Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bungo Stray Dogs
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 1, 2016 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol Kyouka like tofu. Adorable. I think the anime did an even better job at the comedy parts when she was eating there with nothing too lengthy and to the point.

I thought the date is cute, they expanded more details on it more than just a few panels. Akutagawa's appearance is disturbing imo, not only did he attack Atsushi but also I feel bad for Kyouka since she doesn't want to kill anymore. Her fear of failing and wanting to belong somewhere also makes Kyouka seem like a more fragile girl despite killing 35 people.

Not sure why but Daizai being tortured was just funny.

Jun 1, 2016 9:32 AM

Nov 2007
Eating expensive yutofu, and asking information about the group. Hosoya-san's character says it's too late to save her for she gets killed either way. Very unique date of visiting the buildings she saw on the map, as well as other things. She's aware of her circumstances, but the group came and caught main guy as well as her. Trapped Mamo's character meeting the weak body but scary powered guy from the enemy. So he was new when Mamo's character was still there.

Hosoya-san's character vs. HiroC's character about saving main guy or not, but it was the boss who said to save him. Kind of hard to find them, until it's HiroC's detective skill. Mamo's character's ex-partner also appeared, and undid the chain.

Mamo's character vs. that enemy, and the girl going against him (acting on her own will finally) to save the main guy next?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 1, 2016 11:06 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This was a really good episode

Loved dwelling more into Dazai's past as well as to see his relationship with Akutagawa explored even further....Dazai really is a badass mystery man and I can't even imagine how he acted when he was in the Port Mafia

His former partner Chuuya is quite the character too and I wonder what his ability is, but even so I can image how great their chemistry was based off of that one encounter in this episode lol and I hope that we get to see them fight next week

The stuff at the agency was hilarious especially when my boy Ranpo decided to help when the president promised to praise him after all this is over xD

Lastly, the scenes with Kyouka and Atsushi were fun and extremely cute all at the same time with great hints of comedy sprinkled on top....She is such a sweet girl and I can't help but feel sorry for her and likewise with Atsushi, I feel like she deserves to have happiness and be free. What she went through all her life is really sad :(

Overall, this was another great episode and I can't wait to see what happens from here now that they caught Atsushi
TokoyaJun 1, 2016 11:13 AM
Jun 1, 2016 11:07 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was just sad with Kyouka. She wants to turn herself in because she feels guilty.

Her and Atsushi being torn apart, that was also cruel.

Holy shit, next episode looks hype as fuck.
Jun 1, 2016 11:11 AM

Jan 2015
I guess however "bad" the villain is... As long Atsushi not in his tiger form, he'll always do good stuff huh? LOL
Aaww, that embarrassed face of Kyouka. It's a keeper
And what the... I'm totally speechless there when Akutagawa stabbed Atsushi in that spot, in the daylight, at the crowd too.
Too bad the real action's not in this episode, but next. I'm so eager to see what happen next.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 1, 2016 11:12 AM

Sep 2015
Omg this preview for the next episode ... it's going to be epic I guess
ranpo, why did you not help at the beginning D:
Jun 1, 2016 11:25 AM
Jul 2018
Kyouka likes tofu!

The date was cute! The next episode preview look epic!
Jun 1, 2016 11:28 AM

Mar 2016
Really really good episode ! And next episode looks even better ! Hyped .
Damn akutagawa is cruel !
Chuuya makes his appearance . Looks like dazai has been planning this confrontation from the start . and the moments atsushi and kyouka had were adorable while they lasted . Also , ranpo was so funny . All he wanted was praise from the prez to help, and i should say he appears the most badass when using the ability .
Shishou_23Jun 1, 2016 11:37 AM
Jun 1, 2016 11:33 AM

Jul 2014
Starting to get really interesting now. My liking of Kyouka has definitely been solidified by this episode, at the very least. It'll be interesting to see how all the action goes down next week.
Jun 1, 2016 11:36 AM

Sep 2015
Next episode MC saves girl and gets poon?! I think so.
Jun 1, 2016 11:41 AM

Nov 2015
So a setup ep, with a date and stalling perhaps? Nice setup btw time flied in this ep.

Dazai being Dazai even kept captive. He's always the man with a plan. Loved the suicide song btw.

The date was good. Kyouka bring a food buff wasn't surprising but the moments were funny though. Really abrupt end to it though. Akutakawa is always disturbing whether it's with ability or without it.

I guess the point was why didn't Rampo helped the members at first? Only to get something in return
Well that's stalling to me.
Jun 1, 2016 12:16 PM

Dec 2015
I enjoyed this episode. Kyouka is an interesting character, and I half expected her to list the people she had killed in each building.

Jun 1, 2016 12:19 PM

Sep 2009
Atsushi's such a sweetie. I enjoyed the fluffy moments where Kyouka and Atsushi went around exploring, eating, and having fun. Things that kids their age should be doing, but they never had the chance to because of their backgrounds.

Dazai's scenes with Akutagawa and Chuuya exceeded my expectations. I was really looking forward to those and Bones didn't disappoint. CHUUYAAAAAAAA.

Lol Ranpo's reaction when Fukuzawa said he'd praise him :'D
Jun 1, 2016 12:21 PM

Aug 2010
Rampo's just HAX. Just how the hell...

Anyway Akutagawa's an awesome villain.

Kyouka's way too adorable <3

And Dazai and Chuuya's part was nice.

PV LOOKS EPIC ASF
Jun 1, 2016 12:21 PM

Jul 2015
Aww. Just when Atsushi and that girl were having a good time... Pretty tense situation. Really excited for next ep
Jun 1, 2016 12:23 PM

Dec 2014
I thought something was u when Dazai was caught ...that dying freakk...
Chemistry of the were tiger was kawai
Jun 1, 2016 12:34 PM

Feb 2016
This anime is on a roll! After a somewhat lackluster first half, it has gotten so amazing now! Hyped or the next episode.

Kyouka is so adorable.
Jun 1, 2016 12:35 PM

Feb 2015
Finally Stray Dogs has got its act together in the last couple of episodes. I actually enjoyed this episode and looking forward to next week.
Jun 1, 2016 12:43 PM

Mar 2008
I have to admit that i wasnt expecting to enjoy this anime when season started but so far it is one of my top and i am enjoying it quite a bit.
Jun 1, 2016 1:04 PM

Oct 2014
There are some really amazing anime this season and this is absolutely one of them I'm really glad because it has been a while since we've had a season that gave us more than 1 or 2 decent anime.

The preview for the next ep looks incredible. I still have this at an 8/10 but seriously the way this show just keeps getting better I can easily see it going up.
Jun 1, 2016 1:23 PM

Sep 2015
OH MY there he is.

Seriously can't wait to see more of him, he's so amazing!

Kyouka is so adorable it's unreal, and so is Atsushil!
Loved the scene when Akutagawa punched Dazai, sorry not sorry haha
Jun 1, 2016 1:47 PM
Nov 2015
For an assassin who killed 35 people. Kyouka is an adorable cookie.
Jun 1, 2016 1:51 PM

Feb 2015
Kyouka's so cute with her rabbit plushie, and the fact that she was willing to hand herself over, I really love her character.
Next week's episode looks like an explosion of action.
Jun 1, 2016 2:17 PM

Jun 2014
What a nice little date........before Akutagawa proceeded to blindside the living fuck out of Atsushi. I swear this agency would be so fucked without Ranpo and his OP deductive skills; next episode looks like it will be a bunch of action so that should be good. Lol at Dazai, even when he's chained up he still doesn't give a shit. I doubt there's many people out there who would taunt their captors while defenselessly chained to a wall.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 1, 2016 2:31 PM
Jul 2014
I really hated this anime till around episode 5, but since then it went through a crazy good transformation into a very enjoyable show.

It's bizarre. In 2016 it's usually been the reverse: strong start and then it fizzles into mediocrity straight away....not Stray Dogs, it's really hitting its stride.
Jun 1, 2016 2:34 PM

Aug 2015
I loved this episode, these last episodes (8 and 9, and very sure 10) are better. Some of fight, comedy, mystery and a little romance.
I loved the date between Atsushi and Kyouka. Kyouka is a cute girl :3. And also liked the part when Dazai was punched by Akutagawa lol.
I liked Rampo's attitude and Kyouka is really cute !!!
We're waiting for the next episode!
Atsushi vs Akutagawa
Dazai vs Chuuya
RiotJun 1, 2016 2:40 PM
Jun 1, 2016 2:35 PM

Mar 2016
ClavisM said:
I enjoyed this episode. Kyouka is an interesting character, and I half expected her to list the people she had killed in each building.

Lmao senpai noticed him . Nice one .
On a side note, this has got to be my favorite BSD meme .
Jun 1, 2016 2:43 PM
Dec 2014
This show is weird tries to Be depressing and funny in The same time.
Jun 1, 2016 2:46 PM

Dec 2015
DragonSlayer_19 said:
ClavisM said:

Lmao senpai noticed him . Nice one .
On a side note, this has got to be my favorite BSD meme .

I'll have to save that for later

Jun 1, 2016 2:50 PM

Mar 2016
CHUUYA MY HUSBAND (DIDN'T EXPECT HIS VOICE TO BE LIKE THIS BUT ITS SEXY AF)
I AM SO EXCITED FOR THE NEXT EPISODE OHMYGOD
Jun 1, 2016 2:59 PM

May 2015
Not bad. I liked the episode. Decent build-up for the next episode as well, which seems like it will be really good, judging from the preview. Like some of the others said, this show is getting pretty good now in this second half, as the first half was meh.

Jun 1, 2016 3:19 PM

Apr 2014
This episode was awesome! Also that face Ranpo made, fucking hilarious.

Jun 1, 2016 4:07 PM

Jan 2015
Well, in the author's defense, the most obvious excuse to explain why Ranpo wouldn't just help them find Atsushi outright is to make him completely apathetic and uninterested. He did say that he doesn't need an assistant, after all. (But I guess, in the end, praise sways.)

Kyouka's character design is probably my favorite in the entire show thus far, which is a difficult feat to achieve. Too bad she's dead(?).
Jun 1, 2016 4:19 PM

Dec 2015
Death flags are raised for Kyouka in this episode and the preview. Even though I am pretty sure she is going to end up dying at the hands of Akutagawa, I still believe there is still a sliver of hope that she can live and maybe end up joining the Detective Agency. She and Akiko are both my favorite characters in this show so far.
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Jun 1, 2016 5:08 PM

Sep 2015
So... was Kunikida just about to let Atsushi be kidnapped without caring about saving him? DICK. Move.

Also, yeah no, Kyouka deserves prison but because she is 'kawaii' she will be forgiven, no doubt.
Jun 1, 2016 5:22 PM

Dec 2013
Given last episode's preview, I had a fear that Kyouka would end up dead already. Glad to see that wasn't the case even after all the fun date events. She is ridiculously cute.
Poor Atsushi running his mouth off like that thinking "Tofu can't be all THAT expensive, right?". His wallet is gonna feel that for a looooong time XD

I get the feeling that Dazai had already expected a move from the Port Mafia and was captured in order to stop things from getting serious. Ranpo's reluctance to save Atsushi probably also stems from that, and not getting in the way of Dazai's plans. The guy is too smart to just be so casual when his assistant is missing.

Looking forward to the remainder of this arc. Hoping Kyouka survives and then some.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 1, 2016 5:46 PM

Dec 2012
Kyouka wants her tofu or she won't talk. Poor Atsushi for spending so much money.
Well the date was nice to see.
Akutagawa stabbing Atsushi out of no where. Now the Port Mafia have got the Weretiger.
Ranpo opening his eyes. Time to get serious.

Next week looks good. Atsushi vs Akutagawa rematch.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jun 1, 2016 7:10 PM

Jan 2013
Kyouka is actually pretty cute xD Poor Atsushi, he had to pay for everything.
Nothing can kill Dazai's sense of humour, he simply doesn't care xD
I couldn't get why Ranpo & Kunikida agreed to not rescue Atsushi...
How to convince Ranpo to help in a case,"I'll give you praise, Ranpo" Ok i will help xD
Their president is a total badass, wonder how strong he is since he is the founder of the agency.

Next episode will be epic! Can't wait to see that fight.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 1, 2016 7:41 PM

Aug 2012
That was nice~ Atsushi and Kyouka were so cute together! Too bad their "date" didn´t last much... I´m so pumped for the next episode!
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
Jun 1, 2016 9:05 PM

Sep 2013
I really like this anime since the start. Only let down so far for me was the episode where the kid died and no follow up later. Oh, and the protagonist "crying" over the past is boring as well, but nothing that would ruin the anime (good to see that this episode no flashback about this!).
Jun 1, 2016 9:53 PM

Dec 2014
Nice episode, Kyouka is really cute. The date with Atsushi was really sweet.

Dazai being boss showing he could've escaped anytime xD

Hope we get more insight into how Ranpo deduced Atsushi's location.
Jun 1, 2016 11:37 PM

Dec 2009
Kyouka is like the best character introduced so far...so really hoping she lives through this all. She's ridiculously cute, has an awesome power, and a tragic backstory. Hope she manages to overcome her past and help fight against the Port Mafia without dying.
Jun 1, 2016 11:37 PM

Jan 2014
Kunikida and everyone else who didn't want to save Atsushi are DICKS. I basically only like the siblings, Atsushi, Kyouka and now the leader for telling everyone to get up off their asses.

Also, Kyouka never wanted to kill anyone and was forced to. She's a victim and doesn't deserve execution???
Jun 1, 2016 11:54 PM
May 2016
This is episode is too good, poor Kyouka, she was so shock on what happened to atsushi being stabbed by Akutagawa's rashomon. Dazai, as expected of being calm even though he's caught and chained, lol he can escape on his own. Can't wait for the next episode. Rashomon vs. Tiger. Both are in badass mode.
Neo_oeNJun 2, 2016 12:06 AM
Jun 1, 2016 11:55 PM
May 2016
Partyu said:
Well, in the author's defense, the most obvious excuse to explain why Ranpo wouldn't just help them find Atsushi outright is to make him completely apathetic and uninterested. He did say that he doesn't need an assistant, after all. (But I guess, in the end, praise sways.)

Kyouka's character design is probably my favorite in the entire show thus far, which is a difficult feat to achieve. Too bad she's dead(?).
Lol that face of Ranpo, when he said he'll be praised. xD
Jun 2, 2016 3:17 AM
Dec 2010
Characters like Ranpo completely ruin good shows and put a damper on things. Every single time something happens my immediate thought becomes, "Why doesn't Ranpo just instantly figure it out? Why waste time trying to do things the hard way?"

He's just a flawed plot point/character that shouldn't exist and drags down the rest of the show.

The same can be said of a lot of characters in other shows that are completely overpowered. Unless they give him some clearly defined weakness or limitations I'm going to be disappointed with this entire series. Which is quite sad, since I enjoy the other characters and most things about the show.
Jun 2, 2016 4:23 AM
Jun 2015
That was a great build up episode. And as the forum's saying, this show is getting and better by the episodes. The first 4 episodes were pretty good imo but they lacked the potential behind the series. Episode 5 is where it really picked up, and with 3 fantastic episodes in a row, I can say this could possibly end up in my favourites list if it keeps this up.
As others have said, Kyouka is adorable and very likable. I kinda felt sad when she tried to go to the police station to be executed. I think I might cosplay her sometime.
Atsushi got himself a new waifu I see. The kidnapped Dazai scenes were the best. And.. Dazai can actually sing lmao.
Rampo being hilarious with his praise temptation and reaction.
Atsushi's kinda in the neutral zone for me, but I did like his screentime with Kyouka in this episode. Too bad a certain someone had to ruin their cute little time.. Well, on the bright side. Kyouka didn't turn herself in.
But, of course, favourite scene was Chuuya's first appearence <3
But yeah, Kunikida and Rampo not caring about Atsushi's kidnapping was really harsh. I remember I was slightly annoyed when the characters didn't care for Dazai's disappearance as well, but I quickly thought it was fine because they probably thought he was being the usual Dazai or that he could look after himself. However, Atsushi's a rookie and Kunikida starts believing Rampo with no effort and it takes convincing to get some common sense into them. That was kind of a dick move. Although, again, the conclusion to that scene was pretty gold.
I guess Kyouka and Atsushi are literally being shipped together.. Ha ha.. I suck at this.
destructiveangel said:

Loved the scene when Akutagawa punched Dazai, sorry not sorry haha

Same I lmao. Mainly because I love seeing my favourite characters getting hurt.
Jun 2, 2016 4:27 AM

Jul 2013
Next episode is going to be full of action, can't wait!
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Jun 2, 2016 4:28 AM

Jul 2012
Is it me or does Ranpo hate Atsushi? I mean the fu**s he give about the guy ain't even zero.
Jun 2, 2016 5:09 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
This anime is definetely getting better and better. And this episode properly balanced the comedy and seriousness. Kyouka didn't take too long to become a likable character.

5/5
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2016

368 by Devonnius »»
Apr 14, 11:19 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2016

159 by yahn0928 »»
Apr 2, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2016

144 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Apr 1, 8:07 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2016

191 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 30, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2016

203 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 30, 11:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.