Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 18, 2015 9:16 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh so this is a battle for Yato's way to call out his true name. Glad to see Hiyori making a strong role in this arc as the penultimate episode really highlighted her character and courage.

Bishamon faces Izanami and it's an awesome sight to see. For some reason, I just love seeing her in action lol. Gotta feel bad for Ebisu again because of those heavenly executioners though..damn..what an intense episode. I love how Yato's connections with Yukine and Hiyori has grown this season.
Stark700Dec 18, 2015 9:31 AM
Dec 18, 2015 9:46 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This was the most intense episode yet and is probably my favorite

The suspense, action, feels, development and that cliffhanger, holy fucking shit this was just perfect imo
Dec 18, 2015 9:51 AM

Jan 2012
It's the name game on Noragami this week! :D And Hiyori proves yet again why she's easily the best character. :D Yaboku? Meh! :D Well at least he's back. Is it too much to hope he left Nora behind? Trapped in hell forever? That'd be great! :D Bishamon was pretty useless against Izanami, but she fought much better protecting Ebisu. Somehow a half-dead Yato did well against them too. :D Seems like Ebisu's still a goner though. Finale on Christmas, next week! :D
animefan8800Dec 18, 2015 9:55 AM
Dec 18, 2015 10:05 AM
Jun 2015
The mangaka must have been grinning and rubbing their hands together like Birdman when they were writing this shit. These cliffhangers have been deadly.
Dec 18, 2015 10:11 AM

Feb 2015
Bones did fix some of their mess in this episode, although you can see the pacing suffered a bit in the first half due to how much they screwed with the timeline. Many things from the execution were changed as well (no problem there as they made it longer and more epic). And that conversation between Yato and Yukine in the forest didn't happen either, but I'm OK with it. Juding by the preview, they're sticking to the manga for the last episode, which is awesome because it's the perfect conclusion to the arc.

All in all, probably the most intense episiode of the season, right there with Episodes 4 and 5. It's a shame that Bones didn't have enough time/budget to animate this arc properly, though. It could have been even more awesome!

QUESTION FOR MANGA READERS. BIG SPOILERS!!!
Noragami reading/watching order: http://blessedyuki.tumblr.com/noragami-guide

"2016 will be the year of Sanji" - Eiichiro Oda
Dec 18, 2015 10:14 AM
Jul 2018
AWESOME EPISODE.
- we learn yato's "real name"
- kazuma is a blessed vessel?!
- intense action

dayum cliffhanger... ebisu dont' you die.
Dec 18, 2015 10:15 AM

Jan 2015
Greatness.
Dec 18, 2015 10:21 AM

Aug 2014
Uve23 said:
Bones did fix some of their mess in this episode, although you can see the pacing suffered a bit in the first half due to how much they screwed with the timeline. Many things from the execution were changed as well (no problem there as they made it longer and more epic). And that conversation between Yato and Yukine in the forest didn't happen either, but I'm OK with it. Juding by the preview, they're sticking to the manga for the last episode, which is awesome because it's the perfect conclusion to the arc.

All in all, probably the most intense episiode of the season, right there with Episodes 4 and 5. It's a shame that Bones didn't have enough time/budget to animate this arc properly, though. It could have been even more awesome!

Love said:
AWESOME EPISODE.
- intense action

LOL, it was shown so many times that Kazuma is the badass blessed vessel. xD

Also I think this ep made Yukine a little too OP, and also the changes that Bones did took away some of his and Yato's character development. But it's fine I guess.
Dec 18, 2015 10:39 AM

Jul 2009
Love said:
AWESOME EPISODE.
- intense action

We already knew Kazuma was a blessed vessel lol.

Why is being name Yaboku something to make everyone hate him?

I kinda hope that pacification ring thing just won't hurt Ebisu since they said it will miss if he's pure of heart. He technically did it all for pure reasons...
Dec 18, 2015 10:43 AM

Aug 2010
Friggin epic! I actually liked these changes. It made this climax way more intense than the manga. Not bad Bones. Dat Yukine slash was epic. And the cliffhanger was just too good!!! Ebisu's face was heart breaking. Like he knows it's GGover :*(

Bishamon and especially Kazuma was so damn BA! Owning Kiun like that.

Where did Hiiro go tho? And poor Izanami. U just gotta feel bad for her she just wanted to stuff a friends face with fish XD
Dec 18, 2015 10:50 AM

Aug 2008
Damn, was Nora left behind? Yato did her dirty.
Dec 18, 2015 10:50 AM

Jan 2015
Oh boy... -_-
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 18, 2015 10:51 AM

Jul 2013
Loved the Episode and kinda spoiled the next 3 arcs of the series trying to figure out why Yato hide his real name "Yaboku" :D
Dec 18, 2015 10:52 AM

Nov 2015
yay wiki, would of bugged me for ages wondering where she pulled yaboku from
Dec 18, 2015 10:59 AM

Mar 2014
badass episode yato and yukine show off their strength

hope hiiro wasnt left behind in the underworld though
Dec 18, 2015 11:03 AM

Jun 2014
So Yato's real name is Yaboku, I wonder if we'll get an explanation soon as to how Hiyori figured that out (or maybe it'll come way later, idk). And did Yato leave Nora in the underworld? What a savage. I feel like she'll somehow find her way back though.

The battle between the gods and the punishers was also pretty intense, especially Bishamon against Kiun.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 18, 2015 11:15 AM

Jan 2012
Just why did they have to change the order?! I don't like it...

Dec 18, 2015 11:16 AM

Sep 2014
thebrentinator24 said:
So Yato's real name is Yaboku, I wonder if we'll get an explanation soon as to how Hiyori figured that out (or maybe it'll come way later, idk).

It was literally 'show not tell'. She saw that Yato was super happy with the shrine she made for him and didn't say anything about how she wrote his name on the shrine. Meaning, even though Yato isn't his real name, she wrote it correctly. Since Japanese is a dumb and confusing language, words can be read different ways. So, in essence, what you can get from that is that Hiyori wrote 'Yato' on the shrine, but it can also be read as 'Yaboku'

---------------------

Nice to see that OTP is back together

The sun is a deadly laser
Dec 18, 2015 11:17 AM

Sep 2013
It was okay. I've read the manga and I, honestly, didn't mind that Yato was saved first before Ebisu perished. I was hoping they'd wreck my feelings more than the manga did but I guess not lol.

Japanese language explanation for Yato's real name, I guess:

Anyways, some of the added scenes just didn't "add" up well, imo.

• The punisher's identity. Daikoku and the others were talking about the faces being covered. I'm sure Kiun would've given the hint.
  • Hiiro is forgotten. Is she still down there or not? Manga readers know but for the people who only watched the anime???
  • That little dramatic scene between Yukine and Yato while they're still in the middle of battle lol. I feel like that butchered further character/relationship development for them.
  • Yukine suddenly becoming OP after a month or so of training under Kazuma. What's with that one?

I guess they just needed to fill stuff in for time..

Oh well. Bones tried. We'll just have to see how they'll clean this all up in the next episode.
Dec 18, 2015 11:23 AM

Jun 2014
what a terrible cliffhanger

fuck this

these cliffhangers tho ;_;

also, things are getting kind of confusing, let's see how they manage to wrap things up

I'll be checking out the manga anyway, good job, noragami aragoto
alpha_shadowDec 18, 2015 11:28 AM
:3
Dec 18, 2015 11:27 AM

Nov 2014
Hiyori and Yato are the best couple 2015.

I m getting like Bishamon even more with her tremendous power defeating Kiun.
Dec 18, 2015 11:30 AM

Mar 2014
I loved this episode! It was intense and got me on the edge of my seat the whole time! Damn that cliffhanger though, as always. What really got me this episode was how Hiyori figured out Yato's real name was Yaboku. If it's really just because the characters she carved could be read differently, it doesn't make much sense since she only carved two characters, hence two syllables while Yaboku is three. I really hope they explain it sooner or later, and why Yato didn't want to tell anyone his true name and what's so bad about it! Only one episode left!
Dec 18, 2015 11:34 AM

Jul 2012
Wow such a good episode, I really enjoyed watching this with all the action, suspense, drama, and the feelsy moments. Loved seeing the action scenes showing Bishamon fighting Izanami and her strength with her and Kazuma fighting off Kuin and also of course seeing Yato and Yukine destroying that pacification ring! We also find out Yato isn't his real name but it is Yaboku and I can't wait to learn more about that, also did he drop Nora and leave her in the underworld? Man so much crazy stuff including that crazy cliffhanger which just has me wanting next week so I can see what will happen to Ebisu and everyone else as well!

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYd6rRc9xbA
Dec 18, 2015 11:36 AM

Nov 2009
I am so in love with this serie
Dec 18, 2015 11:38 AM

Jul 2012
Did Yato drop nora while she is in her sword form down there in underworld?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2015 11:38 AM

Oct 2014
Uve23 said:

I guess next ep will end with

It should just cover Chapter 37 of the manga
Dec 18, 2015 11:49 AM

Aug 2014
Typical Bones fashion their concept of a powerful ritual held by multiple gods is basically just a spirit bomb.Lame.Plus its filler.
Dec 18, 2015 11:53 AM

Sep 2014
Uzumaki_Pride said:
What really got me this episode was how Hiyori figured out Yato's real name was Yaboku. If it's really just because the characters she carved could be read differently, it doesn't make much sense since she only carved two characters, hence two syllables while Yaboku is three.

That's not how Japanese works.

Here:

minnydesu said:
The ト character in 夜(ya)卜(to) wasn't just the simple "to" katakana character. It can also be read as "boku" in kanji. Hence, Yaboku.
The sun is a deadly laser
Dec 18, 2015 11:59 AM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode, surprising how Yukine was able to do that. Still futile ultimately.
I wonder if there is a single God that rules above all the others in this universe.
Dec 18, 2015 12:06 PM

Nov 2007
Those who went to the rescue got caught, but somehow released. Only a human can call him out? Only Sawashiro-san's character is out. So "Yato" was not his real name? He didn't tell everyone because that involves with his cruel past... Then Gods came to Ebisu guy, who used ayakashi to protect himself.

From what the girl created, she thought of his real name... "Yaboku"? And he's out. Sawashiro-san's character fights against the team so that the two can escape. FukuJun's character's real power? KajiKaji's character angered HiroC's character so that he can share his infection. Ultimate punishment and HiroC's character planning on stopping it with KajiKaji's character. Ending the ep. with direct punishment on Ebisu guy. They don't give up on giving him the punishment...

27:00 next / finale (wow, too late) The preview seems to show after that.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 18, 2015 12:09 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was so intense.

We finally know Yato's real name.
Dec 18, 2015 12:16 PM

Aug 2013
Again, that animation, I love you Bones. This is how should it be done. Without 3DCG and other shit. Thank you.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 18, 2015 12:18 PM

Jul 2014
Lots of interesting stuff going on here, but what happened to Hiiro? Did Yato just abandon her in the underworld without a second thought? Cos I find it really hard to believe that he would do that, even considering how much Hiiro has screwed up his life.
Dec 18, 2015 12:23 PM

Nov 2014
That was intense. Yato is a badass
Hi there
Dec 18, 2015 12:25 PM

Dec 2014
ok was hoping a little insight on Yati past. Still a badass episode altogether
Dec 18, 2015 12:30 PM

Aug 2014
Intense. Let me just start by saying that I felt really bad for Izanami - all alone again - and Hiiro, who was abandoned just like that. I mean, what's with all the hate for her? I don't read the manga, but in the anime she's not really bad.

Anyway, I really couldn't take those gods with bed sheets over their heads seriously, not only because of that ridiculous appearance, but also because they were so apparently going to fail at everything they try. I mean, Yato never seemed powerful to me, and he cut their strongest attack while he was weakened, unless that was all Yukine.

It's so obvious and annoying Ebisu's gonna die, and he was becoming a favorite character, too.

4/5

Hiiro will never be loved. :/
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Dec 18, 2015 12:31 PM
Nov 2015
Well, seeing Yato finally be freed from the underworld was quite satisfying. And I was also glad to see them include some of the stuff they didn't add in during previous episodes. Usually I'm not a stickler about anime staying on track with the manga since there's often a time crunch, unless the anime does something REALLY screwed up that doesn't make sense... but... I can never say I don't get a little worried when things get changed. The chronology hasn't bothered me much, though, so we'll see how they handle the last episode. If they do it right, it should be a nice way for them to wrap things up :)
Dec 18, 2015 12:32 PM

Feb 2015

That moment when Hiyori called his name. ;__; But still no kiss.

Anyone else felt kinda sorry for her? Think she was just lonely & wanted friends.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2015 12:33 PM

Mar 2014
Loved this episode! A bit different from the manga, but I'm not complaining. :)
Dec 18, 2015 12:35 PM

Feb 2015
Hiyori and Yato together was sweet. The pacification ring looked so cool.
Dec 18, 2015 12:39 PM

Jun 2009
Full of WTF in comparison to the manga
Dec 18, 2015 12:40 PM

Oct 2012
Quite different compared to the manga but I didn't really dislike that. Next week is the last episode D:
Dec 18, 2015 12:42 PM

Dec 2013
I thought for a moment that Kazuma got left behind in the underworld. Felt a little bad for Nora when she actually got left behind.

Cool to learn Yato's real name. Even if I have no idea about the significance of it.

Dat ending! RIP Ebisu.
Dec 18, 2015 12:43 PM

Oct 2015
Can I just talk about how glad I am that Nora got left behind like that? Last thing we needed was HER ruining Yato and the groups reunion. It would be like bringing your affair partner to meet your wife/husband on their birthday. Just not okay.

Bish still isn't my favourite person - I still think she's an idiot and I can't stand her. Having said this, these past two? episodes have put her in an good light, and if it continues like that I could go down with a Bish X Yato ship.

It's nearly over, looks like Ebisu is done for too bad, because Yukine looked like a bad ass when it seemed like he destroyed it.

Dec 18, 2015 12:45 PM

Nov 2009
rsc-pl said:
Again, that animation, I love you Bones. This is how should it be done. Without 3DCG and other shit. Thank you.

You're joking right? The animation was god awful.
Dec 18, 2015 12:47 PM

Dec 2013
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Dec 18, 2015 12:48 PM

Aug 2013
Tamiyi said:
rsc-pl said:

You're joking right? The animation was god awful.

Tell me what is good animation for you.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 18, 2015 12:59 PM
Jul 2015
damn.... everything.... im really confused right now... i shouldn't have read the manga......... damn it
Dec 18, 2015 1:02 PM

Dec 2012
Don't tell me they're gonna change something in the end like s1
Dec 18, 2015 1:05 PM

Aug 2014
kawaii-despair said:
Don't tell me they're gonna change something in the end like s1

They already did, but it looks like they're going to end in similar way that manga went.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noragami Aragoto Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2015

192 by Siigma777 »»
Mar 17, 10:03 PM

» Im getting too old for this anime

DatajI - Mar 9

9 by Fenyy »»
Mar 9, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Noragami Aragoto Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2015

412 by TheAnimeWeeb101 »»
Feb 25, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Noragami Aragoto Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2015

317 by yarwe »»
Jan 16, 4:38 AM

» Is there going to be a next Season for this series, because it is really great?

m_vahhaaj - Oct 5, 2023

27 by animejas »»
Dec 14, 2023 7:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.