Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 10, 2016 10:30 AM

Mar 2015
bobzanny said:

lezerman said:

Why are you saying "I think A1..." "A1....", the one that was responsible for this was the director, and maybe the series composition.

Lol okay, Itou Tomohiko knew the best part of the story.

He is the director, come on, he knows everything about his work.

Also, is the work of the composition to decide what should enter in the series, so yea, he knows what is the "best part" that shouldn't be rushed and is important.
Mar 10, 2016 10:30 AM

May 2012
I knew it was him! The whole time I knew it was him.

R.I.P. to my boy Satoru.

Damn this was a great fucking episode. I love it when a series straight out tells you who the bad guy is and you still like: "Yea right.No way." It one of those times where you don't have any proof, but you just know.

The second half was really good. I like how he was like this not my car. The setup was just to perfect. I didn't not epect him to just kill Satoru and then just leave town.

The best part to me was when the teacher basically said you won, which he did. Satoru saved all the girls from dying like in the original timeline, but at the cost of his own life. Sounds like the tragic tell of a hero to me.

Damn I'm hype to see next episode.
AntearionMar 10, 2016 10:41 AM
Mar 10, 2016 10:34 AM
Jul 2018
Antearion said:

You get Nobel prize for getting this first. Congrats!
Mar 10, 2016 10:35 AM
Sep 2013
Nice balance of calm and intense at the end. Even though the killer started to become obvious after episode 4. Imo on don't think that this show was aiming to be a real mystery. It was how It was going to be executed which I am fine how it was portrayed. They did a excellent way to build the tension with Satoru realization. I am not a manga reader so I dont know what was rushed or cut but I really enjoyed this episode.
Mar 10, 2016 10:35 AM

Jul 2015
Kinda obvious it was sensei but I actually love the way he twisted his way into making Satoru believe in him. Holy fuck Satoru is drowning and I can't wait for next episode!
Mar 10, 2016 10:39 AM

May 2012
xaos12 said:
Antearion said:

You get Nobel prize for getting this first. Congrats!

Thank you, thank you. You I try my best out here. Just doing me.
Mar 10, 2016 10:41 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Intense as fuck, great job here.
Mar 10, 2016 10:41 AM

Feb 2016
I nearly died from laught when Satoru couldn't reveal Teacher even if it was already obvious. But I am pretty dissapointed that there wasn't any moment of surprise and we knew for a loing time that it was teacher.

By the way, the title "The town where I am missing" makes sense now. He saved everyone but at the end he was the only one who died. (I know he didn't actually die, but he would've if he hadn't got "traveling in time" abilities).
So I wonder how he will go back to present this time.
Mar 10, 2016 10:42 AM

Aug 2013
I fcking knew it. I hope Satoru survives..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2016 10:43 AM

Dec 2011
I guess a lot of people go to the Shyamalan school of writing where everything has to be a big plot twist.
Mar 10, 2016 10:45 AM

Oct 2015
Yes! I know that all thas clue about kidnapped's identity can't be false.

I am amazed at how quickly became friends aya, is not believed that it would take more than just a meeting.
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Mar 10, 2016 10:46 AM
Aug 2010
ColdBreeze said:
Just want to ask: Why does this have the mystery tag?

Could someone explain it ..

IDK if it's accurate translation, but look at what it seems to be (self-?) genre'd at the bottom of Chapter 5 in the Manga.
Mar 10, 2016 10:49 AM
Jul 2018
It was pretty obvious from the moment that the teacher was introduced and the ending, but at the same time the series kept me interested more and more after a while despite the issues it had through the mystery aspect. But I want to know the how and the why.

I would actually ask if anyone can answer how much did the anime covered from the manga? Because as far as I'm concerned we only have two more episodes left and considering we would get a rushed as fuck ending or something along the lines, as far as I'm concerned, the series also kept on its own or maintained on its own weight of the show as a standalone apparently from what I heard. So as long as its not too noticeable it would be considered fine.

Although I do agree to some extent that the mystery aspect of the series was pretty lackluster and thats the only thing that degrades the series for me.

But the episode in itself was very good, it kept me intrigued and on the edge of my seat
Mar 10, 2016 10:50 AM

Nov 2015
Oh gosh, I was right, he was stalking Aya... He was the killer
But right now, i'm literally crying.
I want to see the next episode now
I'm pretty sure that he's alive.
I HOPE THAT HE'S ALIVE DAMN
huniedayMay 28, 2023 12:07 PM
Mar 10, 2016 10:52 AM

Jul 2015
I never really cared that much about tags and genres in general. You get to capture bits of a show's vibe not by reading reviews nor by checking out genres; rather by making a debut; by watching.
I also agree that the show isn't directly dealing with mystery, but particularly with featuring the attempts to solve a mysterious tragedy (from the characters' angel not viewers') in a non-traditional way, and building up suspense and chemistry between the characters throughout the series.
In that regard, this episode was dealt with decently, and the suspense was generated brilliantly (despite the fact that the culprit was obvious, which I consider as a success, to be honest). I am truly satisfied with the show so far. I kinda fear of the probable rushing for the upcoming episodes, but I cannot complain about that right now.
I was on the edge of my seat throughout the episode. My heart did ache a bit seeing Satoru helpless like that.
Great episode, 5/5
b-okiyaMar 10, 2016 10:55 AM
Mar 10, 2016 10:54 AM
Aug 2010
TheLittleRedHero said:
I would actually ask if anyone can answer how much did the anime covered from the manga?

First episode covered (and skipped a couple extra scenes) from the first 6 chapters.
Most of the episodes covered 2~3 chapters each, generally staying pretty faithful to the manga. (Maybe one flashback, and one dream cut?)
The latest 2 episodes covered 4 chapters each though, and had a little bit of content cut out of both.

It's currently covered 31 Chapters in the 10 Episodes aired.
There are 45 Chapters total, so 14 more chapters left for those last 2 episodes.

So they're going to have to trim the fat out of those chapters, but I still think the ending will be rushed overall. Here's to hoping they pull it off well.
Mar 10, 2016 10:56 AM

Dec 2014
Knew it was the teacher all along, No surprise there. Though I really liked how he revealed himself to Satoru. The instantaneous tension that "That's cause it's not my car" created was really great.
Yashiro caught Satoru completely off guard.

"Hideouts are a man's romance", Well said Yazu,Well said.

Good episode overall, Didn't feel rushed to me since I haven't read the manga.
Wonder how Satoru will survive now :o
Mar 10, 2016 10:57 AM
Jan 2016
Wow, are you guys seriously degrading this series just because this website with its self added genres, had a mystery tag.

This isn't a mystery, that's a fact, the fact that all of you people keep saying the mystery is bad, well there is a reason for that, because it's not a MYSTERY

Are you really going to follow myanimelists genres and think the anime is bad because it's not doing it's mystery well, when it wasn't even a fucking mystery in the first place.

The flaws you guys stated with the mystery aspect, is no flaw at all, because this isn't a mystery anime. Honestly
Mar 10, 2016 10:57 AM

Oct 2014
Drake1000 said:
They skipped some scenes but did the important ones justice, hopefully they can keep it this way for the last 2 episodes

Exactly, This.
Even as a Manga reader i didn't feel it was rushed at all. Sure they cut some stuff, but the important stuff was done really well.

Now let's see how they will adapt the 14 remaining chapters xD

Also, ch43 when?
Mar 10, 2016 10:58 AM

Aug 2015
Yeah it was the teacher. Obvious for some but even so the rest of the episode was really good. Trying to help out a new target and save an old one. Hats off to the MC because he might not make it. Sucks that he got careless and didn't take his teacher being a suspect seriously. But I expect the last two episodes to be something else.
So many boobs in fairy tail, it's crazy.
Mar 10, 2016 11:00 AM

Mar 2015
ryukan said:
intense episode.
before ya'll be like "hey that wasn't mystery at all, we all knew it was the sensei LOL"
i read somewhere that the show's point of view is not to make the viewer think a lot who the killer is and instead focuses on why and how.

And they did a good job in that aspect, but obviously ran out of ideas having to explain an killers miraculous ability to manipulate events without the protagonist's supernatural ability, so they simply had to leave the killer to monologue
Mar 10, 2016 11:00 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that wasn't exactly a surprising revelation but then again I don't think it was ever supposed to be
Mar 10, 2016 11:01 AM

Jan 2014
Death by seatbelt... gg that is really lame way to die, and here I thought that Satoru was actually a bit smart.. Also I know that he will survive but still.. mann up and do something!
Mar 10, 2016 11:03 AM

Feb 2012
bahaa_os said:
I never really cared that much about tags and genres in general. You get to capture bits of a show's vibe not by reading reviews nor by checking out genres; rather by making a debut; by watching.
I also agree that the show isn't directly dealing with mystery, but particularly with featuring the attempts to solve a mysterious tragedy (from the characters' angel not viewers') in a non-traditional way, and building up suspense and chemistry between the characters throughout the series.
In that regard, this episode was dealt with decently, and the suspense was generated brilliantly (despite the fact that the culprit was obvious, which I consider as a success, to be honest). I am truly satisfied with the show so far. I kinda fear of the probable rushing for the upcoming episodes, but I cannot complain about that right now.
I was on the edge of my seat throughout the episode. My heart did ache a bit seeing Satoru helpless like that.
Great episode, 5/5

You summed up my feelings pretty well. This series is more of a mystery from characters' point of view, whilst the viewers get to experience tension from knowing who the killer is and seeing how he interacts with the 'detectives'. I like this non-conventional approach which is different from the sudden PLOT TWIST effect most mysteries have.

It is a shame that producing and airing episodes is so expensive as adding two additional episodes would have been able to lay out the events of the manga better without having to cut scenes out. At least the final effect is good for the anime watcher.
Mar 10, 2016 11:04 AM
Jul 2018
Holy cow they skipped over so much stuff, yet it doesn't feel that way at all. Pretty good episode :) 4/5
removed-userMar 10, 2016 11:08 AM
Mar 10, 2016 11:05 AM

Mar 2013
I was fine with the reveal and whatnot for the most part, but this shot

looked so ridiculously over the top, and not in a good way. It made me laugh. Was the scene supposed to be funny? Mission accomplished if that's the case.

That moment when sensei says that it's not his car was great though. Very tense. Well done by the voice actor.

Jul 2014
You know, even though I felt that the killer was really obvious the entire time, it still feels like it was handled pretty well to me. The entire show I was thinking "No, it can't be. That's too obvious" and the thing is that's really similar to what Satoru was thinking as well. Deep down he knew it but dismissed those feelings, just like I did. So I felt that really brought me into Satoru's head and was pretty clever in its own way.

Jan 2016
The first time I saw the sweets from the teacher's car I knew he would somehow be related to the killer later xD However, neither the teacher or Satoru won the battle... The enemy got his plans frustrated by a future boy and the hero is about to die 'in reward' of those actions... Damn!

Waiting for the last episodes ^^
THANKS SENPIEX
Mar 10, 2016 11:09 AM

Jan 2008
King Lear!? That's some heavy reading for a 10 year old. I didn't read that until grade 10 and still barely understood it. And did anyone else notice it, but Satoru was the one indirectly responsible for his friend and Aya getting closer? If they hook up in the future, they know who to thank.

Many other people knew it was him as well, but for small number of imbeciles that doubted me and other people with common sense: I told you so--In your face! I fucking called it from the start at the beginning of the series, well before I even spoiled myself by reading the ERASED wiki. It was in fact a little too easy because there were blaring hints at both the start and well throughout the show, as if saying "nah, it can't be him, it's too easy."

Those lines "The essence of good deeds and evil deeds is the same. They're both no more than a person's actions to make up for the defect in themselves." They're good lines, but a little too on the nose, so to speak. Even Satoru retorts (to himself) "that's an extreme way of thinking"....the extreme way of thinking of a murderer! Shit, the entire conversation was practically screaming "I'm the culprit" right in front of Satoru, well before he revealed it himself.

I'm not surprised that in trying to save other people who are left "alone" he failed to see that he left himself all alone...with the abductor/murderer! And thus, Satoru was the alternative to the previous 3 targets, and Misato.

I'm glad Satoru acknowledged his mistakes in disregarding the major red flags and doubts he had about the teacher, due to his own blind trusting nature. But If i had his kind of knowledge of the future, I would have come more prepared from the start, like carrying around a pocket knife (which would have come in handy right about now), even one as simple as a keychain knife, or anything! And yet, he full went in, tackling a known kidnapper/murderer with nothing but his future knowledge and the weak body of a 10 year old (without full control of his special ability, or knowing how it affects his own mortality). Even Conan never went anywhere without his detective tools, and he faces murderers almost daily. Now I know why all he ever amounted to in his late 20's was a pizza delivery guy, lol.

The rip in the film...symbolic of his memory being ERASED? I'll show myself out now.
Mar 10, 2016 11:10 AM
Jul 2018
THOSE BLACK GLOVES ... Satoru wtf man ; - ;
Mar 10, 2016 11:11 AM

Jan 2016
Okay, I thought that because the teacher was the prime suspect (in fact the only real suspect other than some kind of crazy multiple kidnapper gambit) and that because it was too obvious, because all signs pointed to him being a creepy kidnapper, that it meant that there was no way that he was the actual kidnapper

psyched myself out there

Aug 2008
No surprise there. It was obvious sensei is the bad guy. Now, we need to know why. Still an intense episode. I didn't expect them to reveal the killer now. I thought it's going to be like last episode.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jul 2018
Well it was the obvious answer for the killer, but it did make a lot of sense and his plot to capture Satoru and kill him this episode were handled extremely well. His evil reveal/ monologue was great. This episode felt a lot better paced than the last one which I was worried about, but this episode was fantastic. 5/5 episode and possibly ends with biggest cliffhanger so far.
Mar 10, 2016 11:13 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
Disappointing. Was anyone surprised? At all? The show blatantly gave hints for many episodes now without any other suspect at all. It stopped being a mystery when we all had one sole suspect. It did make me hope they tried to focus on the teacher to distract us from the real murderer but nope, it was as predictable as they set it up to be...

I generally have various problems with the main hero. He never really thinks things thoroughly and he never ever thought about the murderer. His focus was only about saving the people that he never stopped to think that unless he found who they were, the murderer would never stop the murders.... Did he think he would be able to save EVERYONE forever? And he was stupid enough to share ALL HIS PLANS with him... I understand trusting him, but you are 28 years old and you should know better to keep an eye on everything and everyone to make sure. It's just bs to just say "well, my mom was there and I trust her, so fuck the list". The whole plot just seems to serve only one part of the mystery and treats the audience like it's stupid. I was frustrated with a lot of his actions. And even in this episode, he kept trying to disengage his safety belt and never thought that HE CAN ACTUALLY JUST PULL FROM THE OTHER SIDE TO MAKE IT LOOSE AND LEAVE. Even I could get out of there and he's a smaller size with more flexibility. Ofc the teacher could catch him and kill him otherwise, but the thing is that the whole thing was stupid since he never even thought about it. He's 28 for crying out loud... Instead of warning him, he could have tried using his brain once to get out... He even had some few seconds before the car fell into the river...

Well, I can say some nice words about the atmosphere of the episode. Putting aside the stupidity of how one-way driven the plot is and how stupid the main is and how predictable everything is, the scene in the car had a lot of impact. But that's pretty much it.

Such a shame it is... I expected a greater development :/
Mar 10, 2016 11:13 AM

Oct 2007
bobzanny said:
Hmm so we go back to episode 1 where they rushed the content and took away from the characters...expected but disappointing.

Funny how A-1 took their time with Kayo's arc yet rushed everything else, it's like they new what was the best written part of the series.

Anyway I like the beginning of the foreshadowing with the light turning from yellow to red thought that was nice, and I really enjoyed the tension with Yashiro, was well done. I think A-1 should've cut the OP and ED from the episode to add time for the Yashiro's backstory since it was very engaging and added a lot to his character, especially since this show is not about the mystery but about characters and their struggles.

Cause Kayo's arc is the sob story with the popular VA which is one of the few things A-1 comprehends. Crying/dying girls->attached otaku->more profit potential is the theory no doubt. Nothing else matters much beyond that.

ColdBreeze said:
If only the "why" and "how" are enough to define a mystery anime .. there are a ton of anime who follow the same scheme which haven't got the mystery tag. The mystery lacks a bit imo.

Nvm the outcome was a bit predictable but still ok - good

It's not really a mystery anime but one of those J-Drama tragiporn things.

And yes the shows primary antagonist looks bloody ridiculous, but what can you expect from A-1? Subtlety? Does that even make more money?
Mar 10, 2016 11:14 AM

Dec 2014
Eh. Two episodes left, wonder how it'll end.

VanishingKira said:
The teacher being the killer was so obvious,you have to be one dense mofo to not be able to see that.
Mar 10, 2016 11:15 AM

Jul 2012
It was the teacher all along I was right!!!

~Great episode!!!
Mar 10, 2016 11:17 AM

Nov 2012
this episode was really intense, it was great.
i don't really see why it matters that the killer was obvious, for me at least it was never the main appeal of the series anyway. oh well.
Mar 10, 2016 11:18 AM

Feb 2016
I had bed feeling about the teacher from the get go! It's always the ones who are close enough but at a safe distance that can do the most harm and I swear Satoru would have figured it out. I just hope Satoru doesn't die :(
Mar 10, 2016 11:19 AM

Jul 2015
ColdBreeze said:
Just want to ask: Why does this have the mystery tag?

Could someone explain it ..

The mystery is finding out why it has a mystery tag
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 2016
Also I anticipated that this series was going to continue for another 12 episodes so I'm like, "teach wont be the killer, this is going to get really good and complicated"

but then no

Dec 2015
did satoru really die? nooooooo :'(
Mar 10, 2016 11:20 AM

Jul 2014
Tamamitsune said:
Wow, are you guys seriously degrading this series just because this website with its self added genres, had a mystery tag.

This isn't a mystery, that's a fact, the fact that all of you people keep saying the mystery is bad, well there is a reason for that, because it's not a MYSTERY

Are you really going to follow myanimelists genres and think the anime is bad because it's not doing it's mystery well, when it wasn't even a fucking mystery in the first place.

The flaws you guys stated with the mystery aspect, is no flaw at all, because this isn't a mystery anime. Honestly

While it's true that Erased isn't so big on the "mystery" despite being tagged and labeled as such, it still *presents* itself at least *somewhat* as a mystery, because there's actually an *unknown* killer on the loose and *part* of the end-objective is finding out who he/she is and delivering justice, with clues and red herrings (like the fact that the culprit knows Hiromi is male, as well as Sachiko's reaction to seeing the culprit after getting stabbed in episode 1) and some investigation-like moments strewn about the story. This isn't Death Note, where it's *explicitly shown* to us right from the beginning that Light is the "culprit". But then as the plot went on, the mystery became increasingly obvious and so that's why people are saying it's not the focus. And I can actually agree with that, but the problem is that Erased was *too* obvious and blatant. I'm not asking for mindblowing twists, but I feel Erased could've put in some more effort into actually making this an interesting mystery (for starters, include some more reasonable suspects; Yashiro was really the only possible one).

So basically, Erased may not be strictly a full-fledged mystery, but it has *some* mystery elements in its presentation, and that is why I will not excuse or ignore the obvious, in-your-face treatment of them, regardless of its tags and labels. It's understandable that some people would feel at least *a little* disappointment with the obvious culprit reveal, and I don't think it's right to blame them for supposedly having "wrong expectations".
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"
Mar 10, 2016 11:21 AM
Feb 2015
I love how there is a title at the top of the discussion that says to not mention the manga and to only talk about the anime, yet almost every sort of judgement of the show is coming from the comparison of the show and the manga. What is the point of that line if no one listens to it. I will agree that they did cut out a lot compared to the manga, but you are supposed to be reviewing the show not the adaption from the manga.
Mar 10, 2016 11:23 AM

Oct 2015
Intense episode,sadly already knew he was the killer.Loved the hideout conversation,it was great.
Mar 10, 2016 11:24 AM

Apr 2015
Damn you Sensei >=l.

Rip Saturo.

Mar 10, 2016 11:25 AM

Dec 2014
I had a feeling that the teacher was involved but I seriously did not see that coming.... OOOoh can't wait for the next episode
Mar 10, 2016 11:25 AM

Jul 2014
LadyNightmare said:
bahaa_os said:
Great episode, 5/5

You summed up my feelings pretty well. This series is more of a mystery from characters' point of view, whilst the viewers get to experience tension from knowing who the killer is and seeing how he interacts with the 'detectives'. I like this non-conventional approach which is different from the sudden PLOT TWIST effect most mysteries have.

It is a shame that producing and airing episodes is so expensive as adding two additional episodes would have been able to lay out the events of the manga better without having to cut scenes out. At least the final effect is good for the anime watcher.

Exactly this. It was more of a mystery from the characters' point of view.

Knowing who the killer is and watching the MC alone in a car with him adds so much more tension than not knowing who the killer is and watching the same scene.
Mar 10, 2016 11:26 AM
Feb 2012
Shame, hoped the culprit was someone else. It just seems to obvious.
Mar 10, 2016 11:26 AM

Feb 2014
Some people saying you have to be dense to not know i4 was the teacher or it was obvious...

That's the problem I thought the show was being smart, trying to make suspects sudpicious just to add to the shock factor that its not them.

Im really disappointed by the reveal. Brought the show down from a 10 to 8 or 9 for me.

Where's the mystery when the culprit was obvious from episode 2? I was hoping for a suprise and I thought even though they want to frame the teacher as the killer they would lead us away from the real killer.

Oh wellllll...
Pages (19) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1399 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1108 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

581 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 12:06 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.