Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 11, 2015 1:58 AM

Feb 2013
Bosskardo said:

I'd say the objects are the biggest flaw in the series. Other mistakes can be forgiven and its quite decent if you think its an action comedy and won't think about plot and technical correctnes.

Nukes won't destroy an object but plasma weapons from another object will. Why not place these weapons elsewhere. Like aircraft with greater mobility and speed?
History of warfare has shown that large veichles are not very efficient. They are slow and due to that must have thick armor all around.
So, to defeat an object. It would seem using tanks and fighter planes with weapons from an object would be better. You can fire from several directions.
And more

You're right if we're judging it from the modern warfare we know. But the reason aircrafts and tanks aren't as useful in the HO verse is due to the hundreds of lasers, railguns and coilguns on the Object. Any aircraft that enters line of sight gets shot down at the speed of light since they don't have the armor of the Object. The same goes for tanks.

The reason why those weapons aren't outfitted on smaller formfactor is because of its weight and the power source required to power it. An Object's reactor is probably pretty huge and heavy and can't be used on any flying aircrafts. An Object is already capable of sea battles and replaces battleships. Placing it in a fixed base means a loss of mobility. Not even an Object's armor can withstand a direct hit from the main cannon of another object.

On the other hand, only the main cannon can hurt another Object, the smaller guns are there for anti-unit and anti-air and also to distract and sabotage the numerous sensors on the opponent Object.

These issues are actually addressed later on.
FiveOVEROct 11, 2015 2:04 AM
Oct 11, 2015 2:26 AM

Mar 2015
Zahylon said:
Isn't this anime directed by Kojima?

matsushima said:

A WEAPON TO SURPASS OBJECTS.

Don't forget, that girl's eyes.... She has NANOMACHINES

Let me join!
"They played us like a damn fiddle!!!"
TlahuizcapanteOct 11, 2015 2:38 AM
Oct 11, 2015 3:23 AM
Aug 2012
Monad said:

His question isn't that stupid. Even if we assume that the size of those weapons is why they can't be put in other conventional vehicles still such weapons should be able to be put around a military base for example or on big ships etc.
Why do they not do that?
Also there is the question of a Heavy Object even taking a nuke but suddenly being hurt by such guns. At least other than that plasma weapon thing all the other smaller projectile cannon on an object shouldn't even be able to scratch it if it can take a damn nuke missile.

The Huge Size (and weight), High Energy Consumption, Tremendous Recoil...........these things prevent the conventional plane or tanks from using those cannons. Even if you want to cut down the size and energy consumption, you won't get the required power output needed to damage an Object.

Let's assume you put the cannons on a Plane or Tank and they are able to move somehow.......do you think they will have enough mobility to get close to an object with over 100 small guns (AA included obviously) and various sensors? Not to to mention how they will handle the recoil especially aircrafts?

Also ships are only good for naval warfare.......and the same issues still apply here as well. It's the same for a base, the recoil will hurt the base more than the enemy. Objects can also use long range bombardment (refers to episode 1 - Froylatia's lecture) so it isn't much use either. All these issues are addressed and will be discussed later on but people would probably complain about "Too much boring expositions, my brain hurts".

Objects can tanks several nukes and they can also shoot them down with their small weapons not it's not a very good strategy. Technology evolves and they created other weapons strong enough to fight against the Huge Weapons and the technologies are also discussed. But the plane and tank issues can easily be figured out with some thinking.

The small weapons didn't hurt it though.......they were used for distraction purpose and for trying to damage the object's various sensors. The only thing that can even damage one Object is the main cannons of another Object as you clearly saw this episode.
Dragon_Slayer_XOct 11, 2015 3:34 AM

Oct 11, 2015 4:33 AM

Jul 2010
Definitely an improvement but still, it's below average. It's kind of strange tho, with all these famous VAs I thought the budget was a little higher.
Oct 11, 2015 5:22 AM

May 2011
Qwenthur and Havia finally confront the reality of war. The enemy seems to be disregarding commonly held beliefs of normal Object on Object confrontations and proceeds to annihilate the base of our MC. So they've saved Milinda from sacrificing herself to become the decoy, but they still need to do something to distract the enemies Object so they won't go after and massacre the other fleeing soldiers. The idea Qwenthur seems to have in mind seems to be pretty outrageous going by Havia's reaction, and I can't wait to find out what it is.
Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to give out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
Oct 11, 2015 6:18 AM

Apr 2013
That was a good episode. I don't understand the hate.
Oct 11, 2015 8:11 AM

Jan 2009
Good episode, the fanservice was completely out of place, but i like this anime. tbh i was about to drop it in the first few minutes because the pacing feels weird and i'm not used to this kind of structure, i mean, second episode feels like 10th episode, and we haven't got a proper introduction of the characters yet. but after i got used to it i realized that this show has potential to be really good.
that scene where he's about to shoot the 4 soldiers was amazing.
Oct 11, 2015 8:49 AM

Nov 2011
Too fast once again the narrative but it seems that this time the plot was more convincing. Not the best designs and animations, at sufficient levels; Yet the character design is beautiful, they must improve their work the JC Staff. Still not crazy about the main characters but digest them better than before. I'm still confident, I await the next episode.
Oct 11, 2015 11:12 AM

Dec 2012
The episode was better than the first one, less of fanservice and the despair of the soldiers is well represented.
Oct 11, 2015 11:24 AM
Apr 2014
I'm not a fan of the mecha genre(actually it's one of my most "hated" ones) but this started surprisingly interesting. Probably has to do with the fact that it's more like war machines than "big metal humans" fighting each other if that makes any sense.

having nice voice acting helps, too. Kinda seems like Ishikawa Kaito and Hanae Natsuki start to become mainstream slowly. Both had at least 1 or more roles each season in the past year or so.
NanashiOct 11, 2015 11:28 AM
Oct 11, 2015 11:58 AM

Jul 2009
Better than the first episode! Some good action in the first half ... and as expected, a specialized Object should be able to defeat a more generalized one. Then in the second half, a mission to rescue the princess ... which worked out! Good thing he had those smart bullets eh ;P Havia joins in as well (I think he's my fav chara so far, don't really like the blond guy) and they manage to escape the Water Strider ... for now. It seems like the plan is to ... go find another Object and use it?! :O Hmm, this could get interesting!
ED isn't bad either but I don't really feel any of the themes for this show XD Maybe they'll grow on me though haha
Oct 11, 2015 12:26 PM
Mar 2015
I liked this episode more then the first one,because it shows that war is horrible and how the enemy dehumanize their enemy. When they capture the princess for an example.I also like the fact that their tension form when their arguing about if they are going to save the princess or not. You can feel how scared they are,oh yeah one last thing. How the mc isnt some unhuman beast that shoots with no hesitation or thought.
Oct 11, 2015 12:42 PM
Sep 2015
Not bad! Keeps getting better!!

Was really taken aback when Qwenthur introduce the idea to take down the object on their own with only 3 people *lol*

Can't wait to see how they do it! ;)
Oct 11, 2015 2:16 PM

Feb 2008
Lucky perv.

I wonder, how will they defeat the Object...?
Oct 11, 2015 2:48 PM

May 2015
Fine episode. Total destruction is an understatement. Felt good watching those disgusting enemy soldiers getting shot. Also, more Frolaytia please <3. The ED is kinda soothing.

Oct 11, 2015 5:48 PM

Dec 2013
FiveOVER said:
Bosskardo said:

I'd say the objects are the biggest flaw in the series. Other mistakes can be forgiven and its quite decent if you think its an action comedy and won't think about plot and technical correctnes.

Nukes won't destroy an object but plasma weapons from another object will. Why not place these weapons elsewhere. Like aircraft with greater mobility and speed?
History of warfare has shown that large veichles are not very efficient. They are slow and due to that must have thick armor all around.
So, to defeat an object. It would seem using tanks and fighter planes with weapons from an object would be better. You can fire from several directions.
And more

You're right if we're judging it from the modern warfare we know. But the reason aircrafts and tanks aren't as useful in the HO verse is due to the hundreds of lasers, railguns and coilguns on the Object. Any aircraft that enters line of sight gets shot down at the speed of light since they don't have the armor of the Object. The same goes for tanks.

The reason why those weapons aren't outfitted on smaller formfactor is because of its weight and the power source required to power it. An Object's reactor is probably pretty huge and heavy and can't be used on any flying aircrafts. An Object is already capable of sea battles and replaces battleships. Placing it in a fixed base means a loss of mobility. Not even an Object's armor can withstand a direct hit from the main cannon of another object.

On the other hand, only the main cannon can hurt another Object, the smaller guns are there for anti-unit and anti-air and also to distract and sabotage the numerous sensors on the opponent Object.

These issues are actually addressed later on.

I think this post actually just saved me from dropping the anime.

After seeing this episode I was starting to question all of the conventions of these battles as well. The supposed ability of the objects to be unbeatable, except for by themselves just seemed completly out of the park by the end of the episode for me.

If I may add a "what-if" into this argument of conventions, they said that there are space ships travelling from the moon and back at leisure, so by Ho's technological advances, shoulnt there be orbital weapons able to start wrecking havoc on these objects sitting on the ground? (i get that there's an argument to be made about the object's speeds.)

II know we all saw the scene of the space ship easily getting shot down in space, but it seems like no one is actively using any defensive systems to prevent attacks.

Yet, even the original object we saw had a trophy system installed on it. But I've seen no indication that the current objects are even trying to use defensive measures other than evading.

You said it will be explained later on, so for now I'll keep watching it. But im on the edge about this anime as well.
Oct 11, 2015 6:33 PM
May 2013
klaki892 said:

After seeing this episode I was starting to question all of the conventions of these battles as well. The supposed ability of the objects to be unbeatable, except for by themselves just seemed completly out of the park by the end of the episode for me.

If I may add a "what-if" into this argument of conventions, they said that there are space ships travelling from the moon and back at leisure, so by Ho's technological advances, shoulnt there be orbital weapons able to start wrecking havoc on these objects sitting on the ground? (i get that there's an argument to be made about the object's speeds.)

II know we all saw the scene of the space ship easily getting shot down in space, but it seems like no one is actively using any defensive systems to prevent attacks.

Yet, even the original object we saw had a trophy system installed on it. But I've seen no indication that the current objects are even trying to use defensive measures other than evading.

You said it will be explained later on, so for now I'll keep watching it. But im on the edge about this anime as well.

I don't remember if your question about orbital weapons is answered this season but volume 6
Oct 11, 2015 7:18 PM

Oct 2010
matsushima said:
klaki892 said:

I don't remember if your question about orbital weapons is answered this season but volume 6

Most likely not to be answered if these 24 episodes of Heavy Object will only adapt only 3-4 volumes which seems the case since chapter 1 of volume 1 will only end at next episode.

Oct 11, 2015 7:25 PM

Nov 2011
This was better. The action showed first-hand what Object combat looks like, and the characters were explored a bit more. Qwenthur's bravery/conscience is pretty common in fiction, but I don't think it was portrayed badly. Milinda's development was more interesting, but since we don't know much about her, her comments about looking down on those she protected didn't have much weight; it could be good if it's explored more later on, though.

I liked it well enough.

I'm glad they toned down the fanservice. It didn't feel fitting in the last episode.
Oct 11, 2015 7:27 PM

Jul 2013
HandsomeMan said:
Reizo_Da_Firenze said:
They are going to take down the enemy Object by themselves?!

BIG BOSS APPROVES THIS ANIME.

Epic gif
Oct 11, 2015 7:30 PM

Jul 2013
JoksPacifist said:
HandsomeMan said:

Epic gif

We shall save this for later.
Oct 11, 2015 8:30 PM
Feb 2013
The fight scene in the beginning was pretty badass.
Oct 11, 2015 10:06 PM
Nov 2010
The 2nd season seemed pretty tense with the hide and go seek with the mountains...probably no explanation but plot about how it cleared the mountains and got behind her without her or her sensors noticing.

Overall though I think the way it's headed, the idea of them facing against a huge Object and taking it down is awesome. Like Luke versus an AT-AT. =P Can't wait to see where this goes.
Oct 12, 2015 2:13 AM
May 2015
Barion-Zara said:
Not bad Qwenthur. Dem head shots were nice.

Cu'z he is using smart bullets.
Oct 12, 2015 7:09 AM
Jul 2018
Much much better than the first episode even though I’m still no that impressed by it, my impression of it is a little better now and hopefully it won’t be a huge disappointment. The fight was pretty cool but I still dislike all the characters.
Oct 12, 2015 7:41 AM
Jul 2018
Damn,did we just go from episode 1 with a boob grab to episode 2 with death and destruction?I guess this could be a representation of how fast things could change with just one object,but the drama was so over the top I couldn't help myself from laughing.The part where Milinda started crying really got me.So far it's a disappointment for me,of course I guess that's what I get for expecting something good.
removed-userOct 12, 2015 8:00 AM
Oct 12, 2015 2:19 PM

Oct 2008
I have a hunch that whatever organization is behind Water Strider does not intend to obliterate The Elite Princess...more like it wants to capture it also...
Total annihilation! poor army fags.
The only thing that could bring down that monster is a monster also. So we might think of the MC is planning to take control of another heavy objecto!
4/5.

Oct 13, 2015 12:19 AM

Oct 2011
They are going to look for their own Object OMG
Oct 13, 2015 1:53 PM

Jun 2013
Very good episode.
Oct 14, 2015 9:35 AM

Jun 2013
Despite the random fanservice, their somewhat realistic reactions earned back a majority of points
smart bullets = headshots

I thought the discussion of whether to save the princess or not was at least more realistic than other series. Having one of the MCs push sacrificing her and the reasoning behind the commander's decision made the decision have more impact. I usually dislike it when the MC goes all "hero mode", but I think the discussion and emotions surrounding an event like that helped.

Will continue watching.

In line with the other MGS comments, im still waiting for Peacewalker to make its appearance.
Oct 14, 2015 9:32 PM
Nov 2013
Is this two cour?
Oct 15, 2015 4:24 AM

Nov 2009
Got this strange feeling that the Water Strider is on Auto-pilot or something, some of its behaviour just seems really off.
Oct 15, 2015 4:54 AM

Nov 2011
swordman009 said:
Is this two cour?

Likely split.
Oct 15, 2015 10:32 AM

Nov 2013
amcorp said:
Is that the ̶1̶5 ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶ anime version of Shadow of the Colossus ?

No. It will be 15 years old in 2030.
soredemoii said:
mchief190 said:
Depending on the weather aerial resupply can be a no no, plus we have no idea of the condition of the air space that they are under, it could be under enemy hands in one stretch and friendly in the other. As for their clothing, this is not the first anime that has seen characters in irregular gear for winter warfare and to concentrate on it is kind of nitpicking against the series. Also the Object flawed? They are giant tanks that are closer to real world tech than most other mechs and they try to be different than the regular walker mechs we see in the trillion or so mech anime out there.

All in all the second episode was an improvement, the action was intense as hell.

You're reading too much into it. Don't give the writers the credit they don't deserve. All points made by Aversa still stand. HO is an empty husk.

You're reading too much into it. Is it really that important, whether they wear hats or not? In FF 10, we saw the characters crossing a snowy mountain in clothing, that was suited for a tropical island.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Oct 15, 2015 1:53 PM

May 2013
This show is so dumb, hahaha. Not a single shred of it makes any sense.

Oct 15, 2015 2:55 PM

Sep 2015
Awesome what an amazing episode !!!! :D
Cant wait to see what happens next
Lets take dat Water Strider Down!!!! ^o^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2015 2:55 PM

Oct 2014
sfx still bad
Oct 15, 2015 5:29 PM

Apr 2013
A fine episode. Still not liking the blond ones, but I like the ending song. I hope that the anime will get better. It is not really interesting right now.
Oct 15, 2015 9:02 PM
Mar 2014
For those of you mentioning Luke vs the AT-AT....

This series is rather episodic though in my opinion. They face off a new object every chapter essentially. There's random comedic dialogue/actions scattered throughout though. And lots of exclamation marks!!! At times its pretty hilarious actually.
Oct 15, 2015 10:50 PM

Nov 2013
Ventris said:
This show is so dumb, hahaha. Not a single shred of it makes any sense.

Your signature says it all.
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Oct 17, 2015 9:22 AM

Jun 2015
That was some episode. Made the series for me. Kudos to Qwenthur for saving the princess.
Oct 18, 2015 7:36 AM

Sep 2014
Objetcs are still weird. And only because someone has an object doesnt mean the "enemy" would stop fighting. Imagine someone breaking in and "steal" the enemys object, or everyone get killed while your object is away. Since it seems you arent intended to "live" in those things, they are nothing more then better tanks.
The fact that they can survive nukes but have overkill weapons that oneshot the enemys object is also pretty lame. Old gundams N-jammer made more sense then these things.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 20, 2015 12:31 PM

Sep 2013
Those headshots :O
Damn that blond commoner taking care care business :)

Comander-07 said:

The fact that they can survive nukes but have overkill weapons that oneshot the enemys object is also pretty lame.

So a big ass laser beam isn't better than a nuke? XD
You know how advanced the technology has to be to even make a laser like that?
And the object (the early ones atleast) do take massive damage from a nuke as seen in ep. 1.
Oct 20, 2015 5:10 PM
Nov 2012
I was really disappointed with the first episode. The second episode was much better, I like where they're going with this. This anime is about to get a bump up in score.
Oct 21, 2015 7:20 AM
Jan 2010
lol that phoned in va
Oct 22, 2015 10:52 AM

Apr 2011
I really could not have picked a worse season for my no drop project. What's worse is that this is 2-cours. Fucking hell, even Lance N' Masques is better.
Oct 22, 2015 11:08 AM
Jun 2009
Aversa said:
There are so many flaws in this anime.
Starting with last week they where on a military airport in Alaska but they didn't even have professional tools for clearing snow of the runway.
Isn't airlifting one of the most efficient ways to getting supplied when your in a remote area in Alaska, despite that the commander said the guys from the aviation department weren't that importuned.

Then that is this episode the characters are pretty lightly dressed considering they are in Alaska the main character walking around without anything on his head while it was snowing.
Having nothing on your head while it's snowing is a terrible feeling the snow sticks too your hair and the feeling of that becomes painful within minutes.
You also lose most of your body heat trough your head so if you want to stay warm in a cold environment you need something to keep your head warm.
Basically the characters should have frozen to death with what they are wearing.

I won't start on the Objects since thats what this anime seems to be about but there flawed.

Despite all this i have to say that this episode was better as the previous one.

The whole setting is flawed. Who in the right mind threw some ships and airplanes at one machine and decided to call it a day when it's not destroyed? Judging from the ships design, it seems America is at war with....what? Japan? For real? What kind of espionage conducting America was doing so that they didnt even know Japan was up to no good? How can the guns still able to fire when it's in such a bad shape?

But lets forget all of the trivial stuffs, the main problem is that how can a war can be ended so easy like that? The Object seems to be nearly destroyed so one or two more nuclear bombs will certain send it to the bottom of the ocean. Why did America stop? They have over 1000 nuclear warheads for serious! And why didnt they throw some bombs on easier targets such as...you know, cities!? Just send them warning that if the Object doesnt surrender then they will bomb the hell out of Japan! Even if the Object is that powerful, it cant defend a country by itself!

I dont mind long explanation but I do mind when the explanation is exceptionally stupid! It seems like the author was masturbating with imperialism while writing the light novel.
soluuloiAug 5, 2016 9:48 AM
Oct 23, 2015 11:14 AM

Nov 2013
soluuloi said:
Aversa said:
There are so many flaws in this anime.
Starting with last week they where on a military airport in Alaska but they didn't even have professional tools for clearing snow of the runway.
Isn't airlifting one of the most efficient ways to getting supplied when your in a remote area in Alaska, despite that the commander said the guys from the aviation department weren't that importuned.

Then that is this episode the characters are pretty lightly dressed considering they are in Alaska the main character walking around without anything on his head while it was snowing.
Having nothing on your head while it's snowing is a terrible feeling the snow sticks too your hair and the feeling of that becomes painful within minutes.
You also lose most of your body heat trough your head so if you want to stay warm in a cold environment you need something to keep your head warm.
Basically the characters should have frozen to death with what they are wearing.

I won't start on the Objects since thats what this anime seems to be about but there flawed.

Despite all this i have to say that this episode was better as the previous one.

The whole setting is flawed. Who in the right mind threw some ships and airplanes at one machine and decided to call it a day when it's not destroyed? Judging from the ships design, it seems America is at war with....what? Japan? For real? What kind of espionage conducting America were doing so that they didnt even know Japan was up for no good? How can the guns still able to fire when it's in such a bad shape?

But lets forget all of the trivial stuffs, the main problem is that how can a war can be ended so easy like that? The Object seems to be nearly destroyed so one or two more nuclear bombs will certain send it to the bottom of the ocean. Why did America stopped? They have over 1000 nuclear warheads for serious! And why didnt they throw some bombs on easier targets such as...you know, Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Just send them warning that if the Object doesnt surrender then they will bomb the hell out of Japan for serious! Even if the Object is that powerful, it cant defend a country by itself!

I dont mind long explanation but I do mind when the explanation is exceptionally stupid! It seems like the author was masturbating while writing the light novel.

Who said, that Japan only had one Object? Maybe the USA tried to attack Japan, but the attacks were intercepted. Hardly likely, that they would leave their country undefended. And why they didn't use more than one nuke against the Object, I don't know.
Oct 26, 2015 8:42 AM

Apr 2011
Its gotten really serious already. Even though it was crazy, it was worth saving the princess. Just thinking on the enemy will do to her, to a cute girl who alone fights in that giant object is just too cruel. After those four soldiers said, I will not hesitate to put a bullet in their heads which Qwen did. And as a reward he gets to accidentally feel her boobs. The lucky pervert.
MagitoOct 26, 2015 8:47 AM
Oct 26, 2015 4:23 PM

Feb 2013
I am loving the battles in this anime.

And yes, that is one lucky perv.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

125 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 7, 2023 9:27 AM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

61 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 7, 2023 8:30 AM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

48 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 1:52 PM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

65 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 1:07 PM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2016

56 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 12:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.