Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 23, 2016 1:19 PM

Aug 2013
So when Jack tries to kill pirate Guy they call him a sociopath and lock him up

But when love-pon looses it and attempts to drown MC nobody cares

Wtf ?
Apr 23, 2016 1:20 PM

Mar 2015
I think all of these are delusions. They're hearing and seeing their biggest fear or desire.

They hear the sound of different things, from a bear, to a sea lion, a human, creaking or a siren. Which probably the things they are scared the most.

While seeing things that they wanted the most. Like the bus driver and his dead child and that girl who likes Mitsumune sees his giant form.

Apr 23, 2016 1:37 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
My first drop of the season. I don't demand quality of everything I watch (and God knows I watch a lot of crap) but there's nothing about this show to look forward to every week (writing, characters, animation, art, music, it's all meh, meh).
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 23, 2016 1:55 PM

Feb 2015
in my opinion, the story gets intersting and more thrilling than before xD.
everyone still alive but i'm still waiting sometome to die. some of them are freaking annoying AF.

i wonder what they saw in the tunnel. Giant mitsumune ? WTF are you talking about girl ? still sane ? LOL

anyway, i'm looking foward for the next episode.
Apr 23, 2016 2:04 PM
Mar 2016
Really after watch this ep there's not much development in core characters. Having Mitsumune reveal that his name isn't a nickname is quite nice, but he pales in character development so far. Hopefully the people leaving will learn that it's quite hard to leave without sacrificing something in return. Now about giant Mitsumune- I believe that someone mentioned it's probably a fear test; giving people the image they fear most. In Maimai's case it's her feelings for Mitsumune, that she fears. This episode was kinda eh to me and I only have hope for Jack... please survive!
Apr 23, 2016 2:17 PM
Nov 2015
Mezter said:
That. Cliffhanger. Tho.

I wonder what Maimai means by a 'Big Mitsumune.'
I was kinda freaked out by the ghost(?) of the Driver's daughter as well...and what happened to Hyouketsu no Judgeness? How did Jack escape? Did everyone see the same thing in the cave? So many questions arising...

Still, the tension throughout the episode was awesome. Cant wait for next week.

This is just my thoughts, but I'm pretty sure the Driver's daughter had gone on the tour 10 years prior. She may be one of the people who had lived there before...
Apr 23, 2016 2:28 PM
Apr 2013
block1 said:
Hear me out my brethren, I'm pretty certain that the monster were dealing with here is a Wendigo. Based on the previous episodes and this episode - it makes animal-like sounds, is gigantic and can morph into the appearance of others; these are all qualities that the mythical Wendigo has.

Wendigos origin are in the US and Canada unless they didn't apply that to the anime then probably
Apr 23, 2016 2:36 PM
Jul 2018
The mystery aspect of the show is kinda good, but those characters are so damn irritating
Apr 23, 2016 2:38 PM
Feb 2015
I think they're all already dead or in purgatory or something.

Like, maybe they died in the beginning when the bus driver tried kill everyone, or maybe they were dead from the start. I'm getting a "death parade"/"Lost"
vibe...
Apr 23, 2016 2:49 PM

Mar 2014
I have no idea what's going on anymore
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 23, 2016 2:53 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
A giant mitsumune .... dude, what
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 23, 2016 2:59 PM

Jan 2016
Weird cliffhanger at the end.

Good episode, like the way this series is turning out.
Apr 23, 2016 3:33 PM

Jan 2012
Okay okay…I survived another episode. What as that at the ending? Big Mitsumune wtf? And did Judgness really die? So confusing…

YokuneSan said:
I hope Lovepon dies next, she's so fucking annoying.

One of the few likable female characters^

THIS

Nocturnal said:
It amazed me how our MC did not mention the creepy eye he saw, not even to dissuade the group from leaving. His argumentation is sheer brilliance, too. Mikage actually presents some solid reasons for leaving the mountain and all Mistumune can say is, 'but Masaki says we should stay!', this when Masaki is not making any amount of sense.
Her behavior has been off since day one but at this point it has reached a level of weirdness that cannot be disregarded. It's obvious she knows something no-one else knows and that alone should at least make our MC wonder but no.

I was surprised that Hayato and Maimai actually left Mistumune behind. I figured she'd be too tsundere and he too weirdly possessive to possibly leave our MC alone. I also wonder whether Mistumune would have died if not for Hayato's help.

Mitsumune is one of those annoying characters that make you want to shake them. Practically abandoning his childhood friend over a chick he met a day ago? I sure as hell wouldn’t toss my friend over Masaki. Most MC are annoying really, and the pseudo mystery is starting to get on my nerves. Well, I’ll continue watching purely out of curiosity.

Nocturnal said:
At this point I'm inclined to think that the titles are deliberately deceptive. And it's a shame that I am almost sure Mikage will die, at this point he is one of the few character I actually like.

Oh no, Mikage is one of the very few enjoyable characters in this anime. It’d be shame if he died :/

On another note, Jack you go! That staring down when he was in the fog, if it’s him, was really intense. Mikage, Hayato, Maimai, Nanko, pls don’t die <3
"I don’t know what you want out of nationals, but who sets their goals on something anyone can go to? We try because it’s hard. It’s a dream because it takes a lot of work." - Jun Isashiki, Diamond no Ace S2E51.
Apr 23, 2016 3:51 PM

Dec 2015
MC is still annoying. That 'beast' noise they keep hearing sounds like a dinosaur to me. I'm guessing everyone is hearing and seeing different things.

Apr 23, 2016 4:23 PM

Nov 2011
People might have dropped this too soon, episode 4 was on Point! Shit hit the fan at the end of episode 3 and episode 4 was basically Shit hitting everywhere...

WTF IS A GIANT MITSUMUNE!!!

Also Still hoping for Aliens lol

The side characters are way better then Mitsumune and Masaki...I cant stand them anymore
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 23, 2016 4:26 PM

Aug 2009
Now it's getting interesting!
Like others said, I think it's all about illusions, like, they're seeing what they fear or think the most. Something like that.
Apr 23, 2016 5:29 PM
Feb 2014
The roars were probably faked with the intention to split the groups up

Jack is probably a good guy

Giant Mitsumune? I think someone is obssessed with him, its probably a statue

Jottsun seeing something then going off on his own, then disappearing? Now the driver sees his daughter and goes off on his own and maybe would have disappeared if they didnt go after him...

The episode is called Jottsun, so maybe they're showing us what happened to Jottsun through the Driver's story?
XiverzApr 23, 2016 5:35 PM
Apr 23, 2016 5:54 PM

Aug 2014
Drama and mystery, there is no supernatural. So don't expect a ghost suddenly appears.

There is a possibility they are the real perpetrators. Their minds could be hallucinating because of certain influences such as inhaling some of gas without knowing when they entered the village.
boledcoolApr 23, 2016 6:06 PM
Apr 23, 2016 6:57 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Made it through another "annihilation by committee" episode. This anime is easiest for me to watch by not becoming attached to any of the characters. Sort of like Agatha Christie's - 10 Little Indians story.......just let em die and try to guess the killer.
Apr 23, 2016 7:34 PM
Nov 2015
13swords said:
I think that the "monster" takes a different form to everybody who looks at it or hears it based on something specific to that person. Just a thought, since no one could seem to agree about what they heard when the monster roared, and that Maimai's look at the monster and recalling of the monster's roar seemed to match up (describing the monster's roar as a human voice and it's appearance as a giant mitsumune).

Yeah, I hadn't thought of this before, but your theory does make sense. Also in the previous episode, I do recall that Mitsumune saw the eye of the "monster", so if the "monster" can shift-shape into anyone that it sees, it does work.
Apr 23, 2016 8:07 PM

Jul 2009
puppygirl said:
Syonos said:
This anime has so many similarities with Lost :

- unknown monsters in the woods
- a place that you can't leave ( in Lost the island and here the mountain)
- hallucinations
- many characters that gradually die
- disappeared inhabitants

is lost a good anime?? i might watch it since this anime has been interesting so far!

I believe he's referring to Lost the TV series not an anime.

Also the line "many characters that gradually die" I'm still waiting for some official deaths, this gradual is taking too long. The kill count is too low.
Apr 23, 2016 8:50 PM

Jan 2016
Dammit, there goes Hyoketsu. Why do my favorites always die first? This is giving me serious Gai Daigoji flashbacks...
"Now you have your answer. That's Fire Bomber. We don't know their past or future... they're just here. That's all there is." - Akiko Lips
Apr 23, 2016 8:52 PM

May 2015
this all people are already dead.. We hear that the village is lost, no one can find it ( not even the police ) its because it does not exist in this world. In first episode we saw Mitsumune dream and I guess that was a moment when he died. I think that only people who has unfinished business can visit the Lost Village. There was this creepy moment when we saw an Eye of a bear ( but to me it looked more like a human eye, or some devil creature ). My guess it that this is some kind a guardian (titan mitsumune, GAHH) who does not allow anyone to leave the village and return back to the world of living ones. People who get carried away ( Yottsun san tried to abuse the girl, so the creature killed him ) and try to hurt the ones who are innocent, are punished. judgeness and everyone else who try to leave the vilage will die in next episode
"If you don’t like a rule… Just follow it… Reach the top… And change the rule." -adolf hitler
Apr 23, 2016 9:11 PM

Dec 2010
...possible plot # 1 Hallucinating from a deadly air in the village (the drivers daughter)

...possible plot # 2 Everything is an act their being motor by camera, everything was a scan ( we really didn't see any bear just the sound )
Apr 23, 2016 9:13 PM

Jan 2013
A giant Mitsumune? wtf
I bet everything that is happening is somehow related to their past...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 23, 2016 9:32 PM
Jul 2018
I'm still lost..
End part was funny, wtf is a giant Mitsumune supposed to be?
I find this show to be funny, I mean it has its LOL moments.
This is getting interesting.
Apr 23, 2016 10:05 PM
Apr 2016
My assumption is they are hallucinating what they desire the most.
Apr 23, 2016 10:58 PM

Jan 2016
Mezter said:
That. Cliffhanger. Tho.

I wonder what Maimai means by a 'Big Mitsumune.'
I was kinda freaked out by the ghost(?) of the Driver's daughter as well...and what happened to Hyouketsu no Judgeness? How did Jack escape? Did everyone see the same thing in the cave? So many questions arising...

Still, the tension throughout the episode was awesome. Cant wait for next week.

I'm was literally watching this episode late at night and now I am terrified after the "Big Mitsumune," the stranger cry of whatever animal, and the frickin ghost girl. Also I think Jack used a rock or something to get out.
Apr 23, 2016 11:00 PM

Dec 2007
Guys, Jack wasn't an illusion. They went out of their way to show that his cell was open and empty. So whatever is going on with him isn't related to the monster, at least not in the form of that Jack having been an illusion.

I'm definitely thinking it's some sort of shapeshifting monster, though.
Ich verstehe nicht
Apr 23, 2016 11:01 PM

Jan 2016
Ultimate215 said:
This was quite an intense episode.

So i looks like they can't leave since they just go in circles. It's kinda like the mist from rokka no yuusha.

This really adds to the speculation as to what the hell is going on lol.

Now they got to find the killer instead of the seventh XD
Apr 23, 2016 11:39 PM

Oct 2015
Plot Twist: The delusions are brought on by Noah II terminals, and this show is secretly the prequel to Chaos;Head.<-------- The truest facts.
Apr 23, 2016 11:41 PM

Mar 2013
well, at least they seem to understand that the monster (whatever the hell it is) is a lot scarier when it's never seen at all than any design could possibly make it.
Apr 24, 2016 12:46 AM
Jul 2018
How predictable that chuuni was next to go, totally saw it coming after his egging Jack on last episode. RIP judeness, your childish delusion will be missed.

Dibs on the obnoxious PDA duo going in the next couple episodes hahaha, geddit, couple?

Wonder what the "giant mitsumune" was.

Supernatural hijinks seem to have come into play, why else would bus driver be seeing his dead kid? That's pretty sad, though.

Valkana's an ass, but I like him. He seems very driven to do what he feels is right, even threatening to kill the 'animal' himself. So is Mikage. Those take charge attitudes probably situtate them as the top two males for now, although Jack is certainly creeping up there if he survives for long... come onnn, Jack, come onnn..

Still needs more Lion, despite healthy doses of Maimai tsun'ing shit up.
Apr 24, 2016 1:09 AM

Jan 2011
Needs more Lovepon and Nanko, and give Narna some lines.
Apr 24, 2016 1:12 AM
Jul 2018
ReaperCreeper said:
Needs more Lovepon and Nanko, and give Narna some lines.

I concur about Narna, I adore her design and she has an interesting aura apparently she was a street musician or something too? yasss she needs more screentime before she dies

and Nanko too.

i'm not a fan of yangire or yandere characters for the most part, though it would be interesting to see lovepons backstory, since she apparently has a bad relationship with her dad (according to the site's description of her). I hope they at least get to showing more character backstories before they're killed off...
Apr 24, 2016 1:39 AM

May 2015
So...two dead so far. Judge guy and Yuttsun. Unless Judge was supposed to be able to survive a fall off a cliff (we didn't actually SEE him fall off the cliff...just fall down a hill...).

Jack has escaped (someone let him out or he got out on his own) and is following the group that left.

There is a monster? on the loose following the group that left.

The group that left found a giant Mitsumune? Whatever the hell that is. I was guessing the tunnel was filled/blocked with dead bodies of the old villagers but...ok.

And the bus driver is crazy. I wonder if the reason he changed his mind about joining them was if he saw his daughter...

Another thing to note is that map...why did they go in a huge circle? The compass wasn't freaking out like it would if they were in a Bermuda triangle type place (since GPS doesn't work and the compass didn't help them) so I have to wonder if that map was a fake?

This episode left me with more questions then answers.
(>'.')> I have Aspergers (Autism), so if I say something "rude" it doesn't mean I'm trying to be mean or rude! I state my mind and say things bluntly, I don't have a built in filter on what I say. So please don't jump to conclusions! <('.'<)
Apr 24, 2016 1:51 AM

Jul 2015
Still...

that giant Mitsumune though

Apr 24, 2016 2:18 AM
Feb 2015
way too many questions man

can we get some anwsers
Apr 24, 2016 2:20 AM

May 2014
Despite of the exagerrated and pretentious dialogues, it's still interesting. Damn Lion still as cool as ever.
And the most boring main character award goes to... Mitsumune
Apr 24, 2016 2:28 AM

Apr 2015
Oh My Arceus...
this anime really got my attention...
somehow, for me, this episode is way better than previous... 2 thumbs up
yep, still hate Mitsumune and that lovey-dovey couple...
RIP Hyouketsu no Judgness, and how Jack escape??
damn loli outta nowhere...
Really like Lovepon's Psychotic looks
Apr 24, 2016 2:45 AM

Sep 2009
I'm not really good when it comes to establishing theories but there were some things that bugged me!

One thing I immediately thought was that if I was in Koharus shoes I wouldn't hand over my one and only map instead I would hold on to it even if I don't plan to leave but just to be sure.

So that leads me to the idea that she purposely gave them a fake map so that they would get lost. It could be possible that she prepared two maps to begin with because she is one of the "culprits".

Another thing that comes to mind is that Mitsumune had these weird hallucinations inm the first? episode but we never got to see sth like that again so maybe there was some kind of accident when that scene happened?

I got the feeling that maybe MC is the most insane person and we are made to believe that he's just an annoying virgin so that the reveal will be even more shocking later.

Apr 24, 2016 3:09 AM

Apr 2016
i actually like this episode. I dont hv any problems with the MC and other characters being so bad and annoying, and I actually like it that way, so then i dont hv to sympathize too much with any of them, since there r like 30 of em!

I do have some speculations:
My first one would be: this lost village is actually cursed with something spiritual-related stuff, and that it can manipulate a person's mental and psychology and evoke their greatest fear, desire, regret, or despair, which kinda leads to how every one of them is hearing a different screaming noise; a human, a bear, etc. The bus driver even seeing his deceased daughter's spirit, cos that's probably the greatest pain that has been corrupting his mind.

Second: They are all probably already dead and just didnt realized it lmao.

it's nothing new or original in terms of plot i think, but i still enjoyed it so far.
Apr 24, 2016 3:15 AM

Feb 2015
I definitely agree that the monster/force or whatever it is changes based on who views it. All of them heard different sounds, the bus driver saw his daughter, Judgness saw Jack etc. I'm interested to see what its intentions are though.
Apr 24, 2016 3:59 AM

Jan 2015
I feel like I'm watching a bad B-horror movie play out...

I saw that most people think that everyone is suffering from hallucinogens or they're all dead and in purgatory. Both are good theories since everyone seems to be reacting differently, but the latter theory is more interesting.
Apr 24, 2016 4:11 AM

Oct 2010
This reminds me of M.Night Shyamalan's The Village too much.... I'm starting to think its inspired by it.

Best plot twist that could save this show is that the entire thing was a staged reality show and everyone was fooled into participating in it.
"People die when they are killed" - Emiya Shirou
Apr 24, 2016 4:40 AM

Mar 2016
It's slowly turning into a horror. I like it! :D But... giant Mitusumune.. wtf?
Jack - the best character in this show!
Apr 24, 2016 5:11 AM

Dec 2012
ippairena said:
i actually like this episode. I dont hv any problems with the MC and other characters being so bad and annoying, and I actually like it that way, so then i dont hv to sympathize too much with any of them, since there r like 30 of em!

I do have some speculations:
My first one would be: this lost village is actually cursed with something spiritual-related stuff, and that it can manipulate a person's mental and psychology and evoke their greatest fear, desire, regret, or despair, which kinda leads to how every one of them is hearing a different screaming noise; a human, a bear, etc. The bus driver even seeing his deceased daughter's spirit, cos that's probably the greatest pain that has been corrupting his mind.

Second: They are all probably already dead and just didnt realized it lmao.

it's nothing new or original in terms of plot i think, but i still enjoyed it so far.

I really like your theories, it would be great if that's what they turn out to be.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2016 5:47 AM
Oct 2015
this pretty much sums it up

Apr 24, 2016 6:08 AM

Oct 2015
"a giant Mitsumune" is that just pretty random or?...
I also don't really understand about the daughter thing like, did he see his daughter? has he been there before? she died but he saw her? O.o
can't wait for next ep for sure
Apr 24, 2016 6:11 AM

Apr 2015
Trying to view this not as supernatural, but a mystery and taking this seriously, they gave a big part of the truth already away. Having two persons who look like each other is something that should not be in a genuine mystery, so we can assume that the person the bus driver saw was actually his daughter. Knowing that she's dead leads to the conclusion that he is hallucinating and that the scene was seen through his perspective so the illusion was shown to the viewer. This theory is also supported by the fact that the daughter vanished as soon as other people, who didn't share his illusion, appeared and changed the viewpoint through which the story is told.

Connecting the events can lead to a theory like: The driver heard a knock on his bus door after everyone left. He saw his daughter standing there. She guided him to the village and he was secretly meeting her there. With that a theory could be made, that sets the driver as the culprit guided by the illusionary ghost of his daughter. However, the illusion may have had a completely different influence on him.

In the same style the appearance and sudden disappearance of Jack can be explained as an illusion of Judgeness. However, there was a frame that has shown his open cell without anyone around, so this maybe was from an objective viewpoint. It could also just be that Jack escaped, went there, and while Judgeness fell down, hid himself in the dark.

The "big Mitsumune" could also be explained as an illusion. The only other explanation could be a statue of him, but this would doom the plot to be utter shit.

The question that stays is, how much of everything is real.
Does the village even exist? (And if yes, I still want an explanation for how they found it and why the police can't find it even though they should have searched there for missing people)
Are the characters even alive?, etc.
My favorite theory is viewing the "tour to start a new life" thing as a metaphor for going to a psychiatry.

If the Anime actually pulls this illusion thing right this could actually be a pretty nice mystery (hell, it would even be in accordance with Knox Decalogue) and the plot could actually become pretty good. But I´m not sure if they will actually go that way.
Repeat_it_in_redJul 7, 2017 7:06 AM
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

412 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 23, 4:17 PM

» 2 years later: what's so bad about this show?

XXXXXXXXXIII - Nov 15, 2018

16 by MeanEYE »»
Jan 15, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2016

394 by Yugesai »»
Jan 9, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

200 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 7, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

303 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 6, 2023 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.