Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 12, 2015 2:44 PM

Mar 2010
CookingPriest said:
HaXXspetten said:
Just me or is this mystery breaking a bit too many of Van Dine's 20 Rules?

I don't really find it satisfactory

Yeah I felt it relied too much on things the viewer had no way of knowing(fake barriers, seventh having an acomplice, half the rules we knew being fake, etc).

I mean it all fits together nicely and all but If there's one thing disappointing about this mystery it is the fact that there's no way a viewer could have put it all together on their own.

If I were to do this story I would have made Adlet and everyone else a lot more ambiguous and Adlet's rants and "theories" a lot more crazy and persecution-complex-like so the whole psychological warfare aspect works better. Right now the whole mystery aspect is shaky - after all this show is at its best when you DO NOT know who to trust(including MC himself). And it is at its lowest when "teamwork and trust", forced romance and "Mc explaining convulted theories" happens. Really leaves a kind of unpolished jewel impression so far.

Several people on various forum actually solved the cased unknowingly so no your wrong.

In fact you had all the pieces from as early as episode 4 solve everything. Don't blame the author if your range thinking wasn't board enough.

There nothing convoluted about it all.
Sep 12, 2015 2:45 PM

Jun 2014
So Adlet finally explained his theory, and it's amazing how seemingly insignificant things from the beginning of the season like complaining about a sudden increase in temperature actually played a key role in validating his speculations.

While I did enjoy this episode a lot, I still can't get over how lucky Adlet was with where Riura's body was located. Like seriously, you simply suspect, with no proof, that her body was located inside the dead fiend and voila, it was indeed there?! That is the absolute epitome of luck, I found it a little far-fetched and ridiculous, but I can't do anything about it.

I normally never openly complain about cliffhangers because that's how they ensure that you watch the next episode, but seriously.......WOW. I understand saving the big reveal for the final episode, but seriously that was one of the nastiest cliffhangers I've ever seen in any anime. My heart was racing, Adlet was finally going to reveal it, theeeeeeeen.........ENDING SONG. Ugh next week needs to come faster.
thebrentinator24Sep 12, 2015 2:50 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 12, 2015 2:45 PM
Sep 2014
Jagd84 said:
Several people on various forum actually solved the cased unknowingly so no your wrong.

In fact you had all the pieces from as early as episode 4 solve everything. Don't blame the author if your range thinking wasn't board enough.

Actually the beginning of the episode 5 was necessary, too.
Sep 12, 2015 2:46 PM

Aug 2015
CookingPriest said:

And if you notice I already talked about those hints but the way they were used within the mystery is complete asspull that breaks the preset rules.

Now if those set-ups were used WITHIN the rules the mystery established this would actually be a good mystery. Now, even if the pieces fit, they fit according to such logic that no viewer could have genuinely used, by breaking the rules the bounds of which the viewer was supposed to think within. And that is bad writing. It feels that the author took all the set-up they did and just threw it together randomly, thinking up new random things to glue it all together.

This is where we disagree I guess. From my point of view, it was really clever that they used clues from those early episodes, not bad writing. Everything is right in your face, but the answers are concealed by an entire genre shift, which is genius. If you're really invested in this series, then you would go back and re-watch those episodes anyway.

I don't understand what the superfluity about 'preset rules' has to do with anything though, can you please specify? Or what 'bounds of the viewer' your talking about either. If you're talking about Knox's rules, then look at my previous comment. The fact that you have to resort to abstractions like this that are so vague means that I cant' take your opinions seriously.

Aug 2014
There isn't really any possible way this could have been done otherwise tbh. Writer obviously knew exactly what happened. Maybe the clues where a bit sparse. If there was a scene or something with Adlet thinking about what fog actually was then it may have been a bit more obvious.
Honestly my theory before this episode was that the activation was actually in the fort and that adlet actually triggered it.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.

Jul 2007
Zefyris said:

I already tried to report those long ago. But the problem is since they pretend, we can't prove that they aren't just super intelligent and correctly found out, so they refused some of them. So I completely gave up on those, that's a waste of time to report them, they can't delete those.

On the bright side its a forum post with spoilers. Unlike certain other cases where it is a youtuber with audience of thousand "theorycrafting" an awfully exact "theory" to his audience.

There was all the clues needed to solve since SEVERAL EPISODES AGO. You just missed them.

already said about that - clues sure were there and I talked about. But the conclusion they lead to and the contrived new info needed to make them fit together is what the asspull is and why nobody could have figured it out without the narrative telling them the answer.

It's eespecially funny yo usay you weren't told when Adlet already gave us an almost completely correct theory last episode. You had one week to work on the part that Fremy pointed out as not working.

Yeah, Adlet kind of had new theory every week and I took the show for a more intelligent than it is by thinking it would not expect us to take everything Adlet says as 100% truth.

Frrrosty said:

This is where we disagree I guess. From my point of view, it was really clever that they used clues from those early episodes, not bad writing. Everything is right in your face, but the answers are concealed by an entire genre shift, which is genius. If you're really invested in this series, then you would go back and re-watch those episodes anyway.

I don't understand what the superfluity about 'preset rules' has to do with anything though, can you please specify? Or what 'bounds of the viewer' your talking about either. If you're talking about Knox's rules, then look at my previous comment. The fact that you have to resort to abstractions like this that are so vague means that I cant' take your opinions seriously.

And your argument falls apart because the genre shift was spoiled by the synopsis and the advertisment - so people like me expected it to be a mystery since episode one.

Using info and clues laid out inprevious episodes = Good.
Using them in completely illogical way that requires information that the viewer would have no way of knowing at all = bad writing.

Also implying I have not rewatched the episodes = TOPKEK.
AhenshihaelSep 12, 2015 2:49 PM

Jul 2009
Yes DAT KICK! LOL

I was right about Riura at least and the barrier.

This was a fun ride.
Sep 12, 2015 2:47 PM

Apr 2013
So I'm going to ask those complaining that they could not find out because they were lacking some clues what exactly were they still lacking. Hmm? I'm waiting. There was everything.

lready said about that - clues sure were there and I talked about. But the conclusion they lead to and the contrived new info needed to make them fit together is what the asspull is and why nobody could have figured it out without the narrative telling them the answer.

There was no new info needed to make them fit together. No asspull.
Sep 12, 2015 2:48 PM

Nov 2013
^ Remove that spoiler, dumbass.

inb4 delayed next week for a week
Sep 12, 2015 2:48 PM
Sep 2014
Like I said, the only thing lacking was the viwer's science knowledge about how fog is created.
Sep 12, 2015 2:50 PM
Oct 2010
Zefyris said:
So I'm going to ask those complaining that they could not find out because they were lacking some clues what exactly were they still lacking. Hmm? I'm waiting. There was everything.

Um other than some scenes a lot of the things weren't really possible to figure out because we had no knowledge of the world or the way things worked. The fake barrier for instance.. I mean how many would really figure that out?

skudoops said:
CookingPriest said:

Braves =/= Saints.

Braves are the chosen six to fight the demon god.
Saints are just superpowered females born with aspects of a god.

Ah ok I was just interchanging them then, because I kept wondering what the hell adlet was the saint of lol.

Also I just rewatched this scene and when the princess was telling the story she said that 6 heroes would be bestowed her power when the demon god reappears. What did she mean by that then?
Jul 2014
HaXXspetten said:
black1blade said:
It's not that the explanation was BS it's just that people weren't paying attention to the right details XD. (well I wasn't either).
It's more that those details shouldn't even be part of the playing field. The truth should be something staring you in the face, but only if you're smart enough to see it. This felt way too off-topic

I honestly don't really think the explanation presented was far-fetched or outside the viewer's reach. The only thing that falls under that purview is Riura's body being hidden in an area of the forest we had no idea existed before this moment in time(I mean yea, they fought fiends before this all started but there was no telling if that area was contained within the barrier, really, nor was a body-devouring giant fiend ever mentioned), but honestly that detail is mostly irrelevant. The entire theory was already presented episodes ago by Adlet, and Fremy shooting him down with knowledge outside the viewer's view made it obvious the explanation would be scientific in nature.

The real mystery of the show is 'Who is the seventh brave', anyway, I would say this is a sub-mystery that was mostly meant to clear Adlet and implicate the seventh indirectly.

Aug 2015
apokaliz500 said:
Like I said, the only thing lacking was the viwer's science knowledge about how fog is created.

That is the only thing. If I had to nitpick, this would be it.
Jun 2015
apokaliz500 said:
darboux said:
yes there was if he was the 7th.It was the best chance for him to kill him with no suspicion.

About what he did at ep 5 was because nashetania played jealous game with his head.

Nashetania : goes insane to sane whenever it is convenient and acted suspicious since the first episode.
She also played around with the knife ''accidentally'' broke the plate and said i will be the mistress of the barrier or weird stuff like that....

*poor* princess that has been trained to fight as a saint,lived through civil war and was set to execution(by her own father i think gonna need rewatch),didnt have any problem fighting fiends on her own and did not loose her cool.BUT
1)She suddenly gets ''excited'' attacks adlet when they were alone
2)She looses her cool when inside the temple all conveniently and calms down in 1 second after she broke the plate.
3)Resolves her mind to prove adlet innocent!!!!because hans is the 7th!!! but she hears maura saying adlet injured hans and immediately goes *adlet which i only know for 3 days betrayed i am so innocent* and goes mental to kill him till last moment.......If she was so resolved then maura saying adlet attacked hans makes sense because in her mind Hans was the 7th.......not to mention someone that was set to execution by her people wouldnt be so surprised or go mad over a guy she knows for 3 days betraying her lol.
Or waiit she is so innocent that she does not know her own kingdom hires assasins when she herself was about to be executed and she knows firsthand how cruel people can be ok sure...

Bunny girl did it for sure.

There are more reasons to suspect her.But her personality seem to act insane only when convenient.

Her character is not psycho/yangire or w/e if she not the 7th then she just randomly written lol

Goldof had no clue Adlet came up with the Riura idea, tho. So it's not like, from his perspective, he had to hurry before Adlet says that plan. Again, waiting more with killing anyone will make all Braves turn off the barrier later. Also it will delay finding the true one, since until the kill Adlet they cannot know about his innocence, because he has no ways to prove it (that's what Goldof thought).

If acting suspiociously would make you the 7th, Mora would be evil as well. She was behaving suspicious as hell many times, too, so Nashetania being suspicious isn't enough to be a proof.

"1)": This topic was already touched upon in episode 6 thread (I finally went and read it a few hours ago to look for some clues, didn't find much tho), Zefyris (I hope I write the nick right) said the scene is completely explainable, because Nashetania was mad that Adlet insulted the God of Blades.

About the "2)": What exactly would she achieve by breaking it on purpose? That should make people suspicious of her and I'm sure nobody did only because it was so "clear" Adlet activated the barrier.

Also the "3)" kinda prooves her innocence:
1. As a 7th, it would be more wise to keep "believing in Adlet-san" even after Mora says he hurt Hans, because, like you said, she could say "Hans is 7th and Adlet hurt him because he noticed". Then when Adlet dies and they see he wasn't 7th, Nashetania has perfect situation because noone will suspect person who tried to help the innocent guy. Why should she deliberately make her great situation worse by dropping the "Adlet-san is innocent!"?
And why the hell did she even need to pull such an act before Goldof (he was the only one with her when she did that), who not only would do what she says, but himself was convinced Adlet is the 7th?

1 thing suspicious =coincidence,2 things suspicious=coincidence,3 things suspicious=ok maybe its just coincidence,5+ things sispicious=not coincidence.

If you sit down and write a list with certain things nashetania did/or acted suspiciously ....well there's just so many that it cant just be just coincidence

At least thats how i see it.

The problem with Maura was always how she did it,and there was 1 thing only that made her suspicious.

1)Read the above.Its not just this,its like 10 things that make her suspicious.
2)Because it was the only way to activate the barrier? And no noone found it suspicious or even mentioned because she made sure to sell her persona of innocent princess that does not know anything of the cruel world.
3)Because she is acting that is why.
No what she did was best.She wants to get people killed.At this momment noone can suspect her.Its maura that insists to kill adlet.Next in line is maura.Plus she acted this way for her to not be suspected so everyone would be like poor innocent princess lost her mind so sad.
If she was really legit she would find it logical adlet attacking hans.I mean in her mind hans is the 7th...

The bunny been acting since episode 1.And she did quite a good job of it.Look how maura commented ''princess you not know much of the world''....

Aug 2014
I'm not even going to bother writing any more paragraphs. The only thing that was far fetched was riura's corpse being there. We do know that there is a godess of fate though.

Mar 2010
thebrentinator24 said:

While I did enjoy this episode a lot, I still can't get over how lucky Adlet was with where Riura's body was located. Like seriously, you simply suspect, with no proof, that her body was located inside the dead fiend and voila, it was indeed there?! That is the absolute epitome of luck, I found it a little far-fetched and ridiculous, but what are you gonna do?

That's partially intentional, furthermore this plan couldn't have worked Riura being in the area nearby because the Fiends needed a signal that Adlet had opened the temple without it coming off as suspicious. The also couldn't bury Riura in the ground because Chamo would most likely be chosen as one of Braves who the power find things in the ground which why Riura was eaten instead. So actually quite logical.
Iron_MawSep 12, 2015 2:54 PM
Sep 12, 2015 2:51 PM

Jan 2008
We actually has all the info we needed.
1. They mentioned it was unusually hot.
2. Nobody even said that the barrier would create fog, we just all assumed.
3. We knew a saint that could manipulate solar energy existed.
4. We knew said saint was missing.

I just never considered that the fog wasn't part of the barrier.
Sep 12, 2015 2:51 PM

Nov 2014
And the seventh is....
Hi there
Sep 12, 2015 2:52 PM

Apr 2013
black1blade said:
There isn't really any possible way this could have been done otherwise tbh. Writer obviously knew exactly what happened. Maybe the clues where a bit sparse. If there was a scene or something with Adlet thinking about what fog actually was then it may have been a bit more obvious.

But that's what last week's episode was for. Before then, it made sense to not really think about how the fog appeared, but after Flamie clearly stated it was impossible for two barriers to be erect at the same time, the idea that the fog was actually not related to the barrier can be thought of.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...

Dec 2014
Cliffhanger AGAİİİNNN!! >.< >.<
it felt like he's gonna say nobody. if that happens... >.<

Nov 2013
Matheine said:
I just loled so hard when Adlet just kick Nashetania in the face

That kick was delicious. Long awaited, the bitch deserves it. Maura and Chamot also need to get an iron kick in the face.
Sep 12, 2015 2:53 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, very frustrating though. Mora deserves to be punished.
Sep 12, 2015 2:53 PM

Feb 2011
CookingPriest said:
skudoops said:
You know I mentioned this before in a prior discussion and I am not surprised to see people saying it now. Ever since flamie had to explain barriers to us in that one episode I felt a bit cheated. It doesn't allow viewer participation when done like that because they introduce curve balls that the viewer has no knowledge of like you mentioned or like the sun goddess.

Yeah that moment was one of first major "wait a second shouldn't WE THE VIEWER be able to figure that out without you bringing in random new facts out of your ass?" kind of moment for me with this show.

that aside, i agree with skudoops on the participation in the mystery, a well written mystery which is enjoyable to follow is one where the watcher/reader discovers the mystery alongside the characters, where you see them putting clues together, Before the solution is exposed
this didn't happened, it felt more like a game of random guessing where finally one random guess got confirmed by "luck" :/

cause before discovering the body, the only revealing clue adlet used to base his theory on was the lower temperature :/
which he realized just some minutes before while running away from nashetania
it was like low temperature --> seventh's plan, if anything the explanation was too abrupt and didn't allow the watcher to follow before it got revealed

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Sep 12, 2015 2:54 PM

Jan 2008
Also, I think Goldov just cleared himself this episode. If he was the 7th, he would have immediately chipped Adlet's head off when Maura and Nashetanya told him too. Adlet dies, Mora is shocked, Nashetanya is PISSED, and they go after Maura together. If Maura's not the 7th, then that's TWO braves down.
Sep 12, 2015 2:54 PM

Aug 2014
skudoops said:
Zefyris said:

Um other than some scenes a lot of the things weren't really possible to figure out because we had no knowledge of the world or the way things worked. The fake barrier for instance.. I mean how many would really figure that out?

skudoops said:

Ah ok I was just interchanging them then, because I kept wondering what the hell adlet was the saint of lol.

Also I just rewatched this scene and when the princess was telling the story she said that 6 heroes would be bestowed her power when the demon god reappears. What did she mean by that then?

Basically they don't die within a day when they go to land of howling demons. Most of the time it's been mostly saints (because cleric powers and all) but fremy killed a lot so yeah. Also the power of saints in generational. Also pretty sure that the god's gain power or even existence through worship (which is an awesome way for god's to exist). That is how the kyouma created the god and thus saint of gun powder.

Sep 12, 2015 2:56 PM

Jul 2007
Zefyris said:

lready said about that - clues sure were there and I talked about. But the conclusion they lead to and the contrived new info needed to make them fit together is what the asspull is and why nobody could have figured it out without the narrative telling them the answer.

The info about how barriers work. Throwing out every pre-set parameter like barrier activation, how it is done, when it happened, etc. Randomly finding Riura's body in the middle of huge forest because plot required it for explanation. The twist of private working with the seventh, which had absolutely zero foreshadowing and just appeared out of nowhere last episode.
In these last two or three episodes, the show kept bringing in the new info to make the clues fit. Thus there was absolutely no way to actually figure out what is going on.

The narrative presented us with a mystery. And then in the last part of it suddenly threw out all the parts of it out of the window to answer it. Sure it fits together but without a shitload of things thrown into viewer's face in last two or so episodes, there as no way to actually put the pieces together. And that is bad in terms of writing a mystery.

ANy more and this "trap of the seventh" would be as logical and grounded and explainable as the plans and traps of Lelouch Lamperouge or Light Yagami. As in total nonsense.
Sep 12, 2015 2:58 PM

Oct 2014
Funny animation aside, the How-to was revealed today.

Now, the 7th is...

Nov 2013
Jagd84 said:
CookingPriest said:

Yeah I felt it relied too much on things the viewer had no way of knowing(fake barriers, seventh having an acomplice, half the rules we knew being fake, etc).

I mean it all fits together nicely and all but If there's one thing disappointing about this mystery it is the fact that there's no way a viewer could have put it all together on their own.

If I were to do this story I would have made Adlet and everyone else a lot more ambiguous and Adlet's rants and "theories" a lot more crazy and persecution-complex-like so the whole psychological warfare aspect works better. Right now the whole mystery aspect is shaky - after all this show is at its best when you DO NOT know who to trust(including MC himself). And it is at its lowest when "teamwork and trust", forced romance and "Mc explaining convulted theories" happens. Really leaves a kind of unpolished jewel impression so far.

He's right though, this series breaks pretty much every rule laid down here:
http://gaslight.mtroyal.ca/vandine.htm

Whatever people want to believe, this is not the next coming of jesus. In fact as far as detectives stories go, this is mediocre as fuck. You have to never had read proper detective books to not see it. I still enjoy the show, but due to how entertaining it is, not how profoundly "clever" it is.

Apr 2015
Nice episode. Action was good and although Adlet's explanation felt lost, it's good to see that the mystery's almost done for now.

Apr 2013
Frrrosty said:
apokaliz500 said:

That's not something the writer is supposed to explain because it isn't something he made up and it's basically common knowledge. Like, who doesn't know how condensation works?
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Sep 12, 2015 2:59 PM
Oct 2010
apokaliz500 said:

Not really....many of adlets theories were shut down by knowledge not available to the view. His defense about someone infiltrating, his defense about a second barrier, his defense of flamie. Many of the accusations at the beginning were levied against him using knowledge we did not have.
Sep 12, 2015 2:59 PM

Jun 2015
geralt said:
Frrrosty said:

That's not something the writer is supposed to explain because first it isn't something he made up and while it's basically common knowledge. Like, who doesn't know how condensation works?

You'd be surprised.

My opinion is that while it wasn't impossible to solve the mystery yourself given the information we've learned, it is VERY difficult.
Sep 12, 2015 3:01 PM

Aug 2015
CookingPriest said:

Using them in completely illogical way that requires information that the viewer would have no way of knowing at all = bad writing.

Again could you give me an example? One mystery element that was *quote* used in an illogical way *end quote* whatever that means...
Sep 12, 2015 3:01 PM

Jul 2007
skudoops said:

Zeando said:
CookingPriest said:

Yeah that moment was one of first major "wait a second shouldn't WE THE VIEWER be able to figure that out without you bringing in random new facts out of your ass?" kind of moment for me with this show.

that aside, i agree with skudoops on the participation in the mystery, a well written mystery which is enjoyable to follow is one where the watcher/reader discovers the mystery alongside the characters, where you see them putting clues together, Before the solution is exposed
this didn't happened, it felt more like a game of random guessing where finally one random guess got confirmed by "luck" :/

cause before discovering the body, the only revealing clue adlet used to base his theory on was the lower temperature :/
which he realized just some minutes before while running away from nashetania
it was like low temperature --> seventh's plan, if anything the explanation was too abrupt and didn't allow the watcher to follow before it got revealed

Majority of the explanations hinges on revelations within last two episodes that are connected together by sheer luck of Adlet suddenly stumbling upon a vital clue in the last second by literally getting kicked to it.

If it was a really well written mystery story, the viewer would not really trust Adlet but would be able to piece it together with what is going on. This is clearly not the case considering half the resolutions last few episodes were about people starting to trust Adlet because he's such a great guy.
If it was an okay written mystery story, the viewer would be able to follow Adlet's line of thought if they are observant enough. This goes out of the window because ADlet's line of thought jumps around every episode and the actual correct line of thought hinged on information he(and the viewer) learned seconds before reveals.

Luck and accidental stumbling upon an answer should NEVER happen in a well laid out mystery - the viewer should have a way to be faster than the protagonist in figuring it out, which was impossible int his case.
Sep 12, 2015 3:02 PM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
Zefyris said:

The info about how barriers work. Throwing out every pre-set parameter like barrier activation, how it is done, when it happened, etc. Randomly finding Riura's body in the middle of huge forest because plot required it for explanation. The twist of private working with the seventh, which had absolutely zero foreshadowing and just appeared out of nowhere last episode.
In these last two or three episodes, the show kept bringing in the new info to make the clues fit. Thus there was absolutely no way to actually figure out what is going on.

The narrative presented us with a mystery. And then in the last part of it suddenly threw out all the parts of it out of the window to answer it. Sure it fits together but without a shitload of things thrown into viewer's face in last two or so episodes, there as no way to actually put the pieces together. And that is bad in terms of writing a mystery.

ANy more and this "trap of the seventh" would be as logical and grounded and explainable as the plans and traps of Lelouch Lamperouge or Light Yagami. As in total nonsense.

Except why would a Private know about things from the King?

Hmmmm?? Hmmm? It's not that they weren't there, you just didn't see it.

Maura DID say about the King being secretive. The things with the temperature was said. Think: who did they all get the barrier info from?

It's not just pulled out of no where. Nor was is stuffed into the last 2-3 eps. It was there since the 2nd and 3rd eps.

Then again, this is CookingPriest. >.>
The sun is a deadly laser
Sep 12, 2015 3:03 PM
Sep 2014
darboux said:
1 thing suspicious =coincidence,2 things suspicious=coincidence,3 things suspicious=ok maybe its just coincidence,5+ things sispicious=not coincidence.

If you sit down and write a list with certain things nashetania did/or acted suspiciously ....well there's just so many that it cant just be just coincidence

At least thats how i see it.

The problem with Maura was always how she did it,and there was 1 thing only that made her suspicious.

1)Read the above.Its not just this,its like 10 things that make her suspicious.
2)Because it was the only way to activate the barrier? And no noone found it suspicious or even mentioned because she made sure to sell her persona of innocent princess that does not know anything of the cruel world.
3)Because she is acting that is why.
No what she did was best.She wants to get people killed.At this momment noone can suspect her.Its maura that insists to kill adlet.Next in line is maura.Plus she acted this way for her to not be suspected so everyone would be like poor innocent princess lost her mind so sad.
If she was really legit she would find it logical adlet attacking hans.I mean in her mind hans is the 7th...

The bunny been acting since episode 1.And she did quite a good job of it.Look how maura commented ''princess you not know much of the world''....

There's one thing you're forgetting in your "too many coincidences" logic. Coincidences happen. And they happen A LOT in fiction. Assume that writer wants us to believe Nash is the 7th. What should he do? Make a lot of scenes that can both be explainable by her character or the theory she's the 7th. This way a lot of people will suspect har and then BAM she's innocent and nobody can say it makes no sense because every scene is explainable.

2) Ok, let's assume breaking the table was needed to activate the barrier. Then how you deactivate it? You cannot undo breaking something in half. Ok, maybe then deactivation is something that doesn't involve the tablet? Than if you want to activate it again for some reason, how exactly do you do that? Like, seriously. I have a hard time believing 3 saints would spend so much time to create a barrier that can be activated only once. They never thought of any unplanned situations? They never needed to launch it just to check if it works?

3) Still, there is no reason to try THAT hard to act just before Goldof who trusts her anyways and would be probably happy that Nash wants to finally kill the true 7th.
If I were her, I'd be more carefull. There's no harm in staying in "Adlet is innocent", but there MAY be harm in not staying in this act if you're the seventh. The fact she changed so suddenly from Adlet's friend to enemy is not only suspicious to us, it can be suspicious to other Braves, too.
And no, if she was legit she'd do exactly what she did. Because, like some LN readers said, and what anime implies if you think long enough, is that Nashetania knows Mora for a long time so she has reasons to believe that if mora is absolutely sure this time (and she definitely sounded like she was) then she has to be right and "I was a fool".

Also another thing worth mentioning. After Adlet figures out the Riura stuff, I think we can assume he already knows who is the 7th since before the end he's supposed to say that. But after he figured it out and Nashrtania sits next to him lying on the ground, he looks at her warmly. If he knows she is the one, why would he do that? Also after figuring it out, when she kicks Nashetania in the face, he says "Sorry!". Does he have any reason to say sorry for kicking in the face person who was the bad one that deceived him and tried to kill him?

Aug 2014
CookingPriest said:
Zefyris said:

Uhh I'm pretty sure that the thing about the private was easily worked out way before. I did anyway, I don't see why you wouldn't think that he was lying especially since we know that nobody (apart from the 7th) actually knows how the barrier works.

Apr 2012
So who's the seventh, eight, the ninth and the other 20 that might fuck with them before they actually get to fight any demon king? XD
Sep 12, 2015 3:04 PM

Jun 2014
Jagd84 said:
thebrentinator24 said:

While I did enjoy this episode a lot, I still can't get over how lucky Adlet was with where Riura's body was located. Like seriously, you simply suspect, with no proof, that her body was located inside the dead fiend and voila, it was indeed there?! That is the absolute epitome of luck, I found it a little far-fetched and ridiculous, but what are you gonna do?

That's partially intentional, furthermore this plan couldn't have worked Riura being in the area nearby because the Fiends needed a signal that Adlet had opened the temple without it coming off as suspicious. The also couldn't bury Riura in the ground because Chamo would most likely be chosen as one of Braves who the power find things in the ground which why Riura was eaten instead. So actually quite logical.

Oh shit I almost forgot about that. I do remember Adlet mentioned the Chamo thing. That makes sense, thanks for that. I think what I was trying to say was that he got lucky that she was in the body of the fiend, because it's possible that she could have been somewhere else (unless they mentioned that it would have been impossible for her body to be somewhere else, so please correct me if I'm wrong about that).
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 12, 2015 3:05 PM

Jul 2007
mira-nyan said:

Then how about presenting us with that mystery.
If this was pre-planned, the information about the activation ritual being misinformation would have been given out to us near the start so the viewer can spend the rest of time figuring out HOW it happened. Adlet's flashback about his village would also have to happen before that so the viewer would HAVE a train of thought to follow about humans working with fiends. As it stands the way the information is thrown at the viewer is structured ins uch a way that vital clues are withheld till SECONDS till reveal, making it impossible to figure out before the MC.

If the theory MC makes is wrong, the viewer should be able to refute it before the character does and the character should not do it with info that viewer could have no way of even having guessed.
If the MC has a theory it should be something viewer can follow instead of MC spending three episodes throwing out random theories including "This was all done to get me because I am so important!"
If the MC is forming a theory viewer should already have clues needed to follow it before he does it.

A good mystery shows you all the pieces from the very start and then shows clues on how it fits together with you being able to piece it together without them.
What Rokka did was hide multiple pieces till near the reveal and then forcibly put them together in a way the viewer could not.

Maybe you should stick to fangirling about seiba?
AhenshihaelSep 12, 2015 3:11 PM
Sep 12, 2015 3:05 PM

Apr 2013
skudoops said:

Hah? There was no fake barrier, it was explained two episodes ago that another barrier wasn't possible. So you knew that more than two weeks before the reveal. And just to say, the "no fake barrier" isn't a clue, it's something used to destroy some possibilities so that only one remains. So it's necessary for a different reason, and that's why you got the explanation in episode 10.
The clues were all there even before that.

Frrrosty said:
apokaliz500 said:

That's completely fine, because it's not the author who is lacking in his writing, it's the reader who is lacking available common knowledge. It's a very, very common type of trick in detective story. It doesn't break any of the rules of a detective story and is actually extremely clever trick to use when we're in a world with magic.

As for Riura's corpse being there, it's not far fetched either. It's logical. It cannot be hidden anywhere else inside the barrier
Remember, you can't make a hole to burry here. There are things right below the ground everywhere inside the barrier and those things are hard enough to not even get a scratch from Fremy's bomb. You can't put a cadaver in there. So where hiding it? Inside a hollow tree? that cannot be possible? Why? There is no outsider inside the barrier right now. With all Chamo's pet running around, it's pretty clear. Riura needed to be killed exactly when Adlet opened the door. But at that time, everyone (except chamo) was with someone else. So they could not be alone to kill her and hide the corpse. Only a fiend could. But there's no fiend alive. And more importantly, a fiend died somewhere else than where that battle happened would have looked suspicious already, especially a big one that no one reported to have killed. "Hide a tree in the middle of a forest". Whereas trying to hide it somewhere else wasn't completel yimpossible, the easiest and most secure place to hide a cadaver in that forest was definitely in the middle of other big cadavers, because you cannot put it underground.. And even if you could, it was already said by fremy that Chamo's pets could tunnel though the floor. Hiding it below would be risky. So Adlet ran toward the best place to hide it.

The other fiends were not big enough to hide it, that's why they looked for a big one.
Sep 12, 2015 3:06 PM

Aug 2014
I do agree that Adlet's thought pattern isn't very logical. But you know, lateral thinking ftw.

Sep 12, 2015 3:08 PM

Aug 2014
You can't solve every problem with logical thinking.

Sep 12, 2015 3:09 PM

Jun 2015
black1blade said:
I do agree that Adlet's thought pattern isn't very logical. But you know, lateral thinking ftw.

I don't even care, he has so much respect from me at this point.
Sep 12, 2015 3:09 PM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
mira-nyan said:

If this was pre-planned, the information about the activation ritual being misinformation would have been given out to us near the start so the viewer can spend the rest of time figuring out HOW it happened.

You mean the mystery being solved right at the start, rite? >.>

Adlet's flashback about his village would also have to happen before that so the viewer would HAVE a train of thought to follow about humans working with fiends.

Except Fremie.
Pretty sure we all thought that the Brave Killer was working with the fiends at the start. Not that I ever thought that, but hey, opinions!

[ s]Maybe you should stick to fangirling about seiba?[/s]

But I can't do that if there's no one to fite. D:
The sun is a deadly laser
Sep 12, 2015 3:10 PM

Aug 2015
CookingPriest said:

Majority of the explanations hinges on revelations within last two episodes that are connected together by sheer luck of Adlet suddenly stumbling upon a vital clue in the last second by literally getting kicked to it.

If it was a really well written mystery story, the viewer would not really trust Adlet but would be able to piece it together with what is going on. This is clearly not the case considering half the resolutions last few episodes were about people starting to trust Adlet because he's such a great guy.
If it was an okay written mystery story, the viewer would be able to follow Adlet's line of thought if they are observant enough. This goes out of the window because ADlet's line of thought jumps around every episode and the actual correct line of thought hinged on information he(and the viewer) learned seconds before reveals.

Luck and accidental stumbling upon an answer should NEVER happen in a well laid out mystery - the viewer should have a way to be faster than the protagonist in figuring it out, which was impossible int his case.

Rokka actually does the opposite compared to other mysteries, it uses new information to debunk ones that are being developed by the audience. That's fine though.

E.g. Fremy dictates more about the barrier mechanism in order to disprove theories concerning (temporarily) activation of barrier after Adlet entered.

Also Van Dinne's rules = Knox's Ten Commandments, as I have already said, these are guidelines, not some holy mark scheme.

It is an extremely risky move on behalf of the writer to defy them though. He is writing a detective story in a fantasy setting after all, so if the solution relied on some supernatural element not contained in the world building that was set up in the first two episodes, then I would definitely agree with people critiquing the show with Van Dinne/Knox's rules.
FrrrostySep 12, 2015 3:15 PM
Sep 12, 2015 3:12 PM

May 2010
RowanNimble said:
I wonder how Hans Convinced Chamot to move from the temple.

Sep 12, 2015 3:12 PM
Sep 2014
Zefyris said:
That's completely fine, because it's not the author who is lacking in his writing, it's the reader who is lacking available common knowledge. It's a very, very common type of trick in detective story. It doesn't break any of the rules of a detective story and is actually extremely clever trick to use when we're in a world with magic.

As for Riura's corpse being there, it's not far fetched either. It's logical. It cannot be hidden anywhere else inside the barrier
Remember, you can't make a hole to burry here. There are things right below the ground everywhere inside the barrier and those things are hard enough to not even get a scratch from Fremy's bomb. You can't put a cadaver in there. So where hiding it? Inside a hollow tree? that cannot be possible? Why? There is no outsider inside the barrier right now. With all Chamo's pet running around, it's pretty clear. Riura needed to be killed exactly when Adlet opened the door. But at that time, everyone (except chamo) was with someone else. So they could not be alone to kill her and hide the corpse. Only a fiend could. But there's no fiend alive. And more importantly, a fiend died somewhere else than where that battle happened would have looked suspicious already, especially a big one that no one reported to have killed. "Hide a tree in the middle of a forest". Whereas trying to hide it somewhere else wasn't completel yimpossible, the easiest and most secure place to hide a cadaver in that forest was definitely in the middle of other big cadavers, because you cannot put it underground.. And even if you could, it was already said by fremy that Chamo's pets could tunnel though the floor. Hiding it below would be risky. So Adlet ran toward the best place to hide it.

The other fiends were not big enough to hide it, that's why they looked for a big one.

Yes, I agree. It's common knowledge. The author cannot be responsible in your lack in basic knowledg. Especially that it can be looked up in five minutes, I did that so I know how easy it is to find basic info about a fog. Thought honestly, I never bothered to think what's Riura's motif. I just assumed she told Sun to stop and that's it, but I guess this way Adlet had a chance to proove his theory, if Riura was still alive he probably couldn't.
Sep 12, 2015 3:13 PM

Jul 2007
mira-nyan said:
CookingPriest said:

If this was pre-planned, the information about the activation ritual being misinformation would have been given out to us near the start so the viewer can spend the rest of time figuring out HOW it happened.

You mean the mystery being solved right at the start, rite? >.>

But barrier guidelines being fake was not the answer to the mystery it was a vital clue.
THe mystery was on who activated the barrier.
ANd setting up clear parameters of hte mystery is tthe FIRST thing mystery has to do.

Frrrosty said:

Rokka actually does the opposite compared to other mysteries, it uses new information to debunk ones that are being developed by the audience. That's fine though.

No, that's bad writing shows like code geass rely on.
It makes it impossible for the viewer to solve it because solving it relies on info you DONT have. Info that is provided literally within the same episode(or near the same episode) that the answer is given out by MC.
Sep 12, 2015 3:14 PM
Oct 2010
Zefyris said:
skudoops said:

Hah? There was no fake barrier, it was explained two episodes ago that another barrier wasn't possible. So you knew that more than two weeks before the reveal. And just to say, the "no fake barrier" isn't a clue, it's something used to destroy some possibilities so that only one remains. So it's necessary for a different reason, and that's why you got the explanation in episode 10.
The clues were all there even before that.

You know what I mean, adlet's theory about barriers was shot down by flamie with knowledge we did not have. I never mention the episode specifically, btw with this episode the variable was the saint of sun's actual abilities.
Pages (18) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2015

983 by ItsViny »»
Apr 22, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Who is the strongest of the braves? ( 1 2 )

jbeat - Jul 25, 2015

65 by Talamare »»
Apr 16, 4:00 PM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2015

292 by alphxmane »»
Jan 10, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Do you have a favorite character? ( 1 2 3 )

IncestEmblem - Aug 18, 2015

111 by Gator »»
Nov 29, 2023 12:41 PM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2015

576 by Gator »»
Nov 28, 2023 8:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.