Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2016 6:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I feel like this episode just has a weird feeling to it.

Takumi still remains relevant in the backgrounds and is still a opportunist with her intentions. Seburo is such a weird place tbh.
Stark700Jan 29, 2016 9:34 AM
Jan 29, 2016 9:53 AM

Jan 2015
Seriously?! The Receptionist was just saw that "Yeah" Signature, and then... Whoa, how famous.

Blue Tigrex? Not so scary. :P
MasceraJan 29, 2016 10:05 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 29, 2016 10:08 AM

Jan 2015
Worst episode so far...
Jan 29, 2016 10:13 AM

Nov 2014
This show is getting tedious.

And what was going on with Clarion? Were they being cute, or did they run out of money?

Jan 29, 2016 10:24 AM

Apr 2010
Well this was interesting to see and more laid back then the previous episodes.
Seems the bad guys are still after them tho.

And interrupting a charity event that way certainly doesn't make you any friends.
Jan 29, 2016 12:45 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Really boring episode, even more than the previous ones which is a shocker. Being weird is good if it's entertaining. If it's weird and boring, it's just weird.

2/5
Jan 29, 2016 12:50 PM

Dec 2014
Meh, guess it was alright. Nothing much happened though.......

Edit:
aikaflip said:
And what was going on with Clarion? Were they being cute, or did they run out of money?

IIRC I think that's done for comedic purposes and not really a budget issue. It did bug me a bit as well.
Burger-MeisterJan 29, 2016 1:15 PM
Jan 29, 2016 1:14 PM
Jul 2018
It was an okay episode.

The company observation parts were quite exaggerating!
Jan 29, 2016 1:46 PM

Jul 2015
Kind of meh episode here tbh. Hopefully next week's ep picks up
Jan 29, 2016 2:43 PM
Oct 2012
Burger-Meister said:
IIRC I think that's done for comedic purposes and not really a budget issue. It did bug me a bit as well.

They do it several times an episode, so yes it is on purpose. While partially comedic there is also an instructive purpose to it. It reminds us of the vital difference between the MC and Clarion.

Which likewise is part of the meaning to this episode (and series), something it seems everyone missed. In this world androids are trash, they HAVE to follow human instruction, and they are treated like personal property. While the MC believes that she has a human brain, she doesn't. She is the next generation of AI android technology, this is why she can use the Pandora properties. Both Takumi and Sahar figured that out from the beginning (which is why Takumi "stole" her), they like such things, and their instructor is the one who made the MC (I think each character has a meaning as well, to be explained below).

Why didn't anyone get what was so cool about the cooking scene? Not only did she teach herself cooking, she taught herself a lifetime of reflexes as well, and even more she learned to improvise in mixing several different national cuisines and created something entirely new. She also learned the value of communication, of working together, and of doing one's best.

This is the difference between the MC and Clarion. Clarion is still mostly a machine. More advanced than most androids, but not at the MC's level. This is why they have her with a blank face so much, she literally doesn't have emotions. The MC does.

The bad guy is the third student. Sahar is opposing him. The third guy has tossed his humanity away in order to become a machine, Sahar remains humans and wants machines to be more humanlike, Takumi is in the middle, she has traded in her body for a machine, she is what the MC thinks she is, but isn't. This has given Takumi a lot of benefits, and she loves the way she is, but this difference (she maintained her own brain) is why she can't use the pandora device (this difference was shown last week when the MC asked the robot how it was feeling and Takumi couldn't understand the point).

Baur I haven't figured out yet, he is some key for humans and androids to interact. How remains to be seen.

I said it last week, but I love how this series is depicting the future. The divide between the technically blessed and those who are not is very real. Lots of stuff happening in the background.
Jan 29, 2016 3:39 PM

Mar 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
Burger-Meister said:

They do it several times an episode, so yes it is on purpose. While partially comedic there is also an instructive purpose to it. It reminds us of the vital difference between the MC and Clarion.

Which likewise is part of the meaning to this episode (and series), something it seems everyone missed. In this world androids are trash, they HAVE to follow human instruction, and they are treated like personal property. While the MC believes that she has a human brain, she doesn't. She is the next generation of AI android technology, this is why she can use the Pandora properties. Both Takumi and Sahar figured that out from the beginning (which is why Takumi "stole" her), they like such things, and their instructor is the one who made the MC (I think each character has a meaning as well, to be explained below).

Why didn't anyone get what was so cool about the cooking scene? Not only did she teach herself cooking, she taught herself a lifetime of reflexes as well, and even more she learned to improvise in mixing several different national cuisines and created something entirely new. She also learned the value of communication, of working together, and of doing one's best.

This is the difference between the MC and Clarion. Clarion is still mostly a machine. More advanced than most androids, but not at the MC's level. This is why they have her with a blank face so much, she literally doesn't have emotions. The MC does.

The bad guy is the third student. Sahar is opposing him. The third guy has tossed his humanity away in order to become a machine, Sahar remains humans and wants machines to be more humanlike, Takumi is in the middle, she has traded in her body for a machine, she is what the MC thinks she is, but isn't. This has given Takumi a lot of benefits, and she loves the way she is, but this difference (she maintained her own brain) is why she can't use the pandora device (this difference was shown last week when the MC asked the robot how it was feeling and Takumi couldn't understand the point).

Baur I haven't figured out yet, he is some key for humans and androids to interact. How remains to be seen.

I said it last week, but I love how this series is depicting the future. The divide between the technically blessed and those who are not is very real. Lots of stuff happening in the background.

You read way too much into it. Nene has still a human brain. Her backstory is simply the backstory told in the anime. No big plot twist.
Jan 29, 2016 4:13 PM

May 2015
Enjoyed a little bit more than previous episode. Pretty rude to interrupt a charity like that, those trash.

Jan 29, 2016 6:40 PM
Oct 2012
Fipse said:
You read way too much into it. Nene has still a human brain. Her backstory is simply the backstory told in the anime. No big plot twist.

Nope, Nene said she had a human brain, but that doesn't mean she has one. Uzar at first accepted this, but even then she had her suspicions "I can't believe THAT's an authorized first-generation". She then tested it with the pandora device.

Though she said that she was overwriting a little "body storage" it is quite clear that is not what pandora does, otherwise Takumi and others could use it with their cybernetic bodies. This show has been clever, they have used hyper reality to distract from getting what is going on, but the course has been set.

Think about it, if Nene were just a girls brain in a robot's body, how could she become a super hacker? Learning a skill like cooking is not a mere mental job, but a mind body technique. She could do both.

So kick back, the director of Ghost in the Shell, knows what he is doing when it comes to AI and cybernetics. Even the hyperactivity is the point. Imagine how fast people's minds are when they can learn 30 years of experience in 3 seconds.
Jan 29, 2016 8:24 PM

Apr 2011
The episode was okay.
Jan 29, 2016 10:40 PM

Nov 2013
Takumis tantrums remind me kind of of Mashiro ( Engaged to the Unidentified ). The cooking outfit of Clarion was great. And I think Buer looks like as someone crossbred Kon ( Bleach ) and a Vortigaunt. And nice to see one of the incapables again. The thugs are lucky, that she ordered retreat.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 29, 2016 10:46 PM

May 2014
What the hell is this?
Final Fantasy?
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jan 29, 2016 10:47 PM
Jan 2015
Takuan_Soho said:
Fipse said:

Nope, Nene said she had a human brain, but that doesn't mean she has one. Uzar at first accepted this, but even then she had her suspicions "I can't believe THAT's an authorized first-generation". She then tested it with the pandora device.

Though she said that she was overwriting a little "body storage" it is quite clear that is not what pandora does, otherwise Takumi and others could use it with their cybernetic bodies. This show has been clever, they have used hyper reality to distract from getting what is going on, but the course has been set.

Think about it, if Nene were just a girls brain in a robot's body, how could she become a super hacker? Learning a skill like cooking is not a mere mental job, but a mind body technique. She could do both.

So kick back, the director of Ghost in the Shell, knows what he is doing when it comes to AI and cybernetics. Even the hyperactivity is the point. Imagine how fast people's minds are when they can learn 30 years of experience in 3 seconds.

This isn't done by the director of any of the ghost in the shell films or tv shows.
Masamune Shirow, who wrote the original ghost in the shell manga, is listed as the concept creator for the 'Pandora in the Crimson Shell' manga, but even then, Kōshi Rikudō is listed as the head writer.

In all probability, Masamune Shirow just slapped his name on the product, and contributed very little to it, hence the lack of quality.
Jan 29, 2016 11:24 PM

Jun 2015
Nothing much happened. A boring episode. :(
Jan 30, 2016 12:33 AM

Jan 2015
Guess it was Monster Hunter.
Jan 30, 2016 2:33 AM

Oct 2015
That was rather slow, a bit of a meh episode. The compnay observations were rather silly. They saw this little yeah signature and all of a sudden they know who it is. She must be very famous despite be sociaphobic.

I still think the Pandora Device is absoloutely ridiculous how they can learn years and years of skills in under a minute, even if she is a robot I still think its stupid.
Jan 30, 2016 7:31 AM

Mar 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
Fipse said:

Well she has a brain. End of story.
Jan 30, 2016 8:04 AM

Jun 2013
Clarion gone white mode many times this episode at least it's funny
Jan 30, 2016 11:47 AM

Sep 2015
The art style swapping back and forth is starting to feel like the art guys are just being really, really lazy.
It's one thing to have a different style, such as a chibi style, when comedy is present. It fits the tone. Having Clarion being a white blob for 90% of the screentime is just massive overkill.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jan 30, 2016 5:57 PM

Apr 2014
i wanted to like this show...first eps seems nice with all the cuteness.
but it seems like everything is going down hill. except clarion
Jan 30, 2016 8:36 PM
Oct 2012
Argis said:
This isn't done by the director of any of the ghost in the shell films or tv shows.

Thanks, for some reason I had it in my memory that this was written by the guy who wrote Excel Saga and was directed by the GITS guy, but as I know all too well, my memory ain't as good as it used to be.

Fipse said:
Well she has a brain. End of story.

We'll see. Haven't read the source so I know I could be wrong, but there is something there. The scan from episode one didn't show a brain case, and there is something about that adapters that was being kept a secret, so time will tell what the reveal is.
Jan 31, 2016 2:09 AM

Mar 2013
Takuan_Soho said:

We'll see. Haven't read the source so I know I could be wrong, but there is something there. The scan from episode one didn't show a brain case, and there is something about that adapters that was being kept a secret, so time will tell what the reveal is.

It is just a story about two girls meeting ;)

Don't read too much into it. It is just silly slice of life with a bit of plot.
Jan 31, 2016 4:44 AM

Jul 2012
Well that was bad, nothing much to say here =/
Jan 31, 2016 2:53 PM

May 2013
Ku-ri-su said:
I still think the Pandora Device is absoloutely ridiculous how they can learn years and years of skills in under a minute, even if she is a robot I still think its stupid.

You probably have never seen GITS, but it should be simple to understand that any skill is information, whether it is megabytes, terabytes or petabytes does not change the fact that information can be copied. The big difference of course is that in this series a mind-machine interface has been created, where information can go both ways, so skills can be copied, analized and copied into another brain.
Feb 2, 2016 2:40 PM

Jul 2009
Fun episode! The companies all sucking up to them was pretty funny XD Then that Klutz guy (or something) at the end hired some punks to get them away from there ... well that clearly didn't work. I can't believe nobody knew it was Nene and Clarion that were cooking XD Plus what was Takumi doing ... they were gone for the entire day and she didn't do anything to BUER?! Please ...
Feb 3, 2016 7:04 AM

Nov 2011
Pleasant episode, the narrative seems much more slice of life than in the past. Anyway I appreciated what has been built to the story and the personal journey of Nene and Clarion, the graphic choice is interesting to me and I like it. Interesting as usual the soundtrack.
Feb 3, 2016 9:57 AM

Aug 2012
I don't think the opinions on this show would've differed if the art was more than avarage, so going for the more laid back comedy seems like a better road to take to me.

Anyways, the episodes do seem mellow, as they're not full pace going for the comedy.
I do hope some exciting fights come along, as it's being established the MC's are capable enough.
Feb 6, 2016 5:07 AM

Jul 2009
Nene's aunt have no chances against her.
Feb 11, 2016 7:36 AM

Dec 2012
WTF why Clarion is not drawing ... The story was too predictable in this episode.
Feb 12, 2016 8:20 AM

Feb 2012
dropped, turned out I cant even consider it a guilty pleasure.
Feb 12, 2016 3:45 PM
Jul 2018
This show needs more Baur.
Jun 5, 2016 5:48 AM

May 2012
Another pretty good episode! Looking forward to see what's next!
Jan 1, 2020 1:16 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Meh episode but it was cute to see them cooking with the green hair girl
Jul 1, 2021 2:35 PM

Feb 2020
Lol at Takumi. She's doing her best in order to investigate BUER. Much to her chagrin, Nene and Clarion always interrupt her plans.

That cooking part was hilarious.

SerafosJan 29, 9:13 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koukaku no Pandora Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

58 by SlammyHammy »»
Oct 16, 2023 5:32 PM

Poll: » Koukaku no Pandora Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

23 by Serafos »»
Jul 3, 2021 2:49 PM

Poll: » Koukaku no Pandora Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

26 by Serafos »»
Jul 3, 2021 2:17 PM

Poll: » Koukaku no Pandora Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

20 by Serafos »»
Jul 3, 2021 1:32 PM

Poll: » Koukaku no Pandora Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2016

28 by Serafos »»
Jul 3, 2021 12:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.