Forum Settings
Forums

After Paris attacks, Syrian refugees shunned over terror fears

New
Nov 15, 2015 11:16 PM

Jan 2009
Along with hundreds killed and wounded, the Paris attacks have had a multitude of indirect victims -- Syrian refugees seeking safety from war. They are now being shunned stronger than before over fears that terrorists could be mixed in with them.

"We all have heart and we all want people taken care of, but with the problems our country has, to take in 250,000 -- some of whom are going to have problems, big problems -- is just insane. We have to be insane. Terrible," Donald Trump said at a rally in Beaumont, Texas.

Then, on Sunday, came news about one of the Paris bombers carrying Syrian identification papers -- that were possibly forged -- and the fear of Syrian refugees grew worse.

"It's not that we don't want to -- it's that we can't," Marco Rubio told ABC's George Stephanopoulos. " Because there's no way to background check someone that's coming from Syria."

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/16/world/paris-attacks-syrian-refugees-backlash/index.html

that bold part says it all really, there is no way to background check this people so terrorists can really mix in with no problems

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 15, 2015 11:29 PM

Dec 2013
j0x said:
Syrian refugees seeking safety from war.
I find this line hard to swallow considering how many countries are between Syria and France. Though, at least they're coming around to some form of reasoning.
Nov 15, 2015 11:29 PM
Jul 2018
It's going to be really tough for Merkel now that they discovered a bomber with Syrian Identification papers.

It's almost as if it was purposely brought upon.

Also, recent news has been released that Obama gave the OK to send specialized troops to Syria to defend the rebels (I'm sure I'm mistaken here) whilist Russia is defending the Syrian govt.

Could there be a possible new intervention in Syria? With these events happening it is possible somone is trying to push for intervention with the guise that it's to stop ISIS (which some have claimed that America is responsible for its creation).

Pardon my cynicism. I've grown to distrust people as I believe it's in human nature to be selfish and parasitic. It'll perhaps be for the resources in the Middle East as always.
It's always a fight for resources and agendas.

-edit-

They actually sent troops to fight ISIS.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/30/politics/syria-troops-special-operations-forces/

removed-userNov 15, 2015 11:36 PM
Nov 15, 2015 11:30 PM

Apr 2014
Reminds me somewhat of what America did with their Japanese citizens after Pearl Harbor.
Nov 15, 2015 11:38 PM

Jan 2013
It's not right to cast all Syrian refugees as terrorist because of actions of a few. These refugees have to go somewhere because their home country is a battle ground right now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2015 11:39 PM
Jul 2018
Protaku said:
Reminds me somewhat of what America did with their Japanese citizens after Pearl Harbor.

As well as communists after the second world war.

Unfortunately, there will be ISIS witch hunts through out the world carried out by the people.
(I'm just speaking from cynicism, but I believe people who are afraid will do anything to prevent this from happening again).

Thebigofan said:
It's not right to cast all Syrian refugees as terrorist because of actions of a few. These refugees have to go somewhere because their home country is a battle ground right now.

Unfortunately a handful of people have ruined it all for these innocent refugees and even worse is that no one can tell who is operating with ISIS.

removed-userNov 15, 2015 11:46 PM
Nov 15, 2015 11:40 PM

Feb 2015
Thebigofan said:
These refugees have to go somewhere because their home country is a battle ground right now.

No they don't. They're almost all young men. They can fight for their rights in their own homeland.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Nov 15, 2015 11:42 PM

Apr 2014
Fiction-S said:
Protaku said:

As well as communists after the second world war.

Unfortunately, there will be ISIS witch hunts through out the world carried out by the people.
(I'm just speaking from cynicism, but I believe people who are afraid will do anything to prevent this from happening again).

The red scare was bad enough, we don't need something like that again. The NSA is already bad enough as it is, all these ISIS incidents will only give them more political pull.
Nov 15, 2015 11:45 PM

Dec 2013
Thebigofan said:
So letting them in and risking more terrorist attacks like already seen is the better option?
Nov 16, 2015 12:59 AM

Jun 2014
Caelidesu said:
Thebigofan said:
These refugees have to go somewhere because their home country is a battle ground right now.

No they don't. They're almost all young men. They can fight for their rights in their own homeland.

I don't even. You're telling them to fight when hardly most of them can pick a gun due to the fear of certain death that's around them.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Nov 16, 2015 1:22 AM

Apr 2015
Caelidesu said:

Be honest, you just wish them to die helplessly.
#CHEXIT
Nov 16, 2015 1:35 AM

Nov 2015
another fat boy pls
INTP (Ne)

A hound, begging for scraps at the emperor's table

Nov 16, 2015 2:13 AM
Jan 2014
These refugees who are indeed for the most part young men want to go to Germany and Sweden because of the generous welfare policies in these countries. It doesn't help that both Sweden and Germany in particular are encouraging them by not putting number restrictions on the amount of refugees they take in making them the go-to destinations.

The truth is that the overwhelming majority of refugees don't want to settle in Southern Europe or even France, their dream destinations are mainly Scandinavia, Germany and the UK.
This is leading to a strange situation as Germans are starting to realize that coping with these massive amounts of refugees is more difficult than they imagined, even Sweden is starting to reconsider its stance as they are expected to take in around 250 000 refugees this year.
This is why Merkel wants to force on Eastern and Southern Europe quotas to stem the flow of refugees going to Germany despite the fact that a majority of these countries do not want to take in refugees and that the refugees themselves don't want to go to these countries.
If anything it proves how fragile political unity in the EU really is.
elros75Nov 16, 2015 2:23 AM
Nov 16, 2015 2:14 AM

Feb 2015
FireEmblemIke24 said:
Caelidesu said:

I don't even. You're telling them to fight when hardly most of them can pick a gun due to the fear of certain death that's around them.

You're telling whom to fight when hardly most of them can pick a gun due to the fear of certain death that's around them?
You're telling these people?

Nov 16, 2015 2:58 AM

Sep 2012
Caelidesu said:
FireEmblemIke24 said:

You're telling whom to fight when hardly most of them can pick a gun due to the fear of certain death that's around them?

TBH, there were lots of young men in this theater, and they didn't fight for their country, they just crawled trying to find a way to get out of that place while there were only 3 terrorists. It's easy to say behind a computer: "Yeah! They should fight!" but let's not fool ourselves, a lot of people would rather run for their life.
Nov 16, 2015 3:43 AM

Aug 2013
j0x said:
They are now being shunned stronger than before over fears that terrorists could be mixed in with them.

noooo really? common sense.
Nov 16, 2015 4:24 AM

Jun 2008
Look you can go preaching about being nice all you like but this people act very savage like and they have a completely different culture and they never accept the culture of the country they get in.
Also they are too many and the breed like rabbits. You are sacrificing your own culture and race.

No matter how understanding you want to be, if you are a government then your role is to protect your own citizens and their well being.

Also i really want to know how this "poor" refuges got high expensive smartphones.
MonadNov 16, 2015 5:01 AM
Nov 16, 2015 4:40 AM

Feb 2015
SetsukoHara said:
Caelidesu said:

TBH, there were lots of young men in this theater, and they didn't fight for their country, they just crawled trying to find a way to get out of that place while there were only 3 terrorists. It's easy to say behind a computer: "Yeah! They should fight!" but let's not fool ourselves, a lot of people would rather run for their life.

whoosh

Which men in that theater looked most ready to fight for their rights? The very same men that FireEmblemIke24 seems to think are too timid and weak to fight!

Nov 16, 2015 4:43 AM

Oct 2010
Fiction-S said:

Why unfortunately? This is exactly what we need. It's either you or them.
Nov 16, 2015 5:53 AM

May 2014
Monad said:
Look you can go preaching about being nice all you like but this people act very savage like and they have a completely different culture and they never accept the culture of the country they get in.
Also they are too many and the breed like rabbits. You are sacrificing your own culture and race.

Pretty much this, there is a study saying that 15% to 35% of all Muslims are radicals, the ones that want to force Sharia law into your country, the ones that will beat you up for saying one bad thing about Islam even if it's sarcastic. If you want to destroy your own country, sure let them in and support them like the cancer anarchism is.

Obligatory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44vzMNG2fZc
Nov 16, 2015 7:04 AM

Oct 2015
Posted it in the other threads but just to make sure everybody sees it, a very informative must watch video explaining what is happening in Europe right now, it is also going viral, was made a few days before the Paris attacks

Nov 16, 2015 8:45 AM

Jan 2011
"Syrian refugees seeking safety from war."
Laughable.
Nov 16, 2015 8:53 AM

Jan 2013
Shinoafu said:
Posted it in the other threads but just to make sure everybody sees it, a very informative must watch video explaining what is happening in Europe right now, it is also going viral, was made a few days before the Paris attacks

Hook line and sinker.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Nov 16, 2015 8:57 AM

Nov 2008
It's time to send them back before more people die. Also, the US should keep them out, to prevent another tragedy on this scale.

Nov 16, 2015 9:04 AM

Sep 2015
It's common sense to be wary of people you can't conduct background checks on.
Nov 16, 2015 9:31 AM

Jul 2015
Build a wall around Europe.
Shoot anyone who tries to forcible enter.
Sink any unauthorized ship that approaches European shores.

Time for Europeans to grow some balls.
Nov 16, 2015 9:33 AM

Jan 2013
Salvatia said:

B-but if you do that, how can we make Eurabia?
RedArmyShogunNov 16, 2015 9:38 AM
Nov 16, 2015 10:05 AM
Oct 2015
Protaku said:

^
Nov 16, 2015 10:08 AM

Aug 2011
j0x said:
They are now being shunned stronger than before over fears that terrorists could be mixed in with them.

What, are you surprised? It's common sense, duh. With these recent disasters caused by suicide bombers/mass shooters, it's a perfectly legitimate fear.

Alexspier said:
Monad said:

Pretty much this, there is a study saying that 15% to 35% of all Muslims are radicals, the ones that want to force Sharia law into your country, the ones that will beat you up for saying one bad thing about Islam even if it's sarcastic. If you want to destroy your own country, sure let them in and support them like the cancer anarchism is.
死ねカス国に帰れ
Nov 16, 2015 10:15 AM

Jan 2014
Salvatia said:

Yeah, sure.
Let's make ISIS play, then.
Nov 16, 2015 11:57 AM

Apr 2014
RioOba said:
Protaku said:

^

You're kidding.
Nov 16, 2015 12:09 PM

Jun 2008
Salvatia said:

Great Wall of Europe!!!
Nov 16, 2015 12:12 PM
Aug 2012
Altairius said:
RioOba said:

^

You're kidding.
They are probably serious, as sad as that is.
Nov 16, 2015 12:19 PM

May 2014
JustALEX said:
Great Wall of Europe!!!

Not to mention we are going to get ISIS to build the wall for us!
Nov 16, 2015 12:20 PM

Sep 2013
Trump with the wisdom.
Nov 16, 2015 12:45 PM

Jun 2014
Alexspier said:
JustALEX said:
Great Wall of Europe!!!

Not to mention we are going to get ISIS to build the wall for us!

Yes with their dead bodies. xD
All credit goes to Sacred.
Nov 16, 2015 1:36 PM

May 2009
Salvatia said:
Stay out of the Middle East and other Muslim lands and conflicts.

Time for Europeans to consider minding their own business.

FTFY
Nov 16, 2015 1:44 PM

Apr 2015
Paranoia is going out of hand.... I mean on both sides. Make ghost of each other and be scared to death. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Idiots.

Just vote for the "right" people next time, IF THEY EXIST! For now, SUFFER!
#CHEXIT
Nov 16, 2015 3:17 PM

Aug 2015
i kinda dont blame them, they dont know their background

☁ cyborg robot squirrels ☁
Nov 16, 2015 3:59 PM

Jan 2014
Interesting that the option of a wall keeps coming back up. The Chinese really had something going there to keep out the Mongols.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Nov 16, 2015 9:45 PM

Jun 2015
Salvatia said:

What are you doing on Mal?
Go join the parliament or something lol
Nov 16, 2015 9:56 PM

Feb 2015
Imeon said:
Just vote for the "right" people next time, IF THEY EXIST! For now, SUFFER!

The daesh may take one or two countries, but once they poke the bear and the eagle, they're fucked.

Nov 16, 2015 10:00 PM

Jan 2013
Caelidesu said:
Thebigofan said:

Oh, please. Like you would do the same if your country was becoming war torn.
You have no compassion in your heart to see that these people have had their livelihoods and their homes destroyed by isis. The us vs them needs to stop, it's the same thing that isis is preaching.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2015 10:11 PM

Feb 2015
Thebigofan said:
Caelidesu said:

You have no compassion in your heart to see that these people have had their livelihoods and their homes destroyed by isis. The us vs them needs to stop, it's the same thing that isis is preaching.

Europe is becoming war torn because of inept leaders spouting lines like:
'You have no compassion in your heart to see that these people have had their livelihoods and their homes destroyed by isis.'
-and not addressing the fact that their own citizens are slowly being raped and killed by those very same 'refugees'. You're Canadian, so you have no understanding of what millions of people invading flooding into a country even looks like. It's not pretty.

Nov 16, 2015 10:18 PM

Apr 2014
It's not like you have to let them die. Create a safe space for them somewhere, even if it's not in Syria (or not entirely), and then send them back once it's sorted out. That way, even if you have some non-refugees there, it's not like it's some sweet gig with free wifi, so they'll probably just stay home. What you don't do is have them spread throughout the whole of Europe, mixed in with non-refugees, going on welfare and raping Swedish girls. I mean, Sweden?? How the hell did they get all the way up there? Yeah, I'm sure they can't wait to get back to Syria (oh wait, they were never there).
Nov 16, 2015 10:38 PM

Jun 2015
Caelidesu said:
Thebigofan said:

'You have no compassion in your heart to see that these people have had their livelihoods and their homes destroyed by isis.'
-and not addressing the fact that their own citizens are slowly being raped and killed by those very same 'refugees'. You're Canadian, so you have no understanding of what millions of people invading flooding into a country even looks like. It's not pretty.

This will not turn out well for Europe. Hate breeds hate. Resentment will increase.

How many of these refugees will you stop and order to go back, go back to the hell that they have just escaped, thinking that they have finally escaped from the nightmare in which they have seen everything important to them being butchered by their own people?

How many refugees will you stop, whose children wake up to the sounds of bullets every day?

You are indirectly killing millions to save yourself.

I do not envy the leaders of Europe right now. This is an evil choice.

Save your own people and let millions die, or let the refugees come and have a little taste of what life is like for other people around the world. What life is like for innocent children, whose mistake is to be born in Syria, not any 'developed' country?

ISIS has got us in a real pickle. The only solution is to unite, like we have never done before. Every Syrian, every American must unite against ISIS. Why?

Because a Syrian, a Muslim, is no different from you.

Does a Muslim not have eyes? Does he not have hands, feet, organs, senses, affections, passions?

Does a Muslim not laugh when you tickle him? Does a Muslim not bleed when you attack him? Does he not die if you poison him? How is he any different from you?

Does he not have loved ones? Does he not have a home? Does he not have a family, for which he is willing to leave his home, never to see it again?

And if you reject these refugees, where shall he go? He shall see his children starve, and then he shall surely go mad.

In his contempt and loathing, who shall he turn to?

The only place willing to give him what he wants most - revenge.

The ISIS has probably though of this, and I wonder how many refugees will join them out of sheer contempt.

Hatred between us is just what the ISIS wants. It was probably the reason for bombing Paris.

I can't make much of a difference, sitting in the comfort of my home, ranting on Mal. But we can all make a difference together. Because united we stand, and divided we fall.

Peace!
Nov 16, 2015 10:39 PM

Jan 2013
Caelidesu said:
Thebigofan said:

Again, using the actions of a few to represent all Syrian refugees. Europeans are not being raped by refugees. You're not being invaded.
Nov 16, 2015 11:27 PM

Feb 2015
Thebigofan said:
Caelidesu said:

Again, using the actions of a few to represent all Syrian refugees. Europeans are not being raped by refugees.

https://np.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/3m7jxy/austrian_left_wing_party_donates_money_to/cvczx86
http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/175434/1-4-swedish-women-will-be-raped-sexual-assaults-daniel-greenfield
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_and_crime

You may have simply been ignorant. Now that you know, don't deny the horrific nature of what has already happened, for the sake of the victims.

Nov 17, 2015 3:35 AM

Jan 2014
You guys are awesome.

Let's build a wall around europe, fuck humanity and their problems. If anyone tries to break this utopian world made by racist scums and domestic abusers, we'll got you good.

That's the same fucking thing Hitler did, with the difference that people were put inside the walls, this time we're indirectly killing them by keeping them out.

You're all playing the game ISIS wants us to play, it's not us that are beyond saving, it's because of you that we cannot be saved.
Nov 17, 2015 3:39 AM

Jan 2013
NostalgiaDrive94 said:
You guys are awesome.

Let's build a wall around europe, fuck humanity and their problems. If anyone tries to break this utopian world made by racist scums and domestic abusers, we'll got you good.

That's the same fucking thing Hitler did, with the difference that people were put inside the walls, this time we're indirectly killing them by keeping them out.

You're all playing the game ISIS wants us to play, it's not us that are beyond saving, it's because of you that we cannot be saved.

This guy gets it.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.