3It was OK
15.2%
2Disliked it
2.5%
1Hated it
1.4%
Average 4.3
277 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 21, 2015 5:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Quite a bunch of action this episode.

About time we see more of the stronger Nobles fighting in the show. As for the episode, I thought it was alright especially considering that the buildup let to this and OST was on par of what I had expected. Amusing at how calm Crowley is during their attacks.

Nov 21, 2015 5:23 AM

Sep 2014
Mika's 'Yu, I've found you!' smile is so precious. >.<

Haha, Crowley's such an OP troll.

Yu and Yoichi reminisce the rape of their squad at Shinjuku.
Some of the areas changed, but that's no problem. Shigure and Sayuri looked lie they were playing cards for a second there, lol.

Goshi illusions OP. How does he do that so perfectly, lol?
Dammit, Shinya. It's common sense to not alert the enemy that you're about to strike! >.<

Haha, gotta love that rest stop. They might as well start drinking tea.
Some bits were extended - for the better, too. It was kinda too spontaenous in the manga.

Crowley's such a lovable, OP bastard.

This episode was handled okay, in terms of adaptation, I doubt the last bit will have as much impact as in the manga due to WIT skipping Shinya and Guren's interactions in the previous eps.

They skipped a scene, but I'm going to guess, from the preview, that it'll be in the next ep.

Again, only 2 chapters and look at the difference. 4- 4.5/5 in terms of adaptation.

Ed card:
NSFW-ish-kinda

Guren's harem best harem.

GureShin is kill. Not that I ship it.
mira-pyonNov 21, 2015 7:25 AM
The sun is a deadly laser
Nov 21, 2015 5:25 AM

Nov 2007
Saving as much as people getting caught as possible because their main mission is to survive until the main team from Shinjuku comes.

SuzuKen's character is still too strong that Nakamura-san's character is in pinch. Main guy caught up, but hoping he is ok at that last moment.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 21, 2015 6:34 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Team Crowley showing why they are fabulously top OP for everyone lol
Nov 21, 2015 6:41 AM

Jun 2008
I thought the director for this episode did quite a terrible job. It's like, when it's finally Guren's turn to do something cool, the director, the animators, whatever - they all go YOLO or something and we get the shittiest episodes. I thought even the music wasn't so fitting. Maybe it's because the screen - the animation - had like no energy, no fluidity, no... I don't even know.

I thought things were really getting better (like esp with Lululu Lalala episode) with the battle animation but THIS EPISODE ER MY GOD MY EYES. SEASON 1 HELLO

OTOH closeup of Shinya so fabulous thank you thank you I just wanted fabulous Shinya and some gureshin yes
Aryashine!
Nov 21, 2015 6:54 AM

Dec 2013
Crowley really is just too op for anyone come close to being able to fight him properly.

Seeing him hold that bird was hilarious!

OST was really nice in this episode.
Nov 21, 2015 6:59 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That cliffhanger! D:

This series really gets very good now. I hope, nothing happens to Guren, he's my favourite.
Nov 21, 2015 7:00 AM

May 2010
well that was absolutely pathetic. a new low for this show.
Nov 21, 2015 7:05 AM

Aug 2013
Seriously?
It's obvious that Yuu won't die, but...
Not bad episode.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 21, 2015 7:20 AM
Jun 2014
It was a OK episode i guess. they did more talking about fighting and friendship then actual fighting. Yu will go into badass mode any minuet now.
Nov 21, 2015 7:39 AM

Apr 2015
Okay episode. Vs. Crowley wasn't much, but it's good to see them going up against a really strong character (that did barely anything).
Nov 21, 2015 7:49 AM

Jun 2010
This series really keeps dropping the ball. Somehow all its characters have suddenly forgotten they wield demons and have super soldier pills. Why do they keep fighting so half assed? its so fucking moronic it hurts.
Nov 21, 2015 7:57 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Hmm....that rescuing task....was way a bit too easy, I thought there would be traps or ambushes.

Shinya (the sniper guy) was talking too much, he could have landed a clean shot if he just shut up and shoot Crowley immediately instead.

Guren looked weaker it seems, he didn't take his meth after all.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Nov 21, 2015 8:25 AM

Jul 2015
I don't know why but this episode felt boring even though a lot of action. No Shounen ai in this episode. My prediction is that Mika will save Yuu because power of bromance.
Nov 21, 2015 8:28 AM

Jan 2014
Crowley is disturbingly happy. I mean I love Kenichi Suzumura characters a lot, but the fact this guy is so OP and can be so cheerful all the time is downright scary.

It is really ridiculous how strong this guy is.
Nov 21, 2015 8:37 AM

Feb 2015

Guren and Shinya were clearly outmatched. What a way to end an episode. I'm still waiting for Mika to show up.

SchwingBonerNov 21, 2015 8:42 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2015 8:46 AM

Feb 2009
why is crowley such a troll lol. it's almost getting annoying watching him toss my faves around. i hope yuu does something worth it cuz it's not fun watching the these unspeakable horrors happen to the good guys with no breaks whatsoever.

Nov 21, 2015 8:53 AM

Jun 2014
Another ok episode, we got to see some action between OP Crowley and Guren and co. I almost forgot how Crowley is just on a different level of OP though, it's practically unfair. He doesn't even need Horn and Chess since he doesn't break a sweat.

Well let's see how they counter Crowley after this one-sided beatdown.

EDIT: Almost forgot to mention, Shinya probably would have had a better chance of getting Crowley with his surprise attack if he didn't waste time talking to him first. Forget your "checkmate" crap, just shoot him. Crowley probably still would have dodged, but he most likely wouldn't have had enough time to throw Guren at Shinya. Ah, anime logic.
thebrentinator24Nov 21, 2015 8:57 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 21, 2015 8:55 AM

Oct 2008
I guess in exchange for more action we get a noticeable drop in animation quality...
Quite a few shots in which the characters' faces were distorted.
They used ~1min of footage from the last episode to fill the start too.
Nov 21, 2015 9:06 AM

Dec 2012
Instead of shooting immediately that guy wasted like 5 seconds talking.
*Intense Facepalm
Why can't you attack someone in anime without talking/screaming first?

Nov 21, 2015 9:18 AM

Jan 2013
Wow. This episode was bad.

Nov 21, 2015 9:24 AM

Oct 2008
LuciferIAm said:
This series really keeps dropping the ball. Somehow all its characters have suddenly forgotten they wield demons and have super soldier pills. Why do they keep fighting so half assed? its so fucking moronic it hurts.

My understanding is that they cannot take more than one pill within a certain period of time or it will wreck hell on their body. They explained this in the 1st cour. They took the pills when they started the mission of fighting the nobles, so I don't think they can just take it again.

As for the demons, I'm not really clear (maybe a manga reader can confirm) but iirc it's a risk to manifest their demons when the vampires are right in front of them as their physical bodies will become weak.
Nov 21, 2015 9:37 AM

Jun 2010
komasan said:
LuciferIAm said:

My understanding is that they cannot take more than one pill within a certain period of time or it will wreck hell on their body. They explained this in the 1st cour. They took the pills when they started the mission of fighting the nobles, so I don't think they can just take it again.

As for the demons, I'm not really clear (maybe a manga reader can confirm) but iirc it's a risk to manifest their demons when the vampires are right in front of them as their physical bodies will become weak.
Which makes all the less sense considering they are fighting far superior vampires, specifically targeting nobles. There is literally no legitimate reason to not go all out right away. All its doing is being a massive plot hole.
Nov 21, 2015 9:54 AM

May 2013
Crowley is op af.Now imagine Ferid is stronger than him and Krul is even stronger than Ferid.Do humans stand a chance at all :(?
Lead me out of the dark,bishounen space Jesus.
Nov 21, 2015 10:04 AM

Jul 2014
Good fighting, but it's really creating a massive plot hole by having the characters forget they can summon demons and stuff to help them fight.

Also, what a pointless cliffhanger. Yu won't die cos he has the protagonist's plot armour protecting him.
Nov 21, 2015 10:07 AM

Aug 2008
Good action scene. Damn cliffhanger.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Nov 21, 2015 10:10 AM

Dec 2014
action drama altogether
Nov 21, 2015 10:14 AM

Mar 2014
Eww, this episode seemed too much slow paced to me. I want more :c
Nov 21, 2015 10:15 AM

Apr 2007
This series still has the great atmosphere and music down. Fun episode, Crowley's positive attitude in all this just makes it so amusing.

thebrentinator24 said:
Almost forgot to mention, Shinya probably would have had a better chance of getting Crowley with his surprise attack if he didn't waste time talking to him first. Forget your "checkmate" crap, just shoot him.
This part annoyed me so much. I'm disappointed in Shinya :I
Nov 21, 2015 10:39 AM

Jan 2015
Great episode but the animation was terrible.
Nov 21, 2015 10:51 AM

Nov 2014
damn that cliffhanger
Hi there
Nov 21, 2015 10:57 AM

Jan 2012
Pretty good cliffhanger even if Yu can't die. A bit too much planning but the action we got was nice. Crowley really is too powerful though. How are the humans supposed to win against monsters like him?
Nov 21, 2015 11:07 AM

Feb 2015
Damn...!! That cliffhanger though....!
I watched it so seriously that i didn't even realize that the episode already ended.
That Noble vampire really pissed me off, fighting Guren and the other guy like it ain't nothing to him.

The end card.....Not bad :D

GosuGian said:
Instead of shooting immediately that guy wasted like 5 seconds talking.
*Intense Facepalm
Why can't you attack someone in anime without talking/screaming first?

AGREE!!!!!!!
I really pissed off at that scene.
Why can't he shut up and just shot that shit vampire. (Maybe he wants to act cool)
I really got mad at that scene.
#AnimeLogic
YizelTroNov 21, 2015 11:18 AM
Nov 21, 2015 11:18 AM

Apr 2011
I thought it was a good episode but I guess you can't please everybody.
Nov 21, 2015 11:35 AM

Aug 2013
What an awful episode, almost everything felt so wrong, the pace, the vampires now seem to be retarded and wtf was the 15 min introduction?

1/5 for me, worst episode of the anime so far.

Monochrome said:
This series still has the great atmosphere and music down. Fun episode, Crowley's positive attitude in all this just makes it so amusing.

thebrentinator24 said:
Almost forgot to mention, Shinya probably would have had a better chance of getting Crowley with his surprise attack if he didn't waste time talking to him first. Forget your "checkmate" crap, just shoot him.
This part annoyed me so much. I'm disappointed in Shinya :I

Same here.
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Nov 21, 2015 11:48 AM

Sep 2014
danieltortoisee said:
Good fighting, but it's really creating a massive plot hole by having the characters forget they can summon demons and stuff to help them fight.

Also, what a pointless cliffhanger. Yu won't die cos he has the protagonist's plot armour protecting him.

Guys, I have no idea what you're on about

Goshi - Used an illusion(with HELP from his DEMON) to help fight off the fodder vamps
Guren - Called out Mahiru-no-Yo, his DEMON to stop him from destroying bones as he hit places.
Shinya - Manifests his demon all the time. Remember those blue tigers? Yeah.
Yoichi - Used Gekkoin at the start/mid point of the ep

Ofc, those are only a few. Why? Because
1) Manifestation leaves the body helpless
2) Possession makes the user susceptible to becoming fully taken over by the demon.

In a battle like this, against Crowley, an OP af vamp, doing either of those would put the user at risk.

This is addressing everyone who's complaining about 'not using the demon weapons'.
The sun is a deadly laser
Nov 21, 2015 12:07 PM
Aug 2012
Please, can someone write the title of the OST during the battle or post the link to download it, it was played after the "break" in the middle of the episode, around 15:40. It was fitting perfectly action during this episode ;_;
Nov 21, 2015 12:17 PM
Jul 2018
Guren and Shinya are no match for Crowley!
Nov 21, 2015 12:24 PM
Jun 2015
hm this kinda reminds season 1 ending?

Crowley again guren cant beat him everyone about to die and Yuu going berserk??

Also if there are like 10-20 Nobles like crowley or close to his level i do not see how humans can win at all.

A small army of them could prolly take out tens of thousands humans.Curious how humans managed to survive like this so far....

Well curious for later episodes the fights seem good at least^^.
Nov 21, 2015 12:24 PM

Jul 2014
Y DID U COME YU??? JUST LET THT WEAK FUCKER GUREN DIE. HE IS THE BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT IN MY LIFE EVER
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Nov 21, 2015 12:45 PM

May 2015
Great episode. OST is still top notch. Crowley is going to be one difficult obstacle to take down. That cliffhanger though, fuck.

Nov 21, 2015 1:18 PM

Jan 2013
I literally laughed at the cliffhanger. It was so obvious yet so unexpected. Damn it.

The pacing is starting to feel weird. It's probably because at the beginning they rushed like hell and now for a while they've been slowing down drastically, but idk it just feels weird to me.

The moment I'm most waiting for is obviously not going to be in the next episode, preview told me that much.

More Hiiragis next episode. Please Kureto go away, I don't want to see you right now.
Nov 21, 2015 1:45 PM

Oct 2015
Eh it was okay at best, the ep was too slow in the beginning, and the animation was very weird today, it was very on and off, especially on the battle scenes.

I demand more Mika! *slams fist on table* but I'm looking forward to the next few eps since it's getting closer to the recent manga chaps and that means... good things for the mikayuu fans.
Nov 21, 2015 1:47 PM

Jul 2010
Since i'm not a huge fan of this series in general, i enjoy a lot when Crowley shows up cause i just like how trolly he is.Also he's way too op for anyone in there lol
Nov 21, 2015 1:55 PM

Aug 2015
Well Guren and his boy dont stand a chance against Crowley. And of course the episode ends with a cliffhanger.
Nov 21, 2015 2:04 PM

May 2015
Crowley too op but I don't hate his chara maybe he's second to shinoa in my favorite list for this anime
Nov 21, 2015 2:06 PM

Feb 2011
yu got his annoying side back...

crowley was amusing, he was playing with them xD

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Nov 21, 2015 2:26 PM
Aug 2015
Can someone pleasseeee tell me which song played during the fight scene?? It's the same song that played during episode 4 and I can't find it anywhere.
Nov 21, 2015 2:37 PM

Jul 2015
Great episode, lots of action. What i find really strange is that Crowley is really calm during the fighting. I hope that confidence gets him killed.
Nov 21, 2015 2:43 PM

May 2014
So many GureShin feels that I can't hold them all.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Season 3?

RealityChanges - Jul 1, 2023

49 by Alex_the_reaper »»
Feb 10, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

348 by Rosxlie »»
Jan 27, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2015

468 by Hanarose72 »»
Jan 6, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

207 by Craneface »»
Nov 12, 2023 1:00 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

245 by Desaturate »»
Jul 16, 2023 6:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.