Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 14, 2016 7:31 PM

Dec 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Meh didn't feel like much happened. Mostly fodder being taken out.

Rebecca centric episode is next week which is going to painful. I'm so sick of seeing her constantly cry!

Best part was Bartolomeo

May 14, 2016 8:28 PM

Apr 2009
liked it compared to last week was a much faster paced episode
May 14, 2016 8:29 PM

Sep 2015
A really nice episode
i suppose that he will reach kyros by the end of the next episode........
May 14, 2016 9:13 PM

Dec 2012
I surprisingly enjoyed this episode. Definitely better than the previous one.
May 14, 2016 9:48 PM

Jan 2016
Interesting interesting.
Thank you Luffy !!
Did fuji just do that? (Guessing for Rebecca not luffy)
Hahaha sengoku
So uh.... cp0? Hello? OK :c

May 14, 2016 10:30 PM

Dec 2014
Enjoyed it more than I expected to.

Classic One Piece escape OST with the crew running away from Marines was nice :D
Bartolomeo fanboying as always xD

One of things I've always liked about Luffy is that he only helps the person when they ask for it, He went after Rebecca not to bring her back but to only know if she was fine with the situation and helped her because she asked for it.

Next episode should be great :D
May 14, 2016 11:06 PM

Dec 2014
AWESOME EPISODE (even though I cheated...)

Loved the usage for OST, This time when Rebecca cried... I actually didn't get annoyed but actually felt sad for her ;-; Poor her. Next ep will be awesome! Law and Sengoku + Rebecca and Kyros if we are lucky, Fujitora and Luffy next week too! :D
Thinking.....
May 14, 2016 11:23 PM

Oct 2008
Pretty nice episode. I liked the part where Luffy confronted Rebecca about accepting Kyros' decision.
May 14, 2016 11:49 PM

Dec 2014
I kind see Vivi in Rebecca sometimes....
Really the story line really was a little like Alabasta's there everybody was unaware of Crocodile tyrany as well
May 15, 2016 12:18 AM

Feb 2016
I really miss Vivi... I'd like her to show up in any future episode. If we remember well she is a "Mugiwara" as well :)
May 15, 2016 12:51 AM

Mar 2008
this episode was utter shit... wtf
damn, I really really hate you, toei.. so useless :/
May 15, 2016 1:25 AM

Feb 2016
Wtf was this episode? Boring
May 15, 2016 1:26 AM

Feb 2016
stickermans50 said:

Loved the usage for OST, This time when Rebecca cried... I actually didn't get annoyed but actually felt sad for her ;-; Poor her. Next ep will be awesome! Law and Sengoku + Rebecca and Kyros if we are lucky, Fujitora and Luffy next week too! :D
Even though you cheated? explain?
May 15, 2016 1:35 AM

Oct 2013
Man next episode should have lots of feels
May 15, 2016 1:39 AM

Jul 2010
Best part was with Sengoku seems he lend them a hand :P and that monkey was interesting.Also the bs with rebbeka is similar to alabasta with vivi same thing over again all the way for a farewell xD next ep will suck hard as well :S
May 15, 2016 1:47 AM

Oct 2015
rimazeniman said:
I really miss Vivi... I'd like her to show up in any future episode. If we remember well she is a "Mugiwara" as well :)

Ya hope she comes back.

This episode was good though they could have condensed it a bit more. Next episode will have some feels.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
May 15, 2016 1:57 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah, no complaints from me about this one.
May 15, 2016 2:12 AM

Dec 2014
360AttAck said:
stickermans50 said:

I watched it a 1.20x speed, some scenes on 1.30x
Thinking.....
May 15, 2016 3:30 AM
Mar 2016
I like it so much, but poor Luffy. The people of Dressrosa now are thinking bad of him. He is doing the correct 😪
May 15, 2016 3:42 AM

Feb 2013
Bartolomeo was the best for praising Zoro when he was going the wrong way and Usopp when he fell, they are cool in every way for him.
May 15, 2016 3:43 AM

Jan 2015
well, i dont want anymore rebecca stuff, i got really bored now
May 15, 2016 4:45 AM
Mar 2015
stickermans50 said:
360AttAck said:

I do something similar, I do little 1-2 second skips throughout the episode, mostly through reaction faces n shit.
May 15, 2016 5:02 AM

Sep 2015
Damn , I'm already board of this arc ,, it's too boring to see something you already know.
May 15, 2016 5:14 AM

Dec 2014
huddycleve said:
stickermans50 said:

I do something similar, I do little 1-2 second skips throughout the episode, mostly through reaction faces n shit.
I tried it this week for the first time ever and I REALLY loved the episode because of that so I'm pretty sure I'll be using that trick till we get a better adaptation XD
Thinking.....
May 15, 2016 5:59 AM
Mar 2015
stickermans50 said:
huddycleve said:

I tried it this week for the first time ever and I REALLY loved the episode because of that so I'm pretty sure I'll be using that trick till we get a better adaptation XD

Oh I've been doing it for a long time now, probably since Saobody. It's quite helpful.
May 15, 2016 6:17 AM

Feb 2016
not much happened this time. the only thing that made this episode still entertaining was this.

May 15, 2016 7:07 AM

Dec 2014
huddycleve said:
stickermans50 said:

Oh I've been doing it for a long time now, probably since Saobody. It's quite helpful.
I second that, It's really helpful when it comes to One Piece.
Thinking.....
May 15, 2016 8:37 AM
Apr 2016
stickermans50 said:
huddycleve said:

I find it a huge disappointment that some or many of us felt the need to do something like that or watch edited versions like One Pace in order for us to really enjoy this series. One of the main problems I have with this series.
May 15, 2016 10:44 AM

Dec 2014
Beth_Masey said:
I find it a huge disappointment that some or many of us felt the need to do something like that or watch edited versions like One Pace in order for us to really enjoy this series. One of the main problems I have with this series.
It's not really our fault though ;-; The manga of One Piece my life, Like seriously I love it like no other form of entertainment, It holds a very special place in my heart and always will. As for the anime, Episode 525 or so ep, just before they enter Fishman Island, OP anime for me, after that has been getting shittier and shittier, in Dressrosa it turned into shit. The anime-only watchers still probably will have more fun, but since I'm caught up with the manga... Animation isn't even my major problem with it, the pacing though... Absolutely atrocious.

And same here, I find it disappointing myself but that's just how bad of a studio Toei is.
Thinking.....
May 15, 2016 11:58 AM
Apr 2016
stickermans50 said:
Beth_Masey said:
It's not really our fault though ;-; The manga of One Piece my life, Like seriously I love it like no other form of entertainment, It holds a very special place in my heart and always will. As for the anime, Episode 525 or so ep, just before they enter Fishman Island, OP anime for me, after that has been getting shittier and shittier, in Dressrosa it turned into shit. The anime-only watchers still probably will have more fun, but since I'm caught up with the manga... Animation isn't even my major problem with it, the pacing though... Absolutely atrocious.

And same here, I find it disappointing myself but that's just how bad of a studio Toei is.

Oh, hon. I'm not placing fault on anyone here for doing such a thing. Don't lower your head in shame. You may rise. ;P

It has indeed been getting worse lately. noticeably around the Fishmen arc, like you said, especially regarding the pacing. Some episodes have been great, but yeah. I do hope for a better version of the series, but with the amount of money put into so many of these episodes, along with the ton of movies and specials and other stuff to really milk this dry (which isn't a surprise since it's so popular and that much of a success), I'm having my doubts. Or at least I doubt it'll happen while I'm still alive.

Also, It's fine that you like the manga so much or even this anime so much, but it's nice that there are many people like yourself that acknowledge faults in the anime and are not afraid to express such criticism, even if it's your most favorite series of all time regarding anime and/or manga. Hell, there are many fans that have been doing so lately regarding the manga version as well, and this includes from people from Japan. It makes me smile that the fanbase are turning out this way. I'm not saying that I WANT this series to have a bunch of negativity or anything as stupid as that, else I still wouldn't be watching and reading it myself. I'm just saying that I'm happy that the fanbase are not frequently saying that this is the best thing ever while basically bashing anyone who disagreed like so many of them did years ago. Now we can pretty much express such criticism without much worry of fans bashing others just for expressing such or for disagreeing.
May 15, 2016 12:01 PM

Mar 2014
why do the navy even shoot at luffy anymore since they have known from whenever he got his original bounty bullets don't hurt him

especially when he is carrying rebecca and they still shoot
May 15, 2016 12:15 PM

Dec 2014
Beth_Masey said:
Oh, hon. I'm not placing fault on anyone here for doing such a thing. Don't lower your head in shame. You may rise. ;P

It has indeed been getting worse lately. noticeably around the Fishmen arc, like you said, especially regarding the pacing. Some episodes have been great, but yeah. I do hope for a better version of the series, but with the amount of money put into so many of these episodes, along with the ton of movies and specials and other stuff to really milk this dry (which isn't a surprise since it's so popular and that much of a success), I'm having my doubts. Or at least I doubt it'll happen while I'm still alive.

Also, It's fine that you like the manga so much or even this anime so much, but it's nice that there are many people like yourself that acknowledge faults in the anime and are not afraid to express such criticism, even if it's your most favorite series of all time regarding anime and/or manga. Hell, there are many fans that have been doing so lately regarding the manga version as well, and this includes from people from Japan. It makes me smile that the fanbase are turning out this way. I'm not saying that I WANT this series to have a bunch of negativity or anything as stupid as that, else I still wouldn't be watching and reading it myself. I'm just saying that I'm happy that the fanbase are not frequently saying that this is the best thing ever while basically bashing anyone who disagreed like so many of them did years ago. Now we can pretty much express such criticism without much worry of fans bashing others just for expressing such or for disagreeing.
Yes sir! *rises head* lol

Same here, I really want a better adaptation but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get it till like 2040 or something, I mean this adaptation will probably last till 2023-25 the way things are going. So asking for a better-paced anime with consistent quality animation, beautiful art and incredible OST is a dream, Seriously lol But I hope we are both alive when it does happen, I mean most of the old fans will be like "OH WAIT! WHERE ARE OUR OLD VAs?!" Since some of them will be dead by then XD

Oh don't worry brother, 2015 May was the last time I thought One Piece was greatest animu and mango ever. The manga is still my favorite, and the anime is still one of my favorites, But holy shit if I rated this thing critically and not on enjoyment, I wouldn't rate it higher than a 7 at all. AT ALL lol It's all thanks to HxH and Monster, maybe even Gintama that made me realize this (not saying Gintama is better than OP though or maybe it is, I don't know lol)
Thinking.....
May 15, 2016 12:29 PM

Aug 2012
What happened with the sniper marines suddenly fell to the ground..!?? It wasn't Haoshoku no haki, was it..!!???
Really those ungrateful townspeople, they quickly ditched their savior just because of a tiny misunderstanding ╮(╯▽╰)╭

I'm ready for some feels between Rebecca and heitai-san next ~
May 15, 2016 12:44 PM
Apr 2016
stickermans50 said:
Beth_Masey said:

Same here, I really want a better adaptation but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get it till like 2040 or something, I mean this adaptation will probably last till 2023-25 the way things are going. So asking for a better-paced anime with consistent quality animation, beautiful art and incredible OST is a dream, Seriously lol But I hope we are both alive when it does happen, I mean most of the old fans will be like "OH WAIT! WHERE ARE OUR OLD VAs?!" Since some of them will be dead by then XD

Oh don't worry brother, 2015 May was the last time I thought One Piece was greatest animu and mango ever. The manga is still my favorite, and the anime is still one of my favorites, But holy shit if I rated this thing critically and not on enjoyment, I wouldn't rate it higher than a 7 at all. AT ALL lol It's all thanks to HxH and Monster, maybe even Gintama that made me realize this (not saying Gintama is better than OP though or maybe it is, I don't know lol)

XD

True words. I'll probably be in my seventies for that to happen,if I can even live that long. And I probably won't have much motivation to watch anime anymore. Hopefully that sort of thing won't happen.

Ugh. Monster and HxH are so good to me, and I love Gintama. More often than not extremely funny (if not almost all the time), wonderful characters (love pretty much every major and main character), and the serious arcs are so, so good. I don't like Gintama more than this, though, or at least when it comes to what I enjoy overall. Pretty much along the lines of this series, really. When it comes to OP, even though I still watch the anime, I like the manga a lot more, but when it comes to GIntama, I love the anime a lot more than the manga even though I still read the manga. A shame Gintama's ending soon, though.
May 15, 2016 12:49 PM

Dec 2014
Beth_Masey said:
stickermans50 said:

XD

True words. I'll probably be in my seventies for that to happen,if I can even live that long. And I probably won't have much motivation to watch anime anymore. Hopefully that sort of thing won't happen.

Ugh. Monster and HxH are so good to me, and I love Gintama. More often than not extremely funny (if not almost all the time), wonderful characters (love pretty much every major and main character), and the serious arcs are so, so good. I don't like Gintama more than this, though, or at least when it comes to what I enjoy overall. Pretty much along the lines of this series, really. When it comes to OP, even though I still watch the anime, I like the manga a lot more, but when it comes to GIntama, I love the anime a lot more than the manga even though I still read the manga. A shame Gintama's ending soon, though.

Let's just hope you don't completely lose all that motivation lol

Gintama has a great cast of characters, I strongly agree. It is one of the few animu from which I like all the good guys. And yes, Gintama anime >>> manga, the manga doesn't make me laugh. By the way if you want to talk more, let's do it on our profiles and not here. I mean we are not really discussing the episode but everything else XD
Thinking.....
May 15, 2016 1:46 PM
Apr 2016
stickermans50 said:
Beth_Masey said:

XD

Let's just hope you don't completely lose all that motivation lol

Gintama has a great cast of characters, I strongly agree. It is one of the few animu from which I like all the good guys. And yes, Gintama anime >>> manga, the manga doesn't make me laugh. By the way if you want to talk more, let's do it on our profiles and not here. I mean we are not really discussing the episode but everything else XD

Yeah, I should do that next time in the fear that I'll derail this topic while being off-subject. I'll stop here. Sorry about that. ^^
May 15, 2016 3:29 PM

Dec 2014
Beth_Masey said:
Yeah, I should do that next time in the fear that I'll derail this topic while being off-subject. I'll stop here. Sorry about that. ^^
Nah it's okay, but stopping before someone tells us to stop is better. :D
Thinking.....
May 15, 2016 3:36 PM
Mar 2015
Beth_Masey said:
stickermans50 said:

Yeah, though I mostly prefer the manga anyways. Though the anime is often a disappointment, it's still cool to get an animated/colored version of what I recently read every week.
May 15, 2016 4:39 PM

Mar 2010
It was all overall good.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 15, 2016 4:39 PM
Apr 2016
huddycleve said:
Beth_Masey said:

Yeah, though I mostly prefer the manga anyways. Though the anime is often a disappointment, it's still cool to get an animated/colored version of what I recently read every week.

True, and I prefer the manga as well even though that has pacing issues too. I just wish they could have done better with this. I think it deserves better. I apologize for comparing, but you see long running anime like Gintama treated like it should be (with that meaning greatly), yet this one has such huge flaws that shouldn't be happening in this year despite being so popular and successful. It makes me annoyed at times. :(

Call me crazy, but I'd even take a lot of filler episodes just for this to get better treatment, because at least with filler, not only is there something extra for you to watch whenever it's enjoyable to you or not, but you can easily skip said filler episodes and arcs without really missing much. Sure, you can skip some things here or watch it at a quicker rate, but I still find this sort of thing more annoying. All I can hope is that it'll get much better later on in the future, but with how it has been for all these years (especially the recent years), I have my doubts.
May 15, 2016 8:38 PM

Apr 2009
A fun episode, Rebecca even managed to not be annoying.

Bartolomeo stole the episode as usual. I'd say I wish he'd join the Straw Hats, but he'd probably have a heart attack on the spot.
May 16, 2016 6:22 AM
Mar 2015
Beth_Masey said:
huddycleve said:

True, and I prefer the manga as well even though that has pacing issues too. I just wish they could have done better with this. I think it deserves better. I apologize for comparing, but you see long running anime like Gintama treated like it should be (with that meaning greatly), yet this one has such huge flaws that shouldn't be happening in this year despite being so popular and successful. It makes me annoyed at times. :(

Call me crazy, but I'd even take a lot of filler episodes just for this to get better treatment, because at least with filler, not only is there something extra for you to watch whenever it's enjoyable to you or not, but you can easily skip said filler episodes and arcs without really missing much. Sure, you can skip some things here or watch it at a quicker rate, but I still find this sort of thing more annoying. All I can hope is that it'll get much better later on in the future, but with how it has been for all these years (especially the recent years), I have my doubts.

I don't see any problem with the manga pacing... If it that's regarding Dressrosa, I highly recommend re-reading it now that it's over. It seems a lot better when you can read it all in one go.

See the thing is Gintama has a far more episodic nature, so the anime can get away with a lot more in terms of filler/getting away from the manga. If One Piece had more filler, I'm sure we'd get just as many complaints as Naruto: Shippudden has for that. It's a tough balance for such a long-running, arc-storied manga. To be fair, the animation really isn't too bad (it was in a lot of Dressrosa, but for all the extra big stuff they had to animate I'm pretty satisfied), it's mostly just the padding that kills it, so One Pace is a viable solution. If there was filler instead, though, the animation would remain the same (as they'd still do weekly episodes). So either way, you've got a problem.
May 16, 2016 10:56 AM

Dec 2015
It was ok TBH. Best part was bartolomeo
May 16, 2016 12:29 PM

Aug 2015
Another awful episode!
Maybe next week it'll be at least worth-watching.
May 16, 2016 1:08 PM

Nov 2015
Oh God I love Bartolomeo

May 16, 2016 1:29 PM

Jun 2013
Yeah...Luffy and Rebecca about soldier not living with her...or leaving just like that

By the Words Presented me by Sex Whales and Fraxo's Song "Dead To Me": LIKE F**K THAT!! XD
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
May 16, 2016 2:41 PM
Apr 2016
huddycleve said:
Beth_Masey said:

I don't see any problem with the manga pacing... If it that's regarding Dressrosa, I highly recommend re-reading it now that it's over. It seems a lot better when you can read it all in one go.

See the thing is Gintama has a far more episodic nature, so the anime can get away with a lot more in terms of filler/getting away from the manga. If One Piece had more filler, I'm sure we'd get just as many complaints as Naruto: Shippudden has for that. It's a tough balance for such a long-running, arc-storied manga. To be fair, the animation really isn't too bad (it was in a lot of Dressrosa, but for all the extra big stuff they had to animate I'm pretty satisfied), it's mostly just the padding that kills it, so One Pace is a viable solution. If there was filler instead, though, the animation would remain the same (as they'd still do weekly episodes). So either way, you've got a problem.

Hm. Idk. I just find the pacing in the manga rather slow as well. Not nearly as slow as the anime is, especially lately, but still. Dressrosa was especially when I felt that way in the manga, but I'll try that method you've suggested. ;)

While Gintama was more episodic, I thought the majority of the comedic episodes that do seem like filler actually were in the manga as well, or at least what I heard. Well, in any case, I was saying that I think it probably would have been better to do that than overstretch things frequently so that they can put most of the work on the canon material and stuff while putting less of it on the filler material. That's what I've usually seen regarding Naruto, Bleach, and I think Gintama, as far as I remembered.
May 16, 2016 7:01 PM

Jul 2013
Bartolomeo is such a win in One Piece. I love this guy :D

Zorro like always had problems with his orientation xD

Hmm I knew Luffy would do something like this. I'm curious what exactly will happen with Kyros and Rebecca. It's a little bit sad the people in Dressrosa will believe that Luffy is a bad guy.

May 17, 2016 12:06 PM

Jul 2014
Did this episode even cover one whole chapter of the manga? I don't remember.
May 17, 2016 2:23 PM

Oct 2015
don't know why but I enjoyed this episode a lot. bartolomeo is my favourite.
next weeks gonna be .. lame.. i guess
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 411 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Aug 2, 2009

79 by gannoncannon55 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 410 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 18, 2009

76 by gannoncannon55 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 409 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 11, 2009

71 by gannoncannon55 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 408 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 4, 2009

141 by gannoncannon55 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 405 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hayato_kun - Jun 13, 2009

174 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.