Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School-Live!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 17, 2015 10:28 AM

Feb 2011
mira-nyan said:
Zeando said:

if only the show did spend half of its time showing the delusion world(mixed with bits of reality), as the first episode seemed to hint, the impact would have been even greater :( (really wished they had done that, same for the manga if it's the same)
but no use complaining now :/ show is what it is

The anime did a pretty good job, tho. Any more, and we won't have a properly advancing plot.

not really complaining about what it is, just imagining how it could have been even better (see it as fanfiction if you want)

it would have been just a matter of point of view, the same exact events with the same exact pacing but seen with yuki's eyes, with small bits of reality once in a while to show what is really happening in the while, and only for half the time, the other half of the time would be as the show did
that would have kept the contrast between the cheery school life and the creepy zombie reality, in a more evident way i think

after the the first episode it felt the balance of school-zombies got crushed in favor of the zombie side, and the contrast which did make the show special got a bit lost :/ (that's what it felt for me)
the only visible part of yuki's delusion was megu-nee, which is fine in a way..
ZeandoSep 17, 2015 10:31 AM

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Sep 17, 2015 10:31 AM

Oct 2011
Man... That "Bye bye, Megu-nee" cracked me up. Damn.

DesuTronic said:

Also another change to the intro.
In the last episode they removed the girls chasing after Taroumaru. Now they removed Taroumaru as well so there is no one.

And this:

Sep 17, 2015 10:32 AM

Jan 2015
Marina2 said:
Ep.11

Despite many differences from the manga version, and If we forget about events in manga version, this is good ep.

The atmosphere, the emotion, the BGMs and the character development (especially, Yuki) all are great. I love Yuki and Megu-nee scenes.

Two complains I have are Yuki and Miki seems to forget/uncare about Rii-san and Kurumi's fate and characters spent too much time talking and insted of hurry to get the medicine ...but considering that the time in fiction doesn't reflect the time in real world I don't really mind about it. (Anyone remember : "Namek will explode in 5 minutes" ?)

Yeah, i really don't know why Miki and Yuki didn't take the medicine in 1 minute, there are not even zombie, oh wait...
Sep 17, 2015 10:34 AM

Oct 2014
That was one of, if not the Best Episode of this Season. Beautiful ;_;

CookingPriest said:
I am caught up to the current events of the episode in the manga and I really don't see what all the purist fuss is all about.

As far as I am concerned adaptation does NOT have to be the exact same thing. This is the take on Gakkou Gurashi in a visual medium and it is faithful and in a lot of ways better than source material.

*remembers how we acted during FSN*
Altough i didn't read the manga yet, since i am planning to start it after the anime, but isn't that mostly the case with every small (negative) change?
People will always complain.
Sep 17, 2015 10:35 AM
Jul 2018
Yuki finally accepted reality. Let's hope the girls can survive!
Sep 17, 2015 10:35 AM

Feb 2013
CookingPriest said:
I am caught up to the current events of the episode in the manga and I really don't see what all the purist fuss is all about.

It's probably all the filler scenes that get to them (like the scenes with the dog, the pool episode, etc). It's what annoys me. Also think they've been taking a bit too long with this part of the story (how long does it take to fully zombify anyway?)

Also kind of a shame they never included this page
Sep 17, 2015 10:36 AM

Jan 2015
Shrimperor said:

CookingPriest said:

As far as I am concerned adaptation does NOT have to be the exact same thing. This is the take on Gakkou Gurashi in a visual medium and it is faithful and in a lot of ways better than source material.

Altough i didn't read the manga yet, since i am planning to start it after the anime, but isn't that mostly the case with every small (negative) change?

Nope, the direction they are taking is really good. The changes are not bad imo (a part some fillers and Sol moments)
Sep 17, 2015 10:42 AM

Aug 2015
gedata said:
CookingPriest said:

It's probably all the filler scenes that get to them (like the scenes with the dog, the pool episode, etc). It's what annoys me.

That's the point why bother cut some important scenes from the manga just to come up with a filler pool episode, heck I'm not even against the current adaptation, they can rushed,change the timeline, or cut it whatever they want for as long as it gives justice for the manga.
MizunashiSep 17, 2015 10:47 AM
Sep 17, 2015 10:43 AM

Jan 2015
gedata said:

It was one of the best pages of the manga! Damn!
Sep 17, 2015 10:47 AM

Jan 2015
Wow, just wow.

I hope that last episode will be so good as this.
Sep 17, 2015 10:50 AM

Jan 2013
The school is a Transformer, lol.

I didn't read the manga, but this episode was so good. It just... gave a lot of mixed emotions. Hype for the finale!
Sep 17, 2015 10:54 AM

Feb 2015
As someone that hasn't read the manga this far, this episode was great! Not too sure how they're going to end the season, but they've really left their options open and I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do!
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Sep 17, 2015 11:04 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode, what a gloomy episode, but also quite emotional, all the girls are facing many problems, and seem about to break, but then Yuuki finally seems to be able to wake up and try to help them, I'm really looking forward to the last episode, I hope a great denouement for this anime which in my opinion is among the best of the season ..
Sep 17, 2015 11:06 AM

Jul 2007
Shrimperor said:

CookingPriest said:

People will always complain.

There is creatively adapting the work
And ther eis taking the work and making a fucking joke out of it.

Gakkou Gurashi is former, ufofsn is the latter.
Sep 17, 2015 11:10 AM

Jun 2014
good good now she's realised her sensei was dead,nicely done, now what happens to Kurumi is the big question
All credit goes to Sacred.
Sep 17, 2015 11:17 AM
Apr 2014
Xenocrisi said:
juicykitten95 said:

Agreed. I didn't understand that arc a lot.

Here's a brief explanation
Sep 17, 2015 11:21 AM

Jan 2015
Drake1000 said:
Xenocrisi said:

that was really helpful, thanks.
Sep 17, 2015 11:29 AM

Jun 2012
that was the first not-bad episode of the series
Sep 17, 2015 11:45 AM

Apr 2010
The end of Sakura sensei, she will be missed.
Mi kun showing her violent side tho it was kill out of sympathy and self protection then out of pure violence.
Still their in a though situation right now.
Sep 17, 2015 11:54 AM

Aug 2013
Wowowowow, I really didn't expect that this series would be that good. Another amazing episode. I think there will be no happy ending.
I can't wait till next week.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 17, 2015 11:57 AM

Dec 2010
Xenocrisi said:
gedata said:

You've just accurately described this whole adaptation.
ArchimeM said:
these are probably some of the stupidest zombies I've ever seen.

At least they know how to break the shit in the right places!
Sep 17, 2015 12:03 PM

Jan 2015
Chipp12 said:
Xenocrisi said:

Can't deny it.
Sep 17, 2015 12:06 PM
Sep 2009
danieltortoisee said:
This was good, but it would have been so much better if I actually cared about any of the characters, but I don't as they're just moeblobs (albeit edgy ones). Yuki, in particular, is still really annoying, and once again her personality has changed to cater to the needs of the plot, and it just feels contrived and like lazy character writing. Episodes like this, that rely a lot on the viewer caring about the characters, really do highlight why filler is so bad for a series.

Won't watch a season 2 if this gets one, but I'll almost certainly end up reading the manga.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :)

It was a good episode (previous one was much better though), but if only this quality of writing stayed throughout the whole season, the whole anime wouldn't turn out totally mediocre.

FUCKING TAROUMARU DROP DEAD ALREADY UGH.
EvilDragonSep 17, 2015 12:11 PM
Sep 17, 2015 12:10 PM
Sep 2009
CookingPriest said:
And ther eis taking the work and making a fucking joke out of it.

Gakkou Gurashi is former, ufofsn is the latter.

You mean DEENFSN. Ufotable did a fucking awesome job with FSN:UBW and FZ.
Sep 17, 2015 12:18 PM

Mar 2012
Drake1000 said:
Xenocrisi said:

Is sad to understand due to this explanation that Kurumi isn't cured and is possible that she'll end attacking the girls in the worst moment :(
The autor is showing us hints like

I don't want to lose Kurumi, the best girl and this chapter looks that maybe in the anime she is going to die D;
Waifus only represent ideals
Sep 17, 2015 12:24 PM

Jan 2013
Xenocrisi said:
Chipp12 said:

Can't deny it.

thats going to be in the next ep (happens right b4 graduations cuz for that scene to happen you need to destroy the scholl)
seriously die-hard manga fans... if you are going to complain how manga did everything better at least learn your demn manga -_-
Pazuzu95Sep 17, 2015 12:33 PM
Sep 17, 2015 12:45 PM

Jan 2015
juicykitten95 said:
Xenocrisi said:

Can't deny it.

thats going to be in the next ep (happens right b4 graduations cuz for that scene to happen you need to destroy the scholl)
seriously die-hard manga fans... if you are going to complain how manga did everything better at least learn your demn manga -_-

We were just saying that they cut off an important panel, oh well.
And what's going on? two 1 out of 5 in a row, lel.
Sep 17, 2015 12:54 PM

Jun 2015
Me right now, next week is the season finale I don't know what to feel.

Sep 17, 2015 1:04 PM

Jan 2011
So since we're this far, I think its pretty safe to assume that,
imo there's no fundamental changes from manga to anime. Its just that they pushed all serious arcs in latest episodes, and that's that. In manga the little events are separated with no connection directly but yeah it really makes good flow of chara development though. The minus point is some events are too sudden and just like "things happen" randomly. And... quite repetitive.

Anime wants to fixes that, but if you push all serious events in the end, you have to add fillers. The problem is, the fillers they added is (realtively) hit or miss. Episode 3 is gold and the rest are just so-so for me. Putting the fillers aside, the previous and this episode is better than in the manga. These episodes are quite worth to add those fillers, I think.

So I'm quite neutral about which is better, manga or anime. I agree that sometimes the anime has its dull moments, but the manga isnt flawless either.
Sep 17, 2015 1:16 PM

Jul 2012
I was so hyped up, they really focused on the feels there so because of that, I'm expecting the hype to be stronger and be more eventful for the final episode.
Miki's obsession over Taroumaru is kinda hilarious though, there's more things you should be worrying about than a dog :P
Sep 17, 2015 1:18 PM
Jul 2018
That was an awesome episode, Yuki waking up from the delusion and seeing Miki make it to the shelter was pretty cool. I can't wait to see the finale!
Sep 17, 2015 1:22 PM

Jan 2013
xcess090 said:
That was an awesome episode, Yuki waking up from the delusion and seeing Miki make it to the shelter was pretty cool. I can't wait to see the finale!

yuki still didnt fully awaken
she accepted megunes death but still not the whole zombie situation
for now she knows that bad stuff are happening around her and that she must not keep hiding
Sep 17, 2015 1:22 PM

Dec 2013
Great episode. It was sad seeing Yuki finally accepting the truth.

Guessing that the last episode they will be leaving the school after how much got burned on the roof.
Sep 17, 2015 1:27 PM

Nov 2013
Marina2 said:

Two complains I have are Yuki and Miki seems to forget/uncare about Rii-san and Kurumi's fate and characters spent too much time talking and insted of hurry to get the medicine ...but considering that the time in fiction doesn't reflect the time in real world I don't really mind about it. (Anyone remember : "Namek will explode in 5 minutes" ?)

Gotta say that this pretty much made me not like this episode that much. Extending the drama interrupted the whole race against time thing going on, although I expected as much since Miki stopped to think about Taroumaru last episode.

But they gonna do what they gonna do if they're going to end the anime at the end of this arc I guess.
Sep 17, 2015 1:44 PM

May 2013
Wow, wow I never expect that this episode can be more darker than the actual arc in the manga. Lerche did do a good job at handling at the girl's despairs in one episodes. I'm just kinda sad that they took another route but lets just see.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 17, 2015 1:52 PM

Feb 2014
FUCK. THIS. SHOW. ;~; THIS EPISODE HURT AS MUCH AS THE LAST ONE EXCEPT.

I've never been this depressed watching an anime. I dont understand.
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Sep 17, 2015 2:11 PM

Apr 2014
Well shit haha, zombies invade.
Yuki grow some ball eh? and She knows that Megumi is dead.
Kurumi...don't go into zombie mode (part of me want her to so she can kill all those that are still alive lol).
So is help going to come or everyone already part of zombies land.
Sep 17, 2015 2:46 PM

May 2015
O God, this episode.... This episode.... It was depressing man ;___;, fuck, just loved it.. Now I can't believe next episode will be the final.... It's closing in way too soon.... Hoping for a really great final episode, and hoping for a S2.

Sep 17, 2015 3:15 PM

Oct 2012
Wow, this had to be the peak of this series, excellent episode with so many details and masterfully done!

Now let's hope that Yuki saves the day in the end.
Sep 17, 2015 3:17 PM

Jun 2013
I love how they executed this episode. I think its better then how it was in the manga because of the suspense and the appropriate soundtrack. Even if I read it it still keeps me at the edge of my seat so they did a great job.
Sep 17, 2015 3:20 PM

May 2014
I actually got a little emotional this episode. I also have to praise the soundtrack, which really stood out for me. Yuki has finally accepted reality. Lets see how this concludes.
Sep 17, 2015 3:25 PM

Apr 2014
My Reaction

Sep 17, 2015 4:12 PM
Oct 2014
Don't worry, guys. Because Yuki will save the say next time. Everything is DIEjoubu.
Sep 17, 2015 4:13 PM

Dec 2013
I hope that dog stays 'zombiefied' for good since that little shit is annoying.

Anywho, good episode. I wish they adapted
but, oh well. Hoping for a season 2 with no fillers hopefully
Sep 17, 2015 4:15 PM

Mar 2015
I don't need to lie... some tears were shed. Damn Lerche made me got too attached with the characters...

Megu-nee... sayonara...

Thank God Rii-san dropped that knife. I kept on telling her to not pick the goddamn knife for 2-3 episodes.

Next episode graduation with all 4 characters. Seems like Miki and Kurumi will be fine. Can't wait to see how they're wrapping up this season, now that Gakkou Gurashi is almost done, so it's 1 more week before reading the manga~ I hope it got a second season, pre-order sales number seems kind of meh compared to its popularity.

Sep 17, 2015 4:29 PM

Oct 2013
Pretty awesome episode. I like that Miki didn't instantly become Kurumi the 2nd and she had a hard time handling the shovel. Miki was still pretty brave to run down into the shelter to get the antidote, except the part of getting trapped in a repeat of the mall.

Yuki's awakening to reality and Megunee's final farewell were handled in a very moving way. At first I thought her cross and ribbon were going to be incinerated by the fire, but seeing the ribbon scorched and flying off was a great touch. Seeing Yuki crying in the last moment hit me pretty hard.
Sep 17, 2015 5:03 PM

Apr 2012
Whoah, great ep. Finally Yuki snaps out of it, and I was really worried for the characters the whole time.

Can't wait for next week!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Sep 17, 2015 5:05 PM

Apr 2015
Miki felt like the star of the episode to me; with her taking charge, I'm liking her a lot more. And glad that Yuki's breaking out of her shell now. Can't wait for the next.
Sep 17, 2015 5:21 PM

Apr 2012
this episode was heartbreaking.. hopefully everything will be fine
Sep 17, 2015 6:17 PM

Jan 2011
episode playing with ma heart :( only thing that really bothered me was the amount of talking and lack of hurrying the hell up! i get it but still.
and i'll like to think the reason they didn't check on them was because of all the zombies in the halls.

yuki going from the unreliable to reliable
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2015

511 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 23, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

289 by PahLevia »»
Feb 16, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

328 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 28, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

226 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 24, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2015

227 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 20, 7:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.