Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Mar 5, 2016 1:05 PM

Aug 2010
I was paralyzed when they hurt Mary, thank god she was okay after it! She's definitely my favorite character. I liked the last scene with Haru, too. I kind of ship them now hehe.

Oh, and the part when they give Manato his badge... the feels :_) I actually got misty eyes during this scene....
Mar 5, 2016 2:34 PM
Mar 2012
Wait if yume calls haruhi haru. It means Mary is actually in fact calling haru, hal. He did mention that its the first time any bodycalled him that right?
Mar 5, 2016 8:58 PM
Mar 2016
The song in the middle of the Battle is a bit unnecessary.

But, On the end it made me teared up a bit.
Mar 5, 2016 10:48 PM

May 2011
I actually liked the insert songs for the past two eps :x
Mar 6, 2016 4:13 AM

Oct 2013
Let's just call it Hai to Gensou no Insert Song.
Mar 6, 2016 8:54 AM

Oct 2008
froskyfrost said:
Wait if yume calls haruhi haru. It means Mary is actually in fact calling haru, hal. He did mention that its the first time any bodycalled him that right?

Yume call him "Haru-kun". Merry does it differently by calling him just "Haru", without honorifics. The translation didn't use honorifics so they came up with Hal to make the two different.
"There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force."
The Jedi Code
Mar 6, 2016 5:28 PM

Mar 2015
Interesting. I really thought that Mary would be next lol, but I think they are not going to kill anymore characters now.

Mary calling Haru without suffix? Whoa, was she close with Haru in the real life? It could also explain why Haru cared so much about Mary and not giving up on her like the others. They could've been childhood friends or something.

Also that ending scenes... S.S. Mary is sailing! Finally a ship that I want to board.

Mar 6, 2016 9:58 PM
Jan 2016
The vocals for the ending theme this time was done by Shihoru's VA
Mar 7, 2016 8:31 AM

Apr 2015
I'm now playing other music when they do background music. Dear Hunter, Newsom and Glasvegas worked fairly OK

I don't think they script fight scenes particularly well. Passable week outside of that
Mar 8, 2016 1:39 AM
Mar 2012
The goblin base fight was very enjoyable. Haru x Yume fought smooth together. Nicely animated details, even during short blue goblin struggle, how blood flows over the dagger, and his punctured hand clenching a moment before limping. They're discovering how smart goblins can fight, and trying to adjust (though they don't seem to have made any plan B's or safety measures, just charge in). Some cool perspectives & short slo-mos for Haru & Ranta. Shirohu got braver.
Lots of brutal stuff, rip chess playing goblins. Decoy & shoot healer was a smartly done on goblin side.
Lots of feels for Manato's badge and Mary.
Shihoru had no pin in one graveyard shot and back in another cut. Was bit confusing how Haru got another sword on the roof, but realized Yume gave him offscreen.
2nd half was quite slow, but felt like series end. Hal & Mary alone in beautiful snow.
Mar 8, 2016 12:04 PM

Dec 2013
Such a beautiful episode.
Mar 8, 2016 5:03 PM
Jul 2018
Really loved this episode, especially that scene at the grave.
Mar 9, 2016 8:56 AM
ざわ・・ ざわ・・

Oct 2012
It feels like they're grouping together to cry over the lost healer with feels music every damn episode. Weren't you supposed to get over it? It would be more okay if he actually was a character we knew anything about aside from that he's a good person and leader.
Mar 10, 2016 7:33 PM

Jan 2011
yhfxirai said:
It feels like they're grouping together to cry over the lost healer with feels music every damn episode. Weren't you supposed to get over it? It would be more okay if he actually was a character we knew anything about aside from that he's a good person and leader.

Within the light novel this is basically the conclusion of the first volume. After they killed the goblins that killed Manato which happens on this episode, they start to move on.
Mar 11, 2016 12:02 AM

Dec 2015
Nice episode, the battle was a bit long but it was not videogame-like and gave some insight on the goblins (I wish we knew more about them, since they're clearly not dumb savage beasts but very humans-like). The second part felt like they were finally closing the Manato mourning "story", not too soon for a short anime like this.
Xenocrisi said:
The goblins were seriously hilarious in this episode. They should be added in the support cast.

Is there noone releasing the ONA Goblin omake? I would like to watch them.

Each time they put some song in the background, I would gladly replace it with a Kajiura piece.

The snow drop is great and marks the time flow but how did we end up suddenly with winter snow falls ? (I thought the first episodes were around spring/summer, the mourning took a hell lot of time!)
Rei_IIIMar 11, 2016 12:12 AM
Mar 12, 2016 9:33 PM

Dec 2013
It's about time they buy their priest some armor
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Mar 13, 2016 5:24 PM

Sep 2009
Poor goblin-chan :'o
Insert songs are awesome btw
Mar 15, 2016 7:37 PM

Aug 2013
This could have been the end of the season for me and I would have bought it. It was an amazing episode, and I can't wait to see what's next.

I see a lot of people talking about "insert songs", but I haven't even noticed them. I don't usually pay attention to songs aside from the opening and ending songs, so the insert songs haven't changed my feelings for this show.

I was shipping Yume and Haru, but I prefer Mary and Haru way more now. They're both more mature and aware.

Ranta's still annoying, and I don't see him changing much, but I guess it's there.

Moguzo is probably my favorite character thus far. He's such a softie.
Mar 17, 2016 5:13 AM

Jul 2009
I am glad they were able to get their revenge! But it was a very sad episode, whenever I see Manato's grave I can't help but feel sad... =/
Mar 17, 2016 5:34 AM

Mar 2011
Memorable episode! 5/5.

Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite…
A lie will remain a lie.

Mar 18, 2016 9:36 AM

Jan 2016
Wow this is so bad. I should've dropped it long time ago. Easily the worst anime of this season.
DROPPED.

2/10
Mar 18, 2016 4:38 PM

Oct 2012
So Manato is finally avenged, dagger retrieved and Mary smiled.. guess the first arc is over then.

The fight was intense this time and the simple gesture they did at his grave was very touching.

I also liked the moment Haru and Mary shared in the end, would be actually nice if they had grow feelings to each other in the future.
Mar 18, 2016 7:34 PM

Jan 2008
Saitosen said:
This could have been the end of the season for me and I would have bought it. It was an amazing episode, and I can't wait to see what's next.

I see a lot of people talking about "insert songs", but I haven't even noticed them. I don't usually pay attention to songs aside from the opening and ending songs, so the insert songs haven't changed my feelings for this show.

I was shipping Yume and Haru, but I prefer Mary and Haru way more now. They're both more mature and aware.

Ranta's still annoying, and I don't see him changing much, but I guess it's there.

Moguzo is probably my favorite character thus far. He's such a softie.

I don't understand why people don't like these insert songs? What's wrong with them in general... lol?

I loved this episode!! The fight scene was amazing! It's nice to see how far they've come from their nub days, though it's still nice that they aren't 1 hitting everything.~

I knew they would buy the tag things for Manato, I still teared up tho!
Mar 27, 2016 3:10 PM
Dec 2014
This was the best episode of the show so far.
Mar 29, 2016 7:00 AM

Nov 2011
Let's say that I did not seem appropriate, in the narrative, visas contexts at the beginning of episode, and in the end, were in a sense "out of place", a little forced. Narratively I liked the view slowly once again, I hope that the chapter on Manato is finished, I think now we need to get on with the story. Drawings a bit down in quality.
Apr 3, 2016 6:44 AM

Jul 2012
painfully mediocre as usual.

stop trying to induce feels with such little substance.

fuck that insert song that played 5 minutes into the episode.
Apr 3, 2016 7:47 AM

Apr 2015
Mayuka said:

What little substance are you talking about?
Apr 3, 2016 7:49 AM

Jul 2012
Tylaen said:
Mayuka said:

"oh no our friends died and impacted our lives"
"guys, cry about it"
"it's so sad. listen to this insert song"
Apr 3, 2016 7:53 AM

Apr 2015
Mayuka said:
Tylaen said:

"guys, cry about it"

That tells me nothing at all about your problem.
Apr 3, 2016 7:59 AM

Jul 2012
Tylaen said:
Mayuka said:
"guys, cry about it"

fight me in ep 12 discussion once i finish watching it :^)
Apr 3, 2016 8:05 AM

Apr 2015
Mayuka said:
Tylaen said:

fight me in ep 12 discussion once i finish watching it :^)

When I get off my phone, maybe ;_;
Apr 7, 2016 8:20 AM
Dec 2009
I like the idea of them paying respects to the monsters they kill. Made me think about how in video games I just grab loot and keep running. But in real life everything would be so much different. I feel like this show is teaching everyone who has ever thought "I wish my life was a fantasy RPG" that in reality that kind of life would be horrible.
Apr 13, 2016 7:07 PM

Feb 2013
OMG they let Mary get arrow'd! Self-heal FTW.

Goblin murderers... Goblins have families too ya know...

Good episode.
Apr 17, 2016 9:07 AM
Apr 2016
This episode was really amazing,,, and can anyone tell me the name of the song played when the comrades where paying there respect to manato.. Please name of that insert song for anyone who knows it?
PhinhokimApr 17, 2016 9:10 AM
Apr 18, 2016 6:11 AM

Jul 2014
This anime is really overdoing the insert songs in almost every episode but I like them, they fit the scenes so well.

Glad Mary finally opened up, I hope she gets closer to Haru/the group~
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Apr 23, 2016 4:22 AM

Oct 2013
just about had a heart attack when Mary was shot in the back the same way Manato was >_>

I actually kind of felt bad for the goblins... this episode highlighted their humanity, then the party comes in and slaughters them. The one lanky dude sitting half-dead in front of the blood-drenched chess table gave me some feels.

This was just an incredibly melancholic and emotional episode despite the fact the plot point surrounding Manato's death feels over-played by now. The grave scene made me a bit misty eyed, even. I would've accepted this as a series finale, tbh.

I do hope they move onto new story development immediately now that there seems to have been some sort of resolution with their fallen comrade and Mary has finally found a place of comfort with them.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Apr 28, 2016 6:58 AM

Apr 2014
Im finding the abundance of people complaining about the insert songs way more annoying than the actual insert songs.
May 15, 2016 10:09 PM

Sep 2011
The pacing in this anime is as if every episode is the last one. Its so funny!

That being said, I do like the pacing because that means we might get a second, third, and fourth season. :D
May 17, 2016 11:10 PM

Mar 2014
icanhazqnime said:
Im finding the abundance of people complaining about the insert songs way more annoying than the actual insert songs.
Same, lol

Honestly they seem to fit the scenes pretty well. Don't seem out of place to me.
Jun 30, 2016 7:41 PM

Apr 2015
Great progress throughout this episode, guess they finally found their resolve. The inserts songs really set a beautiful mood and atmosphere.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2016 7:44 PM

Sep 2013
Why did they had Shihoru's VA sing the ED song in this episode? I find that weird...
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Aug 5, 2016 11:50 AM

May 2012
Lovely action in this but then again that ending was quite melodramatic again.
Aug 24, 2016 7:09 AM

Jul 2013
This show really like their songs huh.. but can we move on with Manato already? He's dead you avenged him and got yourself a new priest move the fuck on.

Also goblins playing chess? That's interesting.
Apr 3, 2017 8:20 AM
Feb 2015
trillshit said:
is no one infuriated how slow this anime is? had me nodding off...

do you realize they've been fighting goblins for more than 50% of the anime? what level are they and how much experience do goblins give you? wouldn't they be far experienced already by now? how much are those goddamn volunteer medals? what the fuck is grimgar? what timeline are they from before they came to grimgar? what happened to the rest of the other characters that were with them from the start? how long are they going to mourn manato? it's been 8 fucking episodes -- are they going to cry every single time with that depressing insert song in the BG for every episode? how long are we going to keep saying manato is a good guy? can we get over it already? they don't even know the guy or where he's really from. can mary use other defensive magic other than heal? who the fuck is Hal?

these questions are yet to be answered -- GOOD questions with no answers in sight. and we are already on episode 8.

what i learned from this anime for far: death sucks. well, no shit.

honestly, this should have been the last episode. i haven't read the LN, but i don't plan on reading it anytime soon if it's this excruciating.
trillshit said:
is no one infuriated how slow this anime is? had me nodding off...

do you realize they've been fighting goblins for more than 50% of the anime? what level are they and how much experience do goblins give you? wouldn't they be far experienced already by now? how much are those goddamn volunteer medals? what the fuck is grimgar? what timeline are they from before they came to grimgar? what happened to the rest of the other characters that were with them from the start? how long are they going to mourn manato? it's been 8 fucking episodes -- are they going to cry every single time with that depressing insert song in the BG for every episode? how long are we going to keep saying manato is a good guy? can we get over it already? they don't even know the guy or where he's really from. can mary use other defensive magic other than heal? who the fuck is Hal?

these questions are yet to be answered -- GOOD questions with no answers in sight. and we are already on episode 8.

what i learned from this anime for far: death sucks. well, no shit.

honestly, this should have been the last episode. i haven't read the LN, but i don't plan on reading it anytime soon if it's this excruciating.
that was funny and true those questions need to be answered
Apr 10, 2017 7:37 AM
Dec 2015
Great episode. I haven't felt that on edge watching a fight in a while.
May 20, 2017 1:04 AM

Dec 2012
Mary finally called them friends. She called him Haru.
Dat insert song.
Dat booty.
Dat Mary oppai.
Dat Shihoru no pantsu booty!
HOLY SHIT! Deja vu!
Haruhiro avenged Manato.
Mary lives!
Dat insert song!
They got a badge for Manato.
Dat walk away.
Dat lit up face.
Cockblock bell.

We are the Goblin slayers!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 22, 2017 9:18 PM

Mar 2012
I still don't understand how they have such a hard time against goblins. The fight was decent but makes you think how they're supposed to survive against stronger opponents if goblins are still giving them such a hard time.
Jun 18, 2017 4:32 AM
Jul 2018
Here that have shown goblins to be sentient being, so hunting and killing them make no sense, especially main characters being ok with it
Jun 18, 2017 9:24 PM

Oct 2014
Teared up a little bit when they got tags for Manato too and put them on his grave. Nice scene, and a good overall episode. Also liked the battle scene and the little chat with Haru and Mary at the end, but I still don't get where Hal came from (Haruhiro)?

I honestly felt bad when the goblin was basically dead sitting in front of his chess match, but changed my mind when they revealed that was fake and a surprise attack. Glad the party got revenge for Manato in the end
Aug 22, 2017 6:48 PM

Jul 2013
That was a loooot of action this episode.

From their ritual they always have before they fight developed something really important. The bond between everything definitely got stronger of that. Funny how Mary calls Haruhiro just Haru :)

The fight against these goblins which are responsible for Manatos death was intense. Even with all these new skills and the armor/weapons it didn't looked easy for them.
I was shocked when I saw that arrow in Marys back, especially the fight was almost over. It was the same goblin who shot in Manatos back.

I'm so glad Haruhiro could fight and beat him. He and Yume made a good team. Also everyone did a good job, you can see how much stronger they got since Manato died.

The scene at the graveyard was so emotional, especially Shihoru misses Manato the most :(
If I didn't knew Hai to Gensou no Grimgar has 12 episodes I would have guessed that was the final episode with the OST in the background. Was a nice gesture that they gave Manato also the badge for a voluntary soldier.

The conversation between Haru and Mary was on point. I don't think they could have done it better. Mary finally showed some emotions and shared her feelings. Her smile was so cute, I hope we will see that more in the future :)
Natsu88Aug 22, 2017 7:26 PM

Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

430 by ChewySlimeI »»
Apr 24, 4:57 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2016

463 by T-h-u-n-d-e-r »»
Apr 22, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

281 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 14, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2016

206 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 13, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2016

176 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 13, 12:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.