Forum Settings
Forums

Second Half of 'Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou' to Air in Spring 2016

New
Dec 11, 2015 10:29 AM
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Apr 2010
During a streaming event of studio Bones' original TV anime Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou, it was announced that the second half of the series will premiere in April 2016. The initial announcement of the series confirmed that the series would consist of two cours, but it was unknown whether it would be split-cours or not. Gen Urobochi and Masaki Tsuji will join the returning staff members as scriptwriters.

Studio Bones announced in July of this year that an original TV anime was slated to premiere in Fall 2015. The first half of the series premiered on October 4 and is expected to run until December 27 with a total of 13 episodes. The series is currently simulcast on MyAnimeList via Daisuki, as well as FUNimation and AnimeLab. Daisuki also announced that they have acquired the rights to stream the second half of the series.

Source: Official Twitter, Daisuki

Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou 2nd Season on MAL

NaruleachJan 10, 2016 2:22 AM

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 11, 2015 10:30 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Here we go.
The supposed second cour is finally announced !
Good news.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 11, 2015 10:33 AM
Oct 2015
DatRandomDude said:
Here we go.
Good news.
İs it really good news ? İ didnt watch it yet . Can you try to tell me by most similar anime to this
Dec 11, 2015 10:33 AM

Sep 2013
Good news. The series doesn't get nearly enough love.
Dec 11, 2015 10:34 AM

May 2013
Many ones from this season already got a second cour...anyway.. I'm pretty exited for this one.
Dec 11, 2015 10:38 AM

Sep 2008
Can't wait for the continuation of the story in April... ;)
Dec 11, 2015 10:39 AM

Sep 2008
talentlessash said:
The series doesn't get nearly enough love.

I understand why it doesn't - and yet I feel it's really a underrated gem... :(
Dec 11, 2015 11:01 AM

Sep 2011
The most under rated show of the year for me, its alot more clever and well thought out than people give it credit for

However urabuchi? I dont know how i feel about this, like his writing doesnt seem like it will fit with the show at all even when the show gets dark

orkuncan said:
DatRandomDude said:
Here we go.
Good news.
İs it really good news ? İ didnt watch it yet . Can you try to tell me by most similar anime to this
Goofy Darker than black with baccano type timeskips mid episode.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 11, 2015 11:02 AM

Nov 2014
So it seems like the rumors were thruth after all and it's gonna be 2-cour long.

Hope this uses his length properly and explains things better.
Dec 11, 2015 11:03 AM

Nov 2011
Definitely an underrated show and not surprising. Originally, it was scheduled as a 2 cour but I think given the amount of projects Bones are working on in 2016, they needed some break to produce the second half.
Dec 11, 2015 11:05 AM

Jul 2007
Easily one of best and most complex shows this year. Feels like anime version of The Watchmen(if it was written in non-linear fashion of The Pulp Fiction)

it is also one of the most underrated shows of the season because it actually requires an attention span longer than that of a goldfish. And some general history knowledge of 40s-80s era.

Great things await.
Dec 11, 2015 11:06 AM

Jun 2014
even with urobutchi on the script i still don't know if i'll get myself to watch the rest of the first half
:3
Dec 11, 2015 11:10 AM

May 2012
Horrible news. This anime does not even deserve to exist

Fai said:
Easily one of best and most complex shows this year. Feels like anime version of The Watchmen(if it was written in non-linear fashion of The Pulp Fiction)

Best ? No. It is one of the most boring shows in this year.

Complex ? Yes, it was so complex that I didn't even know what is going on
Dec 11, 2015 11:13 AM
Mar 2014
Lmao, Urobuchi. Can't wait to see how this goes.
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Dec 11, 2015 11:20 AM

Jun 2014
Still some things that need to be answered, so great news.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Dec 11, 2015 11:22 AM

Jan 2015
2 cours? Unexpected.
Dec 11, 2015 11:23 AM

Sep 2011
thepath said:

How so, the show literally spells out to you exactly whats happening, and what era they are in.

The only thing unexplained is why jiro betrays the bearu which anyone with a brain at this point can put 2 and 2 together.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 11, 2015 11:33 AM

Sep 2010
This show bored me so I dropped it. Not as interesting as the other two shows that air on Sunday.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 11, 2015 11:39 AM

Mar 2012
Why does this shit gets a sequel?
This shit doesn`t make any sense to everything, every single episode is so boring and it makes no sense, it`s like brain dead version of Darker than Black for babies.

Urobutcher will be the script writer on 2nd-cour? the characters will be more robotic indeed, i`ll never watch the 2nd-cour.

The one who create Concrete Revolutio is a fucking idiot.
It`s so bad, i want to re-watch the 2nd season of Darker than Black.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Dec 11, 2015 11:51 AM

Apr 2014
Zeta-Astacion said:
Why does this shit gets a sequel?
This shit doesn`t make any sense to everything, every single episode is so boring and it makes no sense, it`s like brain dead version of Darker than Black for babies.

Urobutcher will be the script writer on 2nd-cour? the characters will be more robotic indeed, i`ll never watch the 2nd-cour.

The one who create Concrete Revolutio is a fucking idiot.
It`s so bad, i want to re-watch the 2nd season of Darker than Black.
It's not a second season if it was planned from the very beginning, it's just a split cour. It says that in the damn article. It's not like this is super popular in Japan or something, so calm the hell down. You are so salty right now it's hilarious.
Dec 11, 2015 11:54 AM

Jun 2008
Yes! I was getting worried that not everything would be explained but since there's a 2nd part then it should be okay...I hope.
Dec 11, 2015 11:59 AM

May 2014
Wondering whether I should watch this or not.
I think I'll add it to my PTW just to be sure.
Dec 11, 2015 12:09 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I don't drop stuff so given that a split-cour is technically just one anime except with a break in the middle I shouldn't really stop halfway through............ but I really, really do not want to watch this. The first cour thus far is just... beyond awful. I cringe every week

Adding Urobuchi to the script might change things up however... but even though I like some of his works, he's been consistently producing terrible stuff the last 2-3 years so idk
Dec 11, 2015 12:31 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Yay for the confirmation! Concrete Revolutio has been one of my favorite anime this season, the series has its own charms, and I've enjoyed every episode so far.

Urobuchi though? I'm on the edge about this, can't say it's good or bad. I guess if he does the finale episodes the show will go out with a bang.

Zeta-Astacion said:

The first part of your sentence doesn't make sense. If it makes no sense to you, I don't think that makes the show brain dead, it would be the other way around. I know people who don't like Concrete Revolutio complain that it's confusing/doesn't make sense and they are turning on their brain, but that's BS because if you were really paying attention and investing your energy into the series, it's not confusing at all. There are only things that are unexplained/not shown yet (pretty much only the historical events in the setting). I can understand if the series is just not your taste or you find it boring because you just do, but the show does make sense, despite its nonlinear storytelling.
tingyDec 11, 2015 12:34 PM
Dec 11, 2015 12:39 PM

Jul 2007
tingy said:
Yay for the confirmation! Concrete Revolutio has been one of my favorite anime this season, the series has its own charms, and I've enjoyed every episode so far.

Urobuchi though? I'm on the edge about this, can't say it's good or bad. I guess if he does the finale episodes the show will go out with a bang.

Zeta-Astacion said:

The first part of your sentence doesn't make sense. If it makes no sense to you, I don't think that makes the show brain dead, it would be the other way around. I know people like who don't like Concrete Revolutio complain that it's confusing/doesn't make sense and they are turning on their brain, but that's BS because if you were really paying attention and investing your energy into the series, it's not confusing at all. There are only things that are unexplained, which is pretty much only the historical events in the setting. I can understand if the series is just not your taste or you find it boring because you just do, but the show does make sense, despite its nonlinear storytelling.

Urobuchi is a guest writer. So one or two episodes at most and even then they might be a joint venture.

Also yeah. The show is best test for an attention span. One can claim to dislike the themes presented or be confused at historical references, political themes and setting(since pretty much everything in show is based upon real life events and happenings in showa era japan), but CLAIMING that show "makes no sense" or "is confusing" is downright ridiculous since the show explains itself quite well, once the viewer turns on the brain that is.

Frankly we have seen the same tendency with all non-linear narrative shows. Whether it is Kekkai Sensen, Durarara, Baccano or Concrete Revolutio - there are always people claiming that there's no "plot" or that "its episodic".
Man those people would hate Tarantino's movies. And overall non-tarantino non-linear narrative masterpieces like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind would most likely be viewed as "complete incomprehensible shit"

Why Am I surprised by this thread though? Concrete Revolutio episode threads revealed a lot about anime community - like the fact that some people do not even know what a "flashback" or "flashforward" in narrative storytelling is.
Dec 11, 2015 12:42 PM

Apr 2014
So it's finally confirmed. Very good news!
Dec 11, 2015 12:47 PM

Mar 2014
>urobuchi
*throws shits in storm's general direction*
Dec 11, 2015 12:54 PM

May 2015
Why is this news? Didn’t we know that this was going to be 2 cour already? I mean, without a second cour this show would’ve been a waste of time.

And no, this show isn’t complex in any way, shape, or form. It’s just the way the story is told that might give you the impression of that…. Is it confusing? Perhaps, but that’s all.

Anyhow, not everyone’s cup of tea. Personally, I find it to be fun, and that’s all. A good way to spend 24 minutes of my Sunday.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Dec 11, 2015 1:08 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Fai said:
tingy said:

Urobuchi is a guest writer. So one or two episodes at most and even then they might be a joint venture.

Also yeah. The show is best test for an attention span. One can claim to dislike the themes presented or be confused at historical references, political themes and setting(since pretty much everything in show is based upon real life events and happenings in showa era japan), but CLAIMING that show "makes no sense" or "is confusing" is downright ridiculous since the show explains itself quite well, once the viewer turns on the brain that is.

Frankly we have seen the same tendency with all non-linear narrative shows. Whether it is Kekkai Sensen, Durarara, Baccano or Concrete Revolutio - there are always people claiming that there's no "plot" or that "its episodic".
Man those people would hate Tarantino's movies. And overall non-tarantino non-linear narrative masterpieces like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind would most likely be viewed as "complete incomprehensible shit"

Why Am I surprised by this thread though? Concrete Revolutio episode threads revealed a lot about anime community - like the fact that some people do not even know what a "flashback" or "flashforward" in narrative storytelling is.

Ah yeah, that's what I thought, with Urobuchi being a guest writer. I feel like when he's only writing for an episode or two in a series, it's probably the beginning and/or the end (Gargantia, A/Z), that's why I said it might end with his episodes. But thanks, I didn't think about it possibly being a joint venture as well.

I remember the complaints with Kekkai Sensen...but at least the former three you mentioned have had good reception overall, whereas it feels like Concrete Revolutio is almost unknown (on MAL) AND un-liked...I know preliminary scores aren't everything, but it's got a terrible score so far. can't believe it's lower than Comet Lucifer
Dec 11, 2015 1:36 PM
May 2015
I hope it will be better than the first season.
Dec 11, 2015 2:15 PM

Jul 2007
tingy said:
Fai said:

Ah yeah, that's what I thought, with Urobuchi being a guest writer. I feel like when he's only writing for an episode or two in a series, it's probably the beginning and/or the end (Gargantia, A/Z), that's why I said it might end with his episodes. But thanks, I didn't think about it possibly being a joint venture as well.

I remember the complaints with Kekkai Sensen...but at least the former three you mentioned have had good reception overall, whereas it feels like Concrete Revolutio is almost unknown (on MAL) AND un-liked...I know preliminary scores aren't everything, but it's got a terrible score so far. can't believe it's lower than Comet Lucifer

I am not surprised tbh.

Kekkai Sensen while it did get the hate at first, latter settled down - It was carried in japan almost solely by fujoshi fanbase and in the vest it did not make that big of a fuss and most viewers treated it as "episodic comedy"
Same with DRRR(yes I had someone genuinely tell me Durarara is "episodic funny show"). Actually if you notice most of those viewers will claim the first season(which was the most straightforward and had most comedic gags) to be the "best" while apparently the newer ones "have no plot" (ironically DRRR is kind of niche in japan too). Just like with Kekkai Sensen, a big part of MAL is watching it solely for moments of characters being silly.

Also in both of above cases, most people knew what to expect when jumping in. With concrete revolutio, that kind of audience expected "kill la kill" or "gurren lagann". They expected wacky comedy and giant robots causing explosions. Instead they got a show that uses unique in terms of anime medium storytelling method and is actually less focused on visual gags and more on telling the story. Cue the hate.

It frankly leads me to conclusion that a modern anime viewer is completely not used to actually having to think or put things together by themselves(I mean we are talking about generation of viewers who had trouble following freaking gakkou gurashi by not being able to recognize and seprate present time story from very clearly marked flashbacks).

The fact that certain idiotic youtuber bitched on how the show "is episodic, makes no sense and has no plot" also did not help matters because we now got the hate-train phenomenon of something being "cool to dislike".

And yeah, its strange to see Comet Lucifer being rated higher, but not so weird to be honest- that show caters to an average neet far more than something like Concrete Revolutio - unlike this show, Comet Lucifer is very basic in terms of plot and a lot more focused on instant gratification and neet-pandering.
AhenshihaelDec 11, 2015 2:40 PM
Dec 11, 2015 2:39 PM

Aug 2014
This is amazing- so happy :D. I still thought it was single cour so I was wondering how it would be possible to finish it in the time they have left XD.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Dec 11, 2015 2:40 PM

Mar 2015
MOST UNDERRATED SERIES THIS YEAR!

also, icchi already spoon feeding information for you if you can't understaand the fuck are happened.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1451538
KumaDec 11, 2015 2:44 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 11, 2015 3:08 PM

Mar 2014
Kuma said:

also, icchi already spoon feeding information for you if you can't understaand the fuck are happened.
You know people are really dumb when ichii is the one doing the explaining.
Dec 11, 2015 3:11 PM

Sep 2014
JizzyHitler said:
thepath said:

How so, the show literally spells out to you exactly whats happening, and what era they are in.

The only thing unexplained is why jiro betrays the bearu which anyone with a brain at this point can put 2 and 2 together.

The writing is a complete mess. If I would want to describe the word "incoherence" I would use this show as example.
Dec 11, 2015 3:17 PM

Jul 2010
Yeah no, this anime wasn't really for me and as much as I like Gen Urobochi, I doubt it will make me watch it again.
Dec 11, 2015 3:23 PM

Aug 2015
With all sorts of specific-character-and-theme-related episodes shown by this series, I am almost expecting this to happen. Besides, it would be a letdown/trouble if the series itself will execute the actual action on the last two episodes.

Dec 11, 2015 3:26 PM

Feb 2014
Good news! The show really intrigued me every time, especially near the end of the series.

I feel disappointed that the show is underrated though.
Dec 11, 2015 3:32 PM

Mar 2015
Paulo27 said:
Kuma said:

You know people are really dumb when ichii is the one doing the explaining.
as i expecting from people.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 11, 2015 3:35 PM

Aug 2015
tetrix1993 said:
Good news! The show really intrigued me every time, especially near the end of the series.

I feel disappointed that the show is underrated though.

Being overshadowed by the more popular One Punch Man (OPM) is one of the reasons. This is despite that both of them concerned about the concepts of superheroes/heroic superhumans. But I still watch both of them.

Dec 11, 2015 3:47 PM

Sep 2011
Miragee said:
JizzyHitler said:

The writing is a complete mess. If I would want to describe the word "incoherence" I would use this show as example.
That doesn't answer my question, im asking what part doesnt make sense, the show goes so far out of the way to explain every little detail unless it gives away the big mystery of the series.

Thats the baffling thing about this complaint, concrete isnt a complex show in the slightest, its mostly episodic with a building overarching narrative that is fairly contained from episode to episode but ultimately all its storylines start and conclude in the same episode. The time skips being jarring is valid butt o say this is incoherent is tantamount more to the viewer's fault more so than show's.
JizzyHitlerDec 11, 2015 5:21 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 11, 2015 5:17 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Eeeeeeeehhhhh!?

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Dec 11, 2015 5:23 PM

Aug 2014
Sounds good. Not sure if I'd remember some details come April though.
Sieg Zeon!
Dec 11, 2015 5:29 PM

Apr 2014
Wait so this was a 2 cour?
Damn, I wish it's just a standalone cour.
Because it's so bad!
Haters always gonna hate.
Dec 11, 2015 5:39 PM

Jan 2011
Didn't we know about this since the beginning?
Dec 11, 2015 5:39 PM

Apr 2015
To me it's not good news. This cour is so boring and messy. And when i say it's messy, it means that even though i understood the episodes and the future/past events, i don't like the way they are evolving the story. Probably i'll watch season 2 because i want to know how this story ends.
sun123Dec 11, 2015 5:44 PM
Dec 11, 2015 5:46 PM

Jul 2007
ReaperCreeper said:
Didn't we know about this since the beginning?

Yes it was announced as a two-cour show. MAL was just MAL.

The main news here though is WHEN the second cour will air.
Dec 11, 2015 5:52 PM

Dec 2015
I'm happy to hear that this show will be receiving a second season!
Dec 11, 2015 7:18 PM

May 2015
That was expected. It wouldn't be very good for the fans or the studio if they just left it hanging like they will almost certainly do at the end of s1.

And it is an original series, so I'm relieved we won't have the constant nitpickers yelling "BONES ENDING" when their show doesn't copy the manga word for word.
Dec 11, 2015 9:33 PM

Feb 2012
Are the people who complain about Concrete Revolutio's scattered storytelling the same people who like Baccano? Because that'd be hilarious.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 15 minutes ago

1 by EcchiGodMamster »»
8 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
13 minutes ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
4 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.