Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 13, 2016 10:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, nice match this episode, I wasn't even sure who to root for. There's a bit of mind games too and I really like how they did the music to make the match even more exciting.

Is it just me or is Hinata also feeling a bit of fear? Seems somewhat unusual.

Good episode, loved some of the triple attempted blocks and iron wall references.

Mod Edit: Removed reference to future events.
ShockedJul 29, 2016 1:40 PM
Feb 13, 2016 12:01 PM

Apr 2015
Match against Datekou was a bit tricky at first due to triple blocks (good for the new setter though and lol at Oikawa's reaction), but it was a good win. Liking the music near the end. Also, Kageyama filing his nails was nice.
Feb 13, 2016 12:26 PM

Dec 2014
Next week's match should be fun. Hopefully Yamaguchi will have his moment. Really want that serve to succeed.
I need sleep.
Feb 13, 2016 12:29 PM

Aug 2015
That match was great, but I'm so hyped for this next matchup!
Feb 13, 2016 12:29 PM

Apr 2015
i honestly thought number 7 on datekou was annoying as hell. decent episode though, i did enjoy kageyama filing his nails, that was amazing. i can't wait for next episode's match.

also glad they didn't drag out the match between datekou and seijoh. i was rooting for seijoh the entire time.

oikawa is so cute with the peace signs, he's so sassy i love it.
Feb 13, 2016 12:36 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That was a really great effort by Dake Tech and I truly feel for them and their Giant Setter, however Best Boy Oikawa is just too awesome

But be that as it may, it's time for revenge, it's time for second best boy Kageyama to take the title, it's time to prove who the new best setter is, and it's time for Hinata and Karasuno to express their dominance!!!!
Feb 13, 2016 12:39 PM

Aug 2010
THE HYPE!!! Time for ur revenge Karasuno!! :D This is gonna be one awesome match for sure.

The match against Date was nice. Kogane's a good addition. When he gets to his full potential this team will be insanely formidable.

Lol'd at the "Nice catch" the manager told the coach XD And The Date senpais saying serves Futakuchi right that he's having trouble with his kohai :P

Also at Iwa and co feeling refreshed after Oikawa got blocked lol

The part with Yachi getting nervous at Yamaguchi's story was priceless lol
Feb 13, 2016 12:47 PM

Dec 2012
Much Oikawa, 10/10 (and ohohoh it's just the beginning!)
I'm glad they gave this match an almost full episode,it's nice to see a match without Karasuno once in a while,Dateko and Seijou being two of my favorite teams.
My bae Futakuchi has it hard with that (ANOTHER) simple-minded idiot (because what would HQ!! be without this kind of character hm? :>)
Well,I knew the outcome but I still loved Dateko struggling there. C'mon,king Oikawa is at a superior level.

Just look at him in all his glory

also I'm glad they added this I love it
steponmebakuraFeb 13, 2016 12:52 PM
Feb 13, 2016 12:54 PM

Jan 2014
oh god, the suspense is real...
Feb 13, 2016 1:07 PM
Mar 2015
I'm so hyped, but only one is sad for me - 5 episodes.
Feb 13, 2016 1:09 PM
Oct 2015
Oh my god, the hype is just so real. That I'm not ready for this next match. So much suspence and built up for this episode though.
Feb 13, 2016 1:11 PM

Dec 2012
Great to see Aoba Johsai vs Date Tech.
Koganegawa as a 1st year setter is something. Making a few mistakes, but their new Iron Wall is pretty cool.
The Iron wall is strong, but Aoba Johsai still made it through.
Lol Yamaguchi getting all nervous which eventually got Yachi really nervous.
Finally the rematch.
Cannot wait to see Karasuno get another shot at trying to beat them.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Feb 13, 2016 1:15 PM
Jul 2018
Aoba Johsai vs Date Tech was nice.
Feb 13, 2016 1:17 PM

Nov 2014
I bet Oikawa gives the most menacing vibe around him. But, Iwaizumi is menacer than him.
Feb 13, 2016 1:21 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Nice match, interesting new rookie setter for Dateko. They have sick potential.

Yamaguchi x Yachi <3
I'll be so sad if Yamaguchi fails again. Want to see him and Tsukki succeed.
Feb 13, 2016 1:23 PM

Dec 2013
so Karasuno vs. Seijoh will probably take up all the remaining episodes? still hyped nonetheless!
Hypekyuu never fails to amaze me, last weeks episode was better though in my opinion
Feb 13, 2016 1:42 PM

Nov 2014
Let's go Dateko :c
Can't wait to see Karasuno vs. Seijoh

Hi there
Feb 13, 2016 1:49 PM
Jun 2015
Karasuno v. Seijou again, finally!

Really can't wait to see it animated.

Yamaguchi and Yachi's conversation was even better animated than I thought.

The Datekou/Seijou match was really interesting with Koganegawa coming into play. He's such a dork and definitely has a lot to learn. Plus, Iwaizumi being a kickass ace is so great.
Feb 13, 2016 1:50 PM
Apr 2015
Stark700 said:

Is it just me or is Hinata also feeling a bit of fear? Seems somewhat unusual.

It's not fear. That's clearly despair.

They changed the OP to include Daichi's bruise *moi*
Why does it always take a week until I can watch the next ep...
Somehow every club has a dumb/naive person now.
Feb 13, 2016 1:52 PM

Aug 2013
Futakuchi has his hands full with Kogane, but there is a lot of room for growth indeed. The climax of the match was great, didn't expect Iwaizumi to spike the winner. The guy is deadly.

kawaii-despair said:

You just got to love him.

The build for the rematch has been intense! The talk between Kageyama and Hinata displayed their caution and eagerness very well; they are new team now and I just can't wait to see them go all-out.
Feb 13, 2016 2:04 PM

Jan 2015
Cool episode, especially the Oikawa scenes and the Kageyama-Hinata talk at the end. Let's do this Karasuno!

Btw did anyone else feel the animation was slightly worse than usual this week? Seemed a little bland, but maybe it was just my mind playing tricks on me.
Feb 13, 2016 2:08 PM

Jun 2014
Damn that match between Seijoh and Date Tech was intense. A great effort from DT, but we all know Oikawa won't let his team lose.

Putting that aside though, I'm excited as fuck for the rematch between Karasuno and Seijoh (actually, "excited" is a massive understatement). The flashback scenes from the end of S1 made me fight back tears holy fuck. Why you do this Haikyuu? I think it's safe to assume that this match will take the remainder of the season and I don't think I'm ready.

NeBuchan said:
I'm so hyped, but only one is sad for me - 5 episodes.

Actually, there's 6 episodes left.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 13, 2016 2:13 PM

Apr 2013
The match between Date and the Great King wasn't as good as I was expecting tbh, in part because it was breezed through for it to have enough impact. Haikyuu in regards of giving the spotlight to other teams' matches could definitely learn a thing or two from other sports anime.
On a different note, whoever is in charge of the music needs a raise. The ost playing while Kageyama was thinking about their defeat was fantastic.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Feb 13, 2016 2:14 PM

Apr 2015
Awesome match, but the next match is definitely gonna be much more intense! I had a feeling Karasuno was going to go against Seijou again sometime soon. Now I'm just praying that if and when Yamaguchi goes on court again he's going to do fine >.<

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Feb 13, 2016 2:20 PM

Feb 2013
Awww... that was quite obvious, but I really wanted to see Karasuno vs Iron Wall :(
The feels in the end were so strong. Go win Karasuno!
Feb 13, 2016 2:30 PM

Jan 2015
geralt said:
The match between Date and the Great King wasn't as good as I was expecting tbh, in part because it was breezed through for it to have enough impact. Haikyuu in regards of giving the spotlight to other teams' matches could definitely learn a thing or two from other sports anime.
On a different note, whoever is in charge of the music needs a raise. The most playing while Kageyama was thinking about their defeat was fantastic.

I'm actually really glad they didn't drag the match out. It would have been unnecessary even if it amped up the emotional impact. Also, the match was adapted almost panel for panel. Anything added would have been filler and would have unnecessarily taken away from the build up for the next match. Which is the bigger deal this season since it's a redemption match. It's going to take the remaining six episodes to finish it.

I totally agree about the music. It was on point this entire episode especially towards the end with flashbacks. Gorgeous! It made me sad and super excited for the next match
Feb 13, 2016 2:32 PM

Nov 2007
New setter in tall player team, who tosses too high. lol @ everyone's expression because it's too high even for the tall player (just a beginner). So he blocks, too, and is like another wall.

Difficult opponent for NamiDai's character, even though they are winning. Wow, that friend showing serious expression and aimed beginner to break the wall. Next vs. NamiDai's character and very heavy atmosphere. Nervousness is contagious. Strong team is "x6", not '+6". That means to use everyone's ability to the max?

Start of game vs. NamiDai's character's team.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 13, 2016 3:09 PM

Feb 2012

Walking by someone you don't like with the squad like~
Feb 13, 2016 3:16 PM

Jul 2015
They will meet again !! Go Karasuno!
Talk of Yamaguchi with Yachi on nervousness XD
Feb 13, 2016 3:19 PM

Sep 2013
I loved when Aone talked about Hinata and then they passed by each other <3

@basabeo, in this case you certainly mean respect rofl.

Super hyped for next week xD
Feb 13, 2016 3:25 PM

Sep 2015
4/5 The episode was too slow imo.

Even though it was obvious since the beginning that Seijou would win, I still wanted a rematch against the Iron Wall...

Anyways, excited for the next episode o(≧∇≦o)
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Feb 13, 2016 3:36 PM

Oct 2015
The new dateko team doesn't quite convince me
Also, CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK!
Feb 13, 2016 3:40 PM

Oct 2012
Yamaguchi and Yaichi >.<
Iwaizumi was even more scarier than Oikawa.
Feb 13, 2016 3:40 PM

Dec 2014
Noticed they added Daichi's little face-bruise in the OP. That really had to hurt...

Forgot half the episode from the manga, but loved it just the same. Date Tech's new rotation is really fun, arguably moreso than Hinata and Karasuno. Though it was expected that Seijoh would win... at least for this year.
And ooooh, I had forgotten just how magnificent of a bastard Oikawa is. Looking forward to the glorious match that will without a doubt take up the last episodes of this season. Which admittedly is a problem, 'cause the way the manga's running now I'm not sure they'll finish in 3 like with KuroBas.

...Nevermind, they could probably fit in in 3. It'd be a weird mix, but it would work.

Ah, but who cares about that! Either way, next week's episode will be awesome! Three cheers for Date Tech!
Feb 13, 2016 3:41 PM

Dec 2014
Nice episode.
And next is the oh so awaited grudge mach. The HYPE is real!!!
Feb 13, 2016 4:00 PM

Jul 2014
I'm disappointed that we didn't get to see as much of the match as I would have hoped, but Yachi once again proves she is the cutest thing ever.

omg, I can't stand it tooo fkn cute
ibearFeb 13, 2016 6:17 PM
Feb 13, 2016 4:21 PM
Jun 2013
Next episode it finally begins! Looks like this season is gonna end with the same match the previous season did. I didn't read the Manga yet, but can we assume that season 3 will have the powerful start of Karasuno vs. Shiratorizawa?
Feb 13, 2016 5:12 PM

Dec 2013
Can't say I cared for this match at all. The iron wall seems a lot weaker than last season. Kogame was just annoying.

Looking forward to this revenge match tho.
Feb 13, 2016 7:57 PM

Dec 2014
Nice match between Aoba and Date Tech. That final spike by Iwaizumi was really awesome.
I really like the post match scene where Aone said "Opponents who are hard to stop aren't always big or strong" and Karasuno just walked by xD

Felt sad when they showed the flashback of the previous Karasuno Vs Aoba Johsai game.The look on their faces when Hinata's spike was stopped :(
You can really see the tension in the air though, I am so hyped for this :D
Feb 13, 2016 8:08 PM

Dec 2014
i need them Karasuno to get their revenge against Aoba Johsei so bad so i can't wait for next week's episode... ugh i hope they win.
Feb 13, 2016 8:28 PM

Nov 2014
There is something weird about sports anime that succeed to make me really sad when a team loses.
Regardless of my personal attachment to the team, it is just sad to see the result of all the hard work is losing :(

And then comes the flashback of Kurasona vs. Aoba Josi.
All the feels and the nervosity of Kurasono, no one can blame them. I feel really nervous although I am 98% sure the author would've made them win this one.

Next few episode should be amazing :)
Feb 13, 2016 9:01 PM

Jan 2013
naschyamamoto said:
Noticed they added Daichi's little face-bruise in the OP. That really had to hurt...

Forgot half the episode from the manga, but loved it just the same. Date Tech's new rotation is really fun, arguably moreso than Hinata and Karasuno. Though it was expected that Seijoh would win... at least for this year.
And ooooh, I had forgotten just how magnificent of a bastard Oikawa is. Looking forward to the glorious match that will without a doubt take up the last episodes of this season. Which admittedly is a problem, 'cause the way the manga's running now I'm not sure they'll finish in 3 like with KuroBas.

...Nevermind, they could probably fit in in 3. It'd be a weird mix, but it would work.

Ah, but who cares about that! Either way, next week's episode will be awesome! Three cheers for Date Tech!

maybe more seasons if the manga keeps running, who knows C:
Feb 13, 2016 9:03 PM

Feb 2009
Wow, didn't realize how much I missed Oikawa until I watched this episode.... Seriously one of the best sports rivals ever! <3

Words cannot describe the hype I feel for next week.
Feb 13, 2016 10:32 PM

Feb 2015
Woooh, Dateko did their best but Oikawa is glorious. Hype for next week for sure!
rayeineFeb 13, 2016 10:49 PM
Feb 13, 2016 10:43 PM

Jul 2013
mood after watching this ep

Feb 13, 2016 11:09 PM

Nov 2012
seijoh match coming up, the hype is real.
that scene with yamaguchi and yachi was so cute haha.
Feb 14, 2016 5:15 AM

Aug 2007
omg that hype buildup at the end of the ep with kage filing his nails
Feb 14, 2016 5:22 AM

Nov 2011
The Date Tech game was too short.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Feb 14, 2016 5:54 AM

Jun 2013
he set the ball to the coach lol
Feb 14, 2016 7:22 AM
Jan 2015
Aah this episode made me love Futakuchi even more :')
And Iwazumi too!! It was good to see other teams playing for a while. Oh and we also got little Kageyama again~!!!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

252 by egeD19 »»
Apr 4, 7:44 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2016

130 by iamsnakeuu »»
Apr 3, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2015

111 by iamsnakeuu »»
Apr 3, 11:03 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

111 by iamsnakeuu »»
Mar 16, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

110 by iamsnakeuu »»
Mar 16, 7:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.