Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 17, 2015 12:22 PM

Nov 2015
I played the beta, and thought it was okay. How is the final product, and is it worth $60?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 17, 2015 12:34 PM

May 2014
No, this is what happens when EA rushes a game once again. If only DICE had 6 more months it would've been amazing. But you know, you have to release it before the movie to make all the money whilst the hype is there. The game gets boring way too fast, don't buy it.
Nov 17, 2015 12:50 PM

Jul 2007
No. It is a movie-tie-in level of a game. Its not even battlefront. Its a money stealing scheme.
Nov 17, 2015 1:51 PM

Oct 2013
Nope. No depth in gameplay. Severely lacking in content. Already selling DLC season passes containing as many new maps as maps on release, and will thus destroy the dying playerbase via segregation down the line.
Nov 17, 2015 5:06 PM

Aug 2010
Absolutely not. The game is lucky with the scores gaming sites are giving. Just look at all the negative points from most reviews:
-Repetitive combat
-Inconsistent quality in maps and game modes
-Lack of content
-Lack of weapon customization and slow progression
-Lack of tactical depth
-No decent solo play options
-Overpriced dlc, which probably includes the rest of the game
How can this game rate more than a 5 or 6? Lazy and a cash grab. Yet again reviewers afraid of punishing games with negative scores, even tho the cons far outweight the pros.
Overall, its garbage if you are not a multiplayer shooter fanatic. Hoping it flops on sales.
Nov 17, 2015 5:26 PM

Jan 2013
GrumpyWolf said:
How can this game rate more than a 5 or 6? Lazy and a cash grab. Yet again reviewers afraid of punishing games with negative scores, even tho the cons far outweight the pros.
'Sex sells', where nostalgia is the sex of today's generation.
Nov 17, 2015 5:51 PM

Jul 2013
Yet again, over hyped AAA trash. Keep piling them up. Glad I don't give money to eat this shit.
Nov 18, 2015 12:19 AM
Jan 2014
GrumpyWolf said:
Overall, its garbage if you are not a multiplayer shooter fanatic. Hoping it flops on sales.

Keep hoping. It's got the Star Wars name on it so it'll sell like hotcakes.
Hotcakes filled with shit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2015 2:28 AM

Jan 2012
No. Gun combat sucks and is worse than BF4 in every way.
Controlling heroes feels and looks like you're controlling a headless chicken riding a unicycle.
It get's repetitive extremely fast.
Maps feel lifeless and toned down for hero combat.

Overall it took all the good elements from BF added lasers , light sabers and heroes and tried desperately to sell the game on the heroes part , and thus molded the game with that in mind (Which is very apparent if you look at level designs and how "flat" everything looks).

My recommendation is to wait a few months and see if it improves , otherwise don't buy it. It's currently a steaming pile of.......
Nov 18, 2015 6:04 AM

Oct 2014
PC Gamer just wrote a review. 72/100. It looks awesome because its Star Wars but other than that, its a very shallow multiplayer shooter.

Disappointed to hear that.
Nov 18, 2015 6:08 AM
Jul 2018
I enjoyed the beta but I won't buy it for the current price.
Nov 18, 2015 6:50 AM

Apr 2015
my friend bought it for me for $40 and i think its worth it
its shallow but very fun to play, some people keep saying its a battlefield 4 reskin.. yeah.. i wish.
the biggest disappointment are the maps, it has 12 and will be getting 2 more with the upcoming battle of jakku free dlc.. which is fine.. but if you're planning on playing bigger gamemodes such as walker assault and supremacy you only get 4 maps.. thats absurd.
the graphics and sounds are just perfection
Nov 18, 2015 7:39 AM

Aug 2012
Maybe when all the content has been released and when it's cheap, maaaaaaybe...
Nov 19, 2015 10:40 PM
Jul 2015
Honestly, no.

I really tried. I really, really, REALLY tried.

It's just not Battlefront.
Nov 19, 2015 10:41 PM

Nov 2014
hoopla123 said:
It is absolute garbage.

Nov 19, 2015 10:45 PM

Jan 2013
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1436567&show=0#msg42548321

Not to say I told you so,

...But it's not like I don't know a thing or two.
Nov 19, 2015 11:01 PM

Nov 2012
If its was $30.00 and had all of the content unlocked on day one with no Add on DLC then it'd be a solid buy most likely. But as it is right now its overpriced and a good portion of content is locked behind that stupidly expensive season pass thing.

I watched at least 3 review of it and they were all saying the exact same thing. The graphics and sound were top notch but the game doesn't have staying power to keep you playing beyond the first few hours.

It was lazy as fuck of the developers to not make any sort of passing attempt at a campaign or story mode given such a beautiful rendition of a star wars setting that turned off a lot of people like me . I not a FPS fan by any means but I play them sometimes if they have a decent storyline .
midnightbladeNov 19, 2015 11:05 PM
Nov 19, 2015 11:08 PM
Dec 2011
The game takes no skill to play and based on the Beta was filled with shitters. If it's MP focused the the game isn't completely out there's no reason to buy it.
Nov 20, 2015 2:29 AM

Aug 2013
It looks and sounds like a massive AAA title but feels like more of the multiplayer mode of a bigger game by itself, if you get what I mean.

Its ok the graphics are gorgeous the environments look better than they do in the freaking movies, trees splinter when hit by blaster fire its incredible to look at and listen to but the world is so good and so much detail has been put into it that the maps feel wasted an a standard shooter multiplayer. The amount of times I got distracted just looking around, the games world begs to be explored and looked at in like an rpg in an FPS you don't have time to see surroundings just shoot people seems like a waste of good design.

The games ok but I'd wait till it was half price before buying as a full price purchaser its not worth the £45 + season pass you'll really need to get enough out of the experience.

If I had to pick fallout 4 or this I would have picked fallout 4 I think I made the wrong choice in holding back on fallout for battlefront when its battlefront I should have held back for a few month.
Nov 21, 2015 5:05 AM

May 2013
It's okay.

It's not what you'd expect if you've played the original two Battlefront games.

Looks gorgeous, sounds gorgeous, the sense of scope (at least on Hoth and Endor) is excellent.
But it lacks in everything else.

I'm hoping it ties in to the new films.... a bit more. I.E Can play as Empire vs Rebels but then the next map could be New Order vs Resistance or whatever the new factions in the new films become.

That's probably just my pipe dream though.

Buy it if you're a fan of Star Wars. Don't if you're a fan of deep and complex shooters.
Nov 23, 2015 12:13 AM

Jul 2007
EA desperate to market the shit game by trying to get famous people to shill for it.
Sadly even famous people have standards
Nov 23, 2015 5:57 AM

Aug 2013
Who?

breaking a game disk to share an opinion that doesn't actually explain anything but swears. Is he 5? he could've sold or donated that game to a number of charities for kids that exist to take in peoples toys and electronics for god sake. What a baby.

I don't care how much you hate a publisher or what they've done with a game a lot of people still worked really hard to make it just so some entitled prick can snap it for likes? how would you like it if your company worked on something and you put a lot of hours making say the guns look as good as you can make them for people and they just spit on it. Entitled games press (I assume) at its best once again. Games journalism is so toxic I quit after my studies. By all means give something a bad review, EXPLAIN why its not a good title and what can be done to change it but this? this is something a spoilt child does with his Christmas gift his parents worked hard to buy him.
SpooksNov 23, 2015 6:09 AM
Nov 23, 2015 7:06 AM

Jul 2007
Pacifica_Ocean said:
Who?

Yes, let's fall back to usual deffensive position of not knowing who famous people are and trying to belittle their fame.

Unless you have been living in a barrel in some hillbilly desert, there's no way you would not know what Breaking Benjamin is.
Nov 23, 2015 7:10 AM

Jan 2013
Pacifica_Ocean said:
Who?

breaking a game disk to share an opinion that doesn't actually explain anything but swears. Is he 5? he could've sold or donated that game to a number of charities for kids that exist to take in peoples toys and electronics for god sake. What a baby.

I don't care how much you hate a publisher or what they've done with a game a lot of people still worked really hard to make it just so some entitled prick can snap it for likes? how would you like it if your company worked on something and you put a lot of hours making say the guns look as good as you can make them for people and they just spit on it. Entitled games press (I assume) at its best once again. Games journalism is so toxic I quit after my studies. By all means give something a bad review, EXPLAIN why its not a good title and what can be done to change it but this? this is something a spoilt child does with his Christmas gift his parents worked hard to buy him.
I interpreted the message as "this game is so bad I'm gonna break the disc so nobody has to suffer from me giving it to them cause I didn't like it" or something.
Nov 23, 2015 7:14 AM

Aug 2013
CookingPriest said:
Pacifica_Ocean said:
Who?

Yes, let's fall back to usual deffensive position of not knowing who famous people are and trying to belittle their fame.

Unless you have been living in a barrel in some hillbilly desert, there's no way you would not know what Breaking Benjamin is.

I honestly literally have no idea who that is.

Syrup- said:
I interpreted the message as "this game is so bad I'm gonna break the disc so nobody has to suffer from me giving it to them cause I didn't like it" or something.

If a car company sends me a car to review if I don't like it I'd just review it to point out whats bad so others don't go and buy it. I wouldn't smash it up with a crowbar and post a picture of my thug life to make a childish point same with games or movies. you make your point through grown up means.
Nov 23, 2015 7:15 AM

Jul 2007
Syrup- said:
Pacifica_Ocean said:
Who?

Also the band name was born from the singer breaking instruments during his solo program.
Its only fitting he would do that to a disc.

Pacifica_Ocean said:

If a car company sends me a car to review if I don't like it I'd just review it to point out whats bad so others don't go and buy it. I wouldn't smash it up with a crowbar and post a picture of my thug life to make a childish point same with games or movies. you make your point through grown up means.
Its not a review copy. Its his own bought copy.
Pacifica_Ocean said:

I honestly literally have no idea who that is.

Yes we got it you don't care who it is. Please stop with the tropes of pretending not to know who that it.
Nov 23, 2015 7:18 AM

Aug 2013
So its some kind of American rock group?. Sorry I don't really keep up with bands I'm sure Ive heard some of its music if you say its so big but honestly I'm not in the habit of knowing band names from the one off songs I might here.

Why would anyone expect a band to be able to review a game? might as well ask a random guy on the street.

It is funny that you honestly believe I'm making this up because im really not. Ive never took any interest in band names, play lists or whatever. I like music like the next person but Ive never bothered with the bands themselves unless I really like them. so sorry for not knowing every band out there *jazz hands*

If you would trust in the words of some band you like that a game sucks with no actual explanation or examination of why then no wonder your judgement of fallout 4 was so poor before it even came out based on little information. BRB going to ask the mailman his views on Battlefront. If he says its bad and breaks a disk in front of me I'll have to believe it without judging for myself or forming my own opinion.

CookingPriest said:
Its not a review copy. Its his own bought copy.

Then that makes it even dumber because he already gave the company his money and could have easily have denounced it without adding to its sales revenue lololol
SpooksNov 23, 2015 7:24 AM
Nov 23, 2015 7:26 AM

Jan 2013
Pacifica_Ocean said:

If Ford sent you a Pinto and told you they would give you money if you told all your friends to buy the car, I'm sure you would destroy it without mercy. EA is fucking disgusting and this kind of hype shows just how desperate they are to save this failing game. Major fans of both Star Wars and the Battlefront series should feel very betrayed by EA. Destroying the disc is far from a childish act, it is an appropriate image to display the frustration towards this "finished" product. If you ask me, EA is literally shitting on nostalgia itself.
Syrup-Nov 23, 2015 7:29 AM
Nov 23, 2015 7:33 AM

Aug 2013
Syrup- said:

If Ford sent you a Pinto and told you they would give you money if you told all your friends to buy the car, I'm sure you would destroy it without mercy.

Yeah with words, I'd tell people exactly why the car is shit showing a destroyed car may be a "message" but a far better one is letting know why its bad, it could just be personal taste at work. You have to explain why its bad as a car objectively and then let others rant about how shit ford is.

At least thats what I'd do after all a publisher and developer are responsible for a game. Doing stuff like this just puts further misplaced blame on the developers lumping them in the evil publishers A lot of reviewers tend to do this and it gets individual game devs a lot of hate and some loose their jobs over negative feedback which isn't even their fault. They're slaves to the evil publishers. If he already bought the game hes not putting anyone off because it wasn't explained why its bad so others would go and buy it to see for themselves anyway, the money is already in the publishers hands so they don't really care and its still free publicity. The only people who loose are the devs if anyone fires hate towards Dice who did the best they could on a timeline that is far below any other AAA release yet is anyone giving Dice a break or a thumbs up for at least releasing a functional game? no they're getting the blame for the DLC pack which is entirely on EA.

I doubt the band would like it if someone er..famous I guess snapped their CD and said it was shit because of what their manager decided to do with the song list or something.

As for CookingPriest I looked it up I do know who you're talking about now. They're that band that made that extremely overused Halo 3 montage music. Literally the only thing I remember from them and it was like 6+ years ago so obviously I wouldn't know them.

It became a parody it was so overused

SpooksNov 23, 2015 7:38 AM
Nov 23, 2015 7:37 AM

Jan 2013
You realize that's Instagram right? Visuals speak louder than words on there. A broken disc of one of the most anticipated games of the year is going to send a giant message to people.
Nov 23, 2015 7:40 AM

Aug 2013
Syrup- said:
You realize that's Instagram right? Visuals speak louder than words on there. A broken disc of one of the most anticipated games of the year is going to send a giant message to people.

Well it doesn't make it any less retarded by any standpoint and trusting it as a good source of why the game sucks is equally bad. Well at least im not going to start breaking things I buy.
Nov 23, 2015 7:43 AM

Jan 2013
Pacifica_Ocean said:
Syrup- said:

Well it doesn't make it any less retarded by any standpoint and trusting it as a good source of why the game sucks is equally bad. Well at least im not going to start breaking things I buy.

Uh good for you, you're so mature ranting about how grown up you are on a forum for anime. There's a reason this guy has any popularity at all, and it's clearly because he knows how to grab his audience's attention. If you wanna call it childish that's up to you, but I'm sure he doesn't just go around breaking things for the fun of it.
Nov 23, 2015 7:51 AM

Aug 2013
Syrup- said:

Uh good for you, you're so mature ranting about how grown up you are on a forum for anime. There's a reason this guy has any popularity at all, and it's clearly because he knows how to grab his audience's attention. If you wanna call it childish that's up to you, but I'm sure he doesn't just go around breaking things for the fun of it.

no need to feel upset, I clearly explained my reasoning.
Nov 23, 2015 8:07 AM

Jan 2013
Eh.

One of the few DICE games where a single-player campaign would have actually enhanced the game.
Nov 23, 2015 8:09 AM
Mar 2015
hoopla123 said:
It is absolute garbage.
Nov 23, 2015 8:17 AM

Aug 2013
CaimTheJoyful said:
Eh.

One of the few DICE games where a single-player campaign would have actually enhanced the game.

I would have prefered galactic conquest worked into multiplayer and also the rebels so far have no ground vehicles the empire has the AT-ST so thats unfair.

but this was all EA Dice got half the development time of a normal AAA game so obviously EA said just make it multiplayer, give it the multiplayer basics because those sell. Nothing more.
Nov 23, 2015 9:34 AM

Feb 2014
No.

Who in their right mind would ever buy an EA game? Always buggy, chock full of DLC when that content should have been available in the beginning, false advertisement.

EA is junk.
Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons.
It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
-Walt Whitman

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Nov 24, 2015 2:50 PM

Jul 2007
http://www.ea.com/news/the-start-of-your-star-wars-adventure

AHAHAHAHAHA

"we fucked up, our sales are tanking and fanbase is abandoning us, let's switch the map DLC people paid for to be free now!"
Nov 24, 2015 4:37 PM

Jan 2013
Oh boy! Two whole maps!
Nov 24, 2015 4:42 PM

Jun 2014
I got it in a PS4 bundle so it's pretty much free anyway, doesn't bother me too much.

Kind of wish I bought the Black Ops 3 bundle instead though, it was $50 more but it came with a a terabyte of data vs 500gb. I just didn't like the design of the Black Ops PS4.
Nov 24, 2015 4:42 PM

May 2012
Nov 24, 2015 5:01 PM

Apr 2015
CookingPriest said:

AHAHAHAHAHA

"we fucked up, our sales are tanking and fanbase is abandoning us, let's switch the map DLC people paid for to be free now!"

they said that battle of jakku will be free before the game releases
Nov 24, 2015 5:28 PM

Mar 2014
CookingPriest said:

AHAHAHAHAHA

When was the last big EA game that was a flop sales wise?
Nov 24, 2015 7:29 PM

Jul 2007
sullynathan said:
CookingPriest said:

AHAHAHAHAHA

When was the last big EA game that was a flop sales wise?

Hardline

Mr7Beans said:
CookingPriest said:

AHAHAHAHAHA

they said that battle of jakku will be free before the game releases

Keep reading the article.
THey also decided to make certain maps in season pass free for all players.
Nov 24, 2015 9:07 PM

Aug 2013
Its awful don't buy it
huh
Nov 27, 2015 6:48 AM

Jul 2007

Sums it up well enough.
Nov 27, 2015 11:27 AM

Aug 2013
I sold my copy, after a few days you've seen all the game has to offer. The only thing I really enjoyed what the endor map.
Nov 27, 2015 6:24 PM

Jan 2014
Paid $20 for it. Fighter Squadron alone is worth it to me.
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Nov 30, 2015 1:26 AM

Jul 2007
ThrashMatto said:
Paid $20 for it. Fighter Squadron alone is worth it to me.

you mean the mode based ENTIRELY on the shitty-control flying.
A mode which main focus seem to be "suffer through it till you get millenium falcon and then everyone else in the match will want to sell their game due to cheese bullshit balance"?

EDIT:
AngryJoe's review: 5/10
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

56 by BitChilly »»
4 minutes ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
8 minutes ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
55 minutes ago

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
3 hours ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

141 by Kajiuran »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.