Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 25, 2016 10:53 AM

May 2012
Damn that breakfast scene made me tear up and the ending made me happy. It took 8 episodes, but I can finally walk away happy.

Best episode imo. Nothing went wrong, and dat ending was the best. That breakfast scene had me stupid tearing up. Kayo finally got a taste of a real happy family.

But damn all the killer's shit was in the bus where she was at. Thankfully Satoru becoming up with them A-1 plans. Satoru's mom is the best. Died laughing when she asked if she was in the way.

This really the best episode in terms of ending on a good note. Next episode shit is going down.

Can't wait.
AntearionFeb 25, 2016 10:58 AM
Feb 25, 2016 10:57 AM

Jul 2015
How can Sachiko not be that perceptive when she got the same voice actor as Conan? :V
Great episode!
Feb 25, 2016 10:59 AM

Jan 2016
mother vs mother fight next week?

Nov 2015
This episode was SO cute and SO sad, specially the part when Kayo was remembering her "Everyday Breakfast" I was close to cry with her... UGH

And Satoru with his "Yes, you do" before sleeping like SATORU 
At the end, another episode with a 10/10 for me♥
huniedayMay 28, 2023 12:05 PM

Aug 2015
Satoru's mom is goals

Feb 25, 2016 11:00 AM

Oct 2014
We need more Best Mamas in Anime.
Feb 25, 2016 11:00 AM

Dec 2015
I did enjoy this episode.
Although, the killer is more than obvious now and it's really doing my head.

This scene made me laugh though.

Feb 25, 2016 11:02 AM

Oct 2015
Too much goot in this episode.

Miss-MarchFeb 25, 2016 11:07 AM
Feb 25, 2016 11:05 AM

Sep 2015
Yet another 5/5 episode, still a perfect score for me. Really hope the last episodes don't become rushed...

Seeing Kayo crying over a simple home-made breakfast broke my heart... She certainly has been through lots of shit :'(

About the ending: YEAH, F#@ you, Kayo's mom!!
Feb 25, 2016 11:07 AM

Dec 2014
Excellent episode all round.

Really heartwarming as well, Loved how everyone is working together to save Kayo.

I absolutely love it when Satoru says stuff out loud XD

That breakfast scene T.T . Must have been hard for Kayo, Getting by with half-assed breakfast each day. Seeing a warm breakfast for the first time must have been one of the most beautiful things she's experienced :)

Satoru's mom sure is perceptive, Satoru is definitely right when he calls her a Youkai XD

The standoff ending, Hope Kayo's abusive mother gets what's coming to her.
Feb 25, 2016 11:08 AM

Jun 2014
hm2p33 said:
Right now is really obvious the teacher is the murderer for me. And that last scene o.o. The breakfast scene was touching. I'm getting the feeling the mother is going to be murdered in this timeline, don't know why, maybe because her conversation with the teacher.

I hope you are wrong. But I expect you are right. The teacher has been giving off a real bad feeling for a while now. Plus from the few glimpses we've seen, they look very similar. Chin, nose, hair, build, choice of clothing: all the same.

GrunkalunkaFeb 25, 2016 11:17 AM
Feb 25, 2016 11:10 AM

Jan 2016
I wanted to cry twice but I was in class so... Someone mentioned that they thought it was the teacher and now I am really suspicious of him. But over all the episode was wonderful and very heart warming.
Feb 25, 2016 11:10 AM

Apr 2011
feels/5 ;___; <3

ps. i love this OP so much i mean i always loved AKFG and Re:Re: but this series gives it even more meaning and all ..and i listen to it like 10 times after every episode :D Fits the show perfectly !
Feb 25, 2016 11:13 AM

Oct 2007
Sigh I knew this was going to turn into one of those weepy crying anime. These sorts of cliche "feels" things just don't do it for me unfortunately. And the killer who has been super obvious since pretty much the start is now even more obvious for me. I don't know this show is still alright but it's just so much more cliche and typical to me now than ever. Why does every Japanese drama seem to have to come down to emotionally manipulating the viewer with touchy feely stuff revolving around cute girls, their suffering and catharsis in the long run and how often are shows going to keep playing this card for easy critical acclaim by fans in this medium?

And like I totally get it, nice breakfast by good anime mother, used to being treated like shit by the textbook bad anime mother, cute anime girl gets her break sort of finally, but why is this supposed to especially make me cry and lose my shit when it's again just kind of cliche? Probably a 3.5/5 episode regardless just because it finally manages to demonstrate that the show can function without need of cliffhanger every episode though it has to fall back on other typical anime standby's instead.
PeacingOutFeb 25, 2016 11:21 AM
Feb 25, 2016 11:15 AM

Nov 2014
- Am I in the way here?
- Yeah.

Lmao!

This series is so great. I almost cried when Kayo started crying.

5/5
Feb 25, 2016 11:17 AM

Jul 2012
Right in the feels episode. Really wanted to know more about the mystery, but still like episode very much.
Feb 25, 2016 11:20 AM

Sep 2013
I think the Murderer kicked the box that was in the bus because his plans aren't going the way he wanted after Satoru started to protect Kayo

Feb 25, 2016 11:23 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
A very touching and heartwarming episode. I think we were all due for this one after the emotional roller-coaster we've been on the past few weeks.

Are things finally turning in our favor with Sotaru and his mom confronting Kayo's mother? I have a sneaking suspicion we're not at that point yet.

This show really makes appreciate what you have, if you were raised by decent parents. It certainly has made me think.
Feb 25, 2016 11:26 AM

Nov 2014
For a second i thought satoru's mom and the sensei are the killers
I thought satoru is "kidnapping" kayo so whyyyy did his mom tell sensei??? Its supposed to be a secret~~
Grunkalunka said:
[quote=hm2p33 message=44901151

If he really is the killer then he's a true yokai. 29 y/o and 47y/o yet looking exactly the same??? Orochimaru will be so jealous xD
ttcchenFeb 25, 2016 11:29 AM
Feb 25, 2016 11:28 AM

Aug 2015
What!? A heartwarming episode and a harmless cliffhanger in my ERASED?
Feb 25, 2016 11:31 AM
Oct 2011
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Sigh I knew this was going to turn into one of those weepy crying anime. These sorts of cliche "feels" things just don't do it for me unfortunately. And the killer who has been super obvious since pretty much the start is now even more obvious for me. I don't know this show is still alright but it's just so much more cliche and typical to me now than ever. Why does every Japanese drama seem to have to come down to emotionally manipulating the viewer with touchy feely stuff revolving around cute girls, their suffering and catharsis in the long run and how often are shows going to keep playing this card for easy critical acclaim by fans in this medium?

And like I totally get it, nice breakfast by good anime mother, used to being treated like shit by the textbook bad anime mother, cute anime girl gets her break sort of finally, but why is this supposed to especially make me cry and lose my shit when it's again just kind of cliche? Probably a 3.5/5 episode regardless just because it finally manages to demonstrate that the show can function without need of cliffhanger every episode though it has to fall back on other typical anime standby's instead.

Every movie is cliche, every tv drama is cliche, get over it buddy it is going to be very rare to find something 100% new. Since all kinds of story has been made, everything will be cliche. Can you name something 2015 that isn't cliche?
Feb 25, 2016 11:31 AM
Dec 2014
Why is Satoru's mom so based?

Maybe the best episode so far!
Feb 25, 2016 11:33 AM

Jul 2014
Well once again this show has somehow managed to surpass itself with its best episode yet, and considering how good it has been up to this point, that's definitely a massive achievement. I'm starting to become more suspicious of the teacher now, but if it is him he's certainly putting on one hell of a good act by working with child services and all that. As for Satoru, I'm kinda surprised that he didn't think of taking Kayo to his house sooner, though I suppose he was worried his mother would just send Kayo back to her mother (not as though she would though). Oh, and I'm hoping he didn't leave the killer's stuff in the bus. Sure, doing so wouldn't tip off the killer that Kayo and co were there, but if they took the killer's stuff surely that would have been taken in as evidence, even if not initially linking to the abduction cases.

Oh, and seeing Kayo cry over a simple home-made breakfast was so sad. Just goes to show the kind of hell she's been through, the kind that no child deserves to endure. On the bright side, the ending makes it seem like that's coming to an end at last. Here's hoping.
Feb 25, 2016 11:39 AM

Aug 2011
Jakerams said:
I really just care about the motive of the murders.

If they put it in, you will so surprise as to what it is. not gonna ruining anything for you but do keep an keep an eye out.
Feb 25, 2016 11:40 AM

Dec 2015
amazing episode as always, heartwarming and wonderful (and no cliffhanger this time! yay) <3 5/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 2012
ttcchen said:
For a second i thought satoru's mom and the sensei are the killers
I thought satoru is "kidnapping" kayo so whyyyy did his mom tell sensei??? Its supposed to be a secret~~
Grunkalunka said:
[quote=hm2p33 message=44901151

If he really is the killer then he's a true yokai. 29 y/o and 47y/o yet looking exactly the same??? Orochimaru will be so jealous xD

Actually it was shown that the killer is around his 40's as he has wrinkles on his cheeks which are shown in the opening and on the first episode.

Oh god who are you people?

Mar 2013
Teacher kind of confessed... He said he knew where Kayo was so it's obviously him entering the bus leaving his tools.
It matches his appearence (see opening), I bet the guy in tuxedo in present is him too.
Feb 25, 2016 11:43 AM

Aug 2011
This episode was really really good. This is how an anime is supposed to be if they stay faithful to the original source. If they do that, they can never go wrong, well at least in all the animes I've seen where they stay true to the original source.
Feb 25, 2016 11:45 AM

Oct 2008
Seeing Satoru's mom making curry yet again and having Satoru's female fried over for dinner is kind of foreboding for me...because she died soon after that in the beginning of the anime...

Feb 25, 2016 11:48 AM

Oct 2010
I joked in episode 2 that
and every episode makes it more and more obvious. That phone call was a huge mistake. Big mistake. I think the production of this anime is 9/10 but the cliche on who the killer is lowers it to an 8/10 for me. If I'm actually wrong (which seems increasingly unlikely), I'll put it back up to 9 though.
Feb 25, 2016 11:50 AM

Jan 2016
10/10 this episode is so enjoyable and beautiful. What's better? the cliffhanger isn't that terrible this time!! 11/10 AOTS
Feb 25, 2016 11:51 AM

Apr 2014
I'm a manga reader but the scene with Satoru crying because of the gloves and the one with Kayo were still really moving. I cried hahah
The bathing scene wasn't in the manga but I found it great!
I still wonder if they'll be able to adapt the 20+ chapters left in four episodes...

(MANGA SPOILER, DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T READ IT YET!)
Feb 25, 2016 11:53 AM

Mar 2015
KirmiShinigami said:
I have a theory that Sachiko can time-travel... I mean, how come she knows almost everything? There is no way she would know Kayo was coming, unless she can time-travel or smth...

I don't think so. She is generally a solicitous mother and seems to be genuinely good person.
Feb 25, 2016 11:53 AM

Jan 2015
RIP @ this anime series... rushed madness incoming...
Feb 25, 2016 11:54 AM

Sep 2014
What a nice and warm episode after those earlier tense ones.
Still though, these cliffhangers. ...
*sigh*
Feb 25, 2016 11:54 AM

Dec 2015
Such a great episode, the breakfast scene was so touching.
When she asked Am I in the way? and Satoru just burst out with 'Yeah' was hilarious.
Can't wait to see how this confrontation goes.

Feb 25, 2016 11:55 AM

Oct 2007
Pen3 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Every movie is cliche, every tv drama is cliche, get over it buddy it is going to be very rare to find something 100% new. Since all kinds of story has been made, everything will be cliche. Can you name something 2015 that isn't cliche?

Probably not but that's why I'm not fawning over it and it's IMO extra typical and cliche of "acclaimed anime" of late. Just bust out the stuff to get peoples tear ducts working....except it doesn't work on me.

Kougeru said:
I joked in episode 2 that
and every episode makes it more and more obvious. That phone call was a huge mistake. Big mistake. I think the production of this anime is 9/10 but the cliche on who the killer is lowers it to an 8/10 for me. If I'm actually wrong (which seems increasingly unlikely), I'll put it back up to 9 though.

It's not cliche so much as for some reason they chose to make it glaringly obvious really early on as if it didn't really matter if there was any sense of mystery there or not. Frankly it was the first sign that told me this really wasn't going to end up being much of a mystery thriller anime and was going to focus more on the whole cute girl suffering/manipulate the audience into crying material that it has in the long run. It's like they figured lets get that mystery shit out of the way so that the viewer isn't distracted when we go full bore into this sad mistreated girl in the snow storyline #10564251.

I swear it feels like the show has spent more time on Kayo's doom and gloom scenario with her mother and being murdered and trying to make the viewer sad for her than it has on anything else including the whole bigger picture that started it off which was to stop a murderer from ruining the MC's life period. Of course you've gotta get the do-overs in these to make it feel more like a visual novel scenario or something I guess so he gets to go back in time to try multiple times. Hopefully it's just done with her sob story now so it can get back to the aspects of it that interested me more in the first place and got me to give it a chance in spite of my correct suspicion that it would fall back on the Nakige style tropes and cliches I'm just so damn tired of in modern "mature" anime.
PeacingOutFeb 25, 2016 12:03 PM
Feb 25, 2016 11:58 AM

Jul 2009
I swear I was as scared as Kayo in the beginning, I was just chanting "no,no,no,no,no" in my head and when he actually went away, I could feel a stone falling off my heart. Such a relief >.<

The rest of the episode was quite heartwarming, Kayo was adorable and Satoru's funny ideas...*shakes head amused* Satoru's mom is definitely the best anime mom. Though calling the teacher.. Kayo's mom should just rot in prison, totally despicable.
Feb 25, 2016 11:58 AM

Jul 2009
"Am I in the way?"
"Yeah."
top kek
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Feb 25, 2016 11:59 AM

Nov 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:

I personally feel that you might be reading too much into it. I believe its more to demonstrate that the characters definitely have a human side to them and hence are much more alive rather than being robotic. It is possible that it might be just slightly cliched, but I think it is more towards the sincere spectrum and not really forced drama. Just my 2 cents.
Anime gave me more life lessons than school
Feb 25, 2016 12:03 PM

Mar 2015
defne said:
amazing episode as always, heartwarming and wonderful (and no cliffhanger this time! yay) <3 5/5

Even though it was really sweet and heart-warming episode, it really made me depressed from all that underlying "you can't fight fate" message. Despite the fact Satoru improved Kayo's situation leaps and bounds by now, killer is still around and if the is indeed the teacher as spoilers told me to, there doesn't seem to be any real way to stop him. Even if spoilers about killer were wrong, he is still at large, Kayo still isn't safe and other kids may still be in danger too. :-(

So, do you wish for a happy end or are you prepared this would be bitter*sweet at best in the end?
Feb 25, 2016 12:04 PM

Oct 2007
zerriet said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

I personally feel that you might be reading too much into it. I believe its more to demonstrate that the characters definitely have a human side to them and hence are much more alive rather than being robotic. It is possible that it might be just slightly cliched, but I think it is more towards the sincere spectrum and not really forced drama. Just my 2 cents.

It's just really really REALLY typical and trite J-Drama stuff as opposed to force. It fits the scenario, just the scenario is the kind of thing I've seen played out many times in J-Drama lately so the impact is pretty minimal for me.
Feb 25, 2016 12:05 PM

Jul 2014
The most hilarious scene:

The most touching one:
Feb 25, 2016 12:06 PM

Jan 2009
pretzel06 said:
umm so the teacher said kayo is safe which mean he knows where she is

He said "probably" and it turned out he was contacting Sachiko about the matter.
Feb 25, 2016 12:11 PM

Nov 2012
Such a beautiful ep! Can't wait for Kayo to get away from that horrible mother..
Feb 25, 2016 12:12 PM

Jul 2014
Malise said:
So, do you wish for a happy end or are you prepared this would be bitter*sweet at best in the end?
I am and this is the ending I'm expecting.

DiabloMask said:
pretzel06 said:
umm so the teacher said kayo is safe which mean he knows where she is
He said "probably" and it turned out he was contacting Sachiko about the matter.
He didn't know where. He knew she was with Satoru.

Jan 2009
God! that scene at the end ToT those mother fuckers know how to make a man cry like a little girl!

Apr 2015
best episode by far.

the entire episode i was waiting for something bad to happen but it looks like everything is being fixed slowly.

i'm still kind of suspicious about the teacher though. still wondering about who the killer is.

kayo crying shot me right in the heart. it was really sweet.
Feb 25, 2016 12:13 PM
Jun 2013
I can't get enough of this heartwarming yet suspenseful atmosphere, damn. Great episode again.

Dat cliffhanger tho. *_* Erased fucks me every week. :(
Nexxkinn said:
"Am getting in your way?" - mom
"Yep" - Satoru

Satoru, please.

That was amazing lol.
Feb 25, 2016 12:13 PM

Nov 2009
Emotional rollercoaster.

I loved the scene where they went to sleep together.

The teacher is getting more and more suspicious =_=
GildeshFeb 25, 2016 12:16 PM
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1399 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1108 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.