Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jun 10, 2016 12:22 AM

Feb 2016
peeyaj said:
Armin should just use bungee gum. It worked in Hisoka.

Sad thing is he doesn't have it. I doubt if they even have any gum. XD
That feeling when you feel you know the feeling of not feeling any feel at all. Get the feeling?
Jun 10, 2016 12:29 AM

Feb 2016
I doubt that the serum will be used on Armin. I like Armin but it doesn't feel right if he'll turn into a titan. He's never a combatant. It will destroy his appeal if he becomes one of those shifters. He's better off as human but I doubt if he'll survive from that fall and that burn he received. It's more impactful to all the characters who are still alive, especially to Eren and Mikasa and even to Jean, that he'd die from that event. It was done perfectly and reviving him would ruin the heavy weight of that dramatic effect of such heroic action.
That feeling when you feel you know the feeling of not feeling any feel at all. Get the feeling?
Jun 10, 2016 12:45 AM
Dec 2015
peeyaj said:
Armin should just use bungee gum. It worked in Hisoka.

Yeah that is not how it works xD
Jun 10, 2016 12:45 AM

Aug 2013
ArminxArlert said:
Pretty sure Armin isn't dead but idk. This is not Isayama's style tbh.

Well, same as me, it hard believe that armin's gone! It already comfirm that isayama killed 1 of the main characters, but some of the forum chatters, they forget about erwin who is really in bad shaped.
"There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever
enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker,
or smarter. Everything is within.
Everything is exists.
Seek nothing outside of yourself
" - Musashi
miyamoto
Jun 10, 2016 12:53 AM
Jul 2018
Am I the only one who didn't gave a single shit about Armin? Like, in fact I hated his character tbh.

Glad he died, one less fucking whiner.
Jun 10, 2016 12:57 AM
Dec 2015
Sapewloth said:
Reee_no said:

Even if he uses it on somebody else, it will be Erwin. He doesn't even know what is going on there, and Armin is dead. Even if he wasn't, and even if Levi magically defeated Zeke in seconds and flew there, he won't have time to inject Armin.
Let's not forget that Armin is a human, and he's actually physically weak. Not only that, but with his small body he endured getting burned alive, and when he finally let go, not being able to endure it anymore, he fell down out of a none-crushing height. He is dead...This is sure...
Don't get me wrong: I'm absolutely not in the camp that thinks Armin is still alive. However big the amount of plot amor the main cast might have had up until now was, I don't think Isayama would be stupid enough to ruin all the emotional impact of Armin's sacrifice by having him come back as a shifter. Plus no matter which way you look at it, a charred human being who fell from 60 meters and landed on a roof simply cannot be alive.

However, I don't think Erwin will be getting the serum either, despite being probably alive bleeding out somewhere, and for lots of different reasons. Levi having his hands full with the titans Zeke sent on his ass, for one; by the time he's done with them, it's pretty safe to say that he'll be out of blades, gas and energy, and the only available shifter in proximity will have had all the time in the world to successfully escape. Another reason being that Erwin's wound is most likely fatal and that each passing second brings him a little closer to death. Assuming that the no-name soldier finds him (which I'm 100% sure he will), there won't be any means for him to transport the Commander safely back inside Shiganshina (lest they climb the wall), since the first entrance to the district seems to have been sealed by Eren during this chapter:

And if we wanna get into a slightly more "meta" level of reasoning, then my gut feeling is that Isayama meant for Erwin not to survive this arc: just like with Armin this month, I feel like the irony of Erwin giving up on the only thing he put above humanity laying down his life for mankind when the answers to all of his lifelong questions are right in the palm of his hand was too beautiful and his sacrifice too climactic for the author to piss all over it and let him live, though it wouldn't upset me nearly as much as Armin's possible survival would. On top of that, Hanji being confirmed alive indicates that even if Erwin was to bite it in the next chapter, his designated successor is there to take command in his place.

I don't know I just feel like if the serum is to be used at all in this arc, Erwin won't be one of the possible candidates which would really only leave Sasha, since her injuries are bad enough that she would need more than just first aid treatment in order to escape death

I totally agree, however I said this because it is at least more likely. Oh my god i really cannot believe Armin is dead...and this kind of reminds me of Erwin's sacrafice as well, using himself as a decoy, while letting levi proceed with the plan.
As for Sasha...I think she is already a titan. Heck she even acts like one...
Maybe she is a 1 meter class titan? If it even exists?
Maybe he will give her the serum ane make her a stronger titan?
Jun 10, 2016 12:59 AM
Dec 2015
Badass-Armin said:
Reee_no said:

Are there actually people that think Armin is weak just because he's physically weak??
Are there still people at this age that believe physical strength surpasses mental strength??
Not only emotionally, but also mentally strong. I admired and loved him so much. He was one of my favorite characters with Hanji san, Jean and Sasha.
My...He really is gone...I still can't actually imagine it...He is dead...His corpse...All burnt up, and on top of that fell from a bone-crushing height...Add all of this up to the fact that he's physically weak...
Gosh...He's the strongest..The bravest...Wow...
Unfortunately yes, there are still dumb assess who think this my friend. Which is sad because a man with mental strength can much go further in life than someone with only physical. I can't believe he's gone either, I truly can't process it. When I read this chapter it was the first time I shed a tear in a long time. He was burnt beyond recognition and he fell from 50 meters in the sky. It would be unbelievable for him to survive that. However, if Isayama did some type of asspull and he managed to survive, than I would be ecstatic! Though I'm being biased because if it was almost anyone else I'd be like what the hell! He should have totally died! So I guess that's a bit unfair of me lol

AI agree! I want him to stay alive, but I think it ia much more powerful if he died...this is Serius Black all over again....
This actually shows us that humans are indeed very vulnerable against titans
Jun 10, 2016 1:04 AM
Dec 2015
codrea said:
if erwin and armin both dies humanity is realy f*cked up..

only hange left and he is not that smart...

Hanji is very smart, she just needs a strategist. Look at her leading a whole squad and getting out informations from tbe MP.
She is very strong and I think she will do great if she had a strategist...I was lookkng forward to her and Armin taking after Erwin...
Jun 10, 2016 1:05 AM

May 2016
ARMIIIINN *cries*
Jun 10, 2016 2:55 AM

Mar 2016
No Armin :'((... Armin Plss Still alive ... #teamArmin
Jun 10, 2016 4:41 AM

Jun 2016
I feel awful. Omg. Now, I want to make sure Levi is alive and I want to know if he used the titan serum to himself or to Erwin. THIS FREAKING ANIME/MANGA HAS RUINED ME! I FREAKING HATE IT AND LOVE IT AT THE SAME TIME. SO RUDE! ;-;

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jun 10, 2016 6:37 AM

Jul 2015
damn you isayama but i wasn't shocked at armin death because its snk where anyone can die even isayama killed eren in starting chapters but he had to bring him back for some reasons jk

seriously i guess one main character had to die to bring down the colossal titan cuz he was the biggest threat i just hope eren and mikasa survive till the end PLEASE!
Jun 10, 2016 7:16 AM

Sep 2009
I know Armin's death flag was raised since chapter 73 so it was only a matter of time... but it didn't make this chapter any less painful to read. (๑•́₋•̩̥̀๑)
Jun 10, 2016 8:28 AM

Apr 2016
oh~uh: @yuu_taka ur fave character is already dead. What r u gonna do abt it?
R.I.P armin arlert may ur soul go to heaven.
u'll never understood how the feel to be me. When the boundaries limit me to express or share my feeling. When u want to explain the truth but
you are not allowed to. When u need someone to
talk but u can't say anything
Jun 10, 2016 10:19 AM
Nov 2015
Nooooo Please don't die my Armin :(
Jun 10, 2016 10:58 AM
Apr 2011
Crispy fried Armin. Levi better save that serum just in case Mikasa gets seriously injured because Eren and Mikasa need to make some titan babies.
Jun 10, 2016 11:20 AM
Mar 2015
hows reinier aand berthold
there the only ones i care about
Jun 10, 2016 11:35 AM
May 2015
This was pretty shocking, I can't believe he was just killed of like that.

Ends with another cliffhanger.
Jun 10, 2016 1:14 PM
Jul 2013
Why does this chapter have five 1 star votes? Incredible adrenaline rushing stuff. RIP Armin. For the plot's sake, I hope he isn't revived by the serum.
Jun 10, 2016 2:58 PM

Feb 2013
CARALHO EU NÃO TO SABENDO LIDAR COM A MORTE DO ARMIN TOMAR NO CU
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2016 3:41 PM

Feb 2011
Lukitekato said:

What cliffhanger? The guy is DEAD, he's been coocked like a christmas turkey. He sacrificed himself to save his friend and all of humanity.
Forever Berserk
Jun 10, 2016 3:48 PM

Jun 2009
sugarhoney322 said:
At least HANGE'S ALIVE <3 <3

For the time being, yes... ;-)
Though, I was happy to see her again. At least someone is not dead yet, when most of my fav characters started disappear so quickly...

I do not think Armin survived. While reading I wanted to hope he could be saved with the serum - no chance anyways. Killing him was pure trolling from Isayama as I think a very high percentage of the fandom (including me :D) expected him to survive, maybe even becoming the next commander. Well, at least it is a bit like reality: you can never know who is next or what happens...

Seeing Eren not becoming emotional and following Armin's plan while watching his best friend burnt to death makes me think he matured a lot(?)

Somehow I do not feel I want to reread the last 2 chapters, even if I liked this one much better than CH81.
And since my fav was killed anyways the monthly release time does not feel to be long anymore.

R.I.P. Armin. Another great guy of this story!
Don't belive in yourself! Belive in me who belives in you! (TTGL) XD ...LOVE and PEACE!! ^_^
Jun 10, 2016 4:26 PM

Jun 2009
Badass-Armin said:

What I want to talk about is his bravery. There are a lot attack on titan fans who admire Eren, Mikasa, and Levi, while viewing Armin as a weak coward. Well... I'll be blunt, to those of you with this view of him. FUCK OFF! this guy is physically the weakest soldier, yet he joined the SC, the military branch with the highest death rate. Think about it, soldiers like Mikasa have at least a 70 percent chance of returning alive every time she leaves the wall due to her strength and skill(Those ackerman genes). Guys like Armin on the other hand have 10 to 20 percent chance of returning alive when they leave the walls for an expedition.

Just the mere fact that Armin decided to join such a suicidal branch despite being somewhat frail takes huge balls. Hell, he could of went to the garrison and worked his way to the military police, but that's not what he wanted. He had a dream to see the ocean and he pursued it to the bitter end. That's why Eren told him he was the bravest, and in this chapter Armin proved that he was truly badass. The plan he came up with was gutsy and brilliant. I was proud and sad at the same time. Watching his character develop from a low self esteem child to a proud capable man was a pleasure.

"People who can't sacrifice anything, can't hope to change anything" - Armin Arlert

The quote you entered here from Armin, I liked that a lot, too.
I think Armin might considered himself a bit of a coward sometimes and he did not think that most of his actions were actually pretty brave. Like as you mentioned joining the SC and also "attacking" the Female Titan (twice!) etc.
He rather saw the bigger picture over thinking on stuff like 'am I brave or not'? :)
Too bad that (recently) in this manga, those who really chase dreams, all die (heroic deaths) before reaching them. (eg.: no basement, no ocean...pretty sad.)
But at least it seems that his sacrifice holds a lot of meaning, which is not a given to everyone in SnK, so some of his wishes probably came true.

Anyways, Armin and Erwin are a huge loss to mankind's side.
Don't belive in yourself! Belive in me who belives in you! (TTGL) XD ...LOVE and PEACE!! ^_^
Jun 10, 2016 8:14 PM

Feb 2016
hisohiso said:
i'm pretty sure though something else entirely will happen. maybe involving the basement (finally!) or something else. i don't think armin's fate is decided already :o

Lets all hope they are finally able to reach the basement and find that it is stocked with Titan Serum.. :P
Jun 10, 2016 8:18 PM

Feb 2016
trump54 said:
hows reinier aand berthold
there the only ones i care about

Their will probably be executed in the next chapter
Jun 10, 2016 8:20 PM

Feb 2016
Narutotaku said:
Why does this chapter have five 1 star votes? Incredible adrenaline rushing stuff. RIP Armin. For the plot's sake, I hope he isn't revived by the serum.

look carefully...more than 80% voted this chapter a five star
Jun 10, 2016 8:22 PM

Feb 2016
Sigh...If only Caped Baldy was there :(
Jun 10, 2016 8:27 PM

Dec 2008
Euhin said:
hisohiso said:
i'm pretty sure though something else entirely will happen. maybe involving the basement (finally!) or something else. i don't think armin's fate is decided already :o

Lets all hope they are finally able to reach the basement and find that it is stocked with Titan Serum.. :P

They'll find enough serums for all the dead... it's gonna be a serum feast :D
Jun 10, 2016 8:34 PM

Feb 2016
hisohiso said:

I wish...but I dont think the serums will work on the dead ones...I guess it will only work on the wounded ones (99.99999% mortally wounded in Armin's case :P)
Jun 10, 2016 8:40 PM

Dec 2008
Euhin said:
hisohiso said:

I wish...but I dont think the serums will work on the dead ones...I guess it will only work on the wounded ones (99.99999% mortally wounded in Armin's case :P)

Ah yes, that's what I meant. :(
Poor Armin.
Jun 10, 2016 11:36 PM

Oct 2015
deadlight_brit said:
Im so sad that one of the trio kicked the bucket :( hoping that Levi will inject Armin with the titan serum, but it seems pretty final :(

levi is still trying to kill the beast titan outside the wall so it is very unlikely however maybe there is serum in Erens basement if they finally decide to go there next episode.
Jun 10, 2016 11:44 PM

Oct 2015
I wasnt expecting the death in this arc as I was starting to think attack on titan was becoming one of those anime/manga that is so popular that the writer is too scared to kill off characters (which I hate because in a very dangerous situation the chances of dying should be the same for mcs) now my fate in the series has been restored.

Going to miss Armin however he died like a badass with a purpose and not as titan fodder.
Jun 10, 2016 11:53 PM
May 2015
TBSM said:
Lukitekato said:

What cliffhanger? The guy is DEAD, he's been coocked like a christmas turkey. He sacrificed himself to save his friend and all of humanity.
What are you talking about? I never said he could be alive next chapter LOL. Stop making up conclusions.

Time to avoid MAL forum again
Jun 11, 2016 1:07 AM

Apr 2016
Ryuchi_san said:

I didn't finished reading the latest chapter stop making some jk D:
=.= WHY ARMIN??!
Jun 11, 2016 1:47 AM

Feb 2008
No way. :'(
At this point I think Armin has low to no chance of being alive.
But f*ck. Kill that colossal titan already! It's because of them (him and the armored) that many good men died. :'(
Oh armin. </3 :'(
... =_=

Jun 11, 2016 2:26 AM
Jun 2016
this makes me think that Levi might give armin the serum , and if they have to eat a shifter they will choose reiner since his titan form is more useful in combat. or they might find another serum in the basement.

http://mangafox.me/manga/shingeki_no_kyojin/v18/c072/37.html
brave_coconutJun 11, 2016 2:29 AM
Jun 11, 2016 2:30 AM

Mar 2014
If Armin is dead, and if Erwin is dead too, then they would only have one brain left.
Jun 11, 2016 3:28 AM
Jun 2016
Daaamnn most intense chapter yet their counterattack has begun reiner and bertholdt are down all thats left is that commander...
Sacrifices were made very sad moments especially armin its been a loong road he was the cleverest and most intelligent in the series he saved everyone's asses a lot but everyone seems to only care about sasha,armin and erwin what about Jean does everyone hate him that much
Jun 11, 2016 3:31 AM
Jun 2016
Levi decided to use the serum at erwin to finish off that commander but i think it would be a stupid idea to use the serum om all tge people that are going to die Isayama isn't that kind of writer he always surprises us
Jun 11, 2016 4:00 AM

Apr 2016
Yuu_Taka said:
Ryuchi_san said:

=.= WHY ARMIN??!

ooooi I didn't make any joke for this. Everyone in this forum is mourn for his death, but except the haters who wishing him dead.
Skip the chapter and u'll see what happened to armin while he became a decoy.
u'll never understood how the feel to be me. When the boundaries limit me to express or share my feeling. When u want to explain the truth but
you are not allowed to. When u need someone to
talk but u can't say anything
Jun 11, 2016 8:43 AM
Feb 2015
most People say for armin nooooo (T___T)

but i say yeeeeh take this you deserve Worse than this (^-----^)

actually I wished if he died worst than this way
Jun 11, 2016 9:30 AM

Jan 2016
I get to see Hanji again but the price is Armin and maybe Sasha. Perfect
Jun 11, 2016 11:47 AM
Feb 2016
I just realized that Reiner was defeated because he lost his memories of everything that happened after his farewell with Bertolt, so he forgot about the thunder spears and wasn't ready for them.

Man, I should have noticed that sooner, I guess Armin's death really affected me.
Jun 12, 2016 1:33 AM

Jan 2014
Some more suffering for the Eremin fans out there:
SapewlothJun 12, 2016 7:26 AM
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Jun 12, 2016 2:29 AM

Feb 2016
For those who are fans of Armin, here is a good image that suits best if you deny his death or wishing him back xD (just for fun, guys. No hard feelings)

Jun 12, 2016 6:52 AM

Feb 2010
... Is Armin really dead?! Did I just see that happen?!

Nice to see Eren use the maneuvering gear to get Bert outta the colossal titan. Now make sure he's unconscious or dead.

Edit: Aaaand Armin dying is starting to hit me a bit after I read the chapter.
cloud8100Jun 12, 2016 7:26 AM
Jun 12, 2016 10:13 AM

Jul 2013

Dat forshadowing doe
Jun 13, 2016 2:04 AM
Jun 2016
I'm so happy that hange is alive.

That armin sacrifice tho T_T
Jun 13, 2016 10:44 AM

Apr 2016
Ryuchi_san said:
Yuu_Taka said:

=.= WHY ARMIN??!

ooooi I didn't make any joke for this. Everyone in this forum is mourn for his death, but except the haters who wishing him dead.
Skip the chapter and u'll see what happened to armin while he became a decoy.

hater always haters without armin there no one could survive. :p
i've seen it. Too bad he has to died 1st, there is nothing i could say for this.
Jun 13, 2016 11:31 AM
Mar 2016
Wha...why?! ARMIN!!!! No!!! *goes and cries in the corner rocking back and forth. Why? The chapter was awesome though and I don't think Riner will get out of this one alive and the Colossal...hopefully he'll get what's coming.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 138 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Mar 5, 2021

1128 by Berry-Vodka »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1875 by Berry-Vodka »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Apr 24, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.