Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 19, 2016 12:53 PM

Oct 2015
"Is that even a God Arc" white haired blacksmith like girl.
Seriously this thing reminded me of the greatswords in Monster Hunter.
And thank you Lenka for saying that to Alisha cause she was annoying me a little.

I freaking hope Lindow ain't dead, cause if he is, well that will suck. A lot.
(He is my favourite character)
5/5 for Lenka's awesomeness
Mar 19, 2016 1:04 PM
Dec 2010
i was asking about memory resonance thing since in the game, Lindow is saved because protagonist do that to him, that memory thingy doesn't exist in the anime, Lindow is most probably dead imo

i don't think there will be a 2nd season, Shio is never hinted anywhere and most likely will never be, did Paylor ever talks about human-like Aragami in the anime?
Mar 19, 2016 1:41 PM

May 2015
That was one crazy big OP God Arc. Hopefully Lindow is not dead though, since I think I heard his voice during the preview. Wonder how they will end it all in next episode. S2 maybe? Great episode.

Mar 19, 2016 1:51 PM

Oct 2011
LINDOW NOOOOOOOOOO T________T
Mar 19, 2016 2:32 PM

Dec 2015
Really enjoyed this episode, fucking hell Lenka's new God Eater is huge, its like a fucking Rail Gun, a automatic one, I loved when he came down with it slaughter the Aragami. Good to see that Alisa has overcome that mind control with the help of Lenka of course. Lol at when she said "I'll make you Borscht" and Lindow reaction. He better not be dead... I really hope he isn't.

Mar 19, 2016 3:07 PM

Aug 2013
Well they have adapoted the events leading so far differently so I can't complain too much.

And as a few of us who played the game have guessed there will be a second season, or they might leave it like that as a hook for people to buy the resurrection game when it comes out.

I think that Lenka's Jinki will most likely start resembling a normal one after it purges more parts to show what blade it has. Likely as I guess Pita beat the crap out of Lenka's Jinki again resulting him in showing it's normal form. My theory which probably won't happen.

And chukkyjr I suggest you put all of what you said in spoilers as some might play the game after this only to have the ending spoiled..... then again I wonder do anyone care at this point in time?
Mar 19, 2016 3:44 PM

Oct 2015
I cant wait to see some top ten awesome anime weapons list feature lenkas super op god arc.
Mar 19, 2016 3:49 PM

Apr 2013
Yeah, this episode reminded of all the flaws the series has. During a life threatening situation facing the strongest opponent they've faced, Lenka and the group had a good 5 minutes of chatting in which Pita was probably just chilling and sipping his tea.

On a different note, I found the blonde dude going on about saving the world amusing because of the Kiritsugu parallel.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Mar 19, 2016 3:50 PM
Nov 2015
Milk_is_Special said:
I was literally thinking the exact same thing, like wtf, how could he lift that thing, but not a small iron thing that was laying on his dad, like wtf. Also, best character of the serie is dead so no poit in watching anymore xD

Haha this made me laugh so hard XD

Seriously? why wasn't goku able to turn super saiyan as a kid? Why wasn't eren jäger able to use 3d gear/turn titan as a kid? Why wasn't naruto able to use senjutsu, fox powers and sage powers when he was a kid?

Dude... growth in shounen anime and attaining powers when older is still a mystery to you, huh? It's like you skipped on the whole plot or just ignore the explanation as to how they're even able to fight those crazy battles and monsters in the first place.

Edit: As for Lindow, all you saw was his arm and some more signal breaking off ;)
GidarMar 19, 2016 4:01 PM
Mar 19, 2016 4:39 PM

Jan 2016
Great episode. I dont want Lindow to die. The team is just getting started.
Onei
Mar 19, 2016 5:20 PM

Apr 2014
Gidar said:
Milk_is_Special said:
I was literally thinking the exact same thing, like wtf, how could he lift that thing, but not a small iron thing that was laying on his dad, like wtf. Also, best character of the serie is dead so no poit in watching anymore xD

Seriously? why wasn't goku able to turn super saiyan as a kid? Why wasn't eren jäger able to use 3d gear/turn titan as a kid? Why wasn't naruto able to use senjutsu, fox powers and sage powers when he was a kid?

Dude... growth in shounen anime and attaining powers when older is still a mystery to you, huh? It's like you skipped on the whole plot or just ignore the explanation as to how they're even able to fight those crazy battles and monsters in the first place.

Edit: As for Lindow, all you saw was his arm and some more signal breaking off ;)
You know that that was a sarcastic comment right?
Mar 19, 2016 5:36 PM

Jan 2009
i doubt Lindow is dead
its good that Lisa overcome her trauma
and Lenka's god arc is like a fucking bankai lol
Mar 19, 2016 5:38 PM
Nov 2015
Milk_is_Special said:
Gidar said:

You know that that was a sarcastic comment right?

nice excuse :D

how would one know that? Its not like you included any hints like winks or anything ;)

nonetheless i laughed (like i said) . therefore your "sarcasm" served its purpose.
GidarMar 19, 2016 5:44 PM
Mar 19, 2016 6:13 PM

Jan 2008
I hope I'm not the only one who thinks Lenka's new god arc looks dumb as hell. It was probably because they rushed making it but it basically looks like a bunch of random god arc parts thrown together to make some cluster of metal.

As for Lenka, can't say I was happy with how it was shown in the anime but well, lets hope it shows a bit more next episode I guess.

Hope Alisa's finally over her fear.

With 1 episode left, the anime's gonna be missing so much. Honestly, if they never had those flashback scenes or as many as they did, they could have put in so much more.
Mar 19, 2016 6:24 PM

Jan 2015
Man God Eater gets better and better each week. Damn shame a S2 won't be coming.

Lindow why you RIP?
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Mar 19, 2016 6:32 PM

Aug 2014
G_Spark233 said:
RIP Lindow. I'm actually going to miss him.
xSkipi said:
RIP Lindow ;(
Xenocrisi said:
He already died lol
kyle8998 said:
I'll miss Lindow :(
TragicRomance said:
Rip, best character. You shall be missed...
qetou said:
Soooo.. they left Lindow alone fighting that thing, and then they are like... wtf, he died?! 0_o
bobzanny said:
Lindow why you RIP?

Aren't we all forgetting one of the first rules of anime? If there's no body then the person's not dead. If I'm wrong you're all free to tell me "I told you so" when we find out next episode xD

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Mar 19, 2016 7:07 PM

Dec 2013
MoonlightReverie said:
G_Spark233 said:
xSkipi said:
RIP Lindow ;(
Xenocrisi said:
He already died lol
kyle8998 said:
TragicRomance said:
qetou said:
Soooo.. they left Lindow alone fighting that thing, and then they are like... wtf, he died?! 0_o
bobzanny said:
Lindow why you RIP?

Aren't we all forgetting one of the first rules of anime? If there's no body then the person's not dead. If I'm wrong you're all free to tell me "I told you so" when we find out next episode xD

Lindow's bloody arm was hanging out of his mouth.
Mar 19, 2016 7:44 PM
Apr 2015
so did anyone else notice that flashback with lindow and renka the one showing renka as a kid are they related somehow?
Mar 19, 2016 8:16 PM

Jun 2013
I think Lenka's god arc is a little too big even by god arc standards. How the hell is he even controlling that monster? Lenka must be strong as hell if he's able to swing that bad boy around and still be in almost full control of it.

And if those hundreds of vajras weren't enough, Pita shows up to make things worse. So the more aragami consumed by one aragami, the more intelligent that one gets. It avoided Lindow's flash grenade, controlled the tree aragamis, and kept an eye out for any incoming fire from Lindow's backup. In the end, Johannes and his bastardness forced the party to split up with Lindow being left alone while the rest go to save the village.

Lol Lindow is so cool. He's about to die and he's sitting there lighting a cigarette. He's too cool for Pita. And the badass dies. That was so sad. Now who's gonna provide the show's badassery?

Johannes is sacrificing everyone to achieve his goals. He's having Alisa's doctor hack into the system and the doctor is also controlling Alisa while he's at it. And Alisa gets another break down thanks to the doctor. Johannes wanted Lindow to be killed since he knows what Johannes is up to, and he had the doctor have Alisa kill Lindow. Johannes did get his wish fulfilled, but it wasn't Alisa who killed Lindow, it was Pita. Thanks to Sakuya's slap, Alisa dropped her weapon, but came back to her senses which meant breaking down. Lenka knocked some sense into her and made her pick her god arc again and fight. And this ends Alisa's trauma for good.

Lenka continues to have a cool head in situations like this. He believed in Lindow and let him take care of things there. He knew that keeping Pita occupied was important because they can't afford to let Pita loose in the village while there are hundreds of vajras there already and they have to search for the aragami luring device too, on top of that. Lindow stalling Pita was important. At that moment, Lindow and Lenka considered saving the lives of those people to be more important than the life of Lindow. The two understood that their job as god eaters is to save the people, not to kill aragamis. The others let their emotions get the better of them.

And now with Lindow dead, the group has to deal with Pita and the vajra there along with searching for the luring device which is supposedly there. "Supposedly" because it's Lindow's theory – he doesn't know for sure whether there's a device in the village or not. But there is most likely a device there.

The big ass aragami which was spotted when Alisa was introduced, came into being by chowing down other aragamis. And Johannes wants to use that for his plan. Pita is nothing compared to that monster.

Judging by how things are going, I seriously doubt this series will have a conclusive end to the whole aragami thing – there will still be aragamis in the end, there will still be god eaters and neko. Only Johannes might not be there and they will take a different approach to dealing with all this neko, and part of that approach would probably be letting non potential god eaters to live in relatively safe places like fenrir.
Mar 19, 2016 8:38 PM
Jul 2018
They really make a great comeback after hiatus.... 3 episode and none of the disappointed me.....

Lenka new God-Arc was too overpowered lol...... and R.I.P Lindow (anyone notice this is some kind "Moon in the Welkin" from the game?), but still I cant believe he died.
Mar 19, 2016 8:54 PM

Feb 2014
Lenka's arm game omg that sword is huge
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Mar 19, 2016 8:54 PM
May 2013
Lindow lost his arm
Mar 19, 2016 9:30 PM

Mar 2016
hoping thats lindow not die,but its hand take off ;)
Mar 19, 2016 9:47 PM

Dec 2014
Lenka's God Arc is so huge, How does even balance it with his hands? xD

Loved the action, Lenka just ripped and blasted through those Vajra like they were nothing. Pita on the other hand is just messing with them.

Was pretty sad to see Alisa giving into the brain washing again but she finally snapped out of it, Thank goodness.

Lindow :( , He was my favorite character in the show. I honestly hope it's just an arm and that he's not actually dead.
Mar 19, 2016 10:38 PM
Jul 2018
Lindow Noooo!!!! COME ON DON'T FUCKING DO THIS TO BE UFOTABLE.

God damn it. WHYY ; x ;
Mar 19, 2016 11:55 PM
Jul 2018
j0sh said:
Alxanta said:

Lenka new God-Arc was too overpowered lol...... and R.I.P Lindow (anyone notice this is some kind "Moon in the Welkin" from the game?), but still I cant believe he died.

It was God Eater Burst where they added that mission, I dont know if they'll still do it in the show seeing as its the last episode next week, although I wouldnt mind another season haha.

My opinion that they need 2nd season, 1 ep just gonna be to rushed
Mar 20, 2016 12:08 AM
Mar 2016
I feel this episode made my heart throp with pain when I see lindow..I really want him alive like in game his armlet gone but in game his God arc save him
Mar 20, 2016 12:24 AM

Nov 2012
aw, is lindow really dead? i hope not :<
Mar 20, 2016 2:51 AM

Aug 2015
Very excited to see Lenka's new God Arc, can't wait for the finale episode though, so far, I think the series was far worth the wait. I'm going to be that guy that doesn't believe Lindow dies.
Mar 20, 2016 3:35 AM

Jan 2011
I swear ever since God Eater has returned from its delayed hiatus, these past few episodes have been amazing. This episode in particular was action-packed and quite emotional. The scene with Lenka getting his new God Arc weapon was such a badass moment. His God Arc is MASSIVE and obliterated heaps of Vajras at once, it was insanely awesome. I love how much of leader Lenka has become and Lindow has influenced him to be like that; I love that dynamic between the two.

Alisa finally broke down and started shooting like mad. Sakuya's slap did the trick though. Alisa was losing all hope when Lenka's speech encouraged her to get back on her feet and fight. Thank goodness Alisa is back to herself now and more caring. That moment when everyone was giving what seemed their final words to Lindow was very touching and bittersweet, especially Lenka's. So Johanne's child is actually Soma?! Whoa, I honestly didn't expect that. This Dyaus Pita is so overpowered god damn. Did Lindow die?! PLEASE NO!! Final episode next week is gonna be hype.
Mar 20, 2016 4:21 AM

Mar 2015
lindsayzzz said:
So Johanne's child is actually Soma?! Whoa, I honestly didn't expect that.

It been told in episode 9.
Mar 20, 2016 4:24 AM

Apr 2015
Lenka's God Arc is amazing... too big though.
i think Lindow doesn't die, maybe just lost an arm. probably hiding or something...
next epsiode will be the final episode right.
maybe there will be 2nd season or something.
Mar 20, 2016 4:34 AM

May 2010
MoonlightReverie said:
G_Spark233 said:
xSkipi said:
RIP Lindow ;(
Xenocrisi said:
He already died lol
kyle8998 said:
TragicRomance said:
qetou said:
bobzanny said:
Lindow why you RIP?

Well, then we can say "rip Lindow's arm" to be as accurate as possible.
Mar 20, 2016 5:15 AM

Feb 2014
Whether Lindow is dead or alive remains unclear, however, the fact that Pita was able to chew his arm off, which had the tracker in, means that if he's alive, then he can move around without the higher-ups looking at the map trackers knowing.

But doing that, he does need to prevent himself from bleeding to death though...

Lenka got his God Arc back, which was freaking OP as hell. Blasting hyper beams from the sky was just insane, then when his weapon that to dismantle in size, it still remained formidable as it wiped out most of the surrounding Vajras with relative ease.

For Lenka and his group, they now have to defend the settlement by the dam from the Vajras AND Pita while trying to complete their objective at the same time. Hopefully they'll be okay...
Mar 20, 2016 5:58 AM

Mar 2014
How the fuck was Lenka able to lift that gigantic thing
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 20, 2016 7:20 AM

Jul 2007
Comic_Sans said:

Shonen logic.

The same way a three sentence pep talk from the MC apparently is enough to cure a severe ptsd.
Mar 20, 2016 7:33 AM

Mar 2014
Fai said:
Comic_Sans said:

Shonen logic.

The same way a three sentence pep talk from the MC apparently is enough to cure a severe ptsd.
Makes sense

Can't wait for this piece of CGI shit to end
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 20, 2016 7:45 AM

Jul 2007
Comic_Sans said:
Fai said:

Shonen logic.

Makes sense

Its not CGI, actually. It is just very complex high contrast shading 2d animation. That's why this project was ridden with production issues. It takes a whole lot more time to do art style like this.

The fact that people confuse it with CGI astounds me as the art style is literally the only good thing about this mess.
Mar 20, 2016 7:52 AM

Mar 2014
Fai said:
Comic_Sans said:
Makes sense

Its not CGI, actually. It is just very complex high contrast shading 2d animation. That's why this project was ridden with production issues. It takes a whole lot more time to do art style like this.

The fact that people confuse it with CGI astounds me as the art style is literally the only good thing about this mess.
Oh? I didn't know. Thanks for the info

I'm not sure why they choose to go with this animation style though – I mean, it should've been obvious from the very beginning that it would take a lot of time to animate the series
Nico- said:
Mar 20, 2016 8:27 AM

Dec 2013
Question, so Lenka is the player's character in the game?

That God Arc was a physical impossibility.... how could he even lift it up???
I get the feeling that Alyssa still has to go through some additional therapy before she'll be able to overcome her trauma + brainwashing. Stuff like that doesn't just go away because of a Shounen talk.
Soma as a toddler was cute as heck. I feel sorry his dad turned out to be the antagonist of this show.
RIP Lindow.

Overall a good intense episode. Here's hoping that they'll follow the game story and give us a season 2.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 20, 2016 1:13 PM

Oct 2008
Lenka basically made Alisa get past her trauma of losing her parents right in front of her with just some goddamn magic words of encouragement. I mean, fuck specialists, what are they good for anyway when you can just use talk no jutsu?

One recurring thing from another episodes is how the characters are engaging the Aragami and somehow can talk like nothing is happening and without any kind of interruption. As someone pointed out in a post before, this episode remembered of why I considered the show bad in general, but i won't talk about every little thing because it's unnecessary nitpicking.

On a brighter note, The animation in this episode was the best up to now, in my opinion. The slow-mo was finally well applied when Lenka was slicing some Vraja and the flashback story continues to be quite engaging. I hope the last episode will be at least as decent as the past two.
LooliconMar 20, 2016 4:56 PM
Mar 20, 2016 2:05 PM

Sep 2013
Pita ATE Lindow ... lol ... what a sad end for him....looks like Pita will be hard to defeat ...

good to see some exclusive fanservice from underboobs again ...
Mar 20, 2016 2:09 PM
Jan 2016
The lesson from this episode is that depression can be cured just by telling a person that they are strong. #derp #alisa #stillamazingepisodeguysssss
Mar 20, 2016 9:41 PM
Jul 2007
That was some amazing animation.
Mar 21, 2016 12:56 AM

Jul 2007
L-Ryoshi said:
Question, so Lenka is the player's character in the game?

Lenka is anime original character. The player character in the game is....less exaggerated and less shoneny.

While game is just as shallow and lifeless as this, the other characters actually do get focus there and the time is not spent solely on showing what a great gary stu MC is

I get the feeling that Alyssa still has to go through some additional therapy before she'll be able to overcome her trauma + brainwashing. Stuff like that doesn't just go away because of a Shounen talk.

Yes in the game, no in the anime.

Overall a good intense episode. Here's hoping that they'll follow the game story and give us a season 2.

With how it has been tanking in ratings and sales, lol unlikely.
Mar 21, 2016 2:26 AM

Feb 2013
i gotta admit this show started out rough and i wanted to drop it too, but it's been hitting its stride for a while in my opinion. these last few episodes have been intense. looking forward to the finale.
Mar 21, 2016 3:25 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I think the guy who designed Lenka's God Arc is trying to compensate for something.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 21, 2016 10:13 AM
Jun 2013
too bad. It was obvious when Lindow gave Lenka an item... it's like passing on the torch leading up to this episdoe. 10/10! especial lenka's new GodArc
Mar 21, 2016 3:45 PM

Dec 2008
Well this is like a prequel to the game God Eater. I did read the "plot" of the game so if the anime really follow that story line I know what will happen to some characters (not going to say anything here). Anyway I'm really liking this anime a LOT! :)
I just have got a question: Doesn't Lindow and Lenka looks like brothers to you? lol
Mar 22, 2016 12:17 AM

Aug 2011
Lindow really better not be dead. He's like the best character of the series (OK maybe not but I like him the best. I'm bias, sue me if you can)
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » God Eater Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2015

636 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 5:53 PM

» Is this like the worst anime OST ever?

Kayle_x_Morgana - Apr 4, 2022

8 by RudeRedis »»
Mar 2, 7:39 AM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2016

255 by Suopi »»
Feb 21, 9:37 AM

» Is it good?

Bijou146 - Jan 18

15 by HenryLeo123 »»
Jan 19, 11:51 AM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

262 by Tropisch »»
Jan 4, 7:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.