Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 21, 2016 1:40 AM

Jul 2014
The fight everyone's been waiting for is finally here!
Feb 21, 2016 2:10 AM

May 2012
jhoson14 said:
I'm really glad that my keyboard is water proof.

When Shizuo appeared in that bike with the bell ringing my reaction was spit the water i was drinking and started to laugh like a retarded. That scene was pure gold!!

LOL. That was really cute and very funny at the same time . Oh, Shizuo-senpai, you never fails to amaze me.
Feb 21, 2016 2:17 AM

Jun 2013
the guy is running and shouting he's coming when you turn you see some dude just riding a bike now that's scary and shit Izaya is about to get rekt by Shizuo
Feb 21, 2016 2:31 AM

Jan 2015
Dotachin's finally back in action! And can't wait to see one of the biggest fights of the series animated soon *o*
Feb 21, 2016 3:37 AM

Nov 2012

i loved this scene haha.

shizuo vs izaya incoming? omg :O
Feb 21, 2016 4:55 AM

Jun 2015
I'm not really sure what the most intense scene is going to be??

Izaya vs Shizuo??
Kadota's comeback??
Kida vs Mikado??
Mikado dealing with Namie?? (I think he will anyway)
Kasane vs Celty??
Simon doing something??
Feb 21, 2016 7:47 AM

Oct 2015
Shizuo vs Izaya. Probably one of the best char fight I see in anime so far.
Feb 21, 2016 8:45 AM

Nov 2011
Shizuo had me in tears when he came rolling into that ally on the Bike haha.

I really hate Mikado now. He's just a scardy cat now, like step up bro we're at the climax!

I hope Shizuo destroys Izaya.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 21, 2016 8:49 AM

Aug 2013
Shizuo, Vorona, Kasane and even Izaya, that I particularly do not really like, they are much better characters than the high school protagonists trio, development becomes much more interesting when it focuses on these characters, I'm looking forward to this fight between Shizuo and Izaya ..
Feb 21, 2016 9:30 AM

Nov 2008
Clymenus said:

Can someone explain this, what love is she talking about?
Kujiragi slashed Shinra with Saika making him love her. If Celty loses her memories, Kujiragi will no longer have rivalry over Shinra because Celty will no longer chase him. It's not about Kujiragi finds romantic interest to Shinra. The Saika makes the love and Kujiragi is interested in fighting over a human being.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Feb 21, 2016 10:57 AM

Mar 2013
silverwalls said:

i loved this scene haha.

shizuo vs izaya incoming? omg :O

PRICELESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 21, 2016 1:46 PM

Apr 2013
Awesome episode, but damn Shizuo, how about kicking Izaya's ass after saving Celty?
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Feb 21, 2016 5:21 PM
Oct 2012
Madlib said:
Next episode should be even better though. That "goodbye"......

I think that meant something different, at least I hope so. Izaya was baiting him like usual, but for the first time Shizuo refused to take the bait. For Izaya this would be the greatest defeat possible, he has lived for trying to turn Shizuo into a monster, but for Shizuo to mature past Izaya, and just hang up on him would hurt Izaya more than being killed by Shizuo.

That's what I hope. Of course everyone wants to see Izaya get the beat down he deserves, but it shouldn't come from Shizuo. He has better ways to hurt Izaya, and more important things to do (rescue his one real friend - Celty). His speech about this on the ground was a turning point for him (and riding the granny bike was hilarious), the reactions of the other three characters (two of them villains) showed this: They weren't standing agape because of his freakish strength, but because of what he was willing to do to help his friends and kohai.

He transformed from a monster into an avenging god. If that is the way this goes, from a character and story development angle it would be gold.
Feb 21, 2016 9:07 PM
Mar 2010
Goodbye Izaya... RIP~
Feb 22, 2016 2:06 AM

Jan 2014
A lot of interactions here. Shizou was the core this time with Kujiragi and Varona following.

Namie Yagiri is as usual disturbing and motivated purely out of Seiji, but regardless she is right.

Anyway..............most of the episode can pretty much be summed in that:

Izaya just got a massive deathflag.
Feb 22, 2016 4:12 AM

May 2014
Oh god...... If i recall correctly, Izaya was going to let Mikage (his gf) to fight the monster called Shizuo and that is not going to end well for Mikage... she might even get killed. She maybe strong but damn, we just saw what Shizuo is capable of...

* PLS, the title for the next episode means a deathflag for some1? pls let it not be shizuo or izaya... i l be damned. *

The name is Shizuo. Once again proves who is the boss. Best character in all of durarara.
Feb 22, 2016 6:08 AM

Jan 2008
eshwar007 said:
Oh god...... If i recall correctly, Izaya was going to let Mikage (his gf) to fight the monster called Shizuo and that is not going to end well for Mikage... she might even get killed. She maybe strong but damn, we just saw what Shizuo is capable of...

Is Mikage Izaya's girlfriend? Really? I don't think she is but since I'm not reading the novels, it's possible.
Feb 22, 2016 6:44 AM
Dec 2015
HatsumiShinogu said:
Is Mikage Izaya's girlfriend? Really? I don't think she is but since I'm not reading the novels, it's possible.

From what I know, Mikage is the only woman that trust him & also she really like & admires Izaya since they're in Highschool (don't know it's love or not)
NotThisShitAgainFeb 22, 2016 6:47 AM
Murphy's Law

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

Feb 22, 2016 12:30 PM

May 2014
HatsumiShinogu said:

NotThisShitAgain said:
HatsumiShinogu said:

From what I know, Mikage is the only woman that trust him & also she really like & admires Izaya since they're in Highschool (don't know it's love or not)

What i meant is that Izaya actually once dated her (IIRC, she 1st showed up in x2 ten and Mikage's brother was mad at Izaya that he had cheated on Mikage or something)

and she still likes him nevertheless i guess. (cant be more 'tsun' than Mikage but duno abt the 'dere' part xD)
Feb 22, 2016 6:47 PM

Mar 2012
HatsumiShinogu said:
eshwar007 said:

She liked him in highschool and something that we don't know of happened there that ended up with her quitting school. I doubt they ever dated.
Feb 22, 2016 6:58 PM

Apr 2011
KaiKatsuya said:
HatsumiShinogu said:

She liked him in highschool and something that we don't know of happened there that ended up with her quitting school. I doubt they ever dated.

Also, considering that the anime has never stated this (gee, just like that scene about killing 'the flea'/Izaya... wonder why... > >), I don't think it'll be given any importance to the characters development/motivations or whatever.
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Feb 22, 2016 11:57 PM

Jan 2008
eshwar007 said:

What i meant is that Izaya actually once dated her (IIRC, she 1st showed up in x2 ten and Mikage's brother was mad at Izaya that he had cheated on Mikage or something)

and she still likes him nevertheless i guess. (cant be more 'tsun' than Mikage but duno abt the 'dere' part xD)

Was it confirmed that they once dated? I remember Mikage's brother being angry that she's still associating with Izaya but I never felt that he was once her boyfriend. Actually, does Izaya even have feelings for anyone? I highly doubt but I could be wrong.
Feb 23, 2016 3:21 AM

May 2014
HatsumiShinogu said:
eshwar007 said:

Was it confirmed that they once dated? I remember Mikage's brother being angry that she's still associating with Izaya but I never felt that he was once her boyfriend. Actually, does Izaya even have feelings for anyone? I highly doubt but I could be wrong.

Nah, i dont remember it being the other way around. I mean, Izaya was never shown to have feelings for anyone let alone Mikage lol. We know about Izaya.

Its just that it was one of his 'human experiments' i guess. He was probably screwin around with Mikage in the earlier days.
Feb 23, 2016 2:52 PM
Dec 2015
jirachi3x said:
Accelority said:
Is it just me or does this show get better and better with every episode?

Some pretty nice talking involved in this episode, one of my favorites this season.

Btw, when Ketsu is finished airing, it completely covered the light novel, right?

So true. Im gonna be so sad when the seriesis over because it just gets better and better. Ketsu is the last arc so when this is over its over for good. Im gonna miss this anime

theres no more of the manga for it to cover? or is the anime strictly following the light novel?
Feb 23, 2016 7:09 PM

Dec 2012
Izaya needs to be diagnosed with clinical psychopathy if he hasn't already. I ride a bicycle daily and Shizuo makes it look way cool and badass. There's still the sequel series, Durarara SH, so I hope that gets animated in the future once enough material has been released.
allo
Feb 23, 2016 10:55 PM

Jul 2014
Are we forgetting that Izaya has been the only one to outsmart Shizuo and actually put a bit of a fight time and time again? It isn't going to be that easy to beat him.
Feb 24, 2016 6:43 AM

Mar 2014
THE FORESHADOWING

THE FORESHADOWING

I am so fucking hyped for the final showdown between Shizuo and Izaya

It doesn't even bother me that they had to rush a few things

No but seriously I CAN'T WAIT
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 24, 2016 6:01 PM

Mar 2009
Iizbakaokay said:
Tring !! Tring !!

A man in a cycle has never looked this vexing.

I laughed so hard at this part.
Anyway, I really hope Shizuo kicks Izaya's ass.

HatsumiShinogu said:
eshwar007 said:

I remember in the previous cour(or maybe it was the cour before that), they mentioned that she was raped. It was a strange line that seemingly came out of nowhere, but it threw me for a loop. They never really went into it, but I just imagined that maybe Izaya helped track down her rapist. And that's why she's so loyal to him. Just speculation on my part, though, since they never went into it further.
Feb 24, 2016 7:15 PM

Oct 2011
I definitely ship Shizuo x Varona
Feb 24, 2016 10:22 PM

Mar 2012
Mormegil said:

I remember in the previous cour(or maybe it was the cour before that), they mentioned that she was raped. It was a strange line that seemingly came out of nowhere, but it threw me for a loop. They never really went into it, but I just imagined that maybe Izaya helped track down her rapist. And that's why she's so loyal to him. Just speculation on my part, though, since they never went into it further.

We don't know anything about Mikage's past other than that she liked Izaya something related to Izaya forced her to quit school. Her brother was the one who implied rape and she got mad at him for saying something like that in the middle of the street.
Feb 25, 2016 9:25 PM

Jun 2012
Really crappy animation but the final scene with Izaya and Shizuo was pretty epic.
Feb 26, 2016 1:41 PM

Apr 2014
Shizou vs Izaya, I am definitely not ready for it but looking the most forward to it. Does anyone understand my Dilemma? ;;

As for Shizuo and Varona? What's with everyone shipping it? Shizou only sees her as a friend from what we know? Or did I miss anything? I love their precious friendship, it's adorable.
Feb 27, 2016 12:28 AM
Aug 2014
lov_lymj said:
Shizou vs Izaya, I am definitely not ready for it but looking the most forward to it. Does anyone understand my Dilemma? ;;

As for Shizuo and Varona? What's with everyone shipping it? Shizou only sees her as a friend from what we know? Or did I miss anything? I love their precious friendship, it's adorable.

People will ship anything you know. Shizaya is a very popular ship and it consists of 2 people who wanna murder each other. So..you know. It isn't surprising that a Shizuo X Vorona ship exists. (I'm a supporter of Shizuona myself) .
Also, Shizuo is the best character in this series. I love him. Badass but sweet.
Feb 27, 2016 1:19 AM

Apr 2014
TyphoonS said:
lov_lymj said:

People will ship anything you know. Shizaya is a very popular ship and it consists of 2 people who wanna murder each other. So..you know. It isn't surprising that a Shizuo X Vorona ship exists. (I'm a supporter of Shizuona myself) .
Also, Shizuo is the best character in this series. I love him. Badass but sweet.

yeah, that's true. It just surprised me as there isn't any romance btw them and Shizou only sees her as his adorable friend, but who cares? One can ship whatever they want Personally tho, I am quite against it and don't ship Shizouna at all. Idk, I just don't feel it, they don't end up with each other and it's cringe worthy to me despite them being beautiful friends - it's just my opinion tho haha. This is literally the first Anime where I don't have a ship.
Feb 27, 2016 11:38 PM

Dec 2009
That crane coming down on him... complete chill from Shizuo lol

So it seems things are coming together now. I found it completely satisfying when Namie was calling out Mikado on the messenger and he was starting to buckle. His being irking me for a bit in these last couple of episodes.
Feb 28, 2016 2:54 PM
Apr 2014
Yagiri Namie really is annoying as fuck. I'm kinda disappointed nobody has killed her yet. She should be happy that Izaya let her stay around for so long. That's most likely the only reason why she is still able to stay in the town.

What exactly should Mikado do to resolve the situation with Celty? And the other shit he has done was relatively calm for a while now. It's really more likely that all the single small parties (like Aoba's brother, Izaya's group, Kujiragi Kasane, etc. fuck the town up. Hell, even Kadota had a pretty shitty idea right now)

And finally we get some more Izaya vs Shizuo. It's been a while since they have gone at each other.
Feb 29, 2016 5:46 AM

Jul 2008
Shizuo was completely numb to Izaya's antagonizing...oh shit he is a dead man.
Feb 29, 2016 5:13 PM

Mar 2014
I laughed when Shizuo came into the alleyway on the bike. So casual.
Mar 8, 2016 2:57 PM

Dec 2012
Damn that cliffhanger, why did they say their farewells? O_O
This anime is making me way too excited.
Mar 10, 2016 4:50 AM
Oct 2015
Shizuo is Badass of the season

10/10
Mar 11, 2016 10:11 AM

Aug 2014
Shizuo is invincible! I love all the Shizuo screentime, it's about time they made up for the earlier lack of him. Still, I want to know about Celty. It's been 2 episodes now since we've seen either Celty or Shinra. This anime loves to leave us hanging. Celty is so close to her head right now! Hopefully she'll get reunited next episode.

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Mar 19, 2016 5:16 AM

Jun 2013
You're in deep shit Izaya.

You hurt my Varona.
臭い-
Mar 20, 2016 12:10 AM

Jul 2014
The moment I saw Izaya up there, I yelled "Kuttar bachcha" on my own ~_~
I hope it really is sayonara for that sonuvabitch.
Shizuo was hot as hell. And so was Varona, saving him.

Can't wait for the final showdown *~*
Apr 13, 2016 10:18 AM

Apr 2015
Once again the scenes with shizuo were hilarious hahahahah
it's a pitty that the show is doing everything to put shizuo and vorona together. The only couple that i really ship is shinra and celty.
4/5
Apr 22, 2016 8:29 AM

Jul 2013
hahaha! fuck yeah Shizuo! go beat up that bitch-ass Izaya. I don't even know how he made some people follow him. And I hate how he just appears out of nowhere and acts like he knows everything. Believe me, when he got stabbed and got sent to hospital, that was one of the most glorious things that happened in Durarara!!. God, I hate his guts.
Apr 27, 2016 1:01 AM

Mar 2012
Iizbakaokay said:
Tring !! Tring !!

A man in a cycle has never looked this vexing.

Freaking glorious lol
Jun 18, 2016 3:48 AM

Dec 2013
That might have been the most badass entry of all time XD

That ending has me hyped!!!
Jun 18, 2016 12:57 PM

Jul 2014

I died at this bit.

4/5
Jun 29, 2016 6:24 PM
Jan 2012
The climax is near and I can feel it!
So three major conflicts are going to be coming soon.

• Izaya vs Shizuo
• Mikado vs Kida
• Celty vs Kujiragi
Shizuo vs Izaya
;
I have expectatives kadota wakening of coma.
Jun 30, 2016 10:43 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Shizuo riding Celty's horse in the form of a bicycle saved this anime.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

158 by Karva1 »»
Apr 22, 9:36 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

260 by AnimeBeckYor »»
Apr 10, 9:31 PM

» Favorite Durarara Character ( 1 2 )

daze3x - Feb 20, 2016

74 by Archfiend836 »»
Feb 13, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2016

85 by corvKa »»
Jul 21, 2023 3:04 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2016

95 by corvKa »»
Jul 21, 2023 2:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.