Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2016 7:38 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Lol Kagura's all over the place this chapter. Then again, she suffered a lot in the past before so...

Looks like the others are putting a stop to her rage before it goes completely out of control. Intense/5
May 19, 2016 8:34 AM

Apr 2015
The Yorozuya taking on Kamui together but at the same time Kagura remains the highlight. No illogical things such as Gintoki or Kagura defeating Kamui single handedly. I'm satisfied by how Sorachi is handeling things :)

5/5 chapter again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2016 8:53 AM

Feb 2012
Looks like they said fuck it and are going to kill the dude.

They can't handle him any other way.
May 19, 2016 9:12 AM

Feb 2016
Wow if kagura goes full yato mode on her brother and pull him out, whose gonna pull her out?!
May 19, 2016 8:42 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Wow, I never thought that I would see Shinpachi doing badass stuff in this arc!

5/5
May 21, 2016 4:42 AM

Mar 2015
I wonder if this is supposed to be the last Gintama arc. Doesn't feel like it, mainly because the Shinsengumi haven't played any role yet or there doesn't seem to be any big showdown against the bad guy. As of now it seems to be just a family squabble.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
May 21, 2016 5:00 AM
Nov 2013
GaryMuffuginOak said:
I wonder if this is supposed to be the last Gintama arc. Doesn't feel like it, mainly because the Shinsengumi haven't played any role yet or there doesn't seem to be any big showdown against the bad guy. As of now it seems to be just a family squabble.

It's not, sorachi stated that the next arc after this will be the last.
May 21, 2016 6:19 AM

Apr 2015
GaryMuffuginOak said:

Yup as stated, this is the second last arc. Sorachi is just ensuring that he has completed all the mess before going into the last arc.

I wonder if we are going to get a flashback from Gintoki's point of view in the last arc or not.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2016 6:23 AM

Mar 2015
CG-Silver said:
GaryMuffuginOak said:

Yup as stated, this is the second last arc. Sorachi is just ensuring that he has completed all the mess before going into the last arc.

I wonder if we are going to get a flashback from Gintoki's point of view in the last arc or not.

I just hope the last arc is something epic. Like all the decently strong Gintama characters get together to defend earth or something. Just involve all the characters because Gintama is all about being protecting and being supported by others.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
May 22, 2016 1:30 AM

Mar 2015
look how many progress they made.. i am proud...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 22, 2016 1:31 AM

Dec 2013
It's impressive how long Kamui has been fighting now. I kinda hope Kagura finally knock him out next chapter.

Overall another intense chapter.
May 22, 2016 3:08 AM

Dec 2012
Shinpachi was awesome this chapter. Love how he is getting his moment to shine. Kagura also not giving up.
Nice little moment with Kagura & her Mom, but sad that they couldn't go to Earth as a family.
Yorozuya are her family.
Kagura delivering that final punch, but Kamui manages to get a kick in as well.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

May 22, 2016 8:15 AM

Aug 2014
Kamui is quite the man, holding his own for so long. Great to see Shinpachi getting his time to shine aswell! Poor Kagura had it tough for so long ;~;
May 22, 2016 11:02 AM

Jan 2016
Kamui is such a beast, really won't go down so easily even fighting 4 people already. Though his body might be on the edge right now
May 22, 2016 8:18 PM
Dec 2013
It's good to see the whole yorozuya trying to take down Kamui rather than Gintoki himself. But, will it be enough?

NANDESUKA KORE?
May 22, 2016 10:18 PM

Mar 2014
Oh man, the dialogue (as always) was so intense & emotional. But it's all about dat Patsuan this chapter. Guy was relentless af, massive props. But when Gin got up behind him and Kagura resumed her monologue, I was tearing up, so good.

I don't think Kamui's body is will be able to keep this up next chapter.

5/5

crystalblade13 said:
GaryMuffuginOak said:

It's not, sorachi stated that the next arc after this will be the last.
CG-Silver said:
GaryMuffuginOak said:

Sorachi said the final arc will start this year, so the next arc isn't necessarily the last one.
May 23, 2016 6:06 PM

Jan 2014
That fight and flashback was intense, to stop Beast Kamui they have use all their power together, 5/5 for shinpachi and this chapter

I hope after Gintama last arc, they back to comedy again to parody about Gintama ending, and I hope we have saddest Gintama moment.
May 23, 2016 8:55 PM

Apr 2015
HiatusXHiatus said:
That fight and flashback was intense, to stop Beast Kamui they have use all their power together, 5/5 for shinpachi and this chapter

I hope after Gintama last arc, they back to comedy again to parody about Gintama ending, and I hope we have saddest Gintama moment.

Agreed. I hope after finishing the last arc, Sorachi decides to make more content after taking a small break.
May 24, 2016 11:11 PM

Oct 2007
Yo let's be real for just a second here though. Shinpachi died after the first hit and all we're seeing at this point is either his spirit fighting alongside Kagura, or the glasses have taken full control over the corpse.
Aug 12, 2018 7:46 AM

Feb 2013
Wtf man, he is too damn annoying, can't he fall down for good?
Kagura's memories got to me again, they couldn't go to Earth as a family, but she found another family on her own.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama Chapter 487 Discussion

SilentTruth - Mar 26, 2014

6 by GreatestSaltboy »»
Apr 12, 3:02 AM

Poll: » JUMP MV /『Gintama』×『Samurai Heart (Some Like It Hot!!)』| SPYAIR

LittleStar - Jan 6

0 by LittleStar »»
Jan 6, 10:06 AM

Poll: » JUMP MV /『Gintama』×『Shura』| DOES

LittleStar - Jan 6

0 by LittleStar »»
Jan 6, 10:00 AM

» Gintama, the popularity vote has started! Who will you vote for?

kihel - Dec 18, 2023

2 by mokkocchi »»
Dec 19, 2023 1:22 AM

Poll: » Gintama Chapter 142 Discussion

VARIAchan - Feb 1, 2011

3 by tcandy19 »»
Jul 1, 2023 10:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.