except that portugal has a bad habbit to play the ref more than the ball.
Whatever, I'm not in favour of such a thing and it shouldn't be part of the play. This is cheating. And I heavily dislike cheating.
Jul 10, 2016 3:49 PM

Jan 2016
Ecchi_Hater_9000 said:
Shrimperor said:

Sorry, man. We had the most awesome team in the 2004 EURO, and we had to stand there and get whooped by fucking Greece... the epitome of "bad" football.

You have to hope that your economy wouldn't turn as bad as Greece after winning one :D
Johnnyd3rpJul 10, 2016 4:37 PM

Aug 2010
Calm down mate, it's getting dangerous - salt kills snails.

Jan 2013
Ecchi_Hater_9000 said:

Do you really wish to lose to the Faroe Islands not once, but twice?
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Jul 10, 2016 3:51 PM
Jul 2018
Johnnyd3rp said:
You have to hope that your economy wouldn't turn bad as Greece after winning one :D

It's the next part of our plan.

Trequartista said:

Faroe Islands? Pfffft, we'll 0-0 the shit out of them.
Jul 10, 2016 4:15 PM

Jun 2014
Well, just like in 2004, Ronaldo cried. That got to me tbh.
But this time at least, he also got shirtless lol.

Congratulations Portugal! You deserved to win. The first 90 minutes were rather stale but things got very interesting in the extra time. Better luck next time, France, you played a good Euro as well.
AgafinJul 10, 2016 4:23 PM
Jul 10, 2016 4:17 PM

Oct 2014
Ecchi_Hater_9000 said:
Shrimperor said:

kk. But stay greece forever then and be irrelevant to football for 5000 years to come :p
Jul 10, 2016 4:18 PM
Jul 2018
We finally won yeees X) Even without Ronaldo portugal was still able to win and with a goal from Eder of all people XD
Anyway i'm pretty happy with this result, great game ^^

P.S: Rui Patricio was a beast!
Jul 10, 2016 4:44 PM
Jul 2018
Eder should instantly be transferred to Real Madrid.
If it wasn't for him the Portuguese and the French would've gone to penalties.
Jul 10, 2016 6:03 PM

Oct 2015
Portuguese emigrants in France right now.

Jul 10, 2016 11:49 PM

Aug 2013
Trequartista said:
Ecchi_Hater_9000 said:

Trust me,you don't want that.

Simple Portugal did to France what we did them in 2004,they beat a talented squad in their home. Congrats to them.

And fuck being lucky,is this what we call every team that plays defence and wins?
Jul 11, 2016 12:05 AM

Apr 2011
weekndxo said:
Trequartista said:

Trust me,you don't want that.

Simple Portugal did to France what we did them in 2004,they beat a talented squad in their home. Congrats to them.

And fuck being lucky,is this what we call every team that plays defence and wins?

This is why I say Barcelona and Spain has destroyed football. You either keep the ball for 90 minutes (without doing shit) or you get lucky (i.e. you focus more on defending). Seeing Gaurdiola try to implement tiki-taka in PL and failing miserably will be hilarious (and so will the salt).
Jul 11, 2016 12:08 AM

Apr 2013
Portugal should've been out in the group phase already since they didn't win a single game and got third place. And now they win the whole thing lol

Oh well whatever, time to not care about football again ^^
Jul 11, 2016 12:12 AM

Jan 2013
Spain in the world cup literally rode their way with drab, almost unwatchable 1-0 wins but it's okay since they played a 1000 back and side passes.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Jul 11, 2016 12:22 AM

Jan 2013
I love the fact that Portugal, despite being unbeatable, doesn't deserve to be champions but the likes of France and Germany does.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Jul 11, 2016 2:08 AM

Aug 2013
Trequartista said:
Spain in the world cup literally rode their way with drab, almost unwatchable 1-0 wins but it's okay since they played a 1000 back and side passes.
The most boring team in the whole world cup,but hey they had 60%-70% poss. so they deserved it,fluid and beautiful style of play.
Jul 11, 2016 2:20 AM

Jan 2011
Congrats to Portugal.
This Euro 2016 was indeed full of surprises...

Anyway...

Jul 11, 2016 2:29 AM

Jan 2015
Pointless tournament I'd followed so far, lol

la critique de l'intention pure
Jul 11, 2016 7:29 AM

Apr 2015
Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal PortugalPortugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal

We fucking Won!!!!
I'm feelin' normal, I'm feelin' myself ♪♪
Jul 11, 2016 7:44 AM

Dec 2013
JUVENTUS JUVENTUS JUVENTUS

Honestly I have no idea I'm here
Jul 11, 2016 7:51 AM

Dec 2014
All the double standards on this topic ... lol.

Gobblin said:
Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal PortugalPortugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal Portugal

We fucking Won!!!!
ayo sit lol

---

Congrats to POR and the fans! Just enjoy it while it lasts. The NT I support was long eliminated so I didn't follow the tournament and what I did was right. Fucking disappointment, it looks like a joke, this tournament... Disgrace Euro. I think it's no longer a debate now, league achievements will always be better against international achievements.

Anyway just wanna leave it here and ... POR got extremely lucky at this tournament. Don't feel bad tho, luck is also part of the game.

"Wielding one's blade out of duty alone is what it means to be a captain. Wielding one's blade out of hatred is nothing more than petty violence. That is not what we would consider battle."
Jul 11, 2016 4:51 PM

Sep 2010
so appareantly the french are already signing a petition to a have rematch. can' they just admit they lost fair and square?

"Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Jul 11, 2016 5:19 PM

Mar 2013
>Kimmich is in the Team of the Tournament
>Bale isn't

wew lad
Jul 11, 2016 9:41 PM

Jan 2009
Xykko said:
so appareantly the french are already signing a petition to a have rematch. can' they just admit they lost fair and square?
The French winning or losing a Game doesn't affect their Economy as much as the Brits leaving or staying in the EU.

1017 said:
>Bale isn't

wew lad
Maybe too little Competition on his Position? But there still seem to be two Walisians: http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/news/newsid=2389933.html
Jul 12, 2016 12:20 AM

May 2016
Noboru said:
Xykko said:
The French winning or losing a Game doesn't affect their Economy as much as the Brits leaving or staying in the EU.

1017 said:
>Bale isn't

wew lad
Maybe too little Competition on his Position? But there still seem to be two Walisians: http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/news/newsid=2389933.html

I find it weird that Bale isn't included in there
Jul 12, 2016 2:01 AM

Apr 2013
Xykko said:

Who the hell would sign that? If it's true then that's prolly just a few idiots, like you could find any time a final happen and a team is defeated, I suppose.
Jul 12, 2016 3:06 AM

May 2016
Zefyris said:
Xykko said:

Who the hell would sign that? If it's true then that's prolly just a few idiots, like you could find any time a final happen and a team is defeated, I suppose.

I guess they can't believe they lost from Portugal, such a foolish act lmao
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (38) « First ... « 36 37 [38]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.