Forum Settings
Forums

Would you prefer to be submissive or dominant with your girlfriend?

New
May 29, 2016 5:37 PM
May 2016
Even though I am not in a relaionship currently, I am asking someone out soon, before the end of my school year.
What would you prefer? I would honestly prefer to be submissive.
This is not sexual, by the way.
His world was tearing down. With that, Hyaku knew that his sake and his involvment with the Bluish Refro gang could not save him from his fear.
The Six-Struck, of the Roku Hotel.
And now, his life will be gone as fast as the blink of an eye.
May 29, 2016 5:41 PM

Jun 2015
What do you mean by submissive or dominant? Be more specific.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2016 5:42 PM

Oct 2014
Do you mean you would prefer her to ask you out?
May 29, 2016 5:49 PM
May 2016
I mean submissive like doing what you're partner wants to do. The things they like override your likes and dislikes. Example is I wanted to make out.
Does girlfriend want to that? No. So you do what they want instead of your own interests. And dominant is what most guys are like in a relationship.
Sorry if the explaination is bad, by the way.
His world was tearing down. With that, Hyaku knew that his sake and his involvment with the Bluish Refro gang could not save him from his fear.
May 29, 2016 5:53 PM

Oct 2014
Sorry dude but I wouldn't exactly call that being "submissive" that's being a bitch and I don't like that word
May 29, 2016 5:54 PM
Oct 2014
"Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk infront of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend".
- Albert Camus

I am a very flexible person really, so either way. If I would be able to make a wish, ideally, then I would say "equal" or "situational". But I will probably end up being the more dominant if I'm ever going to be in a relationship because that's how it usually seems to end up.

May 29, 2016 5:55 PM

Jan 2015
if someone doesn't wanna make out I'm pretty sure its not them being submissive or dominant. Maybe tired, stressed or want to be alone.
May 29, 2016 5:57 PM

Jan 2012
Dominant ofc , males should be dominant always and that's what girls like too

May 29, 2016 5:58 PM
May 2016
Yeah, I think I screwed up the explaination. But whatever. That was my fault. Thanks although.
May 29, 2016 6:04 PM
May 2016
Lol that might be a good thing
I can't even cook instant ramen without trying the laziest and most dangerous ways anyway
May 29, 2016 8:06 PM

Sep 2014
with a girl, i want to be dominant. although if i was with a guy, submissive. but i guess the right person could reverse that.
May 29, 2016 8:15 PM

May 2016
Do I get to pour candle wax on her and tie her up to the ceiling?
Or is she gonna tie me up and wip me and yell at me?
May 29, 2016 8:17 PM
Jul 2018
This is my 100th forum post, and I'm glad it's in this forum. I myself am a very dominant person, mind you there is a fine line between being dominant and being controlling. I am dominant. I live that lifestyle and I love it! Therefore, my ideal girlfriend, is one that is submissive, and likes a little pain with pleasure Ψ( ̄∀ ̄)Ψ
May 29, 2016 8:20 PM
Jul 2018
I like a nice sharp heel in anus like any real man here
May 29, 2016 8:21 PM

Dec 2012
Dominant but the girl needs to be dominant too. Subduing other sadists is my greatest pleasure, there's no fun in an easy catch.
May 29, 2016 10:53 PM

Jan 2014

Seriously, why not both? Why not a little variety in a relationship?
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

May 29, 2016 11:11 PM
Feb 2014
During sex? Submissive.

Come at me MAL

ThrashMatto said:

Seriously, why not both? Why not a little variety in a relationship?

Because you're a cuck otherwise, duhhhhhh
May 29, 2016 11:13 PM

Jan 2014
The_Nico said:
During sex? Submissive.
That's only because you're asian..
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

May 29, 2016 11:14 PM

Dec 2015
Can I choose both :)? Its always fun to be submissive one time then dominant the other time that way both parties can have fun in the role reversal. I always enjoyed being thrown around and used like a ragdoll by my girlfriends, but also on other times I like the girl to be the submissive ragdoll that has to submit to my will. Its the best way to play out both parties fantasies I believe as long as both parties know what they are and aren't against anything beforehand. Although there was this one time where my ex-GF wanted me to choke her really hard and I didn't want to in case I killed her by accident lmao. I like scratching, slapping, spanking, hair-pulling, biting, and light choking though both giving it and receiving it.
CejaraMay 29, 2016 11:19 PM
May 29, 2016 11:17 PM
Jul 2018
ThrashMatto said:
The_Nico said:
During sex? Submissive.

lol! Damn that was straight savage!
May 29, 2016 11:21 PM

Dec 2014
I want her to be submissive
but in sex surely dominant
May 29, 2016 11:23 PM
Feb 2014
ThrashMatto said:
The_Nico said:
During sex? Submissive.

KEEP YOUR HATE SPEECH OFF MAL KEEP YOUR HATE SPEECH OFF MAL KEEP YOUR HATE SPEECH OFF MAL
May 29, 2016 11:24 PM
Jul 2018
Hey! Who let jigglypuff the SJW in???
May 29, 2016 11:26 PM

May 2013
dominant af hell yeah, hoe better have my orange juice xD
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
May 29, 2016 11:28 PM

Nov 2015
During sex? Depends entirely on my mood as well as hers..
In real life? Depends on the situation and who's better at handling said situation.
The_Nico said:

KEEP YOUR HATE SPEECH OFF MAL KEEP YOUR HATE SPEECH OFF MAL KEEP YOUR HATE SPEECH OFF MAL

You forgot the triggling..
May 29, 2016 11:31 PM

Feb 2016
Neither actually would be my choice. Not really sure what the word would be but I'm just gonna say "lenient".

I don't want to be dominant nor do I want my partner to be that way towards me. I'd rather it'd be more "casual".

For example, if I wanted my partner's company for a minute and wanted to talk about my day-- I want to be able to just simply sit by them and ask if we could talk for a couple of minutes rather than just come in and start talking away. Same thing with them if they wanted the same.

Another example being, maybe I want to "play around" (get a bit intimate) I'd have a pretty similar approach and I can be lenient, because they could be busy and ask for an hour to finish up their stuff. I don't mind.

So, another way of putting it is I'd prefer "Give and Take" versus being outright dominant or submissive.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
May 29, 2016 11:42 PM
Jul 2018
I'd prefer a dom dude for sure as long as it doesn't go too much to his head
May 29, 2016 11:43 PM
Jul 2018
I lean a bit more on the dominant fine but I enjoy either.
May 29, 2016 11:54 PM
Jul 2018
OP said this is not a sexual question but the question wasn't that clear, oh well.

So many dominant people here, the submissive just don't want to speak or are they almost non-existent in MAL?
May 30, 2016 12:03 AM

Mar 2015
i would prefer my boyfriend to be dominating....... not in the sexual way...... not that i have a boyfriend
Gin-chan said:
Anime - it's not something that can be thought of in a hall for conferences. It is made out of strange juices current from the brain of animators.
May 30, 2016 12:12 AM

Sep 2015
a woman can only be dominant if the man lets her. it's feels like fighting with a little child. they have nothing to back up their dominance.

though i think it's important to respect your partner and try to find compromises if you have different opinions. "shut up and obey" is the wrong type of dominance
Nigami_ShinMay 30, 2016 12:47 AM

May 30, 2016 12:32 AM

Aug 2015
...how about being an equal with them?

What do you mean 'submissive' or 'dominant' if it's non-sexual? Nobody rules over the other in a relationship.
May 30, 2016 12:40 AM

Feb 2016
For a relationship, I think it's better to strike a balance between the two. A good relationship can work when one person's strength can help with the other's weakness, and the other way around. I find having one partner to be outright dominant and the other submissive to be unhealthy.
Doing nothing of importance.

Anime | Manga
May 30, 2016 1:14 AM

Apr 2009
switch
SaMeYeahs said:
This is not sexual, by the way.

oh.

can't it just be balanced? + that shifts in any relationship, sometimes one is better at handling the situation than the other.
people who are constantly domineering are annoying and i can't take them seriously.
people who are constantly 'submissive' are exhausting and make me nervous cause i always feel like i need to double check if they're really ok with whatever's going on.
so i mean, some middle ground would be nice.
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
May 30, 2016 1:40 AM

Sep 2015
Oh, I don't really care to be honest. If my girlfriend wants something and it's reasonable, I don't mind getting it for her. That being said, I don't like being talked down to. I don't like to control the girls I'm with, but if she tries to be dominant I'll put her in her place.

Last time a girlfriend got angry at me and started talking to me like filth I said "ok" packed my stuff and left without saying a word. She didn't stop calling me for weeks but that's not my problem.

A pair of eyes appear disguised,
I take flight and stay high in paradise,
With bad luck, snake eyes, a pair of dice.
I'm paralyzed, she speaks twice, a pair of lies,
It's parallel, apparent hell of parasites.
ask for discord server
May 30, 2016 1:48 AM

Jun 2015
Being in a relationship is not that simple.
May 30, 2016 2:19 AM

Oct 2010
I'm definitely the main decision maker in my relationship, but my partner also makes decisions sometimes too. It depends on the situation. I can say that I have the more dominant personality between of the two of us though. Although people who know us would expect the complete opposite based on our behavior lol.
May 30, 2016 10:16 AM

May 2015
Neither. I want us to be partners. I want us both to contribute and make the relationship uniquely ours. If I only follow or lead, what's the point?
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
May 30, 2016 10:32 AM

Apr 2014
Mostly submissive because my gf can be pretty dominant and bossy, and it's my goal to be a push over which she takes advantage of sometimes. Painting her nails is a favourite thing for me to do because she kept mentioning I should try painting them, now she expects it lol.

However I do switch it up a bit since I can be dominant many times.
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.
May 30, 2016 1:31 PM
May 2016
I think the best opinions in this are the ones that want equality so... I am probably going to think more about those opinions. I may be young, but maybe getting in a relationship can help me through the future.
May 30, 2016 2:20 PM

Mar 2008
I would rather be equal. I don't want either of us to have too much control over the relationship.
May 30, 2016 2:51 PM

Jun 2012
I think a balance of the two would be best!
May 30, 2016 2:58 PM

Apr 2009
SaMeYeahs said:
I think the best opinions in this are the ones that want equality so... I am probably going to think more about those opinions. I may be young, but maybe getting in a relationship can help me through the future.
i completely missed your age in the whole thing. honestly you shouldn't worry about it too much. you'll see what makes you most comfortable once you start dating and then you'll adjust based on experience.
if you are dating other 13/14 year olds then everyone else is also just starting to get into actual non-platonic stuff and no one really knows what they're doing, so you're pretty good to go with.. pretty much whatever course of action
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
May 30, 2016 3:16 PM

Jan 2015
Ehh tbh it really depends on the girl, otherwise if you're always dominant the sex may not be as good as it should.

Personally I'm a fan of being submissive at first then after a few session switch to dominant because it spices up the sex life.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 30, 2016 3:19 PM

Aug 2015
I think that in a relationship it's better to not have distinct parts, but at the same time there are moments where someone in tha couple has to take the lead. In that case i think that i would want to be the one strangely for me
May 30, 2016 6:17 PM

Aug 2015
These are preferences. Generally you would choose a partner that has the quality that is lacking, if you are submissive, you generally choose a more dominant by nature, if you are effeminate by nature, you would generally choose someone less feminine as a partner.

This works well, as long as there is respect. Once there is no respect, there is no relationship.
idk about you but the closer a girl gets to looking like ronald mcdonald, the more aroused i become. CAV

where can we cast our eyes to @PoruMairu who thinks of himself a member of the true church. Helion.
May 30, 2016 8:09 PM

Mar 2015
Shift between submissive and dominant. Full submissive or dominant is boring IMO.
This salad is salty favored
May 30, 2016 8:57 PM

Jan 2014
You're thirteen... don't take your relationship seriously and just have fun.
“Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore, trust the physician and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.”
May 30, 2016 9:39 PM

Jun 2015
Okay yayyy, you finally were more specific.

OQ: I don't want to more dominant or submissive with my boyfriend because A) I don't want to be a lil bitch and I don't want him to a be a lil bitch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

» What are you insecure about the most?

Ejrodiew - Apr 30

31 by _Nette_ »»
59 seconds ago

Poll: » do you believe in near term human extinction or NTHE?

deg - May 1

46 by SmugSatoko »»
2 minutes ago

» How do you travel daily

ST63LTH - 57 minutes ago

0 by ST63LTH »»
57 minutes ago

» Have you ever been falsely accused of anything?

Ejrodiew - May 1

24 by Cbr_Star »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » do you believe that scientific theory are just a theory and scientific consensus are just opinions?

deg - 7 hours ago

13 by Malkshake »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.