Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 21, 2015 7:59 PM

Aug 2015
yhunata said:
Anime was a mistake. Heil Manga.
Aug 21, 2015 8:13 PM

Jan 2013
Didn't show Souma's cooking at all.
Good episode, so many strong competitors.
Aug 21, 2015 8:18 PM

Jan 2011
The Autumn Election tournament has finally begun! This episode was so damn enjoyable and got me really excited; been waiting for this to be adapted for ages so glad to finally see it. First half showcasing everyone going off on their own way and training and trying out different spices and dishes during their summer vacation. I really like how Houjou cooks Chinese cuisine. Nao is hilarious when she's basically cooking with a cauldron and really despises Arato.

Second half was awesome though. Isami losing weight was so great, funny how it's a normal thing to happen in summer. The female judges are pretty darn hot, dayum. Blatant fanservice on Houjou was great, love her red dress. xD That one judge looking down upon Megumi... you'll eat your own words. Hayama is going all in with his spices. Nikumi acting tsundere and raising her hand was so cute though. Meanwhile, Souma's asleep... BASED SOUMA lmao!
5/5
Aug 21, 2015 8:57 PM

Jan 2015
So THAT is "Sacchan" while "cooking" but without "singing".
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 21, 2015 9:14 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, that girl in the China dress was pretty hot...even if the whole man-hater personality is annoying as hell. Though if just chopping something with a knife makes your rack and dat booty shake at the same time, she's doing something right.

Those twin sisters are fucking bombshells. I was just satisfied with the first one that walked in with the white dress. But then her equally hot sister with the horny voice looking for the D strolls in. To put it bluntly...very much looking forward to their foodgasms. Lol even their thing in the post preview screen showed how opposite they are; you can here the white dress sister say "be thrilled" in the confident tone and the lewd sister saying "thrill meeeee~".

Wonder who their seiyuus are? They didn't get posted to MAL, but both sound familiar.
Aug 21, 2015 9:37 PM

Sep 2013
My man Isshiki has the ladies down pat XD

DAMN, spices are hard :O
Poor Erina is lonely :'(
Aug 21, 2015 9:39 PM
Feb 2010
Jonesy974 said:
Wonder who their seiyuus are? They didn't get posted to MAL, but both sound familiar.
Both are voiced by Yoko Hikasa.
Aug 21, 2015 9:58 PM

Jan 2011
lol i still have the Autumn Election on hold i can feel the ending of it though !was planning on resuming once this ended.

maybe i'll be able to take in all the dishes this time around there was way to much info being thrown at ya during the Shokugeki's in the manga
Aug 21, 2015 10:02 PM

Aug 2014
What an EPIC episode was this!! Everyone went home to study and get more kills for the tournament in Fall and I got really surprised when I saw all ones back and have cooking as well as thought. Finally in the end Souma-kun really needs to be different of them. He's sleeping while is cooking specially during an important tournament!!! ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Aug 21, 2015 10:17 PM

Mar 2015
Inugirlz said:
YES SKINNY ISAMI IS HERE! *sigh* i don't want him to go back to being fat (although he's still cute)

on another note...what in god's name is this gif! LOL SO RANDOM xD
PK777 said:

It's from DURARARA (Season 1). I'm afraid I might disappoint you, but it's not yaoi :D
Aug 21, 2015 10:17 PM

Aug 2013
KilluaPwns said:
Jonesy974 said:
Both are voiced by Yoko Hikasa.

Ooooooh. That literally explains everything! lmao.

The seductiveness of the voice, the familiarity/why I liked the voice so much. The perfect ero tone.

I almost feel bad for not realizing it. lol
Aug 21, 2015 10:50 PM
Jul 2018
HOLY SHIT that was intense!

Isami now looks more badass o.O

Damn I want that OST when the director showed up. So epic.

9/10 so far.
Aug 21, 2015 11:12 PM

Dec 2011
So hype for the prelims and it seems like this season will end at chapter 60 if it keep with 3 chapters per episode.We will now see reaction on all important characters in the anime this might took about 3-4 episodes.Awesome episode...
Aug 21, 2015 11:21 PM
Sep 2014
I've gotten used to the ED song and now I kinda like it :o
I thought the episode was going slow at first, but it actually felt long and very complete!
I'm still surprised that a cooking show is one of my favorites of the season
I can't believe there's only 4 episodes left... I think they're gonna make another cour, right? I'm excited :D
Btw I think Megumi is gonna surprise everyone this time!

Aug 21, 2015 11:34 PM

Jul 2015
Sooooooo excited for episode 21! Really curious as to what Souma is cooking up. It would be a MAJOR plot twist if Souma ended up losing, but that's most likely not gonna happen. Maybe. I don't think I'll ever understand Souma LOL. Sleeping in the preliminaries? It's like he's purposely trying to tease everyone with his cooking because it's so obvious that he's going to end up making some super fantastic-amazing dish, even though he slept for a bit. Getting really impatient in waiting for each episode to come out that I'm seriously considering reading the manga just to know what happens next :p

caught in the wonder
Aug 21, 2015 11:36 PM

Nov 2007
I will leave everything to only three words:

GO, POLAR STAR!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Aug 21, 2015 11:51 PM

Jun 2012
Isami looks pretty cool when hes skinny.
Aug 22, 2015 12:07 AM

Jan 2011
Extreme weight loss due to summer heat. Now if only I was like that...

That fish head curry from Singapore! Always nice when I see my country being referenced in animes. I don't really like that dish though.
I'm fine with the curry but the fish head creeps me out.

Sadako Sadatsuka going full occult creepy. That witch brew probably gonna be something delicious despite its looks.

Soma deciding not to give a fuck and just sleep.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Aug 22, 2015 12:12 AM

Mar 2012
Yes, Autumn Election prelims begin! It's just the preparatory stage for everyone, but the episode did a pretty good job showcasing pretty much most of the relevant characters. Lol, totally forgot that Souma fell asleep for the start. xD

Very solid buildup for what's gonna get even juicier with the judging! The next episodes are gonna be good, especially since it's looking pretty certain that they're not going to rush the judging portion at all! >:D
Aug 22, 2015 1:07 AM

Jun 2015
Looks like Souma is in a pinch yet again!
Can't wait to see what happens next
Nice mention of Singapore! Fish head curry is AWESOME.

Aug 22, 2015 2:09 AM

Jan 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
lingerie-lace said:
Is Nikumi supposed to be associated with an 'American' stereotype? This is what I've been wondering since the first episode. She has the stereotypical blonde hair, light eyed, tan skinned, 'american girl' look. She also wears that U.S. flag bikini a lot. Does anyone get what I'm saying or is that just me??

Just you. Personally I think she is a parody/homage character from another great Japanese food series Yakikate Japan.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/629/668/b15.gif

There is a funny side manga where Souma asks her about her bikini wearing, saying doesn't she get burnt by the oil. Her response was: those who fear the oil cannot cook meat!

This is why I recommend the manga, so many little side jokes that the animation has to skip.

No he's not. I actually picked up on that as soon as she was introduced as well. It's not just the bikini and blonde hair, it's the bronzage as well like he said, the glossy skin, the short hair, the big boobs, the tomboyish superficial character paired with a character underneath that has quite a classic outlook on gender relations, the obsession with meat and beef in particular, her obsession with knives and urge to carry them in holsters, and the typical tendency to classify everything (no traditional French or Italian chef is ever going to say they're gonna prepare an 'A5').

PK777 said:
THE HYPE IS REAL!!!!

Chitanda Eru +1, always!
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Aug 22, 2015 3:11 AM

Aug 2008
Competition start! So hype.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 22, 2015 3:17 AM

Apr 2015
BE PREPARED FOR ALL THE FOODGASMS PEOPLE!!!!]
#CHEXIT
Aug 22, 2015 3:34 AM

Jan 2015
Akapilka said:
Everyone looks down on Megumi... They're gonna be rekt the next week.

Lol, i hope so
Aug 22, 2015 4:00 AM

Oct 2013
That group B twin is a slut. A SLUUUUUUT!

dat post-credits scene lmao

fat Isami > slim Isami

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 22, 2015 7:09 AM
Jul 2018
Slim Isami Aldini is handsome as fuck.
Aug 22, 2015 7:10 AM

Sep 2014
Another great episode. I'm still sorta worried about how the Anime's going to adapt the whole Election arc though. I hope they don't skip anything. :/
Aug 22, 2015 7:26 AM

Apr 2015
LOL Souma what the hell ? The tournament is too easy for you ?
Aug 22, 2015 7:34 AM

Jan 2015
WOW episode! Isami looks much better now :P .. that girl with an obsession on Erina looks like witch LoL. Everyone works hard on thier cooks, Soma?? zzzzz.... >_< Shiomi Jun really adorable!!
Aug 22, 2015 8:54 AM

May 2013
Isami so handsome in his slim form now! And man, even the ones from Polar Star are getting so much hype. I mean, we yet still to see what they are capable to do.

And Souma being Souma in a Souma show.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Aug 22, 2015 9:34 AM

Jan 2014
Mmh nice style Souma, make everyone think you're sleeping, while you're actually cooking p:
It'll be interesting to see what kind of curry dish he'll come up with. I'm also curious about that black magic :o and if Megumi can get her act together for real this time. Eight spots and so many characters i want to see there... it's just not enough ._.
Aug 22, 2015 9:53 AM

Oct 2013
None of you better dare to eat any kind of junk food before, after or during watching next week's ep, else Erina will look at you in disgust!

But holy shit, I don't know where to focus my eyes. This entire arc looks like it could handle an entire 1-cour season in order to properly display everyone's dish. Guess I'm jumping into the manga after the anime's over, whether it get's a 2nd season or not.

For now at least, my eyes are especially on Archer & Accelerator. And of course, Souma & Megumi, as always.
Aug 22, 2015 10:14 AM

Jul 2014
LMAO THE ALDINI BROTHERS ARE THE BEST. I remember my first impression was that they would be snobby but now they're just hilarious xD
Orie's seductiveness though... *__*
Nikumi's "Y-yo..." hnngggggh
really epic episode. It was cool to see the rest of Polar Star in the spotlight. I wish Yoshino and Ryoko got more screen time!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2015 11:11 AM

Jun 2014
MgMaster said:

But holy shit, I don't know where to focus my eyes. This entire arc looks like it could handle an entire 1-cour season in order to properly display everyone's dish. Guess I'm jumping into the manga after the anime's over, whether it get's a 2nd season or not.

Read it now, they're cutting scenes.
Aug 22, 2015 11:47 AM

Jun 2014
I'm a little disappointed that they rearranged a lot of thing, skimmed a little bit for the explanation of some people, their cooking method and how they cut some dialogue of the people cooking and of the people reacting to their cooking method.
Oh well it's still enjoyable, I just hope the judging doesn't get skimmed through.
Aug 22, 2015 1:10 PM

May 2015
Sleeping Souma is hilarious. xD
Nice episode as ever, I'm really excited to see what happens next.
Aug 22, 2015 1:25 PM

Nov 2014
This was a great episode as always cant wait for next week. Only 4 episodes to go :( But it is one of my favorite anime at the start I was like ok this is weird then when I got to like episode 5 was like this is so good. Hoping that this will get enough sales so it will get a second season.

Loved everything about this episode Isami going slim and Souma sleeping at the end was so hilarious and then Megumi going crazy as always.
Aug 22, 2015 7:19 PM

Apr 2011
"I don't want a woman in my kitchen..."

hmm.. I think this anime got this thing in reverse LOL
Aug 22, 2015 8:43 PM

Apr 2015
babymimi said:
MgMaster said:

Not only cutting, they're jumbling chapters ad scenes. They're not in order.
#CHEXIT
Aug 23, 2015 3:04 AM

Apr 2013
love how every character got to shine a bit
Aug 23, 2015 3:08 AM

Jul 2013
I really like that background music playing from 9:30-10:15 it's very relaxing

Isami shrank and it happens every year because of the heat hahahaha

ok so the preliminary round has started so why the hell did Yukihira fell asleep?

seriously, this is one of the shows that takes me almost an hour to watch a single episode. Not because it's boring but because there's a lot of funny or awesome moments that I want to watch repeatedly. I just love this show.
Aug 23, 2015 4:02 AM

Jul 2010
Vaelore said:
Can the cutest girl raise her hand please!

Glad I'm not the only one who enjoy the best grill.
But seriously, all the female characters in this show are portrayed so strongly and I really like it, even Megumi in her carelessness is training to become strong.

Also I don't read the manga but this arc seems a bit rushed, isn't it?
Aug 23, 2015 5:04 AM

Dec 2012
Isami is better like this. I think he cooks better than his brother. Souma fell asleep xD
I hope he will not be eliminated in the next episode.
Aug 23, 2015 5:53 AM
Jan 2015
Next episode is going to be amazing :D
Aug 23, 2015 7:14 AM

Nov 2011
Imeon said:
babymimi said:

Not only cutting, they're jumbling chapters ad scenes. They're not in order.

Those scenes aren't even that important. Let's be grateful with all the scenes that we have rather than complaning how few scenes didn't get animated.

Aug 23, 2015 8:15 AM

Sep 2013
Ooh, the Autumn Election is off to a good start! Can't wait to see what Souma has in store for us next week!
Aug 23, 2015 9:22 AM

Nov 2013
ahah he fell asleep. Well this is starting to get exciting again.
Aug 23, 2015 1:52 PM

Jun 2013
Lol Souma is so OP that his food cooks itself while he sleeps!!!
Aug 23, 2015 3:41 PM

Oct 2012
They made two episodes of preparations and characters' introduction but well...

I don't think it was necessary, even more, it was boring at times but at least we can be sure they are taking their time and not rushing the series. And that's a good point.

Tadokoro was lovely as always, she really has this best girl feel all the time she's on scene.
Aug 23, 2015 6:35 PM

Dec 2014
Whoa, Ryo turns into a berserker when he ties on his bandana.

Looks like Soma pulled too many all-nighters, lol.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2015

222 by Yiuumii »»
May 9, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2015

228 by Yiuumii »»
May 9, 5:53 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2015

331 by Yiuumii »»
May 9, 5:35 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2015

199 by Yiuumii »»
May 9, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2015

176 by Yiuumii »»
May 9, 4:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.