Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 27, 2016 5:00 AM

Jan 2015
Well if he wouldn't save Sherry he would be a big _ _ _ _, as he saved her he is now a pedo.
If he didn't do that Sherry would most likely be raped and then tortured, and I'm sure Sugawara knew that and that' why he saved her. Also when he refused to help her it was the answer of the diplomat and the vice minister said that it's only a diplomat's.
Feb 27, 2016 5:09 AM

Jul 2011
Tom_Kosken said:

Pinas knights and guards seem useless. Innocent people are being chased and butchered right in front of them and they just stand around like dorks but nah who cares right.

BEEFEATER really? Beef-Eater? So now we got Soul Eater, God Eater, Beef Eater... whats next?

They are only following orders, which is to protect the Jade Palace, plus their numbers are very small, so they can not do much. You need to remember, the Knights are only one division of the whole Empire. Pina's own little private security army.

Also BEEFEATER is a British Gin (http://www.beefeatergin.com/). All the names are based off drinks.

Quoting from
511423214989:

Diabo/Diablo=a brand of beer.
Pina co Lada=coctail.
Zorzal= Argentinan wine.
Panache=Panache Liquor Inc.
Suizes=absinthe suissesse
Sherry=Sherry.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 27, 2016 5:31 AM

Feb 2014
The more I see of Zorzal and Tyuule, the more I want Rory of anyone else to completely vaporize the disgusting pieces of crap. D<

Thanks to the Chasers group, poor Sherry lost her home and her parents, having no choice but to escape with Castel for their lives. Even under this much pressure, Sherry's intelligence came into play again as she got a good piece of intel about the guards of Jade Palace.

Although they made it to their destination, they were unsuccessful with their attempt to enter Japan. Then along came the Chasers, who caught and led away Castel and were trying to do the same to poor Sherry. Thankfully, Suguwara used his common sense, and thanks to the old guardsman, Sherry was reunited with her future husband with a lovely embrace.

I know that Suguwara will end up with the tag 'lolicon' on his name, but from what I've seen between these two, their relationship has been respectful and pure. Don't forget that if he's serious about marrying her, he did say that he'll wait until the day Sherry turns 16.

The only downside for this episode was the lack of scenes with Itami and his harem, but I'm sure that they'll get their screentime again very soon. =D
Feb 27, 2016 5:41 AM

Jul 2009
Tom_Kosken said:
Besides its not like JSDF needs to worry about casulties when fighting against barbarians with rocks and sticks. It will be the shortest war in recorded human hystory.

I don't think anything can beat the Anglo-Zanzibar War.
Feb 27, 2016 5:49 AM

Dec 2014
I still feel sad for sherry.... She's 12 for god sake and lost her parents like that. She is quite a brave girl
Feb 27, 2016 5:59 AM

Aug 2013
oh my oh my.. that drama.
The first part was really good.. until the end though.
To be honest its unrealistic for a diplomat to do that.. he's definitely a closet lolicon I tell you. xD
It's a bit annoying to them so dumb playing into the enemy's schemes.
But wait.. that's all ? Where's Itami and his runaway ??
Feb 27, 2016 6:09 AM

Oct 2009
At least Sherry will be saved, I'm happy.
Feb 27, 2016 6:18 AM

Aug 2014
Dang, props to Sugiwara.. I thought he was going to abandon Sherry

Anyways, Sugiwara is not branded as a pedo or anything. Because Sherry has now been declared as his fiance and if you know politics, once you get engaged or married, they could inherit the citizenship of their spouse. For example, there is a couple, one is an American Citizen while the other is a Mexican Citizen; once, they get married/engaged the person who is a Mexican Citizen could apply for American Citizenship. So, Sugiwara basically saved Sherry's life and knowing Sugiwara.. He won't do anything until they are actually married

Also, I hate the Bunny Bitch
Feb 27, 2016 6:26 AM

Dec 2014
Sugawara finding a solution that plays by the empire's rules, not bad, not bad.
Also why does what is basically a japanese emabassy not have japanese guards? Doesn't really make much sense
Feb 27, 2016 7:24 AM

Sep 2013
kaze631 said:
Also why does what is basically a japanese emabassy not have japanese guards? Doesn't really make much sense

They don't wanna provoke the Empire, but maybe because Sugawara's Act the empire will get a reason to attack japan............ and get annihilated lol
Feb 27, 2016 7:47 AM

Jan 2015
Loli's parents sacrificed themselves and let her and some guy escape.
Why did he hit her? There are so many better fucking ways to go about it, well whatever.
Loli doesn't really seem affected, maybe she's strong.
Ayy she is smart though, can play out things nicely.
Loli is cute and it seems she won't let go of Sugawara lel
Getting dragged by the laundry boys, when is Sugawara gonna step in
Shiett, Sugawa comes in!
So the goddamn marriage is really gonna happen, eh?
Good luck Sugawara and loli
Yaay sweet hug, good Sugawara!
Nice episode, I thoroughly liked it!
3/5
Feb 27, 2016 7:54 AM

Dec 2013
Woah.... I never expected them to scaled down the entire conflict so much....
The Chasers were suppose to number in the thousands, whereas the Rose Knights were suppose to be a few hundred. The battle that just started is suppose to be bloody and brutal.

I applaud those who have the common sense and decency to understand what actually went on with Sugawara making up the excuse for Sherry's asylum at the so-called "Japanese Embassy".

Under orders from Zorzal, the Chasers have every right to capture/torture/execute anyone who they deem is against Zorzal's rule so long as they are citizens of the Empire. Sherry is a citizen of the Empire, and hence unless she was able to seek asylum with another country, is subject to any and all laws and demands of the Empire, regardless of whether or not those laws are humane and fare.

Sugawara's position was pretty much similar to dealing with those refugees from Syria. IF you do grant asylum to one person, how many others would come to seek asylum after you set such a precedent? There could be hundreds and thousands of Pro-Japanese politicians and citizens in the Empire looking to escape from Zorzal and his goons. Sugawara simply does not have the authority nor the capacity (it's Pina's own palace after all and they have limited resources themselves), to make such a decision that would instigate a war. Nor do Japan want to start one.

Had Sugawara left Sherry to the rape/torture/execution of the Chasers, it would have been perfectly justifiable in politics, because relations between Japan and the Empire would have remained the same, and Japan has no say in how the Empire treats their own citizens (just like how the US can't do shit about whatever atrocities happens in China, Russia or other countries).

On claiming Sherry's "status" as his wife, he bypassed the Imperial citizen issue whilst still granting her asylum from those goons. What started afterwards was just the uneducated Chasers being ignorant and attacking Pina's palace in retaliation, ergo making the Empire the ones who instigated war between the two countries and providing Japan with a rightful excuse to defend their "land".

The war is about to start now, and it was not what Japan's government or anyone else wants, but it worked out in that they have an excuse to retaliate on the Empire for attacking "Japan" as legit self defense.

Sugawara was being a decent humane human being, he's not a loli-con.

The author's been trying really hard to show Japan as a pacifist country. Now we get to see what happens to pacifists when you push them too far.
L-RyoshiFeb 27, 2016 7:59 AM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 27, 2016 8:15 AM

Nov 2015
Sherry and Sugawara were cute

Feb 27, 2016 8:19 AM

Aug 2014
Well that was interesting. I surely hope Tyuule and the idiot prince dies some painful deaths, was nice to see Sugawara making the right choice in the end.
Feb 27, 2016 9:10 AM

Mar 2014
promote the audience to be a lolicon in real life? yes lets have a evolution. lolicon best save the world unify the world
Feb 27, 2016 9:25 AM

Feb 2014
Everyone calling Sugawara a lolicon simply because he had to much of a heart to destroy a little girl. Whats wrong with you people. It was not the smart decision but my god it was the correct one!
Feb 27, 2016 9:30 AM
Apr 2015
You know for being in the army these people sure like to disobey orders from higher up. I expected the loli to be save (because duh it's gate...) but i wished it would been a more grey zone rather than being straight that could cause an act of war. But i guess the inner lolicon was to stronk for thinking outside of the box...

I halfway expected someone to shoot (crossbow) either Sugawara or Sherry during their hug because of Tyuule orders. Kinda sad it didn't happen...
Feb 27, 2016 9:52 AM

Dec 2014
desertkona said:
kaze631 said:

They don't wanna provoke the Empire, but maybe because Sugawara's Act the empire will get a reason to attack japan............ and get annihilated lol

Oh i really hope they do. The annihilation of medieval armies by modern technology is one of my favourite things about the 1st season
Feb 27, 2016 11:31 AM

Mar 2008
Good on Sugawara for saving Sherry. Hate seeing the cute girls being dragged off, especially in a show like this where nothing ends well for anyone being taken in by the Prince. The ending was cute, not sure where all the moronic pedo comments are coming from or why. They haven't done anything.
Feb 27, 2016 11:51 AM

Dec 2011
Well... Ok. I hate Tyuule so much.
Feb 27, 2016 11:53 AM

Nov 2011
Sherry is a damn trooper. Losing her parents and just keeps on trucking. Damn

One of my favorite episodes of the series. Although I was also expecting full on sniper spec ops stuff on the palace or something.
Feb 27, 2016 11:59 AM

Apr 2014
Well, thing go down hill real fast for those that want peace with Japan.
Those cleaner chasing after Sugawara's loli waifu will get it in next episode.
So this mean that the war is official now huh?
Kill all those empire shit!!
P.S. kind of sad that there is no Itami and his harem...mostly no Rory! T^T
Feb 27, 2016 12:49 PM

Feb 2015
Dat statement, i can't belive it. he actually said it. i didn't expect that.
it that a lie or he really mean it ? but that embrace really got me well :D
I thought she will get captured by the prince. obviously i don't that to happen but that statement that he said, i didn't expect that.
and i have to admit, Sherry is not a little kid imo XD Her determination is really storng for "Sugawara-sama" i like that :)
i don't think it is wrong to like a little girl like that XD but i still feel weird about it though......well, at least he said after she turned into 16 he will marry her.
YizelTroFeb 27, 2016 12:54 PM
Feb 27, 2016 1:50 PM

Apr 2010
Meh, an episode about characters I couldn't care less about xD
Let's see what next week brings.
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Feb 27, 2016 2:13 PM
Sep 2015
Gidar said:
Axelucard said:
fucking pedo -_- hope you're happy sicko you caused a war

Urgh i don't even wanna explain stuff to you cause you wouldn't comprehend. its just narrowminded all the way. Better let that kid get raped by the creeps and add some torture and imprisonment to it amirite?
How about YOU see children as persons/humans and not just as mere sex objects ?
Guess you wouldn't want to save kids who beg for their lives .. fucking sicko

Also sure the war is all his fault. Its not like the idiot prince (+his bunny girl in the shadows) basically reforms the entire kingdom with all the ill intentions and schemes possible, since he hates japan so effing much that he basically begs for war -.-

Well if a war breaks out because of this, it would be partly his fault as he sparked this war.
You say that sugawara saved a kid from death and rape, as the other diplomat mentioned... thats just his personal feelings. The consequences too that would be an all out war with massive rape and deaths instead, not to sure to be soo proud in sugawaras shoes.
This would be so wrong in many levels.
1. Sugawara would be seen as an unrealistically/bad diplomat from almost anyone
2. The marriage proposal to an underaged kid would be undeniably morally wrong accused against him

Sure he could have saved her but its so wrong to take the pedobear route. I mean, the end result was same as the first one but he just did it more creepy,

Sherry and the other dude wanted help.> sugawara rejects
Sherry gets taken> sugawara gets down going pedoheromode and helps
He just had to wait until they came to take her so he could unfold his pedomode or wat? xD
He could´ve asked the other diplomat to help him take her in, he could have said that she would be his or anyone else adoptive child etc. The only thing sherry needed was an approval like that knight said as I think that pedostatement wont help at all for a wanted criminal.

Imagine that in real life? xD A country is searching for its own criminal and another diplomat is trying to give the criminal immunity by marrying that person.

All in the end, this action was only good on the personal level and wrong in everything else. This should be easy to understand as to why japan and sugawara didnt want to protect those as Sherry in the first place,
Feb 27, 2016 2:46 PM

Jul 2015
I'm just waiting for japan to show who's the boss. I don't want more harem and comedy, I want more episodes with guns like the start of the first season.
Feb 27, 2016 4:48 PM

Mar 2009
Lame episode this week, unfortunately. No one cares about that loli. Why ignore the main cast?
Feb 27, 2016 5:20 PM

Aug 2014
Captain Beefeater? Really? Burst out laughing as soon as I read it.

Okay, the episode was enjoyable, but am I really supposed to believe a 12-year-old loves someone? An adult, no less? And Sugawara actually responded, wow - this would never happen in real life, not when politics between two countries are involved, much less if a criminal is at stake, little girl or not.

4/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Feb 27, 2016 5:38 PM

Sep 2014
This episode is a bit creepy with all those romance from a 12 yeard old girl and a 30-ish your old guy...And the fact that he said that he'll wait for 4 more years..
Feb 27, 2016 5:44 PM
Jun 2013
I think that scene with the hug could be displaying something called Unconditional Love
Feb 27, 2016 6:04 PM
Oct 2015
Well that embrace was... something else?

Thank god they don't kiss. Damn

And i hate that Bunny Bitch even more, and of course Zorzal too.

Nice episode though. 9/10
Feb 27, 2016 6:28 PM

Aug 2013
I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I watched a little girl that loved me get dragged away to almost certain death while she was screaming my name. Not if I had the means to save her, even if the means are generally frowned upon. So good job Sugawara!
Feb 27, 2016 8:54 PM

Oct 2011
OMG Sugawara saved Sherry T________T
Feb 27, 2016 9:44 PM

Sep 2015
Now this is ridiculous.

He's in his mid 20's and the girls is twelve. Wut?
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Feb 27, 2016 10:49 PM

May 2010
I believe somebody already explained that oprichnina is a real thing from Russian history; I want to add that dog heads and brooms indeed were their symbols, representing how they chase and wipe "enemies of the state".

That final part was so sweet it made me tear up.

An also, it's so annoying how people here keep calling Sugawara "pedo/lolicon". Look up what that means first, and then don't say it like a bad thing unless you can explain why it's a bad thing.
OneMoreFeb 27, 2016 10:55 PM
Feb 27, 2016 11:13 PM
Mar 2013
Someone says Sugawara's act was careless and will cause a war. I agree with that partly. It is, however, what the stupid prince had wanted in the first place and a new battle was just a matter of time.
The conflict at the Jade Palace this time was rather a coincidental accident but the prince didn't know it yet while Japan has some time to consider what to do and prepare. I guess it will firstly start with a political negotiation between the empire and Japan. The manipulated prince would insist Japan give the little traitor back with a threat to attack the Jade Palace, which really is an excuse to start a war. That why Shirayuki, Sugawara's boss made an emergency call to the Defence Minister.
I'm very curious how the politics inside both nations go on.
Feb 28, 2016 1:14 AM

Nov 2014
Am I the only one who went "Awwww so cute" over Sherry and Sugawara's moment?
Just so we're clear, I'm a solo player. One or two days of being orange means nothing to me. — Kazuto Kirigaya

Feb 28, 2016 9:09 AM

Apr 2008
I feel that a few people have missed the irony of the fact that, by saying she's his wife-to-be, Sugawara has probably saved Sherry from being raped, tortured, and/or killed. (We saw how the prince treated the Japanese girl who was a prisoner, and she wasn't guilty of anything in particular). So, in effect, he's guaranteed she isn't subjected to the very kind of treatment some people seem to think his actions equate to.

Given his character, he's not the kind of person who will do anything with her at all, other than keep up the official pretense for the sake of her safety and avoiding an all-out war. Of course, she'll just continue liking him on until she's actually an adult anyway; that's likely where they're going with this.

I actually kind of find some of the side characters more interesting than the main story, to be honest.
Feb 28, 2016 10:36 AM

Jun 2015

Sugawara confirmed lolicon. SUGAWARA X SHERRY I DONT KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT THIS
I LIKE THIS DOE
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2016 11:31 AM

Dec 2009
Man that was probably my favorite episode of Gate yet. Really love that Sugawara came out to save Sherry in the end, I know the age difference is pretty big but holy crap I ship it. That embrace at the end really hit me in the feels <3 I was so afraid he wasn't going to help her but my fears were for naught.
Feb 28, 2016 11:37 AM

Jan 2014
I was going to rage quit if Sugawara hadn't come out to save Sherry. I was actually tearing up. That whole scene was so touching. Damn, this season just keeps getting better and better.

Poor Casel though. Hopefully after the battle he's still around and taken in as well.
Feb 28, 2016 2:26 PM
Jan 2016
Sugawara's declaration that Sherry is his fiancee was a very intelligent, political move. He prevents Sherry from being captured, allows Japan to refuse other refugees, and gives the japanese military a cassus belli to act because Sherry is now a citizen.

He fucking won the game of politics!
Feb 28, 2016 3:50 PM

Nov 2008
QcK_Dagger_HeaT said:
Great episode as predicted Sherry was a boss!!! It was awesome until he got intimate and embraced her. Then it's AWESOME......o wait she's 12 Creepy. First time with an Awesome/Creepy moment I thought those were Oxymoron's.

Pretty much hate Tyuule, this will probably start a war. It's not a big deal I guess when you can crush the enemy nation in 1 day XD

Day? it would take a matter of 2 hours or so to Crush the empire ; her remaining army standing and her capital. the rest would be mop up work.

Oddly I didnt find it creepy?
Feb 28, 2016 4:32 PM

Aug 2015
Well, Sugawara's move wasn't bad, giving her the Japanese nationnality to let her enter the ambassy.

But !
They made the hug scene way too long and intense, it turned his nice move to something akward. Also, RIP Casel, you were not cute enough to be saved.

Waiting the Manga, or let's be crazy : the trad of SkytheWood to keep going, i mean they did 4vol in 2-3 weeks, so they could totally finish everything in less than a month .
Pretty sure it will not look that weird, and way more brutal/clever.

> Btw... Fighting brooms ? With hidden swords ? Yes they're the Cleaners but Brooms really ? Brooms vs machine guns ?
Feb 28, 2016 5:03 PM

Jan 2013
That moment when a simple line means so much.
Sugawara saved her life, that hug in the end, was the best part.
I don't even know how things will evolve from now on.
Can't wait to see when the Japanese will allow their army to kill those mother***.

Gidar said:

Urgh i don't even wanna explain stuff to you cause you wouldn't comprehend. its just narrowminded all the way. Better let that kid get raped by the creeps and add some torture and imprisonment to it amirite?
How about YOU see children as persons/humans and not just as mere sex objects ?
Guess you wouldn't want to save kids who beg for their lives .. fucking sicko

Also sure the war is all his fault. Its not like the idiot prince (+his bunny girl in the shadows) basically reforms the entire kingdom with all the ill intentions and schemes possible, since he hates japan so effing much that he basically begs for war -.-

Couldn't answer better!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 28, 2016 6:07 PM
Oct 2013
give back the pity i had for you, stupid rabbit. perfect ending for this season would be a spear running through tyule and the prince simultaneously
Feb 28, 2016 8:17 PM
Jan 2016
Be vewy vewy quiet I'm hunting Tyuule!
Feb 28, 2016 8:28 PM
Mar 2015
Mmmm, looks like Sherry's Cherry is in danger. Lucky dude, she's a hottie.
Feb 28, 2016 8:43 PM
Jan 2016
Elmer step off, I'm the only one that can blow that bunny HO to her final resting place.

Feb 29, 2016 3:51 AM
Mar 2013
kaze631 said:
desertkona said:

Oh i really hope they do. The annihilation of medieval armies by modern technology is one of my favourite things about the 1st season

Shirayuri, Sugawara's boss, ordered to make an emergency call to the Defence Minister Kanou right after she watched the moment Sugawara saved Sherry and a battle had started between who protecting the Palace and who wanted to enter there ignoring the treaty. Technically, the empire and Japan were to negotiate to make a peace pact, which meant currently Japan couldn't send their own force to the capital (there was no agreement about the matter yet). But now, Japan has a righteous reason to dispatch SDF as the defending force into the Jade Palace to protect Japanese people (and the fiancee of a certain diplomat) there...

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2016

136 by Jagermeister-kun »»
Mar 25, 3:18 AM

» Season 3? ( 1 2 )

AshAkinola - Mar 25, 2016

56 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jan 18, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2016

231 by Estefan »»
Jan 17, 7:42 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

333 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 6, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

190 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.